bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 125.
#5351 3 years ago

I had two Data East pins back in the day. SW and JP. I did miss out on a LW3 and certainly deserves to be on your list boys imo.

#5352 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

TOP 10 MOST UNDERRATED PINBALL MACHINES
New SDTM Episode 120

Good job boys! Makes me think more now on those sleepers. Lost World... Silly me, No I mean LW3 and Wonka. Sorry Greg!

#5353 3 years ago

Just watched the top 10 underrated pins, nice job guys very entertaining.
I just traded for a LW3 and I would agree with you guys. It’s a great game, great layout, fun rules, a lot more going on then people think. Getting into multiball and loading up the Uzi trying to fire the gun with 3 balls flying around, risk reward of going for a jackpot, double jackpot or quadruple jackpot, getting to super stunt spectacular, etc. I love that everything stacks, you can have super spinner lit, getaway lit and your uzi ready to load, just need the number 2 saucer to complete another stunt and you hit the saucer feed the left inlane to start getaway and hit that and super spinners and your uzi is firing, it’s just like Greg said Chaotic! But fun!
Tonight I was playing all my games and I was having almost as much fun playing LW3 as I was my Stern Jurassic Park. JP is the greatest game ever made so it can’t be AS fun, but for around 2k you can’t beat it!

#5354 3 years ago

ZMeny
wait , what no Gilligan's Island. Cmon man.
Love Gilligan

#5355 3 years ago

Genesis, Who Dunnit, Breakshot, Alien Poker, Torpedo Alley. All ugly, but fun.

I didn't know that The Beatles was underrated until I saw it's #82 ranking. That's downright stupid. Everything about that game screams fun, except the price.

#5356 3 years ago
Quoted from beeker3000:

Genesis, Who Dunnit, Breakshot, Alien Poker, Torpedo Alley. All ugly, but fun.
I didn't know that The Beatles was underrated until I saw it's #82 ranking. That's downright stupid. Everything about that game screams fun, except the price.

Meh. Price doesn't help, but the software is underwhelming. I just can't get over the stills scrolling by from well-known beatles events when black and white video of the same event is widely available and would be much better. I could see having one for a while at $5k or less, and they're almost there for the golds, so...

#5357 3 years ago

I clicked on this thread after seeing the video and was like hmm 108 pages of underrated pins. I went back 10 pages and realized this is the STDM club thread. I just discovered the YouTube channel earlier this year and really like the high quality videos you put out. It's serously good for so few views a channel gets on YouTube, so I appreciate it more.

Getting back to chat about current video. I love underated chats/threads, etc. This is how I know what to buy for less money, but it's double edged because this also exposes good games. BTW, never heard of Sega Godzilla before this video. It looks amazing.

Hey, Bone, I'm rockn' a Baywatch at home. Looking forward to my next Sega/DE.

#5358 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I clicked on this thread after seeing the video and was like hmm 108 pages of underrated pins. I went back 10 pages and realized this is the STDM club thread. I just discovered the YouTube channel earlier this year and really like the high quality videos you put out. It's serously good for so few views a channel gets on YouTube, so I appreciate it more.
Getting back to chat about current video. I love underated chats/threads, etc. This is how I know what to buy for less money, but it's double edged because this also exposes good games. BTW, never heard of Sega Godzilla before this video. It looks amazing.
Hey, Bone, I'm rockn' a Baywatch at home. Looking forward to my next Sega/DE.

Hey Ryan glad you stopped by the thread. Everyone here is all about discussing content from the sdtm videos. Some of them give us (me) a hard time, some of them agree, but we all love pinball.

#5359 3 years ago

Finally ColorDMD for the Lost World, want a review on the color work.

#5360 3 years ago

I never cared for Stranger Things pin as the center shots and monster shots don’t thrill me and seem to be an inordinate amount of the game although I might not be playing correctly. However if that’s the case, I still fault it because if I’m not playing correctly the game should let me know that or have other fun/interesting areas of play.

I’d rather replace Stranger Things with RBION.

#5361 3 years ago

NEW SDTM!

Led Zeppelin Pinball First Look & Gameplay (Pro Model, Stern Pinball)

#5362 3 years ago

Still holding out hope, but those call outs are pretty fucking rough

#5363 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Still holding out hope, but those call outs are pretty fucking rough

Ya, wouldn't be hard to change to female voice at least

#5364 3 years ago

The music is good!

#5365 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The music is good!

has anyone mentioned no Stairway yet??

oh wait.. everyone? OK

#5366 3 years ago

It looks excellent! The third flipper shot comes back a lot faster than I expected. Shots, combos, flow and great music!

#5367 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

has anyone mentioned so Stairway yet??
oh wait.. everyone? OK

You just did?

#5368 3 years ago

Looks like a good game for a casual player at a bar.

#5369 3 years ago

huh.

#5370 3 years ago

Third flipper on pro is as useful as a third belly button. Two is just fine.

#5371 3 years ago

Looks like a pinball machine that plays Led Zeppelin music to me

I still wish they used Austin Powers if they we going to do a fake brit voice.

#5372 3 years ago

OK, the ramps shots look all very smooth & fun and I like that the two left ones can be hit from either flipper.
But I don't really dig the music, callouts and what's going on the display.

#5373 3 years ago

take too long 'fore I found out
what people mean by down and out

I don't know but I've been told
"this big-legged pin ain't got no soul"

so: ramp, ramp, ramp, missed shot into the drops, maybe a loop / spinner then back to ramps?
Was really hoping for the best - nothing but disappointment.

#5374 3 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

...what's going on the display.

Rough as well

#5375 3 years ago

has anyone mentioned no Stairway yet??
oh wait.. everyone? OK

Can you say wizard mode

#5376 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can you say wizard mode

Did someone confirm that? I didnt see anything on the pin that referenced it.

