(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19474 2 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Looking for Goldeneye ,Popeye ,STTNG ,TAF ,LOTR

I have a very nice STTNG going up for sale in the next week or two if you are interested. I've PM'd you also.

#19483 2 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

How many moneys for the sttng?

I would like to get $7900

#19513 2 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

How many moneys for the sttng?

STTNG sold last night

1 week later
#19542 2 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

If anyone has an Iron Maiden Pro or Premium they're looking to sell PM me. In Ottawa and will travel a couple hours for the right deal.

So hard to find. No one sells these..

1 week later
#19616 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Getaway sold ..
No Fear pending
Thanks all ....

Congrats

No Fear is a fun game

#19633 2 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Have either of you talked to distributors about when the next LZ run is? Just curious

I don't think they will make LZ again

#19644 2 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:Buying from the U.S. is different. Shipping tends to be more expensive, the exchange rate is hot garbage right now, you have to find and pay a broker, and do a bunch of paperwork.

I know a couple of guys that bring pins in and it's not bad and prices can be very good. The current FX rate is actually decent at 80cents. Average long term is 75 cents.

NIB has tax anyway and several distributors will send to Niagara NY for $0 shipping so if you aren't far from the border you can easily pick up and bring home. Tax on used pins definitely sucks though.

#19719 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:There's only 3 countries in the world that use the imperial system. America, Myanmar and the country I was was conceived in, Liberia

I see the imperial system lots in Canada - construction is all imperial and meat is always sold in lbs. TVs are all in inches. All our scales are in lbs.

I personally don't care for metric but you have to know it.

#19722 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Things like TV's and other products is just because of North American marketing which is predominantly for US consumers. If you think in imperial in Canada it is because you are old. If I asked my kids height or weight they would answer in cm and kilos. I can tell them in imperial but they are just converting in their heads to how they think which is metric. When it comes to food they would measure everything in grams and ml. The whole cup, spoon, ounce is nonsense to them. They don't even drink in ounces they don't by a 26 they buy a 750 and a shot is 50. Well I guess that would be a double.

Depends on how your kids are brought up.

My son (16) cooks and does so interchangeably (metric and imperial). He also builds his wood projects in imperial and weighs in lbs. He uses his phone to convert.

#19724 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Well my mine were brought up at public school they are in university now but imperial would fall heavily into boomerville to them. Imperial has a negative or inferior stigma associated with it.

Don't see it that way. Living next to the U.S. some imperial is just a fact of life unless teachers add that stigma.

Whatever - back to pinball

1 week later
#19799 1 year ago

LW3 is a great game - I love mine

#19837 1 year ago
Quoted from allicks:

Mandalorian Premium HUO for sale $12k obo. Under 400 plays. Have a pin box so can ship if necessary. Only mod is the shaker.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/calgary/stern-mandalorian-premium-pinball-machine-huo/1616381487

Good price!

#19869 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

P1 may have a DP pro available. I got the email but declined.

As far as I know they go down their wait list until someone takes it. I'm on the DP pro list but way down so I'm sure I couldn't get it. Wish I had known, would have happily bought your machine offered.

#19878 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

HUO Led Zeppelin premium for sale. Cliffy protector set and shaker motor. 12,000 OBO.
Goody bag unopened and stapled in machine.

Great game. Just bought and I love it!

#19902 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

the party is over, cost of living is up, interest rates rising. We are going through the remnants of chain supply issues, once that is caught up, we go back to reality...
There is no pinflation other than a 'want it now' cost created by chain supply issues and people taking advantage of it...
Add to this, people that entered the hobby 24 months ago with more disposable income than they have today when gas was 1 dollar, food was cheaper and interested rates were low... We are soon to see all these pins flooding the market when things get a little tighter, that, and people just abandoning the pinball saga because they are now back to travelling and spending money in other things... some will remain, some will get divorced, lol, some will get more! but I think overall the niche will get smaller.
We still see inflated prices around here but those prices always been unrealistic for our -very small- market.
it is unrealistic really to expect our market matching prices across the border. I have tried it! Pins do not sell at those prices, because if they did, our prices would be actuallymuch higher than what they are there due to the size of our market share and the lack of inventory that we actually have.
After all, we are just a few hundred people buying pins vs thousands in the US... simple as that.
Your mileage might vary.

I think we may see pin prices ease a little (for the reasons you mentioned) but supply shortages will keep them up and the hobby is still growing. I personally know 2 people that just got into the hobby in the last 2 months. I don't know anyone that is leaving.

Market in Canada is tiny and lack of pinball shows and public places to play here keep the market even smaller than it could be. I hope now that Canada is finally opening up we see some machines return to places they were pulled from like movie theaters (more Cineplex theaters had them).

#19933 1 year ago

Just listed a Rolling Stones for sale. $8500
Located in Montreal and can deliver to GTA next week

Machine - For Sale

The Rolling Stones

New!

Fully shopped/refurbished “Stern The Rolling Stones Pinball Machine (2011)
$6000 USD / $8500 CAD

Great playing and looking Rolling Stones freshly shopped.

Can pack and pallet for shipping at buyers cost...”

3 hours ago

Montreal, QC

movingpictures

6,000 (Firm)

Isn't $6000 US about $7600-7700 Canadian?

#19936 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I believe his cad price includes taxes

So if I pay US I pay no tax? That makes no sense.

#19944 1 year ago

Sales in Canada have tax added.
If I ship it outside Canada no tax is charged.
Btw, anyone who sells more than $30,000 a year is required to collect and remit Provincial and Federal tax.
With the prices of games today, that's what, 2-3 games a year?

No one will ever do remit tax for pin sales - government already takes 1/2 of our money.

#19950 1 year ago
Quoted from TBatti:

He is correct. If anyone is buying and selling a lot of pins and is making money (profit) doing so the CRA "may" view this as a business. If you have gross sales over $30K in a year you need to be registered for GST/HST, and charge it/remit it accordingly. Even as an indvidual it is considered self-employment income and the GST/HST rules apply the same as they do to an incorporated business.

He is correct for sure - that's why cash is king.

#19953 1 year ago
Quoted from TBatti:

You do realize the CRA does monitor kijij and sale boards etc. right? Cash or not. Be careful out there kids and ask a CPA if you're ever in doubt on your compliance obligations

Maybe but unless you truly are making bucks reselling pins on a regular basis there is really nothing to worry about.

