Quoted from 85vett:
OK, I'm at my wits end right now with my auto launcher. I've worked on it for HOURS now in my spare time since we are locked indoors. Absolutely nothing I'm doing is making a difference. It still hits the post just to the bottom of the upper orbit. Here is what I've done,
- Changed the coil and tried all strengths from as low as 150 to as high as it's max setting. Zero change in game play. In test, it will work about 40% of the time.
- Push the end of the rail of the shooter lane in and out. Zero change.
- Started thinking the ball may have been hitting the tip of the flipper so move it out of the way completely. No Change
- Thinking the diverter gate could be causing and issue. - No change
- Noticed the ball launching to the left at the start which was sometimes hitting the end of the guide between the outlane and shooter lane. - No change
- Adjusted pitch of game from as low as 6.5 to as high as 7.2 - No change
- Made sure game was level - No change
Here is the kicker. A full pull (orange spring) of my plunger does the same thing. But a weak pull will go into the orbit 80% of the time. So it is better.
It seems like the guide is not allowing the ball to go high enough in the game but I've maxed out the movement in the guide without taking it off and drilling out the hole a little bit. If I need to do that, how do you remove it? There is a screw at the end and a bolt that goes through the PF in the middle but the part on the shooter lane by the launch mech looks glued on.
Please, I'm begging you for help at this point as it's making me hate this game now as the ball has started to hit that post, go out of control and drain a lot now. Starting to feel as bad as the Star Wars launcher with drains.
I had same issue with my Pro until I cleaned and waxed the playfield it's been spot in now.