DSC_4700 (resized).JPG
DSC_4699 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240405_080331 (resized).jpg
_20240411_210104 (resized).JPG
DSC_4645 (resized).JPG
DSC_4642 (resized).JPG
DSC_4626 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 62.
#1001 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

As someone who has an unnatural obsession with Zelda, I'm probably going to pick up a copy of Zelda for both the switch AND the Wii U.
Down the road, one of them is bound to be collectable--just like the rare Twilight Princess for the GameCube.

Yeah, I have both (well now all 3) versions of Twilight Princess and same with this. I own every zelda game except the cdi stuff lol

#1002 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

As someone who has an unnatural obsession with Zelda, I'm probably going to pick up a copy of Zelda for both the switch AND the Wii U.
Down the road, one of them is bound to be collectable--just like the rare Twilight Princess for the GameCube.

and that's why I'm hoping to nab a sealed "brick" of wii u loz:botw's tomorrow as well

I sold a sealed case of wii TP CE's for $2800 a year ago and still have about 80 nintendo "bricks" which will be sold soon (and probably pay for a good portion of my next house

#1003 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

mmmm me too. It will be like TP on gcn, kinda rare and fun to own but not "needed" However my idea was to play the wiiu one until I was able to get a switch.

#1004 7 years ago

1. how is the HD TP on wiiu? Worth it? TP was the first Zelda game I've ever played...... I liked it.

2. who is getting the "guide/manual" for BOTW? I remember printing them offline or buying the big books to help with games when I was little. Had to have my mom print them off at work...with that fancy internet stuff.

#1005 7 years ago

I really wish the fire sale on WiiU software would happen soon! I really want to get that Tokyo Sessions game but I can't bear to pay $60 for it.

#1006 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

how is the HD TP on wiiu?

It's nearly identical to the version on the GameCube. Personally, I have all 3 (GCN, Wii, and Wii U), and I've preferred the HD remake just because it's convenient to play with wireless controllers on the big screen.

Hands down, the worst version is the Wii, just because the shoehorned motion controls kinda suck.

#1007 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I really wish the fire sale on WiiU software would happen soon!

Good luck! Nintendo software ALWAYS holds it's value.

#1008 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Good luck! Nintendo software ALWAYS holds it's value.

Yeah, I know.... it's amazing how well Mario Kart DS and Wii have held their value, along with a lot of the other first party Nintendo games. I'm holding out hope that because FE:TS is a third party title, there might be a chance of it going for cheap.

I wonder if Nintendo is going to let us transfer any WiiU purchases over to the Switch. It sure would be a nice gesture to those of us who went out and bought the sadly under appreciated WiiU!

#1009 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Hands down, the worst version is the Wii, just because the shoehorned motion controls kinda suck.

I really wished "waggle" would have been done better. I really like the idea of it... but using those controls never, ever work like they're supposed to.

#1010 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I wonder if Nintendo is going to let us transfer any WiiU purchases over to the Switch.

I'm guessing no, only because Nintendo has stated that it won't be downward compatible with other software. However, they are unifying their accounts, so that software will be linked to a user account and not the hardware, so I think moving forward, it'll be better.

Quoted from Cornelius:

but using those controls never, ever work like they're supposed to.

I agree. Literally no games ever made me go "Wow. This is the future of gaming." However, Skyward Sword's motion controls were done well--even though I hated the game for it.

#1011 7 years ago

in the back of my mind I hope getting Zelda on wii u will make me buy and play the few games I still want for the system.

honestly I haven't played my wii u since like October or even longer

#1012 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I really wish the fire sale on WiiU software would happen soon! I really want to get that Tokyo Sessions game but I can't bear to pay $60 for it.

damn people on /r/wiiu reddit keep finding fire sales on things like software and procontrollers at walmarts...Nope not my local walmart.

