DSC_4700 (resized).JPG
DSC_4699 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240405_080331 (resized).jpg
_20240411_210104 (resized).JPG
DSC_4645 (resized).JPG
DSC_4642 (resized).JPG
DSC_4626 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 7 years ago

The system is Linux based. Open source too. You can view the Linux image.

It's just an a7 quad core with flash memory. There's a uart pins available and it has USB that a pc recognizes (power), soooo maybe a few hacks could get the OS relished with more games?

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

is the micro usb for power only or could it be able to transfer data?
I read that NES classic is actually more powerful than a Wii specwise

Well it's a pretty powerful soc.... little different architecture than the wii but it could be.

No one knows yet, the USB is the power source but it is recognized as something when connected to a pc.

I don't have one, couldn't find one around me, even going early :/ so I wait

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well at least for resolution, Wii is only 480p. NES Classic is 720p. Even though these games were made for 240p, native 720p resolution looks awesome on 8-bit games!

I think it's cool they did the scan line view but I'll be rocking HD when I get it

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I want the mini Famicon Nintendo released for Japan only as well. Anyone know how to get one in the US? It has 30 games too, some the same, some different.

Play Asia has it

#94 7 years ago
#118 7 years ago

For the price, the nes classic is a great way to legally have Nintendo Nes games without rebuying VC on wii/ds/wiiu or actual cartridges.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

I am like 95% sure I saw some controller extension cords on Amazon. I would let the small cords stop ya if you can buy a 3rd party extender for a few bucks.

yeah for 10 or less you can get the 6-10ft extensions.

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

We were thinking about doing an episode of our show about how to make your own extension cables, inspired by this product.
Thoughts?

Yeah please do. The inside of the controller I think is a 4 wire, so hacking an old USB cable would work.

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I work at Best Buy and know we sold out our 35,000 units in a day. There are more on order and will be here before Christmas. Keep an eye on the website!

Just wish stores had an idea, so I could go wait ahaha. I'll have to open my closet and get the winter clothes though, by the looks of this weekends weather report :/

#190 7 years ago

many said Target's just got their shipment last night. Mine did not have it this morning, but worth a look.

EDIT: Local only, not online

#191 7 years ago

Holy smokes, Target's in Sherwood, OR and surrounding areas have lots of stock. Anyone in OR wanna make a run and start shipping?

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-29-0180?zip=91709

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Would be careful with believing Target's inventory system. Drove 40 minutes to a store that said "in stock" and when I asked the guy he said "Nope, sorry. Glitch in the system."
Just happened to be the phones for all their stores were down that same day and I couldn't call first.

I think a lot of employees are getting them as well or having friends/family get them when stock hits. But many employees have no flipping idea wtf is going on stock wise, but if their system is anywhere near walmarts, it is correct.....

#201 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Well, now they all say zero again.

Yup all stores sold out in my state 30 min after. They still have them in OR. I think people are just flipping going insane over this.

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

AT least 244 of them. So he spent $14,640 before tax. Wonder if those were the ones that "fell off the truck?" From the sounds of it, I'm guessing all the stores combined in some large cities didn't even get that many.

Could easily be out of country. I guess Brazil no one wanted them so they had tons of stock.....

1 week later
#240 7 years ago
Quoted from frankie898:

Just started a Raspberry Pi 3 project today with RetroPie installed. Bought one of those Canakits with everything you need (aside from a controller). Got a few roms loaded up to test it and its working well. Great alternative for doing some retro gaming. I would still love to own an NES classic eventually to display on my shelf. Always been a Nintendo fan.

Haha me too! I ordered a PS4 controller but PS3, Xbox ones or the USB retros may work, just need to verify the driver.

#245 7 years ago
Quoted from Mwardlow:

Those controllers should work with the bluetooth option.

Quoted from frankie898:

Yes, those controllers should work with the Pi3. I am actually using a PS2 controller with a USB adapter i bought several years ago. PS controllers work great since their D-pad is solid and they have all the shoulder/trigger buttons.

rock on Mine just arrived today! I'll throw it together tonight and test on nes/snes. Also busted out my DC's and fired up some good ole soul calibur, crazy taxi and hydro thunder...ughhhh old games are hard as hell!!!

I'm still looking for the nes classic, uart and linux hacking is going to be fun!

#247 7 years ago

Check your brickseek, many targets had a shipment today but the ones in the twin cities were bought by employees before store open: also be carful if you're out trying to get them as there are now stories of drug addicts buying them to resell and are jumping or threatening at purchase and in the parking lot. This is just flipping American stupid...

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nintendo had no idea what the market would bear on these, so they went risk averse and didn't make a lot of them. Same thing they did on the Wii and N64. Not sure on WiiU - seems like they kinda screwed up on that somehow. Anyway, they make decisions based on inventory cost - but I'm sure they don't complain when it *does* create hype in the marketplace. Again, same thing with the Wii... This basically cost them $0 and they are cleaning up...

Luckily I was camping out for 24hours for the wii... but yes it was a insane xmas that year.

They know the interest in the new switch and I bet they mess it up too

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I don't know. Interest seems mixed to me. I might try to buy it day one considering it might be the last Nintendo console and I've never done that with a console before.

.....Have you not seen the hype train on the internet? The Switch launch video has had an insane more attention than the new Zelda video. This will be a GIANT console release, and if this stupid nes classic is any indication, buy nintendo stock now. It is only going to get more insane when snes classic goes on sale, switch is out, zelda, etc.

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from Chuckie:

I really wanted one of these but they are still hard to get.
But reading about this someone said that a wii is a superb console for emulating so I just bought one on marktplaats (= dutch craigslist) for €35 incl. Shipping.
Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow and nintendo just lost a costumer because of this low supply BS.

The wii is great for that! As it can do GameCube too!

1 week later
#278 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

In regards to using the Wii to play emulators and classic games... does it have to be a specific release of the Wii console or can I buy any working Wii console off of eBay?

As long as it is a standard wii and not the mini, you're good

#287 7 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Got mine on launch day and I liked it at first but there were 2 thing I couldn't get past. I couldn't track down another controller so my wife and I could play 2-player games and there is noticeable lag. It's really noticeable on Mega Man and the Mario games. Anyway, I traded it for an SNES mini and ordered an Everdrive. I am already enjoying the SNES more.

There should be zero lag. I'm going to assume your tv introduced the lag via hdmi. This was common on games like guitar hero and other consoles

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The NES Classic has audio lag. That's inherent to its design, not an HDMI issue. RetroUSB AVS is currently the best way to enjoy NES in HD. I just played some Punch-Out (Mike Tysons) and got really far. Response is awesome, no lag. The toy-flipper should have spent his dough on that instead of a NES Classic for $190. That's nuts.

I disagree. Any lag experienced is based on the tv not the nes mini.

Remember to check your tv settings and if you can disable any delay and force it to 720p. Older tv's may work better as all the new ones force upscaling and other things via the processor and it being "smart"

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Watch My Life In Gaming's review. They show the audio delay issues. In Megaman 2, the characters are moving fine ...but the jump and shoot sounds come later.

I'd have to see this proven on multiple hardware tv's. Again, TV's themselves can help cause these issues. Like Luckydogg, I have a vpin and had to find exact tv's that could negate issues like this.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Any interest in the latest release of the Sega Genesis classic? It has around 40 classic Sega games including the Sonic games, Phantasy Star and Mortal Kombat. It doesn't have HDMI out, but it comes with 2 wireless controllers, and you can play original Genesis cartridges and use original wired Genesis controllers.
» YouTube video
Genesis DOES was NINTENDON'T!
» YouTube video

That genesis I was excited about, turns out it is okay ish, but is only composite, so you are limited to old school plugs. It is cool, that it can run off real games, sd card etc, but without hdmi or svideo, hard to purchase. The company also makes a handheld version.

#320 7 years ago

Oh....found one on my desk at work today. Nice!

#346 7 years ago

nes classic is tiny as hell. the save state is awesome as I forgot how hard these games are!

#348 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

A console to take with you sounds like a great idea on paper but it just doesn't work like that in real life. I had a PSP and a Vita. They have great games for sure but they were just trying to emulate the longform gameplay that home consoles can do. Nintendo really nailed the portable gameplay concept with the DS. Games that load quickly for a quick 5-10 minute fix and then put it away. Pokemon, Advance Wars, Picross, Alphabounce, Starship Defense, Puzzle Quest, Professor Layton and many more. Also the design of the DS was pretty awesome. Unfold for two screens of gameplay and fold to protect the screens and to fit in the pocket. Battery life that lasted for ages.
I just don't see the Switch really doing anything mind blowing. It looks like a tablet which everyone has and if they don't, they have it's more portable cousin, the smart phone. I don't know anyone who's excited for it or even knows it exists.
They really need to focus on making great games for it it they want it to succeed. Despite the lower sales than the competition, N64 and GCN were still profitable and a success mainly because they made some great games for those systems. That was my biggest complaint about Wii U and to a lesser extent the 3DS. They lacked the great games covering a variety of genres.
I like the design but it doesn't seem different from what Nintendo has done in the past and if they choose to have the Switch replace their portable platform, it will be the end for Nintendo.

smart phone/tablet gaming is a joke. The switch looks like it takes what the wiiu did well on the gamepad but made it the focus/console. I see no issue with nintendo selling out of the switch...

wiiu had issues the second they named it wiiu..... At E3 when I played it before release, I literally thought it was a wii with a new controller...

#357 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm pretty sure that carts don't make games harder to update. All updates for games today are software downloaded onto the system. They don't write data onto the physical media so updating won't harder than it was for disc based games.
I actually really like carts. It's the reason I loved the N64 more than the PS1 at the time. It was so much more durable than disc based media. The problems at the time was the cost to manufacture drove up the price and the tech made it inferior to disc based games mainly because of sound. Those problems have been solved though. I can get an SD card with more data than a bluray and cheaper than ever.
I buy all of my games (and movies) on physical media or Steam. These last few generations of consoles has really opened my eyes to the perils of downloadable games. I would really love to play Scott Pilgrim vs. The World but I can't because it was only available for download through PS3 or XB360.

Yup, screw download content. Physical for me too. I want to be able to play this stuff in 10+years.

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Absolutely. I do care. I wouldn't even bother to post if I didn't. It's just that I'm angry with Nintendo for fucking this up so much. They're living in the 80's and it really annoys me. I truly believe that Nintendo is going to lose sales over the long run because of not supplying enough at the initial demand. This is a closed system. No updates. No downloadable content. It's not like a PS4 or XBOX ONE with continuous content over several years. Other people have said it too. It would have been a better financial decision for them to make more systems to meet demand.

