DSC_4700 (resized).JPG
DSC_4699 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240405_080331 (resized).jpg
_20240411_210104 (resized).JPG
DSC_4645 (resized).JPG
DSC_4642 (resized).JPG
DSC_4626 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 62.
#1151 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Yeah I'm gonna jump on that as I never bought into mario cart or splatoon for my WiiU.....perfect time to since they will basically be upgraded games from the WiiU versions. Hopefully the rumor becomes reality.

It is like 99.9999999%-100% likely to happen. The russian? Nintendo store leaked/launched it.

MK8 and splat2 will be freaking amazing!!!!

#1152 7 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

All this talk about new systems and here I am waiting for a PC Engine Duo and an Intellivision to arrive.

I'm thinking about picking up a fat PS2 or slim PS3. I want a console to play on my front projection TV.

The problem is all disc based consoles not made by Nintendo or Sega have a terrible fail rate. Sometimes it depends on if you take care of it but other times it's a defect.

I'm gonna see what Gamestop charges for their refurbished systems (if that even means anything). I'll probably end up buying a bundle on CL or ebay.

#1153 7 years ago

I just saw these at a local retro gaming place - pretty cool!

IMG_0776 (resized).JPGIMG_0776 (resized).JPG

IMG_0777 (resized).JPGIMG_0777 (resized).JPG

#1154 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm thinking about picking up a fat PS2 or slim PS3. I want a console to play on my front projection TV.
The problem is all disc based consoles not made by Nintendo or Sega have a terrible fail rate. Sometimes it depends on if you take care of it but other times it's a defect.
I'm gonna see what Gamestop charges for their refurbished systems (if that even means anything). I'll probably end up buying a bundle on CL or ebay.

fat ps2 wasn't a huge failure rate, you can also play games off the hdd if you "mod" it.

Ps3 laser replacements are so cheap now, and not too bad to swap. The ps3 had a meh failure rate but the ylod was what you should watch out for. If it tests good with a few different games, ps2 try a dual layer game (gran turismo), single layer, and cd based game. Otherwise for both get them warmed up with a movie and make sure they keep playing/reading.

#1155 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I've had a FAT PS3 since day one and it still plays discs, blu rays, games and streams tv media without hiccups....sometimes loudly but works great n I use it daily. Same for my SLIM that I bought 6 years ago.

I went through many 360s in that time frame.....RROD!!!!!!

#1156 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If I were in your position, I'd pick up a fat PS2. It plays PS1 games as well, so the library is huge. You can mod it easily, and they're pretty cheap. I see then for $12-25 all the time at Goodwills and thrift stores. Just grab a couple so you have replacement parts on hand.

#1157 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I just saw these at a local retro gaming place - pretty cool!

I played hs on nes the other day. It's sooooo bad! Love seeing them cib and decent price to but it's been awhile since I've followed game prices.

#1158 7 years ago

Had the first gen PS3 Fat. It started to fail a few years ago. I fixed it a few times. Fixed the laser. And then it had the Yellow light of death a few more times. I didn't want to give it up since it had backwards capabilities. But after the 4th time opening it up, I decided that it was time to just get a slim.

#1160 7 years ago

guess ill never get one. never even saw one on a shelf ha. i think its neat but not worth the scalper price and i have a library of about 300 actual nes carts to play

#1161 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

guess ill never get one. never even saw one on a shelf ha. i think its neat but not worth the scalper price and i have a library of about 300 actual nes carts to play

Kinda sucks. I've got one now, but I'll never play it. Only wanted it for a shelf toy. I've got a facebook friend who has a 5 year old boy, and ever since it was released he's been in a pissed off mood about how he can never find one for his son to relive the games he grew up playing, and how the scalpers ruin everything. He reposts every article stating how much easier it is to find one now with a 3-5 paragraph rant about how terrible Nintendo and scalpers are. I'm sure an article about the shutdown of production won't make him any happier. I expect a 20 paragraph rant. I've offered to build him a Raspberry Pi system, but he won't take it.

#1162 7 years ago

With that announcement, the going price is now $1,500. Thanks so much Nintendo, thanks for nothing.

#1163 7 years ago

Was going to get one for the car....oh well. Not worth the money. Will just make a retro pi I suppose....