#19957 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

30k gross sales, not net. Sell 3 at 10k and you're at the limit, like mentioned on previous page

If you think CRA has time to track everyone selling 5 or 6 pins (and the thousands of other items) on Marketplace then I guess.

This combo reminded me of this clip:

Selling pinball, right to shail.. stray uway shail.

LOL

#19974 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

eBay Canada collecting Canadian Sales Tax as of July 1, 2022

Never using that to sell again then.

#19979 1 year ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Forget selling. Will suck to buy on it as well! I am assuming the buyer pays whatever tax would be applicable in the province.
Is this for all items or just new stuff?

Definitely puts Canadian sellers at a disadvantage.

They obviously can't collect from US sellers.

#19983 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

New LE are almost unobtanium because deep pocket buyers buy every one and they get theirs while others probably don't.
Rob

I think you can get from some smaller distros in the US but definitely extremely hard from the 2 Canadian ones.

#19994 1 year ago
Quoted from violinfather:

Anybody have a Stranger Things Premium or LE for sale?

Very hard to find unfortunately.

They should have made some this year, would have sold well.

#20007 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Anyone looking to move a Guardians of the Galaxy anytime soon? Checking before I put a deposit on the new run. Wife is still pissed I traded our first one.

New GOTG pros were added to Sterns production schedule this past week so if you want one - they are coming in September.

#20014 1 year ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

You're right. That's a Pro.

Definitely a pro - it's been for sale for a while.

#20017 1 year ago

"Royal Upgrade" isn't worth $3000+ for most people

#20019 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Where is the stern manufacturing schedule posted that you confirmed new run for GotG in September?

Pre-order
https://nitropinball.com/collections/pinball-machines/products/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pro

Updated schedule from Stern thread:
June 2022 - Mando Premium
June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
July 2022 - Jurassic Park Pro
July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium
Aug 2022 - Led Zeppelin Pro & Premium
Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
Sep 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
Sep 2022 - Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
Oct 2022 - Star Wars Home Edition (original & comic art)
Oct 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
Nov 2022 - Jurassic Park Home Edition
Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

#20023 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

There's a thread dedicated to Stern's build schedule. It's dang informative.

3k?
You mean more like $4500+

To be fair - Many recent Sterns do sell at a premium to new Stern price, especially if they are sought after. That's why I said $3000. I'm sure a good chunk of change and time was put in for those mods also.

#20037 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

No more JP Pre? Or at least in 2022? Were they selling well?

I'm sure they got snapped up.

So many people waiting for a GZ probably grabbed a JP instead. Both fantastic games.

#20043 1 year ago
Quoted from Berserk:

There is a Pro for sale on PinRev

I spoke with Jerry at P1 earlier this week and they are getting a few GZ pins in (probably next week now). I put my order in back in September when it was first announced.... might be a long wait for anyone who didn't place an order in Q4 2021
Love the FF6 avatar btw!

Pro or Premium?

I put in an order Oct/Nov for a pro

#20049 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Led Zepplin is sold. Thanks all!

Congrats!!

#20054 1 year ago
Quoted from Comox-Rocks:

They’re all overhyped nowadays! Lol

It's overhyped yes but it's a good game, can't deny that.

That said they will make so many the prices on secondary will likely drop off nicely in a year or two.

1 week later
#20104 1 year ago
Quoted from Adib:

Looking for any of the following machines
Superman
Popeye saves the world
Godzilla pro
Avengers aiq
Thanks.. happy flippin

NIB AIQs available from NITRO

#20110 1 year ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Not according to their website... just Mando pro/prem and GnR LE in stock
https://nitropinball.com/collections/pinball-machines

Must have sold out... They did have one or 2 a couple of weeks ago.

Timing is everything!

1 week later
#20159 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamonsoff:

I got my Stern OCD board from Comet. LEDOCD doesn’t ship to Canada

Use a cross border shipper like Shippsy.

2 weeks later
#20230 1 year ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

All these local Toronto GnRs TEASING ME.

Love the band but ya same. Its a chunk of cash and I'm just not sure I will love it after watching half a dozen streams.

#20274 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I have never brought a used pin across the border before.
What do they charge?

If you live in Southern Ontario or BC you can use Shippsy to bring pins over from a depot at the border if they can ship in US. It's just HST (plus the $100 fee to bring it up of course).

#20277 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Has anyone used Shippsy to bring a game on a skid across? Interested to hear how you proved it was Made in the USA if an older used game. Thanks.

My buddy has brought 3-4 pins in through Shippsy on skids. It's $100 a skid from Niagara NY to GTA or London ON.

He used to drive down to pick up but for $100 it's way cheaper to do this and they clear customs. I don't think you need to prove it's USA made.

#20280 1 year ago

So you have it shipped to their address at the border and they cross it over for $100 or do they deliver for the $100.

They bring it to one of their 4 depots for pickup only. You pay the taxes and fee ahead of time.

Mississauga, Markham, London ON or Richmond BC
https://shippsy.com/contact-us/locations/

I have used them many times for smaller things or pinball parts that won't ship to Canada. It's fantastic.

#20282 1 year ago

I have used them myself as well, but I have them ship direct to me. These were small items and parts as well.

My understanding was skids were pick up only but I could be wrong. They may facilitate transport to Ottawa for you, probably worth asking.

I'd be curious to hear what they say.

#20292 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

This was awesome. Thank you. Now I just need Shippsy to open up a location in Hamilton!

You're not that far from Mississauga

Quoted from transprtr4u:

never had that luck crossing the border ...

Tax (HST) is not duty. Duty would be on top of taxes and there is no duty on pinball machines. If you were charged that was wrong.

#20296 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

41 minutes with tolls and 57 minutes without tolls. About a 2hr return trip, 100km on the car and gas… not worth it (For me). Put a location in Hamilton that is half all of those things and I think I’d use it.

An hour drive to grab a pinball machine is too far? Ok.

Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

I have a motorcycle/ loading ramp that I put from their loading dock to my (sprinter) van, (like a sloping bridge). My van is quite high so the angle is not bad. I just wheel it across.

I guess for most people it's wise to bring a good dolly and a buddy.

