pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
s-l1600aaa (resized).jpg
2222 (resized).jpg
s-l960 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azmodeus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 7 years ago

banshee was amazing and only a few seasons. Violence violence and violence. Awesome.

#43 7 years ago

I didn't get in to stranger things either, but many like it. I did enjoy west world and I agree season 2 of the true detective was lame. The first season was so expectedly good.

Game of thrones is amazing, if you haven't seen that that is first, IMO. Breaking bad is probably the best show ever made. If you haven't seen that yet?

Good luck.

#49 7 years ago

Leftovers a good call too.

#64 7 years ago

Twin peaks is an amazing show. Strangely, I found myself thinking back on how important to the medium twin peaks was/is. Most newer shows seem to owe something to twin peaks. I remember watching the premier on tv. Strange premiere. What a phenomenon but burned out quickly too. It seemed to capture everyone's attention, then lose it all, fast.

Mad men what a show. Why do I like it? I don't know. I like the cast. A great show.

Dexter is good too, californication, great show.

#66 7 years ago

Reality tv has captivated me since my stroke and three brain surgeries. I no longer care to watch horror, my passion. I think I may have had enough horror now at 49. I like the very good stuff still, and I am rewarding a bunch.

Now I like comedy and reality. And shorter run times.

I like pit bulls and parolees, I like Alaskan outback people and I like the Bigfoot hunters. I also dabbled in oak island and find that interesting. Naked and afraid and survivor still fun.

Kardashians... I had never even seen the show before now yes I have seen it. I don't find it all that offensive but I am amazed that they make a show out of it. Pretty much a show about nothing, or about those sisters and thier weird ass family.

I am sort of looking forward to seeing what they do with thier pinball episode. I'm sure it will be silly, but still want to see how they spin it. They filmed that episode near me at ayce Gogi in la. It should cause a stir. (Kind of already has)

I love the t & a. It happens, I'm a man baby.

Also liked black sails but I am watching season 3 and it has jumped the shark for me. I loved 1 & 2 seasons but three... Is making me not like it.

Could just be the new post brain surgery me, or maybe it is not so good after 2.

Really trying to avoid all spoilers here.

#67 7 years ago

Deadwood is bad ass. I hated to see that go. I wouldn't be suprised to see another season of deadwood someday. Seems to have a big enough following after the fact and most of the actors are still around?

#68 7 years ago

I'm sorry I should have mentioned my personal favorite show of the last few years was river monsters. I used to throw away my old t shirts but after Jeremy wade, I stopped throwing them away.

Anyways great show. Last season this year but almost every single episode was good to me. I can watch some of them again and again.

I really like the places I get to see, that I will never visit. I guess that is true of many shows.

#72 7 years ago

Dang vid doctor who.

Of course, I agree that the reboot is a good place to start. Very good show for everyone, kids and the ladies. An amazing show, brought current with every new season.

I had extreme difficulty watching the old show, but the creative direction, I e monsters, were always amazing.

I think they need to make a movie superman vs the daleks. Maybe then there might be a good superman movie...

Superman dr who, but the bbc doesn't need superman. The daleks don't need superman. He probably couldn't stop them anyways.

#125 7 years ago

Being the prop master on preacher must be a somewhat fucked up job. Kudos. I read the whole series. A blast.

#126 7 years ago

Oh by the way if you like older stuff I would suggest

All of batman the tv series original. Brilliant. And colorful.

The outer limits, original. I think it beats the shit out of most new stuff.

I would also throw in the kolchak the night stalker.

It is interesting the comments about the man in high castle, maybe I'll try it.
What I find most interesting is that the premise is what is liked, which is as the author intended. They are really mining the old stuff now. I tried to read the man in high castle as a teen. I didn't like it.

#127 7 years ago

I would also suggest fringe to the sci fi lover.

#139 7 years ago

The last couple seasons of fringe were amazing. One show that seemed to finish very strong. There are several Leonard nimoy episodes, too. No spoilers but amazing.

#144 7 years ago

Buffy was very good. Most of the time the show was on the air I would drive by Sunnyvale high once a week, for work. (In. Torrance, California)
Those are my favorite episodes.

#160 7 years ago

This is probably the best television show on right now. Seriously funny, watch it this week.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#193 7 years ago

I watched all of tru blood too. A great show.

#196 7 years ago

I fully agree band of brothers is worth a watch...

my grandfather was a tank driver in ww2. He never spoke of the war while he was alive to me. Later in life he spoke in his great grand kids class of the war, I missed that.

I did not really like my grandpa that much in life, he was a bitter old Italian. But he softened in time and I had some magic memories before he passed. He was also probably a true American hero. He fought in ww2 to protect our peace today. He was an auto worker at ford in the heyday of America.

Miss you now gramps go figure... Ok back to movies and shit.

#199 7 years ago

River monsters. Feels like deja Vu saying it and typing it.

Always loved the show. Almost every single episode. I guess I'm a fan, they got me with the monsters. I love river monsters.

10 months later
#267 6 years ago

Banshee is off the charts good.

I truly enjoy Dice and Last week tonight with John Oliver.

Also west world. The second season is coming, before game of thrones. Might as well catch the first season. It was good.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#291 6 years ago

Altered carbon sounds right up my alley.

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Agreed. My wife and I adored this series form start to finish.

This series, is indeed phenomenally good. My favorite character is without a doubt this girl.

Leftovers.

#301 6 years ago

Her character, was interesting to me, but then after my stroke and three brain surgeries.

A new dynamic was added.

Now I can relate to her character the way no human should. I'll be quiet now. I never understood why she knocked the coffee off the table on purpose before.

