4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,495 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 50.
#1501 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Ok I guess we’ll see how things work. I know the ramp sticks up sometimes. The seller informed me of that

Mine hasn't done that yet but guys are putting a drop of oil on the hinges and it fixes it. There is a oil on amazon called zoom spout oiler thst is really great stuff. One bottle will last you 5 lifetimes.

31FttTO+IgL._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg31FttTO+IgL._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg
#1502 5 years ago

I’m an ac guy and I know that stuff well

#1503 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I’m an ac guy and I know that stuff well

It's not on the hinges. Put a couple drops on a q-tip and lube the lower edge of the ramp. The ramp is like an L-bracket, and the bottom part of the L rubs against the ball guide behind/under the ramp. The edge is sharp and sticks long enough that it misses the ramp release. I oiled mine and the ball guide below once and that's it. I'm assuming the sharp edge has dulled enough that the problem is gone for good.

#1504 5 years ago

The ramp has so far been working good( the 3 games I’ve played so far). I do however have the ball getting stuck behind the diverter going into the sarcaphogus before it hits the the plastic that releases it into the lock mech.

#1505 5 years ago

What's everybody doing as far as their pitch on the game?

I bought one a few months ago and the legs were set to about a 7.3 pitch. The game was hard as hell, but it seemed pretty well dialed in. It's a bit *too* hard for me, so I just pulled it back down to 6.5, and now everything is all crazy! Shots are not returning to the flippers properly, I'm getting tons of drains. Some of it is just me getting used to the new pitch and speed, but it seems excessively floaty. Just curious what's a good setting. thanks!

#1506 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I bought one a few months ago and the legs were set to about a 7.3 pitch. The game was hard as hell, but it seemed pretty well dialed in. It's a bit *too* hard for me, so I just pulled it back down to 6.5, and now everything is all crazy! Shots are not returning to the flippers properly, I'm getting tons of drains. Some of it is just me getting used to the new pitch and speed, but it seems excessively floaty. Just curious what's a good setting. thanks!

My measurement is the same as all my pins: steep as hell.

#1507 5 years ago

So other than the bubble what are you guys using for leveling? I used to have an app for it but it’s gone off my new phone.

#1508 5 years ago

I use something similar to this:

level (resized).jpglevel (resized).jpg
#1509 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It's not on the hinges. Put a couple drops on a q-tip and lube the lower edge of the ramp. The ramp is like an L-bracket, and the bottom part of the L rubs against the ball guide behind/under the ramp. The edge is sharp and sticks long enough that it misses the ramp release. I oiled mine and the ball guide below once and that's it. I'm assuming the sharp edge has dulled enough that the problem is gone for good.

Good to go now. No sticking ramp. Thanks for the heads up. Now onto the auto fire accuracy

#1510 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Mine was dialed in then my dumbass used the pinball leveler app and now its all wonky. I have balls flying off the right ramp.

#1511 5 years ago

6.5 degrees. That's how the games were designed to be played. People can do what they want, I just cringe a little when I read about people jacking up the back legs as far as they'll go.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

#1512 5 years ago

I used the shim on the ball guide to correct the plunger and auto fire. Both worked great after installing as directed.

#1513 5 years ago

So, with people using a couple of similar techniques to fix the launcher issue (washer mod, shim mod), and having great results....

Can we officially proclaim that the launch issue is with the metal ball guide bending inconsistently when the ball is launched? That's what it seems like, as both of these solutions are related to strengthening the ball guide.

#1514 5 years ago

I feel pushing out the rail near the top as it begins the curve and leaving the nut on the bottom just snug and not tight worked remarkably well. Also making sure that both auto launcher prongs make contact with the ball equally on both sides as it’s rotated forward. I’m very happy with the results. Mine bricked in the same spot both plunger and auto fire before everytime

#1515 5 years ago

That ball guide seemed tight and unwilling to move. I’m not sure the ball would nudge it when launched but you never know

#1516 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:That ball guide seemed tight and unwilling to move. I’m not sure the ball would nudge it when launched but you never know

I think many of us thought the same about the immovable launch rail/guide. I Ef'd with mine a number of times and conceded that the ridiculous number of balls launched does slowly impact the location or perpendicular angle(to PF) of the rail. Finally, I thought a rear support may help. Simplest "fix" was to put a tiny black post ring on top of the post located next to the adjustment screw(behind rail) and adjust the rail again. The lil rubber ring offers a bit of counter pressure as the rail is forced back with each launch.The added lil ring is slightly compressed against the rail after adjustment. This has had the best success rate with easily 90% . I believe that 10% failure rate is due to the launch mech itself being a flimsy POS. Rest assured..., I spent plenty of time tweaking that thing too!