#20328 1 year ago

I've seen this one up for sale before and it didn't sell. Not sure if that means anything.

There was another one in the spring for ~$5500 around Peterborough. It went in a couple of weeks.

#20330 1 year ago
Quoted from Boat:

Friends don’t let friends buy pinball 2000. Your collection is already sweet.

RFM is very fun.

#20341 1 year ago

If it has an LCD it's much easier

#20346 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

you lose the contrast and magic with a LCD display. In order to get it bright enough you end up seeing the grey from the LCD backlighting. CRT is best even with the downside of the weight.
Unless you go OLED I guess…

I dunno. Looked fine with the LCD when I played but I can't remember it in the day so nothing to compare.

1 week later
#20399 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Nitro had a bunch listed about a month ago but sold out quick.

They did - still a very popular game and IP. Pros only though.

#20401 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Yes last run. Led Zep last run also coming up. I would be very surprised if the august run of Star Wars also isn’t the last run. Lots of spike 2 games heading into the sunset soon.

It is the last Star Wars run also yes

#20409 1 year ago

Hey guys

A friend in North Toronto is selling very nice examples of STTNG, No Fear and Congo.

If you have any interest DM me.

1 week later
#20459 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Agreed, for the first time, I feel like there are better deals in Canada than USA.. haha.

A lot of used games sitting and not selling at decent prices too. If I had more room I would have jumped on a couple near me still listed on PinRev.

#20496 1 year ago

Just saw that an hour ago lol

1 week later
#20558 1 year ago
Quoted from Adib:

Looking for stranger things premium. Let me know if you have one and want to sell tia

May have to get in the U.S. to get one of these unicorns.

#20561 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Nitro has SW Pro/Prem in stock.

I played SW Pro for the first time last week (I never see this game anywhere).

Pretty fun game but it's not easy.

#20566 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

It's the last day of August guys! Fall is upon us. Where's the activity? Do you guys not like switching up your lineups? So slow right now....

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Used market is softer than it was even just a few months ago. Definitely way softer than a year ago. NIB market keeps getting more expensive. Folks that got in the hobby during COVID thinking it would never cost them anything since they would always make a profit are reluctant to sell for less than they paid, which is pretty insane if you think about it. Expecting used items to be worth more than new is somewhat crazy. While the global situation made it happen for a while it's not sustainable in any reality.
So with the current inflation situation folks have less free cash to throw at updating the lineup would be my guess.
If you want a good laugh at ridiculous asking prices (that don't sell obviously) go check out MAACA or Pinrev.

I have sold 1 and bought 3 pins this year. More buys than I should have!

Used market may continue to soften. Cost of living and a weaker economy trends could continue.

If the ridiculous pricing and flipping disappears because of this, at least thats a good thing.

#20587 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:Deleted post

Don't do it. That is a great collection!

Quoted from Meegis:

Market has softened, lots of new games on the horizon, lots of people still waiting on backorder deposited games and too many sellers still trying to cash in high.
If your game hasn't sold in weeks/months, there's a reason. Lately, price is the factor.
I'm mulling over a purchase right now, but with a stern release imminent, I'm holding my cards before taking a plunge.

All correct. New game supply is decent right now, especially in the US. Games in stock has not been a thing for a while!

#20653 1 year ago

If people ask too much money you will see the price cuts to follow. It's happening more than ever on PinRev.

1 week later
#20744 1 year ago

I've bought 3 games shipped also - never an issue or a scuff.

#20765 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Also bought 3 shipped and while none ever got damaged in transit, all 3 were a disappointment to some extent. They all had had flaws/issues not disclosed or not shown in the pre-purchase pics. I am not likely to do that again. YMMV.

You definitely have to be careful - I only bought from somewhat known PinRev members.

Always some risk without seeing so always some luck also.

#20827 1 year ago

Who here would be so kind in sending me some lessons learned after importing a game through Buffalo NY.
Seller says he has used shippsy recently for another Canadian pinhead.
I also remember a recent convo about shippsy in this thread that I will try to search for later today but was hoping that someone could reach out to me to explain the nitty gritty.
I have experience importing a game but it is always good to hear to other experiences as well.
Anyway… thanks in advance.

My buddy had imported a few pins using Shippsy. Open an account (3 minutes) and you will get a box number. Ship to that box and you get an email when it arrives in Niagara Falls NY. Submit a receipt and they will charge you HST plus $100 to clear and move to Mississauga or Markham pick up depots. Very straight forward.

Quoted from guard:

That JP is a scam....found the pics on Pinside. Sent 2 reports to Kijiji and also made 2 ads telling folks it was a scam and they pulled them down.

So obviously a scam. The text on these ads is almost the same and almost always "HUO" lol.

#20841 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Premature but my Stranger Things Premium will be hitting the market in a week. After my LE is secured and in my home.
Last ones to sell have been $15k usd. So not interested in lowball offers.
1st owner, mint, HUO, topper, powder coated, lollipop rails, speaker lights, UV kit, shaker etc.
Stay tuned.

Damn I want one but I can't justify $15 USD. You're so close too.

#20846 1 year ago

hehe, back then distros had piles of these and nobody wanted them. The premiums had lots of issues with the tk lock mech and they stopped production December 2020 (more or less) because of it being almost impossible to dial in reliably in some games. My dial-in debacle with this game is well documented in the St things thread. Took me a long while to dial it in so I can see why Stern decided to stop production. Mine required the left ramp to be repositioned by 2 mm.
I sold mine while pointing out the fact that these were being phased out and nobody believed me: NAH I will not pay you MSRP, I will get one new....
Of course this what a rumour and never confirmed officially by Stern but it turned out to be true. The Premium was then taken out of production unofficially much earlier than the Pro - only certain distros knew - which did have one last run recently I believe.
My game did sell for MSRP, butdid not sell right away, and it has jumped and gone to 4 different owners after me. I know where it is now
I don't miss the game at all, not sure what is the whole hype about but must be related to the success of the latest season, which is not included in the game at all of course as it was released a few years prior. Unfortunately the game would have resulted in a much cooler and complete theme if it was released now...
anyway...
Who has a game for sale?

I have only played the pro a while back but I know the latest code is very decent.

It's ok - not a rush to get one. I just bought Ghostbusters in August LOL. I need to pay some university bills this month.