Something tells me I will be watching the leftovers at least two more times before I die. That show, is highly recommended.

#314 6 years ago

Im going to catch up on homeland in a few days. I haven't seen it since 2015. I think I'm ready for the stress...

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I f***ing loved it! It was definitely the strangest show that has ever been on TV, but is was just so awesome in so many ways. As such a huge fan of the original show (well, the first season at least), it was so nice to return to that world after such a long hiatus. Lynch was in absolute top form, as were all the actors.

i just started this too. I am enjoying it. Later when I’ve watched it all I would like to start a thread with spoilers. Not yet...

#322 6 years ago

I like Rick and Morty, I hope to watch all of them one day soon, it doesnt suprise me, the Bill Cosby digs that might be there. I will see it all with my own eyes in context.

Anyways Rick and Morty. I only have seen one episode and it was great. I'm going to watch them all.

Here is a response to a person recently about depression.

It is a great world when we have creators in media like this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2017/12/01/a-depressed-fan-tweeted-at-writer-dan-harmon-his-heartfelt-response-left-many-on-twitter-in-tears/?utm_term=.fa64f1f139ea

1 week later
#336 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Side note: watched Twin Peaks Fire Walk with Me.
It’s out there, a prequel to the original series so not much of Agent Cooper.
But sad they replaced Lara Flynn with another actress.
The movie is not great but has some great moments and very disturbing.

I had extreme difficulty with Lara Flynn Boyles replacement. Because of this I only like the begining of the movie.

She was the only one who couldn't get in the film. For whatever reason. Good bye Lara Flynn Boyle.

#337 6 years ago

The replacement actress was cute and all. But at the time, it pulled me right out of the whole film.

I will have to watch it again now.

#338 6 years ago

No one has really come out and said why Lara Flynn Boyle is not in Fire Walk With Me.
https://www.thewrap.com/twin-peaks-donna-hayward-lara-flynn-boyle/

1 week later
#345 6 years ago

My personal opinion as an outsider looking in on Lara Flynn Boyles career.

I wanted to see her in twin peaks but she was doing Men in black. I didn't think she looked well. She started started looking anorexic.

That was the last I heard of Lara Flynn Boyle.

Ultimately. Lynch is twin peaks in my opinion. He could add a scene with Oprah and Ellyn and make it compelling.

I will get back on this to finish the third season. But so far. Tasty. Isn't it?

Now I'm thinking about the Oprah and Ellen scene. It could resemble the one in this picture...

1 month later
#368 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Anyone tried The Terror?
I have only watched the first episode, but I really enjoyed the book.
Looks good.

I read that. Some one called it the war and peace of horror novels... I made it through the whole thing. Not exactly my cup of tea but I like Dan Simmons.

If they can make a series out of the terror, there are many stories out there still.

Jeff vAndermeers ambergris stories, for instance.

#369 5 years ago

I've got to catch up on a bunch of things like the lost in space reboot.

6 months later
#442 5 years ago

I am catching up on walking dead I am three seasons behind. Grimmer and grimmer the show is good. I am watching this show now.

1 week later
#465 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That’s why I liked Sopranos so much with real possibilities of jail or getting wacked.

Holy crap the second season of sopranos is some classic stuff to me. The boat scene.

There are few things like season two of the sopranos. The sister. The series was at its best, all of a sudden.

#466 5 years ago

If you haven't seen the game of thrones there must be a reason.

2 months later
#474 5 years ago

I am fully enjoying the third season of true detective.

#501 5 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

So is anyone else here watching "Project Blue Book"?

Just watched episode 1. Fun. The actor who play little finger in game of thrones is a lead character.

#506 5 years ago

Project blue book is a fun show if you like u f o s. I got confused because they only streamed ep 1 and then last night was ep 4. It didn't matter really.

my fiancée Veronika is a u f o fan. Me two. Sort of.

I'm gonna keep watching!

I was trying to explain a little of oak island to her. Before the show it was on.

I'm an oak island fan but that show, goes nowhere. I m o.

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

DUDE!! Serious!!? I've read the books inside and out and when I first saw the trailer on AMC long before they aired it I was stunned and excited. The show is done so well and true to the books.
We need to talk! LOL

I have never watched preacher yet, but I read the comic series when it was new on the stands.

I will watch them all eventually. I've said this before, prop master on preacher. That is someone's dream job. (Maybe yours)

Cool. All the way around...

#520 5 years ago

I am going to watch preacher next. Prop master is here! I read the whole comic series so...

This way I can comment properly on the show. After I watch it I’ll put my thoughts in a different thread.

#522 5 years ago

Now is a real good time to watch game of thrones, if you never have especially.

The upcoming final season should be spectacular.

Understatement.

1 month later
#560 5 years ago

Blue book not bad.

Look out she's a...

#577 5 years ago

I am biding my time now, waiting for the coming winter...

#583 5 years ago

I thought true detective season three was overall good.

It could have been better but I liked it and I believe it redeemed the series, sort of.

The memory issues that were a part of the show. They appealed to me. I’m not too old yet. But I have dealt with memory issues. It can be horrifying. In real life.

Decent I liked it overall. More violence.

2 months later
#591 4 years ago

I just got through the case against...

https://www.hbo.com/the-case-against-adnan-syed

Very good. Also out for blood In silicone valley.

Both excellent.

1 week later
#612 4 years ago

There are a lot of u f o shows in the recent months and upcoming.

I think the next frontier on u f o s is we catch one. Digression.

One of my friends said we already did that I said I don't see it so I need to catch my own.

Also have found Chernobyl a good watch.