Quoted from mbaumle:

It's nearly identical to the version on the GameCube. Personally, I have all 3 (GCN, Wii, and Wii U), and I've preferred the HD remake just because it's convenient to play with wireless controllers on the big screen.

mmmm, i have it on wii. I have skyward sword as well but haven't played it yet. THe TP HD version looked great but I was meh about buying it again. I just started collecting GC and N64 as I never owned a N product until wii...yeah....games are easily $20-30 no problem. But the amount of time I put into the game is how I value my purchases

#1013 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

damn people on /r/wiiu reddit keep finding fire sales on things like software and procontrollers at walmarts...Nope not my local walmart.

Oooh I know where I'm going later!

#1014 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

there were two bombermans on 64, one is a lot better than the other. lets go to the retro gaming thread tho!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium

Okay, this is the place, then? Cool!

School me on this other Bomberman for the 64! Is it more traditional than the one I was talking about?

Xbox Live Arcade had a good 8P online version of Bomberman...

#1015 7 years ago

N64:
Bomberman
Bomberman The Second Attack!

Looking at game values...I say second attack is better? They want like $150 for the game!

#1016 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Okay, this is the place, then? Cool!
School me on this other Bomberman for the 64! Is it more traditional than the one I was talking about?
Xbox Live Arcade had a good 8P online version of Bomberman...

Thanks for coming over!

Quoted from northvibe:

N64:
Bomberman
Bomberman The Second Attack!
Looking at game values...I say second attack is better? They want like $150 for the game!

There is also Bomberman Hero.
Bomberman 64 is legit, I forgot about 2nd wave, foolish me.

Bomberman Hero is like an adventure game and lacks multiplayer, so def stick to 64 or 2nd attack.

#1017 7 years ago

Thanks for coming over!

There is also Bomberman Hero.
Bomberman 64 is legit, I forgot about 2nd wave, foolish me.
Bomberman Hero is like an adventure game and lacks multiplayer, so def stick to 64 or 2nd attack.

Ah, kinda hero kinda like star fox where it is an adventure game.

I have only played a little bit of bomberman on my ds or psp, nesc? I liked it. I'd totally snap up bomberman for switch... After Curling tonight I'm gonna see if walmart's line for the switch is too long... I'll wait a few hours for it

#1018 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ah, kinda hero kinda like star fox where it is an adventure game.
I have only played a little bit of bomberman on my ds or psp, nesc? I liked it. I'd totally snap up bomberman for switch... After Curling tonight I'm gonna see if walmart's line for the switch is too long... I'll wait a few hours for it

its an ok enough game I guess but bomberman is meant to be a party game in my opinion. That is why I got it on launch, Zelda to play by myself and bomberman for a day 1 multiplayer game. I dont think that 1-2Switch game looks worth it to me.

#1019 7 years ago

Bomberman is all about the multiplayer. Bomberman '94 on TG-16 with 5 player TurboTap is the best version IMHO but I hear Saturn version rocks as well.

#1020 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Bomberman is all about the multiplayer. Bomberman '94 on TG-16 with 5 player TurboTap is the best version IMHO but I hear Saturn version rocks as well.

Saturn was the greatest until the XBLA version - a real shame that doesn't get as much attention!

#1021 7 years ago

Ive spent the most time on Super Bomberman 2 on SNES with the multi-tap action, but Bomberman 64 is pretty fun for sure

Never had the xbla version as I dont have an xbox.

My one grip with the Switch version from the videos ive seen is the camera being weird and floating around the map, not staying fixed. seems like a dumb feature and you cant switch it to a fixed pov...

#1022 7 years ago

I remember the SNES version having slowdown, and other versions having weird things that messed up gameplay, but not seen anything newer than Saturn so not sure how the modern consoles did it.

#1023 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I remember the SNES version having slowdown, and other versions having weird things that messed up gameplay, but not seen anything newer than Saturn so not sure how the modern consoles did it.

I love the slowdown on some games on the snes lol. Like in Gradius III, on some of the levels when you have all your shit going and shooting a ton of bullets and there are a bunch of enemies on screen it slows down and you can dodge stuff way easier. If you die and lose all your power ups, at full speed its almost impossible to beat some levels haha

#1024 7 years ago

Haha yea, but to me that almost seemed like cheating Plus the slowdown would throw off your rythym when it came and went as the sprites were created and destroyed. Still not as bad as atari 2600 defender, where your ship became the shot and you were invulnerable as long as you kept shooting as fast as you could...