#20857 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I just keep on looking at these Stranger Things Premiums and could have purchased NIB for $10,500 and now they have artificially blown up in value. Meanwhile we purchased a Hot Wheels instead, it will forever haunt me lol…

That's tuff for sure. Stranger Things became a good game much like Deadpool. Stern has the best coders in the business so even duds can later become superstars, especially after production ends.

1 week later
#20907 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Alright… who bought that TWD in Hamilton today? $8k was going to have a look at it.

That couldn't be a real ad? Looked fake.

#20914 1 year ago

Someone didn't know what they had

Wow. My buddy and I both thought it was fake as no info. Looked like a new FB profile too.

Amazing deal.

#20931 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

You are going to start seeing quite a lot of machines that are priced out of most peoples pockets. Too many people like me joined the ownership club during COVID we way over paid and most will fall out of the hobby. They won’t lose the money they invested (really bad investment!) in the machines they bought. So they won’t sell and let them rot in a garage or shed. I know I’m here for quite a while now. Not all are though. I’ve been finding so many machines lately that are worth $1000 or less for sale at $2500 firm.

Not so sure about that. Maybe some people will leave the hobby but it's not your average bear that spends thousands of dollars on a machine, and most people who do have big homes and decent incomes. Certainly if you make $200K and really did want to dump a machine, you can afford to take a $1000 loss or whatever.

#20951 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I don’t know how much money you have, but I didn’t get to where I am in life just throwing away $1000 whenever and wherever. I don’t know too many people that are willing to do that unless they need quick cash for an emergency. I know that the machines I want that are currently sitting in the corner of basements aren’t leaving unless they get what they paid. I’ve been very clearly told that. They can definitely afford to lose $1000 and not blink an eye over it. They know what they have and you will meet their price or it will be stored (probably improperly).

All I'm saying is that if someone could afford a $8000 machine for pandemic use only, they can afford to sell it for $7000 if they are that desperate. I agree, people will more likely sit on their high selling prices if they are not in a rush, I probably would. Always new people entering the hobby, always a chance.

Of course there are also people who just plain also overpaid or bought less desirable games and those people are really going to feel the pain to sell.

#20964 1 year ago

it is a fine line for inexperienced eyes that get distracted by Blinky lights but easy to see once you know what makes a keeper a keeper. It is a like a needle in the haystack.
I just drove to NY to pickup a home use only Lethal Weapon 3 after searching for one for 2 years.

Too bad I didn't know. I will be selling mine in a few months.

#20993 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I have the following available for sale or trade. Shoot me a message if your interested.
JP Premium (Loaded)
Stranger Things Premium (Powdercoated)
Bond LE (order confirmed)
Toy Story 4 CE (order confirmed)

Not keeping the Bond?

1 week later
#21084 1 year ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Hopefully no more than 10 which is already silly imho

Most I have seen are around $10k CAD.

Little premium as they are obviously out of production.

#21108 1 year ago

Anymore of those 3500$ f14s in my neighborhood?

Seriously - I have not seen less than $4500

Quoted from Rob_G:

Value is in the eye of the beholder. One man's treasure is another man's trash. Colordmd is a great mod I agree and a subwoofer can help games like Metallica sound a lot better. The rest I don't consider necessary and wouldn't pay an inflated price for.
Rob

Quoted from MrMikeman:

This again ^^^^
About time we go back to pre-pandemic thinking on mods. Most mods add ZERO value for resale. Pinsound, ColorDMD are the exception given the ability to use them on any game. If you want to recoup some of the cost then remove the mods and sell separately.

I agree- most mods aren't worth anywhere close to what you would have paid on pinball resale. I have actually taken a mod out because I didn't like it.

DMDs and pinsound are $500 or more mods so ya.. a little different

#21142 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Okayyyy - which of you lucky dogs got the TSPP on kijiki for $7500 ?! Ya beat me to it!!

I think that was a scam, same seller as the SW LE for $9K

Looked very fishy. Someone who has those pins knows something about pinball and pricing.

#21152 1 year ago
Quoted from guard:

The idea hit me after the almost same thing happened on MAACA,......scammers are trying to make their fake profile appear more legit by [not] "selling" games, so that when they go for the big scam, they can score more deposits.
Now it looks like they actually have sold games for great prices before....

This actually doesn't sound crazy..

1 week later
#21232 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Wire transfer all day. Works both ways and fees are minute. No limit either.
On that note. If you have a US account in Canada and receive a significant amount of US money through PayPal. It’s virtually impossible to take US funds from PayPal and put it in you us account. They will only convert to CDN and the exchange is terrible.

My daughter used to get paid in USD via Paypal for social media work. The only way to get around this is with a US Bank Account. She used to send me the funds and I would transfer them to my RBC US (in Georgia)bank account and then move the money back to my RBC Canada USD account. It was a multi day process and you could only do about $2000/day. Paypal is a horrible company to deal with and not well integrated in Canada at all.

Wire transfer all day yep.

Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Shoot, OK.
Cirqus Voltaire.

Finally played a CV in London at Tilt this summer and it had just been repaired at the time.

What an awesome pin, it played perfectly - I thoroughly enjoyed my 10+ games on it. Would love to own one day.

1 week later
#21284 1 year ago

That topper is a rare bird for sure. He seems legit, I saw his post on the Ontario Pinball sell page.

2 weeks later
#21406 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

Everyone across the board has hiked prices. l

True but used prices are coming down fast, especially older pins.

The price hikes of NIB this past year have really been eye popping. Gap is really pushing me away from NIB.

#21456 1 year ago
Quoted from guard:

I thought the FTA took care of duty if made in either Country. Unless one side pulls a fast one like softwood lumber....

People throw around the term duty too much.

It's HST on pins. Nothing else unless you are paying someone to clear it for you.

#21491 1 year ago

If anyone is interested, LW3 up for sale today. Plays really well.

Has been LED'd. 3.0 code installed.

Asking $4800

Details :

https://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/data-east-lethal-weapon-3.12532/

1 week later
#21528 1 year ago
Quoted from spinal:Looking for a nice TOTAN preferably one that’s been thrown into a wood chipper. PM me with price (not over $20 please).

https://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/totan-all-dress-14500-00.12563/

#21537 1 year ago

Still have my Lethal Weapon up for sale.