3 weeks later
#650 4 years ago

We need another show like banshee. Badly.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3842946/?ref_=ttep_ep3

5 months later
#670 4 years ago

I am going to watch dark materials. I thought watchmen was great. Makes me think miracleman by Allan Moore might actually happen. If you liked watchmen you should read miracleman.

I am jazzed about Americas got talent, too.

#679 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Does one need to have read the graphic novel to fully appreciate the show? I've read it, but my wife hasn't.

I would say no, overall. It might make someone interested in reading the original, which is a bonus.

#680 4 years ago

For instance my fiancée enjoyed the show mostly and has never read the comic nor ever will.

Just her thing. I have read it multiple times. One person I know liked the movie, then watched the series and liked both.

In my opinion miracleman is better than the original watchmen. Both came out at roughly the same time. By the way at my library there are six copies of watchmen available to read. I mentioned that fact to one of my friends who has never read the comic. What other books do they have six plus of I wonder...

#699 4 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Seinfeld - the greatest comedy series ever, IMO. I didn't start watching it until after they quit making new episodes. I am considering watching it again.

I was able to attend a filming of the episode "little Jerry Seinfeld". It was thanksgiving eve.

It was actually called this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=little+jerry+sienfeld&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

If you listen at the very end credits there is coughing. I got so sick. I had to walk out several times at the End to not make noise with my coughing.

In the credits you can hear the Coughing. That is unfortunately, me. But there, immortalized none the less!

#715 4 years ago

and I think The Leftovers is one of the best shows in the history of TV.

The leftovers is godlike. No pun intended.

1st season was good.

2nd had me shaking my head.

3rd season wrapped it up like something that had never been created before.

The woman who lost her whole family. Fascinating.

I need to watch the whole thing again. And that to me is a sign.

#719 4 years ago

Mandolorian is very good. Overall I would say it's the best series to come out this year.

Star Wars done very well.

It was number one.
Awards are coming. As well as more of the series. It's nice to see more than one thing happening in the Star Wars world.

#720 4 years ago

There is so much good stuff out there. Production values are high on everything.

It's a bit of a magic era for us viewers...

1 week later
#733 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I could take or leave Mando it’s so meh imo. Glad some people like it (helps my Disney stock).

I guess I like mandolorian freshness in my star wars. It's the same universe but it has new sheen.

Your Disney stock will surely soar.

After googling mando I found this. I guess I'm not the only one who likes it.
It is the most in demand show in the world according to Forbes.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffewing/2019/12/03/data-shows-the-mandalorian-is-tvs-most-in-demand-series-in-the-world/

They bought Star Wars for a reason. So far, this and thier Star Wars lands is the reason I think. Just my opinion. I'm glad for thier success.

1 month later
#750 4 years ago

Never seen the wire, but challenge accepted.

Quoted from John_I:

Anyone trying to find a new TV show who has not seen The Wire needs to stop and watch all five seasons. When it comes right down to it, this may be the greatest TV show ever.

Quoted from John_I:

Anyone trying to find a new TV show who has not seen The Wire needs to stop and watch all five seasons. When it comes right down to it, this may be the greatest TV show ever.

5 months later
#814 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I would highly recommend reading the book series which is far superior to the show, and one of the best fantasy / critique on the genre series that is out there.
That said, after reading it, I have been watching the series, and it is very enjoyable with a great cast.

This looks a lot like magic order from mark Millar written for Netflix.

Although I would imagine thier property will be a Netflix release. Magic order graphic novel is very good. It will make a great movie or series.

#815 3 years ago

I just started into darkness on Netflix. Finished season one. Netflix is great entertainment for the money.

Netflix rules the world.

#840 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Watch it on the reg, it's a little different. Very campy, sci fi, but has us tuning in for more.
Find myself laughing at Brandon Fraser's character quite often.

I had started to watch doom patrol but stopped. Grant morrisons doom patrol is one of my favorite comics. I will watch it again it just wasn't the right time. I wonder if the candlestick man makes an appearance.

1 month later
#860 3 years ago

Americas got talent crowns a winner tonight. I pick Alan silva to win.

Me and the fiancée are hooked on both married at first sight and married in 90 days.

I want to watch lovecraft country after complete.

The boys is on deck right now.

1 week later
#895 3 years ago

https://www.ign.com/articles/best-horror-tv-shows-on-netflix-right-now

I enjoyed dark. I also was really creeped out by the leftovers h b o .

Season one was good, season two ok, season three (final) spectacular. Disturbing.

1 month later
#934 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Buffy the vampire slayer is on prime. I thought it was good when I watched it a decade ago. Going to revisit it after I finish Supernatural. Currently on season 13. Now that's a show that week take you a long time it get through since it has 15 seasons

I had the account Torrance high school at grainger industrial supply. That was Buffys school. I thought it was kind of Cool to be going there weekly, for my own reasons.

When they blew up the school, I was semi excited. In the show.

The best thing I got from them was a friendship with the former director of maintenance.

The first time I visited them I locked my keys in my car. The whole maintenance staff ended up helping me including the director.

I learned, to make the best of a situation there. (A good lesson IMO.)

I kept that for tip. For later sales.

There are some exceptional shows in the Buffy seasons. I remember one of my own co workers was like "you need to watch Buffy"

She was right. What a clever show.

3 weeks later
#936 3 years ago

Mandolorian.

Catching up on walking dead. It is about to hit the fan.

They are about to meet a guy named negan.

1 week later
#946 3 years ago

Watching better than us on Netflix. My fiancée likes it. It is filmed in Russia.

I am fully enjoying the mandolorian.

You know there could be a mandolorian pinball. That would be very smart.

