bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 125.
#2551 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Yeah and something pro machine has that you don’t get on prem/LE, deadpool swinging in a hammock

LE Goodie Bag. Hammock included.

20180915_150034 (resized).jpg20180915_150034 (resized).jpg
#2552 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

ABM is a tried and true pinball strategy. One of my Granny Slutpuppy’s favorite sayings was, “Always by Mylaring”. She also used to swear by another one “Protect the shooter lane before the balls come out”. Dear old German lady that she was, I remember her whispering into Grandpa’s ear, “come here big boy, I wanna vuk you all night long.”
[quoted image]

I think I love your Grandma Slut Puppy

#2553 5 years ago

Just played Deadpool and lots of other great pins at Flippers in Outer Banks, NC. They have an amazing selection of pins. I really enjoyed Deadpool, I think it will do well on location

5324454F-6AB1-49A5-9A5F-A08F3936CBFD (resized).jpeg5324454F-6AB1-49A5-9A5F-A08F3936CBFD (resized).jpegA48A96A1-E269-4FFA-970F-181EA6DED4C1 (resized).jpegA48A96A1-E269-4FFA-970F-181EA6DED4C1 (resized).jpeg
#2554 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Just played Deadpool and lots of other great pins at Flippers in Outer Banks, NC. They have an amazing selection of pins. I really enjoyed Deadpool, I think it will do well on location
[quoted image][quoted image]

My buddy Schmitty said that place is legit

#2555 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Flipper's is where we stop on our way to OBX and then again when we leave. Yes great collection about 65 pins. They have a tournament coming up in November. Coz If you would have sold me your Hobbit you Could have played it from time to time. I was slow to contact you. Lol

#2556 5 years ago

Dear ZMeny
can you inform us wether Greg's teeth are real? Not sure if it has been asked before
Cheers in advanced

#2557 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Dear ZMeny
can you inform us wether Greg's teeth are real? Not sure if it has been asked before
Cheers in advanced

To my knowledge they are real haha. I’ll keep you updated on #TeethGate

#2558 5 years ago

Woohoo another terrific shirt design by the Pinball Artist Extraordinaire Christopher Franchi!!!

Buy yours now by sending $30 via PayPal to [email protected]. Include Name, Size, and Address.

Thanks for the support everyone!

E159C712-3500-4074-9D3C-46985AD08093 (resized).jpegE159C712-3500-4074-9D3C-46985AD08093 (resized).jpeg
#2559 5 years ago
8E0BEB72-358F-450A-AC72-F1647BBF0823 (resized).png8E0BEB72-358F-450A-AC72-F1647BBF0823 (resized).png
#2560 5 years ago

All I see when I look at that shirt is Greg and Ronald Reagan for some reason. Cool design, the paid for by pinstadium is my favorite part.

#2561 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

All I see when I look at that shirt is Greg and Ronald Reagan for some reason. Cool design, the paid for by pinstadium is my favorite part.

Greg in general looks like Reagan haha

#2562 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I think he was saying you were Reagan .... maybe in that shirt it is Greg and Ronald

#2563 5 years ago

For what it’s worth I think the caricatures are pretty good

#2564 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Read his post again, Ronald.

#2565 5 years ago

Great review guys, as always....

After playing DP Pro again at the launch party with .84 code the following 3 thoughts came to mind:

1) Disjointed - Someone else posted about theme integration, agree wholeheartedly. The DP Pro has it's moments, but it's disjointed across the board.

2) .84 code was a nice improvement. I walked away from the initial release code with credits left on the machine....don't do that often.

3) Gameplay on a Premium/LE with 3 banks of drop targets and the right outlane/orbit mechanism may very well take this pin to another level.

I do however have some hope for this pin, more than I had for GOTG and BM66 for the longest time. Both are now excellent pins, where code overcame a lot of the shortcomings, with BM66 *still* not finished!!

#2566 5 years ago

Is there any talk of a video mode for Deadpool. It was one thing I find very odd about the graphic style choice. It seems perfect for a video mode, I keep hearing about how they have an entire fighting engine but have yet to see it. So far we just have a few sprites of animation, they don't seem to have any interaction with each other or the user of any kind.