#1164 7 years ago

Mine has about 100 games on it now. Want to do the new trick that gets the whole nes library on it.

#1165 7 years ago

Ha Fortune just reported that they believe Nintendo discontinued the Classic because they did not want to cannibalize the sales for it's new Switch. I call BS, they freakin discontinued it because people learned how to hack it and people are offering to mod the Classic for a fee on CL. Nintendo does want their systems hacked with capabilities of adding nearly their entire library of games onto them. I knew this was going to happen when I first heard of the hack.

#1166 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I call BS, they freakin discontinued it because people learned how to hack it and people are offering to mod the Classic for a fee on CL.

That doesn't make sense either. They still have to sell the hardware to people to be able to do that. If anything, that'd boost sales. The Switch thing makes the most sense. There's more money to be made with that system in the long run.

#1167 7 years ago

The rasp pi I picked up has kodi 17 on it. I'm currently streaming the Bruins/Senators game live! (And I live in the country with slower internet)
Found all kinds of live tv and movies on it. And all the retro pie gaming. This little box kicks ass!

20170415_142824 (resized).jpg20170415_142824 (resized).jpg

#1168 7 years ago

Finally got the switch and have been playing the new Zelda for a few hours. That game is great, and it seems there's a lot to do. Anyone else playing it?

#1169 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Finally got the switch and have been playing the new Zelda for a few hours. That game is great, and it seems there's a lot to do. Anyone else playing it?

Yup! But have to move wiiu to switch now :/ starting over :/

#1171 7 years ago

Not surprising. I think this is what most people expected to happen. And it only makes sense.

Question is, do they put the previous NES games in an SNES Box? Or keep the two systems separate?

With the discontinued NES system, and the numerous people who still hadn't gotten one, I'd say the smart thing to do is to add both systems games into the new system. But for nostalgia reasons, if I didn't get the NES one, I'd still want them separate.

#1172 7 years ago

I think now that the Switch is out, Nintendo wants to sell these classic games through their store. Cheaper than manufacturing these mini systems. And they're going to do it all over again with the SNES Mini this fall.

Frankly, I'm disgusted. Though all these companies can be greedy, Nintendo just seems to be the worse. At least Microsoft and Sony don't play the "limited supply" game like Nintendo does.

#1173 7 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

At least Microsoft and Sony don't play the "limited supply" game like Nintendo does.

I remember when the Zapper gun first came out (the grey stand alone version), we searched and searched and searched and couldn't find it anywhere. My parents called all of our relatives to tell them to keep an eye out. To this day, I still remember my Dad's aunt as the one who eventually found the NES Zapper.

#1175 7 years ago

Puyo Puyo Tetris Today

I might be the only person excited about this but who cares

#1176 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Puyo Puyo Tetris Today

i thought about getting it but friday is mario kart so yay! but i will be at the Cactus Jacks Silverball Showdown so I wont be able to play it until monday

#1177 7 years ago

Yeah I'm getting for ps4 since I haven't got a Switch yet

Was about to import it but waited a bit and heard it was coming stateside.

I'm confident that I'm a good tetris player but need practice with puyo puyo.

I am jealous of you switch owners and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I still play 8 on my wii u. It almost makes me want to get a switch just for that.

Wife got me Mario maker the other day, I usually don't like level creators that much but damn that game is fun.

#1178 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Yeah I'm getting for ps4 since I haven't got a Switch yet
Was about to import it but waited a bit and heard it was coming stateside.
I'm confident that I'm a good tetris player but need practice with puyo puyo.

Is it still (pricey) physical game only or did they come to their senses and add a DLC version?

#1179 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Puyo Puyo Tetris Today

I played the jap and US demo, I suck sooooo bad at the game, but really enjoy casual tetris play. I got some how to videos from sega on youtube, so maybe I can get better and go buy it

I have mk8d preordered! Super excited

#1180 7 years ago

Ordered a new battery from China for my GBA Advance SP. Hopefully it will hold a charge with a new battery.

Then I'm going on a GBA game buying spree!

