4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #96 sarcophagus switch fix. Posted by DG_Amuse (5 years ago)

Post #434 Black t-moulding pictured to replace stock banana yellow. Posted by Strummy (5 years ago)

Post #597 Stern fix for Newton Ball issues on LE Posted by Fytr (5 years ago)

Post #887 Fix for fast balls not registering on upper loop Posted by PinNin (5 years ago)

Post #1039 Picture of factory fix for bad mummy newton ball on Prem/LE Posted by RA77 (5 years ago)

Post #1343 Fix for fast balls leaving wireforms Posted by Kevlar (5 years ago)

Post #1452 Shim method to get auto launch to work nearly 100% Posted by hank35 (5 years ago)

Post #1713 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Fix auto launch consistency with stronger coil Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1534 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Another issue....

The ball is getting stuck behind the mechanism that holds it before letting down to the sacrophagus. It is really bad during multi-ball. I have gotten three cuaght back there and the only way to release is to tilt. When it is one ball caught back there, you can wait it oit for the machine to try to clear it. Very frustrating especially during a good game!

Do you mean the ball is getting stuck behind the top newton ball and not going down into the under playfield plastic trough? I noticed mine was doing this and lifted the playfield for a look underneath. The screw holding the trough that is closest to the drop point from the lock had come out which was causing the trough to droop away from the playfield and creating a bigger gap in between, which in turn was making the ball jam there.

#1553 5 years ago

I have more trouble with the manual plunge, the auto plunge works 9 times out of 10 from factory.

#1556 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I was starting to have the same problem. Took a look today and the rubber tip on the plunger wasn't straight. It was a little crooked and would not hit the ball dead center all the time. Adjusted the rubber tip to be straight, and now it works again

My rubber tip is straight but i think the assembly needs a shufty to the left, waiting on some Cliffys yet so i can do all at once.
Merry Maiden Christmas ALL!!
A quick story.... My bro and i have been playing all the pins and also some pool in between most of the afternoon...first press of the button on the Maiden and the machine comes out with DIRTY POOOLLLL. Well played machine, well played

4 months later
#1965 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the output of the power supply to the power distribution board and make sure it is at least 48v. Usually if that drops low the watchdog circuit resets the machine, but maybe they've changed it so it only limits power usage until the levels come back up

Certainly sounds like a power issue, considering the PF led's all go out too. I'm familiar with a B/W reset issue from the watchdog circuit and how the machine reacts to that, not had this issue with my Maiden as yet. My Monopoly was doing a reset thing cause of a dodgy plug connection and that resets fully, dmd, etc, etc.

1 month later
#1992 4 years ago
Quoted from marknkidz:

i did take all 3 machine screws off, tried to re-align when tightening, but it fell right back to same position

You would need to loosen the complete mech assembly from underneath the play field i would be thinking. There will absolutely zero adjustment available for the 3 screws that hold the flap onto the mech itself. I've not had to adjust my mech but i did have to temporarily remove it to attach the Cliffy for the hole but this was some time ago and i can't recall offhand how much adjustment could be made from that side. Someone should know though.

1 month later
#2093 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mouser has specifically engineered anti-vibration grommets that are are my "to do" list to try

Got a link for these Vic?

1 month later
#2145 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Should it also be on with the GI

Nope, the left pop is a flasher only!

#2147 4 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I've always wondered this too. Guess now i know

Flasher might be slightly incorrect as i've not had the plastic off to check the LED underneath, could be just a controlled LED to be more precise but it sure doesn't stay on all the time like the other 2

4 months later
#2233 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No problem. It's a common issue on Iron Maiden specifically, but the diagnostic to find mis-firing switches is a great tool for all machines.

People always look at me weird when i mention the term "percussive maintenance" but it works a treat with some things.

#2235 4 years ago

Ohh nooooo he hasn't??? pleaseee noooooo

2 months later
#2264 4 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

I'm brainstorming that now

If you can come up with a mod or alteration that is reliable in the long term then i reckon there will be heaps of people that will thank you, or pay you

#2280 4 years ago

I only removed the lift ramp top and that was it!! For sure it wasn't 'easy' to remove the mylar, clean the residual glue off and put the protector in it's place, just took some extra patience....hmmm and a few swear words...OK a LOT of swearing

#2284 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I used a stick wrapped in a microfiber cloth to get it pressed down firmly (since I couldn't get my fat fingers in there).

Ditto about the fat fingers but i used a slightly different method. Several test fits to suss out where it should go in my head, used a hobby paint brush handle with a nice blob of blue tack attached to it, pressed onto the protector and peeled the whole backing off and then located and pressed in.

8 months later
#2377 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

How did this slip by Sterns quality control team on my Maiden premium?

Those wires ARE for the tournament button!! (Wire colours are a dual red, a dual black/white stripe, a yellow/red stripe and grey/white stripe) The colour wires shown in the picture that are connected to the interlock button are different (one is red/white stripe, one looks to be solely white, a black/yellow stripe and one that looks to be solely black) There's no interlock switch on my premium and NO spare wires anywhere in the vicinity to add it later.

#2379 3 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

When I put the new code on it did a restore factory settings and I lost the high scores. The last update it did not do that, same with Jurassic Park kept high scores after update. Did I pick the wrong option in the update menu? As in... does "full update" clear settings but "quick update" retains them? I usually pick quick but I think I did full for whatever reason as I was working on other stuff and time length of update did not matter.

From what i've heard in the main Maiden thread it was normal yeah but apparently any updates from now on will retain settings and scores. I did a full update this time too, kinda thought that was the way you're supposed to do it? From memory the last update cleared my scores also.

#2382 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Does nobody read anything before they just download and install anymore? One of the very first things in the read me file is a bold header stating that this update will erased current scores but future updates will not

YES i did read that!! Scores don't bother me as i play for fun first

#2384 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

So why the concern about saving your scores?
Contradictions are tight.

Read back, i don't think i expressed any concerns about losing my scores in my comments?? I was merely stating the facts.
I'd forgotten about reading the Readme file but hey when i posted that i'd been drinking for 3 hours at least Gotta remember that we're ahead of you guys by 12-14 hours and it was already NYE drinkies going down nicely

7 months later
#2414 2 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

This was the identical issue i had. I haven’t found a hardware store yet that has the C clip (too small). A buddy of mine said he may have it laying around, hoping it is the right size.

https://www.pinballlife.com/e-clips.html

#2416 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Ah very cool, didn’t know they were called e clips; happen to know which size is on the maiden pin; otherwise I’ll just order one of each

No sorry, mine hasn't come off (yet) so haven't had to take a look at it. For reference the biggest size in that link (3/8") is for shooter rods (won't be that big) Just going off the pics of the shaft i reckon it will either be 3/16" or 7/32" (my bet is on 3/16"), very much doubt it's the tiny 1/8" size but best to get some of each anyway

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues?tu=mancave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.