IMG_0340 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0341 (resized).jpeg
_20240408_142036 (resized).JPG
_20240408_142108 (resized).JPG
20240407_103121 (resized).jpg
20240319_202154 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Damn, that's a $200-300 cart right there!!!
The only carts I kept were Starfox and Yoshi's Island, as they don't work on SD2SNES. I might pick up the Japanese game Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius as well, since that doesn't work yet.

is that the "chattering parodius" version with the extra chip in it for all of the voice-over stuff? somehow, I think I missed that one when I used to purchase super famicom titles at launch

dragon ball z: hyper dimension is another cart that fetches a good amount of money and doesn't work on the SD2SNES cart

1 month later
#325 7 years ago

I received the famicom mini that I ordered from a japanese ebay seller and overall I'm impressed with the build quality of the system

the famicom mini has 8 games which are unique to it vs. the nes classic
the 8 titles found on the famicom mini:
atlantis no nazo, downtown street challenge, final fantasy III, mario club golf, river city ransom, solomon’s key, tsuppari sumo, and yie ar kung-fu

replace these 8 on the nes classic:
bubble bobble, castlevania II: simon’s quest, donkey kong jr., final fantasy, kid icarus, punch-out, startropics, and tecmo bowl

additionally, the famicom mini comes with 2 [hardwired] controllers which [are 40% smaller than the original famicom controllers and] fit into the sides of the system, just like the original. however, the microphone and volume adjustment slider on controller two are just a sticker and part of the molded plastic (instead of being an actual functional feature (the japanese version of zelda took advantage of the microphone and player's could defeat the pols voice (the large eared mouse looking enemies) by shouting into the microphone

finally, unlike the us nes classic, the famicom mini does not come with the usb to ac convertor. that is sold separately

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

nothing is more nostalgic than the flashing grey screen

lol. had to rip apart a system just last night and clean up all of the cartridge connectors to rid myself of that

3 weeks later
#585 7 years ago

not classic, but the rumor mill has it that pre-orders for the nintendo switch start this friday. limit one system per household @ gamestop and most stores are only expected to receive 20 systems at launch

#624 7 years ago

I find it rather humorous that while sony pioneered the blu-ray format with philips, their new system (the ps4 pro) does not have the ability to play the 4K blu-rays

I'm not sure if microsoft will ever get over the stigmatism associated with being a u.s. company and gain a decent market share in japan but it will be interesting to see exactly how much power their scorpio system actually has

to me, all three players sort of missed the mark because the technology leap wasn't nearly what it was between the last generation and the one before it

#636 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I've played Zen Pinball on my PS4 in 3D. Seems like a game where the 3D is actually useful (though I don't think their pin simulation feels accurate)
3D was mostly a fad to push TV sales, now they've moved onto 4K. Which is also dumb, because they need to get 1080p gaming right first

or even 720p

I remember seeing that many ps3 titles weren't even native 720p, but upscaled so that the framerate didn't suffer

the ps4 pro is a strange move on sony's part. by introducing a splintered platform, developers now have to code and accommodate for 2 sets of hardware and try to make the games look good on both

#674 7 years ago

the presentation was about what I expected it to be, but it was quite obvious that many of the developers haven't had enough time to work with the dev kits seeing as some of the "guest speakers" did not have anything to show (let alone specific title names for games in development

zelda looks great and so do some of the throw-back titles (bomberman r and street fighter). kind of disappointed that mario odyssey isn't a launch time (does this mark the 1st or 2nd time that nintendo didn't have a mario title at launch?) but it did look great

the enhanced rumble features look like they could really open up some very cool immersive elements in games (and work very well in conjunction with some time of AR/VR environment in the near future

I wonder if nintendo is planning on selling the neon colored (or other colored) joy-cons separately?

ps
apparently, amazon.com had systems available approx. 3:30am EST (according to an email that I received), but were gone when I woke up at 5:30am for work

pps
bestbuy.com still had systems available to ship (at 6:00am EST), but no stores (within 250 miles) for in-store pick-up were left

ppps
meijer.com (a chain like fred meyer) and toysrus.com still have do not have any information available on line

target.com still appears to have both systems (ones with the gray joy-cons, ones with the neon red/blue joy-cons) available

