By rai

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
There are 3,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 77.
#551 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Shitts Creek on Netflix...

I’ll second that...I just finished the 1st season. It’s absurd, but pretty funny

#552 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

I’ll second that...I just finished the 1st season. It’s absurd, but pretty funny

They can get away with a little more in Canada than US it seems on shows that aren't cable channels.

#553 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The guy in Free Solo actually did a critique of all the famous hollywood climbing scenes. He was pretty relaxed about it, didn't pick them apart too bad, and even some of the more gratuitous stuff he'd say something like "totally unrealistic, but so rad".

I was wondering something like that Tom Cruise climb made it seem like he was climbing the route for the first time which the real climbers don’t do.

Also I was curious how the guys get down after a free climb. It seems like some climbs you can go back a different rout even walk off or else they may bring some rope to get back down because obviously it’s so much harder to climb free down I would think.

#554 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

The Handmaid's Tale

Thumbs up from me as well. Easily one of the best TV series I've watched.

#555 5 years ago

I said this a few posts back, but I’ve now finished the first season: Sex Education on Netflix is excellent. The acting is great — Gillian Anderson is amazing as the Mom of the show — and it is surprisingly heartfelt and authentic given the subject matter.

2 weeks later
#556 5 years ago

I just finished The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix and I thought it was excellent. The sixth episode is one of the best things I've ever seen on TV.

#557 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just finished The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix and I thought it was excellent. The sixth episode is one of the best things I've ever seen on TV.

Agreed. Great, great show!

#558 5 years ago
Quoted from Industen:

"Bosch" on Prime is very well done if you like L.A . Noire Crime drama

Bosch is entertaining. Love the LA feel, and the fact he can get from the Hills to downtown in 30 minutes. Season 5 is coming out in April

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Bosch is entertaining. Love the LA feel, and the fact he can get from the Hills to downtown in 30 minutes. Season 5 is coming out in April

I’m liking Bosch as well.

My wife watches NCIS she said they can get from Quantico to the xyz place like it’s down the road a bit but in reality I’d be 2+ hr drive.

1 week later
#560 5 years ago

Blue book not bad.

Look out she's a...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#561 5 years ago

Netflix: "El Patrón del Mal" if you like gangster stuff. In Spanish, historically fairly accurate. The rise and fall of Pablo Escobar. 74 Epsisodes.

#562 5 years ago

Letterkenny. This show is so good but please don't check it out if you are the type to get offended.

#563 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Letterkenny. This show is so good but please don't check it out if you are the type to get offended.

Ha!
Rank Canadian humour at its best

#564 5 years ago

After Life with Ricky Gervais is both laugh out loud funny and moving at the same time.

"I'm not a paedophile, and if I was you'd be safe you fat, ginger, c*nt"

#565 5 years ago

Season 2 of The OA starts tomorrow! Can't wait. Still time to binge watch season 1 before tomorrow.

#567 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

season 3 coming soon

I couldn't get past the first episode of this show. Does it get any better?

#568 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Ditto

#569 5 years ago

Drew Barrymore peaked at 6.

#570 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes, it's a fantastic show. If you are worried about the vomit, there isn't much more of that, though there is some gore throughout. If you don't like the chemistry between Barrymore and Oliphant, well then the show isn't for you. I, for one, love it.

#571 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yes, it's a fantastic show. If you are worried about the vomit, there isn't much more of that, though there is some gore throughout. If you don't like the chemistry between Barrymore and Oliphant, well then the show isn't for you. I, for one, love it.

I have no problem with gore, and I actually really like Oliphant. I just think Barrymore is a painfully bad actress.

#572 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have no problem with gore, and I actually really like Oliphant. I just think Barrymore is a painfully bad actress.

Hmmm. I think she is quite good in it, and I really like their chemistry. Give it another couple of episodes, and if it doesn't grow on you by then, it probably won't.

#573 5 years ago

I should also note that the supporting actors -- the two teenagers and all the neighbors -- are also quite good.

#574 5 years ago

There's a new anthology series on Netflix called Love, Death and Robots. Some of the shorts are better than others, but there is some really cool animation.

#575 5 years ago

What not to watch:

True Detective Season 3-

Absolute snooze fest. I dare you to watch and not fall asleep.

Punisher Season 2-

Love Jon Bernthal, enjoyed season 1, but season 2 is a huge downgrade. A huge letdown.

#576 5 years ago

I watched episode one of True Detective 3 it was painful to watch.