IMG_7482 (resized).JPGIMG_7482 (resized).JPG

IMG_7484 (resized).JPGIMG_7484 (resized).JPG

IMG_7483 (resized).JPGIMG_7483 (resized).JPG

IMG_7485 (resized).JPGIMG_7485 (resized).JPG

IMG_7486 (resized).JPGIMG_7486 (resized).JPG

IMG_7487 (resized).JPGIMG_7487 (resized).JPG

#1181 6 years ago

be careful of all those GBA bootlegs

Quoted from Rascal_H:

Ordered a new battery from China for my GBA Advance SP. Hopefully it will hold a charge with a new battery.
Then I'm going on a GBA game buying spree!

#1182 6 years ago

I went though a GBA spree a few years ago. I was a huge fan of the SNES but missed most of the handheld stuff.

#1183 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I went though a GBA spree a few years ago. I was a huge fan of the SNES but missed most of the handheld stuff.

SNES is my fav console, and the GBA is like a portable SNES, so many great games!

#1184 6 years ago

Any games I should be on the hunt for?

#1185 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

The Castlevanias are pretty fun. Advance Wars is good too but the DS interface is better. Sonic Advance, Rock and Roll Racing, Double Dragon Advance.

GBA started my love of handheld gaming. The DS was better. The 3DS worse. The PSP and Vita decent. I've recently started another run of Hotline Miami 2 on Vita.

#1186 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

these for sure:
zelda: minish cap
metroid: fusion
Metroid: zero mission
the golden suns
tactics ogre
the castlevanias
the fire emblems
kirby and the amazing mirror

#1187 6 years ago

thats a great list right there...

all the gba castlevanias and metroids are side scroller heaven!

the castlevania DS games are sweet too.

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

these for sure:
zelda: minish cap
metroid: fusion
Metroid: zero mission
the golden suns
tactics ogre
the castlevanias
the fire emblems
kirby and the amazing mirror

#1188 6 years ago

How's Switch availability in your area?

I keep asking when I'm in Gamestop just to see. I'm not really interested in buying one.

Last Thursday Bloomington had two but you had to buy their $444 bundle. By Sat. they were out. Newburgh got ten this week and they sold them without the bundle. By today all gone.

I'm tempted to buy one but there's just not enough games to play yet and probably won't be till next year.

#1189 6 years ago

I've seen switches a handful of times at target in the morning at opening.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

How's Switch availability in your area?
I keep asking when I'm in Gamestop just to see. I'm not really interested in buying one.
Last Thursday Bloomington had two but you had to buy their $444 bundle. By Sat. they were out. Newburgh got ten this week and they sold them without the bundle. By today all gone.
I'm tempted to buy one but there's just not enough games to play yet and probably won't be till next year.

#1190 6 years ago

Switch stock is replenishing faster and faster now. May onl have to wait 2 days.

Idk why people are saying there isn't enough games.... between the few first party and indie games you should be set until ARMS or splatoon 2 and those will tide you for a while. Also there are a lot of unannounced games still coming...

#1191 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Idk why people are saying there isn't enough games.... between the few first party and indie games you should be set until ARMS or splatoon 2 and those will tide you for a while. Also there are a lot of unannounced games still coming...

Because there really aren't enough games to convince me to upgrade from the Wii yet.

#1192 6 years ago

I ended up ordering a bundle with Zelda BOTW and MK8....neither of which I've played on my WiiU yet. It should be deleivered this week. The game selection is a short list of what I'd like to play but these will keep me busy. Plus I picked up Puyo Puyo and with Blaster Master zero and Graceful Explosion Machine on the Nintendo store that's enough as other gems trickle out on release dates.

#1193 6 years ago

Anyone else's Switch nun-chucks starting to look dirty around the buttons? It's not dirt, but worn. Like the lighter grey color is rubbing off, revealing a darker grey color.

#1194 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Because there really aren't enough games to convince me to upgrade from the Wii yet.

What kinda games you looking for?

A wii? Maybe a wiiu? At this point I can see not upgrading from a wiiu. But at the end of this year the switch will have a much better ready to go library.

#1195 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Switch stock is replenishing faster and faster now. May onl have to wait 2 days.

Just two games I'd want to play. Zelda and MK8 and Zelda has always been a mixed bag for me. I can get tired of them quick.

I'm not interested in Splatoon. Don't know what Arms is. So yeah. There's not enough games.

Besides there are enough games I missed through the years to keep me playing other systems. I remember what Nintendo (actually the majority of all) systems' launch is like. There's a mad rush to get the console and then a long wait for games.