#687 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

Managed to grab a grey console from target and got the special edition zelda from gamestop. I was hoping to be able to get a master edition, but they appear to be all sold out already

according to one of the gamestop managers that I know, the master editions haven't been put into their system yet. it will retail for 129.99usd and the only thing that it includes that the special edition does not is the master sword statue

#756 7 years ago

was anyone quick/lucky enough to pre-order a zelda: breath of the wild master collection?

#780 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

zelda 2 is challenging. That game is a straight up FU to most people. It was hard as shit.

I loved zelda 2: link's adventure

I remember driving to canada to grab it 1 or 2 weeks earlier than the stateside release back in the day

1 week later
#836 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what GC disc is it on? I have the master disc and that only has Zelda, Zelda 2, ocarina of time and majoras. they skipped right over link to the past.

zelda 2 (nes) is the adventure of link
Zelda_II_The_Adventure_of_Link_(NA) (resized).jpgZelda_II_The_Adventure_of_Link_(NA) (resized).jpg

the legend of zelda: a link to the past, was on the snes/sfc and the only title not playable on the gamecube (up to that point)

#840 7 years ago

gamecube and gb playergamecube and gb player
if you purchase one, just make sure that it has the software disc. without it, you're SOL

#845 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how does the GB Link to the past compare to the SNES version? I really liked SNES version.

it's a pretty faithful re-creation, but given that the resolution of the GBA is slightly different than the SNES/SFC, the game's interface was re-worked to display better with the GBA's wide-screen format

1 week later
#900 7 years ago

for me, ALttP and LA DX were definitely the highlights of the series so far with OoT and MM coming in a close 2nd

I'm probably biased though, having written official guides for all of the above but ALTTP
having been responsible for huge pull-out poster for LA DX, I really love the care and thought that NCL did in the tiling of each of the screens and making the world fit together.

I really wanted to like the oracle series, but I think that they felt like "me too" games after link's awakening (and not as cohesive as they could have been. that's possibly due to the fact that it was supposed to be 3 titles linked together instead of just oracle and seasons

phantom hourglass really knocked it out of the park too with the ability to pack a huge world into the tiny handheld as well as taking advantage of all that the DS had to offer without those features feeling "bolted on"

#903 7 years ago

the microphone idea was actually a carry over from the original famicom days (the 2nd controller on the famicom had a built-in microphone)

it's funny that an idea that was used in the early 1980s wasn't resurrected (and made globally) until almost 20 years later

#921 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I couldn't agree more on nintendo's naming the last few years.
Also their marketing has been terrible during all that
Good move on their part for forking out the cash for the super bowl commercial.

really? paying $XXX for a commercial for a product that is already pre-sold out everywhere? yes, it creates awareness for those not in the know, but honestly the kids of those parents are well aware of what is coming out via social media and other outlets already

heck, the master collection of the new switch zelda title was sold out at 5:00am EST after going on sale just hours after their global video stream press event back on january 21st (with the other special edition selling out before noon the very same day

nintendo may have made some errors in their naming and marketing, but they've not had any problems whatsoever in generating buzz when it comes to launching new hardware

#926 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, they full on botched the Wii U with shit marketing from day 1. The name was stupid, and people assumed it was just a Wii accessory or upgrade...they didn't realize it was an entirely new console. Had they called it something else, and screamed from the rooftops: NINTENDO IN HD!!!!!!!! ...I think they would have fared better. Honestly, that's all I wanted out of it. Nintendo in HD...and that's what I got, and really enjoyed it! So, I think to most people who ignored the Wii U, they've never experienced Nintendo in HD....and now Nintendo is CLEARLY marketing a NEW system, and people will get it. Anyone who grew up with Nintendo franchises but skipped the last generation or two - they're gonna dig this. Home console & portable in one, lots of great multiplayer opportunities.

agreed. now, give me my multiplayer metroid prime pinball on the switch!!

