IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg
iron maiden error (resized).jpg
C1157A43-A15F-4157-914B-78374073DABC (resized).jpeg
77A7F54D-98B1-4CD5-A539-DB355D7A0132 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,492 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 50.
#402 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't think blue or yellow is really an "issue". Neither one of them look good.

I wonder how red would look?

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

The proof is in the pudding.
Here’s the 3/4... (note the exposed wood AND black touch ups you’d need to do. )

And here’s the correct 13/16... ( no wood exposed and no overhang.)

Here is the link to order:
https://www.t-molding.com/13-16in-blue-t-molding.html
To be fair to Hoby1,
Stern seems to use a different brand molding than the T-Molding.com variety.
The stock yellow stuff also had more of a matte finish and has slightly different pliability. (Seemed thinner.)
Stern’s 13/16 did indeed hang a bit more over the edge compared to this blue so I could see why most people would think to go with the 3/4 instead.
Hope these pics help empower folks to try different t-moldings on their newer Stern heads to colors that might suit what they’d want to do with possible armor powder coating down the road.
Have fun guys!

Aaaaaaaah FUDGE !!! I see you are correct. I just emailed them so see if I can change before my order ships .

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Auto-plunge working most of the time now, but of course as I expected, the manual plunger is off. A full manual plunge will always hit the post.
Couldn't tell you if this Iron Maiden Pinball game is any good, but this Finicky Shooter Lane game succccks
(I kid I kid, but yeah...)

Look at it closely. I had to tweak mine down the opposite way than you think..... on mine the ball would very slightly hit the R flipper and deflect down to hit the post. Now its about 90% on both plunges.

#405 4 years ago

Is anyone having trouble with the underworld scoop? Sometimes when I shoot it, it seems the balls passes under the 1 way gate and get's stuff. Ball search that moves the Canon pushes it free.

I might try bending the gate slightly. And it might be level ( I have not carefully leveled as it is not in its final home). But it is really awkward to see what is happening when it is lost.

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I wonder how red would look?

How about just standard boring black or whatever matches the rails?
I’d think the goal would be to draw any focus from that trim and back to that awesome artwork.

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’d think the goal would be to draw any focus from that trim and back to that awesome artwork.

I ordered the black. They send samples for free too so I have a piece of blue and red coming too.

#408 4 years ago

The blue is darker in person and doesn’t really detract from the art when it’s all lit up, but I can see black being the most popular option.
Red was out for me because I have SW pro sitting right next to it.
Chrome or gold would look too gaudy.
I went with what I though looked the best for the cab art and my armor won’t be black for too much longer anyway.
Plus,
It’s a really dark gameroom to begin with so the dark blue already looks pretty black when the lights are all off.

The reason why I added these posts to the issues thread Ice is because it was an “issue” to me that Stern chose a condiment trim to represent Iron effing Maiden in the first damn place.

Also, I think we’ve finally run out of things to fix on Maiden. Great job early adopters!

#409 4 years ago

^^Blue looks great. I figure I'll match my armor for now. If I change the armor color I might change the molding as well. I'm thinking since the cabinet is such a light color I might powder coat the armor in a sick black but still am not sure.

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I would go black and match the rails

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would go black and match the rails

Once you go black...

#412 4 years ago

Had ghost hits when I hadn't hit anything and game would randomly choose initial song before ball plunge. Yup classic orb/sarcophagus switch adjustment (prem). Look how the orb switch came from factory.

Adjusted and all good now. But both of the hex screw/post things on each mech were loosened. I tightened them both in and adjusted the leaf switch itself.

I was wondering though, is this supposed to be designed to adjust the switch by loosening and tightening that hex post? For fine tuning maybe? Or were both just accidently left way loose?

If intentional wouldn't the natural vibrations throughout gameplay move the hex post out of position in time as it doesnt take much to turn it either direction.

20180610_173125 (resized).jpg
#413 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

If intentional wouldn't the natural vibrations throughout gameplay move the hex post out of position in time as it doesnt take much to turn it either direction.

