• 3,830 posts
  • 437 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by jrockne
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#141 7 years ago

I don't even see how it's possible that this thread is on page three and nobody has mentioned Buffy yet. In my opinion, it's the best show in the history of television. Another show that I love which also hasn't been mentioned yet is Veronica Mars. These are two shows that absolutely everyone should see, period. They are shining examples of TV at its finest.

I agree with others who recommended The Wire and The Shield. These are both phenomenal shows that make for great binge watching.

I'm surprised there haven't been more comedies mentioned. Malcolm in the Middle is one of my all-time favorites. If you only know Bryan Cranston from Breaking Bad, you will be amazed by how versatile of an actor he is. Some of my other favorite comedies include:

Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Larry Sanders Show
The IT Crowd
Arrested Development
Parks and Recreation
Eastbound & Down
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Louie
Party Down (created by the same guy as Veronica Mars)
30 Rock
Better Off Ted
Community

As far as more modern dramas, I have to echo all the recommendations for Westworld. I found it to be one of the most compelling and well done shows in a long time. Some other recent shows I really enjoy include:

The Americans
The Crown
Fargo
Ray Donovan
Humans
Nikita
The Expanse
Shameless
Stranger Things
Legion

Lastly, if you haven't seen it, you absolutely have to watch a show from 2006 called Day Break starring Taye Diggs. Most people have never even heard of it, but its so amazingly good and perfect for binge watching. It only lasted one season, but it has a complete story arc with a satisfying conclusion. There has never been a single person I recommended this show to that didn't love it.

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

have only watched episode 1 of Shameless. I thought it was so-so.
I watched 1-2 episodes of Ray Donavan. So-so
I think I have a problem since I watch hundreds of movies, that I believe you need to get hooked in the first 30-40 minutes of something,. I mean if I'm watching a movie and I make it 40 minutes in, I can bail knowing that I won't like it or just watch the end its only another 40 minutes. But with a TV series it could be a 70 hour commitment. With a TV series I guess maybe you need to watch many episodes before making a decision.

Absolutely. It's often very difficult to judge a TV show from just the first couple of episodes. It's not like a movie where they only have a couple hours to develop the story/characters. Modern day television shows are deliberately paced because they have a lot of time to work with. A perfect example of this would be Avatar: The Last Airbender. If you only watched the first few episodes, you might think the show is rather silly and childish. After watching the entire first season, you start to realize how deep and clever it is. Once you've watched the entire series, it's undoubtedly one of the most brilliant things you've ever seen.

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm watching Twin Peaks, it's pretty good so far.

The first season was phenomenal! The second season was a letdown, but I still enjoyed it.

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from JNX:

Billions is OK. It took me a long time to stop thinking of Damian Lewis as Cpt Winters from Band of Brothers.

Lewis is a great actor. He was in a show I really liked called "Life".

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I've been seeing some promos for a Bernie Madoff docudrama. Deniro is playing Madoff, and he looks to do a great job. HBO starting next Sunday.

Wasn't there one where Richard Dryfuss played Madoff?

#215 7 years ago

My wife and I absolutely love the British comedy Catastrophe on Amazon Prime. Really funny stuff, and it's only six episodes per season, so it's easy to binge. Season three starts in a week.

I'd also highly recommend Episodes with Matt LeBlanc.

5 months later
#224 6 years ago

I recently started watching a sci-fi show called "Extinct". The show was created by Orson Scott Card, the same guy who wrote "Ender's Game". Despite being relatively low budget and only available on the BYU Television network, it's actually a pretty good show. It definitely has an SG-1 kind of feel to it. If you have a Roku or other capable device, you can download the BYUtv app and stream it for free.

#251 6 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

The Orville is pretty good.

Yep. It's basically ST:TNG "lite".

I'm actually enjoying the new Star Trek show a lot, but the only (legal) way to view it in the U.S. is via a subscription to CBS All Access.

4 months later
#259 6 years ago

I've been binging Bojack Horseman lately. Great show!

#261 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m almost done ‘Justified’ which I love.
Season 1 was just ok but the rest is great.

If you liked Walton Goggins in Justified, you gotta watch Vice Principals. Completely different character, but another excellent performance!

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Unfortunately, the second season was the end of the series. I wish they would have done more.

Danny McBride and Jody Hill knew before they started that they wanted it to be "short and sweet". Two seasons allowed them to tell exactly the story they wanted to without overstaying their welcome ...

http://variety.com/2016/scene/vpage/danny-mcbride-vice-principals-premiere-hbo-two-seasons-1201810443/

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

his character on sons of anarchy was hysterical!!