#1517 5 years ago

So far I’ve had 100 percent of manual and auto plunges perfect around the loop. Also note that the playfield has the ability to shift side to side a little in the cabinet. I ended up putting a mark on the lock receiver where the playfield bracket rests so that I know where the sweet spot and perfect alignment is on my game. All in all it’s been a fantastic pin to play thus far

#1518 5 years ago

When I use the right flipper it makes a sound almost like it is coming through speaker or something. Left flipper sounds normal. Anyone run into this?

#1519 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

When I use the right flipper it makes a sound almost like it is coming through speaker or something. Left flipper sounds normal. Anyone run into this?

Like a hum?

#1520 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

This is the only issue I haven't found a fix for. My upper right flipper coil coil stop is VERY close to the cabinet.
If I shift the playfield to the left, it goes away. But it eventually settles back in. I have no marks on the cabinet, so I'm leaving it alone.
Plus, after a month of 100% accuracy on the auto plunge, there is no @#$%'n way I'm lifting that playfield.

#1521 5 years ago

Like a louder pop.

#1522 5 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

This is the only issue I haven't found a fix for. My upper right flipper coil coil stop is VERY close to the cabinet.
If I shift the playfield to the left, it goes away. But it eventually settles back in. I have no marks on the cabinet, so I'm leaving it alone.
Plus, after a month of 100% accuracy on the auto plunge, there is no @#$%'n way I'm lifting that playfield.

I’ll take a look at that and see if shifting the playfield over slightly helps. Thanks!

#1523 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Like a louder pop.

Does it sound like a quieter version of when the flipper goes up? My upper right makes a knocking noise on release. Havent thought much of it but it is noticeable

#1524 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Does it sound like a quieter version of when the flipper goes up? My upper right makes a knocking noise on release. Havent thought much of it but it is noticeable

Yes. Very similar. I would say louder than low though.

#1525 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:I’ll take a look at that and see if shifting the playfield over slightly helps. Thanks!

That did it. THANK YOU!

#1526 5 years ago

Another issue....

The ball is getting stuck behind the mechanism that holds it before letting down to the sacrophagus. It is really bad during multi-ball. I have gotten three cuaght back there and the only way to release is to tilt. When it is one ball caught back there, you can wait it oit for the machine to try to clear it. Very frustrating especially during a good game!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Pat

#1527 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

That did it. THANK YOU!

Hey. I just noticed you're from Mantua. I'm right down the street from you.

#1528 5 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

Hey. I just noticed you're from Mantua. I'm right down the street from you.

Nice. Where are you?

#1529 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Nice. Where are you?

We're across from Otts in Heritage Valley.

#1530 5 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

We're across from Otts in Heritage Valley.

Wow! Really close.

#1531 5 years ago

Iron Maiden pro issue
Ball keeps getting stuck on the upper right side of the cab

Right by the upright support post for the right ramp. Ball gets airborne lands there and gets stuck little tap gets it out but not sure if anyone has any suggestions.

#1532 5 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Iron Maiden pro issue
Ball keeps getting stuck on the upper right side of the cab
Right by the upright support post for the right ramp. Ball gets airborne lands there and gets stuck little tap gets it out but not sure if anyone has any suggestions.

I put a piece of foam there where the ball gets stuck

Too much of a hassle to do this pictured below

p1 (resized).JPGp1 (resized).JPGp2 (resized).JPGp2 (resized).JPG
#1533 5 years ago

I was just going to post about this. My ball is getting stuck on the upper right side and shaking it won’t get it down on the premium model. Any sites sell anything to install for this?

6D5F86D2-9D59-47BD-A0E3-F64DC742B3D3 (resized).jpeg6D5F86D2-9D59-47BD-A0E3-F64DC742B3D3 (resized).jpeg
#1534 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Another issue....

The ball is getting stuck behind the mechanism that holds it before letting down to the sacrophagus. It is really bad during multi-ball. I have gotten three cuaght back there and the only way to release is to tilt. When it is one ball caught back there, you can wait it oit for the machine to try to clear it. Very frustrating especially during a good game!

Do you mean the ball is getting stuck behind the top newton ball and not going down into the under playfield plastic trough? I noticed mine was doing this and lifted the playfield for a look underneath. The screw holding the trough that is closest to the drop point from the lock had come out which was causing the trough to droop away from the playfield and creating a bigger gap in between, which in turn was making the ball jam there.