Be odd to me to have the wizard mode music be something that will put you to sleep until the end.

#5377 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can you say wizard mode

Dream on!

#5378 3 years ago

No, that's in aerosmith

#5379 3 years ago

Did someone confirm that? I didnt see anything on the pin that referenced it.
Be odd to me to have the wizard mode music be something that will put you to sleep until the end.

Tim must have said 5 times something special and exciting happens, I think it’s a song. If not stairway maybe dazed and confused with light show.

What is significance of the? And from led zep 1.

And top of the charts?

Those are interesting inserts and can’t help my brain running wild.

#5380 3 years ago

Looks like a nice shooter, but I'm worried about how satisfying the mode/song shots are. I usually like it when a pin's modes have strong integration, and I like to have fun things happen when I make lit mode shots. It seems like on LZ the song continues either way, whether you make shots or not, and the only benefit to making mode shots is scoring and progress towards a wizard mode. Sorta makes it feel like one long multiball mode, regardless of the number of actual pinballs on the table. I just didn't see a lot of satisfaction from actually making lit mode shots. Still, that's just my initial impression.

#5381 3 years ago

What does the action button do?Or is it not coded in yet? Haven't seen anyone hit or mention it

#5382 3 years ago

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm just not going to dig this game ever, am I? It looks like a fine shooter but as an actual game, it's too abstract. What am I supposed to be there for? What does making the shots actually accomplish? If you took the band trappings off the game, what would you have left? 'You're just not into the music' isn't an excuse, not when AC/DC had the band imagery and the songs BE the game, and you could know and like what it was doing even if the music wasn't to your taste.

Led Zeppelin is leaving me 'will this do' cold just like Stranger Things did, and for the same reasons - granted I don't know the show, but the game didn't CARE that I don't know the show and couldn't be arsed to tell me anything about it. This is not how you integrate a theme.

#5383 3 years ago

First glance, I see long skinny panels on the cab sides that seem to be covers. I'm thinking those side expression lights will be an add on available for pro owners to purchase. If this is already known, sorry. Haven't been keeping up with the LZ info.

#5384 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

First glance, I see long skinny panels on the cab sides that seem to be covers. I'm thinking those side expression lights will be an add on available for pro owners to purchase. If this is already known, sorry. Haven't been keeping up with the LZ info.

Are you sure?

#5385 3 years ago

Yes. He saw right. The lighting system will be an accessory for the pro.

#5386 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. He saw right. The lighting system will be an accessory for the pro.

Cool

#5387 3 years ago

Dear God, that has got to be just about the most uninspiring pinball action I could imagine for a major license by a legendary designer. Not even considering dropping quarters on location. Pumping change into a parking meter might be more gratifying.

#5388 3 years ago

When starting a multiball, it feels weird that the song in the background never changes. I guess that’s just a part of the design, but they totally could’ve put some rock riffs and rhythms together to make the multiballs stand out at least a little.

I also think it’s criminal they took out the side ramp on the pro and replaced it with a lousy target. So lame for 6k.

#5389 3 years ago

Sounds like R2D2 is doing call outs.

Edit : Actually it's C3PO - got my droids mixed up.

Anyway these are not the calls your looking for.

#5390 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Sounds like R2D2 is doing call outs.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH IM CRYING!!! You are right and now it's all I will ever be able to hear, thanks you dick.

#5391 3 years ago

No it’s Margaret Thatcher’s nephew.

#5392 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Tim must have said 5 times something special and exciting happens, I think it’s a song. If not stairway maybe dazed and confused with light show.
What is significance of the? And from led zep 1.
And top of the charts?
Those are interesting inserts and can’t help my brain running wild.

Id be surprised if they paid up for their biggest song only to leave it in a mode barely anyone would get to hear.

#5393 3 years ago

No, Del Preston is doing the call outs.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5394 3 years ago

Id be surprised if they paid up for their biggest song only to leave it in a mode barely anyone would get to hear.

No idea, what else can possibly happen?

#5395 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No idea, what else can possibly happen?

It’s a mode that doesn’t have Stairway in it? Haha

#5396 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s a mode that doesn’t have Stairway in it? Haha

I wasn’t being sarcastic in my question, based on what we see what else can happen with code etc...?

Tim clearly thinks it’s special whatever it is or he wouldn’t have said it 5 times, just brainstorming.

There are two mini wizards and a final wizard, can’t all be repeat of what you’ve done can it?

Edit - I’ll also add that if you play through 50 minutes of rockin music and attain platinum on all records just to Replay everything again would be lame.

#5397 3 years ago

I’ll believe more songs are in the game when I see it. I hope you’re right.

#5398 3 years ago

Stairway To Heaven is also eight minutes long. Longer than most full games of pinball last. And if you've got it, then MY GOD you're going to have to justify using ALL of it.

It's going to be ultra-wizard mode material carried over for the rest of the game afterwards, or else it's nothing.

#5399 3 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Stairway To Heaven is also eight minutes long. Longer than most full games of pinball last. And if you've got it, then MY GOD you're going to have to justify using ALL of it.
It's going to be ultra-wizard mode material carried over for the rest of the game afterwards, or else it's nothing.

Could be a clips of music or a medley of clips.

I’m also wondering wtf the lockdown button is for?

Jack hasn’t used it once all night. It’s not there for shits and giggles.

#5400 3 years ago

I’ve said it before about music pins with bands that have long epic songs.

Make it a wizard mode where the ball save lasts the whole song. Give the player an insane objective path that ups the difficulty to complete everything in that time.

I’m sure I’m not alone when I say the final wizard mode shouldn’t really have any chance of being over quickly. That would ruin the whole path of getting there and make it too frustrating.

Might be just me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.