pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 147.
#3501 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Did i miss it? How do they not have a gameplay stream or video? Now we will get a bunch of crappy phone video plays.

https://www.youtube.com/live/cc7tnZw75e8?feature=share

Edit: game is currently being unboxed (9:44am PST)

#3502 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Personally, I can't seem to connect with the street art and comic aesthetics, and the FF vibe.

What street do you live on?

#3503 1 year ago

My houdini has Balcer and Kugler's signature. All I did was request it through my distributor and he got AP to get them to sign it before the game was boxed.

My guess is the only person who cared about their signature was David Fix, not sure I've see an executives name on so many promotional pieces, actually, we have, Robert Mueller, he was also putting his name in big print on the backglass, and other stuff.

But my question is, if they are putting these actors front and center why are they not signing the games? I want Kerri's signature and to take photos with her, not David Fix.

Also a bit concerning, is there are no animators signing the apron -- does that mean there are no animations? They did show a tank moving around, so I assume there are some, how come they are not signing the games?

No actors, no animators, no Rosh -- I'm out on the signature model (not that I was ever in on it)

#3504 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

https://www.youtube.com/live/cc7tnZw75e8?feature=share
Edit: game is currently being unboxed (9:44am PST)

So they will unbox and then show play? Is this with an actual camera and lighting or just adhoc phone video?

#3505 1 year ago

Those flat legs are interesting. Probably required for the tank treads on the CE's to sit flush with the cab, but they give the appearance of being less stable without the normal bow that we're used to on modern games. I'm sure they did the calculations, but it just looks like these won't like slide saves as a top-heavy item being pushed normal into the metal leg without any leg angle to push back.

#3506 1 year ago

So they haven't even UNBOXED the fucking machine yet at TPF? Wow just wow!

#3507 1 year ago

Cary mentioned there was a professional crew filming something on the other side of the room that we are not allowed to see until 5 pm. Perhaps we get we get a gameplay video then? It's like pulling teeth to get this information.

#3508 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

So they will unbox and then show play? Is this with an actual camera and lighting or just adhoc phone video?

I have no idea, go in chat and ask them.

#3509 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Can't believe I'm saying this but Plotnik is my favorite character so far

You'd probably be welcomed to join Fatsquatch for a meal

#3510 1 year ago
Quoted from Spectreman:

Cary mentioned there was a professional crew filming something on the other side of the room that we are not allowed to see until 5 pm. Perhaps we get we get a gameplay video then? It's like pulling teeth to get this information.

Yeah, it’s frustrating. Watching the unboxing now. AP dropped the ball on this reveal. I don’t get it. I would have bought it a week ago but now my money went else where. If it’s kick ass I’ll sell something

#3511 1 year ago
Quoted from Spectreman:

That's the vibe I'm getting. They keep saying 5pm. Pulling teeth is a good analogy, people in chat have been asking for gameplay and Cary has ignored it every time which tells me it ain't happening on this stream.

#3512 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Can't believe I'm saying this but Plotnik is my favorite character so far

You haven't even made him your avatar so you must not be a true fan

#3513 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

I have no idea, go in chat and ask them.

I just asked

#3514 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

You haven't even made him your avatar so you must not be a true fan

Man, your avatar makes its so difficult to take you seriously. ha ha ha

#3515 1 year ago

Cary said later this afternoon but he will flip a game once setup.

#3516 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Cary said later this afternoon

Cool thanks!

#3517 1 year ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

So they haven't even UNBOXED the fucking machine yet at TPF? Wow just wow!

What kind of marketing sorcery is this?!?

#3518 1 year ago

I didn't know the tank treads lit up. Now I may be in!

#3519 1 year ago

It's the Galactic Future !!

#3520 1 year ago

Oh man. Looks like a hot girl comes out of the tank on the playfield.

Edit: Nevermind its a robot....

#3521 1 year ago

Those sculpts look really low quality, like they should at least be painted.

#3522 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Those sculpts look really low quality, like they should at least be painted.

yeah i think they were going for 'metal' but...that's not how it looks, they just look like unpainted grey. Needs some aging/shadowing/color...SOMETHING. Maybe since this is a proto they haven't yet.

#3523 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Says the man who sells his flipper cooling system with parts made with a 3d printer and other stuff too. Charges way too much. How about selling your bracketes for $5 each and people who are tech savvy like me can install our own fans?

This seems obvious to me, but here goes:

$9,000 > $130. $11,000>$130. $17,500 > $130. This is a pretty simple thing to understand. And the fan brackets in the plug-and-play kits I innovated are UNDER the playfield, not part of the game on top. When I later added the amazing ZEN cooling brackets as a higher-end option in the line, some people complained that they look TOO GOOD. Exhibit A for "you can't please everyone." I'm all about DIY - plenty of people that don't want all-in-one plug and play kits have printed their own. You can, too, if you don't need a quiet plug and play option. I certainly am not stopping you.

