(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,903 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 minutes ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,903 posts in this topic. You are on page 480 of 499.
#23951 5 months ago
Quoted from BMGfan:

Anybody have recommendations for board repairs in Canada?
I've got two early Sys11 boards (high speed and road kings). I want to send out. One (high speed) I know is intermittently locking a coil on (all coils checked, soldered, and new diodes installed).
Someone jacked up the board in the past. Half the traces in the special solonoid section is gone. I swapped out the drive and pre drive transistors, swapped out the 7402, and confirmed it was working as expected. I did my best with the garbage hacked up board that was there, but I'm not a pin board expert, I don't have any test fixtures, and don't really want to build them up for one board.
The other one is out of a game I just got, I know the game works, but it's an unknown quantity, just want to get it checked out.
Willing to ship it across the border, but prefer not to.

I had my HS board repaired by these guys. No complaints and priced well.

https://g.co/kgs/b8pi7M

#23952 5 months ago
Quoted from BMGfan:

I've got two early Sys11 boards (high speed and road kings). I want to send out. One (high speed) I know is intermittently locking a coil on (all coils checked, soldered, and new diodes installed).
Someone jacked up the board in the past. Half the traces in the special solonoid section is gone. I swapped out the drive and pre drive transistors, swapped out the 7402, and confirmed it was working as expected. I did my best with the garbage hacked up board that was there, but I'm not a pin board expert, I don't have any test fixtures, and don't really want to build them up for one board.
The other one is out of a game I just got, I know the game works, but it's an unknown quantity, just want to get it checked out.

https://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/board-repairs-coming-soon-nov-1st-tommy-pinball.13419/

Apparently this guy has a good reputation.

#23953 5 months ago

yes can vouch for this guy name is brent , good work

#23954 5 months ago

Another voucher for Brent Butler here.

#23955 5 months ago

Another voucher for Brent here as well.

#23956 5 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

Apparently this guy has a good reputation.

very good work done by him , quick turn around as well !

#23957 5 months ago
Quoted from BMGfan:

I’ve had great success with Dimitri in Calgary. Don’t remember his pinside name but pm me and I’ll see if I can find his info

#23958 5 months ago

One more for Brent. Fixed a board that has battery damage.

#23959 5 months ago

Awesome! Thanks so much folks!

#23960 5 months ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Also found some Star Wars art blades (bought them for my Premium and used 2 of them). I have # 1, 3, 5 and 6 available (from top to bottom):
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/star-wars-art-blades-set-of-6
They are free as well and would be nice to send a set of 2 to a couple of Pinsiders that could use them (I can ship these so if you pay for the shipping that works for me or you can also stop by to pick them up).
Edit: both pairs of art blades have been spoken for. Thanks for asking about them!

Received them today! Thank you so much! Will maybe get to installing them this weekend.

#23961 5 months ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Also found some Star Wars art blades (bought them for my Premium and used 2 of them). I have # 1, 3, 5 and 6 available (from top to bottom):
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/star-wars-art-blades-set-of-6
They are free as well and would be nice to send a set of 2 to a couple of Pinsiders that could use them (I can ship these so if you pay for the shipping that works for me or you can also stop by to pick them up).
Edit: both pairs of art blades have been spoken for. Thanks for asking about them!

Received mine today as well, thank you.

#23962 5 months ago

Nice to hear they made it there, that didn’t take too long!

#23963 5 months ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Nice to hear they made it there, that didn’t take too long!

I was expecting next week myself.

#23964 5 months ago

I once had Brett flat tate me a price for all my boards in Alien Poker.
Fast turnaround.

#23965 5 months ago

Hey guys, looking to get thoughts on doing a hard top. I’m debating getting a hard top for my F14. Wondering if they’re worth the cost and if they hold up long-term. But also wondering if anyone else is considering it also. Perhaps we could go together and save some shipping to Canada

#23966 5 months ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Hey guys, looking to get thoughts on doing a hard top. I’m debating getting a hard top f

Personal taste would be a new playfield!

#23967 5 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Personal taste would be a new playfield!

A new playfield would almost be 50% of what I paid for the game. It’s just not worth it on a title like this.

#23968 5 months ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Hey guys, looking to get thoughts on doing a hard top. I’m debating getting a hard top for my F14. Wondering if they’re worth the cost and if they hold up long-term. But also wondering if anyone else is considering it also. Perhaps we could go together and save some shipping to Canada

I just got a high speed with a hard top. I like it. The game definitely plays more like a DMD game, but I like it. It's faster and the ball skates more.

I like that the art will never be worn through in my life time either.

