IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2887 (resized).jpg
IMG_2101 (resized).jpeg
Captura de pantalla 2023-12-29 a la(s) 7.00.39?p.m. (resized).png
Captura de pantalla 2023-12-29 a la(s) 6.45.27?p.m. (resized).png
Captura de pantalla 2023-12-29 a la(s) 6.45.32?p.m. (resized).png
Captura de pantalla 2023-12-29 a la(s) 6.45.19?p.m. (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 169.
#8251 3 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Esta es una cámara lenta de cómo funciona el mío.

That one works perfectly....I changed the original post because I couldn't get the ball to reach the magnet...

#8252 3 months ago

Lol, my magnet more often than not, just barely does anything and the ball just drops straight down. Sometimes it catches and flings the ball, but rare. Even with regular playfield clean/waxing. I may need to try to get magnet closer to playfield surface

Tim

#8253 3 months ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

Lol, my magnet more often than not, just barely does anything and the ball just drops straight down. Sometimes it catches and flings the ball, but rare. Even with regular playfield clean/waxing. I may need to try to get magnet closer to playfield surface
Tim

You may need to check the post rubber sleeve near the ORB to see if it sends the balls into the center of the magnetic field. The sleeve may need to be replaced if it is not sending the ball to the right place. The magnet under the playfield is not strong enough to grab a ball from a distance, so direction matters. I suspect if you find the center of the coil, and then look at a circle 2.5 to 3 inches in diameter, centered on the coil, that is about as far as you can reliably assure the ball will catch, if travelling at the slower speed coming out of the ORB. So that means checing the Orb post and positioning and where it sends the ball. needs to feed the ball to that 2-inch circle if you want a have a shot at the ball being caught.

Try it by hand with the glass off. Cut a post-it note in a 2.5-inch circle and post it on top of the playfield right above the coil. See how close you need to get the ball to the center of the coil at a reasonable (slower) travel speed. Moving the coil closer to the playfield wood will help a little too, but not that much. The magnetic field drecreases in strength proportionally to the distance squared from the center of the coil. What that means is it gets much weaker the furthar away from coil center the ball travels.

#8254 3 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

You may need to check the post rubber sleeve near the ORB to see if it sends the balls into the center of the magnetic field. The sleeve may need to be replaced if it is not sending the ball to the right place. The magnet under the playfield is not strong enough to grab a ball from a distance, so direction matters. I suspect if you find the center of the coil, and then look at a circle 2.5 to 3 inches in diameter, centered on the coil, that is about as far as you can reliably assure the ball will catch, if travelling at the slower speed coming out of the ORB. So that means checing the Orb post and positioning and where it sends the ball. needs to feed the ball to that 2-inch circle if you want a have a shot at the ball being caught.
Try it by hand with the glass off. Cut a post-it note in a 2.5-inch circle and post it on top of the playfield right above the coil. See how close you need to get the ball to the center of the coil at a reasonable (slower) travel speed. Moving the coil closer to the playfield wood will help a little too, but not that much. The magnetic field drecreases in strength proportionally to the distance squared from the center of the coil. What that means is it gets much weaker the furthar away from coil center the ball travels.

Thanks. I replaced all rubber on the playfield not too long ago. The ball hits over magnet, and it then just sort of fizzles and drops. Again, not always, but a fair bit.

#8255 3 months ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

Thanks. I replaced all rubber on the playfield not too long ago. The ball hits over magnet, and it then just sort of fizzles and drops. Again, not always, but a fair bit.

It may be operating properly. The magnet doesn't really grab the ball and hold it for any length of time, but is meant to change the trajectory in a random fashion, allowing the ball to exit differently each time it is used.

#8256 89 days ago

Alright… how do you get to save Xandar?

According to the rules, I should have been there.

All modes were completed. Sanctuary 2 was my last mode. Completed it and then it said Sanctuary 2. I don’t believe I completed that.

Do you need to complete 1 & 2 of each mode or just 1. I thought 1 that’s why 4 lights cherry bomb.
Both multi balls were completed multiple times but they inserts for the MB’s were flashing. Do I have to get the Super Jackpot on both Multiballs?

