• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 277.
#13151 8 months ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

But then we’d make fun of your credit dot whenever you posted a picture of your machine.

Worth it!!!

1F0FE7AC-AE28-4D71-A0DB-227148B4A9D8 (resized).jpeg1F0FE7AC-AE28-4D71-A0DB-227148B4A9D8 (resized).jpeg4C4F67BE-64E7-4914-BFA7-26F7AEC41ECC (resized).jpeg4C4F67BE-64E7-4914-BFA7-26F7AEC41ECC (resized).jpeg
#13152 8 months ago
301A3BED-9FDF-43B1-809E-02201927F7CD (resized).jpeg301A3BED-9FDF-43B1-809E-02201927F7CD (resized).jpeg35EC7359-2667-45AA-BE59-3414A1B6640A (resized).jpeg35EC7359-2667-45AA-BE59-3414A1B6640A (resized).jpeg4F7FC9B4-0779-464F-ADCF-10E53A52125B (resized).jpeg4F7FC9B4-0779-464F-ADCF-10E53A52125B (resized).jpeg51E0D3D0-2F9D-4FB7-9BAF-F7080A42763A (resized).jpeg51E0D3D0-2F9D-4FB7-9BAF-F7080A42763A (resized).jpeg569BD216-3708-4663-B706-BDCBBDE80512 (resized).jpeg569BD216-3708-4663-B706-BDCBBDE80512 (resized).jpeg65C4CF20-5019-49C6-A305-9D28913EB40A (resized).jpeg65C4CF20-5019-49C6-A305-9D28913EB40A (resized).jpeg6D3B4D9F-76C7-407E-A68F-034FF69B530A (resized).jpeg6D3B4D9F-76C7-407E-A68F-034FF69B530A (resized).jpegA046E5CF-E64A-48DE-9CD6-7D4D7057DB43 (resized).jpegA046E5CF-E64A-48DE-9CD6-7D4D7057DB43 (resized).jpegD841E2DA-B1D0-44F3-BBC8-9025B8CA2B0D (resized).jpegD841E2DA-B1D0-44F3-BBC8-9025B8CA2B0D (resized).jpeg
#13153 8 months ago

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the up/down ramp to go up just a bit more? Where is the adjustment that I need to make? Thanks in advance!

#13154 8 months ago

Do the right thing and mount it on an angle with a blower lever and on the left side of the game

20221214_122350 (resized).jpg20221214_122350 (resized).jpg
#13155 8 months ago

I’ve been having my Getaway HSII for about 2 months. I notice on other people’s streams of gameplay that their Supercharger randomly gives anywhere from 3 to 8 loops with the first shot. Mine only gives 3 loops…3 million to be exact. Every single time….Is this the norm? Or is there a setting in the menu. Or is it a different ROM than I have in my machine? TIA

#13156 8 months ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I’ve been having my Getaway HSII for about 2 months. I notice on other people’s streams of gameplay that their Supercharger randomly gives anywhere from 3 to 8 loops with the first shot. Mine only gives 3 loops…3 million to be exact. Every single time….Is this the norm? Or is there a setting in the menu. Or is it a different ROM than I have in my machine? TIA

If you play a little longer then shoot up the super charger, it’ll increase the loops.

#13157 8 months ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

If you play a little longer then shoot up the super charger, it’ll increase the loops.

I know when you’re in multiball, the loops increase to light the super jackpot. I’m talking about the very first shot up the supercharger

#13158 8 months ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I know when you’re in multiball, the loops increase to light the super jackpot. I’m talking about the very first shot up the supercharger

Mine is 3 but not the very first shot up the ramp. Need to have supercharger lit. Some of these guys use the older roms. I can't recall if that made a difference.

#13159 8 months ago

The Rom revision dictates how this works as well.

Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

#13160 8 months ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

What ROM version are you running?

#13161 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I’ll have to take a look when I get back to my camp this weekend. I’ll let y’all know. Thanks for the insight

#13162 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

IMG_3121 (resized).jpegIMG_3121 (resized).jpeg
#13163 8 months ago

U6 is just the chip designation. You need to actually get the ROM version from the DMD, which I believe will show during boot. You'll see a "Rev xxxx" displayed on the testing screen

#13164 8 months ago

Any lead on a Wire/Loom Harness? Or know of someone that scratch build one?

#13165 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

U6 is just the chip designation. You need to actually get the ROM version from the DMD, which I believe will show during boot. You'll see a "Rev xxxx" displayed on the testing screen

I’m a dumb ass…I’ll look it again this upcoming weekend

#13166 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

This what I got…

IMG_3139 (resized).jpegIMG_3139 (resized).jpegIMG_3140 (resized).jpegIMG_3140 (resized).jpeg
#13167 8 months ago

The documented prototype firmware versions on IPDB are P-7 and P-C. I’m guessing P-B is an intermediate prototype version. My suggestion is to upgrade to L-2 which seems to be the most popular with L-5 being next. Plenty of posts in thread on the differences.