Also, one-off 3D printed items like my Maiden 3D anubis are fine for ONE part, when it wasn't offered by the manufacturer. You can't do a mold of those because there aren't enough sold to amortize a large mold fee upfront. The POINT is if AP's sales are as robust as they say, they would be able to do molds for the sculpts and amortize that as a manufacturer. The fact that they CAN'T is a another data point for poor sales.

#3524 1 year ago

Live video is way less terrible to me on actual game…just quickly flashes, usually in the corner from what they’ve shown so far. I really don’t like the light bars running on both sides of machine…not sure why they didn’t do it like Stern or JJP expression lighting.

#3525 1 year ago

Wow. Watched some of the stream setting up at TPF. Lots of little hardware to put the Turret on and it's basically hollow plastic. Dennis confirmed what we have figured out at this point, the cabinet does nothing special except look like a tank. When the head is up all you see is the end of the gun barrel above the head. Certainly not a topper to write home about. I just can't imagine what they were thinking?

Looking at it, the turret sure looks a lot taller than the 9 inch gap I measured behind backboxes on modern games. If the hollow plastic turret hits first when the game is pushed up against the wall, it will smash instantly. Looking at the pictures, it actually looks like the tank treads purposely stick out in the back so they will hit first. If that is the case, will they hit above the baseboard in most game rooms? I push my games back all the way until the footies hit the baseboard. I don't want any games smashing directly into the painted drywall! Definitely need to see pictures from TPF of an LE against the wall!

I mentioned before that a week ago I was on the fence between an LE and the Deluxe. LE has turned out to be a disaster IMHO. I'm glad other people seem to like it, but 0.00% chance I am buying an LE now. The tank stuff is useless and the Deluxe has far better cabinet art and colors. The Deluxe will be built last, so plenty of time to decide there after seeing A LOT more game play.

#3526 1 year ago

They're actually playing it right now on Cary's youtube channel. Video quality isn't great and hard to hear but at least we're seeing a little gameplay

It looks fun, not digging that music though. Why dubstep?? 50's sci-fi would have really enhanced the theme

#3527 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This seems obvious to me, but here goes:
$9,000 > $130. $11,000>$130. $17,500 > $130. This is a pretty simple thing to understand. And the fan brackets I sell are UNDER the playfield, not part of the game on top. When I added the amazing ZEN cooling brackets as a higher-end option, some people complained that they look TOO GOOD. Exhibit A for "you can't please everyone." I'm all about DIY - plenty of people that don't want all-in-one plug and play kits have printed their own. You can, too, if you don't need plug and play option. I certainly am not stopping you.

Just to be clear this illustration justifies excessive markups due to the high price of the product being upgraded?

I guess now I know why dealers charge so much for an oil change…

#3528 1 year ago

I love the look of the cabinet but not a fan of the Pin Stadium style lighting AT ALL.

I"m going to take for granted they could be removed?

#3529 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, it’s frustrating. Watching the unboxing now. AP dropped the ball on this reveal. I don’t get it. I would have bought it a week ago but now my money went else where. If it’s kick ass I’ll sell something

Haha. Lmao

We are gonna go from “wtf these mfers dropped the ball, Fix sucks and should fired, Nordman is an idiot”, to

TAKE MY MONEY NOW at 5 pm!!!

#3530 1 year ago

This is terrible. They haven't shown gameplay footage, but this awful live video they're ok with?

#3531 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

This is terrible. They haven't shown gameplay footage, but this awful live video they're ok with?

Yeah... really can't tell much but I appreciate the effort by Cary and team. However, at this point I am very likely out on this one. But will hold final decision until "real" gameplay is shown...

#3532 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

How the F are we gonna survive this travesty!!! The horror of it all. Just don’t know

#3533 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Haha. Lmao
We are gonna go from “wtf these mfers dropped the ball, Fix sucks and should fired, Nordman is an idiot”, to
TAKE MY MONEY NOW at 5 pm!!!

They did drop the ball on this reveal but that doesn’t mean the game won’t be awesome. Why would that stop someone from buying it? A flawless Reveal doesn’t equal an awesome pin. Just like a game play stream doesn’t show it it’s great or not. I’ll want to flip it or talk to folks who have and will sell something if it’s awesome

#3534 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Yeah... really can't tell much but I appreciate the effort by Cary and team. However, at this point I am very likely out on this one. But will hold final decision until "real" gameplay is shown...

Translation. There’s a chance you MIGHT in once the real gameplay is shown? Well that makes sense!