Anyone have some insight? Heart was pumping I had a ball left and all I was doing wash shooting around for nothing. Drained going for another Groot multiball.
IMG_1926 (resized).jpegIMG_1926 (resized).jpegIMG_1927 (resized).jpegIMG_1927 (resized).jpeg

#8257 89 days ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Alright… how do you get to save Xandar?
All modes were completed. Sanctuary 2 was my last mode. Completed it and then it said Sanctuary 2. I don’t believe I completed that.
Do you need to complete 1 & 2 of each mode or just 1. I thought 1 that’s why 4 lights cherry bomb.
Both multi balls were completed multiple times but they inserts for the MB’s were flashing. Do I have to get the Super Jackpot on both Multiballs?
Anyone have some insight? Heart was pumping I had a ball left and all I was doing wash shooting around for nothing. Drained going for another Groot multiball.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Don’t need to complete the second part of the mode, just the first, but you do need to collect the super jackpot in each of Groot and Orb multiball. I’ve only gotten that far once, and drained trying to hit Starlord to start Save Xander.

#8258 89 days ago
Quoted from PinPickle:Alright… how do you get to save Xandar?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes you have to collect super jackpots for both so that they are solid and not flashing. I think for groot it’s actually the double super where his mouth is opening and closing. Orb I think it’s just the super. But yeah, all inserts lit solid for save Xandar and all flashing or combination of solid and flashing for immolation. None of the level 2 modes need to be completed for any progress.
Edit someone beat me to it while I was typing.

#8259 89 days ago

Yup. The usual hold up is one of the super jackpots in multiball.

#8260 89 days ago

Ahhh brutal.

Thanks for letting me know.

#8261 89 days ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

Tim

Did you add a washer under the playfield? there is a screw below the magnet to make it " closer " to the playfield I believe. Ill look later exactly where. Also, when my magnet doesn't catch the ball I Novos 1 the playfield and it fixes it immediately.

#8262 89 days ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Did you add a washer under the playfield? there is a screw below the magnet to make it " closer " to the playfield I believe. Ill look later exactly where. Also, when my magnet doesn't catch the ball I Novos 1 the playfield and it fixes it immediately.

I actually just bent the bracket holding the magnet slightly to hold it closer to the playfield rather than adding a washer. Also Novus 1 is basically just windex, so it's cleaning the playfield, but you may still want to add some wax to protect, and make it slip more over that area.

BTW If you look at the Stern promo video, it shows the expected behavior of the magnet. It doesn't exactly hold it still in place, but kinda holds it and wings it around a little as it pulses the magnet before tossing the ball in a random direction.

#8263 89 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I actually just bent the bracket holding the magnet slightly to hold it closer to the playfield rather than adding a washer.
BTW If you look at the Stern promo video, it shows the expected behavior of the magnet. It doesn't exactly "hold" it still in place, but kinda holds it and wings it around a little as it pulses the magnet before tossing the ball in a random direction.

Yeah, the video you put out in slow mo is exactly how mine works. But after a month or so it goes back to just barely doing anything to the ball so I just clean the playfield a bit and it goes back to "normal".

#8264 89 days ago

Hello everyone! I have joined the team today with an LE! Super pumped! I have looking for this machine for so long and finally I got it! Sadly it didn’t came with the topper, so I’m looking for the Stern topper, if you have one perhaps that you would be interested in selling please let me know! Or if by any chance you might know someone who would be interested in selling their or somewhere where you believe I can buy one, please any kind of information will be truly appreciate it. Have a great day!

IMG_6688.gifIMG_6688.gif
#8265 88 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

BTW If you look at the Stern promo video, it shows the expected behavior of the magnet. It doesn't exactly hold it still in place, but kinda holds it and wings it around a little as it pulses the magnet before tossing the ball in a random direction.

Ya, mine doesn't do this. Mine will grab the ball every time and wiggle it around a bit but 99% of the time it reliably cuts out and the ball ends up on the left flipper. I'll be adding a washer to mine to see if there is any change.

If you go to post #1, there is a hotlink there showing a "how to" that explains how to install it.

#8266 87 days ago

Hi everyone, can you help me Pointing in the right direction which mods or adjustments you recommend are “a must have” for someone who just got a Guardians?. Any information or advice will be welcomed. Thanks in advance my friends!