#1196 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Just two games I'd want to play. Zelda and MK8 and Zelda has always been a mixed bag for me. I can get tired of them quick.
I'm not interested in Splatoon. Don't know what Arms is. So yeah. There's not enough games.
Besides there are enough games I missed through the years to keep me playing other systems. I remember what Nintendo (actually the majority of all) systems' launch is like. There's a mad rush to get the console and then a long wait for games.

there are soooo many good indie games though. I've never bought so many in my life until the Switch, while not all exclusive....I don't fully understand why people think there are not many games out? I mean if you are only wanting "NINTENDO IP" then ok, but there are many really good games out now not from Nintendo....

Launch day (March 3rd):

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo, March 3rd)
1-2-Switch (Nintendo, March 3rd)
Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! (Nintendo, March 3rd)
Just Dance 2017 (Ubisoft, March 3rd)
Skylanders Imaginators (Activision, March 3rd)
Super Bomberman R (Konami, March 3rd)
I Am Setsuna (Square Enix, March 3rd)
Fast RMX (Shin'en, March 3rd 2017)
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (March 3rd, 2017)
Voez (Flyhigh Work, March 3rd)
New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers (Arc System Works, March 3rd)
Vroom in the Night Sky (Poisoft, March 3rd)
Neo Geo Shock Trooper (SNK, March 3rd)
Neo Geo World Heroes Perfect (SNK, March 3rd)
Neo Geo King of Fighters '98 (SNK, March 3rd)
Neo Geo Waku Waku 7 (SNK, March 3rd)
Neo Geo Metal Slug 3 (SNK, March 3rd)
Othello (Arc System Works, March 3rd)
Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (Nicalis, near launch)

March 9th:

Blaster Master Zero (Inti Creates)
NeoGeo NAM 1975 (SNK)

March 16th:

NeoGeo The King of Fighters '94 (SNK)

March 23rd:

NeoGeo Neo Turf Masters (SNK)
World of Goo (Tomorrow Corporation)
Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation)
Human Resource Machine (Tomorrow Corporation)

March 30th:

Snake Pass (Sumo Digital
NeoGeo Metal Slug (SNK)

April 6th:

Lego City Undercover (Warner Bros)
Graceful Explosion Machine (Vertex Pop)
NeoGeo Alpha Mission 2 (SNK)
Has-Been Heroes (Frozenbyte)

April 13th:

Mr. Shifty (tinyBuild Games)
The Jackbox Party Pack 3 (Jackbox Games)

April 18th:

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (DotEmu)

April 20th:

NeoGeo Fatal Fury (SNK)

April 28th:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo)
Puyo Puyo Tetris (Koch Media)
Hamiko (Flyhigh Works)
NeoGeo Over Top (SNK)

2017 games with confirmed release dates:

Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (4J Studios, May 12th)
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (Capcom, May 26th)
Disgaea 5 Complete (NIS America, May 26th)
ARMS (June 16th)
Cave Story (Nicalis, June 20th)
Splatoon 2 (July 21st)
Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star (Marvelous, July 26th)
Other games confirmed for 2017:

