20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg
iron maiden error (resized).jpg
C1157A43-A15F-4157-914B-78374073DABC (resized).jpeg
77A7F54D-98B1-4CD5-A539-DB355D7A0132 (resized).jpeg
41FBB21D-74AF-4154-A5F9-75018253FC0E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20201105-015446 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,479 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 50.
#2451 3 months ago
Quoted from RKip455:

Hello, I'm having an issue on the right obit... ball getting caught up under the rear obit plate. Anony... was this your problem?
ow do I contact stern and what or how did you describe it? Was it an easy replacement?
Thanks!
RK

I didn't actually have an issue, but my machine was made before the orbit plate so I contacted them to get one since repeated drops from the pharoah shot ramp can damage the playfield over time apparently.

I've seen other people with the issue you're describing though. The plate protecting the orbit peels or bends up over time and has to be replaced. Some people had luck contacting [email protected] to get a replacement. Cliffy also has a carbon fibre replacement but I didn't see any posts from people who have tried it.

#2452 3 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

Interesting, my game is also 3 years old. (I'm the newest owner) but they had no problem sending me the rear orbit protector plate without anything except my S/N.
I guess they've decided one issue is bad enough to warrant a no questions warranty action, the other not so much.

I am the second owner of my machine and the previous owner already had Stern send the metal orbit protector. Certainly seems like that issue has a longer warranty period. For what it's worth, I did not expect them to replace my wireforms being the machine was 3 years old. I'm not sure how it was played for 3 years without fixing it when first purchased. I figured, what would it hurt to send Stern an email with the issue and see what they say. Easy fix regardless.

#2453 3 months ago
Quoted from Monk:

I am the second owner of my machine and the previous owner already had Stern send the metal orbit protector. Certainly seems like that issue has a longer warranty period. For what it's worth, I did not expect them to replace my wireforms being the machine was 3 years old. I'm not sure how it was played for 3 years without fixing it when first purchased. I figured, what would it hurt to send Stern an email with the issue and see what they say. Easy fix regardless.

That's good to hear. I was planning on taking a dremel to them this weekend but I'd love to get a new set. I will give Stern a try.

#2454 3 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

I didn't actually have an issue, but my machine was made before the orbit plate so I contacted them to get one since repeated drops from the pharoah shot ramp can damage the playfield over time apparently.
I've seen other people with the issue you're describing though. The plate protecting the orbit peels or bends up over time and has to be replaced. Some people had luck contacting [email protected] to get a replacement. Cliffy also has a carbon fibre replacement but I didn't see any posts from people who have tried it.

I just installed Cliffy’s carbon fiber protector this morning because the stern protector on my month old Premium kept lifting up on the right side. Cliffy’s seems to have a better adhesive. I’ll let you know what I find out after some games.

#2455 3 months ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

I just installed Cliffy’s carbon fiber protector this morning because the stern protector on my month old Premium kept lifting up on the right side. Cliffy’s seems to have a better adhesive. I’ll let you know what I find out after some games.

That would be great, I read the entire Iron Maiden owner's club and this entire thread and no one actually gave a review of how it works, so I think you'd be the first.

#2456 3 months ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

Thanks... so all I have to do is reapply it with an Adhesive?

#2457 3 months ago

Cliffy’s protector comes with a 3M adhesive on the back. You use a small wetnap like swab of its activator when you put it in place and it seemed to be more secure from the start. The stern protector was only coming up on the right side, if I pushed it back down it would stick until a couple of shots rolled over it. Cliffy’s has more surface area so it might stay attached better.

#2458 3 months ago

Several games in and Cliffy’s has been a definite improvement.

#2459 89 days ago

Just started having an issue with my IMLE
The ball is struggling to exit the underworld scoop, it takes a couple of attempts and sort of just dribbles out
Anyone else ever have had this happen?
If so, any fix suggestions?
Many thanks

#2460 88 days ago

Wow I got the playfield protector from Stern and it's bent. They shipped it in a paper envelope so it could easily be bent. Bummer, but I think I can bend it back enough to work for now.
PXL_20211025_171359025 (resized).jpg

#2461 88 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

Wow I got the playfield protector from Stern and it's bent. They shipped it in a paper envelope so it could easily be bent. Bummer, but I think I can bend it back enough to work for now.

That's not bad... it should flatten out when you apply it. Just make sure you clean up the playfield well first so the adhesive sticks.

#2462 87 days ago

A friend of mine just got his pro. I immediately noticed that the playfield had that print line issue from a couple years ago. I didn't realize this was still an issue. I've been lucky myself. I also noticd that most of the dark coloring on the inserts is very pale. The Eddie arrows seem light grey compared to my own darker ones.
I know he is just pumped to have his Maiden but these issue would irritate the hell out of me and I'm the kind of guy who believes dimples all blend together after a few thousand games. I'm not overly nit picky but the playfield looks...ugly. Worth reporting to Stern?

#2463 87 days ago
20211023_120401 (resized).jpg
#2464 87 days ago

I don't have a picture of the print lines. I didn't want to make a stink on his first day owning the game.