I can’t comment on what the design intent was, but I lengthened mine by a couple of full rotations and used a little locktight to keep them rotating from vibration.

It’s the only way I could keep the switches adjusted so they register when hit but not from nesrby coils firing, shaker, etc.

#414 4 years ago

I'm starting to get less excited about my LE turning up

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Don’t be! This game is incredible been playing it non-stop all weekend!

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

People that aren't having these problems are posting. I had to re-gap a leaf switch and its been fine since then. There is no value to me continually posting that my game is fine.

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

I was wondering though, is this supposed to be designed to adjust the switch by loosening and tightening that hex post? For fine tuning maybe? Or were both just accidently left way loose?

If intentional wouldn't the natural vibrations throughout gameplay move the hex post out of position in time as it doesnt take much to turn it either direction

I locktited my hex post and that fixed my issues. It would unscew it self every 10 games or so

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

All my games need a tweak here and there. No big deal. You're going to love this freaking game!

#419 4 years ago

Guardian Diverter on my Premium quit working properly after a couple of plays. Emailed STERN and got a call back within an hour. Great service.

Turns out they forgot to add the grease to the mechanism before it left the factory. Diverter was sticking trying to go up but could go down easily on it's own. $4 tube of white lithium grease from the hardware store and the game was back up and running.

The sarcophagus captive ball shot quit working on me after a couple of plays as well. Still gotta diagnose that one, but it hopefully looks like it's the switch gap issue that seems to be plaguing this mech.

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

The sarcophagus captive ball shot quit working on me after a couple of plays as well. Still gotta diagnose that one, but it hopefully looks like it's the switch gap issue that seems to be plaguing this mech.

There is a hex post that screws into the bottom of the ball, see if that’s come loose first. I tightened mine with a Channel lock pliers on the ball and a wrench on the bottom. Sounds like a drop of lock tite would be easier though.

#421 4 years ago

Last night was playing a two player game and my buddy and i were pausing between balls (giggity) and after about 1 minute the game auto-plunged his ball. No one touched a button on the game during this time. Is this a setting to force you to start a ball after a certain amount of time or am i having another opto issue?

#422 4 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Last night was playing a two player game and my buddy and i were pausing between balls (giggity) and after about 1 minute the game auto-plunged his ball. No one touched a button on the game during this time. Is this a setting to force you to start a ball after a certain amount of time or am i having another opto issue?

dont worry it is a settings .

#423 4 years ago

Okay, so I've had my machine for 7 days now and have had way too many troubles and am turning here to see if anyone has any ideas, as I'm completely out of ideas.

- Right out of the box I had opto issues with the Orb shot. No problem, tweaked the mechanism, got better. Have had to fix it twice more, but okay. No biggee.
- Manual plunger hits left post most of the time. Okay. Tried a bunch of things. Different pitches. Loosened the plunger housing, adjusted so plunger hits the direct center of the ball. Took the plastic and wireframe off the right side of the machine so I could tweak the metal guide lane by loosening that screw and slightly moving it. Eventually I got the manual plunge dialed in. Has been consistent for 5 days.
- Auto-plunge hits the upper left flipper. And now we get to the as-of-yet unsolvable problem. For 7 days I have tweaked this bastard. I'll get it dialed in for a few hours and then it craps out on me and starts hitting the upper left flipper again - after working fine for hours and nothing discernible changing in the game.

I got sick of it over the weekend and had my distributer come by yesterday to fix it. He's a lovely guy and I was very appreciative he was trying to help me out. He tweaked it for about two hours. We did EVERYTHING we could think of. Tweaked the angle of the auto-plunge prongs, changed the pitch from everything between 7.3 and 6.5, straightened the auto-plunge housing. Finally we got it working. Was getting about 9/10 successful auto-plunges for 30 auto-plunges in a row. I told him to take off. Seems about as good as it's going to get. Quite happy with 27/30. Played for a few hours last night.

Then I turn the machine on again this morning and check the auto-plunge. 0/10 successful auto-plunges. Total fail. I did NOTHING to the machine other than play for about 90 minutes on it last night (when it was consistently giving me 9/10 successes). This morning, for no reason I can understand, I'm getting 0/10.