1 month later
#1007 3 years ago

I needed a show for me and the lady to watch and it was Bridgerton on Netflix.

I scratch my head and say ok as we wait for season two.

The sets are amazing. Show couldn’t work for me without the costumes and sets being so detailed.

Not bad but I prefer more violence in my cinema.

#1022 3 years ago

I’m going to follow Alice to the borderland.

#1039 3 years ago

I keep my eye on the comics but I never read this one. Not my thing. So I might try the show.
You can see where it came from. Partially I’m sure.

E21439E1-C4B1-4710-B893-8AB7EE5BD3C5 (resized).jpegE21439E1-C4B1-4710-B893-8AB7EE5BD3C5 (resized).jpeg
#1040 3 years ago

Tv show for thanos wins and cosmic ghost rider would be more my thing I guess.

1 month later
#1071 3 years ago

I am hooked on the talent shows. Americas got talent, American idol and the voice.

A friend of mine says they are just set up but I enjoy them at face value.

Also I enjoy Saturday night live, but I would suggest improvements. Like both music direction and skit writing.

Overall a great show, IMO.

#1072 3 years ago

Time to break some molds at snl, IMO.

#1086 3 years ago

In regards to brigerton. We both enjoyed it. While I was watching it I noticed the strange complexity of the show.

I don’t like it but I like it. I jokingly called it “spankerton.”

But again, I enjoyed and watched the whole darn thing.

I believe it’s an excellent couples experience, too. Spankerton!

#1095 3 years ago

The team on banshee made warrior / Cinemax. It was suggested here and I am ready.

The first two seconds has the revving logo sound from banshee.

I expect greatness...

1 month later
#1102 2 years ago

Falcon and the winter soldier. Very good.

B269D8D3-42EA-47CA-BB9A-6491B28BF60A (resized).jpegB269D8D3-42EA-47CA-BB9A-6491B28BF60A (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#1109 2 years ago

I’m watching Jupiter’s legacy on Netflix. If you like superheroes this is for you.

11E3DB30-B131-464B-AB59-4569CF0A68E2 (resized).jpeg11E3DB30-B131-464B-AB59-4569CF0A68E2 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1111 2 years ago

I made the mistake of starting a few series with friends. Now I’m sitting on my hands waiting to finish them.

Mandolorian and Jupiter’s legacy…

1 week later
#1114 2 years ago

I’m in with the fiancée. On the playboy doc!
Growing up I knew very little about Hefner. I thought he was very fortunate. And I was envious.

He cameos in Beverly Hills by weezer.

3 weeks later
#1115 2 years ago

Loki is very good.

800388FB-7B93-4C6E-88BB-2B8D7BA1FF4B (resized).jpeg800388FB-7B93-4C6E-88BB-2B8D7BA1FF4B (resized).jpegCDE21165-B8D6-4A8D-8BFF-04E00F9AF8B2 (resized).jpegCDE21165-B8D6-4A8D-8BFF-04E00F9AF8B2 (resized).jpeg
#1135 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I’ve been watching Golden Girls. Hulu Yes a 44 yr old man watching GG. It was my grandmother’s favorite show.

My grandmothers favorite show was Johnny Carson. Golden girls could be a hot pin in the right hands. That just sounds wrong. But i could be right.

Public image rise.

1 month later
#1152 2 years ago

I am digging into the boys. Good lord!

3E38645C-0FF4-4E14-95CD-3551ED9B735A (resized).jpeg3E38645C-0FF4-4E14-95CD-3551ED9B735A (resized).jpeg
#1163 2 years ago

I hope to finally watch hunters too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunters_(2020_TV_series)

Quoted from ralphs007:

Then you have to watch the movies ,Goodfellas and The Bronx tales if you haven't already.

I like Donnie Brasko too, myself.

2 weeks later
#1171 2 years ago

I am going to watch the entire series deep space nine. It sounds like I missed something special.

I remember Watching season one and becoming disinterested at the time.

Going to watch the whole thing now.

3 weeks later
#1191 2 years ago

I have watched both season one and season two of stranger things. Moving on to three, it’s a fun show. I might be the last one to watch it. The pinball pulled me in, the cross marketing. I decided to watch after the pin.

#1196 2 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Believe the hype.
[quoted image]

Yes I’m going in!

1 week later
#1198 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

season 3 is the best by far.. arcade, 7-eleven, the mall, and the monsters get even more effed up #ahoy!

About to crack into season three. Damn good show.

#1199 2 years ago

Squid games is rolling. I’m not sure if my fiancée will like this, but I like it. I think I will watch the first ep with her and see what she thinks. Instead of continuing without her.

Going to watch snl too.

#1200 2 years ago

I’ve got a sinking feeling about snl. It’s one of my favorite shows.

I wish we had something like snl filmed in Hollywood here.

But my sinking feeling on the show. It won’t go away.

(The sinking feeling for me usually heralds the inevitable end.)

#1206 2 years ago

I needed to look no further.

Squid games.

E6F3832C-1BBF-4E88-8962-6A37441C7F26 (resized).jpegE6F3832C-1BBF-4E88-8962-6A37441C7F26 (resized).jpeg
#1214 2 years ago

Finished up stranger things. I highly recommend all three seasons. You might be impatient for the fourth and final season. Which is Announced as coming in 2022.

https://netflixlife.com/2021/10/11/stranger-things-season-4-release-date-netflix-cast-trailer-synopsis/

1 month later
#1257 2 years ago

If you have not seen the behavior panel experts on YouTube this may interest you.

When you learn to read people’s reactions it becomes a microsuperpower.

(In the words of one of the four experts.)

It’s true, a micro power. I’ll take ten more of such powers.

