bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 125.
#4701 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Forgot to update the thread title.

It’s not an SDTM video but figured some of you SDTM buddies may find it interesting.

#4702 4 years ago

According to the Stern website, the Star Wars home pin is actually wider than a normal pin. Is that accurate?

#4703 4 years ago

Nice vid, Zach. I think the SW Pin looks fantastic. It's priced a little higher than I'd like to see it, but the machine looks great and looks like it's a lot of fun to shoot. Love that spinner shot. Stern wisely dropped that old Pin design of not being able to lift the playfield. They did everything right here...except the price. Oh and what's with sharp glass edges? Getting cut by the glass is a little crazy no? Shouldn't that be something that isn't possible? As a pin owner, you have to handle that glass all the time.You'd think they would make sure it wasn't dangerous to the touch.

#4704 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Appreciate the feedback.
It is a defect. It is a problem. Anyone has the right to be concerned and upset. We will continue to bend over backwards to support Flip N Out customers. We will let our customer feedback speak for itself. We put our level of support up against any other distributor.
But, I will continue to voice my own thoughts and feelings, as a pinball enthusiast. I have blistering on my Wonka LE. I have blistering on my POTC LE. I have blistering on my Jurassic Park Pro. I have ghosting on my Circus Voltaire. Do I like it? Not really. Would it prevent me, personally, from buying them all over again? No, I’m having a blast.

All very good points.....this whole pooling/chipping issue really just comes down to $....its not that the game play or fun factor changes. Its simply that a owner/collector realizes that they will most likely move on from the game, and doesn't feel like they should take such a big financial hit....these manufacturers have raised the prices so high that the consumers expectations have raised to a level that they expect the game to be perfect...is that fair? probably not as its pinball and shit happens, but its probably fair not to expect your play field to start chipping in the first few months of ownership....its an interesting dilemma

#4705 4 years ago

It really doesn't t have anything to do with monies for me. If the cost 3k less I wouldn't be OK with the goddamn PF chipping.

#4706 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

these manufacturers have raised the prices so high that the consumers expectations have raised to a level that they expect the game to be perfect...is that fair?

Its absolutely fair. A NIB game should absolutely arrive in perfect condition quality wise. The playfield also should not start falling apart anytime soon, especially on a HUO game. I want a Jurassic Park bad but i am no way a buyer right now. I don't know if i ever will be unless Stern makes an announcment that this issue has been resolved. Too much money for shitty playfield quality for me.

#4707 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

According to the Stern website, the Star Wars home pin is actually wider than a normal pin. Is that accurate?

Not to my knowledge. It is a couple inches shorter in depth but it’s not noticeable. It is shorter height wise which is noticeable. I do like the coin door without the mechs. Makes it a cleaner look. And that opto spinner is yummy. If I put one in my collection, I’d take out the outlane posts because it’s an easier shooter for pinball enthusiasts, but perfect for non-pinheads the way it is.

#4708 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

And that opto spinner is yummy.

They need to make that standard in new releases fo sho; great invention.

#4709 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They need to make that standard in new releases fo sho; great invention.

I agree, but for some reason our traditional spinner on Jurassic Park Pro is considerably juicier than most. That thing just spins forever. Anyone else notice that?

#4710 4 years ago

Funny I have heard that but I haven't noticed it with mine. I'll try to pay more attention next time I play.

#4711 4 years ago

I'm really intrigued by SW PIN technically. It somehow has more going then the pro but with less actual controlled mechs. It has this cool looking but easy to make apron, the metal ramp lights up (not like in BKPro), targets like the Tie Fighter (wich wiggles without a coil) flash and the target bank for the death star ramp even gives some sense of progression.

This thing has service rails even though it is not meant to be opened.

I seriously would own this thing over the Pro.

#4712 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

funny b/c I have GB LE with two ghosting inserts and I never even notice them. IMO that was totally overrated but I wouldn't tell folks to ignore it and buy more NIB. This is actually going to lead to cracking in the PF which is way more serious!
I'm in for a premium but I'm not touching NIB right now. If you value money I would suggest everyone reading this thread to do the same. It also shows stern and JJP were not going to be mindless zombies and buy games with obvious defects.

If you value money you wouldn't be wasting it on pinball in general.

#4713 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

If you value money you wouldn't be wasting it on pinball in general.

I would agree if you only buy NIB. Otherwise totally disagree based on experience. It's actually one of the rare hobbies that you can have your cake and eat it too.

#4714 4 years ago

I hear that lately there on issues with the frosting on the cake. Waiting on answers back from the bakery.

#4715 4 years ago

So when is the SDTM review video coming??

#4716 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

So when is the SDTM review video coming??

Indeed, we're due an STDM!

Also, you don't have to air that video I made you, it was early in the morning and probably a mistake. XD

2 weeks later
#4717 4 years ago

Hey Guys we are going into withdrawls with no SDTM content I know it's time consuming and keeping things balanced with work, wives and kids is crazy but you guys need to help us depraved pinheads out and show us some LOVE

#4718 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hey Guys we are going into withdrawls with no SDTM content I know it's time consuming and keeping things balanced with work, wives and kids is crazy but you guys need to help us depraved pinheads out and show us some LOVE

"Wives"?!

I can barely manage one of 'em!!! XD

#4719 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

"Wives"?!
I can barely manage one of 'em!!! XD

Manage or being managed, it’s almost the same thing.

