IMG_0340 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0341 (resized).jpeg
_20240408_142036 (resized).JPG
_20240408_142108 (resized).JPG
20240407_103121 (resized).jpg
20240319_202154 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#433 7 years ago

Down with emulation
I have about 40-50 CIB nes/snes not in the photo

20161228_170858 (resized).jpg20161228_170858 (resized).jpg

#448 7 years ago

I think silk wurm on nes was a good coop game. If I remember correctly one person is a helicopter and the other a jeep.

Bubble bobble on nes is a fantastic 2 player game, not sure if I'd call it coop but it's awesome. One of the few arcade games I regret selling.

#450 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

For those still looking for an NES Classic it is now in stock at Gamestop with the caveat that you buy it in a bundle with an NES book for $105.
http://www.gamestop.com/nes/consoles/nintendo-nes-classic-strategy-edition-bundle/138629?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=lw9MynSeamY-jNR.YRCa8nd3SCaGFHY4Lw
Now that the Holidays are over It probably won't be much longer till these are available everywhere if you have some patience.

i guess for people spending way too much on ebay for them thats a good deal lol. those books must not be selling too well to force people to buy em like that. I agree, no reason to spring for this if you havent gotten one yet. Patience is a virtue. I'm sure this will get tons of impulse buys till they are gone tho.

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lol. Since I have a AVS and Everdrive, I don't need one of these things - but I would have totally bought one just cuz it's cute and I love Nintendo collectibles. They've made it so hard to casually buy something I don't need, I kind of don't care any more. When they decide to stock these like a normal company trying to make money, I'll get one...prob when they're on sale for $40

yeah my thoughts exactly, and an AVS is so much sweeter. I guess for the casual gamer who doesnt already own those titles for nes already in cartridge form its not a bad get.

Anyone else get the Retro USB 8 Bit X-Mas pinball game this year? Very cool. First time ive sprung for one of their 8 bit xmas carts, mainly cause its pinball related.

IMG_20161211_104537 (resized).jpgIMG_20161211_104537 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#471 7 years ago

Lets get some gaming discussion going:

What are everyone's top 10 SNES games? What are some games you would suggest to people to play on SNES that aren't necessarily regarded as top tier games or just a lesser known titles that are fun?

My list would look like this:
1: The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past
2: Chrono Trigger
3: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
4: Mega Man X
5: Donkey Kong Country
6: Super Mario Kart
7: Super Mario World
8: Super Metroid
9: Gradius III
10: ActRaiser

Recommended games that probably arent on peoples top 10 list:

Multiplayer games:
Biker Mice From Mars (like Mario Kart)
Super Bomberman 2
Top Gear 3000
Tetris Attack

Single Player:
Secret of the Stars
Out of this World

#474 7 years ago

SotN is the best castlevania imo

#513 7 years ago

I used to have a rampart arcade, fun multiplayer game for sure!

#523 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

A few years ago I had 400+ nes carts. I took 300 of the more regular games and sold them to fund my first pinball machine

I hear ya, I just put all my nes and snes games in a spreadsheet and put the current prices off of price charting and I have like 4k worth of games for each system... definitely tempting pinball money.

#540 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Errr.....lol?

I'm not saying thats what I would get if I sold it all, but just what price charting has the games listed at. I have 278 NES games that are valued at 3908.67 off of their prices and 150 SNES games that they have valued at 4066.85.

probably wont ever sell em tho, im a horder ha.

#544 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agreed. Do you remember Nobanaga's Ambition on the NES? It was phenomenal back in the day. Romance of the Three Kingdoms was a carry forward off that style of play.

yeah those games are all really fun. takes some time to get into them but i like all of those style games.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I remember it somewhat, but didn't put a lot of time on it. I was big into RPG's on the NES.

Crystalis is an awesome NES rpg.

#556 7 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Romance 1 and Nobunaga's were on NES.
Romance 2 & 3 were on SNES and Nobunaga's was ported to SNES as well. I loved all of these.
Also try Bandit Kings of Ancient China for NES.

I will have to look into that Bandit Kings of Ancient China, never heard of it or played it. Have the other games you mentioned and enjoyed them all. Thanks for the tip

edit: except its like an 80 dollar game. Maybe I'll spring for it someday lol

#560 7 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Funny. I see it at my local resale shop for way lower than that. I want to say $28 or $38. Just download an emulator real quick if it's cost prohibitive. For these types of games it isn't much different to play on the keyboard than with a real controller.

Yeah, I get that. I probably will at some point, or spring for an everdrive cart for the games I do not own physical copies of yet.

#564 7 years ago

Faxanadu was another NES RPG I have fond memories of. havent played it in over a decade, might need to re-visit it.

#579 7 years ago

Liberty or Death was a sweet Koei game on SNES. Anyone remember that one? Also North v South was really awesome on nes as a 2 player game. The train robbing missions were intense, as well as trying to take over your opponents forts.

#584 7 years ago

i bought a power glove off a guy on craigslist who told me it was for sega and it was not as desirable as the nes one and got it for like 5 bucks.

#589 7 years ago

So i talked with my friend who works at gamestop and she said they were thinking thursday or friday, depending on what Nintendo releases this week for info, they are waiting on Nintendo to confirm price and launch date. I would assume the "killer app" for its release will be the new Zelda.

#620 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The 360 menu system was great circa 2008 (the "New Experience" update). Then it went to trash, eventually becoming a series of pages that were 80% ads with little icons hidden for what you actually wanted.
PS4 isn't that much better. I had a helluva time one movie night just figuring out how to launch a Blu-Ray.

Huh? You just click on the movies icon and it launches... the disc you put in moves to the front of the queue so it's like the first option...

#625 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I still use my PS3 as my main bluray player because of the previous lack of Movie thumbnail, title, and 3D support.

i have a launch ps3 that i waited in line for like 20 hours for hah, missed a day of college classes for it. It runs so loud now like a jet engine I cant watch a full movie on it without it sounding like its going to explode. Even streaming netflix on it makes it sound like a 747. I hardly use it. I've cleaned out the dust and everything in it, not sure why its like that, maybe all of them are? anyone else have that problem with the og ps3?

#645 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

got some sweet gaming stuff in today at work. its from an abandoned storage locker, bought 3 yesterday.
but was so pumped when I found a NEO GEO Pocket Color. and a few not so exciting things that ill add to my collection.
one of the perks of my job
I have owned a MVS for a little over a week and then find a pocket color. Its funny how life works sometimes.
now if I can find some games. I need a magic drop pocket. MD3 is becoming my favorite puzzle game lately, and I love my puzzlers

Magical Drop 3 hardly ever leaves my 2 slot neo goldie, along with Wind Jammers.

#652 7 years ago

Pre orders tomorrow for my local game stop is 10 am, $50 down, limited number available. I work at 8 am so I am boned. Oh well. Good luck!

#669 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I love looking at the boxes and manuals. Nes manuals were especially valuable because back then they included how to play the game. Games like Robocop with some obscure controls only referenced in the manual are pretty tough to finish without it.
I know your bootlegs comment may not have been referring to my Star Fox 2 but I do love that cart. If I loved a Japan only game enough, I might pay for translated cart.

Or star tropics where if you didn't have the manual you couldn't beat an area without the secret code pre Internet.

#684 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just picked up a grey one on target.com if anybody is still looking.

me too! hooray! i tried earlier and everything online said sold out. was hoping for a 249.99 price point but eff it, im a zelda freak.

#688 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

according to one of the gamestop managers that I know, the master editions haven't been put into their system yet. it will retail for 129.99usd and the only thing that it includes that the special edition does not is the master sword statue

it was on the website to "pre-order" this morning but whenever i went to check out it would delete it from my cart. now the pre-order tab has been removed and it says not available. i opted to order the special edition and if the master comes back up i will cancel the special and order the master. sucks how much of this shit gets bought up by scalpers that dont give a rip about anything but making a quick buck.

#689 7 years ago

best buy master edition just went live, just got one , gogogogogtogog

#694 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Speaks volumes that we've already dumped Switch into the Vintage Gaming Club.

meh, its like minded console collectors/players talking about the latest news in the gaming world.

Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

Congrats! Stupid meeting at work made me miss this. Oh well, I am still happy to get the special edition. I really like the carrying case.

yeah, i just hope best buy doesnt screw me and cancel my preorder cause they over sold it or something, that has happened with them in the past.

#697 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I hate pre-ordering special editions from Bestbuy. Been screwed over twice. The one I remember though, is I went up to customer service to pick up, and the lady brought me the regular version. I said, no, that's not the one. She said, it's X though. Yes, it is, but look at the price, what I ordered is more than that. Then she called over the manager who did and said the EXACT same thing that she did. "But this is X though." Again, yes, but look at the price, mine is the special edition. So the manager went over to the shelf, looked, and then came back and said, "We had a midnight launch last night. We must have sold it then. Would you like the regular version?" No, I will be getting a full refund and purchasing the regular version from someone else.
10 years ago. I'm not bitter anymore.

wow, yeah, I opted to have it shipped rather than in store pickup to keep it out of their hands hah. I might not get it on launch day but if I actually receive what I ordered, hooray

#702 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're missing out on a lot of great games! Splatoon, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros. U, Rayman Legends, Shantae ....granted, most of these are gonna pop up on the Switch now, but still ...love the Wii U!

I pre-ordered a wii u just based on Rayman Legends, as it was suppose to be a launch title and a console exclusive. Great party game!

#718 7 years ago

The lack of day one available games (I think only 4) and no software packed in would be my concern. If zelda was not a launch title i would not have got one.

#723 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I also expect the WiiU version of Zelda to be canceled.