IMG_6782.gifIMG_6782.gif
#8267 87 days ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

Hi everyone, can you help me Pointing in the right direction which mods or adjustments you recommend are “a must have” for someone who just got a Guardians?. Any information or advice will be welcomed. Thanks in advance my friends!
[quoted image]

Personally, I think the only "must have" mod is cleland's mod. Brings the movie soundtracks to the pin.

After that, I think the neon plastic protectors greatly enhance the look of the machine.

Third, I'd do the lighted speaker panels. The rotating disco colors look too good on guardians.

#8268 86 days ago

PoMC's sound mod is awesome, I prefer that. No talking during the modes, just great music!
+speaker upgrade for better music
+yellow neon plastic protectors
+green ramp illumination and groot mouth

#8269 86 days ago

[quoted image]

Use search. This has been asked a lot already

Quoted from thel:

Anyone with recommendations on "must have" mods/protectors for guardians.

Quoted from mbrave77:

What mods are must haves?

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

What are the MUST haves mods, and not looking for junk or a bunch of toys but really good stuff... show us your mods

Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Is there anything I need to do/adjust or any particular must have mods?

#8270 86 days ago
Quoted from red-line:

Personally, I think the only "must have" mod is cleland's mod. Brings the movie soundtracks to the pin.
After that, I think the neon plastic protectors greatly enhance the look of the machine.
Third, I'd do the lighted speaker panels. The rotating disco colors look too good on guardians.

Quoted from Falc0nWing:

PoMC's sound mod is awesome, I prefer that. No talking during the modes, just great music!
+speaker upgrade for better music
+yellow neon plastic protectors
+green ramp illumination and groot mouth

Quoted from bigguybbr:

Use search. This has been asked a lot already

Thanks everyone for your feedback and advice! Much appreciated! Sorry if it was mentioned before. Definitely will check on that! Thanks for your time and help!

#8271 81 days ago

Probably the best game of GOTG I've ever had tonight. I started Save Xander on Ball 2. Unheard of for me. 1 shot left, the Gamora ramp. Toughest shot in the game because of the incline on my pin, but I've been hitting it solid all night. Cradle the ball on the left flipper and launch it a bit early but it hits the ramp makes it up into the curve then reverses direction and starts coming back at me. I grab it with the left flipper only to hit the post between the ramp and the drop target and the ball ricochets into the right outlane. Soooooooooooooo maddening!!! Soooo close!!!
20231213_202556 (resized).jpg20231213_202556 (resized).jpg

#8272 81 days ago

Anybody have a set of the stern armor they would sell? Or trade? I’ll make a pinside donation. Thank you !

#8273 80 days ago

Hello everyone! I know it’s a long shot but I’m looking for 1 thing that perhaps someone could help me pointing me to the right direction where I might find it or maybe someone has one or knows someone who would like to sell me one! A man can dream right? lol

---A Guardians of the Galaxy Stern Topper!

Any information will be much appreciated my friends! Especially because believe it or not, that will be my Christmas present for my wife which is her dream theme and of course favorite Pinball from the collection.

If someone would like to sell me yours for an amount you will feel comfortable and happy with, please DM me! I will truly appreciate it.

Take care and Happy Holidays!

410351343_10168592606355473_4256465731065524378_n (resized).jpg410351343_10168592606355473_4256465731065524378_n (resized).jpg
#8274 80 days ago

GOTG Pro NIB 8 days ago. Groot jaw stuck closed. tech alert on screen "Groot Jaw Lockup". So bummed, first machine I've bought. Ant thoughts?

#8275 80 days ago
Quoted from Rachcj:

GOTG Pro NIB 8 days ago. Groot jaw stuck closed. tech alert on screen "Groot Jaw Lockup". So bummed, first machine I've bought. Ant thoughts?

I would check the limit switches for the jaw. If you just got it though, you might want to reach out to your distributor for help.

1 week later
#8276 72 days ago

Today I was cleaning the ramps and playfield...once the board protector was cleaned I started to hold the magnet well on the ball...as a gentleman mentioned before it was a matter of cleaning....thank you

#8277 71 days ago

Hallelujah! Holy sh*t! Where's the Tylenol?"