What if they did release enough though, wouldn't everyone get one, play 5 min and be bored?! There'd be bad press on it, instead we only hear about the big demand! I enjoy it, but all the hipsters and little kids really just want it as it is the "cool" thing. Play it a day and be done. So this shortage hype train keeps it going

#379 7 years ago

Just find the, reys 128gb image

make that pi3 work and all preconfigured....

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I just built one about a week ago, and I'm using a Wii Classic controller. I've messed with emulators in the past, but this is the only time other than on portable systems that I could see it actually getting used.
It's easy enough for my son (almost 5 yrs) to start up and pick a game. It even plays PS1 and N64 at decent speeds.
As for setting it up, it's a one step to write the image to the card, and it has shared folders that you can write ROMs to over a network.
The Wii Classic controller, however, was a pain in the ass. I had to modify the driver and recompile it for the analog sticks to work. I'd recommend a different controller. I only used it because it's the only one I had laying around.

Yeah, easy and best contorllers are like xbox 360 wired, ps3 (wireless and wired), ps4 wired, and maybe some x1. I'll be going x360 wired for mine. THe new ps4 controller I got won't do BT so it is wired, which is fine, but the start/select buttons I hate.

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ps3/4 controllers are Bluetooth and RaspPi3 has BT built in.
Seems like a safe bet.

actually, only the ps4 first gen controller works. they changed some firmware and now it is a pita to get it to work. Also only 1 controller can sync at a time. You could however use a usb BT dongle. I have a wired ps4 controller working great however. As for ps3, I think that or the wired x360 is the way to go. Otherwise get usb retro controllers or an arcade stick.

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Enough of this emulation plug n play talk. Who's a true retro console junkie member?
I will raise my hand.... here's a picture of complete Genesis games for which I'm still missing manuals...
Been collecting cartridges since 1997 and have 2,000+ carts including nearly complete colllections of 2600,5200,7800,unlicensed NES, Virtual Boy, ti-99 and a couple others.
Anyone have any Neo Geo MVS carts for sale or trade?

I have a genesis and love retro, but lets keep this thread on track with the nes classic.

Here is a thread for your FS/Trade though!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-wtb-nes-snes-n64-sega-dreamcast-games-and-the-like

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

The controllers on the NES Classic Edition feel pretty true to the original NES controllers. Just waaaaay too short. Just ordered 10' extensions.

I ordered the 10' cable extensions, they are nice

#397 7 years ago
Quoted from DK:

THANK YOU for this. It is a pain in the ass to configure lol

Yeah, I hear it is amazing...I still need it..

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I'm really thinking about building retropie from a kit, any recommendations on kits and controllers? Mainly hoping to play N64 and NES/SNES games and maybe some arcades

uhhhh pi3 doesn't play n64 all that well. There are "some" playable but not true to the quality of n64. If you want to emulate n64, you need a gaming rig, or a real n64.

Otherwise My ps4 controller is usable, a little clunky but works. If you wanna do nes/snes/genesis etc, just get a newer console controller or usb old school retro controller.

#402 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Huh? The title of the thread was actually changed to Vintage Gaming Club. I must have misunderstood why the title was changed.

OHHHHHH My bad. didn't noticed the name of this changed. I thought it used to be NES classic. SOrry!

#411 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

the dreamcast emulates Nes games well. I wanted to play some gunnac yesterday and remembered Nester for DC
a cheap option if you still have a dreamcast laying around
yes I'm a dreamcast nut
my Dreamcast(definitely my favorite system) and NES(2nd) libraries are the largest in my collection out of any of my systems. I have around 100 games for each. Coleco and Snes and tied for 3rd as my favorite consoles
I prefer the dpad on dreamcast over my xbox or wii controller for 2d games
New games still come out on dreamcast which is a plus
Dreamcast still thinking in 2016

you get the usb-gdrom?

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Is that true? I seem to remember someone saying that owning one copy of a game did NOT give you the rights to have a second copy as a rom. I thought that was odd though since owning a CD does give you the digital rights to those songs. That's basically the only reason I buy CDs now. It's almost always cheaper to just buy the CD then buy the mp3s.

I thought it was: Not legal to download the roms, but if you can rip your own rom it was legal.

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Thought about it, but I love how loud the dreamcast is when reading a disc.
I would like to get one same with some everdrives but I'm stuck in the past and like my carts/disc.
I do want the region free bios cause I love me some imports

I have two DC's and one has the temperamental laser and the other I'm scared of it burning out. That is the one reason I hate laser based consoles. I'm probably gonna snag the usb gdrom and some everdrive carts though! Started my N64 collection, but still don't have a console! hahahha. Swinging by a store today to grab mario kart DD and Mario sunshine for GC though.

#424 7 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I watched a YouTube video a while ago where this guy has a rom hack for dreamcast, you remove the whole laser mech and install a board with a USB plug or sd card slot. The new board tricks the dreamcast into thinking the roms are on a disc. It wasn't perfect yet (think multi disc games were a problem) but soon it will be possible to play a dreamcast with all the games loaded inside.
I loved my dreamcast, it broke decades ago, I sold my stuff to get a PS3 (stupid me). Has anyone played armada for dreamcast? I pumped so much time into that game and I literally think that there's no end to it, just a perpetual grind to get bigger

THis one?

http://3do-renovation.ru/USB-GDROM_Controller.htm

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Should I get a separate USB controller for genesis nintendo and Super Nintendo for my raspberry pi or is there one kind of controller that works great for all of them?

I don't mind the xbox360 or PS controller, but if playing an NES or SNES/Genesis game with a new gen controller is weird feeling then you'd want the original's converted to usb.

#441 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Aaaahhhh 9/9/99. I also went to Wal Mart and bought a brand new Dreamcast.
Such a fun and underrated system. Good times.

I know there are people asking SEGA to make DC2. My gosh, just imagine a arcade console again...ughhhhhh I'd be all over that.

#443 7 years ago

I picked up MK doubledash this morning from a local store. Played coop with my wife tonight. SO FUN and she loved it!!! The wii is really a great platform to have multiple consoles on Wish the wiiu played GC though, make it cleaner in the living room

Any other "easy" coop games you can think of?

#446 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

If you don't mind going old school Jackal was a coop game on the easy side. Beat'em ups were also some of the easier coop games. Many of them were arcade ports.

Ohh be good on the retropie.

I just remembered a ps2 game, cookies n cream is a great coop that is a tad easier

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Man you guys are spot on with the coop games....Jackal for the NES was great for 2 player action. It had great pacing which kept both vehicles near one another to help out. Cookies n cream I had at one point too...perfect simple multiplayer gameplay.

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I think silk wurm on nes was a good coop game. If I remember correctly one person is a helicopter and the other a jeep.
Bubble bobble on nes is a fantastic 2 player game, not sure if I'd call it coop but it's awesome. One of the few arcade games I regret selling.

great! thank you for the suggestions. Nintendoland on wiiu may work too. I'll have to try a few with her, she seems to not like "3d" world ones, but double dash was all good!

1 week later
#512 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Wii U Pro controller still doing great with Retropie. Connects without issue, feels great, and it's very responsive. Spendy, but worth it.

Oh dang I never thought of the wiiu pro controller!!! The battery lasts forever!!

#598 7 years ago

we will know more about the switch

Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017
Live from Tokyo | Jan. 12 at 8 p.m. PT/11 p.m. ET

hope they announce some launch titles.

#656 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For me, as long as it's the original hardware, I'm good. The system doesn't know if the cart is an Everdrive, original, or bootleg. A rom is a rom to the system. Since collectors are going nuts and driving up prices, Everdrive is the way to go if you just wanna play all the old games and save money & space. I sold all my old carts and got Everdrives for my consoles.

I'm with you, except I like to have the original core games, or ones I played and remember. The rest can be on everdrive.

#667 7 years ago

No region lock is HUGE, now we can play those creepy japanese games with school girls

splatoon 2 looks hugely updated
mario is now back to open ish world still I hear a rumor of mario sunshine HD coming
zelda is a launch title!!!! WOOT
the "gimmicks" of switch are soooooo much more realistic and better off then the ones of the wii. the motion controls, remotes etc. The switch is going to be a blockbuster for nintendo, however the launch list is still not fully released.... I'm waiting on excite truck 2. I'm in for one for sure. In the meantime I'm collecting my GCN and n64 stuff

#675 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the presentation was about what I expected it to be, but it was quite obvious that many of the developers haven't had enough time to work with the dev kits seeing as some of the "guest speakers" did not have anything to show (let alone specific title names for games in development
zelda looks great and so do some of the throw-back titles (bomberman r and street fighter). kind of disappointed that mario odyssey isn't a launch time (does this mark the 1st or 2nd time that nintendo didn't have a mario title at launch?) but it did look great
the enhanced rumble features look like they could really open up some very cool immersive elements in games (and work very well in conjunction with some time of AR/VR environment in the near future
I wonder if nintendo is planning on selling the neon colored (or other colored) joy-cons separately?
ps
apparently, amazon.com had systems available approx. 3:30am EST (according to an email that I received), but were gone when I woke up at 5:30am for work
pps
bestbuy.com still had systems available to ship (at 6:00am EST), but no stores (within 250 miles) for in-store pick-up were left

Yes you can buy joycon's separately. THey look to be $79 for a set.
Hey mario not at launch I kind of expected, zelda at launch hahahha I thought they were pushing that back, so that was a surprise
There will probably be a decent set of virtual console games to buy at launch as well. But i'm digging the new "cards" for games. Love physical media and they are tiny.

#677 7 years ago

MK8 on switch has BATTLE MODE!!!!! WHAT?!?!

#678 7 years ago

I just pre-ordered from Target. Ships like the 5th-8th which is totally fine. I'd rather not wait inline like nesc and still not get one.

#681 7 years ago

Zelda does look phenomal....that should keep most mario fans busy until the holidays roll around. Did anybody get excited about that ARMS game they were working on inhouse?! It looked like a lot of fun for a VS. game.....not really something I'd like to play against the computer. The ability to take it anywhere and have a VS. game on the go is going to create some good rivalries. They showed a quick bomberman teaser....ultimate party game!
All of the BIG N's past systems rolled into one.

yeah, arms is going to be fun

mk8 deluxe is also a launch I think, and has tons more than the wiiu version.