Is this just a hunch or has this been speculated before? I would be shocked if they canceled it for Wii U. It's also been available for preorder for quit some time for it. They kinda screwed the wii u owners by not releasing any of the special/limited editions for it but I think it will still be released

#725 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I think they'll release Zelda for Wii U. There was speculation they would cancel the GC version of Twilight Princess back in the day when they announced it was coming to Wii also.

Yeah I own both and much prefer the GC with a more traditional controller

#736 7 years ago

I enjoyed all the new mario land/world style games but they are so predictable in nature and design. I would literally have the max amount of lives right away and just be like, "oh I bet there is a secret block here so I'll jump " and bam, it was there. Fun but forgetable games

#750 7 years ago

before new pins were a thing for nes', i would use my game genie to get games to load. it would load the code screen and i wouldnt enter a code but it would jump start the game, where if i just put the game in my nes toaster it would not load.

#757 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

was anyone quick/lucky enough to pre-order a zelda: breath of the wild master collection?

I got one off of best buys website. Refreshed all morning then it finally went up and got one.

#763 7 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

I know I am at least a year late for this, but was anyone a bit disappointed by the Mega Man Legacy Collection? I just bought the game today for the PS4. I know it is suppose to replicate the original NES versions as close as possible but I didn't grow up with those versions which doesn't matter to me. I own the Anniversary Collection for the PS2. I haven't played that game in years but I remember it being much better. Not only did it removes pretty much all of the bugs and glitches from the originals, but it came with 4 more games than the Legacy Collection. (Though Mega Man 7 & 8 suck) It also gave an option to play the original 6 in an easier mode if you are a noob like me Anyone else have thoughts?

Never played either collection. Interesting about 6 having an easier mode, growing up I always thought that was the easiest Mega Man on nes by far.

#806 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

....I don't get why so many people are freaking crap over Nintendo moving onto their next console. Every company does this, a few companies will make a few more games ie. madden nfl for ps3 etc but once the new console is out there is almost zero money to be made on the prior console.

not crapping just confirming speculation from earlier in this thread.

#810 7 years ago

unfortunately my wii u has been relegated to play netflix, i havent used it to play a game in a very long time. pre-ordered it as well, never really had a killer game imo. the marios were all rehash blah blah forgetable games, no new zelda just remakes, smash and mario kart were really good. was there even a metroid? No. Star Fox got shit on in reviews with the horrible controls. woulda loved a new rouge squadron type game. No original ips, i guess splatoon got some love, havent tried it. Rayman was a launch game and probably the one I enjoyed the most. Donkey Kong was pretty good. So yeah, 3-5 games worth playing lol. Any major 3rd party game would be better suited on the other two consoles.

#816 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe it's because it takes me forever to get through games - but I was more than happy with my Wii U games. Here's what I've got, physical and digital:

What would you recommend between Kirby and the Rainbow Curse or Yoshi's Woolly World?

#824 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I agree it's kind of weird and silly but interesting. It's like that game doesn't have a home because it was released on both consoles and both have flaws because of the system they are on.
I've actually never played through Twilight Princess. After all of the whining and crying for a more realistic Zelda than Wind Waker I found Wink Waker to be more interesting and memorable.

Im a huge fan of the top down Zeldas. A link to the past is my fav but the new, A Link Between Worlds on 3ds is fantastic. Minish Cap is also super good. I enjoy them more than the 3d Zeldas.

#829 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

They did that because ALTTP was on GBA at the time and if you had a GB Player you could play it on the TV.
I was one of those fools that had all of that stuff.

Heck yeah! I played ALTTP on my GBA in highschool in the back of the classroom lol.

I never checked cause I dont buy the virtual console games but i would assume you can get ALTTP on wii or wii u or 3ds store? Or is it not on there?

Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm a huge side scrolling Zelda fan and we have been neglected the longest. Give me a Zelda II sequel!

I don't think you can get a Zelda II sequel because it is the end of the timeline when Ganon's revival was prevented. /end being a smartass

#842 7 years ago

tri force heroes on 3ds is the newest. prior to that the newest was a link between worlds for 3ds.

#854 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I know someone's just itching to buy my copies of Zelda: Wand of Gamelon...lol. I have two. Help me pay for going to TPF. (Yes, it's still expensive as f.... for me to take basically a week off work, rent a truck, take my games, and we stay in the hotel so we don't have to drive 50 miles every day...)

i like to pretend those games dont exist

shoot me a pm if you have anymore of those snes/nes/n64 games for sale, next pay day i might have to splurge again

#856 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Really?! I just modded mine to have about 60... but this is awesome! Did they even make 550 nes games? Haha.
» YouTube video

yeah there are like 713 known licensed game titles i think, and a bunch of unlicensed ones.

edit: but there are def not 550 worth playing lol.

#871 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Skyward Sword? I wouldn't really consider Hyrule Warriors an "exclusive Zelda game" in the sense that it's a Zelda game for the masses. It's more like a dynasty warriors game's reskin and love letter to the Zelda series.

It's also on 3ds so not exclusive to the console

#877 7 years ago

if your looking to pre-order a switch pro controller, GameStop has preorders now! Just ordered one. Amazons sold out instantly. No telling how long gamestops with be available.

#884 7 years ago

Spirit tracks is the only one I couldn't stomach and play thru, it's just shit and shouldn't have been made lol

#887 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I never tried the DS Zeldas. I didn't like the idea of using the stylus to move around. Link Between Worlds on 3DS is fantastic, though - it's the legit follow up to SNES Zelda.

Link between world's is magical

#901 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

phantom hourglass really knocked it out of the park too with the ability to pack a huge world into the tiny handheld as well as taking advantage of all that the DS had to offer without those features feeling "bolted on"

I remember the part in PH where it tells you to yell into the mic to do something, and it was really early in the morning and I was playing and I didnt want to scream and wake up my roommate lol, then it shows you how you can just snap your fingers infront of the mic lol. duh. felt like an idoit

#909 7 years ago

If it was not for nostalgia and the feeling I had as a kid buying a Link to the Past new and enjoying it for like my entire life, I would say a Link between Worlds is a better game, cause it really is. The 3ds xl's or whatever the newest ones are called screens are actually pretty large and the console is big enough to fit an adults hands and not make you cramp up like a gba would.

#929 7 years ago

I rgb modded my N64 and have it hooked up to my PVM with an SCART cable. Pretty happy with it. SNES with SCART in RGB on a PVM is mind blowing awesome, the N64 leap wasnt as drastic in my opinion, but its still pretty good looking.

#931 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm playing on a 1080p projector, and N64 in 1080p with scanlines looks awesome.

Nice I bet that is awesome

#938 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I have to admit this is the only part of the Switch that actually caught my eye. I think rumble has been a piece of kitsch for years. Very ineffective at doing what it was supposed to IMO. They seem to be solving two issues at the same time...first of all making it more "granular" I guess, and being able to have it do something that's obviously NOT "OH HEY THERE'S A HUGE OFFCENTER WEIGHT IN THERE" ...I hope.... and then also, having feedback in BOTH hands, not just on one side of the controller. Playing modern games without rumble just makes the whole thing feel sterile to me, but on the flipside, it's not like it's doing anything impressive currently either! Advancements here that seem like something actually new would be very welcome.

Speaking of controller features that are meh... whats the deal with the "touchpad" in the middle of the ps4 controller actually do, I have yet to play a game that it was integral part at all. I think killzone did a few things with it at launch but other than that I dont think ive used it really at all...

#941 7 years ago

Yeah the vita has the back touch pad that is useless and clumsy to try and use when a game does implement it.

#961 7 years ago

There is no way the bom on this is very high at all. they are slayin it with em if they could keep them on shelves.

#964 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I almost beat super C yesterday. Been trying for a while, Regular contra I have done without dying but Super C is a tough one.
I also finally got a copy of Contra Hard Corps the other day. never played it before and I have to say I'm impressed.
now the only contra's I'm missing are the playstation ones which isn't a bad thing
one of my favorite series for sure, and now I'm on a little sega genesis kick

Do you have Operation C on gameboy? its pretty good. The DS one is alright too

#982 7 years ago

if you were waiting for the deluxe guide for zelda: botw it is up on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Breath-Complete-Official/dp/1911015214/ref=sr_1_2

1 week later
#993 7 years ago

My Zelda master sword edition just shipped from Best Buy, hooray! Anyone getting bomberman? I have it and zelda coming at the moment.

#994 7 years ago

TOMORROW! im really excited. Like, more than I have been for awhile for a console video game or system. My Zelda Master Sword is out for delivery right now! Picking up my Switch at the Midnight release at Gamestop tonight.

Apparently they are doing friend codes again O_o

I'll post some pics of the goodies when I get it

#1001 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

As someone who has an unnatural obsession with Zelda, I'm probably going to pick up a copy of Zelda for both the switch AND the Wii U.
Down the road, one of them is bound to be collectable--just like the rare Twilight Princess for the GameCube.

Yeah, I have both (well now all 3) versions of Twilight Princess and same with this. I own every zelda game except the cdi stuff lol

#1016 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Okay, this is the place, then? Cool!
School me on this other Bomberman for the 64! Is it more traditional than the one I was talking about?
Xbox Live Arcade had a good 8P online version of Bomberman...

Thanks for coming over!

Quoted from northvibe:

N64:
Bomberman
Bomberman The Second Attack!
Looking at game values...I say second attack is better? They want like $150 for the game!

There is also Bomberman Hero.
Bomberman 64 is legit, I forgot about 2nd wave, foolish me.

Bomberman Hero is like an adventure game and lacks multiplayer, so def stick to 64 or 2nd attack.

