IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 171.
#8401 70 days ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

With the washer magnet fix am I just pushing the magnet core closer to the playfield or do the washers need to be big enough to overlap that and also push the magnet outer ring thing with the wires attached closer too?
Currently my washers just push the core closer and it works fantastically for about 20-30 mins then starts to fade, it still grabs the ball but just grabs and drops, it doesn't shake it around anymore. Anything else I can try?

The suggested washer is pushing the coil closer to the playfield, has no other magnetic properties. In fact, on mine, I simply cut a black rubber ring in half to make a thinner rubber ring, and used that instead of a metal washer. Looks more 'factory' as well and works great. (Also make sure the playfield is clean directly above the magnet and some say adding wax in that area works even better)

#8402 69 days ago

I think it’s amazing!!! One off or will you
Sell ??

Quoted from CYUniversal:

Hi everyone, Thoughts on the topper I made?
I will really appreciate your feedback!
[quoted image][quoted image]

#8403 69 days ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

I think it’s amazing!!! One off or will you
Sell ??

I make them to sell, my friend.

#8404 68 days ago

I was going through and adjusting some settings, mostly back to factory settings, and I changed one that I guess I didn't want to change.

Normally, after starting a multiball, you can still lock balls in groots mouth to get the 2x scoring. I've somehow turned that off, and made it a virtual lock. Any idea what setting controls that? I'd like to change it back.

#8405 68 days ago

Went to work on a gotg pro and groots mouth would not close all the way. It just chattered. Moving my finger/hand it felt like a tooth inside the gear mech was missing/broke. I assume this isn't the first motor someone has had to replace with similar chattering issue?

#8406 64 days ago

Just putting a feeler out here... I just sold my Guardians pro
The guy who bought it was not interested in most of the mods, so I removed them.
Let me know if anyone is interested in buying all of it for a reasonable price. Best offer I guess, otherwise I'll make individual ads for everything separately. I took pics of everything while it was still on the machine so message me if you want pics.
It's about $1,000 worth of mods, everything is about a year old, like new condition, and working.
Here's the list of all the mods;

Guardians mirrored side blades with decals (Pingraffix).
Guardians silhouette illuminated topper (Mezel Mods).
Shaker motor, brand new (Pinball life).
Baby Groot shooter rod (Super Skillshot).

Green slings plastic protectors (Mezel Mods).
Orange in lanes plastics protectors (Mezel Mods).
Orange Rocket kickback plastic protector (Mezel Mods).
Red right orbit plastic protector (Mezel Mods).
Red, green, orange pop bumpers plastic protectors (Mezel Mods).

Guardians ramp illumination kit Blue (Mezel Mods).
Ronan’s Hammer mod, illuminated (Mezel Mods).
Illuminated scoop mode sign (Pinsider mod).

Ravager dome light cover x2 (Mezel Mods).
Groot Vines dome light cover (Mezel Mods).
Starlord dome light cover (Mod Father).
Infinity stone for orb (Mezel Mods).

#8407 64 days ago

Anybody out there have any luck with Cleland 1.11 code for GOTG?

I just installed insider connect and when I install the 1.11 Cleveland code it gets to initializing screen and then reboots initializes reboots, rinse repeat.

When I put in the 1.13 stock code it works just fine.

#8408 63 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

I just installed insider connect and when I install the 1.11 Cleveland code it gets to initializing screen and then reboots initializes reboots, rinse repeat.

Not trying to rain on anyones parade, but I gave up on the custom code long ago. It was wonderful, but I'm an Insider Connected junkie and lost my modded code to add insider. Since then, with the Stern updates, it seems no one has an alternative code available that works. YET. I'd love to go back to Cleland code, but if Stern keeps releasing updates every so often, it's a losing battle.

#8409 63 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Not trying to rain on anyones parade, but I gave up on the custom code long ago. It was wonderful, but I'm an Insider Connected junkie and lost my modded code to add insider. Since then, with the Stern updates, it seems no one has an alternative code available that works. YET. I'd love to go back to Cleland code, but if Stern keeps releasing updates every so often, it's a losing battle.

mine is Insider connected with PoMC's code. I just switched off automatic code update

#8410 62 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

mine worked just fine. followed the steps, flashed it using the etcher or whatever it was called and just worked.

