• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pkrobin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1 month later
#6473 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

All that has me thinking. After my U2 project, maybe I should do an all driving/car music theme from various songs/artists of the period. Keep the song titles coming.

Highway to hell - ACDC
Highway Star - Deep Purple

Someone will probably suggest Born to be Wild - best to resist that IMO.

1 week later
#6572 6 years ago

My Rom identifies as P-C and while not particularly well documented I can tell you I DO NOT have the Free Ride bug, I DO have "Run the Red Light Mode" near as I can tell its basically L5 with Red Light mode patched back in. IIR L2 scores pretty high on Video mode. My P-C Rom seems to score about the same as L5 which is lower than L2. I have a virtual pin as well so I have tried all HS2 roms at some point but its been awhile so I may not remember all the differences though it seems to me like P-C is the way to go.

2 weeks later
#6670 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

How do y'all think I can fix this problem? At any point in the game, the ball kicks out into the shooter lane, hits off the right lane wall, and falls partially back into the knockout trough, stopping play unless I nudge it or let it do a ball search and kick it out again. Happening more frequently now. Wondering what to do. Thanks, speeders!

Mine never ever does this. Do you have a lot of wear at the eject hole area or something? Maybe a cliffy would help. Mines just starting to wear there so i ordered a cliffy the other day.

#6672 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Yea I got enough wear that a Cliffy would probably solve the problem, but I'd like to keep the original look there and not use one. Was thinks by maybe I need to replace the spring, if there is one, that pushes the ball to the eject site.

Put a piece of making tape over the wear just for a couple tests to see if it has any effect.

#6690 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Darn, I was kind of excited about the path the redneck tape solution was taking down

It was heading towards proving (or not) the need for a cliffy. But i misunderstood what was really happening. Not an issue i had encountered on this game.

1 month later
#6785 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I have and extra from buying a pair for mine. I'll take a picture when I get home.

Was the LED 1156 much brighter? I didn't buy one -Amazon has several- because i figured they mostly end up in tail lights on cars so probably can't be all that bright?

1 week later
#6806 6 years ago

Mine hasn't changed, My ROM is called P-C.

I wonder if yours is progressing based on "Replay Award %" ? I had a look in the manual and this is all i saw that might be in the ballpark. It looks at the last 50 games and adjusts replay difficulty based on past achievements. No reference to this specific tunnel award though.

I never try for replays in this game so probably underachieve which might be why mine doesn't change.

I wonder if you can reset replay history in Audits and see what happens?

Sorry away from game.

#6809 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've played around with these settings, but no change. Will have to experiment more. Out of curiosity, what is the tunnel count to light special for others out there?

Mine is 9 right now. Maybe was 8 before, can't recall.

1 month later
#6877 6 years ago

Switch test is easy so start there but sounds to me like you'll want to have a look at the mechanism and see what's going on. There are videos if you aren't sure what you are looking at.

My pf is out right now if you need a pic.

#6882 6 years ago

Diablo is FI

#6891 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

It’s fixed for now. Couldn’t find any solder so had to get a drop from a tinned wire laying around. Got enough on for now until I pick up a solder wick and more solder to do it right. Damn thing was tricking me though. After the fix I turn it on with the playfield up and not only did I get the up/down ramp error, but I also got a shifter error. Something told me to ignore it and just try a game. I ran it through the gears with the glass off, ball in hand, until a lock was set and it went down the way it’s supposed to. Finished that game. Turned it off and back on, and both the ramp and shifter errors cleared. Man, I get schooled every time I have to work on this thing.

Funny. That reminds me I have a diverter error everytime i go into test but it works perfectly every time. So ignoring it seems like the right move sometimes.

2 weeks later
#6982 6 years ago

If anyone can take a moment and tell me where the "female" end of this 1-pin molex connector traces to you would be helping my aging eyes out. I had the boards out and must have it trapped behind somewhere and don't want to pull them again if I don't have to. I borrowed the pic from someone in this thread, credit to him. Much appreciated, thanks.

hs2molex (resized).jpghs2molex (resized).jpg

#6984 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Sometimes there are connectors that aren't used, because the same board goes in multiple games. Not saying this is the case here. If it works without it plugged in, I'd say you're good.