Shakedown Hawaii (VBlank, 2017)
Rime (Tequila Works, May 2017)
Tumbleseed (aeiowu, Spring 2017)
Troll and I (Spiral House / Maximum games, Spring 2017)
Pocket Rumble (Chuckfish Games, Spring 2017)
Sonic Mania (SEGA, Summer 2017)
Dandara (Long Hat House, Summer 2017)
Stardew Valley (Chucklefish Games, Summer 2017)
NBA 2K18 (2K, September 2017)
Runner3 (Choice Provisions, Autumn 2017)
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda, late 2017)
Sonic Forces (SEGA, late 2017)
Fire Emblem Warriors (Nintendo, autumn 2017)
Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo, holiday 2017)
Project Mekuru (Nintendo, 2017)
NeoGeo The King of Fighters '99 (SNK, 2017)
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (FDG Entertainment, 2017)
Celeste (Matt Thorson, 2017)
Steamworld Dig 2 (Image and Form Games, 2017)
Yooka-Laylee (Playtonic, 2017)
Overcooked Special Edition (Ghost Town Games, 2017)
The Escapists 2 (Team 17, 2017)
Gonner (Raw Fury Games, 2017)
Kingdom, Two Crowns (Raw Fury Games, 2017)
Flipping Death (Zoink!, 2017)
Wargroove (Chucklefish Games, 2017)
Away: Journey to the Unexpected (2017)
Battle Chef Brigade (Adult Swim Games, 2017)
Duck Game (Adult Swim Games, 2017)
Enter the Gungeon (Devolver Digital, 2017)
Hollow Knight (Team Cherry, 2017)
Hover: Revolt of Gamers (The Sidekicks, 2017)
Ittle Dew 2 (Nicalis, 2017)
Mutant Mudds (Renegade Kid, 2017)
NBA Playgrounds (2017)
NeuroVoider (Flying Oak Games, 2017)
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (Cornfox and Seas, 2017)
Pankapu (Too Kind Studio, 2017)
Perception (The Deep End Games, 2017)
Portal Knights (505 Games, 2017)
Rogue Trooper Redux (Rebellion, 2017)
Space Dave! (Choice Provisions, 2017)
Splasher (Splashteam, 2017)
State of Mind (Daedalic Entertainment, 2017)
sU and the Quest for Meaning (Guillaume Bouckaert, 2017)
Terraria (505 Games, 2017)
The Fall Part 2: Unbound (Over the Moon, 2017)
The Next Penelope (Plug in Digital, 2017)
Thumper (Drool, 2017)
ToeJam and Earl: Back in the Groove (Adult Swim Games, 2017)
TowerFall Ascension (Matt Thorson, 2017)
Treasurenauts (Renegade Kid, 2017)
Ultimate Chicken Horse (Clever Endeavour Games, 2017)
Unbox: Newbie's Adventure (Prospect Games, 2017)
Monopoly for Nintendo Switch (Ubisoft, 2017)
Rayman Legends: Definite Edition (Ubisoft, 2017)
Sine Mora EX (THQ Nordic, 2017)
Battle Chasers: Nightwar (THQ Nordic, 2017)
Payday 2 (Overkill Software, 2017)
Namco Museum (Namco, 2017)
EA Sports FIFA (EA, 2017)

Nintendo Switch games with no release date

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (TBC)
1001 Spikes (Nicalis, TBC)
Arcade Archives (Hamster, TBC)
Constructor (System 3, TBC)
Cube Life: Island Survival (Cypronia, TBC)
Dragon Quest X (Square Enix, TBC)
Dragon Quest XI (Square Enix, TBC)
Dragon Quest Heroes I and II (Square Enix, TBC)
Dragonball Xenoverse 2 (Namco Bandai, TBC)
Farming Simulator (Focus Home Interactive, TBC)
Graceful Explosion Machine (Vertex Pop, TBC)
LEGO Worlds (TT Games, TBC)
Minecraft: Story Mode - The Compete Adventure (Telltale Games, TBC)
Redout (34BigThings, TBC)
Seasons of Heaven (AnyAny Productions, TBC)
New Shin Megami Tensei (Atlas, Western release unconfirmed)
Stardew Valley (Chucklefish Games, TBC)
State of Mind (Daedalic Entertainment, TBC)
Steep (Ubisoft, TBC)
Syberia 3 (Microids, TBC)
Project Octopath Traveller (Square Enix, TBC)
Taiko Drum Master (Namco Bandai, TBC)
New Travis Touchdown game (Suda 51 / Grasshopper, TBC)
New 'Tales of' RPG (Namco Bandai, TBC)
Seiken Densetsu Collection / Mana Collection (Square Enix, TBC)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Inti Creates, TBC)
Party Golf (Giant Margarita, TBC)
New Fire Emblem (2018)

#1197 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

This is one of my favorite sites for retro game selections: http://www.racketboy.com/. Lot's of information on most systems. I especially like the "undiscovered" sections. It's really a complete list too because before offering the "undiscovered" picks they go over the "obvious choices" by category. Here is a link to the GBA: http://www.racketboy.com/retro/nintendo/gba/best-undiscovered-nintendo-game-boy-advance-gba-games. Some random stuff I picked up after reading the article was: Disney’s Lilo & Stitch, Drill Dozer, and Iridion II. I had no idea Disney's Lilo & Stitch was a Metal Slug style shooter. Since this is a pinball site, I'll also give a quick nod to Pinball of the Dead. It's a House of the Dead game where you bash zombies with a pinball. I can appreciate virtual pinball that doesn't try to emulate, but instead tries to create an experience that you can't get on a traditional table.