#8411 62 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Quoted from Sirgubster9:

mine worked just fine. followed the steps, flashed it using the etcher or whatever it was called and just worked.

Mine also works fine. I'm using Cleland 1.11 v1 for Pro. SuperMas77 which version are you using and did you try flashing again to a new card?

#8412 62 days ago

Same. 1.11 Cleland. Works like a charm.

#8413 62 days ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Mine also works fine. I'm using Cleland 1.11 v1 for Pro. SuperMas77 which version are you using and did you try flashing again to a new card?

I flashed Cleland 1.11 premium/le version 2 using a Mac and etcher. Tried a second card and same thing happens.

#8414 62 days ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

What version are you running?

#8415 62 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm with you on the IC junkie part, but it's a tough pill to swallow once you go previous Cleland, at least for me. The stock call outs are so bad it reminds me of why I sold my AIQ. That one was just awful. Cleland code on GOTG is so dang good it makes the game to another level.

Maybe it's just the 1.11 premium/le V.2 that has an issue?? I think he'll eventually get around to updating to 1.13 so I may just go stock code until that happens and try again.

#8416 62 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

I had the same problem, I tried to reach Cleland to find a solution but no luck. I don't even know how to downgrade the Stern Code so I could at least play the 1.11 Cleland Code properly, because now it just reboots.

#8417 61 days ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

I had the same problem, I tried to reach Cleland to find a solution but no luck. I don't even know how to downgrade the Stern Code so I could at least play the 1.11 Cleland Code properly, because now it just reboots.

What version did you try? Pro or Premium? V1 or V2?

#8418 61 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

I flashed Cleland 1.11 premium/le version 2 using a Mac and etcher. Tried a second card and same thing happens.

Don't use a Mac. It does something to the file. I had a similar problem. Use a Windows PC.

#8419 61 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Don't use a Mac. It does something to the file. I had a similar problem. Use a Windows PC.

Well crap, I only have Macs and Chromebooks. I was assuming it might be Mac related so thank you for the confirmation. Time to borrow some sugar and a PC from the neighbors.

#8420 61 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

What version did you try? Pro or Premium? V1 or V2?

I have an LE and I tried both options and neither of them worked. Once you turned it on starts to reboots every single time. It’s a shame you can not play if with the Cleland code and use Insider at the same time.

#8421 60 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Just putting a feeler out here... I just sold my Guardians pro
The guy who bought it was not interested in most of the mods, so I removed them.
Let me know if anyone is interested in buying all of it for a reasonable price. Best offer I guess, otherwise I'll make individual ads for everything separately. I took pics of everything while it was still on the machine so message me if you want pics.
It's about $1,000 worth of mods, everything is about a year old, like new condition, and working.
Here's the list of all the mods;
Guardians mirrored side blades with decals (Pingraffix).
Guardians silhouette illuminated topper (Mezel Mods).
Shaker motor, brand new (Pinball life).
Baby Groot shooter rod (Super Skillshot).
Green slings plastic protectors (Mezel Mods).
Orange in lanes plastics protectors (Mezel Mods).
Orange Rocket kickback plastic protector (Mezel Mods).
Red right orbit plastic protector (Mezel Mods).
Red, green, orange pop bumpers plastic protectors (Mezel Mods).
Guardians ramp illumination kit Blue (Mezel Mods).
Ronan’s Hammer mod, illuminated (Mezel Mods).
Illuminated scoop mode sign (Pinsider mod).
Ravager dome light cover x2 (Mezel Mods).
Groot Vines dome light cover (Mezel Mods).
Starlord dome light cover (Mod Father).
Infinity stone for orb (Mezel Mods).

In case anyone is interested, I just made an ad for all the mods.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/173134

#8422 60 days ago

I have an LE and I tried both options and neither of them worked. Once you turned it on starts to reboots every single time. It’s a shame you can not play if with the Cleland code and use Insider at the same time.

Curious, did you burn the cards using a Mac or PC?

#8423 60 days ago

Uh. You can. I'm doing it.