#1018 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ah, kinda hero kinda like star fox where it is an adventure game.
I have only played a little bit of bomberman on my ds or psp, nesc? I liked it. I'd totally snap up bomberman for switch... After Curling tonight I'm gonna see if walmart's line for the switch is too long... I'll wait a few hours for it

its an ok enough game I guess but bomberman is meant to be a party game in my opinion. That is why I got it on launch, Zelda to play by myself and bomberman for a day 1 multiplayer game. I dont think that 1-2Switch game looks worth it to me.

#1021 7 years ago

Ive spent the most time on Super Bomberman 2 on SNES with the multi-tap action, but Bomberman 64 is pretty fun for sure

Never had the xbla version as I dont have an xbox.

My one grip with the Switch version from the videos ive seen is the camera being weird and floating around the map, not staying fixed. seems like a dumb feature and you cant switch it to a fixed pov...

#1023 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I remember the SNES version having slowdown, and other versions having weird things that messed up gameplay, but not seen anything newer than Saturn so not sure how the modern consoles did it.

I love the slowdown on some games on the snes lol. Like in Gradius III, on some of the levels when you have all your shit going and shooting a ton of bullets and there are a bunch of enemies on screen it slows down and you can dodge stuff way easier. If you die and lose all your power ups, at full speed its almost impossible to beat some levels haha

#1026 7 years ago

My switch is updating..... can't wait. Stupid work tomorrow

#1029 7 years ago

First impressions after playing into the wee hours last night and a little before work:

Zelda: Breath of the Wild is potentially game of the decade.

Pro Controller on the TV is an amazing experience

Switch as a handheld is serviceable but not as enjoyable.

Graphics are def a grade below the PS4 I have, the art style of zelda is great tho but not sure how AAA titles as ports will work out.

The unit is pretty small without the joycons on it. Everything feels of quality build

I'll post some pics of my master sword edition goodies in a minute.

Finally a 3d zelda game that doesnt hold your hand for an hour before you start exploring and enjoying the game

#1030 7 years ago

Goodies:

20170302_170748 (resized).jpg20170302_170748 (resized).jpg
20170302_170758 (resized).jpg20170302_170758 (resized).jpg
20170302_170808 (resized).jpg20170302_170808 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170303_002333 (resized).jpgIMG_20170303_002333 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170303_002434 (resized).jpgIMG_20170303_002434 (resized).jpg

#1033 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

To all you lucky Switch owners: is the eshop up and running? If so, anything interesting? Any Virtual Console stuff?

only things last night you could buy were release titles

no apps

no virtual console stuff

#1047 7 years ago

Bomberman is really fun. I have a pro controller so we can play 3 people at my place. had some friends over and we played friday night. passed the controller if you got last place.

The tiny controllers actually arent that horrible to play with. The added piece from the strap really does make a big difference.

Online so far has been hit or miss with the lag. Youll walk into bombs that have no fire or the fire is gone on the screen but it still hits you. or it just takes like a few sec for you to move the way you want to. not good for a frantic game.

The floating camera sucks in the campaign, you can turn it to fixed for multiplayer but not campaign. Coop is fun as well.

You dont get a ton of maps but you can unlock a large number with points you earn from playing online and winning or beating stages in campaign.

Zelda is a masterpiece. I'm probably 30 hours in and havent even unlocked most of the world map. Maybe 25%?

#1052 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I would have thought Zelda would have been clearly sold out. Figured it'd be the game everyone bought, even if they were waiting for a system.

I am guessing zelda is not sold out because they made some many of them knowing it was gonna be a hit and all the retailers bought a ton of copies, where bomberman is less likely to move units / systems so retailers had less copies, but it is the only recognizable franchise for a traditional multiplayer game at launch so people snagged it up. I always preorder early on amazon to get the prime discount and if i decide against it, cancel a few days before launch and dont get charged.

#1053 7 years ago

Looks like they got out of the gate with the Switch by having Nintendo's best launch. lets see if they can keep the momentum.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/07/switch-launch-sales-in-the-americas-are-nintendoas-best-ever

Looking forward to these titles in the coming months
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (April 28th)
Ultra Street Fighter II (May 26th)
Shakedown Hawaii (April or May)

#1058 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Fusion was a gameboy game, right?

GBA

#1060 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I see. Damn that's a long time to wait for some Metroid satisfaction!

Yeah, that was the last Metroid I really enjoyed. I had high hopes for Metroid: Other M for Wii but I thought it was bleh. Did not even finish it, I don't think I got very far at all. Oh well.

#1068 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Interesting. I knew that Amazon offered discounts on games for pre-ordering if you have Prime. But I saw that Bomberman was back in stock from Amazon, and it's $10 because I have Prime. Didn't check out any other games yet, but that's cool if they extend the discount post-release.

its usually the first week of release you get the discount. zelda is $48 still for prime members

1 week later
#1077 7 years ago

Nope, loving every moment of it!

Inventory management is an important ability in the game but i've always had a pretty full inventory to choose from. Have you expanded your inventory with the korok seeds? I've beat 2 Divine Beasts and found the Master Sword and just been exploring and doing random things.

When it is lightning out just take off all your metal equipment and you wont get struck...
If you are bummed you cant climb something when its raining just throw down some wood and hit some flint with your sword and it will start a fire and you can advance to the next day. Just do it under a tree so the rain doesnt put it out right away.

#1079 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Pretty sure I'm not far at all. I have 4-5 main quests in my journal. Although some kinda feel like a side quest because I come across them on my way to somewhere, but show up under the main quest menu.
I've got the camera, and now I have to find the same locations shown in the album. And I think that's where I've decided that I would try to find shines and climb those towers to see if I can stumble across those locations.
But that's been what's hurting my fun the most. Guess I should look up to see where those spots are, so that I can progress in the main story.

ive only found like 3 of those pictures. There is a guy at some towns and most stables that is painting pictures. He will look at your photo album and give clues to where the pic was taken at. You have to do the first one to start him moving to other places. The first one is in Kakariko Village. Once youve gotten the picture he wants, he will appear at stables and give your clues to where other memories are at.

1 week later
#1088 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Anyone else pre-ordering Paprium? I just ordered a Limited Edition. I'm not sure how limited it will be, but it looks like a great game and I'd be shocked if it were to depreciate in value. Not buying it because of that, but it helps to justify the $89 price for a genesis game.
http://www.paprium.com/

Sweet, I might be in. I got watermelons Pier Solar a few years back and was impressed. This looks really nice!

2 weeks later
#1148 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

There was one gray-con Switch today at Target in the display case.....I'm waiting to get mine off Amazon since I have over half the price of it in GCs credit but I'm not paying scalpers prices. Plus I want the colored version....maybe the Nintendo direct today will announce a nice bundle with one of the newer games coming out that I can grab.

rumor is a mario kart bundle is a coming. there is a nintendo direct today so we may find out soon

#1160 7 years ago

guess ill never get one. never even saw one on a shelf ha. i think its neat but not worth the scalper price and i have a library of about 300 actual nes carts to play

1 week later
#1176 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Puyo Puyo Tetris Today
I might be the only person excited about this but who cares

i thought about getting it but friday is mario kart so yay! but i will be at the Cactus Jacks Silverball Showdown so I wont be able to play it until monday

#1183 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I went though a GBA spree a few years ago. I was a huge fan of the SNES but missed most of the handheld stuff.

SNES is my fav console, and the GBA is like a portable SNES, so many great games!

#1186 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Any games I should be on the hunt for?

these for sure:
zelda: minish cap
metroid: fusion
Metroid: zero mission
the golden suns
tactics ogre
the castlevanias
the fire emblems
kirby and the amazing mirror

#1203 6 years ago

Played all the new battle mode stuff in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe last night. Super fun!

#1207 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Super Fun? Super frustrating! I've played quite a few races and battles online, and I don't think I've finished any higher than 9th online. I can't get any traction. As soon as I start moving, I get hit with something.

Hmm I'm played local multiplayer so not sure how the online stuff works.

#1213 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Suppose local multiplayer would be funner. I need to find some friends.
Online is just too chaotic. Too many people, and too many available power ups for that many people. Wish there was a way to filter out race types. Like: No Power Ups, Only boosters, Very limited offensive power ups.

local you can change a lot of those options, maybe the host of the multiplayer games online can set those as well?

#1216 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I think it's all randomly generated by the Nintendo servers. You just tell it if you want to race people regionally (looks to be people within your same continent, because I've raced people from Canada and Mexico) or Worldwide, and then are given the option of three different maps, and then the server picks the game type (battle) or speed (race. only seen 100 and 150).
I haven't seen an option to host my own online race. So I think they just do everything for you.

thats super disappointing. Thankfully I can play locally and have a friend with a switch as well for more controllers.

#1231 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Hey, if they would just admit to everyone "BTW, we're done catering to our once-core audience, you guys can move on now" I'd stop hoping that they'll come around, at least. As it is, the only reason I'm going to buy a Switch to date is....Zelda and maaaaaybe Bomberman? :\ I don't even know why I'm going to waste the money on Zelda. I couldn't be arsed to finish Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess....both of them were just that awful to me. There was nothing to draw me in, and I gave up after probably less than 20 hours... just like I felt like Majora's Mask was a soulless shart after Ocarina of Time. I'm not sure I have enough faith left in Nintendo to gamble 500 bucks on them being able to produce a AAA game anymore. Clearly my opinion diverges wildly from what people find "good" anymore.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on 3DS is beyond amazing. If you haven't played it yet I would highly recommend getting it. It takes everything great from A Link to the Past and builds on it. To me, Zelda is at its best in top down format but BoTW is also insanely good imo.

#1242 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Hey Frax, did you like Wind Waker? You skipped over that one.
My fave Zeldas are the oddballs, WW and Zelda 2 plus LTTP. I didn't play OoT till years later so I never thought it was mindblowing. It was enjoyable though. I've started a lot of the others but never finished them.