I've never seen a single episode of SoA. For some reason, it just never appealed to me, but I'd be willing to give it a shot just for Walton Goggins. Was he in a lot of episodes? One show that he was in that is definitely worth watching is The Shield.

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you have never seen Breaking Bad though I recommend that show over any show on tv.

I've seen the entire thing twice.

#286 6 years ago

Future Man on Hulu is another fun show that I'd highly recommend! It's an adult sci-fi comedy.

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Best ever: The Leftovers. HBO

Agreed. My wife and I adored this series form start to finish.

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

This series, is indeed phenomenally good. My favorite character is without a doubt this girl.

I can't deny I had a mad crush on her by the end of the show ...

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

She's great in the third season of Fargo as well.

Indeed she was. I loved all three seasons of that show!

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

the only show I care about right now is Twin Peaks: The Return

I f***ing loved it! It was definitely the strangest show that has ever been on TV, but is was just so awesome in so many ways. As such a huge fan of the original show (well, the first season at least), it was so nice to return to that world after such a long hiatus. Lynch was in absolute top form, as were all the actors.

#321 6 years ago

I finally tried some of that Szechuan sauce yesterday. Definitely not worth the wait.

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from IntralotTech:

Ash vs. evil dead tv series on starz

Love it! Just watched the first episode of the new season last night.

1 week later
#330 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Side note: watched Twin Peaks Fire Walk with Me.

It’s out there, a prequel to the original series so not much of Agent Cooper.

But sad they replaced Lara Flynn with another actress.

The movie is not great but has some great moments and very disturbing.

I agree that the movie isn't great, but it's essential viewing before starting season 3.

1 month later
#356 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m just starting Bates Motel (one episode so far) looks good.

My wife and I just finished binge watching the whole thing. It's truly a great show that I'm surprised more people don't talk about. If you've never seen Psycho, or haven't seen it in a while, I highly recommend watching it first. There are a lot of great references/homages to it in the show.

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I like seeing people from Lost as supporting roles in other shows like was a few in Justified, saw the actor who played Richard in Lost is in Bates. See they have show runner in common Lost and Bates Motel.

If you haven't already seen it, you should check out Colony, another Carlton Cuse show with a star from Lost. Season 3 starts in a couple weeks.

#363 6 years ago

I'm about halfway through the first season of Altered Carbon. It's pretty cool, and a lot higher budget than I was expecting.

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

If anyone likes offbeat sci-fi with great action, humor, and Jim Henson creations, check out the wonderful Australian show Farscape. One of my favorites when it was on.

Very fun show with some great sets, costumes and makeup.

#385 6 years ago

Love on Netflix is a really good show. I'm about halfway through season three. I also highly recommend Red Oaks on Amazon.

2 months later
#391 5 years ago
Quoted from JeremyON:

Babylon 5 is now available on Amazon Prime for binge watching. It's the best sci-fi show ever made in my opinion. It was the first show to ever attempt a story arc over 5 seasons, the first show to make extensive use of CGI (season one was actually rendered on Commodore Amigas for you classic computer buffs), and it has Bruce Boxleitner (from Tron). It may not be new (1993-1998), but for a very large portion of the population it will be new to you. The first episode doesn't leave a great impression, but keep watching because it just gets better and better with every episode as the characters and the story get deeper and deeper. It's kind of like discovering a pinball machine with a deep ruleset except you don't have to be a great player to see a great story, you just have to sit back and watch while the thrills come right to your eyes.

B5 is awesome! The first season can be kind of painful to get through, but even in some of those earlier episodes seeds are planted that pay off in later seasons.

1 month later
#399 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just begun to watch Colony. So far I’d say it’s meh.

I’ve watched 4 episodes and trying to decide if I want to continue or cut it off.

Anyone have any advice?

I liked Colony, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone at this point. The show recently got cancelled, and nothing was wrapped up at all, so you're really left hanging at the end.

#401 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks, as you may know other shows have got canceled that are still worth watching Freaks and Geeks, Star Trek, Twin Peaks as an example.

So was it just meh all the way and not worth the time? I can rewatch Lost or BB again.

You bring up a valid point. There are a lot of shows that got cancelled prematurely that I would highly recommend watching such as Firefly, Journeyman, The Grinder, etc ... The problem with Colony is that it is a big commitment to watch all three seasons, only to be left feeling very unsatisfied at the end. If it was a phenomenal show, I'd still recommend watching it, but the fact of the matter is that it was just good, not great. There are so many other shows that are much more deserving of your time.