#2465 87 days ago

That looks really bad, like the printer ran out of ink when comparing to mine.

BTW the orbit protector bent back in shape pretty easily but Stern still sent me a new one, they said it's the first time someone's had it bent in the mail. How nice of them, pretty happy with their service so far considering it's an old machine.

#2466 84 days ago

I'd have to see it from far to know if I would make and issue out of it or not. Seems like you would be able to easily notice it from a players standpoint.

#2467 83 days ago

Posted in the main thread with no responses, looking for input for replacing the premium back alley sensor with an opto switch. Has anyone done this? What switch and positioning would you use / recommend?

I’ve adjusted mine several times and it still occasionally fails to trip, and occasionally hangs up a ball causing a ball search. Always at a crucial moment of course.......I want this shot to work every time.

Thanks-

B3D7C0B8-AE0F-4166-8C7C-629CDF954484 (resized).png
#2468 81 days ago

Am I crazy or is the manual completely missing the information on the upper left flipper assembly? I see left and right flipper assembly sections as well as upper right flipper assembly but no section for the upper left flipper.

I'm looking for the coil sleeve size, is it the same solenoid on the small flipper as the others?

#2469 81 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

Am I crazy or is the manual completely missing the information on the upper left flipper assembly? I see left and right flipper assembly sections as well as upper right flipper assembly but no section for the upper left flipper.
I'm looking for the coil sleeve size, is it the same solenoid on the small flipper as the others?

Page 41 of the pro manual lists them together. Assume its the same for prem/le but the page numbering is different iirc. "5.12 FLIPPER ASSEMBLY, UPPER & LOWER LEFT." Sleeve part# is 545-5388-00, which is the same as the lowers.

#2470 81 days ago
Quoted from craif:

Page 41 of the pro manual lists them together. Assume its the same for prem/le but the page numbering is different iirc. "5.12 FLIPPER ASSEMBLY, UPPER & LOWER LEFT." Sleeve part# is 545-5388-00, which is the same as the lowers.

Thanks, must be my older version of the manual because it doesn't mention the upper on that page

#2471 79 days ago

Surprising turn of events for me... I decided to try Stern and ask about the ramp issue. I thought maybe they knew of an easy fix. Turns out this was a known defect on EARLY machines and because the date of mine is a 2018 she is putting in a full warranty request for both left and right wireforms!

I'm actually really blown away by Stern's support so far. I almost didn't get one of their games because of the nightmare stories I read online but they couldn't have been better to me. Three warranty replaced parts on a 4 year old game that I'm the third owner of. I am quite happy with that.

They did mention its not normal a warranty item but a small number of machines went out with the issue so they are making an exception. just to temper anyone's expectations if they try to contact Stern.

#2472 77 days ago

I've got a weird one on my pro. I was in the middle of a mummy multiball and when I noticed there was only one ball in play. I shook the machine a bit figuring it was stuck somewhere, but it didn't appear so I just kept playing until the other ball drained and mummy ended. I couldn't see it anywhere and ball search couldn't find it so I ended the game and pulled the glass off.

I've now been looking for the ball for 30 minutes and for the life of me I can't find it.

- Checked all the spots I've had, seen or could imagine a ball getting stuck amongst wires and supports under the upper third of the playfield. Twice. With a flashlight.

- Emptied the trough just to confirm it wasn't a dead opto not detecting it.

- Raised the playfield to full vertical hoping it would fall out or at least make a sound.

- Lifted the playfield out and turned it 90 degrees sideways as well as upside down way past vertical. Nothing.

- Got my wife to go through everything too in case I was experiencing refrigerator blindness.

- Removed the right ramp wireform and plastics down the right side as one time when I was adjusting the launch guide set screw I thought it seemed like there was enough space for a ball to hide under the plastic if it got under there somehow.

- Checked inside the cab itself even though I can't imagine how it could get down there. Removed everything in there (Cashbox, bag of plastics, etc).

- Checked inside the cashbox in case it somehow managed to roll into the hole not fed by a coin mech.

- Checked inside the backbox on the crackpot theory it could somehow rebound off something and launch straight up through the wiring channels. Nope.

About the only thing I could still do is disassemble everything in the upper third of the playfield like the center ramp, captive ball, surrounding plastics etc to see if its wedged in there some way that the eyes and fingers of 2 people couldn't detect. I was hoping to avoid that as there's a lot to keep track of, but I'm out of other ideas.

Anyone got a hot tip?

edit: I've now removed the center ramp and the cover on the newton ball. The only place left is under the plastics the ramps rise above. I've already looked under them as much as I can just loosening things a bit and there's no sign of it anywhere. I guess I'll do that tomorrow because taking all the support structures mounted on top of them out is a job I don't want to tackle this late at night, and I'm doubting it's there anyway despite there being no other place left.