Minish Cap is great on GBA as well.

1 week later
#1264 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It starts...I have Battle Kid 2, Iron Commando, Paprium, and Pier Solar on order. I've actually owned Pier Solar in the past; but when it started going for crazy money I traded that away.

I have a first run of Pier Solar but havent finished it

1 week later
#1266 6 years ago

Anyone else getting Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers for Switch on Friday?

#1268 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Any information if it will be released on other systems or PC? I'd love to have it, but I don't have a switch.

switch exclusive

#1272 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

My son and his friends have been enjoying some classics. Bubble Bobble is a big hit as is Rampage.

Bubble bobble is One of the few arcade games I've had (over 30) that I regret selling

1 week later
#1273 6 years ago

hope nintendo takes notes for if/when they make the snes classic:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/09/sega-genesis-flashback-console-includes-85-games-cartridge-support

can play actual cartridges and has wireless controllers packed in.

1 week later
#1285 6 years ago

So I preordered and imported the Seiken Densetsu Collection on Nintendo Switch. Its the first 3 games in the Secert of Mana series. When I preordered it Tokyo Pop listed that it would have an option to switch it to English. Nope. Haha. I cannot read Japanese. I can manage my way thru the first two titles since they had an American release and I know those games pretty well, but I bought this to play the 3rd installment that never made it over here. It has way to many menus and options and shit to figure out without being able to understand the language. Oh well.

Might sell/trade it if anyone thinks they can manage.

It has a cool feature on the title page menu that you can play the music from the 3 games, and there are some really good tunes!

1 week later
#1288 6 years ago

Picked up God Wars: Future Past on ps4. Pretty solid turned based strategy rpg in the vain of final fantasy tactics. Very old school feel. Only a few hours in but its solid so far.

#1295 6 years ago

100% agree. downloaded sonic when i heard about it the other day and deleted it after like 5 minutes of play. too difficult to control properly.

#1302 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

snes mini announced
has a finished star fox 2 on it
nice list of games only dud to me is Kirby dreamcourse but its an alright game

Kirby's dream course is such a fun multiplayer game!

also, yes, I doubt I will acquire one just as the nes classic was unavailable at retail price.

#1321 6 years ago

So how long till hackers extract the Star Fox 2 code and put it on an snes cart to play on an og snes?

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes. It's complete. The roms out there are early test versions that have been fan hacked to work better.

To do this, they'd need a donor SFX cart. Unfortunately the Everdrive cannot play SFX games and SD2SNES might in the future, but currently can't.

fortunately i said an OG snes, like an original super Nintendo entertainment system. Fortunately Stunt Race FX sucks, I'm sure the world would not care for less of them in existence.

#1332 6 years ago

have you guys seen this yet? turn your smartphone (android) into a gameboy/gameboy color

http://hyperkinlab.com/smartboy-development-kit/

#1341 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

the feel of it moving is definitely it's own. I actually am meh on the joycons. I have a switch pro controller and love that for gameplaying. The joycons I only use when I'm mobile, and they are "fine". But man that pro controller is nice Just wish they would of had an analog trigger for some GCN VC

Yeah, I got a pro controller on launch, so glad I did. I never even set up the "normal" control of the two joycons in the plastic handle thingy until mario kart came out. feels way shitty compared to the pro controller hah. Its nice to play a nintendo console with a real controller for the first time in awhile. The pro controller is just great. SFII sucks with the joycons imo which sucks for the portable nature of the system and that game in particular.

#1342 6 years ago

Also, tomorrow night I'm going to this:

https://tickets.coloradosymphony.org/single/eventDetail.aspx?p=4459

super stoked haha #nerdlyfe

for those who dont click links, its the Colorado Symphony : Legend of Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses

#1347 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hey if you get the wiiu usb gamecube adapter you can use GCN controllers on the switch while docked!

I've been waiting for gamestop to get one in stock for awhile, but caved and bought a used one today after you mentioned this.

their website is having a buy 2 used get 1 free event. starts today if you are a power up rewards member, tomorrow if you arent
bought it and 2 used n64 controllers, hoping they dont suck but they were only 12 bucks and got 1 free so meh. Rollin the dice, the used ones locally at the game stores are 20 bucks so if I can make 1 good one outta the two that would be fine with me.

3 weeks later
#1380 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did anyone manage to get in on the SNES Classic online preorder from Walmart that was up briefly last night?

I got one. I was in the middle of a laser dome show at the museum in fort Collins when I got the email for the preorder and I did it right there, whipped out my wallet and got it! I missed the nes but at least I got an snes

#1399 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Will do.
now I need to RGB mod my 64

I rbg modded my 64 to play on my Sony PVM using RBG Scart cables. pretty nice, not as big of a jump in my opinion as the SNES is with the Scart cables tho.

1 week later
#1406 6 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

nice price on a sealed mario the other day.. http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/07/28/sealed-copy-super-mario-bros-fetches-30k-on-ebay.html
And to answer some questions in advance the price was higher than expected but paid for, and due to it being a factory sealed early variant.

ill sell my opened cib copy for 90% off

#1415 6 years ago

My buddy has a used game store in a small town in Nebraska and has a ton of PS2 stuff. His email is [email protected]
He's on here aswell but doesn't log in ever so best to email him rather than pm.

#1418 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

A million years ago my father owned a chain of dry-cleaners in western Nebraska, one of which was in that small town. My grandparents lived there too for a while, caretakers for the Methodist church camp in the hills on the south side of town. It always makes me happy to see pinsiders from that part of the country.

That's cool, yeah I grew up in Chadron. Not a horrible place to grow up. I lived in the country out by the state park. pretty nice area for Nebraska! I did get the hell outta their tho once I was able to

1 week later
#1421 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Even if its on new consoles....
Sonic Mania Is The Shit

I have the collectors edition for ps4 waiting for me when i get home from work. pretty stoked for it.

#1423 6 years ago

I bailed on the collectors edition n cancelled my preorder...seen the unboxing n didn't need that big sonic genesis combo statue hanging around. I did pick the download up on Switch...it's great!! Plus it's on the go with Switch.

I'm a sucker for collectibles haha. I am hedging my bets that they will release a physical copy of the game down the road and then im going to pick it up for switch. Or I might sell the ps4 download code and get the switch one, havent decided yet. Amazon had the ps4 in stock for the prime preorder discount but not the switch (when i ordered) so i went ps4, but would rather have it on the go.

#1426 6 years ago

So if someone wants to buy my Sonic mania PS4 game code for $15 let me know (retails $20), I've decided to get it for switch so I can play it on the go.

edit: Code sold

#1436 6 years ago

I got a notification while driving back from the solar eclipse in Wyoming. Got it in my cart like 3 times and never was able to check out

#1449 6 years ago

IGN said target sold out in 30 seconds. Missed them all hooray

1 week later
#1462 6 years ago

hmm, im a huge street fighter nut. i mean i have the pin and dont hate it. I have pretty much every sfii arcade board, all the hacks and shit. i have a sfii slot machine. i have one of those rare sfii arcade piggybank thingys. i dont see the point in buying this.

also check out this sweet warning at the bottom of the listing:

"WARNING: Use of this reproduction game cartridge (the “Product”) on the SNES gaming hardware may cause the SNES console to overheat or catch fire. The SNES hardware is deemed a vintage collectible, so please exercise extreme caution when using the Product and make sure there is fire extinguishment equipment nearby. Use of the Product is at the sole risk of the user. The Product is sold “as is”. Neither iam8bit, Inc. nor Capcom Co, Ltd. make any representation or warranty, express or implied, of any kind, including any warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular use, or that the Product is safe to use, and iam8bit, Inc. or Capcom Co, Ltd. shall have no liability for damage to property or persons arising from use of the Product. Nintendo of America is in no way associated with the release of this Product"

#1464 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

What in the hell?!
Was really interested in buying one. Now.....absolutely not. Thanks for catching that.

the only reason i would buy it is to hope to get the rarer blanka edition cause it will probably go up in value, but id never play it and could use $100 more than a collectible at this point

1 week later
#1472 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Just announced
Snes classic will ship with more units then nes classic in 2017 and nesc will relaunch in summer 2018

great news, source?

1 week later
#1495 6 years ago

Samus Returns on 3ds is awesome

I have the game on gameboy but this remake is so good. The graphics rock and the bottom screen being the map is really nice. Highly recommend if you like metroidvania games and missed out on this one back in the day.

#1497 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I just started Dark Souls 4...err...Breath of the Wild last week, MvC Infinite just came out, Metroid just came out, and the SNES Classic comes out in a week. Oh, and money is tight. Very tight.
FML?

Yeah I passed on MvC infinite even tho I'm a big fan of the series (have a Capcom big blue cab with mvc2 in it) how is it?

I need to finish a bunch of games before Super Mario Odyssey comes out next month too hah.

#1501 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah I checked the inventory checker sites before Target took their numbers down, and some stores near me were showing over a hundred units per store...some with 250!!!!!!I think if I get there a little early, it should be fine even if there's a line.

i wonder how 24/7 walmarts will do a line... hmm... I might have to show up thursday night and find out. I work before all the other retailers open so that is my only shot

#1507 6 years ago

AGREED! But if you aren't playing it on this bad boy than you are doing it wrong

Nice, I have the Majoras Mask 3ds

#1515 6 years ago

Made the cut at Walmart they have 26 and I'm 19th in line. Playing Metroid Samus Returns in a bean bag chair haha

#1525 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Saw a headline that the StarFox 2 Rom will play on the RetroPie. Hoping I can find it somewhere tonight. Also, kinda worried about my SNES Classic. Pre-ordered through Walmart. Got an email about a month ago saying that the delivery date will be this monday. Haven't heard a word or seen an update since.

was it the first or second wave of preorders cause they canceled all the original preorders. I didnt know they ever did a second wave.

