• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 277.
#13001 11 months ago

I've had broken tabs fixed on other games before. A local machinist did it. Costs more than it should but also probably stronger than ever now.

#13002 11 months ago

Agreed, replacing the tabs might be easier than making a whole new piece as well.

#13003 11 months ago

It is interesting that the ramp is still available for sale but not the ball guide...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15296

#13004 11 months ago

Surely someone sells it, but it really doesn't look too bad to make or fix. If I end up making one, I'll have a few made at the same time.

#13005 11 months ago

Thanks for taking the time to post pics of yours. Glad you did that because I realized one more tab that's broken off. The one on the top. It's actually still connected to the underside of that plastic. So that one at the leading edge on the right side is broken at the bottom and the top. And the second one back on the right side is the one with the crack developing in it. So maybe too far gone to try and fix or weld back together. Will keep an eye on it though. Yea, odd that Marco has the whole ramp assembly but not that lane guide. I may contact them to double check that is correct. I would buy the whole thing for $40 if that's the deal.

What I may do in the meantime is see if I can find a suitably sized L bracket that I can slip under the lane guide for that front right tab and use the screw from underneath to hold the L bracket in place and have the L portion sticking up to hold the guide back. It seems like the guide is recessed back slightly so it shouldn't catch a ball on the way by, nor affect the opening of the divertor arm to allow the ball into the supercharger. We shall see.

#13006 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Surely someone sells it, but it really doesn't look too bad to make or fix. If I end up making one, I'll have a few made at the same time.

Perhaps, but nothing I found. It probably would be good to make a few extra, I'm sure you'll be able to sell them. Honestly, I never really paid much attention to mine and I've had that plastic off hundreds of times, now you have me wondering!

#13007 11 months ago

If anyone has a getaway in parts or in process of restore and has this part out, pm me and I'll get it from you, get it drawn and what not and back to you, and when the replacements are built I'll send you one for free for letting me use yours as the template. Until then, I think we're stuck.

#13008 11 months ago

I'm a big fan of this. My new runny crayon may move to NGG and HS2 may go this route. Thanks for posting this. After all the deliberation and consternation and my wife deciding on the larger LCD colordmd, once it was installed she preferred the simulated dots mode anyway. Lolololol

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I'm back in the PIN2DMD club. Ordinally, I had a PIN2DMD in my Getaway several years ago when I started the colorization project for it. Long story short, for various reasons I abandoned the project and others carried the torch forward doing a fantastic job. When I had my DE JP it came with a ColorDMD when I bought it, but I thought the PIN2DMD colorization was significantly better on that game so I swapped displays. Unfortunately, the PIN2DMD went with JP when I sold it while the ColorDMD stayed with my Getaway.
Anyway, I couldn't be happier having a PIN2DMD back in my Getaway. Overall, I just think the colorization is better/more appealing to me. At this time, the only thing not colored is the map sequence given what a challenge it is using the PIN2DMD software, but I think the rest of the animations are enough to overcompensate for it.
Pics of DMD are always a little difficult (especially when you are the one playing the game and taking the pictures), but here are a few samples.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#13009 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I'm a big fan of this. My new runny crayon may move to NGG and HS2 may go this route. Thanks for posting this. After all the deliberation and consternation and my wife deciding on the larger LCD colordmd, once it was installed she preferred the simulated dots mode anyway. Lolololol

lol! That's the beauty of that screen, you can change your mind on what you prefer, move it to another game that you feel it works best with and as you can see I'm running dots on my Getaway and HighRes on my Shadow. IMO, the color display of your choice is a winner, regardless of brand and style .

Pinball row 2022 dots (resized).jpgPinball row 2022 dots (resized).jpg
#13010 11 months ago

Several years ago, I bought the flashing blue lights as a mod for my Getaway (pic of mine mounted on backbox next to beacon). I'm now working on another Getaway rest-mod project for someone else and would like to add these again. For the life of me, I cannot seem to find a source for these and cannot recall where I got mine. Does anyone recall where these came from/who offers them? See pic. Thanks!

IMG_9317 (resized).jpgIMG_9317 (resized).jpg
#13011 11 months ago

Flipper flasher? Where is that located, anyone? I have the manual and I can't find it. It's a wedge flasher.