#732 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Nintendo drops its old systems like a rancid hot potato. Sony, MS and their 3rd parties continue supporting older hardware almost to a fault.
Nintendo has a lot riding on the Switch. They'll hold back inventory to create hype for launch. I also expect the WiiU version of Zelda to be canceled.
From the presentation, I feel they're making all the same mistakes they made with the Switch. The system will be huge in public commute heavy Japan, not sure about Western markets long term.

zelda is released 3/3/17 for both Switch and WiiU.

Quoted from woody24:

I feel that a lot of the pre-orders are probably those who jumped on the hype-train, or are hoping that the system is hard to find when it's released so that they can resell it. I don't think that selling out of the pre-orders proves anything right now.
And since I figured I'd give my Wii U another shot, I went to go find some cheap games for it. And geez. No wonder it's kinda failed. Seems all the retailers have abandoned the system. I know the Switch is coming out soon, but they should have a few more games than just a handful of titles that are $60 and clearanced musical games. Doesn't seem to be a middle ground.
I did find one store that had Zelda Wind-whatever and Marioland whatever for $20 each. Picked those up.

So many good wiiu games!! I got a handful off CL for $5-10 almost new. Bayonetta 1/2 for sure if you like hack n slash!

#753 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Where are these? Every time I've looked at Target's site it refuses to say anything other than CHECK YOUR LOCAL STORES, PAL!

Brick seek
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-29-0180

#761 7 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Well, I got a Raspberry Pi 3 B last week and built a retro game console. Lots of fun.
I am currently looking for someone to hook me up with a copy of Reys Ultimate 128gb Attract Mode Image for my Retropie.
Can anyone help a brother out?
Thanks.
Hope that request is OK.
RussMyers

The only way to get that is to know the people in the group, a friend or use those sites with p2p based transfers

#772 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Been playing a little bit of Zelda Wind Walker for the WII U, and damn those controls suck. The "A" button seems to everything. I can't stop from diving everywhere. And I can only play with my up/down look inverted, and there's only an option to invert them in first person view. So i'm either looking straight up or straight down most of the time.
Just hope that the Switch version of Zelda has better controls, or I'll probably end up selling the system.

Just remember WW was a GCN game, so sort of odd controls still. The demos of zelda BOTW have never had any control issues. I would assume with the pro controller it will be fantastic.

#791 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

If you're the proud owner of a Wii U, you might be wondering whether the Switch is worth a day one purchase. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is coming to both, so what's the rush, right? Well, the two versions have a few key differences. In a statement provided to IGN, Nintendo confirmed that the Switch game will run at 900p on your TV, while the Wii U version will be stuck at 720p. Switch owners will also benefit from "higher quality environmental sounds," covering water, grass and ornate steps. These will be "more realistic and enhance the game's open air feel," apparently.

They have youtube vid showing the difference, however the wiiu version is showing demo video so it could change. However, the wiiu's graphics are impressive, but the switch looks amazing. Also you can see splatoon 1 vs 2 aka wiiu vs switch, big difference. Zelda is the same game however, so it is just different graphics and control(ls)

#793 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Splatoon 2 doesn't look that different from the first...maybe some more reflections and lighting FX. I wouldn't be surprised if Splatoon 2 was being developed for Wii U & then ported over to the Switch. I don't care really - Splatoon is all about the colorful art direction and I think it looks great on Wii U & Switch. I hadn't played it for months, but have been playing the hell out of it over the past couple nights...man, I don't know why I put it down - it's so fun! For a "dead" system, there are always people online ready to play Splatoon! 8 player matches fill up instantly. Really looking forward to 2....I hope it has more of a robust 1 player game mode.

Splatoon is a sweet game. I should fire it back up. I'm kind of on a GCN kick now..... Did you happen to get star fox on wiiu?

#805 7 years ago

....I don't get why so many people are freaking crap over Nintendo moving onto their next console. Every company does this, a few companies will make a few more games ie. madden nfl for ps3 etc but once the new console is out there is almost zero money to be made on the prior console.

#807 7 years ago

not crapping just confirming speculation from earlier in this thread.

ah. Ok, sorry!

I was just in an internet war with some troll who was hurt Nintendo was not porting the MK8 Deluxe extras to the wiiu mk8.... @#$@#$ boggles my mind sometimes how short sighted people are about business workings.

#809 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It would be nice if Nintendo offered a few olive branches to those of us who supported the Wii U. They can see by my account that I bought the Mario Kart 8 DLC packs....would be nice to get some kind of discount or something if I buy the new one, which is almost the same game.

I'd love it too, I am a huge wiiu supporter and even wii. But logically I understand from a business standpoint, it was a poorly named, launched, and maintained console. Only the hardcore support it still, however the new switch is insanely enticing for competitive and pro players. They are also catering to them and a much broader audience.

#817 7 years ago

unfortunately my wii u has been relegated to play netflix, i havent used it to play a game in a very long time. pre-ordered it as well, never really had a killer game imo. the marios were all rehash blah blah forgetable games, no new zelda just remakes, smash and mario kart were really good. was there even a metroid? No. Star Fox got shit on in reviews with the horrible controls. woulda loved a new rouge squadron type game. No original ips, i guess splatoon got some love, havent tried it. Rayman was a launch game and probably the one I enjoyed the most. Donkey Kong was pretty good. So yeah, 3-5 games worth playing lol. Any major 3rd party game would be better suited on the other two consoles.

You don't have Bayonetta 2?!?!?!
Pikmin 3 or toad treasure hunter? THere are tons of fun games, star fox is a great game. The controls take getting used to JUST like splatoon but once you get a hour or so in, you get the hang of it.

#819 7 years ago

What would you recommend between Kirby and the Rainbow Curse or Yoshi's Woolly World?

Both are fun, both can be played by the younger crowd. But in Kirby you don't really die....Yoshi looks cute and easy but to complete 100% in levels it is really hard. Great if you like completing a game fully. Kirby you have to like draw on the gamepad while watching the tv, hard at first I hear but easy to get used to.

#822 7 years ago

I think those are the ones I got from amazon.

1 week later
#872 7 years ago

It's also on 3ds so not exclusive to the console

But not with the unimpressive wii motion sword play!

1 week later
#911 7 years ago

I sent this to my wife

#920 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I couldn't agree more on nintendo's naming the last few years.
Also their marketing has been terrible during all that
Good move on their part for forking out the cash for the super bowl commercial.

Hahah, and there were people telling me here that the switch would fail :-p

#927 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, they full on botched the Wii U with shit marketing from day 1. The name was stupid, and people assumed it was just a Wii accessory or upgrade...they didn't realize it was an entirely new console. Had they called it something else, and screamed from the rooftops: NINTENDO IN HD!!!!!!!! ...I think they would have fared better. Honestly, that's all I wanted out of it. Nintendo in HD...and that's what I got, and really enjoyed it! So, I think to most people who ignored the Wii U, they've never experienced Nintendo in HD....and now Nintendo is CLEARLY marketing a NEW system, and people will get it. Anyone who grew up with Nintendo franchises but skipped the last generation or two - they're gonna dig this. Home console & portable in one, lots of great multiplayer opportunities.

I was at E3 when they released wiiu and thought it was a wii accessory....lol. Took me like 2 years until I found out how awesome it was. Now I have 2 one for work and one at home.

Just ordered a VGA cable for my DC's and a component for my ps2!!! So pumped to get some better picture out of these consoles. Just need some ultra-hdmi for the n64

#935 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ultra HDMI is awesome, I love it! I wish every old console had an HDMI mod...maybe one day!
I've got the Toro for my DC, which has VGA & RGB Scart...I'm using it with Scart through my Framemeister and the Dreamcast just looks absolutely incredible in 1080p. I'm pretty sure I have a component for my PS2...but I've also got the RGB for that so I can Framemeister it, although I haven't monkeyed with it too much. PS2 games have a lot of resolution switching, which kinda sucks on a Framemeister.

I heard ps1 has the res switching too, 240p to 480i.

I don't have a CRT or scart, so I'm thinking hdmi and component are the best....Looking to snag a old tube tv from a friend when they are done, and then I can get the gun games

#943 7 years ago

Speaking of controller features that are meh... whats the deal with the "touchpad" in the middle of the ps4 controller actually do, I have yet to play a game that it was integral part at all. I think killzone did a few things with it at launch but other than that I dont think ive used it really at all...

speaking of ps4...I just got VR and RE7. Ready to @#$#@$ myself.

#947 7 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

don't forget about REZ INFINITE for the ps4 vr ..... so good!!

I think Rez was on the demo disc or worlds game? I remember seeing it.

We have re7, demo disc and the worlds vr games. I've been thinking of buying the keep talking and nobody explodes game for some team building

I may have some video of us playing re7 vr later today.

So far the vr is good, real nice headset. Not the same one they used at ces though. One thing I don't like is it makes it look like your looking in a hole? You'd have to see it to know but if you compare to galaxy vr or the ces PS4, the home version seems small where others make the screen look huge

#951 7 years ago

Re7 is cool with vr but is just a "screen" not real vr. I thought it just put you in a dark room and close to the screen, but was cool. If you wore headphones it would be creepy.

I got sick using it though. So I just played with the tv. Re7 is a great game and experience. It is creepy and a tad urgent scary as you can't really kill the family so you more or less try to hide or fight and run.

#953 7 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

RE7 on the ps4 VR starts out with just a screen view mode ... you have to go into settings and change it over to VR and then restart it. it worked on my set up and it's pretty awesome.

Ohhhhh setting in game, like the main menu? I'll have to poke around. It was like that for all our demo and worlds games too

#956 7 years ago

I don't believe they'd stop production on a product making crap tons of money and sales without even marketing it. Retailers have been saying it was ended since the sell out of the first launch shipment.

#960 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

If they retailed for $100, then sure, I'd say it's free money. But since it's $60, they can't be making a whole lot from them. You got the manufacturer, the crate shipper, the warehouse distributor, and then the retail stores, not to mention the license fee they probably have to pay for the games that aren't theirs. After everyone takes their piece of the $60, I'd say Nintendo probably isn't left with more than $10. And even though that $10 is pure profit, is it really enough to to mass-produce them non-stop when they're banking on the Switch, which no-doubt will have a much larger profit margin?
Sell 100k NES Classics? Or sell 100k Switches?
Just because something is popular and has demand, doesn't mean that it's worth it. I can sell all my stuff on Ebay, but for the amount of effort it took to make $10 profit, I might as well have just thrown the item in the trash.

BOM is like >$10 maybe 15?

You selling on ebay is a handful of items, they are selling hundreds of thousands...a small profit is HUGE.