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend Day Break with Taye Diggs. This is a show that should be at the top of everyone's binge list.

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Best show I started to watch this year for me is "Cobra Kai" on You tube premium!!!

Kobra Kai was great. I just finished another YouTube premium show called Impulse. It was created by Doug Liman and is a return to the Jumper universe. It was pretty good.

#411 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Now carbanarro effect on the other hand.. not only is the magic good, but I can't believe some of these people are fooled.

The Carbonaro Effect is entertaining, but so much of it is clearly fake. He does some stuff that is simply impossible without camera and editing tricks. I'm also very skeptical when it comes to the people he "dupes". I'm sure some of them are in on it.

2 months later
#447 5 years ago

I just finished season 3 of The Expanse. It's one of those rare shows that started out great and has gotten even better with each new season. It's easily the best sci-fi show on TV since Battlestar Galactica.

#453 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I like Ozark some but it just seems too far fetched. Like it’s taking this from Breaking Bad and that from Sopranos this from Fargo but just isn’t as believable or realistic.

Season two was even more ridiculous than the first. I enjoyed both seasons, but it's definitely not a show that holds up under close scrutiny.

2 months later
#481 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Anyone mention The Leftovers? HBO series...

One of my favorite shows of all time. Absolutely brilliant!

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

This one makes me laugh my ass off

Future Man is awesome! The Wolf character is so f***ing funny!

#500 5 years ago

I started watching The Americans, but we stopped near the beginning of S2. Worth picking back up?

Totally! It was an awesome show from start to finish!

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

The actor who play little finger in game of thrones is a lead character.

Aidan Gillen is a great actor. He also played Mayor Carcetti in The Wire.

1 week later
#521 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

“Dark” on Netflix is incredible. Very atmospheric and mind bending. It is in German but it is Netflix’ highest rated non-English series. Very, very freaky. Great multithreaded story lines. Watch it in German if possible as the English voice overs are terrible. Can’t wait for season 2. Kind of in the style of The OA - another great Netflix series.

I just started watching "Dark" on Netflix last night. Excellent show! I was hooked by the first episode. And I agree, the English dub is pretty bad. Subtitles are kind of annoying, but they are definitely the way to go with this show. After a few minutes, your mind gets used to them and you start to feel as though you can actually understand the people speaking German.

2 weeks later
#532 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I also started watching The Umbrella Academy last night with the wifey. Only a couple episodes in, we like it a lot!!

I watched the first episode last night. I'm really diffing it so far. I was particularly impressed by the teenage actor. He is excellent.

#545 5 years ago
Quoted from WMSpin:

Not sure these 2 were covered - Counterpart (STARZ) and Crashing (HBO) - Enjoyed both!!

Sadly, Counterpart was cancelled.

2 weeks later
#556 5 years ago

I just finished The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix and I thought it was excellent. The sixth episode is one of the best things I've ever seen on TV.

1 week later
#567 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

season 3 coming soon

I couldn't get past the first episode of this show. Does it get any better?

#571 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yes, it's a fantastic show. If you are worried about the vomit, there isn't much more of that, though there is some gore throughout. If you don't like the chemistry between Barrymore and Oliphant, well then the show isn't for you. I, for one, love it.

I have no problem with gore, and I actually really like Oliphant. I just think Barrymore is a painfully bad actress.

#574 5 years ago

There's a new anthology series on Netflix called Love, Death and Robots. Some of the shorts are better than others, but there is some really cool animation.

2 months later
#606 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Not sure why; but I've been enjoying Travelers on Netflix.

Travelers was a really good show. I was bummed when it got cancelled.

3 weeks later
#622 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Anybody watch "Dark" on Netflix. That show is incredible. I binge watched the first season yesterday.

Quoted from MikeS:

Dark is awesome! Finished season 2 last weekend and it is just as good as the first season. Can't wait for the third and final season next Summer!

Yep. Dark is easily one of the best shows on TV. I just noticed the other day that season 2 is now out. I've been debating starting it, but I think I may have to go back and re-watch the first season because it was so complicated and I watched it over a year ago.

#630 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Final Space on TBS / Adult Swim.
Funny, but sometimes really dark. You defiantly have to watch the episodes in order.

I really enjoyed this one. The entire first season is available to stream for free on Amazon Prime.

#642 4 years ago

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I just want to reiterate that Fargo is a phenomenal show! There are three seasons so far. All three are awesome, and I believe they are making one more.

#648 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have all these pins at home but honestly only play like 60-90 minutes a week. Just love playing but not for game after game.