PXL_20230502_002639406.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230502_002639406.MP (resized).jpg
#13012 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Flipper flasher? Where is that located, anyone? I have the manual and I can't find it. It's a wedge flasher.
[quoted image]

Blue with violet stripe wire. Found it here:

DCFCD3CE-1667-4D1C-8FE0-71BE50FFEF58 (resized).jpegDCFCD3CE-1667-4D1C-8FE0-71BE50FFEF58 (resized).jpegF2589C39-C851-40E5-AAAC-EE2E1E976EBF (resized).jpegF2589C39-C851-40E5-AAAC-EE2E1E976EBF (resized).jpeg128E95FD-AD9D-4997-BA73-56F66289857A (resized).jpeg128E95FD-AD9D-4997-BA73-56F66289857A (resized).jpeg

#13013 11 months ago

Hmm
Thanks for going to all that trouble. Comet sent me 5 red and blue for the flasher kit. I it says supercharger and middle back box. I assumed it was 3 red in supercharger (which I already had) and 2 in back box. If that white one goes there, then I have an extra red. l #confused.

Quoted from rlbohon3:

Blue with violet stripe wire. Found it here:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#13014 11 months ago

It’s all definitely a personal choice and no right or wrong answers, but for me I put 3 red wedge flashers in the middle and blue on the outer 2.

8C02D3DD-25FE-4BCC-A364-5E2B043FBE84 (resized).jpeg8C02D3DD-25FE-4BCC-A364-5E2B043FBE84 (resized).jpeg
#13015 11 months ago

PXL_20230502_020607511 (resized).jpgPXL_20230502_020607511 (resized).jpg
#13016 11 months ago

I feel like I have this wrong, I just couldn't figure out where Comet was saying to install them. I bought it with all LED except flashers, when I replaced all of them I found 2 bulbs missing, including one flasher, got that all done and I have one extra white or if I install it in the middle somewhere on the back box, I have one extra red (well actually 4 extra red because the supercharger was already done but whatever)

#13017 11 months ago
Quoted from rlbohon3:

Several years ago, I bought the flashing blue lights as a mod for my Getaway (pic of mine mounted on backbox next to beacon). I'm now working on another Getaway rest-mod project for someone else and would like to add these again. For the life of me, I cannot seem to find a source for these and cannot recall where I got mine. Does anyone recall where these came from/who offers them? See pic. Thanks!
[quoted image]

Nope - I have some of the same ones. They're easily over a decade old. This thread seems to be related - may not be exactly the same as yours. Looks slightly different from mine as well, but it's all pretty close: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-getaway-blue-led-police-flasher-mod-4-sale

#13018 11 months ago
Quoted from sparksterz:

Nope - I have some of the same ones. They're easily over a decade old. This thread seems to be related - may not be exactly the same as yours. Looks slightly different from mine as well, but it's all pretty close: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-getaway-blue-led-police-flasher-mod-4-sale

Got the same on my machine but pretty sure i didn't get them from that guy. Got a feeling they were originally from Mezel Mods cause i know for sure i got my set from the US. The light board inside on one of mine died ages ago so i just replaced inside with a blue led strip, works just the same and looks just as good. Mine are identical to rlbohon3's

#13019 11 months ago

Thanks guys on the blue flasher topper light info. I found from my Mezel Mods account that I did buy the lights from them back in 2018, but they don't list them anymore. Also, I looked through the other thread from poster Black_Rose and it sounds like he doesn't have them anymore either. Bummer on both sources; it's a good mod.

#13020 11 months ago

that guy in Godley,texas did drop the price on his getaway to $4700 . could someone tell him that i would buy it from him at that price.
i would ask him but he is still blocking me.

#13021 11 months ago
Quoted from Matthew2015:

that guy in Godley,texas did drop the price on his getaway to $4700 . could someone tell him that i would buy it from him at that price.
i would ask him but he is still blocking me.

Here’s another one
https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/5572062309586018/

#13022 11 months ago

that guy in Godley, Texas messaged me back but he says does not deliver so that deals off.
and $5500 for that in Forney, TX seems a bit much.

#13023 11 months ago
Quoted from Matthew2015:

that guy in Godley, Texas messaged me back but he says does not deliver so that deals off.
and $5500 for that in Forney, TX seems a bit much.

I was under the assumption you were looking at that pin because it was close to you...

#13024 11 months ago
Quoted from Matthew2015:

$5500 for that in Forney, TX seems a bit much.

Know how you feel, I gave $200 too much for mine, I paid $1200 for it 20 years ago

#13025 11 months ago

LOL

Quoted from kdunbar:

Know how you feel, I gave $200 too much for mine, I paid $1200 for it 20 years ago

#13026 11 months ago

Mine was $2300 7 years ago, but would hate to admit how much I have into it now. I don’t even bother doing the math for myself, but I know I’ve at least paid for a modern LE game.

#13027 11 months ago

i would still get the one in godley,texas for $4700 even if that's still more than its worth.
i would pay someone to deliver it to me since i don't have a large enough vehicle to load it into.

#13028 11 months ago
Quoted from Matthew2015:

i would still get the one in godley,texas for $4700 even if that's still more than its worth.
i would pay someone to deliver it to me since i don't have a large enough vehicle to load it into.