The one in the pic is plugged in but also I labelled it, so with in-line connectors like this I generally put a letter on the male and female end. So that only helps if I can actually find the end unfortunately. As for if it works or not I need to debug a fuse issue F105 before I can play the game. Its a 22ga wire or so, so shouldn't be related to the fuse.

#6987 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

OK. Sorry for the misunderstanding. If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll open my backbox up and take a pic and try and trace it. But it may not be until tomorrow sometime.

Don't take any trouble I figure someone might be in there anyway - If not I can pull the board, just not my preference. Thanks though!

#6989 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

If the wire is black with yellow lines then it is for the speaker.

Nuh uh. Specifically there are two one pin molex. I need the upper one and only the female end. Solid black. 22-24 ga

#6991 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

That's my Getaway, what exactly are you looking for here? No remember that I'm using a ColorDMD and some of the connections are not needed...

Is the molex circled with the arrow plugged into a black wire on both ends in that picture? If so i need to figure out where the female end goes. I took pics of my boards before i pulled them but that wire must've been behind the harness because I don't see it.

#6993 6 years ago

Actually Superbee might be right it is black with yellow. My eyes. Speakers work though.

Ok, thanks guys i think I'm good!

#6998 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

On the sound board....
j505 Black/Yellow on pin 2
j504 Black on pin 3

Yeah, so what it was is I have a Pinsound that I installed some time ago and I must've labelled this connector with the letter 'A' (for audio I guess) when i took the old board out but since that board is gone and the other end of the connector with it the label doesn't match anything. I've had this thing all apart to clean it up and re-decal the cabinet. That took months and I'm sure I thought I'd remember all this. Lol.

To make ot worse, the 'other' same size, black wire with same molex goes to the accelerator board so got me thinking this one was important also. Until Superbee pointed out it was a speaker wire.

So yeah, all coming back to me now. No issue here. Thanks all!

#7000 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Great, so this is now resolved?

Absolutely

#7017 6 years ago

Ok another easy question. My Getaway has 2 blue square rubbers. One on each habitrail at the bottom where the ball drops.

Somewhere i read the game has 3 blue rubber squares. Where does the 3rd belong? It plays as expected so maybe 2 is the right number? Thanks!

#7019 6 years ago

Thanks. Guess i should have asked while i had it apart. Lol

#7045 6 years ago

Or you just reach in and lift the playfield out with two hands

#7051 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

That won't happen. I'm 68

Fair 'nuff but you also have an engine hoist which seems safer to me than the garage door method.

#7111 6 years ago

I have the diverter error. Even though it operates fine. I took it all apart, cleaned optos, still have the error, still plays fine. That said its annoying and I'd prefer to fix it.

4 weeks later
#7248 6 years ago
Quoted from bbriese:

While we're on the subject of toppers, Last month I decided to add some blue up there because to me that red light looks more like an ambulance than a cop car, and it's been bugging me for a while. So here's what I did:
1. Tapped into the beacon motor & light AC power source (which is something like 16-17VAC??) and fed it through a 12VDC converter from EBay. Redid the molex connector (the last one in the circtuit before the motor & lamp) so that it still fed the lamp and motor but also branched off into the 12VDC converter, and mounted the converter to the upper right side of the head.
2. Bought a couple of 12" long Knight Rider blue 12VDC lights off ebay which have a canned chase/strobe/blink routine built in.
3. Added comet matrix plugs to the LED strips.
4. Notched a small hole in the perforated head panel for the LED wire leads to run into the cabinet.
5. Stuck the LEDs to the back of the head with the double stick tape,one on each side of the beacon. I liked them in the back because the blue point lighting is more diffused and not blasting right into your eyes.
6. Plugged it all together
And viola. For about $20 and a couple hours I solved it. It is really easy to un-do and everything is up in the head so no issues with running long wire runs all over. Here are the component links and a quick video of the finished product. It looks kickasssss...at least to me anyways.
ebay.com link » Smakn Ac Dc To Dc Converter Ac 16 28v Dc 16 40v Step Down To 12v 5a Power Supply
ebay.com link » 1 X Dc 12v 30cm 3528 32led Knight Rider Flash Strobe Scanner Neon Strip Light B
» YouTube video

Looks cool. But since the bulb in the beacon is a plain old 1156 wouldn't power have to be 12V DC?

2 months later
#7707 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Is a supercharger test time of 124-130 normal?

Very slow. 100ish is the goal. Its possible you have 1 out of the 3 supercharger coils not working. You can toggle them in the Test menu and figure out which then try and fix it.

#7732 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

I noticed when I ran the supercharger test I would see the #1 opto open every time , but #2 and #3 opto would only show open sporadically when the ball passed through. For example it might be only once in every 5 or 6 loops.

This by itself may or may not be an issue. To some extent i see the same thing with mine but i get much better speeds so you might try just cleaning the optos in case they are dirty and maybe not registering consistently when the ball is moving quickly. Mine didn't look dirty but cleaning them still made a slight difference i think. The speeds you have are about what i get if i disable one SC coil but you already have proven all 3 of your coils work at least to an extent.

You can do this with air or sometimes a q-tip and alcohol may be required.

Also, i did have a problem at one point after waxing everything with the ball slightly hitting the plastic covering the hairpin turn on the left and being slowed. Make sure yours isn't.

4 weeks later
#8005 5 years ago
Quoted from sparksterz:

Alright guys, I've got a controversial question here. I'm looking to pick up a Color DMD for my Getaway and I see a lot of you guys have them. I'm personally a fan of the dots and don't suspect I'd use other filters, due to that I'm leaning towards the LED version of the panel over the LCD. My biggest concern however is in ghosting during the video mode of the machine with the LED panel. I know it's not as much of an issue with the LCD, which is why I'm still considering it.
Does anyone with an LED panel regret it, or prefer it? This will be my first Color DMD so I don't have a frame of reference as I've never seen either type in person. I know I'll be picking up an anti-glare mask either way, but still unsure of which panel to pick up...

I have LED on my Getaway and a couple LCDs on other games. I think the smooth modes on LCD look a little forced so I run them as dots.

Side by side I prefer the LED because its brighter and more retro with real dots. It does not ghost at all during video mode on the Getaway and IMO suits this game much better than LCD.

Also its a matter of taste blah blah blah.

3 weeks later
#8088 5 years ago

LED on this game for sure.

#8107 5 years ago

First of all LCD Hires mode never really looks good. IMO. My LCD's are on DotsXL. I bought them because they were more expensive so i assumed they would be better. Now that i have both, LED lights up better and brighter and on an older game like HS2 looks really legit like something that might be expected to come with it. That said once you have it in your hands both are fine.

11 months later
#9362 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

is the lower divertor considered the mech that controls the up/down ramp? getting a divertor error fixed upper divertor but still getting it.

All I know is I get a divertor error, I've been through the mech and its fine. The game plays as expected so I really don't know what causes the error. I did not consider the ramp as a divertor since it seems just to be called an up/down ramp in all the diagnostics. If you figure it out, please share.

#9377 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The "diverter" is the gate that either directs the ball to the SC loop at right, or around the U-turn and down the wireframe ramp at left. First of all, make sure that A.2-15 is set to "off" which means the diverter is not broken. If you had an error but then fixed it, this might be your issue (a little unclear if you have to manually set A.2-15 to "on" or if the pin does it automatically when there is a diverter error.
According to the manual (p 1-38) "Diverter Error" - the game has detected the diverter is not operating properly, and the Enter Ramp opto switch may be the problem.
Also, according to the Solenoid/Flasher locations, on this assembly it lists "diverter high" (high powered solenoid) and "diverter low" (low powered solenoid). I'm assuming "diverter high" closes the diverter for the SC loop, and "diverter low" opens it back up (could be the opposite). This has nothing at all to do with the up/down ramp - completely different.
A schematic of the assembly with details can be found on pp 2-30 & 2-31 in the manual.

My recollection is the diverter has a spring that keeps it open for the U-turn. The high/low solenoid are just that. High switches it to the SC but the low power holds it there so the high doesn't need to stay on too long.

You are correct that the enter ramp opto can cause a diverter error however in my case there seems not to be any issue with the opto and everything functions as expected despite the diverter error. It (the error) I sort of think went away for me at one point because I can't recall seeing it for a good chunk of time but I have noticed it lately though I don't recall anything I intentionally did that should have changed it. Cleaning here and there but that's all.

#9379 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

This wired correctly??
[quoted image]

No idea. Why is it angled so much? Is it at risk of grounding the right lug to the metal?

#9395 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

why would you respond to a question I have, with....."I have no idea?"

Hmmm... Not a reader, are ya?