#23969 5 months ago

I did a hardtop on a Frontier… it was way easier that a playfield swap and also kind of fun!
I say go for it!
I wrote about it here… https://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?p=205603&hilit=Shirtless#p205603

#23970 5 months ago

What's a like new Star Trek LE worth these days?

#23971 5 months ago

My advice to everyone is to never be afraid of doing a playfield swap. If you suck at soldering, you'll get better. If you don't understand all the wiring, you'll learn it. If you are worried about fucking something up, you will, and then you'll learn how to fix it and learn how not to fuck it up in the future (but fuck it up it anyways because your memory has gone to shit along with your back). It's really not as intimidating as it might seem.

#23972 5 months ago

I’ve been on the fence about doing a playfield swap on my Diner. More the cost than the work. It bugs the shit out of me that CPR is Canadian and yet sets their prices in USD so when you select Canadian it has to factor in the exchange rate. C’mon, just tell me what the set price is on our side of the border and I’ll make my decision. We already get hosed enough on parts when buying from the US and now we’re get hosed on parts already in Canada but their prices aren’t. Ugh! lol

#23973 5 months ago

Unless the game you’ve got is a keeper or you paid well under market value for the base game I wouldn’t do a swap with the goal of making money. You will likely end up in the red after a swap. So if resale is a factor and your playfield is truly roached take a long look at Hardtops, your loss is likely to be a lot less.

Now if you’ve got really good restoration skills and you go all out with a perfect cab and back glass you can elevate your game into a ‘fully restored’ one maybe you can make money… but a swapped playfield does not equal “fully restored” and no one will pay you for your time to do the “restore”. Things to consider.

#23974 5 months ago

You will never get you money back on a playfield swap you are better to buy the playfield and sell it with the game IMO and get some sucker like me to do the work when I buy it lol…

Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I’ve been on the fence about doing a playfield swap on my Diner. More the cost than the work. It bugs the shit out of me that CPR is Canadian and yet sets their prices in USD so when you select Canadian it has to factor in the exchange rate. C’mon, just tell me what the set price is on our side of the border and I’ll make my decision. We already get hosed enough on parts when buying from the US and now we’re get hosed on parts already in Canada but their prices aren’t. Ugh! lol

#23975 5 months ago

The playfield is just the biggest piece.
There is still the other upgrades to the 80s target banks, LEDs, mods, etc.

#23976 5 months ago

I'd really love to do a playfield swap on my Class of 1812 but I doubt anyone is going to ever make repros of it since it's such a low number game. Not much chance to recoup costs.

#23977 5 months ago

Agreed on playfield swaps being "bad investments" if you are looking to sell your game one day and get back everything you put in it. Unless you find a trashed Attack from Mars or similar for next to nothing and the new playfield brings it back to life.

Diner is one of the four games I played a lot as a kid and had to have in my collection. Now it's there and it'll stay in the collection. It was the only one of the four with a Diamond Plate playfield and some of the Mylar has bubbled up considerably. It's in otherwise fnatastic shape, so I'm still considering the PF swap as it ups the value to me substantially.

I need to MacGyver myself up some kind of Pin-tisserie thing though before I get started.

#23978 5 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

playfield swap on my Class of 1812

Mirco was to do one years ago but nothing so far. Maybe its a title fantastic pinball could take on?

#23979 5 months ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

My advice to everyone is to never be afraid of doing a playfield swap. If you suck at soldering, you'll get better. If you don't understand all the wiring, you'll learn it. If you are worried about fucking something up, you will, and then you'll learn how to fix it and learn how not to fuck it up in the future (but fuck it up it anyways because your memory has gone to shit along with your back). It's really not as intimidating as it might seem.

You win best comment of the day award. Pm me your address and I’ll send you some Bally Williams restoration stickers for your judge dredd !

While I understand some of the pushback sometimes it’s just more cost effective. Always good to have a backup / learn. I can’t count the many times I screwed up and learn hos to fix things. You learn by your mistakes

#23980 5 months ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Mirco was to do one years ago but nothing so far. Maybe its a title fantastic pinball could take on?

Huh, I hadn't heard that. I know it took him 3 years to make the repro of Dragonfist so maybe he's still working on it.

I'd be wary to get one from Mirco with all the issues his playfields seem to have and his lack of servicing people who get bad ones, but I'd probably still bite the bullet and give it a try since it's the only option out there. I love the game but my playfield is pretty rough.

#23981 5 months ago

I am looking at a Freddy in Kingston. Anyone know a Phillip from there?

Thanks

#23982 5 months ago
Quoted from algrande:

I am looking at a Freddy in Kingston. Anyone know a Phillip from there?
Thanks

I knew of one in Whitby but have not seen one for sale in Kingston.