#4720 4 years ago

SDTM Episode 100

Celebrating SDTM Pinball’s Centennial with Special Guest Video Messages and Roasts

Some of you were a bit rough...whew

#4721 4 years ago

You all have come a long way. Congratulations keeping your long distance relationship going. Still remember you guys counting the subscribers in the 100's . But now your in the big time - I'd give the first 100 shows a "B". Nothing but Love to yah Fellas.

#4722 4 years ago

I hope that Nathan dude makes an appearance in the 100th show , he seems like a big fan!

#4723 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I hope that Nathan dude makes an appearance in the 100th show , he seems like a big fan!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

#4724 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

He doesn’t have time for their show. He is busy uncovering the conspiracy that Gary Stern is hoarding the world supply of copper so we can get into the Penny manufacturing business and Jersey Jack is partnering with Elon Musk to make a flying pinball machine. All facts all the time...

#4725 4 years ago

There were some pretty fun videos. Congratulations on the milestone!

#4726 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Seriously though congratulations on the milestone. You’ve made it , people care enough to be jealous of your success.

#4727 4 years ago

So many people wearing their SDTM shirt - except for me. Send it Greg, STD and all!

#4728 4 years ago

Congrats again on 100 episodes you guys!
I honestly thought my video had gotten cut due to time restraints, but at the very end, there it was lol.
Congrats again and thanks for providing the pinball community with so much awesome content to watch!

#4729 4 years ago

Congrats!! Can't wait to watch this now!!

#4730 4 years ago

Congrats on 100 episodes!!........hey where was my video?

#4731 4 years ago

A+ ASSS!!!! Love it

P.S. Can someone PM a pic of Gregs ass?
Thanks

#4732 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:Seriously though congratulations on the milestone. You’ve made it , people care enough to be jealous of your success.
Quoted from DennisK:

There were some pretty fun videos. Congratulations on the milestone!

Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Congrats again on 100 episodes you guys!
I honestly thought my video had gotten cut due to time restraints, but at the very end, there it was lol.
Congrats again and thanks for providing the pinball community with so much awesome content to watch!

Quoted from Cloud7:

Congrats!! Can't wait to watch this now!!

Quoted from Coz:

We very much appreciate it everyone! Thank you

#4733 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Shit I don’t think I got it then, sorry man

#4734 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

A+ ASSS!!!! Love it
P.S. Can someone PM a pic of Gregs ass?
Thanks

Pfft I’ll give him the looks since you all are blind, but my ass is top notch

#4735 4 years ago

Congratulations to you both!

#4736 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Shit I don’t think I got it then, sorry man

You left it at Greg's Mom.
He will have it ready for episode 200. Congratulations SDTM

#4737 4 years ago

From the cutting room floor:

"Greg is a proper actor, some people ask why haven't they seen him in a movie? Well, he is waiting for that role of a life time... ooops, I mean, he's waiting for literally ANY role on Lifetime... any... roll..."

#4738 4 years ago

Congrats again dudes. Can’t wait to party at Expo. See ya in a couple weeks.

#4739 4 years ago

Congrats.
Really enjoy your reviews.
The jurasic unboxing and what to do with a damage package was two outstanding episodes aswell.
Hardy is a nice addition.
The show is evolving in the right directions, even if i Do think zachs new ockupation hampers him abit.

#4740 4 years ago

Congratulations " creeps " on 100 episodes , great to see the King Tod Tuckey pass on his best . Greg you nailed the Aussie accent , no one over here would look twice , they would look once and ask is that guy having a stroke .
It was funny seeing Dennis K , I always pictured him as a chubby balding redhead guy with a beard - but there you go . Thanks for all the hard work ( Zack ) and many hours of entertainment and information . Looking forward to 100 more episodes

#4741 4 years ago

Congrats on the mile stone! Please keep it up, really enjoy the videos and banter.

#4742 4 years ago

Congrats at this milestone fellas!
Keep up the good work as the videos are enjoyable.

#101 - Back to business

#4743 4 years ago

Congratulations guys!

photodune-5735151-glowing-100-s (resized).jpgphotodune-5735151-glowing-100-s (resized).jpg
#4744 4 years ago

Thanks to staff, guests and fans - SDTM episode 100 - was funnier than the sum of previous 99 podcasts. Way to go everybody, while Greg and Zach need to Bone Up! and deliver big things over the balance of 2019. #TeamGreg

Strategies to ensure SDTM wins a TWIPPY in 2019:
Think like a car = boost engine output and increase performance by adding a little kriesel to your diesel.
Think like a tv executive = reduce malfeasance by switching off Dr Shill and tuning in to Dr Phil.
Think like a NPD patient = create an award category and nominate yourselves (already done)

#4745 4 years ago

46:28 Top of the world Ma !

LTG : )

#4746 4 years ago

I can't believe that I have watched 100 of these shows, which probably means I have spent more time watching SDTM than Seinfeld.

Things that make you go, hmm.

#4747 4 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

I can't believe that I have watched 100 of these shows, which probably means I have spent more time watching SDTM than Seinfeld.
Things that make you go, hmm.

Uh....ya just made my week!

#4748 4 years ago

I’d love, love, love to see another This or That episode! Thanks for the great entertainment guys!

#4749 4 years ago

What time are NathanN's well wishes? And are they only for Greg?

#4750 4 years ago

I'd like to see a revisit episode. Games that had poor code that has since improved.
-Ghostbusters (any day?)
-Game of Thrones
-Metallica (went from great to even better)
-Batman '66
-Deadpool (You know you want to change your rating Greg)
Also, since Zach catches all the shit in the world for reviewing current games, why not start hitting the kijiji ads? Let's see some reviews of 80s and 90s titles. I love a good solid state. Conflict avoided. Entertainment continues for another 100.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.00
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.