Rent a U-Haul for $200, and for a bonus, you'll be able to check it out in person...

#13029 11 months ago

Rent suv from avis for $80, see above. Lol

#13030 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Rent suv from avis for $80, see above. Lol

Even better, lol!

#13031 11 months ago
Quoted from Matthew2015:

i would still get the one in godley,texas for $4700 even if that's still more

It looks like it has a color DMD in it that’s worth at least 400

#13032 11 months ago

i don't have the time to go get it and besides , i am bad with directions and a bad driver so i guess i will just have to forget about it.
another one will come up someday.

#13033 11 months ago

This is why Waze was created. You and my wife. Lol

Quoted from Matthew2015:

i don't have the time to go get it and besides , i am bad with directions and a bad driver so i guess i will just have to forget about it.
another one will come up someday.

#13034 11 months ago

I'm having an issue with the Getaway I recently picked up- the plunger will not consistently make it all the way around the loop. I took it all apart, replaced the coil sleeve, re-soldered the coil connection and made sure everything was as tight as possible and the plunger was hitting the ball straight. It's still not making it around the loop most of the time. It seems like sometimes the coil just fires weaker than other times. And it will work for a few times and then go back to not making it all the way around. Anybody have any suggestions? The next thing I was going to do was replace the A-14879 coil

thumbnail (13) (resized).jpegthumbnail (13) (resized).jpeg
#13035 11 months ago
Quoted from data_eastside:

I'm having an issue with the Getaway I recently picked up- the plunger will not consistently make it all the way around the loop. I took it all apart, replaced the coil sleeve, re-soldered the coil connection and made sure everything was as tight as possible and the plunger was hitting the ball straight. It's still not making it around the loop most of the time. It seems like sometimes the coil just fires weaker than other times. And it will work for a few times and then go back to not making it all the way around. Anybody have any suggestions? The next thing I was going to do was replace the A-14879 coil[quoted image]

A couple things to check:

Playfield incline is what? 6.5 degrees? What is the bubble level showing?

Playfield level side to side?

Take a picture to share of the loop entrance to show where your posts and rubber rings are. Also show the shooter lane flap exit in a second photo.

#13036 11 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

A couple things to check:
Playfield incline is what? 6.5 degrees? What is the bubble level showing?
Playfield level side to side?
Take a picture to share of the loop entrance to show where your posts and rubber rings are. Also show the shooter lane flap exit in a second photo.

Yes, hitting anything prior to entering the loop will cause it to fail

#13037 11 months ago

I'm having an issue with the Getaway I recently picked up- the plunger will not consistently make it all the way around the loop. I took it all apart, replaced the coil sleeve, re-soldered the coil connection and made sure everything was as tight as possible and the plunger was hitting the ball straight. It's still not making it around the loop most of the time. It seems like sometimes the coil just fires weaker than other times. And it will work for a few times and then go back to not making it all the way around. Anybody have any suggestions? The next thing I was going to do was replace the A-14879 coil[quoted image]

My Getaway had the exact same problem when I first obtained it 2-yrs ago. My fix worked and it has been flawless ever since. I'm away from home for another day and can't check out the game to make sure what I did to solve the problem is what follows, but here's what I believe solved it:
I think my coil had some sideways free play at the back end (which meant that the plunger also had sideways free play) resulting in inconsistency in how the plunger tip strikes the ball. I made a guide to hold the coil in place and it now has very little sideways freeplay. Also, my game had the incorrect coil installed (I think it had a kickback coil), so my other revisions may not apply in your case. Just from memory, it looks like your plunger tip sticks out too far into the shooter lane which might reduce the force the plunger applies to the ball when launching it into the pf.

You might learn something by reading previous posts (and following discussion) on this forum, starting with posts 11289, & 11381

#13038 11 months ago

For reference, see my pics attached. I think yours is considerably further out than mine.

Quoted from golfergordy:

My Getaway had the exact same problem when I first obtained it 2-yrs ago. My fix worked and it has been flawless ever since. I'm away from home for another day and can't check out the game to make sure what I did to solve the problem is what follows, but here's what I believe solved it:
I think my coil had some sideways free play at the back end (which meant that the plunger also had sideways free play) resulting in inconsistency in how the plunger tip strikes the ball. I made a guide to hold the coil in place and it now has very little sideways freeplay. Also, my game had the incorrect coil installed (I think it had a kickback coil), so my other revisions may not apply in your case. Just from memory, it looks like your plunger tip sticks out too far into the shooter lane which might reduce the force the plunger applies to the ball when launching it into the pf.
You might learn something by reading previous posts (and following discussion) on this forum, starting with posts 11289, & 11381

PXL_20230508_002532352.jpgPXL_20230508_002532352.jpgPXL_20230508_002539475.jpgPXL_20230508_002539475.jpgPXL_20230508_002545334.jpgPXL_20230508_002545334.jpg
#13039 11 months ago

I think you need this bell armature
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=+A-15709

#13040 11 months ago

Hi everyone,
I am facing a strange problem on my getaway: when the ball is entering into the charger and just before going into the loop, there is a very short sequence of "vombring" motor noise and video.
This sequence triggers randomly when the ball is on the playfield, sometimes yes, sometimes no....
I did a factory reset, and checked all switches to check any defect, but nothing anormal... Has anyone ever faced this kind of trouble...or has any suggestions to make? thanks.