Asking $4600 but will let it go for $4100 if anyone is interested. Oakville ON.

#21555 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuckgamer99:

Godzilla Premium in Vancouver,BC area
As new 111 plays
Shipping available
$13000 CAD

How much would shipping cost to GTA - Ontario?

#21570 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

I feel like the “buy before Stern raises their prices” has gotten me to add a game just before the end of the year the last two years.

Sadly never much stock at the 2 Canadian distros

If you are a pro guy, only a $100 USD hike. Premium hike is painful and worth grabbing for sure.

#21607 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Still have my Lethal Weapon up for sale.
Asking $4600 but will let it go for $4100 if anyone is interested. Oakville ON.

My LW3 sold and was picked up today

1 week later
#21687 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Couple games for sale:
Jurassic Park Premium (super low plays) - $13,200 with Connected, $13,000 without.
Dialed In - $11,500
Local pickup only.

If you were a couple weeks earlier I would have grabbed that JP Premium. I just brought my JP Pro in this week.

#21714 1 year ago

For $6K it can't be in the best of shape. I have seen nice SP pins for $$8-10k.

#21721 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Still have my Deadpool Pro for trade - ideally something in middle of prairies, but getting close to pull trigger on shipping trade if needed.
Have a couple nice offers i'm getting close to jumping on. Ideally a GOTG coming in would be nice. If someone was selling a GOTG I would buy and the DP pro would be for sale.

Wish you were closer. Would love a DP.

#21735 1 year ago

Sounds like a great time to sell your pro and upgrade to a premium

Quoted from Fytr:

Exactly. You do realize that the T-Rex "MOVES" and does crazy cool shit on the Prem, right?
The only reason to play JP is to make the T-rex dance. Am-I-Right?

I know I know. Pro shoots the same though and I got a great deal.

I may upgrade at some point down the road if I feel like I want to keep the game long term. Just getting to know the game right now.

2 weeks later
#21770 1 year ago

Open to trades also but I have a Led Zeppelin Premium HUO $11,900

Premium >>> Expression Lighting system, Electric Magic pop up spinner and the Hot Shot reversing ramp. I am the second owner of the game.

Additional features on this game include
Custom shooter rod and 1968 faceplate
Color LED speakers
Custom translite (original included in a tube)
Upgraded LP Record start button
Machine plays great, fast and fun. Pick up GTA - Oakville ON

https://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/led-zeppelin-premium-huo-11-900.12655/

#21798 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Open to trades also but I have a Led Zeppelin Premium HUO $11,900
Premium >>> Expression Lighting system, Electric Magic pop up spinner and the Hot Shot reversing ramp. I am the second owner of the game.
Additional features on this game include
Custom shooter rod and 1968 faceplate
Color LED speakers
Custom translite (original included in a tube)
Upgraded LP Record start button
Machine plays great, fast and fun. Pick up GTA - Oakville ON
https://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/led-zeppelin-premium-huo-11-900.12655/

Sold

#21801 1 year ago

congrats, soooo... what is coming in?

Working on it!

#21810 1 year ago

congrats, soooo... what is coming in?

Firmed up a deal on one of the Godzilla premiums currently on the market last night. Joining the cult.

Quoted from PinPickle:

Stranger Things gets 75-80% of my play. Favorite game by a long shot. MM seems super fun as well and I would love to own it one day.

I pray they vault it this year.

#21832 1 year ago
Quoted from AncasterStanley:

Looking for advice...
Unfortunately, divorce has reared its ugly head and the Ex seems entitled to half of my pinball machines - sigh. I've decided I'd rather sell them all outright and have the cash go to my kids' RESP Education account than give any portion to someone who has never shown any interest in pinball nor contributed to their purchase.
I have the following pins:
Elvira's House of Horrors Premium (original owner)
Batman 66 Catwoman Premium (original owner)
Monster Bash Classic - Chicago Gaming (original owner)
Medieval Madness LE #216 - Chicago Gaming with Pinblades installed
Can I get some advice on what I should be asking for these pins in CDN$... all of my pins are MINT condition.
Thanks,
Stan (Ancaster, Ontario)

Very sorry to hear this. If I had not just bought a pin I would have grabbed that Monster Bash in a second.

Best of luck - I'm sure those games will go pretty fast.

#21849 1 year ago
Quoted from Jcanuck72:

Hi Canadian pinball enthusiasts.
I'm new to pinball and have yet to make a purchase and I could use some advice.
I'm a diehard Rush fan and have been coveting the machine since its release.
I saw two adds on Kijiji for Pros.
$10,500 - shaker and upgraded speakers from Flipper Fidelity
$9,650 - no upgrades stern scoop protector provided but not installed.
Just wondering about pricing... Pinside says average price for a Rush Pro is $6,500 USD - About $8,780 Canadian.
Are these Pins over priced or do machines sell for more in the Canadian market?
Lastly, if ordered new - $7,000 USD (9,460) What would be approximate cost for shipping tax and border tariffs? Just wondering if a new machine would work out to less than a used one.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Many US buyers don't pay tax so their cost for a Pro was $6799 flat and shipped.

Canadian prices have 13% added in tax no matter what. Makes a big difference.

I have a Rush Pro and the Pro is fantastic - you really get the whole game and all the shots. The scoop protector is not hard to install. If you can get the cheaper one closer to $9000 you are doing well assuming it's in good shape. Most people will negotiate a few hundred off.

Quoted from Joker19:

Don't forget taxes on top of that 9400$ Canadian price.
Rush Pro or Prem might still be available at P1 amusement. Check them out, they are 1 of the Canadian distributor for the Ontario region for stern.
You can email them and they should get back to you with inventory. I would say with tax and exchange you would be close to 10.5k$ plus shipping which is normally 250$ or you can pick up at their Toronto facility.
As for the market in Canada, less pins, so that drives the prices a bit up, but you can always negotiate. However, those have been for sale for a while, so this could mean they are not price to sale quick.
Hope this helps.

Player One has no Rush in stock.

Stern does not have any scheduled builds of the game anytime soon.

#21855 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

I know Flip N Out (US distro) has them, and he offers free shipping up to the border. So that could be an option as well.

