pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
FARGO-Season-5-preview (resized).jpg
jer1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1934 (resized).png
2jk8jp7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1881 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 74.
#451 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Just started Bates Motel this week, excellent show. Almost done with Season 1 already

My 2nd favorite show behind Breaking Bad

#452 5 years ago

Bates started great but kind of declined a bit. IMO. Dare I say ‘Lost’ some of of it’s magic as it drags to the conclusion.

#453 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I like Ozark some but it just seems too far fetched. Like it’s taking this from Breaking Bad and that from Sopranos this from Fargo but just isn’t as believable or realistic.

Season two was even more ridiculous than the first. I enjoyed both seasons, but it's definitely not a show that holds up under close scrutiny.

#454 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Season two was even more ridiculous than the first. I enjoyed both seasons, but it's definitely not a show that holds up under close scrutiny.

In real Mafia/Cartel world Marty would be dead by now, Ruth and family dead like episode 1.5.

FBI agent shoots up a bar and is undercover lover would not last long.

This is on the ‘Fargo’ spectrum of believability.

That’s why I liked Sopranos so much with real possibilities of jail or getting wacked.

#455 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just finished season 3 of The Expanse. It's one of those rare shows that started out great and has gotten even better with each new season. It's easily the best sci-fi show on TV since Battlestar Galactica.

Agreed. A top shelf show.

#456 5 years ago

I watched some of the first season of Mr. In Between and found it quite entertaining.
8-28-MrInBetween (resized).jpg8-28-MrInBetween (resized).jpg

#457 5 years ago

Maniac on Netflix was a good watch. Jonah Hill and Emma Stone in a bit of a mind bender. I really enjoyed the flashback dream episodes.

#458 5 years ago

I'm a big fan of Kidding.

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

I'm a big fan of Kidding.

Seconded. Carrey is a really solid actor, and hes perfect for the role. It's a really interesting show.

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Been enjoying 9-1-1 on fox (follows firefighters, police, and the 9-1-1 operators). Last season they had a fireball in the firehouse, this season they have a gottlieb rescue 911 rethemed as "first responder"
[quoted image]

You should have posted that here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background

#461 5 years ago

Mindhunter.

#462 5 years ago

can't wait for season 2

#464 5 years ago

Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime is really good.

#465 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That’s why I liked Sopranos so much with real possibilities of jail or getting wacked.

Holy crap the second season of sopranos is some classic stuff to me. The boat scene.

There are few things like season two of the sopranos. The sister. The series was at its best, all of a sudden.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#466 5 years ago

If you haven't seen the game of thrones there must be a reason.

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My 2nd favorite show behind Breaking Bad

Great show! I think some of the plot falls a little flat later in the series but the acting is fantastic and is a great watch from start to finish

#468 5 years ago

Just finished Daredevil Season 3. It was pretty good but for a superhero, he gets the shit kicked outta him an awful lot.

1 month later
#469 5 years ago

Just watched black mirror:bandersnatch, first interactive Netflix film. Pretty weird like the series, but definitely something new and different. Is this the future of tv, don’t know but recommend watching especially if you liked black mirror. And if you haven’t seen black mirror, recommend that too except skip episode 1 of the first season (leave it last, otherwise chances are you’ll stop there, it’s quite disturbing to say the least)

#470 5 years ago

I have been watching “the last kingdom” on Netflix. It’s pretty good. Dont know if new episodes are coming or not but I binge watched season 1 and am slowly watching season 2. Lol.

#471 5 years ago

It’s getting very crowded with new shows Disney and Apple are supposed to be joining the streaming market. I’ve noticed that shows like Ozark and Goliath are ok but really I just watched because of Billy Bob for Goliath and because I liked Breaking Bad so I watched Ozark. But overall the shows may end up being diluted if there are now hundreds of new shows on.

#472 5 years ago

Just would like to repeat what some have said about Mr. Robot... If you love Breaking Bad, Dexter and the like this is a fantastic show. Hooked from the first episode, so dark with characters that are so unique.