If you are interested in psychopaths or deception in general, it will suck you in. Not useless knowledge here though. I get to learn too.

One of my favorites.
The man was acquitted.

If you like current events and billionaires in jail,check this one here!

By the way, in regards to Elizabeth Holmes from theranos.

One of her influences to her mask or personality is IMO yoda himself.

I’m not sure they catch the yoda in her. I do.
237478EC-F00B-45F4-AB3E-DA9DE74AC489 (resized).jpeg237478EC-F00B-45F4-AB3E-DA9DE74AC489 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#1263 2 years ago

Watching this.

3F3FD726-5885-43F6-8E4D-8730C43D14CE (resized).jpeg3F3FD726-5885-43F6-8E4D-8730C43D14CE (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1290 2 years ago

Lost in space reboot was interesting. My fiancée misses it already.

#1292 2 years ago

I am rewatching the final season of fringe. Damn. High note finish of the series.

#1293 2 years ago

I am also rolling through hill house on Netflix.

It is fun to see The kid from ET as an adult.

F91D759F-BD68-410E-B157-013527505649 (resized).pngF91D759F-BD68-410E-B157-013527505649 (resized).png
#1294 2 years ago

Boss mode Walter. Spoilers…

Antimatter tampering. “We are insurgents”

This device could be replaced by a pinball machine.

1 week later
#1317 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Another upvote for Midnight Mass
And a bonus that it's a limited series, 1 season and done, my favorite type[quoted image]

It wasn’t what I was expecting, but I like that. I avoid all trailers.

Have you watched all three seasons of the leftovers h b o . 3 and done but, wow. I’m going to rewatch.

#1321 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

One of the worst shows ever made. Just incredibly stupid and boring. The leftovers was was complete garbage.

I was not fond of season two but one and three hit well with me.

#1336 2 years ago

I Disagree falcon and winter soldier was epically bad. Let’s see what metacritic says.
https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier

I enjoyed it fully, myself. I read the older story line in the comics in high school. The comic was not great either. But it had some moments. Just like the show.
86292247-1D25-403A-9319-995966BD3616 (resized).jpeg86292247-1D25-403A-9319-995966BD3616 (resized).jpeg

The older comics shot up in value too. One went from about $25 to $300 and still going. This I like. A bonus.

#1337 2 years ago

Key Loki issues, but I digress…

2 months later
#1517 2 years ago

Just began ozark. I sense many a tense moment to come.

#1523 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Great show, but it soured me on my dream of one day working for the cartel …

Yes indeed.

#1530 2 years ago

Hunters on Amazon prime. It’s good. Especially if you would like to see nazis get what is coming to them…
This girl got the golden role in the series. IMO.

She gets to dress like that for the rest of her life…

CA6F71EA-C525-4C47-99DD-5550D2C95EDC (resized).jpegCA6F71EA-C525-4C47-99DD-5550D2C95EDC (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1536 2 years ago

Ozark. Season two in progress for me. Fans of breaking bad should watch. Without a doubt.

#1547 2 years ago

After finishing ozark, I am going to rewatch all of sopranos I think.

#1548 2 years ago

Also watching jimmy saville; a British horror story.

2 weeks later
2 weeks later
#1613 1 year ago

I started watching outer range with my fiancée. Now we have polarization at a home level.

I like/ she passed.

The reason is I think it’s a slow burn show. I am enjoying it. The payoff was not enough for her.

I find that interesting because she typically enjoys this type of show.

It happens though, I will be finishing it. I myself love almost any attempt at this kind of thing. No spoilers.

#1615 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I loved it but I like western themed stuff like Yellowstone and I’ll admit that I more then liked Aliens and Cowboys.Danial Craig the best James Bond in a western world!

It’s this outer range I mentioned. Brand spanking new.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/outer_range
CABA78B4-F729-4B22-A657-7283B944D708 (resized).pngCABA78B4-F729-4B22-A657-7283B944D708 (resized).png

#1635 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

and Marty had no gravitas like Walter White did.

There was no moment like this in ozark. So I can see your point here. Say my name.

#1636 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

There was no moment like this in ozark. So I can see your point here. Say my name.

#1637 1 year ago

Spoilers…. I’ll stop now!

#1647 1 year ago

I watched bs on Netflix with howie Mandel.

It was alright. I thought about seeing how to get on. Basically Netflix wants you to send in audition tape not based on projects, but on yourself.

You are pretty much auditioning for whatever they come up with potentially.

It sounds cool. I’m gonna audition for netflix. Why not I say.

1 week later
#1657 1 year ago

I am watching stranger things soon. Finale of survivor first. Also a rerun of goodfellas. R I P mr liotta.

#1659 1 year ago

Stranger things was a slow burn for me all along. I started watching season one and stopped. A couple years later I made it past that slump I had felt and the show took off to me.

I watched the first new episode and ok I’m in for the rest. I’m looking forward to the chaos!

The pinball made me give the show a second chance. Marketing works sometimes.

#1667 1 year ago

Warrior is on my list. I am a banshee fan.

#1695 1 year ago

This is well put, imo.

Quoted from vicjw66:

Gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. They're going down the Kathleen Kennedy produced Last Jedi path that gave us the Grumpy Old man Luke fiasco. And I’ve already seen an article where they have lashed out at fans (calling them racist) who have criticized the black actress who plays the main antagonist.
Now I’m sure there are the usual internet comments from a few racist trolls out there. But for Disney to try to say that is the reason that the fans don’t like her is disingenuous. You don’t hear the fans bashing on Billie Dee Williams. She is a terrible actor first and foremost, and so is little Leia, and there is no getting around that.

