• Latest reply 1 hour ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 80 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Below Deck (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240429_201422_Chrome Beta (resized).jpg
nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
There are 3,931 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 79.
#751 4 years ago

Just finished season one of Narcos about Pablo Escobar on Netflix. Really like it, even know you have to read half of it.

4 weeks later
#752 4 years ago

Lots of time to binge watch. What's the newest hottest shows out right now?

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Lots of time to binge watch. What's the newest hottest shows out right now?

Liking The Outsider on HBO right now though only 3 episodes in.

#754 4 years ago

Tried to watch Hunters on Amazon and just couldn't get into it and gave up after two episodes. Its really goofy grindhouse style Nazi hunters in a sort of Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter kind of way.

ZeroZeroZero was good, but really brutal and not a very cheerful plot. This is also on Amazon.

While I'm on Amazon, I see there is a new season of Bosch coming next month. That is a really good show that already has five seasons if you need a binge.

#755 4 years ago

"Sex Education" on Netflix is a great show with two full seasons to watch. I also highly recommend "You", another Netflix show.

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

"Sex Education" on Netflix is a great show with two full seasons to watch. I also highly recommend "You", another Netflix show.

I had my eyes on Sex Education. With the National lockdown coming looks like we will give it a whirl.

#757 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I had my eyes on Sex Education. With the National lockdown coming looks like we will give it a whirl.

I agree it is an absolutely fantastic show. Just don’t watch it with your kids. I think it has really good messages for older teens, but it would be fairly awkward to watch it with them.

#758 4 years ago

Just about done “Avenue 5”
HBO series, it’s friggin funny. I’ve been watching so many good 1 hour dramas and Etc for so long, this is great humour.

#759 4 years ago

We watched like 9 different shows this weekend. The comedy DAVE and The Outsider got the most time. We watched all the episodes for DAVE, and only have 1 left of The Outsider. We also watched the final 2 episodes of Sneaky Pete to close out that show.

Other shows we started:

Black Monday
South Side
The Leftovers
Marianne

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Just about done “Avenue 5”
HBO series, it’s friggin funny. I’ve been watching so many good 1 hour dramas and Etc for so long, this is great humour.

I’ve been wondering about that one. The ads don’t make it look that great, but it can be hard to tell from ads. Will have to check it out.

#761 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I’ve been wondering about that one. The ads don’t make it look that great, but it can be hard to tell from ads. Will have to check it out.

It’s got some “cheese” to it, but enough proper humour to keep it different. It’s not like The Orville, it’s more hijinx with the F word tossed in

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

We watched like 9 different shows this weekend. The comedy DAVE and The Outsider got the most time. We watched all the episodes for DAVE, and only have 1 left of The Outsider. We also watched the final 2 episodes of Sneaky Pete to close out that show.

Love Lil' Dicky on youtube.. still on the fence about the tv show (can't believe what they can show on FX)
Sneaky Pete is sooo good... seems to reflect real life. Just when you think you have skeletons in the closet, you realize everyone else does too.

#763 4 years ago

If you've never seen it, I highly recommend The Prisoner starring Patrick McGoohan.

There are only 17 episodes, but this late 1960's British series is worth every viewing minute. One episode was banned from airing in the United States due to the Vietnam War and the entire series' message of non-conformism. But that one episode hit way too close to home for CBS and they did not broadcast it with the rest of the series when it ran.

On a lighter note, The Simpsons even did an episode where Patrick McGoohan actually reprises his role as the main character in The Prisoner. But do not watch that Simpsons episode until you've seen the entire original series. Come to think of it, you probably shouldn't watch that episode in the immediate future even if you binge watch all 17 episodes in a single day.

Be seeing you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prisoner

#764 4 years ago

Just finished Messiah on Netflix, well worth watching IMHO

#765 4 years ago

Currently watching "Maniac" on Netflix. I'd give it a C-. It's not great. I'm still going to finish it out, because 70% of the way in I feel like I need a payoff. I'd recommend skipping it at the moment. If I don't chime back in to suggest otherwise, assume that stands.

I've been pretty vocal that, while I liked Breaking Bad, I think it's overrated. If you liked it and haven't seen the Sopranos or The Wire, you need to watch both of those next. If you only have time for one series and haven't seen any of them, Sopranos is the clear winner for me -- watch that.

I just finished re-watching Sopranos for the 3rd time. I played it in the background while working on PC and pinball stuff. I caught a lot I hadn't noticed or didn't remember in previous viewings. I think it's the best TV program ever made, and for me it's not particularly close.

#766 4 years ago

The Outsider
Picard
Haunting of Hill House
The Boys
The Expanse

These are all excellent shows I’ve recently watched.

4 weeks later
#767 4 years ago

Just finished The Outsider. Really good show with a creepy mood.

Also been watching Futureman on Hulu. Really really really funny. Really.

#768 4 years ago

Schitt’s Creek!

#769 4 years ago

Outer Banks
All American
Ozarks
Bosch

#770 4 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Schitt’s Creek!

Chris Elliot rules!

#771 4 years ago

Having not visited this thread in quite a while, I have a couple new suggestions that haven't been mentioned, both on Hulu:

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. Everyone should see this crazy show! It's not new and I was surprised no one has brought it up.