#9397 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I read fine, pretty much black and white!

I'll be the judge of that.

So, the little characters all neatly assembled after the part you read, those are called words and their intention was simply to draw attention to something that did not look right to me in your picture. Maybe it was fine, maybe not, that is why I added another character called a question mark (?). Yes, I'm sure it was frustrating that I didn't drive home and open up my game and look or that I didn't open my pdf of the manual and have a look at the schematic and answer your wiring question but I knew someone would. So you see, the answer to your question was in my post all along.

#9405 4 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Yes I streamed and watched it online last night, not bad at all !

Do tell, is there a legit service that has it streaming? In Canada? Not interested if not legit. Thanks.

1 week later
#9460 4 years ago

IMO, Add a ColorDMD and game value increases almost dollar for dollar.

Pinsound, far as I've seen usually doesn't work out as well
Mathematically, BUT, because of Mr Tantrum's work on orchestrations for Getaway, it's probably one of the better bang for buck games to try it on.

So, buy both.

2 weeks later
#9508 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I noticed recently that two balls are coming out at a time. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks for the help!

Not to state the obvious, I'm sure you checked but is it possible you have too many balls installed in the game somehow?

And of course check the switches as others have said.

#9510 4 years ago

Not uncommon. Sooner or later you drop 4 in a 3 ball game when you replace them. Most games will eject 2 if you do that. Or I played a game on location recently where i knocked loose a ball that was caught up somewhere but the op must already have replaced it. Had similar issues after that.

5 months later
#10060 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

2 state flippers are a feature of L5, not L2. I believe that most Getaway owners are running L2 as the best featured version. However, I would assume that L5 is second most popular.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin#post-1407040

Mine has a double leaf pack, should be software independent, no?

Not that it matters I suppose just curious now. I use P-C. L2 feels like it scores too easy. Haven't investigated but definitely higher than L5 or P-C which is the best, IMO.

#10063 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Now do you believe me?

Believe schmelieve. If I knew for sure I wouldn't have added "no?" One more reason to ditch that lame L2 rom.

#10067 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It's all good.

Of course. Hehe.

3 months later
#10521 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

What would cause a flipper to get weaker and weaker as you play? My left flipper starts out strong then after an hour of play it gets weak..

I'd want to make sure your EOS switch is clean and adjusted properly, it is key to minimizing overheating of the coil. Just fixed a game here last night with that issue. Coil gets way too hot and loses power.

#10523 4 years ago

Might be something like this but there's 2 sizes a #6 and a #8. Im not sure which. #6 is the thinner one and out of stock at Marcos.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5010-01

2 weeks later
#10610 4 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Anyone know why this happens and how to stop it?!
Multiball starts, first ball drops. Second ball gets trapped by the third ball. And they just sit there the entire time.
COMPLETELY RUINS MULTIBALL!
please help....[quoted image]

I think the lock is supposed to let them out one at a time not together so start there. There's 3 switches in that lock I believe and they can be out if alignment and not registering properly at times. Im away from my game but fairly sure that's how it goes.

3 weeks later
#10646 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I was thinking the front opt switch triggered the diverter at the top of the Playfield and my opt switch was bad so I replaced the transmitter which fixed the opt but the problem still is there the diverter. For some reason the diverter should stay on and it go off then back on then off, etc..

If it's not staying on when it should - check for loose wires or windings at the coil.

Check EOS switch. This is probably the issue.

#10649 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I put a new coil on it so I know the wires are solid. Where’s the EOS switch that you are talking about?

EOS - "End Of Stroke". But I looked at a photo and it doesn't seem to have one. Or its a bad pic I guess.

So it might just be software controlled.

I remember now that there is a Diverter Hi and a Diverter Low test in the diagnostics (Coil tests) menu so try that and make sure both activate ok. The Low power is harder to notice because its designed to hold the diverter open and it won't do much in the normal position - you might hear a hum plus very subtle movement in the diverter would be normal.

If possible, might need a helper, you want to open the diverter with the HI coil and hold it there with your fingers while activating the LOW test and see if it remains open on its own when you let go of it. That would be what you expect.

#10657 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Yeah I think it's working now, I bent the bracket a little so it was flush.. This coil doesn't have a notch like most to hold it in place.. Just played a game on it and it seems to be working now.

Glad it works but it looks backwards to me now. Wiring is correct though. Weird.

4 months later
#10755 3 years ago
Quoted from matiou:

I'm glad to hear this multiball bug happens rarely... because it really sucks.
So I guess the only solution to all these ROM bugs would be to install a P-ROC board and re-code the game from scratch.... quite a task!

Use the P-C Rom it's the best one. No bugs I've run across.

1 week later
#10777 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Just a reflection on the translite lol, no damage!
I can't figure out why the error is coming up for the life of me. Everything seems fine.

Mine had that issue when I got it. I had the mech out and its fine. No gameplay issues. I haven't seen it in quite awhile actually. Don't recall specifically what I did when it disappeared must have got lucky with something.

1 year later
#12128 1 year ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

Thanks everyone - decided to go with the LED, now if the ColorDMD store would just come back online.

+1 LED here also, given the era of the game. Brighter than LCD dots and more authentic looking.

2 weeks later
#12138 1 year ago
Quoted from sandro:

Does anyone have a build log/videos/tons of pics of a playfield rebuild? Our project machine is completely stripped on the topside, but I’ve lost all of the video we shot of the disassembly process. I’m dreading re-assembly without some good reference material.

I should still have lots of pics. PM me a gmail address and I'll share a google photos album.

Edit. I just looked, Don't have as many as I thought but can share. Perhaps others will also.

2 weeks later
#12169 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Thanks guys for all the bulb advice! I've ordered a bunch of different types and am looking forward to trying them all out! I really prefer the warm yellow and soft lighting of the older pinball machines, but I'm curious, is there a general consensus that the original lighting on The Getaway is too dark for nighttime play? I see a lot of comments about trying to lighten the playfield and mine is very inconsistent right now, with areas that feel to bright because of LEDs and then corners and loops that are very dark and shadowy. My first concern is mellowing all my flashers and the over-bright bumper LEDs, but then after that I'll be trying to even out and perhaps brighten the playfield a little?

Personal preference for sure but i wouldn't give up my leds. But that's me.

10 months later
#12835 1 year ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Just discovered the different revisions of the ROM's on this pin....I have l-1 and sound-1, anyone have a cheap source for an l-2 rom? I looked at burning them but I just don't think I have the required bandwidth anymore to re-learn all that

There's people that burnnthem

Quoted from jrcmlc:

Just discovered the different revisions of the ROM's on this pin....I have l-1 and sound-1, anyone have a cheap source for an l-2 rom? I looked at burning them but I just don't think I have the required bandwidth anymore to re-learn all that

Pinballrom.com will do it. He's in Canada.

Also, group seems to prefer L-2 but mine is P-C and better IMO.

#12837 1 year ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Thanks, I'm in touch with him. What do you prefer about your Rev vs l-2?

Generally you want the most recent ROM which officially is L5. But it's missing some of the DMD animations so P-C is basically L5 with this added back. I haven't played L2 much but my impression was it scores much higher so maybe that's part of the appeal for others. It might also have the multiball bug, can't remember. Mine doesn't.

#12843 1 year ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I do like all the animations in l-1, I guess I'll see. I guess I'm a little surprised nobody has done a custom rom.

I believe there are 2 prototype ROMs.

#12897 1 year ago

My 2 cents. Only reason to buck up for the LCD would be if you think you may end up putting it in a different game at some point. For Getaway I think most people will prefer dots and LED dots are brighter and more retro feeling. No contest IMO.

2 weeks later
#13001 12 months ago

I've had broken tabs fixed on other games before. A local machinist did it. Costs more than it should but also probably stronger than ever now.

3 months later
#13146 8 months ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I bought this one. It’s slightly heavy. It’ll downshift if you try to upshift too fast. There are others that are lighter. I’m still happy with this one and won’t change it.
[quoted image]

Interesting, fairly sure mine only shifts up no matter which way I push it. I'll have to check.

1 week later
#13158 8 months ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I know when you’re in multiball, the loops increase to light the super jackpot. I’m talking about the very first shot up the supercharger

Mine is 3 but not the very first shot up the ramp. Need to have supercharger lit. Some of these guys use the older roms. I can't recall if that made a difference.

1 week later
#13172 8 months ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

This what I got…
[quoted image][quoted image]

Scoring is pretty weird with some roms. I played one where you could get some crazy numbers off the videomode.

I have used P-C for years. Seems like basically L-5 with improvements.