IMG_2294 (resized).jpegIMG_2294 (resized).jpeg
#8278 71 days ago

I see that there was another modified code for the songs in the game, otherwise I'm wrong? Where could it be downloaded and what does it contain? I think it's one that didn't have the voices and phrases during the game...just music I think...is it updated with the latest code?

#8279 71 days ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Today I was cleaning the ramps and playfield...once the board protector was cleaned I started to hold the magnet well on the ball...as a gentleman mentioned before it was a matter of cleaning....thank you

It seems crazy, but cleaning the playfield is the solution to magnet problems on this game.

Quoted from PinPickle:

Hallelujah! Holy sh*t! Where's the Tylenol?"[quoted image]

Ha ha ha congrats! Beating this game is an awesome feeling.

Quoted from mannymasy:

I see that there was another modified code for the songs in the game, otherwise I'm wrong? Where could it be downloaded and what does it contain? I think it's one that didn't have the voices and phrases during the game...just music I think...is it updated with the latest code?

There are 2 floating around. One is Cleland's code (you can message him @cleland) and the other is by PoMC (you can message him @pomc). They each change up the music, but in different ways.

#8280 71 days ago

I have Cleland's installed...today I wrote to poMC, I would like to try theirs too...do you know if there is any sample video with the pomc code installed?

#8281 71 days ago

Actually there are 3 codes. Cleland, applejuice and Pomc. Cleland and apple juice have movie clips with proper voices, but thier music is at different times in and out of modes. Pomc doesn't have any voices included in the clips, just the music playing.

At least this is how I remember it

#8282 71 days ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Actually there are 3 codes. Cleland, applejuice and Pomc. Cleland and apple juice have movie clips with proper voices, but thier music is at different times in and out of modes. Pomc doesn't have any voices included in the clips, just the music playing.
At least this is how I remember it

That’s right! I always forget about apple juice. My bad.

#8283 70 days ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Hallelujah! Holy sh*t! Where's the Tylenol?"[quoted image]

Nice

#8284 70 days ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I have Cleland's installed...today I wrote to poMC, I would like to try theirs too...do you know if there is any sample video with the pomc code installed?

I prefer PoMC's, it is just awesome

#8285 70 days ago

After owning this machine for a year I finally scored over 1 billion points! Now to get to save Xander

20231224_114120 (resized).jpg20231224_114120 (resized).jpg
#8286 70 days ago

Still looking for side armor if anyone wants to make some quick Xmas cash.

#8287 68 days ago

Hi everyone! Merry Christmas to all of you! Sorry to bother you on this holiday but I have a quick question that I believe you can help me with. I just joined the Club a few days ago and I've been figuring out everything by reading the thread since the beginning. I decided to add the Cleland Mod to the machine. I bought a 32GB full SD Card and I flashed as everyone recommended with the Cleland code (1.11.0) and placed it in the upper right corner of the cpu and I turned the machine on. It recognized the Mod But as soon as you could see it displayed on the screen "successful", it started to reset again and again and again. It behaves every time the same If I tried to turn it off and on. I recorded a video so you can see it better, you have to download on this link of wetransfer I uploaded ( https://we.tl/t-QfirdUaP5G ). So I don't know what could be happening or I don't know if this happened to someone here or if you have seen this behavior in another pinsider machine before and talked about it? I don't know if it's because my Guardians had the latest code (the most recent 1.13.0) before I inserted the SD CARD with the Clecland code that is 1:11.0? Does that mean anything perhaps to any of you? What do you think my friends?

Any recommendations or ideas are well received.

Thanks once again and have a Happy Holidays!