3 weeks later
#998 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Looks like Walmart has put Zelda botw on shelves for both wiiu and switch!

street break!

I'm still bummed that I wasn't able to get a master edition of zelda. I can't believe that they went as fast as they did

#1002 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

As someone who has an unnatural obsession with Zelda, I'm probably going to pick up a copy of Zelda for both the switch AND the Wii U.
Down the road, one of them is bound to be collectable--just like the rare Twilight Princess for the GameCube.

and that's why I'm hoping to nab a sealed "brick" of wii u loz:botw's tomorrow as well

I sold a sealed case of wii TP CE's for $2800 a year ago and still have about 80 nintendo "bricks" which will be sold soon (and probably pay for a good portion of my next house

1 week later
#1072 7 years ago

the guy from the first video seems to be very knowledgeable about [most] of the components used. great video

3 weeks later
#1094 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I was told by an employee at Game Stop that Nintendo is no longer making the NES Classic and will be launching the original NES system in fall. Is this info correct?

wait, what?!? so, according to this "so called" employee, nintendo is going to eliminate a game system that they can't keep on the store shelves and instead go back to manufacturing a system that is over 30 years old that uses cartridges that are no longer produced by companies that no longer exist? hmm... I don't think so

#1097 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I'd half-believe it. RetroUSB proves that there's still money to be made in a 30 year old console.

retrousb also manufactures a device that allows you to copy rom images onto a compact flash card and play them so their 2 products go hand in hand. do you see nintendo doing the same thing?

#1109 7 years ago

that's a good question. the biggest problem with the internet is that things tend to get blown out of proportion quickly due to the speed that we have access to the information. from what I've seen and read, this warping has affected less than 10 people that have post different, unique photos. not to say that there isn't an issue, but given the tear-down images from i-fixit, it seems rather unlikely that all of these [solid] components contained inside of the unit would be susceptible to warping or bending

the display almost extends the entire length of the main portion of the system (minus the joy-cons), so it seems very odd that it would be able to flex or bend.

the strangest news regarding this is that one person acknowledged this same issue and he had never docked his system. it makes you wonder if it may be an issue with the frame surrounding the display itself on a select few number of systems and that they were warped from the start

#1128 7 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

I hate all the firmware shit with these modern consoles! Makes you wonder if they will even work in 15 years

sony was notorious for forcing you to perform a firmware update in order to play games (not sure if they still are as I sold my ps4). at least from what I've see with the switch so far is that it informs you that an update is available but doesn't stop you to playing you current game library

2 months later
#1276 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

hope nintendo takes notes for if/when they make the snes classic:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/09/sega-genesis-flashback-console-includes-85-games-cartridge-support
can play actual cartridges and has wireless controllers packed in.

I don't see the wireless controller option happening. nintendo never released wireless controllers for the super famicom/super nintendo systems and the whole point of this was to offer something reasonable cheap.

the lack of a cartridge port may also have something to do with the fact that it would cannibalize digital sales from their eshop for the switch (which should have past generation titles available by the time the snes classic is announced/released

2 weeks later
#1327 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I heard SF2 was SFX 2, so you'd need one of those carts, like yoshi island, winter gold, or doom. May just need a wiring difference?

winter gold is the best donor cart that there can be. it has the FX2 chip, the faster crystal and I believe 2x the ram that yoshi's island or stunt race FX had. you just have to change out the CIC chip as well

1 week later
#1373 6 years ago

I think you mean composite (not component

however, speaking of component mods, the cables that HD retrovision is currently selling for the snes/super famicom, genesis/mega drive and saturn are pretty darn nice

if your tv supports 240p, these are definitely worth the cost as they eliminate all of that shimmering and blurriness

https://shop.hdretrovision.com/collections/component-cables

1 week later
#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was swimming when it went up - the ONE thing I'd be doing where I wouldn't have my phone on me. My friend got 2 tho, 1 for me! (As long as they don't cancel his order)

I missed out. went to bed right before they went on sale. I hope your friend does get his. rumors of orders for multiple consoles being cancelled are already circulating

2 months later
#1499 6 years ago

from what I'm hearing, stores should have at least as many snes classic systems for walk-in customers as what they offered for pre-orders

I've also heard that many of the big box stores (best buy, target, walmart) could have as many as 60-100 systems available for walk-in customers on friday

4 more days!!