#1720 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

His best work was his 1992 HBO special. I remember being gung ho on the war and Bush like almost everybody else and watching the special and finding it funny at the time but disagreeing with him somewhat. Then rewatching it years later realizing he was spot on, on a lot of his commentary.
I can only imagine what Carlin would have to say about todays politicians.

I saw him live once when I was around 14 years old. Must have been 82. We were farther back so we did not get splattered.

I’m going to watch that special.

#1733 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You might be thinking of Gallagher. Lol.

Yep.

#1736 1 year ago

Checking out the boys new episodes. If you enjoyed the series so far, it’s a treat.

The comic was not nearly as good to me as the show. This is a nice surprise to me.

1 week later
#1753 1 year ago

Is it cake is an interesting distraction on Netflix. I’m a fan of the host on s n l .

BC72EC4B-668D-4561-94BB-D8F85041CC4C (resized).jpegBC72EC4B-668D-4561-94BB-D8F85041CC4C (resized).jpeg
#1763 1 year ago

I am going to watch the dude and hoping for some extra violence.

#1792 1 year ago

I am going to binge watch preacher this weekend. To the prop master!

I have read the entire comic run years ago and Loved it.

7C358D7E-E47B-45EC-9FA0-F34612F54544 (resized).jpeg7C358D7E-E47B-45EC-9FA0-F34612F54544 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1812 1 year ago

Every now and then one of the teens would be smiling through the scene. They need to curb that.

Stop smiling man, unless it’s in the script. Imo.

Other than that, totally love the show.

1 month later
#1845 1 year ago

Sandman is a masterpiece in my opinion. Having read number one the week it came out and now seeing it brought to screen is spectacular. I can even see how the little things in the book influenced me through life.

Season two is going to be amazing.

1 week later
#1893 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’ll watch it but I’m not expecting much. Game of Thrones was only good up until they ran out of book material. Isn’t it the same two guys that botched the end of GOT? I don’t know why they set it hundreds of years ago in characters we’re not invested in. It would have been much better to set it during the reign of the Mad King and the war with a young Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon. That’s what everyone wanted.

Future productions perhaps!

#1913 1 year ago

Watching glitch. Not bad.

2432E734-311C-43A2-ABB7-A4F757F4561C (resized).jpeg2432E734-311C-43A2-ABB7-A4F757F4561C (resized).jpeg
#1984 1 year ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

I Believe I am giving up on Sandman, Sat through the diner episode last night, that was enough for me.

Rotten tomatoes on the sandman.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_sandman/s01

Critics and fans say they like it. I myself enjoyed it but the diner was a hard bump. It’s fairly faithful to the comic.
In my opinion the wrap up was like a neat bow.

#1991 1 year ago

The season of mists storyline was the main reason I liked sandman the comic. I would read through the issues that were covered in season one, just to get to the next arc.

The artwork was a lot like Bernie wrightson to me at the time.

Quoted from Nokoro:

Ok, I just watched the diner episode of Sandman. I really liked it. But I like shows and episodes that are slow burns and build up the tension. My wife said it was her favorite episode to date. So, it just shows that tastes are different. Form your own opinion.

There were uncomfortable topics all in over in the diner. I thought they did a good job with the translation to film. But I thought the last couple episodes really tied it all together with a neat bow.

#2004 1 year ago

Next week rings of power drops on Amazon. I hope it is good.

#2016 1 year ago

The waitress at breakfast this morning said she took my recommendation on sandman and loved it.

#2017 1 year ago

I really enjoyed selling the oc on Netflix.

I don’t normally care about this kind of thing but having spent the last 30 or so years working in that area. I like it. It’s got a depth because of that, to me.

AAAD3D79-3985-401B-A353-966CA5C0EBA7 (resized).jpegAAAD3D79-3985-401B-A353-966CA5C0EBA7 (resized).jpeg

#2018 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I really enjoyed selling the oc on Netflix.
I don’t normally care about this kind of thing but having spent the last 30 or so years working in that area. I like it. It’s got a depth because of that, to me.
[quoted image]

The prices of real estate in this area is absolutely sick.

#2026 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Just now watching the Live Tribute Concert (from Wembley London) for Taylor Hawkins from Foo Fighters
on Paramount+
brings tears to my eyes
RIP Taylor Hawkins
here is the entire concert on Youtube, 5 hrs of real rock n roll
Lots of surprize guests

Video is private. I could not get a video or sound full on the event yet. I figure a good one will come up in the next few days.

#2038 1 year ago

Alone (most recent season) on Netflix is fun if you like survival type shows.

If you like talent shows Like I do, A G T.

They are streamlining the way they do things, mass eliminations versus weekly drips. Ten finalists compete at this point and 8 go home. Fun stuff.

Elimination dancing…
It was the b side to I want candy, still stuck in my mind.

1 week later
#2118 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Logan’s Run Jenny Agutter and Farrah Fawcett in see thru futuristic clothes mmmmmm

My fiancée says that is why I loved it a kid.

93C46123-2E14-4BB1-A3DD-911FA676271F (resized).jpeg93C46123-2E14-4BB1-A3DD-911FA676271F (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2132 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I just finished it, usually I figure if something is that massively popular it probably won't be great, because well most people have bad taste. And I only knew the general premise of what it was about which seemed somewhat weird but not necessarily that interesting. So it was never on my radar all that time since it came out. Finally, I watched the first episode to check it out, and after that finished I was like, OK, wow that was pretty slick (and bonus - sick). Then I watched the rest, and as you said, I was entertained. Man that just went all over the place, I enjoyed it.
This is the kind of stuff that can come out when the vision of one (slightly crazy) guy is allowed to come to life unfettered by the usual politics and censorship. I hope they can carry that same vibe through the second season.
Squid Game is on Netflix.