They may have multiple products but each is a totally different team. The euro team made the emulator for the NESC for example, so not a big deal for switch progress.

#962 7 years ago

There is no way the bom on this is very high at all. they are slayin it with em if they could keep them on shelves.

with no wifi/bt, or huge gpu/cpu, tons of ram, it is cheap

2 weeks later
#996 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I've got my Switch on it's way. I think the estimate is Monday delivery. But I'm still on the fence about it. I'm not going to open it up right away. I'm actually considering returning it. I ordered it with the hype, and a slow time with my projects. I'm getting really busy now, and don't have time to play much.

If you don't want it, I'd be interested in buying it if I can't get one local I'm also sure many others would be too

#997 7 years ago

Looks like Walmart has put Zelda botw on shelves for both wiiu and switch!

#1003 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

As someone who has an unnatural obsession with Zelda, I'm probably going to pick up a copy of Zelda for both the switch AND the Wii U.
Down the road, one of them is bound to be collectable--just like the rare Twilight Princess for the GameCube.

mmmm me too. It will be like TP on gcn, kinda rare and fun to own but not "needed" However my idea was to play the wiiu one until I was able to get a switch.

#1004 7 years ago

1. how is the HD TP on wiiu? Worth it? TP was the first Zelda game I've ever played...... I liked it.

2. who is getting the "guide/manual" for BOTW? I remember printing them offline or buying the big books to help with games when I was little. Had to have my mom print them off at work...with that fancy internet stuff.

#1012 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I really wish the fire sale on WiiU software would happen soon! I really want to get that Tokyo Sessions game but I can't bear to pay $60 for it.

damn people on /r/wiiu reddit keep finding fire sales on things like software and procontrollers at walmarts...Nope not my local walmart.

Quoted from mbaumle:

It's nearly identical to the version on the GameCube. Personally, I have all 3 (GCN, Wii, and Wii U), and I've preferred the HD remake just because it's convenient to play with wireless controllers on the big screen.
Hands down, the worst version is the Wii, just because the shoehorned motion controls kinda suck.

mmmm, i have it on wii. I have skyward sword as well but haven't played it yet. THe TP HD version looked great but I was meh about buying it again. I just started collecting GC and N64 as I never owned a N product until wii...yeah....games are easily $20-30 no problem. But the amount of time I put into the game is how I value my purchases

#1015 7 years ago

N64:
Bomberman
Bomberman The Second Attack!

Looking at game values...I say second attack is better? They want like $150 for the game!

#1017 7 years ago

Thanks for coming over!

There is also Bomberman Hero.
Bomberman 64 is legit, I forgot about 2nd wave, foolish me.
Bomberman Hero is like an adventure game and lacks multiplayer, so def stick to 64 or 2nd attack.

Ah, kinda hero kinda like star fox where it is an adventure game.

I have only played a little bit of bomberman on my ds or psp, nesc? I liked it. I'd totally snap up bomberman for switch... After Curling tonight I'm gonna see if walmart's line for the switch is too long... I'll wait a few hours for it

#1027 7 years ago

Bah! My curling game went long so I was too late for Walmart midnight release. My friends went though. Said it's really enjoyable!

Joy con update and Zelda update too

#1034 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

To all you lucky Switch owners: is the eshop up and running? If so, anything interesting? Any Virtual Console stuff?

VC is not on switch yet and will be some time before it is. It is coming, but no announcement on it yet. The eshop however is open.

#1035 7 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Ain't fittin right

#1038 7 years ago

I put a couple hours? Or so in on wiiu Zelda last night. Man the world is amazing!! I'm on finding the 4th shrine in the cold. You pick a place to go and on your way you find so much other stuff to checkout. Dying happens a lot but the auto saves are nice.

#1049 7 years ago

Just got 1-2 switch friday, picked up Bomberman today. Still looking for a switch though :-p W/ zelda on wiiu, I'm good for a little while. THe game is so awesome. Snagged the Guide today so I can find more of the hidden goodies.

#1065 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

There should be a new Prime on the switch. I would prefer a more traditional Metroid
Retro studios hasn't put out a game since DKC tropical freeze and have been working on a game since before it was released.
my guess is that its the next metroid

Also Monster Games out of MN, makers of Excite Truck, Excite Bots, porting DK and pilot wings to DS....are making a game they've been quiet about as well.... Excite truck 2 on switch would make me so excited.

Lots of rumors but Metroid, smash bros and more are talked about being ported from old consoles and new releases...we can only hope.

1 week later
#1074 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Forget Tekken 7, 2017's hottest new fighting game has just arrived - only it's 22 years later than originally expected. After being cancelled in 1995, Kotaku reports that Atari's long-lost Primal Rage II has found its way onto the internet. Downloading an emulator will allow 90's fighting fans to dive straight into a competent build of the ill-fated beat 'em up. While some menus are still incomplete and it has its fair share of bugs, players will find that the dino-brawling itself works.
https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/15/cancelled-90s-arcade-fighter-primal-rage-ii-released-online/

That is freaking awesome!!!! Now I just want to see what/how far done hydro thunder 2 was on those midway servers

#1076 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Anyone else already tired of Zelda? I keep playing it thinking that I'm going to get over the hump of when the game actually becomes fun, but I just don't see it. I guess I'm expecting it to be more like Skyrim. I absolutely hate that the weapons break after just 1 or two fights. I'm spending more time searching for shrines so that I can get more health hearts so that I can live longer, and it's just been killing the fun I should be having. Also hate lightning.
I guess I was hoping it to be more like Skyrim.

How far are you in the main story? I mean later on the weapons break less but I'm enjoying it. Although now I'm searching for shrines to up my hearts and stamina. But just exploring is fun, I also started to do all the side quests in the towns. There are tons! However I have be guide book to help a little

#1081 7 years ago

Got a switch last night...finally. Splatoon 2 test fire is this weekend!!!

image_uploaded_from_ios (resized).jpgimage_uploaded_from_ios (resized).jpg

#1083 7 years ago

There have been some recent shipments but not big at all. What I did notice was it almost seems like target and Walmart found out how to block brickseek.....

You could try istocknow.com as well. My bb and target had stock and no online place or their own website showed they had stock. You almost need to talk to their tech department or have a friend in the know.

#1086 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Well that worked out well. Said PrimeNow had it in stock, and just placed my order for one. Thanks. Searching done.

rock on!!
I still need the official classic controller to complete my nes but I use the wii classic controller for 2p at the moment. The RDS case is super nice to use for the nesc, if you wanted a case

#1091 7 years ago

Nesc stock is getting better and replenished so it should be easier to find one now

#1101 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What were the mechanical faults of the original Xbox?
I saw one for sale the other day and contemplated buying it. It was a little high so I asked to see it play. It started up no problem but I tried two separate clean disks and got a disk read error on both. I decided to pass.
The RROD was for X360 right?

xbox - HDD failure and optical drive failure. You can softmod or chip it and play all stuff off hdd, however you need the key from the dvdrom drive...it is documented well on the xbox forums.

x360 - rrod is from gpu/ram solder balls. horrible airflow etc. not worth messing with since they had a new gen x360

#1102 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I was told by an employee at Game Stop that Nintendo is no longer making the NES Classic and will be launching the original NES system in fall. Is this info correct?

Incorrect. They are still making/shipping the NESC. I don't even know why on earth they would redo the original? They may not even be able to make the chips..... Gamestop blows my mind on the shit they tell me and everyone else. F them.

#1104 7 years ago

There have been a handful of random game store employees that have said this. I do not get where this comes from. It is like they just don't want to deal with it anymore. However....stock keeps coming it is just super low. Similar ish to the switch.

#1107 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

They could make the original but with an updated board. Sega licenses the Genesis out for companies to remake it and use old cartridges. A lot of those remakes come preloaded with games too.
Being able to use the old cartridges on a HDTV would make the NESC a lot more attractive.

I fully agree a remake with a cartridge slot would be great. However unless you have the original chip set, it's emulating the game cart. Which people love to complain about. Like the retron5 emulates the games on the carts.

The Genesis one you mention is a Braizilian outfit that's done them before. I think they did the gen 3. However if you see the current version you can buy in stores it's a pile of shit.

#1112 7 years ago

The switch runs pretty cool and has an over sized gear sink too. I know it will get warm pushing graphics but so do my laptops

#1117 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I bought one of the $250 systems around Christmas. I bought Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2. It came with Gears of War 4, but it kinda sucks. The Forza's are fun, but I haven't had really any desire to play it much. But I was the same way. I've got the system, now what? Since most games are on both PS4, and Xbone, I still prefer the PS4. I think the too overly complicated menu system of the Xbone kills it for me.

Glad I'm not the only one confused and annoyed by their menu.

I have halo, gears of war and destiny for x1. Yet only play my hydro thunder hurricane on it

#1124 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

It took me so long last night to figure out how to play a blu ray on my neighbors xbox.

hahah. Have to download a separate app...it's so stupid. I think I've played one on mine.

#1126 7 years ago

nintendo direct is 4/12 for splatoon 2 and ARMS info!

#1135 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

When is the last time a SNES game felt so incomplete that it needed additional levels?

that is because 90% couldn't get past like level 2 or 4 hahahha. Games were so hard back then.

#1145 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Anyone at MGC check out the homebrew beanbag game that used the OG power pad? I think it was called Tailgate Party. In terms of video games I thought that was one of the more clever "new" ideas.

shoot! no I didn't Wish I had!

#1151 7 years ago

Yeah I'm gonna jump on that as I never bought into mario cart or splatoon for my WiiU.....perfect time to since they will basically be upgraded games from the WiiU versions. Hopefully the rumor becomes reality.

It is like 99.9999999%-100% likely to happen. The russian? Nintendo store leaked/launched it.

MK8 and splat2 will be freaking amazing!!!!

#1154 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm thinking about picking up a fat PS2 or slim PS3. I want a console to play on my front projection TV.
The problem is all disc based consoles not made by Nintendo or Sega have a terrible fail rate. Sometimes it depends on if you take care of it but other times it's a defect.
I'm gonna see what Gamestop charges for their refurbished systems (if that even means anything). I'll probably end up buying a bundle on CL or ebay.

fat ps2 wasn't a huge failure rate, you can also play games off the hdd if you "mod" it.

Ps3 laser replacements are so cheap now, and not too bad to swap. The ps3 had a meh failure rate but the ylod was what you should watch out for. If it tests good with a few different games, ps2 try a dual layer game (gran turismo), single layer, and cd based game. Otherwise for both get them warmed up with a movie and make sure they keep playing/reading.