Keep ‘em coming fellas

Jk and having some fun before the launch of the decade at 5 pm

#3535 1 year ago

this Cary stream is just another miss-step in the rollout, so they held off showing us game play, but then have him stream this where we don't really get to see the game play in a quality way.

#3537 1 year ago

The stream footage is the best thing we’ve seen so far, WHY would they not have done this themselves? Gameplay looks good but that “GET TO THE LAAAB!” was a callout. Dubstep music similar to TNA (hard to hear tho)

#3538 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

They did drop the ball on this reveal but that doesn’t mean the game won’t be awesome. Why would that stop someone from buying it? A flawless Reveal doesn’t equal an awesome pin. Just like a game play stream doesn’t show it it’s great or not. I’ll want to flip it or talk to folks who have and will sell something if it’s awesome

Well, I think...the bigger point is. Do you want me to buy the game before I play it, or do you want me to hmm haw around about if I want it until I play it - which AP are kinda rare out in the wild. At this point. Still not sold.

#3539 1 year ago
Quoted from spoke:

this Cary stream is just another miss-step in the rollout, so they held off showing us game play, but then have him stream this where we don't really get to see the game play in a quality way.

I'm with you but at the same time I'm glad Cary got in there and at least showed us something. Supposedly we'll get proper footage of this thing later today. Not sure when though....

#3540 1 year ago

Dubstep, LOL. Tell me you don't know what you're doing without telling me you don't know what you're doing.

#3541 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How the F are we gonna survive this travesty!!! The horror of it all. Just don’t know

lol

#3542 1 year ago

Observations from Cary’s live stream:
-Dubstep music confirmed. Not constant however.
-Ice cream truck jingle and Theremin sounds associated with Cow/UFO swinging target
-Center stand up targets inflict damage on enemy tank and have different hit values based on the accuracy of your shot.
-Collecting all methane from surrounding red post targets will unlock one “shot, one kill to the tank”.
-If all tanks are defeated with “one shot” style kill, a wizard mode is unlocked (reward similar to Big Buck Hunter)
-Defensive shield pop up disc automatically raises after a center tank hit to prevent SDTM deflection drains.
-Nordman 3000 robot lifts from inside enemy tank to taunt, etc.
-Color changing pop bumper caps indicate progress in a meltdown type mode.

#3543 1 year ago
Quoted from THEFOZ:

Dubstep music similar to TNA (hard to hear tho)

Nothing screams campy 50s sci-fi like dubstep! I actually didn't mind the actors during gameplay since they only seem to pop up occasionally. But after a couple minutes I was already sick of that dubstep beat. I hope there's some variety, or maybe you can turn off the music.

#3544 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Why dubstep??

Most complaints in the thread are overblown to me, but this would really bug me if it's very prevalent in the game.

#3545 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yes! Makes sense.

Like I said, Bond reveal was worst in history, people love the 60th and my LE is great, new code and gonna be a winna winna.

The Foo and PF excellent reveals covered up a lot of flaws.

Getting a PF because I’m in love with alphanumeric displays.

Foo? Aerosmith 2.0. Nothing new and NOTHING in it. The art is covering up a lot. You love Foo ok great. But it is what it is

Thus, give me something NEW, FRESH and DIFFERENT.

Something I can laugh at, with and make me smile while playing and pounding some beers.

Tired of the same old mashed up “flow monsters”.

#3546 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well, I think...the bigger point is. Do you want me to buy the game before I play it, or do you want me to hmm haw around about if I want it until I play it - which AP are kinda rare out in the wild. At this point. Still not sold.

Yeah, i agree, definitely missed sales with how they did it. I do have folks I know down there so at this point that’s my plan is to ask how it played

#3547 1 year ago

Also Fix said that after the API seminar at TPF they hope to get Steve Bowden playing on a live stream. Didn’t sound convincing though.

#3548 1 year ago
Quoted from spoke:

Yeeeeaaah.....I'm not sure this stream is doing AP any favors. I just don't understand some of the decisions they make including this one.

#3549 1 year ago

Mostly I'm disappointed to learn that Vegas is boring these days.

#3550 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes! Makes sense.
Like I said, Bond reveal was worst in history, people love the 60th and my LE is great, new code and gonna be a winna winna.
The Foo and PF excellent reveals covered up a lot of flaws.
Getting a PF because I’m in love with alphanumeric displays.
Foo? Aerosmith 2.0. Nothing new and NOTHING in it. The art is covering up a lot. You love Foo ok great. But it is what it is
Thus, give me something NEW, FRESH and DIFFERENT.
Something I can laugh at, with and make me smile while playing and pounding some beers.
Tired of the same old mashed up “flow monsters”.

You are dellusional. Please someone save this post as exhibit A when you explain buyer bias.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.