#1198 6 years ago

Does anyone have an extra GameCube power supply they would be interested in selling. Looking to spend around $10 shipped.

#1199 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Does anyone have an extra GameCube power supply they would be interested in selling. Looking to spend around $10 shipped.

I just bought a PS2 slim power supply at a Game World for $12. Check your local stores.

#1200 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

there are soooo many good indie games though. I've never bought so many in my life until the Switch, while not all exclusive....I don't fully understand why people think there are not many games out? I mean if you are only wanting "NINTENDO IP" then ok, but there are many really good games out now not from Nintendo....
Launch day (March 3rd):
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo, March 3rd)
1-2-Switch (Nintendo, March 3rd)
Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! (Nintendo, March 3rd)
Just Dance 2017 (Ubisoft, March 3rd)
Skylanders Imaginators (Activision, March 3rd)
Super Bomberman R (Konami, March 3rd)
I Am Setsuna (Square Enix, March 3rd)
Fast RMX (Shin'en, March 3rd 2017)
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (March 3rd, 2017)
Voez (Flyhigh Work, March 3rd)
New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers (Arc System Works, March 3rd)
Vroom in the Night Sky (Poisoft, March 3rd)
Neo Geo Shock Trooper (SNK, March 3rd)
Neo Geo World Heroes Perfect (SNK, March 3rd)
Neo Geo King of Fighters '98 (SNK, March 3rd)
Neo Geo Waku Waku 7 (SNK, March 3rd)
Neo Geo Metal Slug 3 (SNK, March 3rd)
Othello (Arc System Works, March 3rd)
Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (Nicalis, near launch)
March 9th:
Blaster Master Zero (Inti Creates)
NeoGeo NAM 1975 (SNK)
March 16th:
NeoGeo The King of Fighters '94 (SNK)
March 23rd:
NeoGeo Neo Turf Masters (SNK)
World of Goo (Tomorrow Corporation)
Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation)
Human Resource Machine (Tomorrow Corporation)
March 30th:
Snake Pass (Sumo Digital
NeoGeo Metal Slug (SNK)
April 6th:
Lego City Undercover (Warner Bros)
Graceful Explosion Machine (Vertex Pop)
NeoGeo Alpha Mission 2 (SNK)
Has-Been Heroes (Frozenbyte)
April 13th:
Mr. Shifty (tinyBuild Games)
The Jackbox Party Pack 3 (Jackbox Games)
April 18th:
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (DotEmu)
April 20th:
NeoGeo Fatal Fury (SNK)
April 28th:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo)
Puyo Puyo Tetris (Koch Media)
Hamiko (Flyhigh Works)
NeoGeo Over Top (SNK)
2017 games with confirmed release dates:
Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (4J Studios, May 12th)
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (Capcom, May 26th)
Disgaea 5 Complete (NIS America, May 26th)
ARMS (June 16th)
Cave Story (Nicalis, June 20th)
Splatoon 2 (July 21st)
Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star (Marvelous, July 26th)
Other games confirmed for 2017:
Shakedown Hawaii (VBlank, 2017)
Rime (Tequila Works, May 2017)
Tumbleseed (aeiowu, Spring 2017)
Troll and I (Spiral House / Maximum games, Spring 2017)
Pocket Rumble (Chuckfish Games, Spring 2017)
Sonic Mania (SEGA, Summer 2017)
Dandara (Long Hat House, Summer 2017)
Stardew Valley (Chucklefish Games, Summer 2017)
NBA 2K18 (2K, September 2017)
Runner3 (Choice Provisions, Autumn 2017)
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda, late 2017)
Sonic Forces (SEGA, late 2017)
Fire Emblem Warriors (Nintendo, autumn 2017)
Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo, holiday 2017)
Project Mekuru (Nintendo, 2017)
NeoGeo The King of Fighters '99 (SNK, 2017)