Nuno

Captura de pantalla 2023-12-26 a la(s) 1.25.04?p.m. (resized).pngCaptura de pantalla 2023-12-26 a la(s) 1.25.04?p.m. (resized).pngCaptura de pantalla 2023-12-26 a la(s) 1.25.08?p.m. (resized).pngCaptura de pantalla 2023-12-26 a la(s) 1.25.08?p.m. (resized).pngCaptura de pantalla 2023-12-26 a la(s) 1.26.23?p.m. (resized).pngCaptura de pantalla 2023-12-26 a la(s) 1.26.23?p.m. (resized).pngCaptura de pantalla 2023-12-26 a la(s) 1.25.28?p.m. (resized).pngCaptura de pantalla 2023-12-26 a la(s) 1.25.28?p.m. (resized).png
#8288 68 days ago

Does anyone have the code 1.11 for the pro version of Cleland? thank you

#8289 68 days ago

Hi everyone! Merry Christmas to all of you! Sorry to bother you on this holiday but I have a quick question that I believe you can help me with. I just joined the Club a few days ago and I've been figuring out everything by reading the thread since the beginning. I decided to add the Cleland Mod to the machine. I bought a 32GB full SD Card and I flashed as everyone recommended with the Cleland code (1.11.0) and placed it in the upper right corner of the cpu and I turned the machine on. It recognized the Mod But as soon as you could see it displayed on the screen "successful", it started to reset again and again and again. It behaves every time the same If I tried to turn it off and on. I recorded a video so you can see it better, you have to download on this link of wetransfer I uploaded ( https://we.tl/t-QfirdUaP5G ). So I don't know what could be happening or I don't know if this happened to someone here or if you have seen this behavior in another pinsider machine before and talked about it? I don't know if it's because my Guardians had the latest code (the most recent 1.13.0) before I inserted the SD CARD with the Clecland code that is 1:11.0? Does that mean anything perhaps to any of you? What do you think my friends?
Nuno[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had problems with big sd cards. Now Im using only 16GB cards and no issues. Not sure, but can be the problem.

#8290 68 days ago

Nuno[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you re-install the 1.13 code is everything okay again?

#8291 68 days ago
Quoted from Falc0nWing:

I had problems with big sd cards. Now Im using only 16GB cards and no issues. Not sure, but can be the problem.

Thank you so much for the advice! I will definitely try that my friend! Thanks! Merry Xmas!

#8292 68 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

If you re-install the 1.13 code is everything okay again?

Yes, If I take out the SD card with the Cleland code and insert the previous SD Card with the normal GOTG game on the latest code 1.13 everything it's fine. Very odd.

#8293 68 days ago

Yes, If I take out the SD card with the Cleland code and insert the previous SD Card with the normal GOTG game on the latest code 1.13 everything it's fine. Very odd.

I am guessing the MOD download file you have is corrupt/broken. Get a fresh download and try reflashing to the card with Win32DiskImager.

#8294 68 days ago

For anyone with a GOTG Pro that has a IC kit installed, Chris Mr_Tantrum has available a decal that can cover the triangular IC connect area. I am testing size and placement later this week and then it will be available for $12 shipped.

GOTG-FINAL-IC-PRO (resized).pngGOTG-FINAL-IC-PRO (resized).png

#8295 68 days ago

For anyone with a GOTG Pro that has a IC kit installed, Chris Mr_Tantrum has available a decal that can cover the triangular IC connect area. I am testing size and placement later this week and then it will be available for $12 shipped.
[quoted image]

Nice! Just ordered IC as a late Xmas gift for me because my wife, er... Santa didn't get it for me.

#8296 68 days ago

[quoted image]

Chris does great work!!!!

#8297 67 days ago

I am guessing the MOD download file you have is corrupt/broken. Get a fresh download and try reflashing to the card with Win32DiskImager.

Thanks my friend for the sugestión. Quick question does the “win32diskimager” could work on a Mac? If it doesn’t which one you will recommend me? Thanks and Merry Xmas!

#8298 67 days ago

In case anyone wants to restore the view in the orb area, (which was obscured by Stern's last-minute added stainless steel protector), PBL has a new clear PETG laser protector that fits right in and protects the plastic in the ORB area. $6

https://www.pinballlife.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-clear-orb-plastic-protector.html?Category_Code=

laser_22 (resized).jpglaser_22 (resized).jpg
#8299 67 days ago

[quoted image]

please let me know, never use the IC and would loveeee this artwork instead!!!! looks sooo cool!

#8300 67 days ago

[quoted image]

Could you post some installed pics? I'm a bit confused by the image of Gamora? Does she have angel wings behind her?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 8,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 169.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.