#1535 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Do you mean the ball is getting stuck behind the top newton ball and not going down into the under playfield plastic trough? I noticed mine was doing this and lifted the playfield for a look underneath. The screw holding the trough that is closest to the drop point from the lock had come out which was causing the trough to droop away from the playfield and creating a bigger gap in between, which in turn was making the ball jam there.

It is getting caught behind the mech that holds it and then lifts and then rolls down into the lock on the premium model. Once the game clears which it doesnt do well on multiball, it lifts and the ball goes into sarchogus lock and then goes down. Hope that makes sense.

#1536 5 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I was just going to post about this. My ball is getting stuck on the upper right side and shaking it won’t get it down on the premium model. Any sites sell anything to install for this?[quoted image]

Man! I was JUST about to post about this, and then I figured “naah, maybe it’s just me”. Well obviously not.

#1537 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

It is getting caught behind the mech that holds it and then lifts and then rolls down into the lock on the premium model. Once the game clears which it doesnt do well on multiball, it lifts and the ball goes into sarchogus lock and then goes down. Hope that makes sense.

If you mean when the ramp diverter raises to allow the ball to go behind the backstop and arrive at the gate. If it gets caught behind there. Mine did and I tweaked the switch arm down some because it was too high. It’s been working great ever since. If your switch going down is stiff try loosening the switch so it’s not so tight. Mine wasn’t. It just was too high. To remove that area to get at the switch requires removing 5 or 6 screws that holds that piece on the back of the backstop. Fairly easy to fix

#1538 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

If you mean when the ramp diverter raises to allow the ball to go behind the backstop and arrive at the gate. If it gets caught behind there. Mine did and I tweaked the switch arm down some because it was too high. It’s been working great ever since. If your switch going down is stiff try loosening the switch so it’s not so tight. Mine wasn’t. It just was too high. To remove that area to get at the switch requires removing 5 or 6 screws that holds that piece on the back of the backstop. Fairly easy to fix

Same?

E61AB31A-35A0-4903-A724-39E590FEDAA1 (resized).jpegE61AB31A-35A0-4903-A724-39E590FEDAA1 (resized).jpeg
#1539 5 years ago

You would think with all these issues Stern would address the plunger assembly already. I’ll pass on buying any game from them until they get this shit straightened out.

#1540 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Same?[quoted image]

My pet peeve is how the sphinx plastic has screws right in the middle of the face.

Rob

#1541 5 years ago

Everything plunger related on Iron Maiden is blown way out of proportion.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

You would think with all these issues Stern would address the plunger assembly already. I’ll pass on buying any game from them until they get this shit straightened out.

#1542 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I think he meant the auto-launch, which is both not the same mechanism, and actually does have issues

#1543 5 years ago

I’ve searched this thread and didn’t see anything about ball hang ups under the pharaoh target. Seems to get hung up on rivots back there. Any solutions besides a less sensitive tilt?

#1544 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I’ve searched this thread and didn’t see anything about ball hang ups under the pharaoh target. Seems to get hung up on rivots back there. Any solutions besides a less sensitive tilt?

#1545 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Same?[quoted image]

Yep same spot. Check your switch height. It’s probably set too high. Can Brick the ball

#1546 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The rubber sleeve on my Trooper MB diverter post creeps up every 10 games or so, resulting in stuck balls and annoying searches/tilts from trying to free the ball. Anyone else having this problem? I've had MANY games with posts and never had this happen. Before I contact Chas, wanted to see if there are any solutions folks have been implementing.
Thanks,
snaroff
[quoted image]

Had the same issue with mine. Talked to Elwin. Told me to drop the mech and remove the sleeve. Add a drop of Elmers glue on the metal post and replace the sleeve cleaning up all excess glue. Replace the mech. Problem hasn't happened since.

#1547 5 years ago
Quoted from mfishell:

Had the same issue with mine. Talked to Elwin. Told me to drop the mech and remove the sleeve. Add a drop of Elmers glue on the metal post and replace the sleeve cleaning up all excess glue. Replace the mech. Problem hasn't happened since.

Elmers glue? I put a piece of electrical tape to tighten the sleeve. Works great.

snaroff

#1548 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Over 1500 posts about issues tells me there ARE issues.

#1549 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Depends by your definition of that. It certainly affects many machines and is not a simple fix. It ruins Trooper MB ball staging as well as some skill shots when the ball won't enter the loop correctly. It can be a PITA to get it to be reliable.

Rob

#1550 5 years ago

I had complete success with the shim mod. 100 percent fail to 99.9 percent success. .01 percent fail is the kids not pulling the plunger all the way

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.50
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
There are 2,495 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.