#23983 5 months ago

Figured id post this here at least once. Anyone that bumps my black friday s sales thread is eligible to win a pinball hockey jersey. Waht's more Canadian than hockey....

TODAY'S CODES (DAY 6)
50% OFF - TBM4-6UT1-6EU5-WZWS(limit 1)
35% OFF - 984R-RKYX-NSN7-4G9R (limit 2)
25% OFF - E4FK-FYGN-HX3Q-CVQR

You can use the codes on everything in the store.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1054-flashinstinct/all

Don't forget to bump this thread below for a chance to win a Jersey *no purchase necessary*
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-friday-target-decal-sale-stars-now-win-a-jersey

#23984 5 months ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Figured id post this here at least once. Anyone that bumps my black friday s sales thread is eligible to win a pinball hockey jersey. Waht's more Canadian than hockey....
TODAY'S CODES (DAY 6)
Don't forget to bump this thread below for a chance to win a Jersey *no purchase necessary*
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-friday-target-decal-sale-stars-now-win-a-jersey

That’s awesome man!

Trying to make an order. Store looks great.

#23985 5 months ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

TODAY'S CODES (DAY 6)

Great deal here guys store looks great too

#23986 5 months ago
Quoted from roar:

Unless the game you’ve got is a keeper or you paid well under market value for the base game I wouldn’t do a swap with the goal of making money. You will likely end up in the red after a swap. So if resale is a factor and your playfield is truly roached take a long look at Hardtops, your loss is likely to be a lot less.
Now if you’ve got really good restoration skills and you go all out with a perfect cab and back glass you can elevate your game into a ‘fully restored’ one maybe you can make money… but a swapped playfield does not equal “fully restored” and no one will pay you for your time to do the “restore”. Things to consider.

I’m not so worried about making money on a sale. More so just wanting to invest a reasonable amount. Dumping probably $1500 in to a game that might be at best, worth $3500 doesn’t make sense when the game plays 100% today.

#23987 5 months ago
Quoted from MASZ76:

Have a StarWars Pro
Like new condition. No playfield wear or
damage. Plays like new.
Has following mods:
Glow in the Dark Titans
Cliffys installed
Art Blades & Bezel on mini screen
Shaker Motor
Custom metal lane covers
Plastic Protectors
Slave 1 and Millenuim Falcon toy mod
Custom light baffles under playfield.
Custom apron cards.
Magnet speaker cover and lock bar magnet.
Willing to ship.
Feel free to DM for any further inquires.
It’s listed on Kijiji Edmonton/Pin Rev with pictures/price.

Game is sold.

#23988 5 months ago
Quoted from MASZ76:

Game is sold.

Nice. Hopefully mine follows suit

#23989 5 months ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Haha, I feel this comment

#23990 5 months ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Haha, I feel this comment

In your lower back? lol

#23991 5 months ago

Does anyone live in Kingston? I need a pin checked out. Dan will pay

#23992 5 months ago
Quoted from algrande:

lol, you’re funny.

#23993 5 months ago

Looks like Cineplex sold Player One, are they going to sell themselves soon too? I remember they tried to sell in 2019 but the deal fell through.

#23994 5 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Looks like Cineplex sold Player One, are they going to sell themselves soon too? I remember they tried to sell in 2019 but the deal fell through.

Yeah I'm interested to see how this pans out. My guess is the company who purchased them will end up hacking it to bits and selling parts off but there's a chance they actually want to dive into this market and we could see an improvement in the Canadian arcade landscape.

#23995 5 months ago

I wouldn't mind seeing their parts website improve under new owners...

#23996 5 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

Yeah I'm interested to see how this pans out. My guess is the company who purchased them will end up hacking it to bits and selling parts off but there's a chance they actually want to dive into this market and we could see an improvement in the Canadian arcade landscape.

Not much to hack and that doesn't really make sense. Private equity usually sees opportunity to improve the business and then sell at a profit.

I expect to see a much more vibrant business - dare I say a more retail and customer friendly business - going forward.

Quoted from algrande:

I'm originally from Kingston, will be down there in December if it's no rush. PM me.

#23997 5 months ago

130 Mil is an investment.

I look forward to things to come.

#23998 5 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

130 Mil is an investment.

Pinball is not an investment!

#23999 5 months ago

Probably won’t make much difference to us consumers. Things will stay the same or they will exit pinball and nitro will still serve us.

#24000 5 months ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Probably won’t make much difference to us consumers. Things will stay the same or they will exit pinball and nitro will still serve us.

For us on the East Coast it will make a difference if they exit the pinball market. The shipping cost for Alien was 650 US at Nitro...

Nitro also have cc charges where P1 does not.

There are 24,903 posts in this topic. You are on page 480 of 499.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/480 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.