#1527 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Second wave. It was a really quick pre-order. I think they sold out in like 10 mins. Looked up my order info, and says it's preparing for shipment. So they still have the order.
Also looked up info about Star Fox 2. Found this a bit odd. Wonder why they did this? If this is true, there's going to be a lot of angry fans who didn't know this.
"An unreleased sequel to one of the SNES' best loved games, Star Fox 2 isn't immediately accessible when you switch on your new mini-gaming machine. In order to unlock the game, you'll need to beat the first level of the original Star Fox. Yep, it's as simple as that. If you just play through the first level, then go back to the main menu of the SNES Classic Mini, you'll have access to the sequel."
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/09/29/how-to-unlock-star-fox-2-on-the-snes-classic-mini

Nice, yeah some websites dont guarantee launch day stuff on preorders if you dont pay extra for the shipping on it. sucks you have to wait the weekend out but you should still get it!

#1528 6 years ago

Changed my disguise and went back for a 2nd one
They had 67 of them.

I hope that is for a friend/family member and not to scalp

#1533 6 years ago

Its for a buddy of mine....I have my own scalp to worry about
Seriously tho I don’t see the value in these systems that way.....I’ll just enjoy playing it not staring at it.

That's cool, it just sucks this day and age where everything gets bought up instantly by scalpers with bots. New release systems, concert/sport tickets, etc... just depressing.

A breath of fresh air was this concert I bought tickets to coming up, no fees at checkout and no way to sell the tickets as they are tied to your id to prevent resellers.

#1540 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Best Buy put a huge-ass in-store pickup non removeable sticker over the face of the box that my wife picked up today. Seriously thinking about trying to find another one then returning the preorder one and letting them deal with the fact that they will rip off 50% of the front face art of the package if they try to remove it.

Yeah best buy does that. If i preorder thru them i have it shipped. they fuck up amiibo boxes all the time

#1544 6 years ago

really happy with how nice the box is. really classic look and great art and quality. not like those sega or atari console boxes that look cheap and lame imo

#1562 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Yeah, most of the SHMUP carts back then suffered greatly when there was an overload of stuff on the screen. On the rare occasion it helped you navigate all the treachery but, more often than not, it got you killed.
I was just hoping with today’s technology it would’ve solved that problem since those games (like Contra III,) aren’t actually dealing with the shortcomings of their respective PCBs anymore.
I remember specifically when SFII Turbo came out for the SNES it was a big deal that the cart had 20 MEGS(!!!) at it’s disposal, which was the largest cart to date (I think,) for the system.
Far cry from triple digit Neo Geo numbers, but a crap-ton better than the previous SFII port.

I love the slowdown in gradius iii. It's like the only way you can beat it haha. If you die and lose all your powerups the slowdown doesn't happen and you can't get thru certain areas unless you are flawless cause shit happens so fast

1 week later
#1567 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Tools were released yesterday to hack in more games. About 75% of games work through the tool on the stock emulator. Most others work through RetroArch. Seems there's about space for 120 or so games to be added, thanks to compression. Ninty didn't add additional storage space over the NES Classic, unfortunately for us all, and the provided games are in a non-writeable partition that can't be dicked with, so you can't compress those to save any space either.
Lots of info on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmods/

hmm, have you had success on yours or have you tried it yet? So you have to add another emulator to the snes mini to make some games work?

#1569 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

This is no different than what was done with the NES mini. It's the same tool, just updated for the SNES Mini. You don't HAVE to install Retroarch, but IMO you'd be dumb not to. For one, the base copy of it gives you access to SNES9x and NES emulators, so you can load SNES roms. Second, you can specify in Hakchi2 with a command line modifier if games should be forced into using Retroarch, because they have issues with the built in emulator (Canoe). Third, you can add optional packages to play TurboGrafix, Sega Master System, Game Boy/GBC/GBA, Capcom CPS2 games, older arcade games, etc etc.....but the more emulators you add at a time, the less space you have for games. It's really easy to just hook back up to the computer and remove games when you're done, and to swap out the installed emulators to preserve space. The updated kernel also offers some convenience things, like being able to hold down and select to get back to the games menu without having to go physically press the reset button on the mini.
You don't need to open the shell, no physical modification required.
Yes, I've added (and still have space for plenty more!):
Tetris Attack
Terranigma
Lagoon
Super Bomberman 2
Donkey Kong Country 2/3
Star Ocean
Puzzle Bobble
King of Monsters 1/2
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Final Fantasy '2'
Final Fantasy 5 (romhack patched to english)
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Killer Instinct
Actraiser
Chrono Trigger
E.V.O.
Gradius 3
Mega Man X2 / X3
Raiden Trad (untested so far)
Super High Impact
Secret of Evermore
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Godzilla (my version will not load in either emulator..pretty sure. I need to take a look and see if I have it forced into RA or not)

i missed out on the nes mini and didnt pay scalpers prices so i have no experience

i read all the reddit stuff yesterday and downloaded a bunch of roms and hackchi2. hopefully ill be able to get it all going today.

definitely ready for Terranigma and Secert of Mana 2

#1571 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

SoM 3, you mean? "Secret of Mana" *is* Seiken Densetsu 2.

I suppose. in the us the first one is Final Fantasy Adventure on gameboy and then Secret of Mana on snes.

I bought the Seiken Densetsu switch collection and imported it because when I preordered it the listing said it had english subtitles but alas, its all in japanese haha. But yeah I guess I call it Seiken Densetsu 3 or Secert of Mana 2 O_o

2 weeks later
#1580 6 years ago

Who else is stoked for Super Mario Odyssey coming out tomorrow?? Getting great reviews

#1583 6 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

super pumped for this game! we did the amazon prime preorder and saved 12 bucks...
also got lucky last week and finally scored a SNES MINI with the target restock (across the street from my work).

Yeah i did the best buy preorder with the gamer club for the 12 bucks off cause you get a cool collectible coin with it haha. I'll pick it up on my lunch break. cant wait to check it out!

#1588 6 years ago

Mario is freaking amazing. Nintendo is killing it! Zelda crushed, Metroid Samus Returns (even tho it was a remake) was phenomenal and Mario Odyssey is just a pure joy to play and reminds me of being a kid playing mario 64 trying to get all the stars, except there are so many freaking moons in ingenious locations! Going to take a long while to find them all (without any cheating!)

I feel the Switch is the first must own Nintendo home console since the 64. The gamecube, wii and wii u (which I have all 3) didnt bring it like the Switch is.

#1591 6 years ago

I went to several stores this weekend and everyone had plenty of switches in stock (maybe they did an influx of supply for the mario release)

still havent seen the restock of the snes classic like they said would happen

2 weeks later
#1621 6 years ago

looks like sonic mania is gonna get a physical release for at least Switch which im stoked about.

http://n4g.com/news/2119389/sonic-mania-physical-release-coming-soon

#1625 6 years ago

I bought the collectors edition on ps4 but sold the code so i could get a physical release that was rumored, looks like it paid off!

1 week later
#1638 6 years ago

Selling a nib Zelda breath of the wild for switch with the special edition art on it $40 shipped
Bought a special edition for the swag and have the game already20171124_201127 (resized).jpg20171124_201127 (resized).jpg20171124_201134 (resized).jpg20171124_201134 (resized).jpg

Added over 6 years ago: EDIT: SOLD

2 weeks later
#1649 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Anyone fool around with adding games to their snes classic? Just finally picked one up.

I've done it for myself and 3 friends. Pretty easy and happy with the results!

#1659 6 years ago

FYI if ya have a Switch, Stern Pinball Arcade is now available. You can download for free and get Frankenstein for free and buy tables individually, or get the physical copy for a bunch of games.

#1663 6 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

how does it play?
do you take the joy cons off and play with the screen vertical? could be fun.

didnt get it yet

still have some mario left to explore and picked up tiny barbarian dx and retro city rampage dx. both came with physical instruction manuals which is a nice touch.

3 weeks later
#1683 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

What else you got? I know of Kirby, Pokemon, Sonic Spinball, was there one or two other Sonic pinball games for the gameboys? Those are the ones I can think of right now.

Kirby's pinball on Game boy is awesome

Pokemon pinball but it's not great

#1686 6 years ago

Scooped up an extra SNES Classic, anyone want to trade for an NES Classic? I can hack in more games for you if ya want. lmk. If not im going to gift it to a friend, not looking to flip it but thought it be cool to get an NES classic if anyone has an extra.

1 week later
#1698 6 years ago

Gunstar Heroes is excellent
Mutant League football and hockey are fun games
Phantasy Star IV
Shining Force II
Contra: Hard Corps
Revenge of Shinobi
Phantasy Star II
the sonic games
Ranger X and Target Earth
Beyond Oasis

if you can get a copy of watermelon games pier solar you should do that as well!

#1701 6 years ago

nice!!

2 months later
#1730 5 years ago

not worth $100 but I think its cool things like this get made. Wonder if they will start on fire like the SFII cart said it might happen hah.

Looks like the SFII ones sell for right around the $100 retail cost, some listed higher but most sales are from 80-110ish

https://store.iam8bit.com/collections/mega-man-cartridge-collection/products/mega-man-2-30th-anniversary-classic-cartridge

https://store.iam8bit.com/collections/mega-man-cartridge-collection/products/mega-man-x-30th-anniversary-classic-cartridge

MM2_STOREIMG_SET (resized).pngMM2_STOREIMG_SET (resized).png
MMX_STOREIMG_SET (resized).pngMMX_STOREIMG_SET (resized).png

3 weeks later
#1739 5 years ago

amazon UK has some NES Classics available for pre-order and they ship to the us. about $65 bucks to get one.