#13041 11 months ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

"vombring" motor noise and vide

I don't understand what you mean.

#13042 11 months ago

Do you mean engine "Revving" noise??

#13043 11 months ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I don't understand what you mean.

Sorry, I meant when the ball passes the opto in the ramp of the charger, there is a very short sequence of video+sound effects.
this sequence is only specific to the charger, but it goes off sometimes when ball is on playfield...which is not supposed ...

#13044 11 months ago

That sounds like one of the optos is being triggered erroneously and if the game gets confused and thinks the ball is somewhere it isn't, it starts the sound effects until the ball triggers some other switch and it realizes where it is.

If you could take a video with sound of it doing it we could confirm for you. I assume it is the first opto going up the supercharger ramp. Kind of like on other games that have a wire gate for the ball entering a ramp and the game does a little sound effect or sets off the flashers signifying you hit the ramp.

Inspect the optos on the ramp entrance. You could take the glass off and start a game and grab the ball with your hand so it isn't triggering anything else, and then pass your finger or the tip of a pen or something past that ramp opto and see what happens. My guess is you'll duplicate your sound effects. If that's the case, see if anything looks misaligned on that opto, either side. It may just be the connections for the opto boards and you need to reflow the solder there.

#13045 11 months ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

this sequence is only specific to the charger, but it goes off sometimes when ball is on playfield...which is not supposed ...

I had this issue. A bypassed/shorted diode on a playfield switch caused the switch matrix to get confused. I made a video about it and posted it on the previous page of this thread.

#13046 11 months ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Disconnected/broken/failed-open diode would cause a single switch not to work, but would not affect other switches.
Shorted/failed-closed diode would cause other switches on the playfield to phantom-close, but wouldn't affect the switch with the bad diode.
You're on to something with them all being on the same column. If some other switches on that column do work, then it's something on the playfield, not the board. I would trace the Green/Brown wire upstream from each of the bad switches, and look for a break. Then measure continuity between each switch along that wire if you don't see anything right away.
I just posted a video diagnosing a switch matrix issue on my Getaway. It's not the same type of issue you're facing, but If you're brand new to switch matrix, it might help describe how the matrix works.

This is wild, but I think I had this same problem nearly 2 years ago. I sent a message to Mr_Tantrum back then, my video I sent him is sadly gone, but my behavior was/is almost exactly the same from what I managed to troubleshoot at the time:

Hey, I'm having some unusual behavior now that I've hooked the spinner up to score. Basically if I hit the spinner good and make a rotation I get to a scenario where I hit both the left freeway top and bottom switch which seems to be triggering my supercharger "made loop" opto. The result is quite unusual gameplay when hitting the outer loop as the GI flash will flash like I'm in the super charger and it actually counts it as one rotation in some scenarios like multi-ball mode.

I never pinned down the fact that it may have been caused when the spinner itself was closed. I'm going to test this scenario out again with the spinner switch held closed to see if I can reproduce it too.

I wanted to revisit it, but with 2 kids under the age of 4 that hasn't happened lol. Thanks for posting such a detailed walk-through. Things make a lot more sense!

#13047 11 months ago

I’m glad the video helped! Everybody with the wired spinner mod is going to have the issue, it’s just a question of whether it bothers you enough to do something about it. Doesn’t seem to affect gameplay, but the lights flashing during the orbits bugged me.

#13048 11 months ago
Quoted from sparksterz:

actually counts it as one rotation in some scenarios like multi-ball mode

Oh, I didn’t notice that! I guess it does affect gameplay!

#13049 11 months ago

Yeah, I was able to live with it for one ball, but getting multi-ball kinda weirded it out too much for me. I've gotta buy a pack of diodes now and wait for it to ship in unless I can find another one to harvest...but I'm looking forward to getting it scoring. Still makes me happy from an aesthetic standpoint at least.

#13050 11 months ago

I may have already beat this to death but I'm revisiting it.... Who makes the "best" art blades for getaway? I see tilt and then on modfather they show a different tilt with the police car, then there is the UK version with the explosion and cop cars, none really blow me away, looking for thoughts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 20.00
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/261 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.