#1169 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Finally got the switch and have been playing the new Zelda for a few hours. That game is great, and it seems there's a lot to do. Anyone else playing it?

Yup! But have to move wiiu to switch now :/ starting over :/

1 week later
#1179 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Puyo Puyo Tetris Today
I might be the only person excited about this but who cares

I played the jap and US demo, I suck sooooo bad at the game, but really enjoy casual tetris play. I got some how to videos from sega on youtube, so maybe I can get better and go buy it

I have mk8d preordered! Super excited

#1190 6 years ago

Switch stock is replenishing faster and faster now. May onl have to wait 2 days.

Idk why people are saying there isn't enough games.... between the few first party and indie games you should be set until ARMS or splatoon 2 and those will tide you for a while. Also there are a lot of unannounced games still coming...

#1194 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Because there really aren't enough games to convince me to upgrade from the Wii yet.

What kinda games you looking for?

A wii? Maybe a wiiu? At this point I can see not upgrading from a wiiu. But at the end of this year the switch will have a much better ready to go library.

#1196 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Just two games I'd want to play. Zelda and MK8 and Zelda has always been a mixed bag for me. I can get tired of them quick.
I'm not interested in Splatoon. Don't know what Arms is. So yeah. There's not enough games.
Besides there are enough games I missed through the years to keep me playing other systems. I remember what Nintendo (actually the majority of all) systems' launch is like. There's a mad rush to get the console and then a long wait for games.

there are soooo many good indie games though. I've never bought so many in my life until the Switch, while not all exclusive....I don't fully understand why people think there are not many games out? I mean if you are only wanting "NINTENDO IP" then ok, but there are many really good games out now not from Nintendo....

Launch day (March 3rd):

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo, March 3rd)
1-2-Switch (Nintendo, March 3rd)
Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! (Nintendo, March 3rd)
Just Dance 2017 (Ubisoft, March 3rd)
Skylanders Imaginators (Activision, March 3rd)
Super Bomberman R (Konami, March 3rd)
I Am Setsuna (Square Enix, March 3rd)
Fast RMX (Shin'en, March 3rd 2017)
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (March 3rd, 2017)
Voez (Flyhigh Work, March 3rd)
New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers (Arc System Works, March 3rd)
Vroom in the Night Sky (Poisoft, March 3rd)
Neo Geo Shock Trooper (SNK, March 3rd)
Neo Geo World Heroes Perfect (SNK, March 3rd)
Neo Geo King of Fighters '98 (SNK, March 3rd)
Neo Geo Waku Waku 7 (SNK, March 3rd)
Neo Geo Metal Slug 3 (SNK, March 3rd)
Othello (Arc System Works, March 3rd)
Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (Nicalis, near launch)

March 9th:

Blaster Master Zero (Inti Creates)
NeoGeo NAM 1975 (SNK)

March 16th:

NeoGeo The King of Fighters '94 (SNK)

March 23rd:

NeoGeo Neo Turf Masters (SNK)
World of Goo (Tomorrow Corporation)
Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation)
Human Resource Machine (Tomorrow Corporation)

March 30th:

Snake Pass (Sumo Digital
NeoGeo Metal Slug (SNK)

April 6th:

Lego City Undercover (Warner Bros)
Graceful Explosion Machine (Vertex Pop)
NeoGeo Alpha Mission 2 (SNK)
Has-Been Heroes (Frozenbyte)

April 13th:

Mr. Shifty (tinyBuild Games)
The Jackbox Party Pack 3 (Jackbox Games)

April 18th:

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (DotEmu)

April 20th:

NeoGeo Fatal Fury (SNK)

April 28th:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo)
Puyo Puyo Tetris (Koch Media)
Hamiko (Flyhigh Works)
NeoGeo Over Top (SNK)

2017 games with confirmed release dates:

Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (4J Studios, May 12th)
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (Capcom, May 26th)
Disgaea 5 Complete (NIS America, May 26th)
ARMS (June 16th)
Cave Story (Nicalis, June 20th)
Splatoon 2 (July 21st)
Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star (Marvelous, July 26th)
Other games confirmed for 2017:

Shakedown Hawaii (VBlank, 2017)
Rime (Tequila Works, May 2017)
Tumbleseed (aeiowu, Spring 2017)
Troll and I (Spiral House / Maximum games, Spring 2017)
Pocket Rumble (Chuckfish Games, Spring 2017)
Sonic Mania (SEGA, Summer 2017)
Dandara (Long Hat House, Summer 2017)
Stardew Valley (Chucklefish Games, Summer 2017)
NBA 2K18 (2K, September 2017)
Runner3 (Choice Provisions, Autumn 2017)
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda, late 2017)
Sonic Forces (SEGA, late 2017)
Fire Emblem Warriors (Nintendo, autumn 2017)
Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo, holiday 2017)
Project Mekuru (Nintendo, 2017)
NeoGeo The King of Fighters '99 (SNK, 2017)
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (FDG Entertainment, 2017)
Celeste (Matt Thorson, 2017)
Steamworld Dig 2 (Image and Form Games, 2017)
Yooka-Laylee (Playtonic, 2017)
Overcooked Special Edition (Ghost Town Games, 2017)
The Escapists 2 (Team 17, 2017)
Gonner (Raw Fury Games, 2017)
Kingdom, Two Crowns (Raw Fury Games, 2017)
Flipping Death (Zoink!, 2017)
Wargroove (Chucklefish Games, 2017)
Away: Journey to the Unexpected (2017)
Battle Chef Brigade (Adult Swim Games, 2017)
Duck Game (Adult Swim Games, 2017)
Enter the Gungeon (Devolver Digital, 2017)
Hollow Knight (Team Cherry, 2017)
Hover: Revolt of Gamers (The Sidekicks, 2017)
Ittle Dew 2 (Nicalis, 2017)
Mutant Mudds (Renegade Kid, 2017)
NBA Playgrounds (2017)
NeuroVoider (Flying Oak Games, 2017)
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (Cornfox and Seas, 2017)
Pankapu (Too Kind Studio, 2017)
Perception (The Deep End Games, 2017)
Portal Knights (505 Games, 2017)
Rogue Trooper Redux (Rebellion, 2017)
Space Dave! (Choice Provisions, 2017)
Splasher (Splashteam, 2017)
State of Mind (Daedalic Entertainment, 2017)
sU and the Quest for Meaning (Guillaume Bouckaert, 2017)
Terraria (505 Games, 2017)
The Fall Part 2: Unbound (Over the Moon, 2017)
The Next Penelope (Plug in Digital, 2017)
Thumper (Drool, 2017)
ToeJam and Earl: Back in the Groove (Adult Swim Games, 2017)
TowerFall Ascension (Matt Thorson, 2017)
Treasurenauts (Renegade Kid, 2017)
Ultimate Chicken Horse (Clever Endeavour Games, 2017)
Unbox: Newbie's Adventure (Prospect Games, 2017)
Monopoly for Nintendo Switch (Ubisoft, 2017)
Rayman Legends: Definite Edition (Ubisoft, 2017)
Sine Mora EX (THQ Nordic, 2017)
Battle Chasers: Nightwar (THQ Nordic, 2017)
Payday 2 (Overkill Software, 2017)
Namco Museum (Namco, 2017)
EA Sports FIFA (EA, 2017)

Nintendo Switch games with no release date

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (TBC)
1001 Spikes (Nicalis, TBC)
Arcade Archives (Hamster, TBC)
Constructor (System 3, TBC)
Cube Life: Island Survival (Cypronia, TBC)
Dragon Quest X (Square Enix, TBC)
Dragon Quest XI (Square Enix, TBC)
Dragon Quest Heroes I and II (Square Enix, TBC)
Dragonball Xenoverse 2 (Namco Bandai, TBC)
Farming Simulator (Focus Home Interactive, TBC)
Graceful Explosion Machine (Vertex Pop, TBC)
LEGO Worlds (TT Games, TBC)
Minecraft: Story Mode - The Compete Adventure (Telltale Games, TBC)
Redout (34BigThings, TBC)
Seasons of Heaven (AnyAny Productions, TBC)
New Shin Megami Tensei (Atlas, Western release unconfirmed)
Stardew Valley (Chucklefish Games, TBC)
State of Mind (Daedalic Entertainment, TBC)
Steep (Ubisoft, TBC)
Syberia 3 (Microids, TBC)
Project Octopath Traveller (Square Enix, TBC)
Taiko Drum Master (Namco Bandai, TBC)
New Travis Touchdown game (Suda 51 / Grasshopper, TBC)
New 'Tales of' RPG (Namco Bandai, TBC)
Seiken Densetsu Collection / Mana Collection (Square Enix, TBC)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Inti Creates, TBC)
Party Golf (Giant Margarita, TBC)
New Fire Emblem (2018)

#1201 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Well it's pretty easy to just copy and paste all of the games announced.
I'm not only talking Nintendo IP. I'm not talking small Indie games. Most of those Indie games are very old and available on many platforms including the vastly superior Steam. I'm talking physical games which is what sold people on the Switch. The promise of the return of cartridges.
I've been pondering recently how I probably won't be buying a PS4 or XBone. All of their physical releases are dependent on patches and unplayable offline. The PS3 and XB360 will probably be the last consoles I collect games for from those companies.

you just want to lick the cartridges don't you

I'm a big physical. I have like...5 games at the moment physical and 2-3 digital. THe ease of digital is nice but I love having a cartridge. If you are only counting exclusive physical games, then yes, the system is low ish. Waiting isn't a big deal. End of this year the console will have a very solid collection. It is about once a month a A title hits....so, Q1 2018 should be a great time to buy

#1222 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm not really content to see the company that produced my love of video games just sit back and commit suicide, which is what it what it seems like they've been trying to do with the 3DS, WiiU, and now the Switch. It's depressing. Their lack of reasonable online support sucks. Friend codes suck. No real Metroid games REALLY REALLY SUCKS. If they want to alienate 3rd parties with their decisions...fine..whatever..I have a PS4. But they *have* to fix these other things to get back on top, and they're not even remotely close. Pokemon is not going to solely fuel their profit margin, nor will limited release EXTREMELY high demand items that they then suddenly discontinue before 75% of the people that want them can buy them (Limited release Amiibos and NES Classic).
As for anyone else that wants to argue where my gaming loyaties lie...let me know when you've got ~2k worth of Nintendo pixels tattooed on you.

"Back on top"? They will never be back on top, in the fact they would over take MS or Sony. They will however out sell like a mofo to the casual and family gamer...which they are doing at a very fast pace with the switch. The new 2dsxl looks pretty good too.