Zach does have some but you won't save anything and you have to go get. Time and money to add.

A HUO in good condition is the way to go imo if you can get a similar price or less.

#21858 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Pointing out option. That's all. I get 0 kick back from anyone. Lol.
Education and information, then people can choose the path they want.

For sure!

I know people that have bought from Zach - fantastic distro. Probably one of the best period.

#21867 1 year ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

Stern is not making any more Rush. I have been told by an extremely reliable source that it has been put "in the vault".

I find that very hard to believe after 1 year and Stern always announces a final run if that is the case - Rush was a cornerstone.

#21901 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Anyone interested in a deadpool pro for a Fishtales and cash?

You should talk to this guy...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/834424054456294/?mibextid=dXMIcH

#21960 1 year ago

People can ask what ever they want doesn’t mean they will get that even close too it ether pinball has gone down just like the houses has also same thing

A lot of sticky Covid pricing still which I think is partly responsible for many older pins especially sitting on the market for weeks and months.

#21974 1 year ago

Still no Rush on the production schedule for 2023 so if you want one..

#22001 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Star Wars Pro is sold. Now I am pinless with money to burn. I am looking for:
- Family Guy or Shrek
- Star Trek (Pro)
- Rob Zombie Spookshow
- Xmen
- Batman Dark Knight
- Transformers
- Wheel of Fortune
- Elvis
- Space Jam
Must be local.

There was a Star Trek Pro for sale in Oakville for a long time but it seems to be gone now. It was cheap - $7k I think.

#22037 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Still looking to buy a machine. I am pinless! Surely someone nearby with a nice collection can spare me something.
Budget is $8K. Would prefer something recent (year 2000+ or 1990s restored). Please DM me.

Market in Ontario is pretty dead right now. Always the way - the great pins hit when you can't buy or just bought LOL.

I can't imagine being pinless ..

#22039 1 year ago

GOTG and TRON PRO still waiting for some good trades, games I want.

Can't believe you didn't like GOTG - such a fun game.

#22052 1 year ago

Someone was looking for a Rush

This one still sitting for a few weeks... may be flex on price (not mine)

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/barrie/rush-pro-pinball-machine/1646156727?cid=73e35719-592b-4960-83c4-5021b44cf62c

#22078 1 year ago

What's a Rush LE going for these days?
Distros sold out?

Long ago sold in Canada, last year this time.

I know 2 people that brought in from the US though.

1 week later
#22128 1 year ago

Aerosmith is a rare bird. Almost never come up. Only one I know of was brought in from the US.

#22159 1 year ago

Anybody have any shippsy codes?

Like a discount code?

Quoted from pinballjah:

I They are the bomb! A fraction of the Canada Post cost and gets to most of the US in a few days. Great for shipping stuff to the US.

Shippsy rocks. Sadly unavailable outside southern Ontario and BC.

#22168 1 year ago
Quoted from mymalibu:Still looking for the following in no particular order of preference, T2, Diner, Bride of Pinbot, NBA fastbreak, Xenon, Data East Star trek, Embryon, Roller games, Devils Dare, Taxi, Medusa. May look at others as well. Prefer a local sale but would be willing to drive to either BC or Sask for the right pin. Cheers.

Funny there are 3 T2's for sale in Ontario right now.

#22173 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

One was 5500 and the other is 7500. Didn't see a third but wasn't really looking hard

I wasn't really looking either. I was looking for one a couple of years ago but since decided I wasn't as excited about the game for the price people wanted.

$5500 isn't too bad though if it's in decent shape.

#22177 1 year ago

it is a terrible game, lol. Rules are just dumb and it is one trick pony sort of thing. To me is just nostalgia. First pin I ever played, that is it.

I love the theme and honestly - I like having a simple game in the basement because it's easier for guests to understand.

My neighbors are still mad I sold the LW3 LOL.

#22191 1 year ago

Lol… what a menace.
Leave something for the rest of us…

Lol

#22217 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Idk about that.
Foo fighters are very well known.
90s grunge kids who loved Nirvana et al immediately gravitated to FF when Grohl released the first album. Now those kids are in their mid 40s to early 50s and are nostalgic for their youth... like grown men who buy big expensive toys with silver balls.

Yep

Nirvana was late late high school and university for me. Love FF, not a super fan but they are easily a top 10-15 band for me. I can easily get this game if it plays well.

#22218 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Yep
Nirvana was late late high school and university for me. Love FF, not a super fan but they are a solid top 15 band for me . I can easily get this game if it plays well.

#22259 1 year ago

me.

But as a customer, I feel a bit insulted that after years of buying games from some of these guys, someone can just step in, throw some money around, and they now have my spot on the "list".

That's exactly how I feel, and precisely why I've decided to look at an option in the US.
I love supporting Canadian businesses, but I hate that it's become a contest of who can flash the most money. From a business perspective, I totally get it. You have customers committing to buying each and every LE that gets released, so it's easy money for the distros, and less work then chasing customers to see if they want the latest game.
But as a customer, I feel a bit insulted that after years of buying games from some of these guys, someone can just step in, throw some money around, and they now have my spot on the "list".
It's all good. Now that I'm aware that I'm not limited to purchasing in Canada, I have more choices on who to give my money to.

What are they charging to ship direct to Ontario?

Shippsy route usually works cheaper and they clear for you.

Quoted from PinPickle:

Not mine but there’s a JP Premium just listed in Quebec for $12,500. 450 plays ish.
Looks good and properly priced for anyone looking.

Real good deal

1 week later
#22457 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Anyone have a stranger things pro for sale or trade?

If you wait a little while Stern is putting them back on the line.

#22466 1 year ago

That's great news!!

Quoted from Murphelman:

Better get on a list now with a distro if you want one.

For real. They will sell well IMO.

#22474 1 year ago
Quoted from violinfather:

Stern sent out a message to dealers advising that at this point there will not be another run of Stranger Things as they do not have the licensing. Maybe 2024 if they obtain that.

George has basically said in two interviews recently that it's coming but ya - 2024 with season 5.

2 weeks later
#22543 1 year ago

Nitro has first run FF pros in stock. Amazing game if interested.. Was shocked they were not all gone.

https://nitropinball.com/collections/pinball-machines/products/foo-fighters-pro-order-now

#22545 1 year ago

looks fun, super nice layout but doubt it will get to GZ's behemoth status as you still have to listen to them non-stop even if the layout is good.