#2473 77 days ago
Quoted from craif:

I've got a weird one on my pro. I was in the middle of a mummy multiball and when I noticed there was only one ball in play. I shook the machine a bit figuring it was stuck somewhere, but it didn't appear so I just kept playing until the other ball drained and mummy ended. I couldn't see it anywhere and ball search couldn't find it so I ended the game and pulled the glass off.
I've now been looking for the ball for 30 minutes and for the life of me I can't find it.
- Checked all the spots I've had, seen or could imagine a ball getting stuck amongst wires and supports under the upper third of the playfield. Twice. With a flashlight.
- Emptied the trough just to confirm it wasn't a dead opto not detecting it.
- Raised the playfield to full vertical hoping it would fall out or at least make a sound.
- Lifted the playfield out and turned it 90 degrees sideways as well as upside down way past vertical. Nothing.
- Got my wife to go through everything too in case I was experiencing refrigerator blindness.
- Removed the right ramp wireform and plastics down the right side as one time when I was adjusting the launch guide set screw I thought it seemed like there was enough space for a ball to hide under the plastic if it got under there somehow.
- Checked inside the cab itself even though I can't imagine how it could get down there. Removed everything in there (Cashbox, bag of plastics, etc).
- Checked inside the cashbox in case it somehow managed to roll into the hole not fed by a coin mech.
- Checked inside the backbox on the crackpot theory it could somehow rebound off something and launch straight up through the wiring channels. Nope.
About the only thing I could still do is disassemble everything in the upper third of the playfield like the center ramp, captive ball, surrounding plastics etc to see if its wedged in there some way that the eyes and fingers of 2 people couldn't detect. I was hoping to avoid that as there's a lot to keep track of, but I'm out of other ideas.
Anyone got a hot tip?
edit: I've now removed the center ramp and the cover on the newton ball. The only place left is under the plastics the ramps rise above. I've already looked under them as much as I can just loosening things a bit and there's no sign of it anywhere. I guess I'll do that tomorrow because taking all the support structures mounted on top of them out is a job I don't want to tackle this late at night, and I'm doubting it's there anyway despite there being no other place left.

So after all that, I put it back together as I knew I wouldn't be able to figure out how if I left it till tomorrow and half an hour later when I slid the playfield back into place the ball just rolls down the playfield out of somewhere in the back like I hadn't just spent an hour taking half the machine apart and putting it back together.

I'm blaming the cat.

#2474 77 days ago
Quoted from craif:

So after all that, I put it back together as I knew I wouldn't be able to figure out how if I left it till tomorrow and half an hour later when I slid the playfield back into place the ball just rolls down the playfield out of somewhere in the back like I hadn't just spent an hour taking half the machine apart and putting it back together.
I'm blaming the cat.

That's hilarious and maddening all at the same time. I really wonder where it was. There about a million different ways it can come off the center ramp and down the plastic ledges back there so my guess is it was wedged in that area, but it sounds like you spent enough time looking that you should have seen it.

#2475 74 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

Surprising turn of events for me... I decided to try Stern and ask about the ramp issue. I thought maybe they knew of an easy fix. Turns out this was a known defect on EARLY machines and because the date of mine is a 2018 she is putting in a full warranty request for both left and right wireforms!
I'm actually really blown away by Stern's support so far. I almost didn't get one of their games because of the nightmare stories I read online but they couldn't have been better to me. Three warranty replaced parts on a 4 year old game that I'm the third owner of. I am quite happy with that.
They did mention its not normal a warranty item but a small number of machines went out with the issue so they are making an exception. just to temper anyone's expectations if they try to contact Stern.

This is great news for you. I'm curious now why they wouldn't warranty mine as I am the second owner and it was also a 2018 build. I wonder if I should reach back out to them and ask why others have been warrantied but mine isn't. Though that could put the axe on warranting yours at this moment. Maybe I'll wait until after you get yours approved.

#2476 74 days ago
Quoted from Monk:

This is great news for you. I'm curious now why they wouldn't warranty mine as I am the second owner and it was also a 2018 build. I wonder if I should reach back out to them and ask why others have been warrantied but mine isn't. Though that could put the axe on warranting yours at this moment. Maybe I'll wait until after you get yours approved.

They recently sent me the orbit protector on warranty so maybe she was familiar with me and my s/n already, but they basically did it no questions asked so that's weird they would deny yours. It's possible I misunderstood and it's just being sent for approval/review but I'm pretty sure it's already approved since they asked for my shipping info. I'll update you when I find out.

#2477 71 days ago

I just had a glitch while playing tonight. While the ball was in play and nothing out of the ordinary was happening I heard the ball search sound fire off once. Then I noticed that even though I had full Eddie letters hitting the pharoah shot did nothing. I shot around for a few more minutes hitting the captive ball and pharoah shot multiple times with nothing happening. I was still getting points but I was not able to advance any of the modes.

It kept like that until I drained all of the balls and started over.

3 weeks later
#2478 50 days ago

I guess I spoke to soon with my praise of Stern... been almost a month now since they agreed to replace my wireforms. Still nothing so I reach out to them, they put me in touch with the parts department who just ignores me. I have no idea if they've even shipped them yet, just radio silence.

EDIT: someone finally reached out to me, so that's good. Guess I should just keep being patient.

#2479 46 days ago

Damn ,just found out the wireforms are actually back ordered... I guess I'm going to keep trying to troubleshoot the issue on mine and see if I can fix it.

There are 2,479 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 50.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside