• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 121 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 353 votes by 351 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2251 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4178 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240702_184622 (resized).jpg
Resized_20240626_172136_1719436938136 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2057 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4098 (resized).jpeg (© The club)
20240605_200258 (resized).jpg
20240523_190741 (resized).jpg
20240523_191314 (resized).jpg
20240516_201154 (resized).jpg
20240424_183429 (resized).jpg
20240420_144755 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-06-06 131356 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-06-06 131437 (resized).jpg
There are 13,976 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 280.
#13251 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Has planetary sent you a C/D yet? Lol

I think he did a great job, glad I could purchase one while still available.

#13252 10 months ago

It looks good. My comment was for the maker, sorry wasn't following you bought that.... I must have missed a previous message.

Quoted from pinballjah:I think he did a great job, glad I could purchase one while still available.

#13253 10 months ago

All their stuff looks good. The new JP 30th is very vivid as well. I updated who I was quoting in my above message. Found the original post. Sorry.

Quoted from pinballjah:

I think he did a great job, glad I could purchase one while still available.

#13254 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Getaway II banner turned out great. This game was deserving of a pinball banner! Probably should have put a couple cop cars in front of the donut store
[quoted image]

Jim… you need me to take that off your hands for use with your old Getaway?? Or did you get another??

#13255 10 months ago

So my friend said his fast track goes around fast but then loses momentum towards the end and just dribbles out instead of I guess going to the wire form like it should. Had a tech look at it but couldn’t figure it out.
Any ideas what to look at?

#13256 10 months ago

Oh snap! Literally. This piece broke in half and won’t lift the ramp anymore:

IMG_9774 (resized).jpegIMG_9774 (resized).jpeg

It’s not listed in the manual or as part of the schematic… but it looks like this:

IMG_9808 (resized).jpegIMG_9808 (resized).jpeg

Marco has a similar-looking part called a pin crank, but it’s too short to get the job done:

IMG_1194 (resized).jpegIMG_1194 (resized).jpeg

Is the official part available anywhere? Seems like this would be a pretty common needed part for Getaway owners… but haven’t been able to source one yet. Might have to make a trip to Ace Hardware for something compatible…

IMG_4360 (resized).jpegIMG_4360 (resized).jpeg

#13257 10 months ago

Anyone know where I can find a beacon rotator for the back cabinet? I purchased a new lense from Planetary as mentioned a few posts ago. I clicked on a new rotator assembly from a place on eBay…they ended up not having the part to ship.

3793706A-E610-443F-A5E7-BED73F086AE7 (resized).png3793706A-E610-443F-A5E7-BED73F086AE7 (resized).png
#13258 10 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Oh snap! Literally. This piece broke in half and won’t lift the ramp anymore:
[quoted image]
It’s not listed in the manual or as part of the schematic… but it looks like this:
[quoted image]
Marco has a similar-looking part called a pin crank, but it’s too short to get the job done:
[quoted image]
Is the official part available anywhere? Seems like this would be a pretty common needed part for Getaway owners… but haven’t been able to source one yet. Might have to make a trip to Ace Hardware for something compatible…
[quoted image]

I recently replaced the bracket & crank arm but reused the pin/shaft you are showing that broke on yours. Upon researching is it this post at Marco's (1-7/8" total length)?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4590

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

BTW, Crazy that they leave that part out of the assembly diagram.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13259 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I recently replaced the bracket & crank arm but reused the pin/shaft you are showing that broke on yours. Upon researching is it this post at Marco's (1-7/8" total length)?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4590
[quoted image]
BTW, Crazy that they leave that part out of the assembly diagram.[quoted image]

Thanks man! That has to be it. Key post nominated! I hope this is useful for future techs.

#13261 10 months ago

Been working hard on creating new SFX, Callouts, and Music for my HS2 Re-Orchestration… Going for a cammed V8 and my usual “Epic” sounding score…

Like all the work I’ve done on many games for Pinsound… it’s tedious to do it right… Way more to it than simply changing out old songs for new… I will spend an hour working on perfecting 1 sound effect and integrating it into a game. Before you know it… hours and hours have passed and it’s 2am… and you haven’t left the computer chair since 6pm….

Here is a tiny snippet of my Getaway’s “Car Idle” and “ball in shooter lane” music…

More to come!

#13262 10 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Here is a tiny snippet of my Getaway’s “Car Idle” and “ball in shooter lane” music…

Nice, I also see you have a pin2dmd. Where did you get the colorization? Was it on there?

#13263 10 months ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Nice, I also see you have a pin2dmd. Where did you get the colorization? Was it on there?

Thanks! its ColorDMD LED... I run most of them on RBG instead of RGB mode, which gives off more purples and pinks.

#13264 10 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Been working hard on creating new SFX, Callouts, and Music for my HS2 Re-Orchestration… Going for a cammed V8 and my usual “Epic” sounding score…
Like all the work I’ve done on many games for Pinsound… it’s tedious to do it right… Way more to it than simply changing out old songs for new… I will spend an hour working on perfecting 1 sound effect and integrating it into a game. Before you know it… hours and hours have passed and it’s 2am… and you haven’t left the computer chair since 6pm….
More to come!

Excited for a new fully custom orchestration. My only issue with what I heard in the video is that it sounds like an idling V8, when surely the theme car for this game had a V12 (Ritchie will never admit it, I think for licensing purposes, but it is a Lambo Diablo - as seen in the promo video for the game).

Also, will there be a "Grabbag" Easter Egg track somewhere? Please? What else should we expect from "Luke Nukem"?

Maybe (if you are inclined to do so), you could use the sound from here or something similar:

Ritchie driving Diablo in Getaway promo video:

#13265 10 months ago

If anyone needs the PCB metal mounting plate for the High Speed II: Getaway back box:

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Selling an original stock 01-9822-3 WPC PCB Board Mounting Plate for the A-14092-3 WPC PCB Mounting Plate Assembly that fits the following games: Black Rose (BR) Bram Stroker’s ...”
2023-09-14
Albany, NY
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 82 times

#13266 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Excited for a new fully custom orchestration. My only issue with what I heard in the video is that it sounds like an idling V8, when surely the theme car for this game had a V12 (Ritchie will never admit it, I think for licensing purposes, but it is a Lambo Diablo - as seen in the promo video for the game).
Also, will there be a "Grabbag" Easter Egg track somewhere? Please? What else should we expect from "Luke Nukem"?
Maybe (if you are inclined to do so), you could use the sound from here or something similar:
Ritchie driving Diablo in Getaway promo video:

The Diablo’s idle doesn’t excite me one bit… With my other re orchestrations I’ve done.. I always go for an epic / intense type of tonality..

I love the sound of a v8… especially one that’s been cammed… Just sounds intimidating.. and that’s what I’m going for here. it’s just another option for HS2… I’d say you’ve done a damn fine job producing a ton of great packs for hs2 already.. So, I wanted to do something completely different that hasn’t been done and didn’t completely compromise the theme’s storyline or overall source.

#13267 10 months ago

Wanna get those supercharger speeds up?

Aside from making sure the basics are lined out first (supercharger ramp is nice and clean, balls are new, magnets and Optos are working, everything is straight with no screws stubbing into the ball path)

The #1 factor that’s pulling my speeds down to 96 - 105 is the pivot arm…. If it has any side to side play in it… This will affect your speeds. The factory rivets… they can be a bump your ball hits also slowing you down…

IMG_0069 (resized).jpegIMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0071 (resized).jpegIMG_0071 (resized).jpeg

I removed the arm… drilled out the factory rivets, then I installed 2 smaller sized rivets … which I then filed down to a flush glass smooth surface.

IMG_0074 (resized).jpegIMG_0074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0076 (resized).jpegIMG_0076 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0081 (resized).jpegIMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpegIMG_0078 (resized).jpeg

No matter how you adjust your pivot arms locking portion… it may still have a small amount of play. (1mm or so of up and down play is okay, however Side to side was negatively impacting my overall speed times of about 10 to 15 per lap.

Now, this may not look the prettiest.. but once reinstalled and that ramp plastic back over the arm.. you can’t see it but, I epoxied the back of the pivot arm which further strengthened the whole assembly and completely killed any side to side “wiggle” and now it’s giving me consistent speed times of 79 - 85 once all was done and reinstalled.

IMG_0087 (resized).jpegIMG_0087 (resized).jpeg

#13268 10 months ago

Maybe steal the audio from a YouTube video with one of the ugr twin turbo Diablos or r8s? If that noise doesn't excite you, you may be dead inside. Alternately maybe a clip of an old windowless van idling.....

(

Quoted from Luke_Nukem:The Diablo’s idle doesn’t excite me one bit… With my other re orchestrations I’ve done.. I always go for an epic / intense type of tonality..
I love the sound of a v8… especially one that’s been cammed… Just sounds intimidating.. and that’s what I’m going for here. it’s just another option for HS2… I’d say you’ve done a damn fine job producing a ton of great packs for hs2 already.. So, I wanted to do something completely different that hasn’t been done and didn’t completely compromise the theme’s storyline or overall source.