#2567 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Read his post again, Ronald.

Ahhhhhh ok. I think the Bone resembles Reagon more, but that’s fair.

DD5755CC-1900-4352-B6AB-69B20948F212 (resized).jpegDD5755CC-1900-4352-B6AB-69B20948F212 (resized).jpeg
#2568 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ahhhhhh ok. I think the Bone resembles Reagon more, but that’s fair.[quoted image]

There's worse things then having a character of yourself that mildly resembles an actor/president.

#2569 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ahhhhhh ok. I think the Bone resembles Reagon more, but that’s fair.[quoted image]

That’s not an apples to apples comparison. RR was nicely made up for that pic. It is not well known but Greg could probably verify this, Zach wears a lot of makeup for filming. He overdoes it. Grecian hair formula, extra heavy powder, eye liner, lip gloss - he even plucks his excess facial hair. Here’s a pic of Zach from this morning, before he had a chance to clean up. And yep, Zach has a nice smile, just like Uncle Ronny did

0826F7BD-248A-4BFD-9BBB-A3220FB42642 (resized).jpeg0826F7BD-248A-4BFD-9BBB-A3220FB42642 (resized).jpeg

#2570 5 years ago

Nothing wrong with looking like RR, he was a great guy and a **edited*** President!

#2571 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Is there any talk of a video mode for Deadpool. It was one thing I find very odd about the graphic style choice. It seems perfect for a video mode, I keep hearing about how they have an entire fighting engine but have yet to see it. So far we just have a few sprites of animation, they don't seem to have any interaction with each other or the user of any kind.

It should have a virtual pinball video mode. Inception.

#2572 5 years ago

Happiest of Birthdays to one of SDTM’s favorite people, Christopher Franchi!

619AFF4B-0A78-405E-BED0-3DA22A2E4769 (resized).jpeg619AFF4B-0A78-405E-BED0-3DA22A2E4769 (resized).jpeg
#2573 5 years ago

Can't wait for a in depth review of The Munsters! I bet Greg gives it all A pluses! The Munsters is going to blow people away, mark my words!

The Deadpool review seems fair, the game is just kind of meh seems like. Nothing new, nothing exciting really, just ok.

#2574 5 years ago

That’s not an apples to apples comparison. RR was nicely made up for that pic. It is not well known but Greg could probably verify this, Zach wears a lot of makeup for filming. He overdoes it. Grecian hair formula, extra heavy powder, eye liner, lip gloss - he even plucks his excess facial hair. Here’s a pic of Zach from this morning, before he had a chance to clean up. And yep, Zach has a nice smile, just like Uncle Ronny did
[quoted image]

Are you sure that isnt Greg the morning after a good hard drunk? Ive been there a few (thousand ) times myself.

#2575 5 years ago

Hey Greg and Zach,

Have you guys thought about creating a Patreon for the show? You guys do an awesome job covering pinball and I'm sure all of the trips, equipment and any depreciation with buying / selling NIB pins for the show can get expensive. I don't think many people covering pinball could pull off a Patreon but I think you guys can as a lot of people enjoy the show and yours guys banter, lol.

For those that are not familiar with Pateron it's a way of supporting content creators on YouTube and other sites that otherwise would receive zero to little compensation. Paterons for creators typically have a $1, $3, $5, etc monthly pledge with different features being offered at the levels. Most creators offer their standard podcast / video for free but offer extra shows, videos, meetups, etc for monthly backers. Some content creators start a Patreon with a low pledge amount just as a way of supporting them. There's small Paterons pulling in $50 a month to sites with a full time staff pulling in $10k+ a month.

An example of a Pateron I'm supporting is Cloth Map which is creating video game documentaries. I would happily do the same for SDTM and toss a few bucks a month towards the show.