1 month later
#1609 6 years ago

you will need a tri-wing screwdriver for the wii u game pad. there are plenty of them available on amazon, but make sure you get one that has a decent sized handle. those tiny ones are garbage

#1611 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The "Bic Pen Screwdriver" works surprisingly well. Google it and I'm sure you will find lots of info about Nintendo.

the bic pen trick works well for the two (3.8mm and 4.5mm) flower shaped or "game bit" screws, but not for the tri-wing screws

here are links for the "better" game bit and tri-wing screw drivers:
https://www.amazon.com/Silverhill-Tools-ATKNND-Nintendo-Screwdriver/dp/B00BEZY2I6/ref=sr_1_11

https://www.amazon.com/Leegoal-Tri-wing-Screwdriver-Nintendo-Gamecube/dp/B000S6AG9G/ref=sr_1_4

1 month later
#1656 6 years ago

I don't get it. dirty bird wet mossy rocks?

1 week later
#1662 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I was in the gameroom starting at my Dreamcast so I fired it up, played some hydro thunder and power stone 2....:what in the fly f is capcom doing not brining PS back?!? That game with updates to today’s controllers and graphics would be amazing, specially 4 player online or local.

Pbfx3 does!

yeah, I think that the original powerstone never left the case and was alway either in my dreamcast or sitting aside it when we were playing house of the dead, rival schools: project justice or sega bass fishing

3 weeks later
#1678 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I get my copy of Metroid Pinball today! Never heard of it until this thread. I've always had whatever Nintendo handheld was out, but mainly just bought the main Mario games, and then never played the system after I was tired of those.

you should be quite happy with that title. I have very fond memories of playing the multiplayer portion of the game against friends on both the london underground and trains during a few trips to england with a mate that put myself and another buddy of ours from scotland up for a week a few years in a row

8 months later
#1827 5 years ago

I would love to do the portland show one year. rumour has it that's the place that I should be to try and unload my collection of nearly 3,000 still brand new, sealed games
(especially the japanese ps1, ps2 and dreamcast stuff)

MGC was ok 3 years ago, but the patrons there are just looking for cheap deals on used stuff

#1830 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Disagree. Every show is exactly like the MGC show that you described. There is absolutely zero market to sell sealed stuff at a show. ZERO. Ebay and Facebook are your best chances to sell high end sealed stuff like that. If you got $5-$50 sealed titles, a show would be fine for that stuff.

thanks for the head's up. glad I didn't plan a trip, haul a bunch of stuff and then become utterly disappointed

3 weeks later
#1861 5 years ago

yeah, it's an interesting piece of hardware, but you are correct. the dual shock controllers are what truly separated the [launch] playstation into what it became

some of the games still stand up well (the original crash and spyro for example), while others show their age quite obviously (toshinden, tekken 3 come to mind) due to the low frame rate and polygon counts. technological feats in their time? yes, but not compared to today's games

and while I think that many people have fond memories of the saturn, n64 and playstation, it wasn't necessarily the early titles that they remember as the [great] titles

I still have an early beta copy of spyro (I authored the official strategy guide) that didn't support the analog sticks and god, what a pain in the ass it was to control that little dragon

1 week later
#1863 5 years ago

no sewer shark or night trap?

#1890 5 years ago

I didn't realize that the new ones were out yet. where are you seeing these at?

#1895 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

BJ's had 2 pallets full. $23 each. The cabinets and details look great. My only concern is that they are the Nintendo version of the games and not the actual arcade version. They do look cool though!

thanks. no bj's here in michigan
btw, I've heard that each series actually has all of the games on every machine. each board is hardwire jumpered as to which game is booted up to. so, if you were to take it appear and put in a little [x] way toggle switch, you could play all of the games on one machine

2 weeks later
#1920 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Open source emulation, no rumble, half the games are the PAL versions for some reason...what a piece of trash. Glad I cancelled my order.

