bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 125.
#4651 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Great unboxing! Made me want to get one.

I unfortunately am now holding off on my premium order. Playfield issues strikes again. Not trying to over exaggerate either.

#4652 4 years ago

My wife and I loved it! Thanks for the good work guys. I'll try and get a video to you tomorrow also.

#4653 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Straight Down The Middle: a pinball show is approaching Episode 100 in the next couple of weeks! We wanted to reach out to say thank you for the support over the last couple of years. We also are trying to pull together some special content for Episode 100 and we need YOUR help.
It would mean the world to us if you’d be willing to send a quick selfie video message for us to air on Episode 100. The video can be a congrats, a roast-like message (we are tough and dish it out, so it’s time we take it now haha), a favorite moment, a favorite saying, or anything you’ve enjoyed or even disliked over the previous 99 episodes.
SDTM: a pinball show not only has provided a fun and lighthearted weekly show, but we have created manufacturer exclusive reveals/promos, how-to videos, TWIPY Award Show Production and Hosting, etc. We continue to strive to provide this industry with entertaining content to KEEP PINBALL ALIVE AND FUN!
Again, just taking a couple of seconds real quick to film a selfie video showing support for our centennial, would be a gift we would never forget.
Video deadline: August 26
You can email your video message to: [email protected]
Or if too large,
- Drop Box to: [email protected]
- wetransfer.com and send to email [email protected]
- Facebook Messenger
HUGE Thank You for helping and supporting our efforts! Sending a little SDTM love your way!
- Zach Meny & Greg Bone

Sounds rad! I have a fun idea for one I'll make this evening

#4654 4 years ago

#4655 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Even my wife watched this one ...

My wife was not as impressed as I was.

I even said "Look how handsome Greg is!" as a form of enticement! Wtf...

#4656 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Wait, Greg's handsomeness isn't the main reason for everyone to tune in? I didn't even realize it was a show about pinball machines until halfway through season 2....

#4657 4 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Wait, Greg's handsomeness isn't the main reason for everyone to tune in? I didn't even realize it was a show about pinball machines until halfway through season 2....

New SDTM shirt

I just tune in for Greg's handsomeness

#4658 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

New SDTM shirt
I just tune in for Greg's handsomeness

buy.gifbuy.gif

#4659 4 years ago

Super fun vid...can really feel your enthusiasm. Well done!

#4660 4 years ago

Nice unboxing video. Glad you got your dream theme Greg. Your excitement was great to see. If STERN ever does Evil Dead, I am sure I would be the same way.

#4661 4 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Nice unboxing video. Glad you got your dream theme Greg. Your excitement was great to see. If STERN ever does Evil Dead, I am sure I would be the same way.

I've been scratching my head wondering what theme would make me go nuts like that and realized it's already been ruined. I got into pinball collecting after Ghostbusters was released and no matter how much I want to love the game and think it's beautiful, it's just not fun for me at all.

My next hopes are Gremlins (not going to happen) or Harry Potter.

#4662 4 years ago

Nice unboxing video for Greg's dream theme. Good job. You must have edited out the scene with Zach on the toilet...

#4663 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Ha ha thank you sir

Quoted from NoQuarters:

Nice unboxing video for Greg's dream theme. Good job. You must have edited out the scene with Zach on the toilet...

Zach wanted to do that scene sooooo bad!

#4664 4 years ago

Is it everything you expected Bone and then some?

#4665 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Ha ha thank you sir

Zach wanted to do that scene sooooo bad!

Porta a Potty in your yard would have impressed the neighbors - especially when the walls fell down and there is Zach dropping kids in the pool.

#4666 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Porta a Potty in your yard would have impressed the neighbors - especially when the walls fell down and there is Zach dropping kids in the pool.

#4667 4 years ago

Played a pro for about 20 games last night. I had no idea what I was doing, but it was a blast! Zero complaints so far. The music is very immersive and their light shows get better and better with each game.

#4668 4 years ago

Played some more. Super spinner inlane to a juiced spinner. So sweet!

#4669 4 years ago

The game does shoot really well....

#4670 4 years ago

Quick video sent!
Last day to all you other last minute people like myself.

#4671 4 years ago

Plz all Team Greg:
Notice that the house on the opposite side to Greg's is for sale.

#4672 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Plz all Team Greg:
Notice that the house on the opposite side to Greg's is for sale.

Ha ha I could use a good pinhead across the street!

#4673 4 years ago

You better critique his collection before you go all in and get him in that house.

#4674 4 years ago

I hope it's you who sells this.

(Sorry we only sell to pinheads!)

Next we get Poochie the Dog as unwanted addendum on Straight down the middle.

#4675 4 years ago

Can you guys get together and play JP with some goofy stakes like that Bone-slap Houdini episode? That was a damn crowning achievement outing. Maybe the loser has to get some spitter dinosaur "goop" in the face? Or maybe do some pingolf type rules.