DEVS. Nick Offerman makes up for the lead female's trancelike acting and the show's intriguing but ultimately nonsensical premise. This one came out just recently.

#772 4 years ago

The ESPN series "Last Dance" about Michael Jordan and the Bulls is really good so far.

#773 4 years ago

Love this Netflix series, but it's "Ozark," singular. Finishing season 3 made me want to rewatch all three seasons.

#774 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Chris Elliot rules!

Honestly the whole cast is SOLID!!!

I watch VERY little TV. Schitt’s was recommended by some friends and with the quarantine we decided to give it a go.

I was skeptical through episodes 1 & 2 as I tried to wrap my head around the characters. After episode 3, my wife and I were hooked and knocked out a few episodes each day until the series finale not too long ago.

We are now starting over from season 1 again...enjoyed it that much!!!

#775 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

DEVS. Nick Offerman makes up for the lead female's trancelike acting and the show's intriguing but ultimately nonsensical premise. This one came out just recently.

DEVS had huge potential, but I was left feeling very unsatisfied by the ending. I wanted to like it so bad. The plot was very compelling, and the art direction and music were both amazing. I agree with you about Offerman. He was great. I also agree with you about the lead actress. She was absolutely terrible!

#776 4 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I watch VERY little TV. Schitt’s was recommended by some friends and with the quarantine we decided to give it a go.
I was skeptical through episodes 1 & 2 as I tried to wrap my head around the characters. After episode 3, my wife and I were hooked and knocked out a few episodes each day until the series finale not too long ago.

Been a Chris E fan ever since he was "the guy under the seats" om Letterman back in the '80's.

His 1990-92 TV show "Get a life" was awesome! Then, there's Cabin boy.

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Love this Netflix series, but it's "Ozark," singular. Finishing season 3 made me want to rewatch all three seasons.

My wife and I just finished season 3. We tried to make it last,but it's so good,we finished it in two weeks.

#778 4 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I'll have to give it another try. We watched the first episode,and decided it wasn't for us. Useally,I watch at least 3 episodes to see if a new show is right for me. For some reason I thought this show was a dud? I should have stuck to my three episode rule.
Thanks.

#779 4 years ago

I loved everything about Devs including the lead actress and weird dialogue

Tales from the Loop was good when in the mood for a slow show

#780 4 years ago

we started watching ozark a couple weeks ago, about half way into season 2.. it IS addictive. That first episode really pulls you in though.

#781 4 years ago

I have started to watch Netflix Marvel series with mixed reviews. I love how much more gritty they can be than the Marvel movies but also don't love how they need to drag out the content to 10+ hours a series.

Daredevil season 1 great (a bit long and drawn out but worth it), season 2 I'm half point and it's still as good as season 1

Jessica Jones (good but too long drawn out, could have been 5 episodes) but is well worth watching just for Krysten Ritter

1 week later
#782 4 years ago

Watching season 4 of The Last Kingdom. This is such a great show. Some shows you watch for an hour and seems like nothing has happened. With the TLK they pack more story telling in a hour with action and drama than most. Really makes you want to hit the start button for another episode.

#783 4 years ago

If anyone is looking for a new show, we started watching ZeroZeroZero on amazon prime. We are four episodes in and really enjoying it.

#784 4 years ago

Upload on amazon prime is pretty good

#785 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#786 4 years ago

While we’re at it, Little House on the Prairie. My favorite show of all time.

#787 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

While we’re at it, Little House on the Prairie. My favorite show of all time.

Don’t forget about The Love Boat and Fantasy Island

#788 4 years ago

If you are going back to the 70's, its gotta be Rockford Files...

#789 4 years ago

Try tirdy works on tru tv. Fun, funny show. Might get old quick, but was funny premiere

#790 4 years ago

How about Fraggle Rock? One of the greatest theme songs of all time.

#791 4 years ago

Only a few episodes into The Last Kingdom, it’s really good. Thanks for the suggestion!

#792 4 years ago

I highly recommend the German show "Dark" on Netflix. There are two seasons, and season 3 comes out next month.

#793 3 years ago

Last Kingdom

#794 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I highly recommend the German show "Dark" on Netflix. There are two seasons, and season 3 comes out next month.

That is one of the best shows ever. Can't wait for season 3.

#795 3 years ago

The Last Kingdom and thanks to all those that mentioned it! Never heard of it before reading it here.

For fans of R&M, Solar Opposites!

#796 3 years ago

Just stumbled back across BILLIONS on showtime. I had totally forgot about that show. I think season 3 was the last season I watched. Well season 5 started a few weeks ago so now I have all of season 4 to catch up on.

#797 3 years ago

I am finishing today watching 4 seasons of "The Expanse". The CGI is top notch and the plot is ok as well. I am on sickleave, so it has been a busy week with the Expanse

1 month later
#798 3 years ago

Two episodes in and I’m really enjoying The Great on Hulu.

#799 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

we started watching ozark a couple weeks ago, about half way into season 2.. it IS addictive. That first episode really pulls you in though.

season 4 just got renewed (final season). Finished season 3, such a good series
https://deadline.com/2020/06/ozark-renewed-supersized-fourth-final-season-netflix-1202973467/

#800 3 years ago

ZeroZeroZero. Amazon Prime.

There are 3,931 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.