I probably watch as much YouTube as I play pinball and TV/movies/sports probably 5-10x as much as pinball.

Amen, brother! I love pinball, but if I was forced to choose, I'd give up pinball in a heartbeat over TV.

4 months later
#662 4 years ago

I just finished binge watching Lodge 49. It's a really good show. Too bad it was cancelled after two seasons.

1 month later
#672 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I thought watchmen was great.

Does one need to have read the graphic novel to fully appreciate the show? I've read it, but my wife hasn't.

#678 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Will watching the Watchman movie be helpful?

I recall the movie being a relatively faithful adaptation. I haven't seen it since the theater, but I've heard the "Director's Cut" is the way to go. There is also a very well done "motion comic" ...

Watchmen Motion Comic (resized).jpgWatchmen Motion Comic (resized).jpg
1 week later
#713 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

His Dark Materials is dreadfully bad. Worst HBO show ever? Definitely in the running with the Leftovers and John From Cincinnati for that title.

We clearly have very different tastes. I thoroughly enjoyed His Dark Materials, and I think The Leftovers is one of the best shows in the history of TV.

#732 4 years ago

Alright, I've never seen Doctor Who. The idea of picking up the entire series is daunting.. Where should I start? How committed do I need to be to the entire series to make it worth it?

Start with the first episode of the 2005 reboot. Once you get into it, you will want to keep binging them. It's a really fun and addictive show.

#738 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Randomly started binging The Good Place on Netflix. Super weird... but in a good way. Feels like a cross between Beetlejuice and Groundhog Day right now.

The Good Place is a great show. It's also nice that the seasons are short so you can cruise through them quickly. The second half of the final season is currently airing.

2 months later
#755 4 years ago

"Sex Education" on Netflix is a great show with two full seasons to watch. I also highly recommend "You", another Netflix show.

1 month later
#775 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

DEVS. Nick Offerman makes up for the lead female's trancelike acting and the show's intriguing but ultimately nonsensical premise. This one came out just recently.

DEVS had huge potential, but I was left feeling very unsatisfied by the ending. I wanted to like it so bad. The plot was very compelling, and the art direction and music were both amazing. I agree with you about Offerman. He was great. I also agree with you about the lead actress. She was absolutely terrible!

2 weeks later
#792 3 years ago

I highly recommend the German show "Dark" on Netflix. There are two seasons, and season 3 comes out next month.

2 months later
#819 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I finished season 1 of Dark and am about to start season 2. Good show, but I feel like I need a chart to keep up.

It's definitely tough to keep track of which character is which. I've seen the first season twice, and I still get confused sometimes.

1 month later
#864 3 years ago

I just watched the Netflix documentary "The Social Dilemma" last night, and it scared the crap out of me. Anybody who hasn't already seen it should definitely check it out. It was a real eye opener, and I now better understand why so many people these days have viewpoints that seem to completely diverge from reality. It turns out that, because of social media, these people actually are living in a different reality. The algorithms used by the big tech companies virtually guarantee it. Truly frightening stuff!

1 week later
#889 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Watched the first four episodes of Schitt's Creek over the last couple days. Really, really funny show.

And it's one of those rare shows that just keeps getting better with each season.

4 weeks later
#912 3 years ago

We watched the first three episodes of The Vow on HBO yesterday. It's an in depth look into the NXIVM cult. I found the documentary to be compelling and very well made, but it does move a bit slow. I can't fathom how they have enough material for another six hours.

1 month later
#957 3 years ago

I just started watching What We Do in the Shadows. I've never seen the movie, but the show is hilarious!

#967 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I recently finished Season 1 of For All Mankind on Apple TV+. Thought it was good. If you like astronaut/space/Apollo 13 type shows you'll probably like it.

I really want to watch this, but I heard The Right Stuff kind of sucks, which is a bummer because I love the movie.

1 week later
#976 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Anyone watching the steamy Netflix hit Bridgerton?

My wife and I just watched the first episode last night. It was pretty good, and I'm looking forward to watching more.

#978 3 years ago
Quoted from Oscope:

Travelers - SciFi time travelers with a very unique premise

I love Travelers and was super bummed when it got cancelled.

2 weeks later
#1013 3 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

Though it's not a new show, I'm enjoying Southland on HBO+.

I'm glad you mentioned this. Southland is a show that I've wanted to watch for years but it had completely slipped my mind.

#1020 3 years ago

I started watching a Japanese show on Netflix called Alice in Borderland. I'm really enjoying it so far. It feels like a cross between the Twilight Zone, Battle Royale and Saw.