I don’t know about the sound ROM, but probably an update to that too.

#13168 8 months ago

I’m parting out a Getaway. Message me!

#13169 8 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Hey, I can’t add pics to PM’s, so I’ll add it here.

This is the part I am looking for. This centre ball guide is the loop piece on the inside curve of the metal ramp. It is a separate piece held in with screws and nuts. This is what I am after if you have one.

IMG_1566 (resized).pngIMG_1566 (resized).png
#13170 8 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Hey, I can’t add pics to PM’s, so I’ll add it here.
This is the part I am looking for. This centre ball guide is the loop piece on the inside curve of the metal ramp. It is a separate piece held in with screws and nuts. This is what I am after if you have one.
[quoted image]

Ahh. Sorry. That part is gone plus Super Charger.

#13171 8 months ago

Would be helpful to know what IS left.

#13172 8 months ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

This what I got…
[quoted image][quoted image]

Scoring is pretty weird with some roms. I played one where you could get some crazy numbers off the videomode.

I have used P-C for years. Seems like basically L-5 with improvements.

No multiball bug like some have had with L2. I have all the video sequences. Supercharger always starts at 3, I think and progresses linearly. Never random. 25mil max on videomode.

I suspect L2 scores higher though but it's been awhile and I didn't know the game as well back then.

#13173 8 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Looking for a single plastic 31-1695, the clear plastic at the horseshoe of the supercharger ramp.

#13174 8 months ago

There is some guy on ebay raping for that one.

Quoted from Hammerhead:Looking for a single plastic 31-1695, the clear plastic at the horseshoe of the supercharger ramp.

#13175 8 months ago

But I don't want to be raped.

#13177 8 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Looking for a single plastic 31-1695, the clear plastic at the horseshoe of the supercharger ramp.

I can laser cut that piece.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13178 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Would be helpful to know what IS left.

Negativity runs Deep i

Quoted from Hammerhead:

Sorry sold.

#13179 8 months ago

Lol. I'm the most upbeat, positive person you don't know. But it WOULD be amazingly helpful to post what is available instead of 90 questions about different things only to find they're gone.

Quoted from Gorgar666:

Negativity runs Deep i

Sorry sold.

#13180 8 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Do you have any beacon parts? Looking for basically the whole assembly except the red light housing, I have that.

#13181 8 months ago

Do you have any beacon parts? Looking for basically the whole assembly except the red light housing, I have that.</blockquote

Yes. It needs restore. Message me

#13182 8 months ago

looking for this out lane metal piece

Lower PF left lane outlane (resized).jpgLower PF left lane outlane (resized).jpg
#13183 8 months ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

looking for this out lane metal piece
[quoted image]

Sorry, sold all the ball guides yesterday. I will post pictures of what is left.

#13184 8 months ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

That's this issue:

I wish Soren would take a crack at fixing Getaway's code. Sucks that there's a bunch of ROMs, but none of them fix all the issues. Just have to pick the issues you can live with.
Personally I've only had the endless multiball happen once, so I choose to stick with L-2. Judging by everybody's accounts, seems that maybe it only happens on multiballs awarded from Burn-out (like what happened in Cobradvs' video). And seems that that award is pretty rare, occurring mostly as a consolation for poor play? So maybe it's not likely to happen in a serious game. I just shut the game off if I see it happen, so I don't mess up the high scores with an undeserved score. Could cradle the ball for 255 seconds to let it run out, but that's a long time to stand there.

he did fix the code. I can't find it anywhere and have been looking for years.

#13185 8 months ago

I too would like the best code update for mine too.

#13186 8 months ago
Quoted from gamera9:

he did fix the code. I can't find it anywhere and have been looking for years.

Saw your comment, took a look and my guess is this is the Soren code since the docs match what he said about it on pinside. Too bad, I just ordered an NVRAM a day or two ago from pinballrom.com and could have got it burned/saved shipping costs had I known about it earlier.

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/4884-getaway-high-speed-ii-the-l-5c-competition-mod/

Documentation calls it a patch but the file on vpuniverse looks like its already been patched (it is a .rom file). Who knows.

Personally I wouldn't want to give up the dual mode flippers since I've had them all along but my rom is fairly undocumented so would be nice to get something more mainstream that isn't buggy. So far this sounds like the best option. Worth a try at least.

====================

"Disclaimer

The purpose is subtle changes to correct bugs and make the game better suitable for competition usage. Through balancing random elements, scoring and the relative reward for game objectives.

It is made as a fan based project and shared free of charge.

The patch is supplied as-is without any warranties and support. Use at your own risk.