I hoping that:
- the japanese version has all 60hz incarnations of the titles present and more importantly it gets hacked so that I can add the games that I really want to play on it (like the final fantasy tactics beta with the 2-player option

1 week later
#1953 5 years ago

but isn't everything in that trailer just pre-rendered video? yeah, it looks great but I would like to see some actual gameplay video before passing judgement

1 week later
#1960 5 years ago

I'm seeing that the ps classic is a "see price in cart", which shows you 74.99, but I can't seem be able to add the cartwheel discount to the online discounted price in the app. are you saying that you would need to go to a physical store and then get them to match the discounted on-line price and then show the cartwheel discount of 25% off and see if they'd stack that?

#1962 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

thinking of finally picking up a gamecube game boy player... anyone have any experience with them. looks like the big thing is having the boot disc. see lots of japanese ones online, but from what I gather the peripheral works with a us system, but i would need a us boot disc. does that sound right? might just have to spend a little bit more for a us one with us disc just to not have any issues.

correct, unless your gamecube is japanese or modded, you will need the us game boy player boot disc to use it. regardless, you need some form of the game boy player boot disc to run it, otherwise its just a nice color-matched riser for your game cube system

#1967 5 years ago

I still have all of the files [somewhere] from when I developed a solder-free (eg. completely reversible) version, let me know if you want them

it works with both the us and jp versions of the game cube. you can additionally change out the power LED to display which mode you're in

1 week later
#1984 5 years ago

I'm not surprised that it dropped, just by how much how quickly

it's obvious that bestbuy had stacks (and stacks) of the things and that they just weren't moving at all as xmas approached. I'll probably take my receipt back to gamestop and have them price match. maybe the hacking will get to the point where you can actually replace or add games to the on-board memory instead of having to load stuff from a usb stick and use a hub for the P2 controller

#1991 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

eh, I think it could of been a decent hit if they did it correctly. Dual shock controllers and the correct games. It really is a @#$#@$ list of games on it. People are craving for a n64 classic and that had some crap looking 3d by todays standards too. ugh, and the 1 joystick controls for fps....you really have to want to play it.

I agree but I also understand why no dual shock controller were included. sony was attempting to re-capture the original launch system experience. the problem being that the changes made to sony's controller helped make it what it is today with the ps4. while it might have seemed like a great idea (on paper), in hindsight it really killed them with the games that they could pick and package in the system
I believe that the playstation is the only console that I can think of where the company that produced the system, changed the pack-in controller, not once but twice during it's life cycle
original controller -> dual analog controller (no vibration - jp only) -> dualshock controller

yes, both the NES and original xbox had changes made to their controllers (the NES got the dogbone shaped controllers with the top loading system and microsoft shrunk down the "duke nukem" sized controller), but neither had any functionality changes
additionally, the 3D max and advantage controllers were both something that nintendo sold separately, but never as a default pack-in controller

2 weeks later
#2004 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Do not use the SNES cable on the Gamecube. The pinout is different and you will send 12V down the sync line and fry your PVM or whatever other components may be in the line to it. I don't know what your setup is like. I did the same thing you're doing, got a PAL cube and slapped a xeno modchip in it. I have my whole setup wired for csync and I use the cables from Retrogamingcables.co.uk Specifically, this one:
https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/nintendo/gamecube/NINTENDO-GAMECUBE-RGB-SCART-CABLE-COMPOSITE-SYNC-CSYNC
People say great things about their "packapunch" cables, but I never used them. At one point, I had 14 consoles daisy-chained through 2 automatic SCART switches and then the audio broken out and ran back across that. Even then, I never had any interference, so I don't think the extra shielding was worth it.

let's amend this and provide the correct information so that everyone doesn't freak out. so, your sentence *should* read:
Do not use a NTSC SNES/N64/GC cable on a PAL Gamecube. The pinout for pin 3 is different and you will send 12V down the sync line and fry your PVM or whatever other components may be in the line to it.