#577 5 years ago

I am biding my time now, waiting for the coming winter...
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#578 5 years ago

Just started to watch Mrs Maisel at first like 70% into first episode was a bit boring but it picked up and seems to be good.

Also re-watching Deadwood at the moment.

#579 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

[quoted image]

I AM JACKED for this!!!!!!

#580 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just started to watch Mrs Maisel at first like 70% into first episode was a bit boring but it picked up and seems to be good.
Also re-watching Deadwood at the moment.

I watched the first season and liked it. I have not watched season 2 yet. A pet peeve of mine that they do is play music like Elton John and Bowie, during the closing credits that came later than the 1950's early 1960's which is when the show takes place.

I re-watched Deadwood last year. Season 1 and 3 were great. Season 2 was meh. Too bad they did not finish the series with Deadwood or Carnivale. I just finished re-watching Arli$$ which I really liked.

#581 5 years ago

'Toys That Made Us' on Netflix. Funny, nostalgic and actually very interesting.

#582 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

A pet peeve of mine that they do is play music like Elton John and Bowie, during the closing credits that came later than the 1950's early 1960's which is when the show takes place.

I noticed that too but doesn’t bother me, it’s just the mood or vibe that they are going for, not like they play Bowie on the radio during the show that would bother me.

Often I don’t care to watch the closing credits of TV shows because some don’t really have different music but I first noticed on The Sopranos and now this show. I think maybe it’s better to be noticed good or bad than just to skip past the ending credits.

#583 5 years ago

I thought true detective season three was overall good.

It could have been better but I liked it and I believe it redeemed the series, sort of.

The memory issues that were a part of the show. They appealed to me. I’m not too old yet. But I have dealt with memory issues. It can be horrifying. In real life.

Decent I liked it overall. More violence.

#584 5 years ago

“The Last Kingdom “on Netflix

#585 5 years ago

Project Blue Book on the history channel.

#586 5 years ago

Club de cuervos on Netflix!

2 months later
#587 4 years ago

Dead to me - netflix

I gave it a go because it had christina applegate and that girl from grandma's boy and she played velma from scooby doo.
As the story goes on, you wonder how the hell this is going to end well. The end really got to me.

#588 4 years ago

Just watched season one of Big Little Lies. Not sure about it overall but had a few funny moments.

#589 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

[quoted image]

They messed that up fairly well.

#590 4 years ago

Chernobyl = Very well done.

#591 4 years ago

I just got through the case against...

https://www.hbo.com/the-case-against-adnan-syed

Very good. Also out for blood In silicone valley.

Both excellent.

#592 4 years ago

So many shows out now it’s impossible to watch even 10% of them.

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So many shows out now it’s impossible to watch even 10% of them.

Just don't watch the shitty ones

#594 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Chernobyl = Very well done.

So good because it is a true story. Can't believe anything the soviet government says.

#595 4 years ago
Quoted from angus:

So good because it is a true story. Can't believe anything the soviet government says.

Crazy, and no one would know anything about the dangers of radiation etc, think about not having the internet etc - great show, well done

#596 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Crazy, and no one would know anything about the dangers of radiation etc, think about not having the internet etc - great show, well done

Insanely and very sad, must watch.

#597 4 years ago

I just watched both seasons of "Fleabag" on amazon prime. Definitely worth checking out. There are two seasons, six episodes each, and only 26min long so a quick watch.

Here's amazons Synopsis:

"Fleabag is a hilarious and poignant window into the mind of a dry-witted, sexual, angry, grief-riddled woman, as she hurls herself at modern living in London. Award-winning playwright Phoebe Waller-Bridge writes and stars as Fleabag, an unfiltered woman trying to heal, while rejecting anyone who tries to help her and keeping up her bravado all along."

#598 4 years ago

Did anyone catch the first episode of NOS4A2?

#599 4 years ago
Quoted from AntennaMan:

Did anyone catch the first episode of NOS4A2?

Just did. My wife is hooked. I have mixed feelings so far. I’m intrigued but a bit worried that the story may fizzle out. Also, parts seem really well done and other parts seem a little less polished. I’m going to stick with it for a while and see how it goes.

#600 4 years ago

Not sure why; but I've been enjoying Travelers on Netflix. I'm about 4 eps into season 2... so I got about a season and a half left.
Finished season 2 of The Punisher
and several other shows.

There are 3,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/12?hl=gunnut40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.