#8424 60 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Uh. You can. I'm doing it.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this matter but can you explain me how can you do it without having the machine rebooting? Does your machine runs on 1.13 stern code? Thanks for your time and help

#8425 60 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Curious, did you burn the cards using a Mac or PC?

With a MAC using etcher, you?

#8426 59 days ago

With a MAC using etcher, you?

Same, I used a Mac and etcher. Didn't work for me on Cleland GOTG code, but did work on his Stranger Things code. Looks like there is some type of bug for GOTG code being burned with a Mac vs. PC.

Do you have access to a PC to try it that way and report back?

#8427 59 days ago

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this matter but can you explain me how can you do it without having the machine rebooting? Does your machine runs on 1.13 stern code? Thanks for your time and help

Just to clarify, Cleland 1.11 is based on Stern 1.11. When you swap SDCARDS, you swap everything... when you remove the card, the machine is no longer running anything. It's blank. In addition, many folks are running Cleland 1.11 flawlessly, so in your case you are having SDCARD writing issues, the code is fine. Try to see if you can write the card on a PC with Win32imager. Start with a fresh, never been used, name brand Class-10 16GB card from a name brand that you purchase from a reputable source. Then try burning it again on a PC this time.

#8428 59 days ago

I have had instances in the past where I used Etcher on a Mac and Etcher ended up modifying the file. The last time I remember this happening with a 1.96GB rom file. I would use a 2.0GB SD card, but the write would fail on Etcher because it was doing something behind the scenes that resulted in the final file size being 2.01GB.

I move to Windows and everything was fine. Why? I don't know. I just know it didn't work.

#8429 53 days ago

Groots mouth no longer works?
Test fail.

Any ideas?
Thanks

#8430 53 days ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Test fail.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Bad motor perhaps? It's not uncommon unfortunately.

#8431 53 days ago

They sell replacements on pinball life
https://www.pinballlife.com/511-7926-00

#8432 53 days ago

It's a new machine Stern should replace.

I'll start a inquiry

#8433 53 days ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Test fail.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Run the diagnostics to see if any movement, and also put a meter on the two pins on the motor to see if you get 24v dc on the pins to confirm the driver is working. It's a standard DCM-1018 motor, but there may be something else going on before you swap it.

#8434 50 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Just to clarify, Cleland 1.11 is based on Stern 1.11. When you swap SDCARDS, you swap everything... when you remove the card, the machine is no longer running anything. It's blank. In addition, many folks are running Cleland 1.11 flawlessly, so in your case you are having SDCARD writing issues, the code is fine. Try to see if you can write the card on a PC with Win32imager. Start with a fresh, never been used, name brand Class-10 16GB card from a name brand that you purchase from a reputable source. Then try burning it again on a PC this time.

My friend, you were absolutely RIGHT! I went and wrote my 16 Gigas SD Card on a PC using "Win32imager" and worked flawlessly on my Guardians! So that means for every owner who tried like me to write their SD CARDS using Balena etcher on a MAC, at least for Premiums/LE, something must be happening with the program or something else, because the cards after been written they are not allowing the machine to load the game how it should be. So thank you so much my friend @markharris2000! Shout to you for the advice and your help! Finally I got to play it with the cleland code and it's something else and I'm bursting with happiness right now! Thank you so much to everyone who reached out to me through DMs to help me when I coulnd understand what was going on! Thank you again, you were the real guardians of the galaxy here!

#8435 50 days ago

Quick question my friends, I'm looking for this awesome custom Speaker grill which was made by Pinsider UrethraFranklin a while back, if someone is interested in selling me one please DM me! I'm very interested in it!! Thanks!

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-09 a la(s) 4.04.42?p.m. (resized).pngCaptura de pantalla 2024-03-09 a la(s) 4.04.42?p.m. (resized).pngCaptura de pantalla 2024-03-09 a la(s) 4.04.50?p.m. (resized).pngCaptura de pantalla 2024-03-09 a la(s) 4.04.50?p.m. (resized).png
#8436 50 days ago

My friend, you were absolutely RIGHT! I went and wrote my 16 Gigas SD Card on a PC using "Win32imager" and worked flawlessly on my Guardians! So that means for every owner who tried like me to write their SD CARDS using Balena etcher on a MAC, at least for Premiums/LE, something must be happening with the program or something else, because the cards after been written they are not allowing the machine to load the game how it should be. So thank you so much my friend @markharris2000! Shout to you for the advice and your help! Finally I got to play it with the cleland code and it's something else and I'm bursting with happiness right now! Thank you so much to everyone who reached out to me through DMs to help me when I coulnd understand what was going on! Thank you again, you were the real guardians of the galaxy here!