#1025 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The Genesis version gets lots of love at my place on game nights with the multi-tab. Great four player action for 16 bits.

#1026 7 years ago

My switch is updating..... can't wait. Stupid work tomorrow

#1027 7 years ago

Bah! My curling game went long so I was too late for Walmart midnight release. My friends went though. Said it's really enjoyable!

Joy con update and Zelda update too

#1029 7 years ago

First impressions after playing into the wee hours last night and a little before work:

Zelda: Breath of the Wild is potentially game of the decade.

Pro Controller on the TV is an amazing experience

Switch as a handheld is serviceable but not as enjoyable.

Graphics are def a grade below the PS4 I have, the art style of zelda is great tho but not sure how AAA titles as ports will work out.

The unit is pretty small without the joycons on it. Everything feels of quality build

I'll post some pics of my master sword edition goodies in a minute.

Finally a 3d zelda game that doesnt hold your hand for an hour before you start exploring and enjoying the game

#1030 7 years ago

Goodies:

20170302_170748 (resized).jpg20170302_170748 (resized).jpg
20170302_170758 (resized).jpg20170302_170758 (resized).jpg
20170302_170808 (resized).jpg20170302_170808 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170303_002333 (resized).jpgIMG_20170303_002333 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170303_002434 (resized).jpgIMG_20170303_002434 (resized).jpg

#1031 7 years ago

Zelda: Breath of the Wild is potentially game of the decade.

Just about every reviewer (including Time Magazine, and others who don't normally review games) is giving it a perfect score. It's one of the best reviewed games of all time.

Technically, it's still below Ocarina of Time, BUT fewer outlets reviewed that game vs new games, so new games have it tougher for sure.

#1032 7 years ago

To all you lucky Switch owners: is the eshop up and running? If so, anything interesting? Any Virtual Console stuff?

#1033 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

To all you lucky Switch owners: is the eshop up and running? If so, anything interesting? Any Virtual Console stuff?

only things last night you could buy were release titles

no apps

no virtual console stuff

#1034 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

VC is not on switch yet and will be some time before it is. It is coming, but no announcement on it yet. The eshop however is open.

#1035 7 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Ain't fittin right

#1036 7 years ago

I uh....oops...totally forgot about the launch and didn't go sit at Best Buy. Oh well.

#1037 7 years ago

My Switch came yesterday right as I got home from work. Pulled into my driveway, got out of my car, and there was the UPS guy pulling in right behind me.

I ended up opening it up and playing it. Got Zelda. And I must say, it is very cool. I really do hope the system succeeds. Kinda bummed that the WII U that I rarely played and traded in for Switch credit, was the version that came with the download version of Mario Maker. Sucks that I can't load it onto the Switch and play.

The thing is a little smaller than I pictured. It does feel solid. Controls are nice. Not sure if I really want to spend the money for the Pro Controller though. Zelda controls are exactly how I'd expect them to work. No more frustration.

So I'll keep my Switch handy at my desk and play it every now and then while I'm waiting for video to render or just need to take a break.

#1038 7 years ago

I put a couple hours? Or so in on wiiu Zelda last night. Man the world is amazing!! I'm on finding the 4th shrine in the cold. You pick a place to go and on your way you find so much other stuff to checkout. Dying happens a lot but the auto saves are nice.

#1039 7 years ago

Nintendo Switch isn't retro.

#1040 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Would you rather there be more non-pinball related posts started here on Pinside?

#1041 7 years ago

Why not?

#1042 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

It went from how it was impossible to find a NES Classic in stores, to the retro gaming thread. Nintendo is kind of the theme up in here.