#1232 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Hey, if they would just admit to everyone "BTW, we're done catering to our once-core audience, you guys can move on now" I'd stop hoping that they'll come around, at least. As it is, the only reason I'm going to buy a Switch to date is....Zelda and maaaaaybe Bomberman? :\ I don't even know why I'm going to waste the money on Zelda. I couldn't be arsed to finish Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess....both of them were just that awful to me. There was nothing to draw me in, and I gave up after probably less than 20 hours... just like I felt like Majora's Mask was a soulless shart after Ocarina of Time. I'm not sure I have enough faith left in Nintendo to gamble 500 bucks on them being able to produce a AAA game anymore. Clearly my opinion diverges wildly from what people find "good" anymore.
Does anyone seriously give two fecks about tablets as gaming devices? I never use the WiiU, or any of the other 4 tablets sitting around my house for uh.....anything....because my phone does it all, fits in my hands better, and isn't a footlong piece of plate glass waiting to shatter all over anything it gets dropped on. When I want a home console, I want that thing to be pushing boundaries graphically, not being intentionally crippled just so it can be mobile. IMO the only screen that's been worth a damn on a mobile handheld gaming platform...EVER....was the orignal PSP Vitas that had OLED screens. My current phone and my prior phone both used OLED screens, and I will NEVER go back given any kind of choice.

Agreed. My PS4 has seen very little gaming use. It was for Netflix and Blu-Rays and some PS+ games for a long time. I got about 90% of the way through GTA5, which I liked, and put in 40 hours into Final Fantasy XV until some douche on one of the cell phone FF reddit forums decided it was a great idea to post basically the whole end of the game, so now I have absolutely no motivation to finish it at all. Waited a long-ass time for that, only to ignore what I already knew....stay the f--k off the internet when you want to see a new movie or play a new game. I have no recourse, he won I guess.

You haven't even tried the new zelda yet? HOw can you bash soooo hard and have so much hate for something that you 1. haven't tried and 2. has been getting more praise then my puppy dog.

Bomberman R received an update 1-2 weeks ago to bring it to version 1.3? and for me, fixed all/99% of the issues at launch. Great game.

Zelda I bought on wiiu, played a while, got a switch and bought again. It is that amazing. Like no other zelda. Go buy the game on wiiu used or something if you don't want to give Nintendo your money... but I do not get your negativeness to something you haven't tried yet.

#1237 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

More back to the point of the thread...
If anyone's interested in my opinion of Puyo Puyo Tetris, I'll be able to tell you tomorrow. It showed up today and going to be having a throwdown tonight!

I really wanted to like the game, but I get DESTROYED when I play. I still find it fun. If you play local multi player it will be amazing. If you play vs cpu, prepare and get good

#1241 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Hmm...Now I'm intrigued. I love both of those games a lot.

Did you have a switch? Demo is on the us and jap eshop.

#1247 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

So I've been clearing out a lot of my games, but the system I always struggle with is the PS2. The games are still just such a great value it's hard for me to let them go. I actually just added Takio Drum Masters to my collection. I found the controller cheap at a pawn shop, but never bothered to buy the game. I found it for a few bucks on Amazon. Any other good "party game" suggestions for the PS2? I like games where you can play them for a few minutes and then walk away.

Cookies n Cream. Fantastic coop game. Id have to think otherwise. THe library is so freaking massive.... so many good games.

#1259 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Keystone and Kaboom are some of my favorites. kaboom gets very addicting
The game I play the most on my atari is Turmoil which I paid 75 cents for. one of the best parts of Atari is the price

I concur. Kaboom is super fun Mind as well get Halo repro on the atari too, for fun

1 month later
#1274 6 years ago

hope nintendo takes notes for if/when they make the snes classic:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/09/sega-genesis-flashback-console-includes-85-games-cartridge-support
can play actual cartridges and has wireless controllers packed in.

Ok so this one actually has pause, save rewind and hdmi out this one may not support the krizkrazz thing but we will see. I bet it's emulated so the 32x won't work either :/

#1277 6 years ago

Www.ataribox.com

Also I hear retron is releasing a retron 77 as a full Atari console

#1279 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Not sure if anyone else watched, but Nintendo's E3 presentation was kinda amazing. Zelda DLC, RPG Pokemon game for the Switch, a Kirby game, a cute yoshi game, not one, BUT TWO Metroid games--2D and Prime 4 (!!!) , and holy amazeballs, does Mario Odyssey look fun.
Nintendo always does a good job at warming the cockles of my heart.

It was great. All I need now is to know if MH XX is coming to the US on switch... :/

ARMS is out this week

#1286 6 years ago

Monster Hunter XX not slanted for US release on switch the 3ds people made a patch to translate it, but I'm hoping they add english to the japanese game, however...that is a long shot :/

1 week later
#1292 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Looks like Sega will be bringing a crap ton of their library to mobile.
Right now I'm playing a little Kid Chameleon and Sonic.
More games will be released monthly.

I $@&%# hate playing on mobile.

I have a few of sega's early mobile games like sor and sonic and ugh sucks to play on

#1296 6 years ago

Sega is bringing it to consoles after the mobile versions sell some, or so I heard.....

#1307 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've decided that if I have trouble getting the SNES mini, then I won't be making any further purchases that directly benefit Nintendo. Only used consoles and games moving forward for me. They've been f'ing people over for years now with Amiibos, the NES Classic, the Switch, and soon the SNES? Go. To. Hell. Do not pass my wallet, as that mofo is LOCKED UP and you guys aren't getting in it again.
*edit* Oh, and Ninty can also eat a big fat dick for announcing two Metroid games and neither one is an actual new game. Instead we get "2nd Worst Metroid Sequel 4" and "2nd Best Metroid Remake"? REALLY?

I understand being frustrated, but why wouldn't nintendo make these items that make them profit? You DON'T have to buy them. If you don't enjoy nintendo's new offerings, then go stay with the retro stuff.... for your SNESC just go pre order it, problem solved. I know I'll be throwing in a preorder for mine as the hunt was fun for nesc but annoying AF.

#1310 6 years ago

Yes Nintendo stated they will make more then nesc. But....well we know the demand is up too so....should be fun

#1320 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I don't know...go try and get an answer out of them. Demand was clearly there for 4x the amount of NES Classics actually produced and they left it on the table. Demand is clearly there for the Switch and they're saying that they HAD NO IDEA (right..) that demand was going to be high, and that shortages are going to continue through the end of the year, costing them sales as people get tired of waiting and go back to their PS4/XB1.

You're living in a fantasy world if you actually believe that.. they haven't shown ANY willingness to fix their incompetence over the last 5 years or so...you think *THIS* is the turning point? I highly doubt that.

Finally found the email chain from Nintendo

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/7b2373a93a/leaked-nintendo-emails-reveal-a-snes-classic-shortage

#1322 6 years ago

So how long till hackers extract the Star Fox 2 code and put it on an snes cart to play on an og snes?

If it uses the same SOC as the nes, which I think it will... mmmm a few hours THAT WILL BE AWESOME!!!

#1326 6 years ago

I heard SF2 was SFX 2, so you'd need one of those carts, like yoshi island, winter gold, or doom. May just need a wiring difference?

#1328 6 years ago

Here is the adapter to get the new big 8bit chip onto the nintendo pinout with the wire swaps done. This if I think for the fx1 board.

https://oshpark.com/profiles/The_Real_Phoenix

Here is much more detail on the exact specifics and the fx2 pinouts
https://snescentral.com/0/0/7/0077/sf2_faq.txt

However I don't know if the official "rom" will make any changes to the custom alpha that was "hacked" to get it to run. I'll be swinging by my local shop to see if they have any of those fx games to have on hand for a nice sf2 recreate

#1330 6 years ago

K so I did some digging

You'll want a game with a battery so you have have save points kept.....

Fx1/gsu1
Stunt racer fx

Fx2/gsu2 chip
Yoshi

Otherwise I've read doom works and winter gold is pal only. The fx2/gsu2 allows more ram to be used and I've read some that flashed to doom, that the game does run a bit better with the alpha build.

Stunt racer is $8 whole yoshi island is $30 :/

Edit: how much ram does yoshi have? Doom is great but no battery and I don't think it is easy to add one?

#1331 6 years ago

Yoshi has 256k
Doom has 512
The pal people got it mint with winter gold, gsu2 and 512k.

Most ideal situation is a yoshi cart with upgrade 512k or 1mb ram, mod for a15 and then sf2 :)But once snes classic is out we can see if they use hardware to emulate sfx or they did it all in the software emulation....that could help the everdrive and emulators. Super excited.

EDIT: Although it would only benefit if sf2 actually used gsu2's extra memory capabilities. Otherwise SRfx would be fine? as it uses gsu1 so the clock should be about the same as a gsu2.

#1338 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Controller could be an issue depending on if they could accurately replicate the analog stick or have to just fudge it......doubt the conroller design outside of that is the problem if they were able to replicate molds for the NES/SNES.
Not enough games? I'm pretty sure they could cobble together 15-20 worthy games...question is would licensing get in the way of things like Goldeneye, which everyone but me would want. For me, they could fill it with Mario 64, Kart, Smash Bros, Mario Party 1/2/3, Paper Mario, Yoshi's Island, OOT, MM....that's half of what they would put on there anyways.

Yeah, a lot of the good games are RARE games....which are MS's now :/
Goldeneye
perfect dark
Banjo etc
The hardware of that SOC should have no issue with N64 emulation as the NIN team has full access to hardware and writing emulator. The only thing I could see is when it gets hacked, the community would then use that emulator to play all the pirated games on pi and pc etc. The analog stick on the n64 could be done via the hardware it is the switch that doesn't have analog....but maybe they have new joycons with analog functionality? that joystick doesn't seem too far off a psp's.

#1340 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Maybe not in technical terms it's not, but the feel of it is MASSIVELY different to me from every playstation controller design, Xbox, and yeah, even the Dreamcast and Saturn. It makes a big difference, and in things like Smash Bros...IMO the Gamecube (which was closer to the other analog controls) just didn't feel as good as the N64 controller.

the feel of it moving is definitely it's own. I actually am meh on the joycons. I have a switch pro controller and love that for gameplaying. The joycons I only use when I'm mobile, and they are "fine". But man that pro controller is nice Just wish they would of had an analog trigger for some GCN VC

#1343 6 years ago

Yeah, I got a pro controller on launch, so glad I did. I never even set up the "normal" control of the two joycons in the plastic handle thingy until mario kart came out. feels way shitty compared to the pro controller hah. Its nice to play a nintendo console with a real controller for the first time in awhile. The pro controller is just great. SFII sucks with the joycons imo which sucks for the portable nature of the system and that game in particular.