This is great news! I'm having the same issue with Mac and Etcher. Appreciate you posting this follow up.

#8437 47 days ago

Before I make an ad for this I thought I would post here.

I have a set of Groot hands (the official Stern ones) that I never installed into my machine and now I sold my machine. They are brand new and have never been installed or used.

I actually like the way they look but I just never got around to installing them. So I have no use for them now.

Please note, I never bought the hardware that is needed to install them. So you’ll have to buy that separately.

$150 for both plus $15 for shipping.

Message me if interested. I’ll probably make an official ad by this weekend.

Here’s a picture I took of of them sitting in the mchine (when I had it)

IMG_7020 (resized).pngIMG_7020 (resized).png

#8438 44 days ago

Would someone please pm me cleland contact info?

Would like to download code for my new GOTG Pro

Thanks!

#8439 44 days ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Thanks!

Just search him up on Pinside and PM him directly. Here's his Pinside handle:

Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png
#8440 44 days ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Thanks!

I private messaged him last night and I had a response this morning. He's very fast to respond.

#8441 44 days ago

Hi all, I just joined the club. I've read the entire thread and have already learned a lot.

IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpgIMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg

#8442 42 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Hi all, I just joined the club. I've read the entire thread and have already learned a lot.
[quoted image]

It's a really fun title, overshadowed by newer machines, but very fun anyway. Groot is a big part of the challenge. Rocket's return still catches me off-guard every time I hit it- so fast. Well laid out shots, and a good soundtrack out of the box. Mod soundtracks also available, and you can install IC for $200 if you don't already have it installed. Look at adding some plastic protectors around the ORB if they are not there already. Little Shop of Games has replacement mouth cast for $50 if yours is getting worn.

#8443 42 days ago

I still have some mods leftover from the Guardians I sold recently. Message me if interested.

Here’s what I have left;

Guardians mirrored, art blades with decals by Pingraffix.

Star lord dome light cover by Mod father.

Groot vines dome light cover Mezel Mods.

Ravagers symbol dome light cover (x2) Mezel Mods.

Infinity Stone. Mezel Mods

Brand new set of Groot hands (official stern).

Colored plastic protectors;
(All by Mezel Mods)

Left & right slings green plastic protectors , 1 snapped in half (but probably still usable).

Left and right inlane orange plastic protectors.
Rocket Raccoon orange plastic protector.
Right orbit red plastic protector.
Red, green and orange pop bumper plastic protectors.

Added 41 days ago:

Sold some more of these mods.

I still have;

mirror blades
groot hands
colored plastic protectors
colored pops protectors

Added 41 days ago:

and the infinity stone

#8444 42 days ago

I put the latest Cleland V2 on my game last night using a mac with no issue at all. I'm just curious if there is a general preference for V1 vs V2. I'd switch tonight to try V1, but my son would kill me because he posted a huge GC score tonight.

#8445 41 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I put the latest Cleland V2 on my game last night using a mac with no issue at all. I'm just curious if there is a general preference for V1 vs V2. I'd switch tonight to try V1, but my son would kill me because he posted a huge GC score tonight.

Personally for me, V1 is the best.

#8446 41 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Personally for me, V1 is the best.

I'll try it after backing up my son's high score like you suggested.

#8447 41 days ago

Honestly, I don't think I have a preference between v1 and v2.

#8448 41 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I'll try it after backing up my son's high score like you suggested.

Glad that worked for you

#8449 41 days ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Found where it came from, in case someone else has the same issue
[quoted image]

Mine did the same exact thing tonight.

#8450 40 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Mine did the same exact thing tonight.

Since yours is new, it would be a good time to grab the orb protector plastic. That takes a beating. Thankfully pinball life ended up offering a replacement so I bought a spare.

https://www.pinballlife.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-orb-plastic.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/169 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.