No multiball bug like some have had with L2. I have all the video sequences. Supercharger always starts at 3, I think and progresses linearly. Never random. 25mil max on videomode.

I suspect L2 scores higher though but it's been awhile and I didn't know the game as well back then.

#13186 8 months ago
Quoted from gamera9:

he did fix the code. I can't find it anywhere and have been looking for years.

Saw your comment, took a look and my guess is this is the Soren code since the docs match what he said about it on pinside. Too bad, I just ordered an NVRAM a day or two ago from pinballrom.com and could have got it burned/saved shipping costs had I known about it earlier.

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/4884-getaway-high-speed-ii-the-l-5c-competition-mod/

Documentation calls it a patch but the file on vpuniverse looks like its already been patched (it is a .rom file). Who knows.

Personally I wouldn't want to give up the dual mode flippers since I've had them all along but my rom is fairly undocumented so would be nice to get something more mainstream that isn't buggy. So far this sounds like the best option. Worth a try at least.

====================

"Disclaimer

The purpose is subtle changes to correct bugs and make the game better suitable for competition usage. Through balancing random elements, scoring and the relative reward for game objectives.

It is made as a fan based project and shared free of charge.

The patch is supplied as-is without any warranties and support. Use at your own risk.

Please take care when patching the software, creating a physical ROM and installing the ROM in your game. Make sure you do every step of the process correctly. With new software installed, the game may restore factory default settings. Clearing all adjustments, statistics and high scores.

Release note

Changes
The premature multiball (re)start bug - fixed.
With tournament play unselected: Multiball may be removed from Burn rubber awards (with adjustment A.2 13).
Secret mania is scrapped.

Why it rocks
Correct light locks, lock balls, start multiball, jackpot and super jackpots logic.
Secret mania messes up the traffic lights progress and potentially have more hazardous side effects.

Note
With tournament play selected: Multiball is still the fifth Burn rubber award (when no extra balls selected)."

#13188 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Can someone with an account there grab that and maybe throw it up someplace or email me a drive/dropbox link?

I've got it. Just PM.me an email Addy or something.

#13189 8 months ago

Deleted

#13198 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Is the getaway nvram solution no-cut, just plug and play?

My original CMOS RAM chip at U6 failed according to the onboard diagnostics. That's why I ordered an NVRAM. No matter what it's not plug and play but I have a socket coming so be easier for future. 28 pins + bad close up eyesight makes it harder than it needs to be but it'll be fine. Every time I do a job like this these days I announce its the last time but here I am again, looking forward to it actually. Have a new soldering iron I will be using.

#13210 7 months ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

A few months ago I posted about the resetting issue I had and several of the guys on the forum suggested I get in touch with Chris Hibler for help. Well, I read (online) the pinwiki information about the Williams pb's resetting problem and followed the recipe steps for checking the easy things first prior to looking into the more involved things, and I discovered that my only problem was that the screws holding down the Power Driver Board were not tightened sufficiently tight. This board is grounded at the hold-down screw locations and tight screws are necessary. I had already started a conversation (about the resetting problem) with C. Hibler and told him I solved the problem by following the steps on Pinwiki, and his response was that he was surprised that someone actually read the Pinwiki information on this subject - he was the author of that section on Pinwiki. In further discussions with Chris he suggested that I send him the CPU board where he could install a NVRAM as well as make a few other upgrades. I did this and I'm now a happy pb player of The Getaway.[quoted image]

Hmmm. I'll check that first before I go straight into eyestrain mode installing the chip.

2 weeks later
#13281 7 months ago

Been using the L5-C rom a few days now. Seems like the way to go. Nice to have a usable ball save. Haven't seen any multiball or other bugs so far. RTRL is there. More variables around how the supercharger scores than what I had before but seems to be some logic to it that I am learning. Can't compare to L2, been way too many years. Better than L5.

#13283 7 months ago

As discussed above. Possibly the Soren rom. No official confirmation on that. All changes are documented with the rom file on VPUniverse.

1 week later
#13309 6 months ago

I'm out of town but from memory. It does NOT say L5C on startup. It does have RTRL though.

#13335 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

You're saying the one you sent me should have RtRL?.... because that's the one timberlake is using

Played last night. RTRL just flashed for like a couple seconds then disappeared. That sucks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Trade
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pkrobin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=pkrobin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.