bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 125.
#2351 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yes, played in a home environment, on location, and at show... like water/drop torture to me. Would rather play a pachinko machine! While I do enjoy good code, my preference (currently) really leans toward games that I can walk up to, enjoy, and walk away from quickly and without needing a 200-page manual to decode what the hell is goin on. Hobbit, for me, hits off the mark on many fronts... but, I'm sure it resonates with quite a few folks!

As you've stated different strokes for different folks,. I personally can't put more than a few games on a EM or early SS before getting bored. Jgentry talked about Flash Gordon having his favorite shot, I've played it and for me there isn't enough going on in it to give up my floor space to it. I bet most people don't even know there is no multiball in Flash Gordon. Same thing with favorites like Paragon and Black Hole, beautiful games, just not enough action to bring me back. I had a very nice Vector for a few months, after about 200 games I never turned it on again (and Vector has a great layout). I sold it for less than what I bought it for and that's before shopping it and fixing multiple issues in it. The point is not all of us like the same stuff and that's probably a good thing. It keeps the second hand market fluid.

#2352 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wasn't that a Disney theme?

I believe so, starring Dwayne Johnson.

#2353 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I believe so, starring Dwayne Johnson.

I was thinking more of The Chinese Water Torture on that haunted house record.

And yes, playing many of the newer games with their long drawn out stories and rules and stupidly long ball times to accomplish that, reminds me a lot of The Chinese Water Torture.

#2354 5 years ago

For those that must know, here's two minutes of your life you'll never get back.

#2355 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For those that must know, here's two minutes of your life you'll never get back.

Think I still have the cassette at my folks house.

#2356 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Think I still have the cassette at my folks house.

Oh yeah... had this on vinyl back in the day! Right along with Disney's Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House!

#2357 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol, I was trying to have a fun bet as I point out your pretty big exclamation that once readily available they are going to be selling for 33% less on the secondary. All games drop, but few drop that much. You made an exclamatory statement combined with saying why you dont like the game. I just think you are way off.
This is not a 3rd grade bet. That would end up in you licking the frozen flag pole on recess.
This is for a fun time. You lose and you end up drinking some good spirits and playing some classics while I show you why I like them and what you are missing. I guess the punishment is you have to hang out with me for a few hours, lol.
sometimes bets can be fun and a $50 bottle of booze among guys that spend 6k on pinball machines is not very much in my world of having some fun with it all.
If you change you mind, bet is still open

As one of Zach’s top pics (it must be gold) would you take that bet with me on 5k (plus/minus 500) Houdini’s in less than 12 months?? Lol. I enjoy a good drink and meeting interesting characters. You sir are actually interesting.

#2358 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As one of Zach’s top pics (it must be gold) would you take that bet with me on 5k (plus/minus 500) Houdini’s in less than 12 months?? Lol. I enjoy a good drink and meeting interesting characters. You sir are actually interesting.

I would take that bet. Houdini selling for 5500 or under within the next year... seems likely to me. They are already being advertised at 6200obo right now, so that seems like a short path IMO.

most recent one at 6200 that appears to be in process of a trade now...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/67828

I think you just want to get drunk and play pinball with me that is cool to

#2359 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think you just want to get drunk and play pinball with me that is cool to

you figured me out. Lol. Trust me they are already selling under 6 off Pinside. Sold one last week for 6 with 600 in mods so I figure it was a safe bet for a free drink lol. The 6 near me already left Illinois to second owners in under 4 months. Win or loose if your at Expo you sir will get drinks on me. You fight for what you believe in and that can’t be all bad.

#2360 5 years ago

unfortunately wont be at expo by the looks of it (after all the drama we made other plans for that time and are sitting a year out), but we can hit up another show on the flipside

#2361 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

unfortunately wont be at expo by the looks of it (after all the drama we made other plans for that time and are sitting a year out), but we can hit up another show on the flipside

Anytime. Headed to Mequan tomorrow to beat on Lawnboys machines for some Friday fun.

#2362 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Does that mean you're giving Deadpool an F Gunnut?

If the F stands for fail then yeah!

#2363 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

If the F stands for fail then yeah!

Ouch!

#2364 5 years ago

Watch "SDTM Unboxing/Speed Run: Deadpool Pro Pinball Machine" on YouTube

Where do I start with this one? Ahhh! "The outfit" Thank you for not dressing up in a tight fitted deadpool costume that is not appropriate for straight males, children and pretty much everyone else that has 20 20 vision. Funny humorous video. I'm starting a go fund me to buy the SDTM team a drill gun with a socket attachment. Guaranteed you can do it in under 4 mins then. Look forward to the review. New code dropped yesterday so just in time. It will be the first review with the new code.