I'm a big fan - even if you aren't it's not offensive music by any stretch.

Very likely a top 10 or even top 5 pin. My neighbor has one coming very soon.

#22552 1 year ago

I need better neighbors

I'm close enough - come by for a beer!

1 week later
#22603 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Little concerned about the size of the place being 2,500 square feet. Doesn't seem like a big enough space for all these pins, vendors, general public, etc.

It's not very big but I think vendors will be outside (says rain or shine).

My guess is they got this place cheap and it's a trial balloon so to speak to see what the interest level is in a show. I'm just happy it's happening, Ontario hasn't seen any kind of pinball or arcade show in forever.

#22607 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I have mass respect for anyone trying to setup these kind of shows. The level of planning, effect and dedication it takes to pull it off it is hard to put into words unless you have done it. You are better off to go small and continually increase in future years if you have the support of the community, donors, volunteers, and sponsors. If the support is there the show will organically grow sometimes to the point where you wonder why you want to do it anymore

All of this - 100%. These guys are among a handful of people that could pull it off also.

Sadly the GTA has probably priced out an event like this until it can get bigger with more commitments and sponsors. I really hope people come up and support!

2 weeks later
#22690 11 months ago
Quoted from Joker19:

FYI, FT and JP pro up for sale, separate or package deal.
Info and pics here
https://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/fish-tales-and-jp-pro.12975/

Good deal on the package!

2 weeks later
#22877 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Prices have gotten so bad I bought a NIB Pro instead of Premium for the first time ever. It felt gross.

Nothing wrong with pros. Most pros shoot the same, often much faster, and may aren't missing much at all.

Quoted from pins4life33:

You gotta be careful I buy a lot out of US but again $3,500 US purchase turns into $6,000 US Canadian after brokerage, shipping, exchange, and GST. People always say ya I can get out of the US for less but don’t take into account what the actual costs are.

Taxes on used pins are killer. You know you pay HST on new but used pins inflate fast with exchange, taxes/fees and shipping. Often it's an availability issue though. There are some pins you just can't find here.

1 week later
#22958 11 months ago

I don't think people are shitting on it because they do t like the game itself. The game is pretty fun (I have one) but collosal QC failures are just inexcusable.
I have own two R&Ms, a TNA, and now Scooby.
Every he with the exception of TNA has been plagued with issues, a D I mean, months of troubleshooting.
The Scooby I have is an early run and had way more issues then anyone would consider acceptable. The previous owner sold me the game dishonesty, so he wouldn't have to deal with the issues, and now I've spent hours going through each issue, fixing it, a D bulletproofing the game.
Boards have been replaced, wiring harnesses, you name it.
So in my opinion, the hate on that people have is well warranted and deserved.
When I finally turn around and sell my game, it will be flawless, but I still have hours ahead before I get to that point, and in the interim, my kids are loving it, because, well... It's a fun game!

This is why I'm still scared to buy Spooky games. I just want to play, mod and have fun.

Glad you are enjoying tho! Looks like a good game for kids.

#22998 11 months ago

I'm going to try and get there.

#23017 11 months ago
Quoted from guard:

Well credit where credit us due....Dave Astill and Rob Edwards are the team.
Hopefully it goes well enough that they are willing to keep doing it. Shout it out to anyone you know that might be interested please.
And its in Wasaga!!!!

Always jealous of all the other big cities with pinball shows. I hope this can become something regular and bigger!

#23023 10 months ago
Quoted from Kroshon:

Strangerthings premium for sale in Edmonton.

Price? Link?

#23034 10 months ago

I remember a few months after the game came out, someone here had a pro for sale, and they were willing to let it go for $6000 CAD!
People weren't hot on the game, and he was having trouble dumping it.
Now a premium is $17K! Hahahaha!
The pinball manufacturers must wake up every day, and have a good belly laugh before they have their coffee.
We are idiots!

$17K is way too much - especially when it's likely we will see it vaulted.

Stranger Things is an amazing theme - just took too long to get the game code right. People say this about Bond also...

#23064 10 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

That Wasaga show was a blast. By the sound of it they will likely do it again next year, probably at a bigger venue.
Banzai Run was fun to play for the first time, the upper playfield definitely is fun, I guess the issue with the game would be that you don't care about anything other than getting up there. Lots of other cool stuff at the show, some originals, the alice in wonderland concept.
Biggest let down probably was Joust, something that sounds great but doesn't really work in reality.

I actually enjoyed Joust although it's way more fun with 2 people and nearly impossible with one person.

I agree on Banzai Run, I played 4 games and all I wanted to do was get to the top. What a treat to get to play that game, I had never seen anywhere before.

#23072 10 months ago
Quoted from guard:

Some went, a T2 that was $6500 went, a cocktail Night Moves went, a Flipper Pool went. Those are 3 I know off.......my DE Simpsons at 3700 did not.

Simpsons played well, I was tempted.

I'm not a crazy person, played it with another person, don't get me wrong I appreciate the novelty of it and differences, and given when it was released it's still impressive. I probably went in with too high of an expectation.

Oh I didn't mean to imply you were crazy.. I guess I went in with low expectations as I dont generally like table top pins.

#23081 10 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I dunno... I often wonder how many ppl have been seriously injured or ceased to be because they were moving a STTNG. Lol.

I had to take the basement door off to get that monster in and out. It's a beast!

#23139 10 months ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

Legends of Valhalla deluxe for sale HUO 365 plays. Mint condition in and out.
asking $10,500 (pinside price) may consider trades. Can ship anywhere in canada
Mint HUO Legends of Valhalla Deluxe Pinball
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/saskatoon/mint-huo-legends-of-valhalla-deluxe-pinball/1662597722

Valhalla is probably my favorite AP machine so far. I played a few games a couple of weeks ago. GLWS.

2 weeks later
#23221 10 months ago

Owners will tell you that STH is the rarest of the modern Sterns, and that a pro is worth the cost of a premium.
Non-owners who have no skin in the game, and nothing to lose or gain will tell you exactly what it is... A moderately fun game that despite being one of the biggest television IPs, sold so poorly that Stern just stopped making them (hence the rarity).
I'm a huge Brian Eddy fan (own both MM and AFM) and although this game is essentially the same layout, I would never trade either of my games for it, not even the LE!
To each their own, but if we're being fair, the overhyping is clearly coming from the owners.