#4676 4 years ago

Zach - listening to the latest TWIP podcast and man - I just can't disagree with you more regarding this chipping BS. Accusing folks of being "dramatic" and to just play pinball and don't worry about the pf issues at Stern. Really Zach? I'm not even going to go down the obvious path of how interesting that is to come from a distributor - I'm just commenting on it as being one of the dumbest things you've said period.

People spending 5-9k on these games and then you have guests explain to you in pain staking detail that the owner is F'd - full blown fucked zach if that pf starts to chip. Your response - life is too short just play pinball? Wow really just irresponsible and prob the biggest head in your ass statement you've made thus far. I still can't believe you were so flippant about it - what the hell type of standard are we holding these guys to zach if that's the case? Just fucking dumb period.

Still like the podcast, still enjoy your thoughts but with the good comes bad. This was terrible zach. Not looking for a response - just had to mention this b/c it was really ridiculous.

btw - market trends is one of the best segments. Buy Buy Buy!

#4677 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Zach - listening to the latest TWIP podcast and man - I just can't disagree with you more regarding this chipping BS. Accusing folks of being "dramatic" and to just play pinball and don't worry about the pf issues at Stern. Really Zach? I'm not even going to go down the obvious path of how interesting that is to come from a distributor - I'm just commenting on it as being one of the dumbest things you've said period.
People spending 5-9k on these games and then you have guests explain to you in pain staking detail that the owner is F'd - full blown fucked zach if that pf starts to chip. Your response - life is too short just play pinball? Wow really just irresponsible and prob the biggest head in your ass statement you've made thus far. I still can't believe you were so flippant about it - what the hell type of standard are we holding these guys to zach if that's the case? Just fucking dumb period.
Still like the podcast, still enjoy your thoughts but with the good comes bad. This was terrible zach. Not looking for a response - just had to mention this b/c it was really ridiculous.

Well I guess whatever Zach says would be wrong. - If he'd say this is serious, he'd have to take back every game back that has these faults.

In my opinion:
There are some games that look horrible and I'd try to return if they were mine, but looking at most of these photos you have to zoom way in to even notice.
Wood is a natural building material and with this you have a lot more given tollerances and wood needs time to sit.
You can't speed up the process any way you want.

#4678 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well I guess whatever Zach says would be wrong. - If he'd say this is serious, he'd have to take back every game back that has these faults.
In my opinion:
There are some games that look horrible and I'd try to return if they were mine, but looking at most of these photos you have to zoom way in to even notice.
Wood is a natural building material and with this you have a lot more given tollerances and wood needs time to sit.
You can't speed up the process any way you want.

You do understand the issue is not what they look like now right? The issue is when that ripple begins, and it will, to crack....then what? As for taking back every game that has these faults.....you're right. He should work with Stern to right those folks no questions asked and hopefully that's happening. It's really very simple.

#4679 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You do understand the issue is not what they look like now right? The issue is when that ripple begins, and it will, to crack....then what?

You get a true to the Data East days Playfield!

Yeah I know what you mean but that still won't matter within a half millimeter of a Starpost hidden by some plastic (wich is some of the cases we are talking about here).

Still of course I get the fuzz, paying top Dollar for something like this.
When I had a new Pin on order and that ghosting issue floated around I shat my pants.
(Then again my GB had a tiny crack and it didn't bother me at all.)

Quoted from delt31:

As for taking back every game that has these faults.....you're right. He should work with Stern to right those folks no questions asked and hopefully that's happening. It's really very simple.

It's also simple to save the environment, loose weight, stop smoking, be nice to everybody and stop discrimination but sadly that's not how it works.

#4680 4 years ago

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It's also simple to save the environment, loose weight, stop smoking, be nice to everybody and stop discrimination but sadly that's not how it works.

Do we know eachother??

#4681 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Do we know eachother??

I don't know...

...but it actually is not impossible that I bought a pin from you (or the other way around) or that we met at DPO.

#4682 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You get a true to the Data East days Playfield!
Yeah I know what you mean but that still won't matter within a half millimeter of a Starpost hidden by some plastic (wich is some of the cases we are talking about here).
Still of course I get the fuzz, paying top Dollar for something like this.
When I had a new Pin on order and that ghosting issue floated around I shat my pants.
(Then again my GB had a tiny crack and it didn't bother me at all.)

funny b/c I have GB LE with two ghosting inserts and I never even notice them. IMO that was totally overrated but I wouldn't tell folks to ignore it and buy more NIB. This is actually going to lead to cracking in the PF which is way more serious!

I'm in for a premium but I'm not touching NIB right now. If you value money I would suggest everyone reading this thread to do the same. It also shows stern and JJP were not going to be mindless zombies and buy games with obvious defects.