Congratulations on the new game!

#2365 5 years ago

Funny, I liked. No need to describe what your wearing lol

#2366 5 years ago

I am really impressed by Zach, -i think around 8 minutes unboxing time is not so bad for a slightly overweighted best-ager...

Look forward to his next dressing...ok, and the review as well...

#2367 5 years ago
Quoted from tuneup1:

I am really impressed by Zach, -i think around 8 minutes unboxing time is not so bad for a slightly overweighted best-ager...

If Zach had tighter abs and stronger deltoids he might be able to best the Olympic record. Deadpool!!

I watched twitch of a guy on the first day of unboxing DP. He beats every mode and completes Sinister with his score at 2B. He starts over and ends with the highest score you'll ever see. Looking forward to watching a little Mano e Mano vs Greg.
IMG_0528 (resized).PNGIMG_0528 (resized).PNG

#2368 5 years ago

Oh Yeah! Checkout the Speed Run I did on unboxing Deadpool Pro pinball machine. How fast could you unbox a pinball machine?

#2369 5 years ago
Quoted from tuneup1:

6min 14sec cmon! And I’ll pretend I didn’t hear the slightly overweight comment...

#2370 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

6min 14sec cmon! And I’ll pretend I didn’t hear the slightly overweight comment...

Damn, you´re right: 6min 14sec is the bare unboxing time (sorry, was looking at the duration of the video) and now i´ll convince everybody out there that the tiny spare tire under that shirt is just part of the costume, deal?

#2371 5 years ago
MEME2018-08-31-10-40-01 (resized).jpgMEME2018-08-31-10-40-01 (resized).jpg
#2372 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

[quoted image]

Hahaha next time I’ll have Greg throw items at me to slow down my time.

#2373 5 years ago

Damn it sure is a beauty of a pin, I dunno about the pin stadiums. Playfield looks amazing with them but you sure see a lot of reflection of the sword and wire ramps. I wonder if you could a bit of a diffuser or matte filter on them.

#2374 5 years ago

I appreciate your, "maximum effort!" I'm not sure that you should have stopped the clock until you took the glass off and cut all the protectors on the play field. I feel like this is a clear bias to unboxing Stern's and I bet you would have done it for your friends at JJP or Spooky.

#2375 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I appreciate your, "maximum effort!" I'm not sure that you should have stopped the clock until you took the glass off and cut all the protectors on the play field. I feel like this is a clear bias to unboxing Stern's and I bet you would have done it for your friends at JJP or Spooky.

haha, he was over the line.

#2376 5 years ago

Looking forward to the review guys. Zach is taking me back with that outfit.

#2377 5 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Looking forward to the review guys. Zach is taking me back with that outfit.

Love the socks. Well played!

#2378 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Oh I thought about that but realized that all machines will be different, thus tried to standardize it with other stern unboxings in the future.

#2379 5 years ago

Woohoo, what a great start to a holiday weekend!

#2380 5 years ago

Zach, I feel like you really went cheap on the head band.

#2381 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Zach, I feel like you really went cheap on the head band.

Only one I could find around the house, daughter’s headband for cheer I think idk haha

#2382 5 years ago

what a great idea guys - I've never seen this before in my entire life. People usually try to cherish the experience of unboxing and there zach is literally throwing around those brand new legs.....clanking hitting each other it was almost painful to watch that BUT the bit paid off b/c what a great bit it was - constantly moving the bar guys. You can show this to anyone and they would be like w....t....f which is a win either way.

Pin looks absolutely fantastic - I've seen and played this game in person and was really impressed with the looks of it. Cannot stand those pinstripes created by the pinstadiums - that would absolutely drive me insane and this is from someone who is on his 3rd pinstadiums. Scott just mailed out my blue set for white water but that pinstriping/zebra look would be the first thing I try to resolve if I'm Scott (maybe orion belt is the answer).

Either way - awesome video. Can't wait to hear what you think about the game. I hate the call outs but the game seemed to shoot really well. PF looked very busy in pics but absolutely pops in person. Cab is awesome too.