So... anyone got any ideas? My distributer is going to try and replace the kicker assembly, but I'm just not 100% confident that's going to do it. We've also sent a video to Stern of it hitting upper left flipper, waiting to hear if they have any ideas, but figured I'd post here too in case others get into the same issue.

You can see a video of it linked below. Also, in my other videos you'll see it working about 7/10 times for an hour straight over the weekend in a stream I did with my buddy.

I love the game and have enjoyed it IMMENSELY when it's working, but so frustrating when it just seems to stop auto-plunging correctly for no reason over and over again every time I think I have it sorted. If you know the game at all you know how frustrating that can be in a multi-ball, especially Trooper as it cannot stage the balls at all.

#424 4 years ago

Hold the left flipper button while it's auto plunging. Problem solved. Anything else I can help with?

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Hold the left flipper button while it's auto plunging. Problem solved. Anything else I can help with?

Lemme know how to do that when cradling a ball on the left flipper or in the midst of a multi-ball on a ball return.

Maybe you’re cool with paying $7.5k to not have your machines working right, but I’m not.

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Okay, so I've had my machine for 7 days now and have had way too many troubles and am turning here to see if anyone has any ideas, as I'm completely out of ideas.
- Right out of the box I had opto issues with the Orb shot. No problem, tweaked the mechanism, got better. Have had to fix it twice more, but okay. No biggee.
- Manual plunger hits left post most of the time. Okay. Tried a bunch of things. Different pitches. Loosened the plunger housing, adjusted so plunger hits the direct center of the ball. Took the plastic and wireframe off the right side of the machine so I could tweak the metal guide lane by loosening that screw and slightly moving it. Eventually I got the manual plunge dialed in. Has been consistent for 5 days.
- Auto-plunge hits the upper left flipper. And now we get to the as-of-yet unsolvable problem. For 7 days I have tweaked this bastard. I'll get it dialed in for a few hours and then it craps out on me and starts hitting the upper left flipper again - after working fine for hours and nothing discernible changing in the game.
I got sick of it over the weekend and had my distributer come by yesterday to fix it. He's a lovely guy and I was very appreciative he was trying to help me out. He tweaked it for about two hours. We did EVERYTHING we could think of. Tweaked the angle of the auto-plunge prongs, changed the pitch from everything between 7.3 and 6.5, straightened the auto-plunge housing. Finally we got it working. Was getting about 9/10 successful auto-plunges for 30 auto-plunges in a row. I told him to take off. Seems about as good as it's going to get. Quite happy with 27/30. Played for a few hours last night.
Then I turn the machine on again this morning and check the auto-plunge. 0/10 successful auto-plunges. Total fail. I did NOTHING to the machine other than play for about 90 minutes on it last night (when it was consistently giving me 9/10 successes). This morning, for no reason I can understand, I'm getting 0/10.
So... anyone got any ideas? My distributer is going to try and replace the kicker assembly, but I'm just not 100% confident that's going to do it. We've also sent a video to Stern of it hitting upper left flipper, waiting to hear if they have any ideas, but figured I'd post here too in case others get into the same issue.
You can see a video of it linked below. Also, in my other videos you'll see it working about 7/10 times for an hour straight over the weekend in a stream I did with my buddy.
I love the game and have enjoyed it IMMENSELY when it's working, but so frustrating when it just seems to stop auto-plunging correctly for no reason over and over again every time I think I have it sorted. If you know the game at all you know how frustrating that can be in a multi-ball, especially Trooper as it cannot stage the balls at all.

Sounds super frustrating. My auto and manual plunge have both been very consistent for a couple of weeks. A couple nights ago they both went to shit. I haven't changed anything. I'm hoping next time I play they will start working again. Some of these issues seem to come and go.

#427 4 years ago

have you tried lowering the power on the auto plunge?
It’s under feature adjustment #74
I’ve got mine at 235.
Mine usually hits the post above the pop bumper when it misses.

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

have you tried lowering the power on the auto plunge?
It’s under feature adjustment #74
I’ve got mine at 235.
Mine usually hits the post above the pop bumper when it misses.