Just an idea

https://www.patreon.com

#2576 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hey Greg and Zach,
Have you guys thought about creating a Patreon for the show? You guys do an awesome job covering pinball and I'm sure all of the trips, equipment and any depreciation with buying / selling NIB pins for the show can get expensive. I don't think many people covering pinball could pull off a Patreon but I think you guys can as a lot of people enjoy the show and yours guys banter, lol.
For those that are not familiar with Pateron it's a way of supporting content creators on YouTube and other sites that otherwise would receive zero to little compensation. Paterons for creators typically have a $1, $3, $5, etc monthly pledge with different features being offered at the levels. Most creators offer their standard podcast / video for free but offer extra shows, videos, meetups, etc for monthly backers. Some content creators start a Patreon with a low pledge amount just as a way of supporting them. There's small Paterons pulling in $50 a month to sites with a full time staff pulling in $10k+ a month.
An example of a Pateron I'm supporting is Cloth Map which is creating video game documentaries. I would happily do the same for SDTM and toss a few bucks a month towards the show.
Just an idea
https://www.patreon.com

Man we are considering this. We started low budget with no need for support. Now that we spent hours traveling, producing, and editing, we seek support through shirt sales and private donations (PayPal [email protected]) and sponsorships. Everyone has been great and we hate asking for support, but as content becomes more costly and time-consuming, every bit helps. SDTM wants to give back to the community a regular, visual, informative, and most importantly, an entertaining pinball show.

We have thoughts about opening up Patreon and members receiving bonus videos, behind the scenes film, choosing new segments or topics or reviews, and/or being part of the Official SDTM team with recognition in our videos. We have hesitated because we are not sure how you all will respond to it and if it would be welcomed.

What’s everyone think?

Thank you Panzer, we always appreciate your support and continued efforts to grow pinball.

#2577 5 years ago

[quoted image]

If only you really knew....

#2578 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

If only you really knew....

makeup-gun (resized).jpgmakeup-gun (resized).jpg
#2579 5 years ago

My LE came in today. I'll get it set up tonight after work and see if it sucks as bad as Greg and Zach say. Stern has really stepped up the LE armor. The red sparkle looks killer.

20180918_132405 (resized).jpg20180918_132405 (resized).jpg

#2580 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Man we are considering this. We started low budget with no need for support. Now that we spent hours traveling, producing, and editing, we seek support through shirt sales and private donations (PayPal [email protected]) and sponsorships. Everyone has been great and we hate asking for support, but as content becomes more costly and time-consuming, every bit helps. SDTM wants to give back to the community a regular, visual, informative, and most importantly, an entertaining pinball show.
We have thoughts about opening up Patreon and members receiving bonus videos, behind the scenes film, choosing new segments or topics or reviews, and/or being part of the Official SDTM team with recognition in our videos. We have hesitated because we are not sure how you all will respond to it and if it would be welcomed.
What’s everyone think?
Thank you Panzer, we always appreciate your support and continued efforts to grow pinball.

This probably wont be popular but in my opinion the show and the reviews were better when you guys were just two guys from small town Indiana with no sponsors or ties to the owners of these pinball companies, that loved pinball and you had a show once in awhile and talked about pinball. You have created alot of work on yourselves with traveling and all of the editing and stuff and to me its just not needed or worth it.

When i watch your show i honestly dont care about Deadpool popping up on the screen and saying something funny or things like that. Im fine with just putting a camera in front of you and watching you talk about pinball without worrying about hurting anyones feelings. Give me the cold hard truth about a game, no Mr. Niceguy bullshit or beating around the bush.

I dont want to be rude or mean but it seems like you're too worried about being celebrities (cough cough Zach) or something. The show has gotten too mainstream. The show isnt going to make you rich or famous anyway so i say keep it simple and DEFINITELY keep it 100% bias free. Also as far as sponsors go, i dont wanna watch that bullshit, it just pisses me off more than anything because i have to fast forward through it. Thats why i watch everything on my DVR at home, so i don't have to watch all of the stupid commercials. Thats why i love Netflix, i dont even have to fast forward through any commercials on there.

Just give me a pinball show without all the horseshit and keep it simple. I don't care about all of the little funny out takes and cut scenes. You probably spend alot of time editing and making that stuff and its not needed to have a good pinball show. The show just doesn't need to be that professional because at the end of the day, all we really care about is a little pinball talk and truthful reviews. Keep the show simple and spend the rest of your time with your family or playing more pinball instead of doing all this editing and shit. Not being a dick, just some friendly advice from someone who is a straight shooter. You're losing sight of who you were in my opinion. Im probably gonna get trashed for this post but i don't care, it is what it is.