#1029 3 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

2 episodes into Succession, like it a lot so far.

Great show!!!

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Is it on Netflix?

I think it's only on HBO Max. If you don't subscribe, you could start a free trial, binge both seasons, and then cancel.

3 weeks later
#1064 3 years ago

My wife and I just binged all four seasons of Better Things in less than a week. Excellent show!

3 weeks later
#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I started to watch Bridgerton and turned it off ten minutes into the first episode.

Ten minutes? You didn't even get to the porn yet!

#1089 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Watched episode 8 of Wanda Vision with Scarlet Witch, still not feeling? Could it be that I can't get the Olsen twin out of my head from when she was a little girl on Full House or something?

That wasn't Elizabeth. You're confusing her with her older twin sisters Mary-Kate and Ashley.

#1093 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

We started Banshee yesterday. Badass show so far. Reminds me of Animal Kingdom character Baz, lol!

Banshee is a fun show. Some of those fight sequences are insane!

7 months later
#1217 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Also, half way through Midnight Mass on Netflix from the maker of Haunting of Hill House. Really cool show so far. It is a slow burn, but it builds in intensity. So far, I’m hooked.

I'll have to check that out. I LOVED Haunting of Hill House!

#1225 2 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Squid Games is one of the best I have ever seen. Loved it.

If you loved Squid Game, then you should definitely check out a Japanese show that came out last year called Alice in Borderland. It has some similarities to Squid Game, but I actually liked it more.

#1231 2 years ago

I personally don't like watching anything that is live action dubbed. Yeah, it sucks having to read everything, but your brain gets used to it, and after a while you don't even realize that you aren't listening to them in English.

1 month later
#1258 2 years ago

I just binged both seasons of "See" on Apple TV+. It's a ridiculous premise, but I found it to be highly entertaining nevertheless.

1 month later
#1297 2 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

I don't remember who recommended Future Man but I owe that person a thank you. I really enjoyed it!!!

Great show, especially the first season!

1 week later
#1318 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Have you watched all three seasons of the leftovers h b o . 3 and done but, wow. I’m going to rewatch.

One of the best show ever made!

#1323 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

One of the worst shows ever made. Just incredibly stupid and boring.

Man, I couldn't disagree more. I thought the whole thing was incredibly compelling from start to finish.

#1324 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I was not fond of season two but one and three hit well with me.

I really liked season 2. In fact, I thought each season was better than the last.

#1350 2 years ago

The Righteous Gemstones is pretty funny. If you've seen anything else with Danny McBride, you'll know what to expect.

I thought Vice Principals was hilarious!

#1358 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Up to season 6 anyway.

I agree that Season 7 was pretty weak, but I thought Season 8 was actually solid.

1 week later
#1385 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Vice Principals basically what would happen if Kenny Powers became a principal. It took a season to get rolling but def worth watching. Nothing wrong with that.

The thing that surprised me the most about Vice Principals was just how funny of a comedic actor Walton Goggins is. Prior to this show, I had only seen him in The Shield and Justified, which were both serious dramas. The man is an amazingly versatile actor.

1 month later
#1501 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Lucky for me, I never watched The Shield. Just started season three and it is so fun to watch. It is my TV show that I watch or play in the background while I work. Always nice to find a new show that has a lot of seasons to go.

Such a great show! I haven't seen it since it first aired, and yet there are some scenes that I still remember vividly because they are so shocking. There is one scene in particular with Aceveda that still gives me nightmares.

#1522 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Watching final season, Wife and I really enjoy this show

Better Things is one of the most underrated shows on TV. I was worried that the show might lose a step after Louis CK got fired, but I think it actually got better.

2 weeks later
#1551 2 years ago

I watched the season finale of Severance last night. Simply brilliant! It was honestly one of the best individual episodes of TV I've ever seen.

2 weeks later
#1577 1 year ago

Started "1883" series last night - the prequel to Yellowstone. It seems to be very well done.

I really need to give Yellowstone a try. I assume it must be really good since it is one of the most popular shows on TV.

2 weeks later
#1625 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

One of my wife's favorite shows, mainly cause they are not afraid to show full frontal male nudity

She will LOVE Euphoria!

#1634 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And I really didn’t care for the whole grandpa/custody storyline which was just taking up space and felt contrived (plus more mediocre acting from grandpa).

You don't like the dude from The Waltons?

2 weeks later
#1664 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Enjoying Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. Everything I watch is very "Big Story Arc", and while ST:SNW has some arc playing out, it feels more episodic like the good old days.