3 months later
#1773 5 years ago

yeah, why open up preorders without a complete list of games. for $100 im a hard no at this point w/o an ac adapter...

#1776 5 years ago

need brave fencer musashi as well! regret selling that one a few years ago when i cleaned out my ps1 library along with symphony of the night and others. oh well.

#1781 5 years ago

I'm more concerned about the shitty controller ... Psx was way better once the dual shocks came out... Literally changed gaming controllers and the standard was set. Why would I want to play on those crap controllers

#1797 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Picked up a PSOne for $20. Mod chip for $7. Just installed it and tested it, and now I can play all the PSX games. Got the addon screen too. And I will say, PSX games look much better when they're smaller.
Really cool thing about this PSOne, looks like it was rarely used. Which is probably true for most all PSOnes since they came out right when the PS2 was out.
[quoted image]

i remember missing out on launch ps2's and bought a psOne over the holidays on the way to my grandmas house for Christmas break and when i got there was able to get a ps2 at the mall and returned the psOne hah.

#1799 5 years ago

i have a few of those lcd screens i used to mod into portable snes with the help of benheck 's book

#1800 5 years ago

Any fellow retro gamers jam out on a PVM?

I have a 19" Sony (ill find the model number later) and have a modded N64 for RGB and an SNES hooked up to it for pure RGB gaming bliss

I highly recommend it if you can find one locally. shipping would be pretty expensive. I got mine from a tv station selling off old equipment a few years back. Came in a sweet travel case that I will never use haha but its big and padded. I guess if I have ever to store it for some reason it will be handy.

I think 19" is the perfect size for retro gaming on old school crts.

#1804 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I have a PVM-20L5. Phenomenal monitor. It’ll do 50 or 60 Hz and it’ll display 240p-1080i. Right now I have a couple switches and I’m running the following consoles via RGB: NES(modded), SNES, N64(modded), Game Cube(modded PAL console), Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Intellivision(modded), Neo Geo AES, PC Engine, PS2, and an Atari Jaguar.
I found the PVM for 20 bucks but it needed repair. I was able to get it running pretty easily. But I have sadly spent a lot of money in cables and switches for the setup.

yeah the cables and switches and mods add up. I really need to mod an NES for it but just havent dedicated the time and money to do so at this point.

Nice work getting it up and running, I dont even remember what I spent on mine but it wasnt more than $100, well worth it. If I see another one pop up id probably snag it just because of how gorgeous their displays are

1 week later
#1816 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

People have "done the math" and determined that CR2032 battery-backed games may last into the 2050's!
I checked this against a 20 year old NBA Live 96 cartridge I have and sure enough, it had only dropped a few hundred millivolts since 1995.
It's one of those situations where the battery may mechanically fail or leak before the voltage itself drops low enough to corrupt the RAM.

did all the nes and snes games use cr2032s or were any other sizes used?

#1823 5 years ago

thats a sweet score if there went for cheap!

2 weeks later
#1842 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

PVM GET!
[quoted image]

Twins?

20181022_112143 (resized).jpg20181022_112143 (resized).jpg

#1845 5 years ago

yeah, those will def be in the clearance bin in no time

#1851 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Full list of games on the PSX Classic released. It's missing some big classics (gran Turismo, FF Tactics etc.), but it has some great games too. I worked on 3 games on the list.
Battle Arena Toshinden
Cool Boarders 2
Destruction Derby
Final Fantasy VII
Grand Theft Auto
Intelligent Qube
Jumping Flash
Metal Gear Solid
Mr Driller
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Rayman
Resident Evil Director's Cut
Revelations: Persona
Ridge Racer Type 4
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Syphon Filter
Tekken 3
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Twisted Metal
Wild Arms

saw this today, yeah not super excited for it. no RE2? did people play jumping flash or mr driller? never even heard some of those...

#1854 5 years ago

no Castlevania Symphony of the Night ?

1 week later
#1878 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

season 2 needs to come ASAP!

it is out

2 weeks later
#1919 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

These are so shitty, they will become incredibly rare in the future, no one will buy this

Well, unwitting parents will unfortunately give this as a gift this Christmas thinking how hot and unobtainable the Nintendo classics used to be and that this is the next big thing

#1939 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Anyone in this thread down for some Unreal Tournament action?

what system? PC?

2 weeks later
#1961 5 years ago

thinking of finally picking up a gamecube game boy player... anyone have any experience with them. looks like the big thing is having the boot disc. see lots of japanese ones online, but from what I gather the peripheral works with a us system, but i would need a us boot disc. does that sound right? might just have to spend a little bit more for a us one with us disc just to not have any issues.

#1963 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

correct, unless your gamecube is japanese or modded, you will need the us game boy player boot disc to use it. regardless, you need some form of the game boy player boot disc to run it, otherwise its just a nice color-matched riser for your game cube system

yeah, I may actually go and get a PAL gamecube for the RGB sync that is already on it for use on my PVM. need to do a little more research before I pull the trigger on anything.

#1968 5 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

What's the going rate for a US Gameboy Player nowadays?

the players are like $25 but the discs will set ya back. some people trying to get $80+ for em on ebay.

#1970 5 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Game boy player is great.
There is a interesting homebrew that opens up the options a bit more

is that the swiss stuff?

#1977 5 years ago

I have a newer GameCube without the data port on the back, so I’m thinking about trading it in to get an older model. I’d like to get the hdmi converter. Think it’s called a mk2 or something like that.
Has anyone bought an hdmi converter for GameCube? Thoughts?

there are a bunch of different DIY mods available as well as a plug and play option.

This is one i know alot of people use, its $150 bucks, here are two links to it

https://castlemaniagames.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fgchd-gamecube-hdmi-adapter-from-eon-gaming

https://stoneagegamer.com/gchd-plug-n-play-hdmi-gamecube-adapter-hd-480p.html

#1978 5 years ago

Just came across this, havent heard anything about it. Commodore 64 mini

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/retro-games-thec64-mini-console-tan-brown/6315934.p?skuId=6315934

apparently came out nov 5th.

#1980 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

There's a total of 2 reviews on that, and they're both 1 stars. Just briefly reading them, they seem to be pretty legit reviews, too.
There have been a lot of manufacturers trying to capitalize on the success that Nintendo had with their mini consoles. One thing is for sure - Nintendo games have aged really well. I'd much rather play an SNES game over practically any PSone game at this point.

yeah, ps1 and n64 graphics didnt age as well as the sprite based games. too jaggy and polygony (not words but you know what i mean )

thats why the GBA is so awesome, fresh take on SNES style games

#1983 5 years ago

Well, ps classic is $60 now at Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy and GameStop.

Wonder how low it'll go

1 week later
#1996 5 years ago

sold a few things on ebay and splurged on a gameboy mirco lol.

now i got that gamecube gameboy player on the pvm at home then can take the game on the go with the tiny micro. way more portable than an gameboy advance sp. hopefully it'll be here monday or tuesday.

#1999 5 years ago

any gameboy advance enthusiasts want to give me some titles that might be a bit more obscure but you really dig?

#2000 5 years ago

I can't really seem to find a definitive answer on this so maybe someone here can clear this up for me.

I have an SCART cable for my NTSC SNES and RGB modded NTSC N64 to hook up to my PVM...

I have a PAL GameCube in route that I am going to install a Xeno GC chip that will make it region free. Will that same SCART cable work with it or will I need a PAL SCART specific cable for this GameCube?

#2006 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Do not use the SNES cable on the Gamecube. The pinout is different and you will send 12V down the sync line and fry your PVM or whatever other components may be in the line to it. I don't know what your setup is like. I did the same thing you're doing, got a PAL cube and slapped a xeno modchip in it. I have my whole setup wired for csync and I use the cables from Retrogamingcables.co.uk Specifically, this one:
https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/nintendo/gamecube/NINTENDO-GAMECUBE-RGB-SCART-CABLE-COMPOSITE-SYNC-CSYNC
People say great things about their "packapunch" cables, but I never used them. At one point, I had 14 consoles daisy-chained through 2 automatic SCART switches and then the audio broken out and ran back across that. Even then, I never had any interference, so I don't think the extra shielding was worth it.

Thanks,
Yeah, that's the cable I was thinking of getting if i needed one. I have mine running thru a SCART switch that is hooked up to the PVM, but definitely dont want to fry anything. Thanks for the confirmation!

Quoted from j_m_:

let's amend this and provide the correct information so that everyone doesn't freak out. so, your sentence *should* read:
Do not use a NTSC SNES/N64/GC cable on a PAL Gamecube. The pinout for pin 3 is different and you will send 12V down the sync line and fry your PVM or whatever other components may be in the line to it.
*CSYNC/Composite Sync is replaced by +12V on PAL SNES and PAL Gamecube consoles (But not the PAL N64)
from: https://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=av:nintendomultiav

Thanks for the info!

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Defiantly get DooM! If nothing else, it's freekin' DooM on a GBA!
And if youy like first person shooters, I'd highly reccomend Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever
And if you're into Pokemon, Pokemon Fire Red or Leaf Green well worth getting. Their updated versions of the original games, but the adventure extends on beyond the originals.
Puzzle games? Super Puzzle Fighter II, or Columns Crown. It's pretty much a one player version of the Classic Columns, with different music and theaming.
Or if you're a fan of the Dreamcast game Chu Chu Rocket, there's a version for GBA (it was literally the very first game I ever saw for the GBA!)
Platform? Super Mario World Advance

Thanks, I will check out a few of those!