#1043 7 years ago

I got it Zelda for wii u at midnight launch and have almost 20 hours in it. Its really good, its got some flaws but they are so easily over looked. I haven't played a game this much in such a short time ever and that is saying something

I wish I wasn't at work now.

there was a snow storm and like only 20 people at the launch. I actually could have gotten a switch but passed

My buddy went to a target a bought a switch today. they are out there if you want

#1044 7 years ago

The resale vulchers are already at it up here with Bestbuy and Walmart selling out quick. Friday afternoon I saw $550 and $800 with Zelda ads already.
I'll pass till launch wave is over. I've already waited 6 years for a new Zelda game. What's another 6 months?

#1045 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

The resale vulchers are already at it up here with Bestbuy and Walmart selling out quick. Friday afternoon I saw $550 and $800 with Zelda ads already.
I'll pass till launch wave is over. I've already waited 6 years for a new Zelda game. What's another 6 months?

Walked into toys r us today a half hour after they opened and they still had three left.

#1046 7 years ago

So I pre-ordered Zelda and have been playing it. Man the world is huge. Pretty great game. Kinda like Skyrim, but only more childish.

But this weekend I decided to go get Bomberman too. Loved playing it on the Gameboy, and have never played another version of it since. Went to Bestbuy, Walmart, Gamestop, and Meijers. All sold out. But every place had Zelda and the Dancing game. I would have thought Zelda would have been clearly sold out. Figured it'd be the game everyone bought, even if they were waiting for a system.

BUT...Target did have a lot of copies of Bomberman, but for some reason, I just couldn't ask the high school kid to open the case for me to get me a copy of it.

Oh, and Gamestop. Man, they must have been told to harass people as much as they can. I hate their game of 20 questions as soon as you walk in the door.

What brought you in today?
My feet.
What are you looking for?
I'm just looking.
What system do you have?
All of them.
What types of games do you like to play?
The fun ones.
Do you know about our specials?
No.
If you.....
I turned around, said thanks, and walked out. I wasn't having it. Just leave me alone.

#1047 7 years ago

Bomberman is really fun. I have a pro controller so we can play 3 people at my place. had some friends over and we played friday night. passed the controller if you got last place.

The tiny controllers actually arent that horrible to play with. The added piece from the strap really does make a big difference.

Online so far has been hit or miss with the lag. Youll walk into bombs that have no fire or the fire is gone on the screen but it still hits you. or it just takes like a few sec for you to move the way you want to. not good for a frantic game.

The floating camera sucks in the campaign, you can turn it to fixed for multiplayer but not campaign. Coop is fun as well.

You dont get a ton of maps but you can unlock a large number with points you earn from playing online and winning or beating stages in campaign.

Zelda is a masterpiece. I'm probably 30 hours in and havent even unlocked most of the world map. Maybe 25%?

#1048 7 years ago

floating camera sucks in the campaign

You would have think that they would've realized that thing sucked, since it also sucked in Bomberman games on the N64... ugh... what idiot thinks a 3/4th view in a game that traditionally operates at 90 degree angles was a GREAT IDEA...

#1049 7 years ago

Just got 1-2 switch friday, picked up Bomberman today. Still looking for a switch though :-p W/ zelda on wiiu, I'm good for a little while. THe game is so awesome. Snagged the Guide today so I can find more of the hidden goodies.

#1050 7 years ago

SPOILER TIP FOR ZELDA. Well, not spoiler for story, but if you want to figure things out on your own, try to divert your eyes.

There is a trial where you have to navigate a rolling ball through a maze by tilting your controller. Like those labyrinth marble mazes. Well, I kept getting frustrated that the maze slowly kept re-orienting itself. It would not stay straight with how I was holding the controller, and it kept throwing me off. After a while, I got frustrated, and while I was moving the controller, the new ball dropped and landed in an area that was blocked off on all 4 sides. I couldn't roll the ball out. So I vigorously rocked the controller, to which the ball wouldn't come out. But then it hit me. Dump the ball out. I flipped the controller upside down and the ball fell out of the maze, and a new ball fell on the the now righted- bottom side. Without the maze to contend with, I was able to just directly navigate the ball to where it needed to go without any obstacle.

I feel that this was done on purpose. They created a smooth underside of the maze. I kinda feel like I discovered an easter egg that was built in for those of us that would get frustrated.

There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.