Yeah tried that setting a bunch, doesn’t seem to effect the angle at all, which surprised me.

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That doesn't solve anything, it hits the post before it gets into the orbit.

#430 4 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Yeah tried that setting a bunch, doesn’t seem to effect the angle at all, which surprised me.

Have you got picture of the rail that is adjustable? Next to the mini flipper?

My auto plunge 100% hit the post so was too low. Just curious to see angle of your rail. I adjusted and it's been much better.

#431 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Have you got picture of the rail that is adjustable? Next to the mini flipper?
My auto plunge 100% hit the post so was too low. Just curious to see angle of your rail. I adjusted and it's been much better.

Here are pics taken today. I feel like re-adjusting this is the last thing left other than replacing hardware, but I’m a bit worried to do it as I feel there’s a good shot I just throw off my manual plunge and make things worse. But I am tempted.

0E396B16-2C4D-44A7-8ABF-0469E19AD50D (resized).jpegCB4BC480-39D9-4E2F-9496-99D7F1606E16 (resized).jpeg
#432 4 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

What strength do you have the coils set to in the settings? Auto plunge power?

If that fails, did you try unplugging all your mods? Gomez says Spike/2 is a dainty system. Maybe the pinstadium is changing the power just enough that the coils dont fire right.

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Here are pics taken today. I feel like re-adjusting this is the last thing left other than replacing hardware, but I’m a bit worried to do it as I feel there’s a good shot I just throw off my manual plunge and make things worse. But I am tempted.

Can't we adjust the coil power instead?

#434 4 years ago

I forgot to put this on this thread. I put it on a different Iron Maiden one. But I think the black looks great

20180612_170418 (resized).jpg20180612_172251 (resized).jpg
#435 4 years ago

Scared to say this but I think I have my LE back working as it should. Locktite on both the mummy and orb shafts I hope will help solve a few of my issues. My up/down ramp issue stopped magically. So fixed for now and I learned a lot about how pop bumper switches work.

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

More
What strength do you have the coils set to in the settings? Auto plunge power?
If that fails, did you try unplugging all your mods? Gomez says Spike/2 is a dainty system. Maybe the pinstadium is changing the power just enough that the coils dont fire right.

Coils set to normal, whatever the default is. Auto-plunge is set at default max of 255. But I have tried it down 25 all the way to it's minimum at 155. Doesn't seem to have any effect on angle at all, just slower auto-plunge. Willing to try any combination of settings if you have a suggestion.

I only added the Pinstadiums three days ago, haven't noticed a difference in inconsistency, was doing the same thing prior to them, but I'll def try it again with them unplugged.

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Coils set to normal, whatever the default is. Auto-plunge is set at default max of 255. But I have tried it down 25 all the way to it's minimum at 155. Doesn't seem to have any effect on angle at all, just slower auto-plunge. Willing to try any combination of settings if you have a suggestion.
I only added the Pinstadiums three days ago, haven't noticed a difference in inconsistency, was doing the same thing prior to them, but I'll def try it again with them unplugged.

Try setting the coils to soft and auto plunge to 225.

Also, have you tried filming it in hi-res slo-mo video on your phone so you can see what's happening all the way from launch to the post?

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

More
Try setting the coils to soft and auto plunge to 225.
Also, have you tried filming it in hi-res slo-mo video on your phone so you can see what's happening all the way from launch to the post?

No but I can do. The more this feels like a science experiment or a mystery to be solved the less I'll be annoyed by it

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

No but I can do. The more this feels like a science experiment or a mystery to be solved the less I'll be annoyed by it

Slo-mo hi-res is awesome for pinball diagnosis in situations like this. Allows you to see the actual root of problems you may not have even considered.

Also, you might want to Ohm out the coil for the auto launch and see if the resistance is substantially different from what it should be.