Squid games is must watch in my book. Many reasons.

#2149 1 year ago

Watching the new lord of the rings. I am enjoying it, but primarily because the set designs and effects are so nice.

If you enjoyed the rings in the past this is for you. I did.

There is some good acting in here, but sometimes it feels strange (acting and perhaps casting). I’ll watch the whole thing, it cost them over 500 million to make it.

35EBE1DF-1093-44F4-95EE-318E42B7049D (resized).jpeg35EBE1DF-1093-44F4-95EE-318E42B7049D (resized).jpeg

#2150 1 year ago

Dare I say the hobbit could use a single movie remake. But I digress…

#2165 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Well it's almost October, what are the horror fans excited about?
The Midnight Club on Netflix looks promising. I might also go for a rewatch of Flanagan's series from last year, Midnight Mass. So good. The Haunting of Hill House is also fantastic, but I don't think Bly Manor will ever find itself on my rewatch list.

I just watched scanners from Cronenberg to begin the season. New scanners are coming on h b o.

https://deadline.com/2022/09/scanners-hbo-series-1235123991/

#2197 1 year ago

I just watched Rings of power, there is five hundred million dollars right there. I look forward to the next 500; I mean season two. (Don’t know the cost of season two, making an assumption)

I recommend it for fans of middle earth. For Those fans (like myself) it’s a must.

Next is season three of twin peaks and then warrior perhaps both.

#2203 1 year ago

The arm!
I’m watching twin peaks season three and fully enjoying it.

The arm looks like the blob on a stick in the blob to me…

D9C6462C-2041-4405-92EB-2BD358A454C5 (resized).jpegD9C6462C-2041-4405-92EB-2BD358A454C5 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2219 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

They say there will be five seasons, so as a fan of the LOTR universe I will continue to watch and hope it develops and gets better as it goes.

I felt the final episode was far better than any of the others. It pulled up my attitude of the entire series thus far. We shall see but I’m watching!

#2224 1 year ago

I am finally watching season three of twin peaks. It is a great time for this, being Halloween.

If you are a fan of twin peaks I would highly recommend it. It requires a knowledge of seasons one and two as well as the movie fire walk with me, though.

I met both Laura Palmer and her father at son of monsterpalooza, Last Friday.
70351EB0-EAFB-4CB3-A1B9-8AC0109C5AC7 (resized).jpeg70351EB0-EAFB-4CB3-A1B9-8AC0109C5AC7 (resized).jpeg

42C33066-EF4F-438C-AD77-C1E13A4CC45B (resized).jpeg42C33066-EF4F-438C-AD77-C1E13A4CC45B (resized).jpeg
#2233 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

starting to binge "locke and key" on netflix, already on season 2. The trailer really doesn't do it justice. Imagine a house filled with magical keys, but those keys come with a price

I am also watching. I read a portion of the comic series it is based on.

2 weeks later
#2273 1 year ago

I watched the cabinet of curiosities episode 3 on Netflix. The autopsy. Highly recommended.
I will watch all the rest. I had already read the story by Michael shea.
He is a favorite here and there.

03A5D5F8-3302-41DC-AD37-35C7CE22B3CD (resized).jpeg03A5D5F8-3302-41DC-AD37-35C7CE22B3CD (resized).jpeg

353446BC-A6FF-4621-B21D-F65701F121D5 (resized).jpeg353446BC-A6FF-4621-B21D-F65701F121D5 (resized).jpeg

#2274 1 year ago

Polyphemus would be an insane one to tackle on film.

1AAF5887-6822-4A77-AA07-B597CBFED9E4 (resized).jpeg1AAF5887-6822-4A77-AA07-B597CBFED9E4 (resized).jpeg
#2285 1 year ago

I like the cabinet. Fully. It Sits comfortably right next to the sandman. I am catching up with walking dead. About two years old.

The actors are smiling a lot when they are not supposed to. In the walking dead. It makes it very hard to take seriously at all. I will try to catch up all the way.

Let’s see if I can get a screen shot of that.

1 week later
#2301 1 year ago

C6B1792E-2673-418E-8CDB-F864111D6003 (resized).jpegC6B1792E-2673-418E-8CDB-F864111D6003 (resized).jpeg
Watched the whole thing over a couple days. Very good. Imo.

2 weeks later
#2365 1 year ago

I started 1899 a few weeks ago and put it down until last night. Going to watch the whole thing now.

1 week later
#2389 1 year ago

I really thought rings of power hit its stride in the final episode. I look forward to the next season, and hope the season does not follow a “the final episode was amazing” trend.

Dragon is next. Then back to catch up on madelorian.

“Fire cannot kill a dragon”

3 weeks later
#2420 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:this was filmed in my city, these guys bought so much stuff from one of my locations , such a pleasant group when they were in Calgary filming. i think this get released on Crave this weekend.

I will watch this for this reason. It’s a good reason to me.

1 week later
#2438 1 year ago

You had me at hunters season two.

1 week later
#2446 1 year ago

Hunters season two. It’s got good moments. For sure.

#2451 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

It has a pretty definitive end. The last season is WILD.

Big fan of the left overs. I thought season two was not that great, but man they wrapped it up excellently for me in season three. I highly recommend the whole series.

3 weeks later
#2466 1 year ago

Mr robot. Season four in progress.

#2477 1 year ago

Finishing the final season of Mr robot. It’s unique for sure.