#2008 5 years ago

friend and I are gonna try some streaming of retro games. piecing together all the parts we need.

at this point just looking for an Elgato HD60 S if anyone happens to have one they dont use anymore

1 week later
#2013 5 years ago

damn thats dope.

my buddy had like 10 display cases for nes games from like kmart that his ex wife threw away... the vertical ones that you could shuffle thru that held like 10 games or so. real bummer

2 weeks later
#2024 5 years ago

My buddy and I are streaming retro games on Mondays nights on twitch at 10PM Eastern. Playing on real hardware with real software streamed through my Sony PVM 20M2U with RGB SCART cables for a great looking retro stream.

twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

first session was Zombies Ate My Neighbors on SNES and I just got it uploaded on youtube now:

We might do some switch streaming as well tho; we did a practice run of Mario Party on switch on my personal twitch before we did our first real stream.

Here is a peak at my collection, more pics on our instagram at https://www.instagram.com/pure_retro_co/
20190212_171042 (resized).jpg20190212_171042 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#2040 5 years ago

fixed the battery corrosion on a gameboy and then fixed the screen. going to backlight and bivert this bad boy and a few other mods. parts in route.

progress will be posted on my retro instagram if anyone wants to follow along.

instagram.com/pure_retro_co

IMG_20190419_101713_420 (resized).jpgIMG_20190419_101713_420 (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#2053 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

It's that time of year again, where I become obsessed with retro gaming. Got the parts all ready to build a 4th Gameboy Zero, this time with the CM3 Pi board. Also just ordered a BittBoy v3. Was cheap enough to see how well it plays. And if it's terrible, I'm not out a whole lot.
Also just got an GBA SP. Used to have one, then sold it. Now I'm wondering if I had the one with the backlit display, because I don't remember the game looking this bad. But I doubt I did, I got it a year or so after it was released. Now I'm obsessed with finding GBA games. Just ordered a bunch, mainly the pinball ones right now. Will have to swing by the used game stores this weekend to see what I can find.

love the GBA! lots of great games on there!

#2057 4 years ago

the SNES is my favorite system and the GBA is like portable SNES style games. I didnt have much of a collection back in the day when it was available but have been building up a library lately. Have the GBA player on my gamecube with the gameboy player controller and its whats up!

#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Thank goodness for the Konami code. I would have probably destroyed the console if it was only 3 lives.
Also, I SWEAR that there was a code for 99 lives with the original Contra for the NES. Couple years ago I tried to find information on it, and came up with nothing. Then I thought I saw that it was a 2-step process, and the code had to be entered twice really quickly the second time at a certain point.
I never had the game, I always played it at a friends, and we used to be able to beat the game 2 or three times on the number of lives given. Once you beat the game, you can continue with the lives left over.

i think it just gives you 30 lives in Contra, not 99.

2 months later
#2108 4 years ago

My recent retro gaming find was a crt on the side of the road in a rich neighborhood. I picked up a Sony Trinitron KV-27FV310. Some people think these are the best retro SDTV consumer grade tv there is. It has a flat screen so I’ll probably hold on to my older curved screen Sony too, it’s still a very nice model, so I might as well throw it into storage
I’ve still got my eye out for a proper PVM, but I’m not willing to pay eBay prices

nice. ive given away almost all of my crts cause i just dont have room anymore. have a sony 20m2u pvm tho that is a dream! reach out to your local news stations, they probably have them collecting dust somewhere. thats where i got mine!

1 week later
#2120 4 years ago

streamed some Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure for SNES last night on twitch and beat it. what a brutal game with some of the mechanics of the boss fights. the platforming is easy enough but the way enemies knock you back but you dont knock them back is ridiculous, and the amount of frames it takes to do a move really screws you at times. It does have a neat hidden level where you play Piftfall from the 2600 tho which is neat.

https://www.twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

#2128 4 years ago

picked up some acrylic displays for my N64 games. unfortunately 3 games dont fit flush all the way across but these were the best fit to get 2 units on each shelf. You can find these on amazon as nail polish displays. they come with different amounts of shelves and different sizes. I always hated how you couldnt see what game an N64 cart was since they didnt do labels on the top of the carts. I am happy with this solution tho. works pretty good for gameboy games too

20190806_230017 (resized).jpg20190806_230017 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2146 4 years ago

a new game came out for the NES via kick starter called Micro Mages and it has 4 player action. We streamed it last night, really fun, cool game! heres a funny clip of me team killing someone lol

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/491909392

#2148 4 years ago

The hell mode is crazy! Way fun with 4 players, have you gotten 4 together yet ?

#2151 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Just a heads up.
If your local Sears store is closing in your area, check out the fixtures sale.
Multiple duplicates of old component display CRT TV's available for a few bucks.
Also store displays and signs of Playstation, Xbox, Gamecube etc.

that would be way cool to score some display signs. whats the best way to find out info for a fixture sale? my google fu is failing me

2 weeks later
#2157 4 years ago

what games on NES, SNES or N64 would you think would be fun to run a tournament on.

non-fighting games and not nba jam

was thinking maybe tetris attack on snes?

#2159 4 years ago

Mario cart 64
We ran a fastest time contest on dk’s canyon track. The prize was the n64 and game. People were lined up to give it a try.

not a bad idea, was thinking more head to head style games. maybe battle mode on mario kart 64?

2 months later
#2167 4 years ago

Picked up some NES games this Christmas. A few of the more expensive titles like swamp thing and gargoyles quest ii. Reorganized my nes shelf. 288 individual titles. 201 SNES titles in the collection as well.

IMG_20191229_143206_368 (resized).jpgIMG_20191229_143206_368 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2169 4 years ago

I started collecting Nintendo Power. I have about 100 of the 285 magazines. Anyone else into them?

Man.... I had almost every issue. Subscribed as a kid , when my parents moved my mom threw them all out before I got them...

#2177 4 years ago

re-did my twitch loyalty badges to triforce progression then with the mastersword. took some liberties with the mastersword design but not bad for just putzing around in paint lol. still working on the 1 year badge
loyaltyprogression72 (resized).pngloyaltyprogression72 (resized).png

3 months later
#2243 3 years ago

gonna give away some NES games on the stream tonight. Gonna do some Contra speed runs.
10 eastern, 8pm mountain
twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

SquarePic_20200420_10365241 (resized).jpgSquarePic_20200420_10365241 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2298 3 years ago

Nice! I'm at 304 NES games, ways to go lol! What game did you make? I'd love to see it? I have a retro game stream on twitch, maybe I could play I someday on there ?

I prefer SNES probably but only have about 250 of those

1 week later
#2337 3 years ago

Life Force NES co-op Speed Runs with Alex and Dave happening right meow!

http://www.twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

#2340 3 years ago

We got 2nd place speed run of Life Force co-op on NES last night! Games so damn hard lol

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/658899183

#2342 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Awesome work. That's by far my favorite nes game.

Thanks, its one of my favorites! used the same cart that ive had since i was a kid. hadnt played it for so long til we tried this run, felt real good to beat it without the konami code haha

1 week later
#2348 3 years ago

is it really worth a system 11? crazy

#2353 3 years ago

had some pins made for my twitch stream. pure retro colorado (PRC)

we drink busch lights on the stream, so its link holding up a busch light out of a chest

they just shipped from china, woot!

www.twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

linkpinfinished (resized).jpglinkpinfinished (resized).jpg
#2354 3 years ago

if anyone is looking for what will be probably some sought after Wii Games, limited to 3000 copies each, Retro City Rampage DX and Shakedown Hawaii just went live https://vblank-entertainment.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/retro-city-rampage-dx-wii-1 https://vblank-entertainment.myshopify.com/products/shakedown-hawaii-wii-1?variant=35115037065366

#2376 3 years ago

my pins for my twitch stream came in! its link holding a busch light haha
really happy with how they turned out

IMG_20200714_070613_306 (resized).jpgIMG_20200714_070613_306 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200714_070613_315 (resized).jpgIMG_20200714_070613_315 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2390 3 years ago

Doing all day birthday stream in a couple hours for my streaming partner Alexs bday. 9am mountain til 11pm mountain. We have two nes hooked up to two tvs and capture cards and are gonna be doing some races on various games. Stop by and say hi if ya want! Can see some of my collection in the background of the stream

Twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

IMG_20200816_112300_501 (resized).jpgIMG_20200816_112300_501 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2408 3 years ago

this monday night my buddy and i are doing an NES speed run race on 6 games... and we have to drink a busch light during each game. calling it the 6PAK challenge.

i am giving away an NES, controller, zapper and copy of mario/duckhunt on that stream, all subscribers are entered in the drawing

if yer interested love to see ya there

twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

IMG_20200925_152738_243 (resized).jpgIMG_20200925_152738_243 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2419 3 years ago

You can recover the vertical lines by heating up the connector to the screen with a soldering iron to reflow the pins

1 month later
#2433 3 years ago

I speed run nes games on twitch and a few years ago i thought it was silly concept but i got drawn into it amd now really dig it. Playing SMB2 princess only runs right now. Getting close to a 10:30 mark

#2434 3 years ago

Got at 10:54 today on Princess Only Super Mario 2 speed runs! 11th overall, 88th in Any% even tho i just used Princess. Hype Hype
https://www.speedrun.com/smb2/run/yj6dlonz

#2436 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Only thing i run is contra, not that well but i get just a bit under 11 minutes.
But it was all out of spite for that game kicking my ass as a kid.

nice, my contra time is 11:43 , under 11 is pretty legit! havent ran it in about a year

1 week later
#2455 3 years ago

we beat Castlevania: Bloodlines on stream last night, fun game! never played it growing up. you can see some of my collection behind us in the vod

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/814351417

1 week later
#2467 3 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Yeah, I got my system in early '96 or so when it was on its way out. You could still buy the games NIB at Best Buy, Toys 'R Us, Electronics Boutique, etc, for a year or two after that and I built up a pretty big library over time.
I miss games getting crazy discounts like with what we saw on systems from back then. Doesn't seem to happen nearly as often these days.

you can occasionally find games on clearance and sweet prices, but just need to be lucky and in the brick and mortar stores. I went to my bestbuy when they had raiden on switch on clearance and got it for $9 when the website had it at 29.99. walmart sometimes clearances out games stupid low too but its store by store basis where one will have it clearance and the other will still have it at full retail. so just gotta get lucky i guess. I got super bomberman r on switch for $5 a few months back. got ni no kuni for $10 and so on. so i just check maybe once a week.