#4683 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

funny b/c I have GB LE with two ghosting inserts and I never even notice them. IMO that was totally overrated but I wouldn't tell folks to ignore it and buy more NIB. This is actually going to lead to cracking in the PF which is way more serious!
I'm in for a premium but I'm not touching NIB right now. If you value money I would suggest everyone reading this thread to do the same. It also shows stern were not going to be mindless zombies and buy games with obvious defects.

I agree of course.

But I propably have too add that you usually can't buy "NIB" here. If the games arrive here each one gets unpacked and checked again. So the game is new but you don't buy sight unseen. And if the first issues/ service bulletins pop up the retailer will fix/ do them for you. In addition the playfield has an additional month to cure while it's in the shipping container.
So "I guess" we might have less problems locally because of that?

#4684 4 years ago

Jurassic Park is amazing. If I was ready to buy today I would.

#4685 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Appreciate the feedback.

It is a defect. It is a problem. Anyone has the right to be concerned and upset. We will continue to bend over backwards to support Flip N Out customers. We will let our customer feedback speak for itself. We put our level of support up against any other distributor.

But, I will continue to voice my own thoughts and feelings, as a pinball enthusiast. I have blistering on my Wonka LE. I have blistering on my POTC LE. I have blistering on my Jurassic Park Pro. I have ghosting on my Circus Voltaire. Do I like it? Not really. Would it prevent me, personally, from buying them all over again? No, I’m having a blast.

#4686 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm just commenting on it as being one of the dumbest things you've said period.

you’ve obviously never watched SDTM

Zach i couldn’t agree with u anymore. we buy these games because they are so great so we won’t want to sell them and we don’t care if the value goes down a little because of a little pooling. it doesn’t affect gameplay. just play your fucking pinball!

MJR

#4691 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

one of the dumbest things you've said period.

Hey Zach im thinking that you need to dress up as Chumlee for this years Halloween special, that would be awesome!

On a serious note, what are you doing to your games that are chipping to prevent them from getting worse? Anything at all or are you just going to let them chip away?

#4692 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey Zach im thinking that you need to dress up as Chumlee for this years Halloween special, that would be awesome!
On a serious note, what are you doing to your games that are chipping to prevent them from getting worse? Anything at all or are you just going to let them chip away?

Why chumlee?

Haven’t decided on mine that are bubbling yet. I’ve been playing potc for close to a year now without doing anything. I may get ambitious one day and heat them up to see if they stay down idk.

#4693 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Why chumlee?
Haven’t decided on mine that are bubbling yet. I’ve been playing potc for close to a year now without doing anything. I may get ambitious one day and heat them up to see if they stay down idk.

Well delt said that was the dumbest thing that you have ever said so i thought maybe you should dress up as a dummy for halloween and Chumlee came to mind for some reason lol. Some people are using neoprene washers also and i think that idea is worth looking into as well rather than just putting a regular metal washer over the bad areas. If its not chipping though it may be best to just not mess with it at all. Kind of one of those if it aint broke don't fix it things ya know?

I am pretty particular with my pins and pretty much anything else that i own so playfield defects bother me. The pooling wouldn’t bother me if i knew that it wouldn’t chip, but my IMDN is doing just that so i am pretty bummed about it and i want Stern to take care of it because it is a manufacturers defect and it’s not something that i should have to look at or deal with. I still love ya though Zach, i don’t care what delt says about you.

#4694 4 years ago

Are Greg and Zach selling any sdtm or flipnout hats ?

#4695 4 years ago
Quoted from alpo3744:

Are Greg and Zach selling any sdtm or flipnout hats ?

Wow, that was random.

Somebody PM me when their line of underwear comes out.

#4696 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Wow, that was random.
Somebody PM me when their line of underwear comes out.

Ewwwwww..........

#4697 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ewwwwww..........

Yeah, like you wouldn’t want to sit on a picture of Greg’s face...? Come on man, let’s be serious.

#4698 4 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

you’ve obviously never watched SDTM
Zach i couldn’t agree with u anymore. we buy these games because they are so great so we won’t want to sell them and we don’t care if the value goes down a little because of a little pooling. it doesn’t affect gameplay. just play your fucking pinball!
MJR

But eventually we do sell them and the value goes down a lot not a little. There are plenty of Huo games to choose from. Noone is going to buy a game with chipped playfield with bad clear or rippling wood when they can buy one without those problems. Fixing the problem means a playfield swap $1000 and a new playfield $500. So you’re looking at a huge loss when you try to sell your messed up game. My Woz had these issues and I had to finally sell it for about $1000 less than the going rate.
There is no way I would even touch one of these defective games unless I got at least a $1000 discount and probably not even then.

#4699 4 years ago

Star Wars: The Pin
Unboxing, Setup, & Gameplay

#4700 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Star Wars: The Pin
Unboxing, Setup, & Gameplay

Forgot to update the thread title.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.