8C70A278-A94D-4E71-8E2D-A1117E9F087C (resized).jpeg8C70A278-A94D-4E71-8E2D-A1117E9F087C (resized).jpeg
#2507 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

When you watch the first episode, pay close attention to some of the music during the episode and see if you recognize some of the music.
I'll give you one hint: Soundgarden.

Nightmares were created here. If you have not seen the original westworld, I highly suggest it.

1 month later
#2579 1 year ago

Murder mountain on Netflix.

IMG_1526 (resized).jpegIMG_1526 (resized).jpeg
#2580 1 year ago

If you enjoy documentaries or the weed. I enjoy both.

1 week later
#2593 1 year ago

I am watching the documentary about flint Michigan on netflix. It’s chilling to say the least.

#2596 1 year ago

Skinwalker ranch new season.
Before the 90.
Murder mountain Netflix.

2 weeks later
#2654 11 months ago

Naked and afraid last man standing. Finally the fun can truly begin.

3 weeks later
#2710 10 months ago

About to restart the wick series, only ever seen 1 and two.

#2727 10 months ago

Creating new old memories with this device today.

70 bucks and it plays and includes all games through ps1.

#2728 10 months ago

Toys I no longer have.

IMG_1316 (resized).jpegIMG_1316 (resized).jpegIMG_1606 (resized).jpegIMG_1606 (resized).jpeg
#2733 10 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This looks like a cool little system, but you definitely posted this in the wrong thread.

Yup

2 weeks later
#2772 10 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Started the show "Silo" this weekend. i'm 6 ep's deep and I like it a lot!
Post apocalyptical, civilization living underground in 150 story "silo"

This reminds me of a book called filaria. Not exactly but sounds like some of the creators read filaria to me.

IMG_1631 (resized).jpegIMG_1631 (resized).jpeg
#2799 9 months ago

I have begun ep 1. I am excited.

IMG_1634 (resized).jpegIMG_1634 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2846 9 months ago

“There’s an anomaly on the ranch” said Travis…

1 month later
#3043 8 months ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I think they've got budget constraints or it would be a lot better. It is my favorite of the new crop of ST series and most reminds me of the original. The Lower Decks episode was good. They should have stopped singing about halfway through the musical. It was just too much for me. I'm not liking the Gorn stuff so far. Boring CGI enemies with no back story, or not much of one...

On a side note I had several conversations with the guy who played the gorn. Fun stuff.

1 month later
#3117 6 months ago
Quoted from HobbyGuy:

Just finished Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities. Creepy stuff just in time for Halloween. Showing my age, but the intros remind me of Rod Serling's Night Gallery way back when.

Also reminiscent of Alfred Hitchcock intros. Great show. The autopsy is by a great author. I had read that 20 years ago. He is sadly passed away. Michael Shea RIP.
Under the beardmore.

#3118 6 months ago

You can easily find the autopsy but you already know that one. Quite faithful to the original.

#3136 6 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Just watched the first episode of "Gen V" on Amazon Prime. Same creators as "The Boys" and the show is set in the same world as The Boys. I really liked it. If you like The Boys then you'll probably like this one too.

I’m in.

1 month later
#3239 4 months ago

I was confused at the squid games challenge. I kept waiting for someone to die which is not going to happen. It’s a reality show not a sequel to squid games, that comes in 2024.

As for the reality show I can watch it and understand it, it’s just a show. But that is a real cash prize.

#3247 4 months ago

I began watching peripheral and its is good.

IMG_2143 (resized).jpegIMG_2143 (resized).jpeg
#3283 4 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Start with the 2005 Reboot.
It explains everything you need to know in the first 4 or 5 episodes, without talking down to a new audience.[quoted image]

Absolute best reboot series ever made.
2nd award goes to battle star galactica.
Dr who rocks. Would love to see a newer pin someday.
IMG_1880 (resized).jpegIMG_1880 (resized).jpeg

#3284 4 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Absolute best reboot series ever made.
2nd award goes to battle star galactica.
Dr who rocks. Would love to see a newer pin someday.
[quoted image]

Battlestar was good too.

IMG_1881 (resized).jpegIMG_1881 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#3356 3 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

New 3 Body Problem (Netflix) trailer dropped today. I’m very excited for this, having read the first two books and currently reading the third in the series. Really, really cool conceptual sci-fi. Hoping the show does the books justice. Keep your eyes on this.

I just read all three books. I am really excited to watch this. Going to be today.

This trilogy affected me. I agree, keep your eyes on this.
(I got all excited I thought the actual show had dropped. Soon!)

#3364 3 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Anybody else psyched about Tru Detective season 4 with Jody Foster?
Starts tonight on HBO at 8

Finally making me crack and subscribe to HBO. looks to be good fun!

#3383 3 months ago

True detective season one cannot get a bad word. With good reason.

IMG_1934 (resized).pngIMG_1934 (resized).png
#3384 3 months ago

I think it’s time to watch it again!

1 week later
#3486 84 days ago

I have spent so much time on Twisted Metal with my kids, I must watch.

#3487 84 days ago

I am watching O A on Netflix. Very interesting, we are on the second season now. My fiancée is enjoying it, too.

1 month later
#3648 27 days ago

Last night I started 3 body problem and also have read the trilogy.

Quite interesting, this is must watch imo.

3 weeks later
#3739 6 days ago

I am very much enjoying fallout. I did not play the game but I fully appreciate the whole thing.
My fiancée said “is this a joke.”
She is not a born gamer like me. So it makes sense, it is not her thing.
To me / pretty dang fun.

IMG_1903 (resized).jpegIMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
#3760 5 days ago

Did not play the game either. Fully got the show, Loved it. Now perhaps a game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azmodeus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch?tu=azmodeus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.