Please take care when patching the software, creating a physical ROM and installing the ROM in your game. Make sure you do every step of the process correctly. With new software installed, the game may restore factory default settings. Clearing all adjustments, statistics and high scores.

Release note

Changes
The premature multiball (re)start bug - fixed.
With tournament play unselected: Multiball may be removed from Burn rubber awards (with adjustment A.2 13).
Secret mania is scrapped.

Why it rocks
Correct light locks, lock balls, start multiball, jackpot and super jackpots logic.
Secret mania messes up the traffic lights progress and potentially have more hazardous side effects.

Note
With tournament play selected: Multiball is still the fifth Burn rubber award (when no extra balls selected)."

#13187 8 months ago

Can someone with an account there grab that and maybe throw it up someplace or email me a drive/dropbox link?

Quoted from pkrobin:

Saw your comment, took a look and my guess is this is the Soren code since the docs match what he said about it on pinside. Too bad, I just ordered an NVRAM a day or two ago from pinballrom.com and could have got it burned/saved shipping costs had I known about it earlier.
https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/4884-getaway-high-speed-ii-the-l-5c-competition-mod/
Documentation calls it a patch but the file on vpuniverse looks like its already been patched (it is a .rom file). Who knows.
Personally I wouldn't want to give up the dual mode flippers since I've had them all along but my rom is fairly undocumented so would be nice to get something more mainstream that isn't buggy. So far this sounds like the best option. Worth a try at least.
====================
"Disclaimer
The purpose is subtle changes to correct bugs and make the game better suitable for competition usage. Through balancing random elements, scoring and the relative reward for game objectives.
It is made as a fan based project and shared free of charge.
The patch is supplied as-is without any warranties and support. Use at your own risk.
Please take care when patching the software, creating a physical ROM and installing the ROM in your game. Make sure you do every step of the process correctly. With new software installed, the game may restore factory default settings. Clearing all adjustments, statistics and high scores.
Release note
Changes
The premature multiball (re)start bug - fixed.
With tournament play unselected: Multiball may be removed from Burn rubber awards (with adjustment A.2 13).
Secret mania is scrapped.
Why it rocks
Correct light locks, lock balls, start multiball, jackpot and super jackpots logic.
Secret mania messes up the traffic lights progress and potentially have more hazardous side effects.
Note
With tournament play selected: Multiball is still the fifth Burn rubber award (when no extra balls selected)."

#13188 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Can someone with an account there grab that and maybe throw it up someplace or email me a drive/dropbox link?

I've got it. Just PM.me an email Addy or something.

#13189 8 months ago

Deleted

#13190 8 months ago

Is the getaway nvram solution no-cut, just plug and play?

#13191 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Was for me on my Rottendog board. You may have to do some soldering on OEM board (can't remember).

#13192 8 months ago

Surpised your board didn't come with it.

#13193 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Surpised your board didn't come with it.

I can't remember exactly because it was a long time ago, but I think you had the option to get with or without and I already had the chip.

#13194 8 months ago

Ah ya, that makes sense.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I can't remember exactly because it was a long time ago, but I think you had the option to get with or without and I already had the chip.

#13195 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Ah ya, that makes sense.

I do remember installing one in my DE JP plug-n-play when I had it, but I think it had a RD board in it too when I bought it from the previous owner.

#13196 8 months ago

On a OEM board, the nvram is a solder job on getaway.

Data east games are plug and play.

#13197 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I'm not sure what you are asking but to install a NVRam in the Getaway you'll have to desolder the original chip and install a new socket so I guess it's not plug and play... if that's your question.

You can order new boards that do not have the chip soldered on the board so you can easily install the NVRam

#13198 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

My original CMOS RAM chip at U6 failed according to the onboard diagnostics. That's why I ordered an NVRAM. No matter what it's not plug and play but I have a socket coming so be easier for future. 28 pins + bad close up eyesight makes it harder than it needs to be but it'll be fine. Every time I do a job like this these days I announce its the last time but here I am again, looking forward to it actually. Have a new soldering iron I will be using.

#13199 8 months ago

Yeah you got it. I was being lazy aand hoping it was one of the remove chip, plug in nvram and chip, or something. My external batteries are ok for now lol

Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'm not sure what you are asking but to install a NVRam in the Getaway you'll have to desolder the original chip and install a new socket so I guess it's not plug and play... if that's your question.
You can order new boards that do not have the chip soldered on the board so you can easily install the NVRam

#13200 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Yeah you got it. I was being lazy aand hoping it was one of the remove chip, plug in nvram and chip, or something. My external batteries are ok for now lol

Ha ha, I hear you, it would be nice to be able to plug in a new NVRam...they did live and learn and some later models added the socket.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
There are 13,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/264 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.