Yeah, even joycons on ARMS is eh. THe pro controller on wiiu was great too. Hey if you get the wiiu usb gamecube adapter you can use GCN controllers on the switch while docked!

#1351 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Omg I love the Joy Cons for ARMS. I tried playing it with the Pro control and I just couldn't do it - Joy Con motion is so satisfying, so responsive ...I just love it.

oh, ya I dont do motion control.

#1352 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

WTF...
Man my PS4 controllers don't even last 4 hours.

uhhhh what are you doing with them You should get more then 4 hours....

#1353 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Key words.. "their batteries" lol.... I remember how many AA's I went through with my wiimotes... it wasn't pretty, but it was still better than the PS4 controllers.

Battery quality plays a large role as well. Wiimotes with high quality batteries last a lot longer. I think there are a handful of people that have tested them.

#1365 6 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

Does the pro controller ever have the 'losing contact with the console' problem that the left joycon has? It'd be nice to actually be able to play Switch games on a TV screen rather than being permanently stuck in handheld mode because of broken hardware design.

No never. I have it across my living room without issue. I never have had the left joycon issue either but I don't play with them across the room.

1 week later
#1374 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I think you mean composite (not component
however, speaking of component mods, the cables that HD retrovision is currently selling for the snes/super famicom, genesis/mega drive and saturn are pretty darn nice
if your tv supports 240p, these are definitely worth the cost as they eliminate all of that shimmering and blurriness
https://shop.hdretrovision.com/collections/component-cables

I snagged a cable for my genesis oh. my. gosh. is that a crisp ass picture now However what was weird was sonic 2 wouldn't boot, but nba jam did. I looked at their website and they even state sonic 2 may not work...wtf?

#1376 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sonic 2 has some problems on some setups because of the 2p split screen mode...it plays in a funky higher resolution. It should boot, though...just look screwed up in 2p mode.

Ya, wouldn't boot. Stayed black.... sooo not sure :/

1 week later
#1393 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Alright I caved in and bought the HD Retrovision Cables for Genesis and Snes.
My ps2 looks great through the Component on my CRT, I'm very excited for the Sega.
Been playing a lot of Genesis lately and picked up some good games over the weekend
GUNSTAR HEROS IS SO GOOD. never got around to playing it before but got a good deal on one complete and mint.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yes! It is good!!!
I recently picked up another copy of toe jam and earl, so much fun , I had lost my previous copy, glad I found another almost mint

Try sonic 2 and let me know if you get video.....

#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

I'm playing on a SNES and really enjoy the old times. Bought a few games but found the multicardride from krikkz few month ago. It plays all games in absolut original quality. Very pleased with that.
http://krikzz.com/store/home/27-sd2snes.html
» YouTube video

did you get the HD cables?
https://www.hdretrovision.com/snes/

I got them for my genesis....WOW. Talk about cripsy

#1398 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Will do.
now I need to RGB mod my 64

ultra hdmi

#1401 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Got the cables today.
Just wow it looks so amazing on my crt tv
Also sonic 2 played fine for me.
I just can't get over how good my genesis looks I'll be up late tonight.
Plus I got a vector man an a shinobi 3 for 5 bucks today

Oh I used an LCD tv. I think they had issues with the LCD tvs....
Something something 240 I remember

1 week later
#1409 6 years ago

Game stop online isn't horrible, otherwise you should check out your local video game stores

#1411 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

PS2 seems to be in that area where it's too old for Game Stop to carry it and it's too new to find in Retro shops. I may end up just having to go to ebay, it seems.

Mmm ya I see they have them but are not available online. Yeah, local shop, eBay or craigslist

#1413 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Ok, thanks. Not a lot of local options for me. I do need to check CL.

Dang :/ I live in a meh place and there are two or three stores that are local run old game places....not a giant selection but they I think would have ps2 stuff.

CL has some random deals! I found a lot of wiiu games on it!

2 weeks later
#1432 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Saw someone say that both Bestbuy and Amazon had preorders last night. Now, what's the point of signing up for the "Email for Notification" if they don't notify you?

That is what I was thinking too. However they sold so fast as bots are buying them.... retailers need to put an extra layer in so we don't have this bot buy up

#1445 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Speaking of Switch. What happened to their free game every month program? Thought their original plan it was going to be free for everyone this year, and then later on, you'd have to pay for the service?

that started with nintendo's online system, which isn't out yet :/

I went to BB today and was told they were not aware of instore preorders.....lol...great.

3 weeks later
#1471 6 years ago

Just announced

Snes classic will ship with more units then nes classic in 2017 and nesc will relaunch in summer 2018

#1477 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Real question is if the sideloading of additional games is going to be fixed or not. =\

Meh, just retro pic and buy the nice case.

I'm keeping mine all stock. And have a retropi for all the goofy crap

It is a som running Linux. I don't see how it couldn't be hacked :-p

#1478 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I didn't read through the entire thread....but why aren't people downloading emulators and such? Raspberry pi? just don't get it. but then again, I'm cheap and I don't understand a quarter of the things some people do.

Because it is an official Nintendo product.

I have a retropi for all stuff but it is awesomely nastolgic with the official classics. P

#1482 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Aren't these Classic Editions emulators too anyways?
I've got a RetroPie setup on my TV, I've also built 3 Gameboy Zero's so far. But I also have the NES Classic and have the SNES Classic on pre-order. Those two things aren't 3D printed, or cheap China knockoffs. The SNES won't be played, just like the NES hasn't ever been plugged in. They will live on my display shelf in my office.
Other people are hard to convince that a Retropie system is just as good. I've still been trying to convince a friend to buy the stuff for one, and I'll put it together. He's still dead set on bashing Nintendo for their marketing practices.

They are emulator based. However they are using true emulation from Nintendo code of original hardware instead of rebuilding the console to emulate how they think it should work. Which we should all be excited about because emulation of sfx games are meh and the snes emulator runs Fx games correctly and true!

#1485 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup...I don't want them for my main gaming purposes - but cuz they're cute & official Nintendo product. Although I love that Starfox 2 is on the SNES mini. That's awesome.

I'm so pumped I'll probably camp out with my switch and a friend but if I don't get it release night I am hoping to have them continue production.

1 month later
#1581 6 years ago

Who else is stoked for Super Mario Odyssey coming out tomorrow?? Getting great reviews

freaking people already got theirs today...my preorder I can grab at BB at 10am tomorrow...freaking pumped! I was watching the gamexplain live footage this am..sooooooo amazing.

#1585 6 years ago

Had to throw the snow tires on in the storm to go get Mario odyssey

093D6C88-DEF3-4170-AEAF-A9CF8ABEC967 (resized).jpeg093D6C88-DEF3-4170-AEAF-A9CF8ABEC967 (resized).jpeg

#1587 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I expected MARIO to be good but I didn’t think it would be as good as it is. Nintendo is back, Zelda and Mario are All Time level good. Pretty impressive start for Switch if the can deliver on Metroid who knows where they might end up. They could give Microsoft a bit of a run for the number 2 spot.

My gosh. I never have time for gaming, but I've been finding time for mario. It is sooooooo freaking good.

2 weeks later
#1624 6 years ago

I thought people hated sonic mania? wait. mania was the new sonic that plays like the old one and forces is the new one everyone hates? Yeah I bought the old school playing on digital and I love physical releases

1 week later
#1632 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Went to target yesterday hoping to find a snes classic. Came home with this as a consolation prize. Pretty sweet system. Everything plays well and there's a good selection of games. I need to track down a paddle controller now...

Kaboom!!!!

Man that is for sure a good paddle game

2 weeks later
#1648 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Anyone fool around with adding games to their snes classic? Just finally picked one up.

I’m keeping mine stock but I see that it’s easily done

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNES/comments/7562pc/modding_the_snes_classic_with_hakchi2_faq/

Maybe there is an updated tutorial?

1 week later
#1661 6 years ago

I was in the gameroom staring at my Dreamcast so I fired it up, played some hydro thunder and power stone 2....:what in the fly f is capcom doing not brining PS back?!? That game with updates to today’s controllers and graphics would be amazing, specially 4 player online or local.

Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

how does it play?
do you take the joy cons off and play with the screen vertical? could be fun.

Pbfx3 does!

#1664 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

yeah, I think that the original powerstone never left the case and was alway either in my dreamcast or sitting aside it when we were playing house of the dead, rival schools: project justice or sega bass fishing

mmmm house of the dead . I need to look, someone was hacking wiimotes w/ dreamcast guns so you could use them on LCD screens... Man I miss my DC, the games are obviously clunkier than the new games but they are so fun. Now we just need a hdmi/HD output. my vga isn't working on my tv.

#1668 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Dreamcast is still my favorite
I got one in 2001 and got most of my collection during the purge of software
Its the first system I played online, it helped me developed a love for shooters(shmups as some people call them), expanded my NES & Genesis tastes thanks to emulators, picked up the import bug that still sticks with me today, improved my typing with typing of the dead, and hell I even watch the whole xmen cartoon series and more with VCD's on the damn thing.
It has an amazing lineup, Like others I will still pull out the Power Stones and many others DC gems, and yes you can make arguments that others systems are better but it has that special part in my heart. I'm just glad I can still get new games for it today.
It's still thinking even in 2017

Ya! Dc was so awesome and unappreciated at the time. An arcade unit in your house?!

I have two dc’s, one for backup, just got the usbgdrom from overseas so I can save the gdrom. Hoping retrovision makes a hd plug n play cable.

#1671 6 years ago

I just watched a YouTube vid saying that sega and retrobit are going to work together to make genesis, dreamcast and Saturn mini consoles in 2018. Hopefully their good quality like the nintendo ones.

I think it was just controllers.... but maybe they’ll make more?

#1673 6 years ago

Well we will see! I mean I’d love a remake/classic, but it kind of sounds like just accessories for now until maybe they see how these sell?

http://retro-bit.com/retrobit-announces-sega-partnership

I’ll swing by their booth at ces, if they are in the hall near me.

2 weeks later
#1679 6 years ago

From ces! Everyone should be excited!