I was stunned once I started watching it that it has not been more popular...nearly done with season 3 and season 4 next year will be the final.

Mind bending intense anti-hero fun and if you like computers/hacking it's a bonus though you don't need to be a nerd to love it.

#473 5 years ago

I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to watching TV series so I try to be more selective as far as production quality. I've enjoyed The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, House of Cards (Seasons 1-4), Boardwalk Empire, Downton Abbey, The Crown, and Band of Brothers among others. CBS's Survivor has been my one network junk addiction, but my excuse is that I watch it as part of a group.

I'm currently digging The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Great writing, acting, and a wonderful retro 50's NYC setting. Won 8 Emmys after its first season.

Maisel_S1_Title._CB475430233_ (resized).jpgMaisel_S1_Title._CB475430233_ (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#474 5 years ago

I am fully enjoying the third season of true detective.

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I am fully enjoying the third season of true detective.

I started to watch 2nd season but couldn’t got into that one.

I’m re-watching Breaking Bad now, something I do with Sopranos every few years will re-watch. I find (much like reading books) it’s often more rewarding to re-read a book you know you love than take a chance on something you are not sure of.

Movies I’m not that selective about because it’s just 2 hours not like a TV series or a book.

#476 5 years ago

I read today in the NYT that 2018 saw 495 original scripted programs up from 288 in 2012. Attributed in part to demand from Netflix and Hulu. Talk about dilution.

I am currently enjoying Vikings on Amazon.

#477 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

I read today in the NYT that 2018 saw 495 original scripted programs up from 288 in 2012. Attributed in part to demand from Netflix and Hulu. Talk about dilution.
I am currently enjoying Vikings on Amazon.

I was thinking the same thing. With each show having dozens of people involved in front of behind the scenes. It’s probably easier than ever to get a job in TV.

Just to show how bad TV can get. Norm MacDonald had a talk show. I figure how bad can it be? I watched a bit it was Norm talking to David Spade almost like Norm would say “tell the story about this and such” and David goes “I don’t remember that how did it go?” And Norm would promt David about the story.

Talk about a low bar of entry for a TV show. I’ve seen better production on some podcasts.

#478 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Black Mirror Season 4 Episode 1 was by far the best episode

Not a star trek fan (though I do like orville). The one thing I did find interesting about this episode is how each of the virtual clones thought they were the original humans and were shocked when they entered the game. Not that far from Multiplicity "No I'm the original, I'm not a clone"

I think I liked San Junipero the most as far as theme (reliving your younger self in a virtual world, living potentially forever in a server). As far as storyline I think I liked white christmas the most just because it's such a mind blower.

#479 5 years ago

The Expanse, Seasons 1-3 are worth checking out. Amazon has it now for season 4.

#480 5 years ago

Anyone mention The Leftovers? HBO series...

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Anyone mention The Leftovers? HBO series...

One of my favorite shows of all time. Absolutely brilliant!

#482 5 years ago

This one makes me laugh my ass off

future-man-poster (resized).jpgfuture-man-poster (resized).jpg

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was thinking the same thing. With each show having dozens of people involved in front of behind the scenes. It’s probably easier than ever to get a job in TV.
Just to show how bad TV can get. Norm MacDonald had a talk show. I figure how bad can it be? I watched a bit it was Norm talking to David Spade almost like Norm would say “tell the story about this and such” and David goes “I don’t remember that how did it go?” And Norm would promt David about the story.
Talk about a low bar of entry for a TV show. I’ve seen better production on some podcasts.

I thought it was hilarious, but I'm a big norm fan. Even his closest friends dont know whether hes doing a bit or an actual show. I hope you watched that episode to the end at least.

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I thought it was hilarious, but I'm a big norm fan. Even his closest friends dont know whether hes doing a bit or an actual show. I hope you watched that episode to the end at least.

No, maybe should.