#13269 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Maybe steal the audio from a YouTube video with one of the ugr twin turbo Diablos or r8s? If that noise doesn't excite you, you may be dead inside. Alternately maybe a clip of an old windowless van idling.....
(

Tbh.. I make all my mixes for myself.. I post it for those that may find it interesting, and for those that may want another option to use with their Pinsound. if not, no biggie. Nobody is paying me to do it a certain way so I don’t really have the desire to make something I wouldn’t want to use on my own machine, especially with how long and tedious the process can take to do it right if that makes sense.

#13270 10 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Tbh.. I make all my mixes for myself.. I post it for those that may find it interesting, and for those that may want another option to use with their Pinsound. if not, no biggie. Nobody is paying me to do it a certain way so I don’t really have the desire to make something I wouldn’t want to use on my own machine, especially with how long and tedious the process can take to do it right if that makes sense.

Be really interesting to see what you produce, I am currently replacing 99% of the sound effects and 100% of the Music on mine using samples etc rather than music tracks.

I normally choose EDM, Trance, House music etc.

#13271 10 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

The Diablo’s idle doesn’t excite me one bit… With my other re orchestrations I’ve done.. I always go for an epic / intense type of tonality..

Nothing wrong with you doing your own thing, and like I said I'm legitimately looking forward to your orchestration. For whatever reason, Getaway seems to be an excellent theme for PinSound, IMO. For me, it's just emulating the real-world experience of cruising around with the engine purring, the windows down, and the tunes cranked up without the consequences of actually being chased by the police.

#13272 10 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay69:

New pinball banner I created for Getaway, 24 x 62 inches. Great for the Getaway fan's gameroom. Can also adjust the Las Vegas sign to a person's home town if they want it customized. PM if interested. Thanks.
[quoted image]

If you are interested in seeing the final Getaway banner, I have started a new thread here. Thanks for the interest.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/highspeed-ii-the-getaway-pinball-banner

#13273 10 months ago

Well shoot this is why the lifter broke… previous owner used a hex post screw in place of the beefy piece. Surprised it lasted as long as it did.

IMG_1240 (resized).jpegIMG_1240 (resized).jpeg

#13274 9 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Well shoot this is why the lifter broke… previous owner used a hex post screw in place of the beefy piece. Surprised it lasted as long as it did.
[quoted image]

So tempted to make a joke about the comparative size of rods here, but I'll refrain and just leave it that I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue.

#13275 9 months ago

What's more important, length or girth?

#13276 9 months ago

Looking for these. Old yellow ok.

02BA02BF-2C5E-41D9-A60F-2E35FAD8F5A3 (resized).jpeg02BA02BF-2C5E-41D9-A60F-2E35FAD8F5A3 (resized).jpeg
#13277 9 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Looking for these. Old yellow ok.
[quoted image]

I have 3 out of 4, don't have the smallest one.

#13278 9 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Looking for these.

One of those is aftermarket:
https://pinballhaus.com/shop/plastics/the-getaway-ii-missing-plastic

Maybe get this one while you’re there:
https://pinballhaus.com/shop/plastics/the-getaway-ii-missing-plastic-no-2

Other two are up on eBay right now (not my auction):
ebay.com link: itm

#13279 9 months ago

Nothing from pinballhaus...get it from Mr_Tantrum

Quoted from kyle5574:

One of those is aftermarket:
https://pinballhaus.com/shop/plastics/the-getaway-ii-missing-plastic
Maybe get this one while you’re there:
https://pinballhaus.com/shop/plastics/the-getaway-ii-missing-plastic-no-2
Other two are up on eBay right now (not my auction):
ebay.com link: itm

#13280 9 months ago

Yes definitely go with Mt Tantrum.

#13281 9 months ago

Been using the L5-C rom a few days now. Seems like the way to go. Nice to have a usable ball save. Haven't seen any multiball or other bugs so far. RTRL is there. More variables around how the supercharger scores than what I had before but seems to be some logic to it that I am learning. Can't compare to L2, been way too many years. Better than L5.

#13283 9 months ago

As discussed above. Possibly the Soren rom. No official confirmation on that. All changes are documented with the rom file on VPUniverse.

#13284 9 months ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

Anyone know where I can find a beacon rotator for the back cabinet? I purchased a new lense from Planetary as mentioned a few posts ago. I clicked on a new rotator assembly from a place on eBay…they ended up not having the part to ship. [quoted image]

If you have the old rotator assembly (including the motor), you might try what I did to get my rotator motor working properly:
I replaced the OEM bulb with an LED bulb, which draws much less current, and this provided more available current to the motor, since the bulb & motor are on the same 12V circuit, and 2-yrs later it all still works fine.

#13285 9 months ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

If you have the old rotator assembly (including the motor), you might try what I did to get my rotator motor working properly:
I replaced the OEM bulb with an LED bulb, which draws much less current, and this provided more available current to the motor, since the bulb & motor are on the same 12V circuit, and 2-yrs later it all still works fine.