*CSYNC/Composite Sync is replaced by +12V on PAL SNES and PAL Gamecube consoles (But not the PAL N64)
from: https://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=av:nintendomultiav

3 months later
#2041 5 years ago

that looks great. I'll be following your progress

#2044 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I skimmed it with the sound off. I think I'm probably glad I did judging by jean vests excitement.

agreed, although it was cool to see a few of the guides that I authored back in the day on his shelves

1 month later
#2097 4 years ago

I missed it and can't believe that it's not scheduled to be broadcast again (at least through july 1st). instead, the history channel would rather show the same garbage over and over (pickers, pawn stars, alien autopsy, etc...)

3 months later
#2131 4 years ago

I received my genesis mini yesterday as well, but haven't had the chance to open it yet. I have one of the (hopefully) limited edition versions coming from japan (w/ two 6-button controllers and the mock cartridge that fits in the top of the system)

1 week later
#2143 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

i SUPER hope they release the stack in the states. Guess US-based Youtubers are getting Genesis branded versions, but Japan is the only place selling them.

initially, those stacks were going for $80-100 but have settled down to about $60-65. they must have made a lot of them because I thought that they were going to be exclusively a famitsu special edition

I received both my Japanese mini and us mini last week. waiting for the 2 stacks to arrive now

3 weeks later
#2155 4 years ago

what do you want for the command & conquer the first decade game? that would be fun to revisit after all these years

3 months later
#2192 4 years ago

many of the consoles could have been much better had the controllers been a bit more comfortable and ergonomic. colecovision, intellivision and 5200 are few of those that come to mind

#2206 4 years ago

I thought that the original analogue systems contained circuitry that was harvested from original famicom disc drives for the additional sound channels. was I incorrect about this?

I do not believe that the analogue mini's contained the same additional circuitry

additionally, the initial run of the analogue systems was crafted from a solid aluminum billet that was cnc'ed. that definitely increased the initial selling price

1 month later
#2232 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

No, I can't justify the price. Although, I could double my money in a month if I flip it, which is probably what most of the people who preordered are thinking.

do they really appreciate that much in value?

3 months later
#2314 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Nice. That’s worth $300-$400 I bet. I wouldn’t touch it. Leave it in the box. If you want to play nes buy a cheap used one. That looks mint and should stay that way after all these years.

$300-400? more likely closer to $1000-1500

2 months later
#2399 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

The Gyromite I picked up for $5 last year at Half Priced Books. Only the game, no ROB. Never seen the game nor ROB in person, but I always wanted a ROB.

I a have NIB japanese ROB as well as copies of stack-up and gyromite. I'll post them tonight. I prefer the color scheme that ROB received in japan over what we received here in the states

2 weeks later
#2401 3 years ago

I hear that amazon.co.uk pre-orders for the game & watch: super mario bros. went up and were sold out in 20 minutes. nothing yet for us here in the states yet.

they're also up on amazon.co.jp, but no shipping options to the u.s.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08HJ9T6GY/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=game+watch+mario&qid=1599569026&sr=8-2

2 months later
#2443 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

The desktop arcade is growing.
I hate missing out on the Centipede and Tempest.
[quoted image]

both can still be had through various channels but to be honest, the tempest wasn't all that great (the spinner does not spin freely like the original arcade title so the game doesn't play as well as it should. additionally, it's a raster LCD instead of vector display so on the smaller display it doesn't look as crisp as it would on vector monitor).

it looks like they've finally hit their stride with the controls being the proper proportioned size with dragon's lair. I may have to grab one of those.