They really struck gold with the guy they cast to play Captain Pike. He's a great actor, and I think he's perfect in the role.

#1665 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Also in the second episode keep an eye out for the bally paragon at the roller rink.

And there was a Xenon right next to it.

#1683 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Finished Shoresy. More A++ Canadian tv; obviously a spin-off of single Letterkenny character but I appreciates how they allowed it to stand on its own and didn't litter it with cheap cameos.

Where can you stream Shoresy? I love Letterkenny!

#1698 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

I am currently enjoying " Lincoln Lawyer" on Netflix. It has that " one more episode" to it without the gratuitous sex that many have these days...at least not yet ! I'm currently on season 1 episode 5 or 6.

Damn. I was all excited to watch this until you mentioned that it doesn't have any gratuitous sex.

#1701 1 year ago
Quoted from Slackmoe:

Altered Carbon on Netflix you will NOT be disappointed.
Andrew

I really enjoyed the first season but I heard the second season isn't nearly as good. Should I watch it?

#1730 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Oof. I don’t know what it is, but I just can’t stand Elizabeth Moss.

I didn't care for her in Mad Men, but I think she is phenomenal in Handmaid's Tale.

2 weeks later
#1767 1 year ago

I stumbled upon this show purely by accident, but I'm really enjoying Arcane: League of Legends. It's an animated Netflix show based on the video game. Most shows based on games suck, but this one has really interesting characters, solid writing, and some very cool animation.

1 week later
#1794 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Stranger things…. The season was awesome! Then they dropped the last two. Just terrible. Really no point. Where the hell are you going with this? I get it now let’s just put some shit out there and chimps will eat up!

I really enjoyed the final two episodes of the season.

2 months later
#2110 1 year ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Best supporting cast, The Expanse.

I thought David Strathairn was fantastic as Ashford! The girl who played Drummer was great as well. I LOVE the Belter dialect and accent!

2 weeks later
#2182 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I'm trying to slog through the final season of TWD just because I somehow made it this far, even though I couldn't begin to explain the current storyline to save my life, and feel nothing of the emotional investment that I did earlier in the series. It all seems so repetitive at this point.

Maybe I just feel obligated as I have a TWD Premium which I love. Good thing I have TiVo, I have never felt so underwhelmed by a final season coming out and have no idea when I might be compelled to watch it.

This sums up my thoughts exactly. TWD was my favorite show for years. It's the reason that I bought my TWDLE sight unseen. But these days the show has become a real chore to watch. I'll finish it just because I feel in some weird way that I'm obligated to, but I don't really enjoy it anymore. There was a point where I felt that Fear TWD had actually become better than the original, but that show has devolved into crap as well. The most recent storyline with the nukes is beyond stupid! I haven't even bothered watching the most recent spinoff with the teenagers.

#2202 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Next is season three of twin peaks ...

I thought the third season of Twin Peaks was phenomenal! It's honestly one of the best things I've ever seen on television.

3 months later
#2439 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I have not played the game, but tomb raider, prince of persia, doom have all failed. Halo season 1 was mildly interesting.

If you want to watch a REALLY good show based on a video game, I highly recommend "Arcane: League of Legends".

1 week later
#2448 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I wondered into The Leftovers on HBO and watched the first episode and now I want to dump Witcher!

The Leftovers is one of my favorite shows of all time, and it's also one of those rare shows that gets better with each season.

#2453 1 year ago

Did that show have a planned ending or was it canceled?

The writers knew that it was their last season and they were able to end it on their own terms. It is definitely a very satisfying conclusion.

#2458 1 year ago

Season 3 of the Future Man was an absolute abortion, what a waste of a great start to a series.
IN MY OPINION

Yeah, season 3 was a huge disappointment. I LOVED season 1, and I even liked season 2 a lot, but season 3 was kind of a train wreck.

3 weeks later
#2478 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Finishing the final season of Mr robot. It’s unique for sure.

I loved the first season, but I couldn't make it through the second season. Perhaps I should give it another chance.

#2514 1 year ago

I just got back Disney+ with my new Verizon plan, so I'm looking forward to catching up on the Star Wars and MCU shows. I've only seen WandVision and the first season of Mando. I'm particularly excited about Loki, Hawkeye, She-Hulk and Andor.

3 weeks later
#2563 1 year ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I love when shows do unexpected things like that.

Well it won't be unexpected for me after reading that spoiler.