I also have an LED bulb in mine. Actually brighter than the original.

#13286 9 months ago

The manual calls for an 1156 base bulb. My beacon light "stuck" all the time when I first got the game. Had to tap on the top of the backbox to get it to start spinning. And then I went ahead and replaced a ton of components trying to figure it out. It wasn't anything other than the wrong bulb taking too much of the "start-up current". An LED will do the trick and so too will getting the "mini" 1156 like this: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-1156

After I put the correct bulb in, it hasn't gotten stuck again. It used to do it almost every game and afterwards it has probably turned on over 1,000 times without getting stuck once.

#13287 9 months ago

I'm gonna be giving this a try here shortly whenever I am getting others made at same time.... Looking forward to it.

Quoted from pkrobin:

As discussed above. Possibly the Soren rom. No official confirmation on that. All changes are documented with the rom file on VPUniverse.

#13288 9 months ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Been using the L5-C rom a few days now. Seems like the way to go. Nice to have a usable ball save. Haven't seen any multiball or other bugs so far. RTRL is there. More variables around how the supercharger scores than what I had before but seems to be some logic to it that I am learning. Can't compare to L2, been way too many years. Better than L5.

Quoted from jrcmlc:

I'm gonna be giving this a try here shortly whenever I am getting others made at same time.... Looking forward to it.

Anybody know where I could find this rom?

#13289 9 months ago

I will gladly trade you for more Timberlake glamour rapevan selfies.

Quoted from Luke_Nukem:Anybody know where I could find this rom?

#13290 9 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Anybody know where I could find this rom?

How's the PinSound orchestration coming along?

#13291 9 months ago

With Mad Max retheme I programmed the motion control shaker to have the feel of the interceptor v8 on idle which works really well, also programmed the rev action of the flipper buttons with ball in shooter.

Could work well for getaway too I'd say but maybe more of a girly vibration to match the sports car!

#13292 9 months ago

I think I would recommend watching some youtube before "girling" up that too much. "UGR LAMBO" will get you started.

Quoted from KJS:

With Mad Max retheme I programmed the motion control shaker to have the feel of the interceptor v8 on idle which works really well, also programmed the rev action of the flipper buttons with ball in shooter.
Could work well for getaway too I'd say but maybe more of a girly vibration to match the sports car!

#13293 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

How's the PinSound orchestration coming along?

Moving along, I've been working on an IJ restore.. So thats been consuming most of my spare time.

#13294 9 months ago
Quoted from KJS:

FYI, I already have motion control rev action (matches the tach lights revving on playfield) and engine sound in most all of my Getaway orchestrations when ball is in shooter lane and you press a flipper button. Actually, now that I think about, my motion control for Getaway is built into the PinSound firmware, so this will be the case for all orchestrations that do not have a custom motion control routine applied.

Just a reminder to all of the Getaway PinSound orchestration repository: https://www.pinsound-community.org/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway/

Also, while an American muscle V8 is certainly distinctive, there's nothing wrong with the sound of an Italian V12 in a Diablo revving.

#13295 9 months ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

Thanks for the input guys, but I’m missing the entire rotator assembly. Any ideas???

#13296 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI, I already have motion control rev action (matches the tach lights revving on playfield) and engine sound in most all of my Getaway orchestrations when ball is in shooter lane and you press a flipper button. Actually, now that I think about, my motion control for Getaway is built into the PinSound firmware, so this will be the case for all orchestrations that do not have a custom motion control routine applied.
Just a reminder to all of the Getaway PinSound orchestration repository: https://www.pinsound-community.org/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway/
Also, while an American muscle V8 is certainly distinctive, there's nothing wrong with the sound of an Italian V12 in a Diablo revving.

Yeah but I did it first .....

At least with that diablo you'd get away with only a 6 inch sub !

love stirring you guys!

#13297 9 months ago
Quoted from KJS:

Yeah but I did it first .....

You might want to check your engine's timing - hah!

Seriously, your MadMax retheme is a beast - beautiful work! Would love to experience it in person one day but seeing how you are halfway around the world, I’m not sure that will ever happen.

#13298 9 months ago

Not even close to being done with it yet… But I like how it’s turning out so far!

Before:
IMG_0583 (resized).jpegIMG_0583 (resized).jpeg

Where I’m at now:
IMG_0579 (resized).jpegIMG_0579 (resized).jpeg

#13299 9 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Not even close to being done with it yet… But I like how it’s turning out so far!

I'm sensing an overall theme with the lighting on your pins.

I can appreciate a man who knows what he likes and keeps with it.

#13300 9 months ago

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:I'm sensing an overall theme with your pins' lighting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Williamsport, PA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bokchito, OK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,976 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.