2 weeks later
#2496 3 years ago

after ordering the gcloader, you need this as well
https://laserbear.net/shop/ols/products/gcloader-sd-mount

it has a built-in SD card extender to bring the slot up to a usable access point and finishes off the gaping hole where the optical drive used to be

#2502 3 years ago

I modded mine and wrapped up the original optical drive and stored it away. the nicest part of these mods are that they are completely reversible like you never did them (sort of like my original region switch that I did back in 2001. no soldering)

#2505 3 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

OK thanks, think I will do that. One more question, is there any particular SD card you like for this? Looks like 128GB would be a decent sweet spot to hit, that should hold around 80 ISOs I would guess. I bought the mount with the extra "holder slots" so I could stash extras in there if needed.

I picked up these 256GB micro SDs for the systems that I've done for myself and others basically giving you enough space to put anything and everything that you'd want to play and still have a bit of space left over (just in case)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0887P21Z2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00

the price is right now too ($5 cheaper than when I purchased the last batch, and cheaper than purchasing two 128GB micro SD cards

#2507 3 years ago

load times do not seem to be an issue (regardless of the micro SD card size). I believe that the opening animation only gets to the 3rd [roll] of the cube before swiss is loaded and displayed.

#2512 3 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Thanks, also just to confirm I have all this right, I’m going to get this SD2SP2 also to plug into the serial port so I have write capability with Swiss for game saves and such.
amazon.com link »

that should work. I ordered a sd2sp2 about a week ago but am still waiting delivery of it. I recently picked up some sony pvm monitors and have one connected to the gamecube using bnc adapters to the component cables. unfortunately, swiss auto boots into 480p mode when the component cables are connected (regardless of whether or not the display can handle it), so the result is a half horizontally shifted screen. I need the sd2sp2 in order to change and save the configuration file for swiss (apparently, you can't even manually add a config file on the gc-loader sd card).

1 month later
#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from Jawa:

I was sorting through some boxes and found a winter 2002 Nintendo product catalog. If anyone wants it I'll mail it to you, if it's not claimed by the weekend it'll go in the trash.[quoted image]

lol. I believe that I've got a sealed box of these and some other nintendo promo materials from back in the day, along with a handful of the gamecube demo dvd's

5 months later
#2604 2 years ago
Quoted from Mcshaney:

Just picked this up at a yard sale . I was panicking when I plugged it in and the screen wasn't coming on just the brightness was turned down thank God.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'll give you $6 for it. you can double your money without even thinking.
truth be told. great score. congrats!

2 months later
#2621 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

The cable had several uses. For these games, you could transfer your characters from the GBA game to the GameCube game. I’m fairly certain this is wii compatible

wii compatible for those systems with the ngc backward compatibility (all the wii systems having the gamecube controller ports under the door)

3 weeks later
#2628 2 years ago

I sold 2 sealed pokemon boxes last year and got about a grand a piece for them. I think I still have 1 or 2 japanese versions lying about

#2630 2 years ago

just a head's up (and a small plug), for those in and around the metro detroit area, the 1st detroit retro videogame show will be taking place on saturday, november 6th from 9am-5pm at the knights of columbus monaghan banquet center, located at 19801 farmington rd in livonia, mi

we've got about 25 vendors spread over 5,500 sq ft selling home console (retro to present), arcade and even some pinball (and related) items.

more info can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/detroitrgs

1 year later
#2705 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Well, I ordered myself a steam deck for xmas. I opted for the cheap one. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the anti-glare screen, but not sure that's worth a 60%ish price increase to me.

that the price increase also includes a nicer case and 8x the memory (as well as it being high-speed NVMe vs. 64 GB eMMC memory) but I get that it is a significant increase in price for those options

6 months later
#2830 11 months ago

those sony wega's have beautiful pictures but are a pain in the @ss to move (that egg crate bottom really loves to cut into your hands).

in other news, if anyone here is still searching for a collector's edition of zelda: tears of the kingdom, I ended up with 2 extra australian copies (region-free) that I would be willing to part with for retail ($129.99) plus shipping. pm me for photos, details, and shipping.

5 months later
#3000 5 months ago

just a head's up for anyone in the midwest (specifically around the metro detroit area in michigan), we will be hosting our 3rd annual retro videogame show on saturday, nov 4th from 10am-4pm in livonia at the elks club

drvgs (resized).pngdrvgs (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.