#2383 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what a great idea guys - I've never seen this before in my entire life. People usually try to cherish the experience of unboxing and there zach is literally throwing around those brand new legs.....clanking hitting each other it was almost painful to watch that BUT the bit paid off b/c what a great bit it was - constantly moving the bar guys. You can show this to anyone and they would be like w....t....f which is a win either way.
Pin looks absolutely fantastic - I've seen and played this game in person and was really impressed with the looks of it. Cannot stand those pinstripes created by the pinstadiums - that would absolutely drive me insane and this is from someone who is on his 3rd pinstadiums. Scott just mailed out my blue set for white water but that pinstriping/zebra look would be the first thing I try to resolve if I'm Scott (maybe orion belt is the answer).
Either way - awesome video. Can't wait to hear what you think about the game. I hate the call outs but the game seemed to shoot really well. PF looked very busy in pics but absolutely pops in person. Cab is awesome too.

Agree - don't get how anyone can cope with the zebra stripes!

Otherwise nice game

#2384 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh Yeah! Checkout the Speed Run I did on unboxing Deadpool Pro pinball machine. How fast could you unbox a pinball machine?

Lol, that's awesome! Excellent form and very precise box cutting, saved a lot of time there. The critical moment of lifting the game to put the back legs on was also on point, lol.

The game looks great, looking forward to hearing more about it.

#2385 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol, that's awesome! Excellent form and very precise box cutting, saved a lot of time there. The critical moment of lifting the game to put the back legs on was also on point, lol.
The game looks great, looking forward to hearing more about it.

Thanks guys we thought it may be something different and fun to offer everyone. Plus, I wanted to see how fast I could really do it haha

#2386 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks guys we thought it may be something different and fun to offer everyone. Plus, I wanted to see how fast I could really do it haha

Zach this could be one of the best videos you've done. I don't think it's ever been done before. Brilliant

#2387 5 years ago

Absolutely a first and kick ass as usual video. That’s how you get your Boom on! Funny as I suspect minutes later he probably had to pack it up again to move it back to the game room. SDTM is willing to make any effort to entertain its viewers. Lol.

#2388 5 years ago

That's freaking hilarious Zach!

That right hand wrench action is what its all about baby.

Need a strong crank to get good time.

Dude, the job wasn't finished, pull the glass, extract the rest of the BS and get us a good start! Did you peter out or what?

Is Will Ferrell your brother?

#2389 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Absolutely a first and kick ass as usual video. That’s how you get your Boom on! Funny as I suspect minutes later he probably had to pack it up again to move it back to the game room. SDTM is willing to make any effort to entertain its viewers. Lol.

Haha so true

Quoted from iceman44:

Especially on those sterns man you have to unscrew the whole thing usually

#2390 5 years ago

Only the whitest of white boys use the term “booty cutters”

#2391 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Need a strong crank to get good time.
Dude, the job wasn't finished, pull the glass, extract the rest of the BS and get us a good start! Did you peter out or what?
Is Will Ferrell your brother?

Those who are truly Team Zach would put the video on half speed.

#2392 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Only the whitest of white boys use the term “booty cutters”

When is Team Greg getting a nib? Inquiring SDTM fans want to know. You are smart enough to know you gotta stretch and warmup beforehand. Also won't quit before reaching the finish line.

#2393 5 years ago

Did you have socks stuffed in your shoes. Those looked like size 12 or made for a clown. I see you wore a lot of yellow mustard strips in your outfit, made me pause video to fix hot dogs W/mustard.
I'm thinking like delt31 about the legs. Use a movers blanket next time before you body slam them. BOOM
Enjoyed, looking for the review next. I'm just talking about pinball babe. Boom

#2394 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

When is Team Greg getting a nib? Inquiring SDTM fans want to know. You are smart enough to know you gotta stretch and warmup beforehand. Also won't quit before reaching the finish line.

Soon!!!! I’m holding out to see if that Munsters happens!

#2395 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Shit I’d love to see Greg try to defeat my speed run unbox time. I’ll even give him a 30 second handicap.

#2396 5 years ago

Great video Zach, you reminded me of a late night infomercial. Nice outfit, will all future SDTM shirts be available sleeveless?

#2397 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Shit I’d love to see Greg try to defeat my speed run unbox time. I’ll even give him a 30 second handicap.

If he gets a Munsters, film it at 1/2x speed and add music afterward to play normal speed. The superimposed clock will keep accurate time.

#2398 5 years ago

Got to play Deadpool tonight. Love the shots. Back to back unique games with this and Maiden. The lock sword shot is tough but so satisfying when you hit it right. And you have to hit it just right.

Even though I didn’t get too much into it, really liked how it was setup. Can’t wait to play some more.

#2399 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Only one I could find around the house, daughter’s headband for cheer I think idk haha

Eh, it's a good look. You pulled it off.

#2400 5 years ago

Another great unbiased video.,but if you're really serious about a record breaking time use a cordless drill.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.