#2581 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The show isnt going to make you rich or famous anyway so i say keep it simple and DEFINITELY keep it 100% bias free. Also as far as sponsors go, i dont wanna watch that bullshit, it just pisses me off more than anything because ...

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For those that are not familiar with Pateron it's a way of supporting content creators on YouTube and other sites that otherwise would receive zero to little compensation. Paterons for creators typically have a $1, $3, $5, etc monthly pledge...

Quoted from ZMeny:

Man we are considering this. We started low budget with no need for support. Now that we spent hours traveling, producing, and editing, we seek support through shirt sales and private donations (PayPal [email protected]) ...

That's how show biz works Dey. When your fans are beggin you to take their monies what can you do but oblige; just ask Stern

#2582 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

My LE came in today. I'll get it set up tonight after work and see if it sucks as bad as Greg and Zach say. Stern has really stepped up the LE armor. The red sparkle looks killer.
[quoted image]

Love the cabinet art on that....congrats on your new game!

#2583 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's how show biz works Dey.

He ask what we think and i told him what i think. That doesn't make me right but its my opinion and i gave it to him. Also this ain't show biz, that was kind of the whole point of my post. This is just pinball.

#2584 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Also this ain't show biz, that was kind of the whole point of my post.

w (resized).jpgw (resized).jpg
#2585 5 years ago

I still love the show.

#2586 5 years ago

Bring on the goofiness. It’s what makes the show great. I just watch for the entertainment. I’m definitely entertained when I watch.

Keep it up gents.

#2587 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont want to be rude or mean but it seems like you're too worried about being celebrities (cough cough Zach) or something

Dream killer!

#2588 5 years ago

Lol i know man what can i say Gunnut. Shame on me for speaking whats on my mind and not being politically correct.

#2589 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This probably wont be popular but in my opinion the show and the reviews were better when you guys were just two guys from small town Indiana with no sponsors or ties to the owners of these pinball companies, that loved pinball and you had a show once in awhile and talked about pinball. You have created alot of work on yourselves with traveling and all of the editing and stuff and to me its just not needed or worth it.
When i watch your show i honestly dont care about Deadpool popping up on the screen and saying something funny or things like that. Im fine with just putting a camera in front of you and watching you talk about pinball without worrying about hurting anyones feelings. Give me the cold hard truth about a game, no Mr. Niceguy bullshit or beating around the bush.
I dont want to be rude or mean but it seems like you're too worried about being celebrities (cough cough Zach) or something. The show has gotten too mainstream. The show isnt going to make you rich or famous anyway so i say keep it simple and DEFINITELY keep it 100% bias free. Also as far as sponsors go, i dont wanna watch that bullshit, it just pisses me off more than anything because i have to fast forward through it. Thats why i watch everything on my DVR at home, so i don't have to watch all of the stupid commercials. Thats why i love Netflix, i dont even have to fast forward through any commercials on there.
Just give me a pinball show without all the horseshit and keep it simple. I don't care about all of the little funny out takes and cut scenes. You probably spend alot of time editing and making that stuff and its not needed to have a good pinball show. The show just doesn't need to be that professional because at the end of the day, all we really care about is a little pinball talk and truthful reviews. Keep the show simple and spend the rest of your time with your family or playing more pinball instead of doing all this editing and shit. Not being a dick, just some friendly advice from someone who is a straight shooter. You're losing sight of who you were in my opinion. Im probably gonna get trashed for this post but i don't care, it is what it is.

Every one is entitled to there opinion for sure. But I respectfully have to disagree.
I feel whole hartedly that if the show would have remained the way it was we wouldn’t have half the viewers. No one wants crappy quality video or sound. We got numerous complaints in the beginning about sound. So we worked on it, made it better and still working to make it better.
On the other hand the one complement we recieved from the beginning and continue to receive is we are entertaing. So we continue to try and bring that. Zach’s mail man watches almost every show and the guy doesn’t know the first thing about pins! My wife watches at work some times with her co workers! The entertainment aspect brings in people and helps make the hobby fun and continue to grow. There are plenty of podcast just talking Pinball. We want a Visually entertaining show. We want people who are not familiar with a certain pin to see it, feel like they know the the pin without even touching it. While at the same time having a good laugh and making their shit day better!
Our sponsors make this possible. Without them it wouldn’t be possible to grow. We don’t get subscribers or bits because we’re not on Twitch much! (Thank you chuck wert for all your streaming) So our main source of any revenue is sponsors and shirts. There is not a form of media any where that you won’t find advertising in. It’s not in either of us to stay stagnant. We will always try to evolve and be the best show we can be!