4 weeks later
#2540 3 years ago

Just got a 10:28 Super Mario Bros 2 Princess Only Speed Run. Good for 7th in the world

https://t.co/YfFvCDbZwC

#2543 3 years ago

Hey y'all.
going to be doing a donation stream tonight try and raise some money to donate to GDQ (Games Done Quick) for their cancer research charity.
I've partnered with the Classic Gamers of Colorado group to do 1 massive donation. They've already raised over 1.3k for a donation. I have some stuff to give as gifts for certain donations. Going to be speed running various NES games. Im not great but have the 7th fastest Princess Only Speed Run on SMB2 currently.

tonight at 8pm EST. 6PM MT.
twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

just lurking helps a bunch too just to get the channel higher up on the retro page.
Cheers!
Dave
PRCnCGCPROMOwithgoals.pngPRCnCGCPROMOwithgoals.png

#2557 3 years ago

Heres the clip from the GDQ donation. We collectively raised $2.520, I was able to raise $1,000 on my stream which was nuts
heres the read on the GDQ stream
https://m.twitch.tv/clip/RelentlessGrotesqueMonkeyNotLikeThis

3 months later
#2588 3 years ago

yeah the virtual boy was cheap forever so i figured id run into on randomly and buy it someday, and now they are insane and i probably will never own one lol

9 months later
#2658 2 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

does have a disc in it! Sega Classics. So nothing to really recoop the costs. But still cool. Looks like the belt needs to be replaced at least. Disc wouldn't eject. I didn't connect to TV, so not sure what, if anything is on the screen. But could hear something spinning when I turned it on. So knew something was still in there.
[quoted image]

Did they charge you 300 bucks for an untested unit?

4 months later
#2682 1 year ago

Anyone interested in a boxed copy of a link to the past on SNES ? Game, box, cardboard insert, plastic edge cover, manual, paper insert.

Price charting shows average around $288

Was thinking $250 shipped

IMG_20220614_070710 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070710 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070715 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070715 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070719 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070719 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070724 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070724 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070728 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070728 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070736 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070736 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070740 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070740 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070743 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070743 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070747 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070747 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070750 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_070750 (resized).jpg
5 months later
#2736 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I beat Yoshis Island for the first time ever. Great game, with some really tough and clever sections.

Nice! Always feels good to beat a game for the first time.

#2747 1 year ago

If anyone is into watching retro gaming on twitch,
My buddy and I stream mainly nes,snes,genesis.

We do these races called 6 PAKs.

6 games, 6 beers. Have to beat the game and finish your beer before going to the next game.

Our 7th 6PAK race is next tuesday, 9pm est
Twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

This race is
Ninja crusaders
Double dragon ii
Puss n boots
Super C
Castle of Dragon
Simpsons: Bart v the World

SquarePic_20221123_20010360 (resized).jpgSquarePic_20221123_20010360 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2758 1 year ago

Made some custom nes controllers for my twitch stream to give out to some of our biggest supporters. Waiting for the clear coat to dry for re-assembly.

20221226_164758 (resized).jpg20221226_164758 (resized).jpg20221226_163847 (resized).jpg20221226_163847 (resized).jpg20221226_163708 (resized).jpg20221226_163708 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#2778 1 year ago

PSA that the 3ds and wii u eshops close on the 27th if you want to scoop any digital only items before its too late.

3 weeks later
#2797 1 year ago
Quoted from mackey256:

I might pick up a game cube again at some point. Especially now with all the mods for playing backups.
Changing gears, anyone want a stack of 360 games? No cases or anything. I found them in a CD binder I forgot I had. No clue what happened to the game cases.
I was asking $10 on Craigslist for the whole stack but got no response. Anyone local can just have them otherwise I’d be willing to ship them if someone wants to cover shipping.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'll take em if no one has claimed em yet. I have a retro game stream on twitch, could see jamming a few of those at some point.

2 weeks later
#2803 11 months ago

Nice, I had a near complete set my mom threw away when I was in college and they moved. Had a subscription when I was kid for almost the entire run. Oh well

1 week later
#2810 11 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I have a confession. I scored that Nintendo Power #1 at the Pinfest flea market for a dollar. Just sold it for $510 on ebay. The highest graded examples of these have gone for more than cars. If you have one... dig it up. If it looks like it was rolled up and shoved in a pants pocket with the poster cut out they still go for over $100. Check your closets if they don't hold sentimental value for you.
[quoted image]

Damn, these were like max $100 pre pandemic
Guess I won't be adding this one back in the collection lol

#2816 11 months ago

The real tragedy now a days is the 18% ebay fees. Get taxed when you buy an item, and pay taxes when you sell it plus fees and shipping out of control.

2 months later
#2910 8 months ago

Duck tales is awesome. I can no glitch speed run it in like 15 min. My buddy and I do NES speed run races against each other on our twitch channel.

There are a few health upgrades you can snag that will make your life a lot easier. So doing those levels first helps a bunch if you're struggling with it. No continues is brutal if you're not getting the upgrades and 1ups.

There is a hidden health in the castle level and one in the ice level that will increase your health bar 1 unit.

3 weeks later
#2947 8 months ago

Cleaning up the game room /stream room. Here is half of it

20230819_103709 (resized).jpg20230819_103709 (resized).jpg

#2949 8 months ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I spy:
Half a Super Scope?
Banana for scale?
What do you use to play all those NES and SNES games? I've got a RetroUSB AVS and an Analogue Super NT.
What's your favorite game from each system in your collection?
Love the Mike Tyson's Punch Out! poster!

That is a Donkey Kong Country returns 3ds preorder bonus stress ball banana.

I stream on twitch on real hardware on a Sony pvm 20m2u pvm and we have some other crts. My buddy and I race games against each other an do speed runs or casual play throughs.

Https://www.twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

Other side is a mess right now but I have pretty much every console nes to ps5

I have various ways to get to the pvm from start bnc breakouts with an OSSC or retro tinks etc.

20230820_172850 (resized).jpg20230820_172850 (resized).jpg
20230820_172904 (resized).jpg20230820_172904 (resized).jpg

#2950 8 months ago

Favorite NES is princess only smb 2 speed run, I had 7th place but haven't done it in a while. Have a few world records. Working on Bart vs the world right now have 3rd place.

Have some crazy stuff so not sure what is fav but I have every zelda us release in that tower

1 week later
#2959 7 months ago

My buddy and I do a retro stream and we do these races called 6 PAK races

6 NES games
6 beers

Caveat is you have to finish your beer before going on to the next game. Our next race is Tuesday, Sept 5th at 9pm EST.

Www.Twitch.tv/pure_retro_co if you wanna check it out

SquarePic_20230831_09010467 (resized).jpgSquarePic_20230831_09010467 (resized).jpg

#2961 7 months ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Are you gonna play Mega Man 2 the whole time? Because I would just play Mega Man 2 the whole time.
6 beers in, still playing Mega Man 2. Who’s the real winner?

Hah, well megaman 2 is the easiest megaman game but it's still fun I reckon.

Darkman is probably the most challenging of this set of games.

3 weeks later
#2977 6 months ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Did you buy them? I could for sure use a "new" 4:3 crt..

Can still find em free on Craigslist in my area. Might be worth a look

5 months later
#3043 31 days ago

Hey fellow retro gamers. I am running a kickstarter starting on March 30th for some 1" enamel pins based on NES carts. I made pixel art representations of 8 different games. Super Mario Bros 1-3, Zelda 1 and 2, Metroid (yellow label), Contra, and Super C. I drew these in paint on 96 pixel x 96 pixel canvas for a true 1" ratio. You can check out the preview page at this link. Appreciate a project follow, or any sharing of this as we gear up! Hopefully we can unlock some of the extra designs!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pureretro/8bit-nes-pixel-pins-a-collection-of-retro-game-enamel-pins

The initial goal will unlock all three Mario designs to choose from! Cheers

banner (resized).pngbanner (resized).png

1 week later
#3044 19 days ago

Kickstarter went live today.

Funded the first goal in 17 minutes and all my initial stretch goals in about 9 hours.

All 8 designs are unlocked!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pureretro/8bit-nes-pixel-pins-a-collection-of-retro-game-enamel-pins

#3052 18 days ago
Quoted from woody24:

Well shoot. Just backed the 8 pins. Looks cool.

Thank you so much!

2 weeks later
#3068 4 days ago

IMG_20240405_080331 (resized).jpgIMG_20240405_080331 (resized).jpg

Got in my mario 1-3 pins for my kickstarter. These are 1" X 1" enamel pins.

Other games I'm making are zelda I & ii, metroid yellow, contra, Super C, tetris, Duck Hunt, final fantasy and castlevania

If ya know anyone who would dig em would love a share

#3070 3 days ago
Quoted from woody24:

Disapointed you didn't go with Mike Tyson Punch out.

Yeah, there are so many games that would be fun to have. I polled backers for the 4 added pins and surprisingly only one punch out write in.

If everything goes smoothly with the rest of the campaign, I'll probably do another set in the future

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium?tu=infinitelives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.