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (FDG Entertainment, 2017)
Celeste (Matt Thorson, 2017)
Steamworld Dig 2 (Image and Form Games, 2017)
Yooka-Laylee (Playtonic, 2017)
Overcooked Special Edition (Ghost Town Games, 2017)
The Escapists 2 (Team 17, 2017)
Gonner (Raw Fury Games, 2017)
Kingdom, Two Crowns (Raw Fury Games, 2017)
Flipping Death (Zoink!, 2017)
Wargroove (Chucklefish Games, 2017)
Away: Journey to the Unexpected (2017)
Battle Chef Brigade (Adult Swim Games, 2017)
Duck Game (Adult Swim Games, 2017)
Enter the Gungeon (Devolver Digital, 2017)
Hollow Knight (Team Cherry, 2017)
Hover: Revolt of Gamers (The Sidekicks, 2017)
Ittle Dew 2 (Nicalis, 2017)
Mutant Mudds (Renegade Kid, 2017)
NBA Playgrounds (2017)
NeuroVoider (Flying Oak Games, 2017)
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (Cornfox and Seas, 2017)
Pankapu (Too Kind Studio, 2017)
Perception (The Deep End Games, 2017)
Portal Knights (505 Games, 2017)
Rogue Trooper Redux (Rebellion, 2017)
Space Dave! (Choice Provisions, 2017)
Splasher (Splashteam, 2017)
State of Mind (Daedalic Entertainment, 2017)
sU and the Quest for Meaning (Guillaume Bouckaert, 2017)
Terraria (505 Games, 2017)
The Fall Part 2: Unbound (Over the Moon, 2017)
The Next Penelope (Plug in Digital, 2017)
Thumper (Drool, 2017)
ToeJam and Earl: Back in the Groove (Adult Swim Games, 2017)
TowerFall Ascension (Matt Thorson, 2017)
Treasurenauts (Renegade Kid, 2017)
Ultimate Chicken Horse (Clever Endeavour Games, 2017)
Unbox: Newbie's Adventure (Prospect Games, 2017)
Monopoly for Nintendo Switch (Ubisoft, 2017)
Rayman Legends: Definite Edition (Ubisoft, 2017)
Sine Mora EX (THQ Nordic, 2017)
Battle Chasers: Nightwar (THQ Nordic, 2017)
Payday 2 (Overkill Software, 2017)
Namco Museum (Namco, 2017)
EA Sports FIFA (EA, 2017)
Nintendo Switch games with no release date
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (TBC)
1001 Spikes (Nicalis, TBC)
Arcade Archives (Hamster, TBC)
Constructor (System 3, TBC)
Cube Life: Island Survival (Cypronia, TBC)
Dragon Quest X (Square Enix, TBC)
Dragon Quest XI (Square Enix, TBC)
Dragon Quest Heroes I and II (Square Enix, TBC)
Dragonball Xenoverse 2 (Namco Bandai, TBC)
Farming Simulator (Focus Home Interactive, TBC)
Graceful Explosion Machine (Vertex Pop, TBC)
LEGO Worlds (TT Games, TBC)
Minecraft: Story Mode - The Compete Adventure (Telltale Games, TBC)
Redout (34BigThings, TBC)
Seasons of Heaven (AnyAny Productions, TBC)
New Shin Megami Tensei (Atlas, Western release unconfirmed)
Stardew Valley (Chucklefish Games, TBC)
State of Mind (Daedalic Entertainment, TBC)
Steep (Ubisoft, TBC)
Syberia 3 (Microids, TBC)
Project Octopath Traveller (Square Enix, TBC)
Taiko Drum Master (Namco Bandai, TBC)
New Travis Touchdown game (Suda 51 / Grasshopper, TBC)
New 'Tales of' RPG (Namco Bandai, TBC)
Seiken Densetsu Collection / Mana Collection (Square Enix, TBC)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Inti Creates, TBC)
Party Golf (Giant Margarita, TBC)
New Fire Emblem (2018)

Well it's pretty easy to just copy and paste all of the games announced.

I'm not only talking Nintendo IP. I'm not talking small Indie games. Most of those Indie games are very old and available on many platforms including the vastly superior Steam. I'm talking physical games which is what sold people on the Switch. The promise of the return of cartridges.

I've been pondering recently how I probably won't be buying a PS4 or XBone. All of their physical releases are dependent on patches and unplayable offline. The PS3 and XB360 will probably be the last consoles I collect games for from those companies.

There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.