Specially the power cord for genesis

4633541B-6C18-4117-89B9-68C8C9E2F176 (resized).jpeg4633541B-6C18-4117-89B9-68C8C9E2F176 (resized).jpeg

5A97921E-670D-4267-9422-131301B85301 (resized).jpeg5A97921E-670D-4267-9422-131301B85301 (resized).jpeg

870B7705-08B1-4D09-869F-C6609A63C36F (resized).jpeg870B7705-08B1-4D09-869F-C6609A63C36F (resized).jpeg

F383EF9B-D9AD-4723-805F-77124B7BCBB9 (resized).jpegF383EF9B-D9AD-4723-805F-77124B7BCBB9 (resized).jpeg

9BBEFCAD-0DF5-412C-854A-6BE2DB539CEC (resized).jpeg9BBEFCAD-0DF5-412C-854A-6BE2DB539CEC (resized).jpeg

E1ED1578-9E4A-44D6-95BA-7B23460AB1A2 (resized).jpegE1ED1578-9E4A-44D6-95BA-7B23460AB1A2 (resized).jpeg

6433CF32-5240-48B6-B239-494D05A131DE (resized).jpeg6433CF32-5240-48B6-B239-494D05A131DE (resized).jpeg

2996A050-F6BA-4660-A2B0-4EA5DDF12D6A (resized).jpeg2996A050-F6BA-4660-A2B0-4EA5DDF12D6A (resized).jpeg

64490A52-4EBC-4329-B685-630B7FDBE2F5 (resized).jpeg64490A52-4EBC-4329-B685-630B7FDBE2F5 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1696 6 years ago

Sega Genesis

Moonwalker
Altered Beast
Combat Cars
Sonic 2 and newer
Road Rash 2 +
Haunted
Zombies ate my neighbors
Rocket Knight is good!

Just picked up at ta new local retro shop
CIB Combat Cars
CIB Blood wake
CIB Goldeneye Reloaded
gotta bust out the old xbox again

#1700 6 years ago

Man that looks so much better!

#1710 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Worst game ever, or the best?

is this the prequel to crazy taxi?

2 months later
#1734 5 years ago

I just snagged Wonder Boy for switch...Gorgeous game. but MAN does that bring back memories of HARD ass games with no "ball save" Really fun and great playing, but if you die 10+ times in a row sometimes you just need to set it down and come back later or you'll get frustrated as heck.

3 weeks later
#1741 5 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Is there anywhere you can grab a recommendation for each platform of console? My console collection is strong, but my game collection is only strong on certain consoles (and I doubt I want to complete that Atari Jaguar collection anytime soon). I saw the Everdrive listed above on N64 - other platforms?
Also - if anyone has a Keio Flying Squadron copy for Sega CD for a fair price, I'm that close to completing my Sega cd collection. Will have some pics to follow later. (in process of moving)

Ever drive makes a cart for almost all cart based consoles.... it’s amazing

3 months later
#1789 5 years ago

I was huge in the ps2 scene but it’s been years!

The ps2 slim should accept a usb hdd so you should be fine however I would verify. The fat ps2 is Nice because it’s classic with internal hdd. However it’s huge compared to the slim.....

#1792 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Yeah, forgot how small the slim was until I saw it in the store today. I remember getting the hard drive & FF, but don't remember really using the drive. Also remember getting the Ethernet adapter and never really using it either. Not much took advance of both of them.

I played socom so much online. But I remember the networkadapter/40gb hdd pack coming with FF and never playing it.

Quoted from Goalie:

Ugh, I still have emotional scars from working on that ethernet adapter and that setup disc it came with. True dev hell

your sacrifice made my early years so much better though!

Do you by chance know anyone that works at Monster games? They’ve done some work for Nintendo like excite truck and some other ports to ds.

1 month later
#1877 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe it's already been mentioned on here but if you're a fan of the Castlevania series you MUST watch the new show on Netflix!
It's basically the characters of Castlevania 3 with the backstory and motivations from Symphony of the Night. Easily the best video game adaption by a country mile.

season 2 needs to come ASAP!

1 week later
#1900 5 years ago

:-O

Quoted from jwo825:

How many episodes are in season 2?

#1906 5 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Don't you mean Dreamcast? I don't think Mr. Driller came out on the Saturn.

Uhhhhhhhhh Dreamcast. A actual hone arcade.... wish they could plan a second one with a lot of arcade games on it again... I never had a Saturn, but almost bought one to collect. I was told it had a lot of good games as well

#1909 5 years ago

Just finished castlevania anime season 2, wow. That was good. Makes me want to play sympthony of the night.

#1912 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

The same guy is now making a Devil May Cry show.

I saw that! Should be good!

Edit: waiting is going to suck :-p

1 week later
#1921 5 years ago

It's like Sony had AtGames make their ps1 classic

#1926 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The main gist of these minis is easy HDMI play for classic consoles & convenience of a nice curated collection (and the cute factor). That being said you can play PS1 games physically or digitally on a PS3 with hdmi, digitally on PS4.

ps2 also had ps1 play with those little enhancements incase no ps3 was around.

#1927 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...or if someone hacks it with a bevy of options & improves the thing entirely.

I will buy it if it is hackable and I can put my own games on, however if a DS could be used, it would just sweeten the pot. What I don;t like about buying it, is Sony is getting money and thinking it sold well but I only want it for the case.......

#1931 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No HDMI on PS2.

Mmmm, yes good point. I think they make component though? Hdmi is ultra convenient though

#1932 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I would be curious to see what someone comes up with in hacking this. Wonder how much storage they put in it? Just enough to hold only the games they put on it? Or more? And if it is limited, can it be expanded?

Couple good things, if they are using Linux and open source emulator, could add features. Also we know it has a usb bus (Nintendo used i2c) so there is the possibility of expanding storage more easily.

Edit: looks like 1gb ram and 16gb flash built on. I see a jtag or uart, so we could get info pretty quick...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eurogamer.net/amp/digitalfoundry-2018-playstation-mini-teardown

Using the open source emulator isn’t a bad thing, the community usually makes some great stuff....and if you see the project they have save states and rewind so if we can load that on... you have a nice system. Just sucks it wasn’t “from the factory”

https://docs.libretro.com/library/pcsx_rearmed/

#1934 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Other reason I canceled my pre-order is because I actually had no intention in playing it, even if someone were to hack it. The Raspberry Pi plays the games perfectly fine. I've been "collecting" all the games I've wanted from the PSX and putting them on my Pi.
I was actually really surprised that the games even play since N64 ones are terrible on the Pi.
So it appears that the it's probably the same emulator on the Retro Pie and PSX Classic? If that's the case, that's a big selling point for RPi.

Yes, it is the same, pscx-rearmed . So I hope they can get those cool features into the psx classic. I have a retro pi, but I really LOVE the look and feel of the original case and controller(s). The menu systems are pretty nice on these classics too, idk. I get both sides, it is easily done via a pi, and they make 3d printed cases, PLUS you could use a blue tooth controller.

#1935 5 years ago

Rumor from Kotaku, is the back of the psx classic box says:

"You'll be Jumping to Flash this with more ROMs!"

https://kotaku.com/playstation-classic-the-kotaku-review-1830668016

#1940 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Rumor from Kotaku, is the back of the psx classic box says:
"You'll be Jumping to Flash this with more ROMs!"
https://kotaku.com/playstation-classic-the-kotaku-review-1830668016

I guess that comment was a joke....

#1947 5 years ago

I have the usb gdrom thing, but haven’t installed it yet... ultra basic menu but super nice to browse and go

#1949 5 years ago

ps1 classic "hacking" is coming along nicely. New controllers, emulator options via keyboard, and some japanese people have the firmware dumped and looking into replacing the emulator with a newer version....nice.

1 week later
#1957 5 years ago

mmmmmmmm
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L6CL2BG/ref=sr_1_1

61rNEjpgzsL._AC_ (resized).jpg61rNEjpgzsL._AC_ (resized).jpg
#1959 5 years ago

Target currently has the psx classic for $75, then with a coupon on the cartwheel app is another $25 off and if you use the red card, 5% I think. So you can get your psx classic pretty cheap. Then I just saw a mod to add more current to the usb port so a hub can be used to power the usb stick and controller to run the bleem mod.

EDIT: so online target is $75, in store may not be, so you'll have to ask them to price match their website, then apply the coupon.

#1973 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Sounds like the PS classic is a dud.

Stock, yes. But hacked, should be pretty cool

#1976 5 years ago

I watched a YouTube video the other day. The video mentioned a guy got bleem running off a usb thumb drive and installed 50 games onto the psx classic. I didn’t see a link to the info though.

Yup, hack runs fully off usb, unplug it and you’re stock. Only issue is you need a hub to have the usb stick and controller for 2 player plugged in.

#1981 5 years ago

Ps1 “classic” with dual shock ability

#1985 5 years ago

Well, ps classic is $60 now at Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy and GameStop.
Wonder how low it'll go

It was 50 at target if you price matched and used the app cartwheel. I think that is how my wife got me mine for xmas The bleemcast aka hack app is continuing to get better and better.

#1987 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Sony could have just visited a few retro game shops/conventions and seen all the unwanted PS1's piled up like garbage and realized the nostalgia for this machine just isn't there.

eh, I think it could of been a decent hit if they did it correctly. Dual shock controllers and the correct games. It really is a @#$#@$ list of games on it. People are craving for a n64 classic and that had some crap looking 3d by todays standards too. ugh, and the 1 joystick controls for fps....you really have to want to play it.

#1993 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It could absolutely have DK games, those are Nintendo’s IP - Rare was the contract development house. DK Country is on the SNES Classic.
Rare’s games are overrated by Nintendo fan standards anyway. N64 would do great with only the 1st party titles:
Smash Bros, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Paper Mario, Mario Party 1/2/3, Dr. Mario 64, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Zelda OOT, Zelda Majora, Kirby Crystal Shards, F-Zero, Wave Race, Pilot Wings, Star Fox 64, DK64, Diddy Racing, Yoshi’s Story, 1080 Snowboarding, Blast Corp, Pokemon games, Pokemon Puzzle League, Excitebike 64

That list would crush it. The few games like golden eye and perfect dark are fan favs but if anyone played them, they would hate the controls, so maybe it is good not to have them. The only other games I remember loving we’re, wave race, hydro thunder, winback and wwf 2k

2 weeks later
#2010 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just binged the 12 eps of Hi Score Girl on Netflix...I think any retro gamer will love it! All real game footage, systems, tons of hilarious dialog and gaming references that are clearly written by a hardcore gamer who was there in the 80s and 90s.

I also binged that while at CES. However, I liked it but the girls being so in love with him, and him being so lost in arcade games....was kind of annoying, however I think most anime is similar...sooo thats just my gripe. Otherwise I enjoyed how much fact and realism it had to arcade games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.