#2590 5 years ago

Hey Zach/Greg has anyone noticed the missing " on ..Gomez for Life"..must be the cheap pro model and have to get the LE ti get the second "

#2591 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

What’s everyone think?

I enjoy the shows and I contributed money direct through PayPal last week. I have heard of the Patreon account but most people would have to create one. It would allow you to have a monthly budget but with that type of commitment you’d be held to a higher standard. Good luck and people should contribute if they enjoy!

#2592 5 years ago
Quoted from TiltingT:

Hey Zach/Greg has anyone noticed the missing " on ..Gomez for Life"..must be the cheap pro model and have to get the LE ti get the second "

Ha ha yes sir! It is corrected at the printer! Thank you though for looking out!!!!!

Quoted from TheGunnett:

I enjoy the shows and I contributed money direct through PayPal last week. I have heard of the Patreon account but most people would have to create one. It would allow you to have a monthly budget but with that type of commitment you’d be held to a higher standard. Good luck and people should contribute if they enjoy!

Thank you!!!! And we have a gift coming your way! We never want something for nothing!!!

#2593 5 years ago

You guys do a great job on the show. Keep it going!

#2594 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just in honor of the stupidity of this post, I placed an order for the new T-shirt. Greg and Zach keep up the great work!

#2595 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Ha ha yes sir! It is corrected at the printer! Thank you though for looking out!!!!!

Thank you!!!! And we have a gift coming your way! We never want something for nothing!!!

I don’t want anything but I have to get my own PayPal account. My wife asked why I sent some guy named Bone money and he’s thanking us! The truth was more embarrassing, it’s for those guys with the Pinball Show.

#2596 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

What’s everyone think?

The Mod Couple is In on Patreon if you start it no question. Best investment to support talent no doubt.

#2597 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I don’t want anything but I have to get my own PayPal account. My wife asked why I sent some guy named Bone money and he’s thanking us! The truth was more embarrassing, it’s for those guys with the Pinball Show.

Ha ha the women will never understand!

Quoted from Yelobird:

The Mod Couple is In on Patreon if you start it no question. Best investment to support talent no doubt.

We love you guys and thank you for all you do!!!

#2598 5 years ago

Yes, keep everything the way it is. Pinball entertainment is it's own thing. If you want cold bland facts just read Pinside. People watch the show or listen to a Podcast to be entertained. I can't believe people get bent out of shape by sponsors. It's really easy to skip right past it. Heck, I ordered my Houdini from Flip N' Out Pinball and let him know that it was because he supported my favorite Youtube show. Zach is my favorite pinball celebrity and Greg isn't too bad either

#2599 5 years ago

Speaking of wifes watching the show, might be time to do run of girls Ts. Especially the latest with you two tall drinks of water on display.

#2600 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Ha, you got boned! I think the patreon model works with one small exception - no manufacturers allowed. When a Pinball manufacturer sponsors someone, it creates a conflict and can cause people concern that you won’t be unbiased in your reviews. Most suppliers are fine to have as sponsors and shouldn’t cause any problems.

However the decision to take the patreon direction should be thoroughly considered. If you are going to be collecting a few hundred bucks a month, it might be better to decline it. It is amazing how much ownership people feel every time they give you a few bucks. They can become “invested” and will want to share their strong opinions. Those type headaches can be avoided by keeping things independent.

Alternative ways to raise funds, you can accept sponsors, sell merchandise or use gofundme to collect money for buying equipment. You need some cameras and a frame for streaming - time for a gofundme. I am still waiting for you to add some head to head video play to your reviews.

You might say I prefer my pinball podcasts to be full of all the bullshit and niceties, whichever way you decide to go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.