#440 4 years ago

My auto launch worked perfectly until I fixed the manual launch issue--hitting the post. Manual now works 100%, auto launch went in the tank (hits the same post 60% of the time)--which was why I was hesitant to fix the manual plunge in the first place. If you all find a definitive fix, I'll try it--otherwise I'll just live with it.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Slo-mo hi-res is awesome for pinball diagnosis in situations like this. Allows you to see the actual root of problems you may not have even considered.
Also, you might want to Ohm out the coil for the auto launch and see if the resistance is substantially different from what it should be.

Would be cool for Stern to implement a slow mo sw test within the on board diagnostics.

I was kinda hoping for easy and accurate on board diagnostics.

Does Spike have Tech alerts ?
Do they work ?

#442 4 years ago

Man that's gotta be frustrating af. Sorry dude. Sounds like distro is top notch though.
When I see Uncle Gary on Fathers Day I'll mention sendin a new one on out homie.

#443 4 years ago

My auto launch worked perfectly but its a little funky and not consistent now. Weird

#444 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Would be cool for Stern to implement a slow mo sw test within the on board diagnostics.
I was kinda hoping for easy and accurate on board diagnostics.
Does Spike have Tech alerts ?
Do they work ?

Spike and Spike 2 have tech alerts just like SAM and Whitestar, but they wouldn't cover something like this auto-launch issue, then or now. Some issues you just have to soldier through until you hit a solution.

#445 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

More
Spike and Spike 2 have tech alerts just like SAM and Whitestar, but they wouldn't cover something like this auto-launch issue, then or now. Some issues you just have to soldier through until you hit a solution.

Understand
I was referring to switch problems.
I would have thought some clever code could assist home owners and operators

The reason I asked if tech alerts work is they did not help when my Met had inline opto fail

I can't understand why switches cant be more actively monitored ?

#446 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Understand
I was referring to switch problems.
I would have thought some clever code could assist home owners and operators
The reason I asked if tech alerts work is they did not help when my Met had inline opto fail
I can't understand why switches cant be more actively monitored ?

I hate the new Spike/2 switch diagnostics screen. Super crap. They have a color screen now, why don't they have a system like JJP with a color PF image and an indicator of where that switch is when you trigger it? I mean Pinball 2000 18 years ago had better diagnostics!

Stern has all these new programmers - put one of them to work completely overhauling the system menu for the color screens they have NOW, not the DMD-look they kept from Whitestar/SAM.

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

More
I hate the new Spike/2 switch diagnostics screen. Super crap. They have a color screen now, why don't they have a system like JJP with a color PF image and an indicator of where that switch is when you trigger it? I mean Pinball 2000 18 years ago had better diagnostics!
Stern has all these new programmers - put one of them to work completely overhauling the system menu for the color screens they have NOW, not the DMD-look they kept from Whitestar/SAM.

I have seen P2000 has great diagnostics, YES

Can this be emulated/replicated ? with Stern

Seems tech modes are very much lacking in this modern era 2018.......... there is great tech available to manage this

Hidden agenda ?

Start the conspiracy theories

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

My auto launch worked perfectly until I fixed the manual launch issue--hitting the post. Manual now works 100%, auto launch went in the tank (hits the same post 60% of the time)--which was why I was hesitant to fix the manual plunge in the first place. If you all find a definitive fix, I'll try it--otherwise I'll just live with it.

So my maiden hits the upper left flipper tip on auto plunge pretty consistently.. this is due to it hitting that post from the upper right flipper? My manual plunge works perfectly

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

So my maiden hits the upper left flipper tip on auto plunge pretty consistently.. this is due to it hitting that post from the upper right flipper? My manual plunge works perfectly

Slo-mo video from you phone will give you the answer.

#450 4 years ago

Hey folks,

Just setup my Premium last night..."born on" May 29. Pleased to report I'm not having many of the mechanical issues mentioned in this thread. Don't know if Stern tightened up manufacturing or I just got lucky. I'm only have 2 problems that effect play...

- The ball is getting stuck on the right ramp post fairly often (photo below). Don't know if I'm missing a plastic or what.
- My right lower flipper is generating a fair # of violent airballs that can hit the glass and fly over the pops.

Anyone else experiencing either of these issues?

Thanks for any help/advice,

snaroff

IMG_9629 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 2,492 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.