I lost interest when they were going to commercial and Spade said we don’t have commercials it’s Netflix bla bla.

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Future Man is awesome! The Wolf character is so f***ing funny!

#486 5 years ago

Don’t know if has been mentioned yet, but AMC ran a miniseries called The Little Drummer Girl, which I’m part of the way through, and is really good. 3 2-hour episodes. Maybe watch on Demand or the AMC app? Came out in mid November.
True Detective Season 3 is shaping up a lot like season 1, which was amazing.

FD9BD4C8-59A8-4922-BE00-31FBD89C6DA2 (resized).pngFD9BD4C8-59A8-4922-BE00-31FBD89C6DA2 (resized).png
#487 5 years ago

So is anyone else here watching "Project Blue Book"?

#488 5 years ago

Wife and I watched the first episode of "Deadly Class" on SyFy this weekend -- kind of an 80's antisuperhero vibe. I liked it, don't think she did so much. I hope to keep watching.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#489 5 years ago

I enjoyed these enough to watch all episodes:

Magic for Humans
Derek
Stranger Things
Everything Sucks!
Godless
Schitt's Creek

I agree that some episodes of Ozark are much better than others.

I like Shameless too but there are definitely parts that just bored me to skipping entire episodes after seeing the same things rehashed 10 times over and over again.

Watched Madmen and thought it sucked.
Watched the Following and thought it sucked.

#490 5 years ago

Bosch on Amazon prime sucked me in more than any series has in a lot of years. Highly recommend!

#491 5 years ago

If you are a sick and twisted individual try "Happy" on Netflix

#492 5 years ago

Just watched the first episode of "Sex Education" on Netflix. It is excellent. I look forward to watching the rest of the series.

#493 5 years ago

Currently re-watching The Sopranos...what a great show! I cannot believe it's been 20 years since the premier.
Have watched Mad Men no less than 9 x so far. It cannot be surpassed in quality & writing.
Breaking Bad is epic and plan to re-watch over the winter.
The Americans is pretty good....just getting good now (S:2)

#494 5 years ago

I love Breaking Bad don’t get me wrong.

But there are just a few things that are just too far fetched / coincidental that just probably could not happen.

*Breaking Bad and Sopranos SPOILERS below*

For example he meets air traffic controller dad who is distraught because daughters death causing an airplane to fall on his house. Not to mention all the red herring of the bomb/crash scene that lead up to ... nothing.

For example he sees that little kid on the news got killed so he drives his car to the exact location at the exact time to intercede and save Jessie.

There are other such coincidences that I’m sure were planned to make the story seem far fetched and unbelievable but they are too much over the top in some degree.

Sopranos has the same similar thing such as the hot water heater that floods the basement but in that instance it’s a coincidence but at least it’s plausable not like a freaking airplane falling out of the sky.

#495 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

[quoted image]

HA, just stumbled upon this an hour ago, just starting up, I like it so far!!

#496 5 years ago

I've watched both, and Sopranos is superior to breaking bad in every way. I think Sopranos is the best show ever.

The Wire is a really good watch that holds up if you haven't seen it yet.

I'm currently watching Escape at Dannemora. Sort of a slow burn, but good overall (so far).

Sharp Objects was really good. Highly recommended. I also love the limited series format, you dont have yo worry about it dragging out.

I started watching The Americans, but we stopped near the beginning of S2. Worth picking back up?

I think I just hate the arc of the modern TV drama.. big open, lots of nothing, build up to a finale, repeat.

#497 5 years ago

I started watching The Americans, but we stopped near the beginning of S2. Worth picking back up?

Yes, absolutely.

#498 5 years ago

Preacher!!!
Currently my fav, can’t wait for it to return

#499 5 years ago

Also, I just finished up with Get Shorty season 1 and it’s pretty damn good. If you liked the movie you’ll like the show.

#500 5 years ago

Totally! It was an awesome show from start to finish!

There are 3,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.