3 weeks later
#2592 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Just finished a re-watch of BoJack Horseman. Animated black-comedy/drama on Netflix. Anthropomorphic, self-loathing horse attempts to make a comeback in Hollywood but instead leaves a wake of destruction with friends, coworkers, family and pretty much everyone else he meets. Deftly handles some very mature themes like mental illness, alcoholism, drug addiction, suicide etc. As an added bonus it has a fantastic soundtrack.
Six seasons, 25 min episodes makes for easy watching but you gotta pay better attention than I did on first watch to really appreciate it.
Originally I graded this show as 'pretty good' but upon 2nd viewing I'm changing my grade to 'elite'

I love Bojack! The whole show is really well done, but there are a few episodes that are truly brilliant. I also think it has one of the best title sequences in the history of television.

1 month later
#2675 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just found “Vice Principals” on HBO. Danny McBride can be kind of hit or miss for me (as a performer - look up the stuff he’s written, he’s a fantastic writer) - anyway he’s playing his usual fake-macho vaguely racist guy but this show is funny AF (pretty dark humor sometimes, but nowhere NEAR where Barry goes) and it knows the joke is on him. Season 2 is 99% even more hilarious than season 1

I LOVE this show! It's McBride's best, IMHO. Him and Goggins have such great chemistry.

#2695 11 months ago

I'm really enjoying From. It's got a Twilight Zone/Lost vibe, and it's super creepy and very well done. The show is midway through its second season.

#2700 11 months ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Just watched Jury Duty on Amazon/Freevee.
8 30 minute episodes. James Marsden plays a dbag version of himself.
It's a comedy documentary about a civil trial but everything is fake and everyone involved is an actor except for one juror. It's really funny and amazing how they pulled it off.

Sounds fun. I love shows where everyone is in on it except one unsuspecting person. The Joe Schmo Show was a great example of this.

#2730 10 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Creating new old memories with this device today.
70 bucks and it plays and includes all games through ps1.

This looks like a cool little system, but you definitely posted this in the wrong thread.

1 week later
#2767 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I also like the show Fear, which is actually written by the people from Lost....

I think you mean "From".

#2786 10 months ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Anyone have any good British show recommendations?

Check out Humans and Utopia.

#2805 10 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I signed a fucking petition to get this done!!

Nice! The only time I ever signed a petition to save a show was for Firefly.

#2820 10 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Even my wife is excited to watch. I was surprised she was interested in the show but I’ll take it! I looked last night to see if they had “coming soon” and/or a trailer but nothing :/

The first three episodes are up on Max.

#2834 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

This is a pinball forum not a show forum. Thank you

It looks like you are relatively new to the site. Welcome to Pinside!

This thread resides in a sub-forum called "The Lounge" This is an area of the site that is dedicated specifically for non-pinball conversations. By default, you will see threads from this sub-forum appear on your main forum feed, but if you have no desire to partake in one or more of these off-topic sections, you can easily hide them by unchecking the appropriate boxes on the left side of the main forum page:

The Lounge (resized).jpgThe Lounge (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2919 9 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Hard to believe anyone could recommend White Lotus. I've seen it pushed on Max and finally gave it a try. This is up there with the worst shows I have ever seen. Characters, plot, dialog and acting are all ghastly ... Last of Us is also dreadful.

Man, you are definitely in the minority on those two shows, especially The Last of Us, which is at 96% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

1 week later
#2979 8 months ago
Quoted from mtn-:

I've been thinking alot about "Malcolm in the middle" lately, because I have really good memories of it.
Was abit nervous about watching it again, because its been 18 (or so?) years. But it's fantastic! So fucking funny

One of the all time best sitcoms, in my opinion. Just totally brilliant from start to finish.

2 weeks later
#2998 8 months ago
Quoted from rai:

On the other hand loving ‘peacemaker’ on Max.

Peacemaker is awesome! You gotta love that opening sequence!

#3023 8 months ago
Quoted from Oscope:

Just read that Peripheral S2 has been cancelled due to the strike and Amazon decided to kill the series
Personally I thought it was an interesting premise but no sense in others wasting time on a single season dead end

I thought the concept was really cool, but overall I found the plot to be a bit confusing.

#3037 8 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

Star trek strange new worlds season 2 was excellent. The best star trek series in awhile. Definitely better than Picard IMO.

I really enjoyed Strange New Worlds. It's better than Discovery, and WAY better than Picard. I forced myself to finish season 2 of Picard. That was over six months ago, and I still haven't been able to bring myself to start season 3.

Quoted from Mrbill:

Really? The musical episode was jump the shark time.

I thought the musical episode was great. It was a fun change of pace, and a couple of the actors turned out to be excellent singers.

#3044 8 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

On a side note I had several conversations with the guy who played the gorn. Fun stuff.

You mean the guy in the gorn suit in TOS? That's cool. He must be getting up there in age.

#3054 8 months ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Started to watch this and liking it so far, sure enough it’s South Korean.

South Korea has really become a TV powerhouse over the last few years!

4 weeks later
#3095 7 months ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

A guy at work said it was good. I haven’t seen John wick 4. I’m assuming that won’t matter.

I need to watch John Wick 4 as well, bit I believe The Continental is a prequel.

1 month later
#3206 5 months ago

Yeah, that was some scary shit. I also recall someone lacing some bottles of Visine with hydrochloric acid right around that same time.

2 weeks later
#3230 5 months ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Used to love that show.. until last season, horrible. Hope it's back on track.

That last season with Chris Rock didn't even feel like the same show.

1 week later
#3258 4 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Doctor Who is on point. The new Tennant episodes have been fun

I used to watch the show religoiusly, but I got bored midway through the Capaldi episodes and stopped. Tennant is my favorite of the new Doctors, so that's a great incentive to catch back up.

#3264 4 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just start in the 1960s and work your way forward.

Only like 850 episodes to binge. No big deal!

1 month later
#3318 3 months ago

My wife and I tried the new Jon Cryer show Extended Family the other night. We couldn't even make it through the pilot. Didn't even laugh once.

#3326 3 months ago

I just saw that American Born Chinese was cancelled after only one season. I hadn't watched the first season yet, but now I don't know if I should even bother. Was it any good?

#3340 3 months ago

I just started watching a show from a few years ago called Evil on Paramount+. I'm about halfway through the first season, and so far I'm very impressed.

https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/evil/

1 week later
#3373 3 months ago

We just finished all three seasons of Mr. Mercedes. I thought it was really good. My wife liked it as well, but she felt that the books were much better.

#3378 3 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And that's what she gets for reading!

Lol ... She's a librarian, so it's pretty much a job requirement.

1 week later
#3409 3 months ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

You need to try a third time. The wire is one of the best tv series ever written. Great show with some unforgettable characters...."Omar is coming"

R.I.P. Michael K. Williams

#3413 3 months ago
Quoted from GoodManners:

Give "WE Own This City" a watch. Shorter cop drama.

I haven't seen this one yet, but I've heard good things about it. This is also David Simon, right?

#3419 3 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm ready for umbrella academy season 4 to be released

One of my favorite shows. Loved all three seasons!

#3431 3 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

I would recommend Bad Sisters, I think its a BBC production and the wife will like it too.

Sharon Horgan is brilliant! If you haven't already seen it, I also highly recommend Catastrophe.

#3468 89 days ago

Please let's not take this thread in a political direction. Thanks!

#3469 89 days ago

Getting back on topic, my wife and I recently started watching a reality show called The Traitors. We're really enjoying it so far. You have 20 people living in a mansion in Scotland. Three of them are selected to be the traitors, but nobody else knows who they are. Each episode, two people are eliminated. The players get to vote someone off, and the traitors get to secretly "murder" someone (banish them from the game). The goal is to get rid of all the traitors before they get rid of you. If they can figure out who all of the traitors are before the end of the game, the remaining players split the prize money. If the traitors are victorious, they get the prize money.

3 weeks later
#3518 64 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I gut roped into The Affair a Showtime series now on Prime.

It's not on Prime. I just checked.

#3523 63 days ago

Yep, it's there now. I think what happened was that I had my VPN on yesterday when I checked. Thanks for the heads-up! I'm definitely going to watch this show.

#3534 62 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You is fantastic, and...almost unbelievable due to circumstances. All the seasons are good. Kind of hoping for another.

You is definitely coming back. It was officially renewed for a fifth and final season:

https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/you-season-5-renewal-final-season

1 week later
#3557 54 days ago

I've been binging the animated series Harley Quinn. Fun show!

1 month later
#3713 14 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Started watching Fall of the House of Usher on Netflix. Through three episodes and liking it.

It was pretty good, although I thought The Haunting of Hill House was a lot better.

1 week later
#3792 5 days ago

Just started Evil - enjoyed the first 2 episodes and the premise of the show
[quoted image]

Evil is a great show! It features some great acting, and some truly creepy stuff. The fourth and final season premieres Thursday, May 23.

#3797 5 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Alan Ritchson makes me want to hit the gym.

While he may not be nearly as talented of an actor, Ritchson definitely embodies the character way better than Cruise. Anyone who has read the books knows that Reacher is an absolute beast! His size and strength are core attributes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.