Definitely like MM and AFM better but I do like STH.

Still hoping for another run of MM next year but I have a feeling CGC will have their hands full for a long while with CCr and PF.

#23231 10 months ago
Quoted from spikedbat:

I just got my STh LE back after lending it to a buddy for 2 years.
I forgot why the game is amazing. You play it with the lights off and it's one of the best put together pinballs around. Theme integration is top notch.

Theme integration is definitely very good.

#23236 10 months ago

Amazing deals out west wow. We can only dream of those prices and no PST out here.

#23249 9 months ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

Legends of Valhalla deluxe mint condition still available. new price $10,400 firm but will pack and ship anywhere in Canada for free
Also will be at Yegpin in a few weeks can bring it along with me for any buyers at the show.

Great deal!

#23275 9 months ago

Anyone in the GTA... Amazing new pinball spot open now at Meeplemart in Toronto

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/19315-meeplemart-toronto-on

#23283 9 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

That doesn’t make sense.
Looks like a game store and all the photos of the store don’t show anything in regard to pinball.
They also added 27 pinball machines (incredible collection BTW) on the same day.
Hope it’s true but my thoughts someone with this collection would know about pinside and be posting for weeks/months about this new location opening up.
I sure hope this is true! I will go this weekend.

It's definitely all real - I have played all the games. I'm heading down Saturday afternoon, it's been in the works for a while.

Quoted from Joker19:

I did reach out the P1 and DP was not on the in stock list.

I think this 2023 run may be the last. P1 never seems to get many.

#23285 9 months ago

That's cool, there was a spray paint place close to there that had a handful of pins, but apparently some guy came in and paid some crazy price for all of them so they all disappeared.
Nice to see a place with a lot more pins opening up close by, that isn't just open at night.
I plan to go to a place on the American side of Niagara Falls that has like 90 pins soon, but I'll definitely check that place out the next time I'm in the area.

Pocketeer in Buffalo is supposed to be awesome. I definitely want to get there soon.

3 weeks later
#23389 8 months ago

Not mine but if anyone looking for a GZ Premium in Ontario, not a bad price

https://www.facebook.com/groups/310369809147909/permalink/2331638057021064/?mibextid=dXMIcH

#23392 8 months ago
Quoted from luch:

link not working

Odd.. Disappeared

#23397 8 months ago
Quoted from JordanB:

That’s mine, located in BC, not Ontario.

Ah sorry... I thought you were in Ontario as you were part of the Ontario arcade group. My bad.

#23410 8 months ago
Quoted from libtech:

We worked out a deal, looks like that one will be coming out this way, thank you!

Nice - congrats.

Paul is an awesome guy.

1 week later
#23459 8 months ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Anyone know the story about the LZ Pro for 5k on Kijiji? I’d buy that immediately if I knew it was legit.

No way it's legit especially given the text of the ad.
If you can find a pro under $8000 probably worth getting tho!

It's a good game but hard to sell. I got very lucky finding a buyer for my LZ premium. I know Mike in Ottawa couldn't sell his.

#23465 8 months ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Mine did eventually go. I delivered it to its new owner 2 weeks ago.

Hey congrats!

2 weeks later
#23550 7 months ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Great price, but he isn't willing to ship... I love road trips to get pinballs but this one is a bit too far.

If you had a contact in California that could wrap it and ship to Buffalo for pick up it would be ideal.

It's definitely doable if you really want it.

1 week later
#23579 7 months ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

Looking for an Addams Family, player condition or needing work is fine. Located in southern Ontario.
Tim

Here is one (not mine)...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/barrie/addams-family-pinball-machine/1664839579

1 week later
#23608 7 months ago

So many games for sale right now. Wow.

I can't keep up on PinRev and Marketplace.

1 month later
#23853 5 months ago
Quoted from Nintegageo:

Anyone have experience shipping US to Canada? Is there someone on here people know, or a company they recommend?
Looking at Pennsylvania to Ottawa.
Thanks,
Zack

Personally I would have it shipped to the border and pick up if you can. Is there a shipping depot across from Cornwall maybe?

#23870 5 months ago
Quoted from generalgman:

There is no “duty” when you bring a pin into Canada. You only pay the GST/HST.

yep

Quoted from roar:

Not worth it to me either to be blacklisted at the boarder to save a couple of hundred bucks on a luxury purchase. If you can afford the game you can afford the taxes and if you hate the government enough to dodge the taxes just move to Costa Rica, I'm sure it's much easier to import your games there.

100%. I am always completely honest at the border.

Quoted from roar:

You can drive a pin across the boarder without export paperwork, or at least in my single attempt to do so it was easy. Just had proof of what I paid for the machine, was told to pull over when I crossed back and went into the boarder office, they looked up a category to classify the pin, I think they chose amusement product or something like that and then charged me HST on the purchase price. Pin was $6,500USD I believe the one time I did it.

This ^^

Only need to do paperwork if it's commercial. Buying a pin is like buying a TV. It's just not that complicated.

1 week later
#23925 5 months ago

Any defenders in Canada that someone willing to sell?

Hard to find - took me almost a year to find one in decent shape.

Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't know about LZ, but I wouldn't say TMNT is a dog. I would say it's a bit more difficult game though and the lower scoring seemed to really put off some players. Different (flipper) strokes for different folks!
Rob

LZ is pretty fun but it's hard to consistently hit shots and combos.

TMNT is super fun but brutal! I would totally own one though.

2 weeks later
#23996 5 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

Yeah I'm interested to see how this pans out. My guess is the company who purchased them will end up hacking it to bits and selling parts off but there's a chance they actually want to dive into this market and we could see an improvement in the Canadian arcade landscape.

Not much to hack and that doesn't really make sense. Private equity usually sees opportunity to improve the business and then sell at a profit.

I expect to see a much more vibrant business - dare I say a more retail and customer friendly business - going forward.

Quoted from algrande:

Does anyone live in Kingston? I need a pin checked out. Dan will pay

I'm originally from Kingston, will be down there in December if it's no rush. PM me.

#24002 5 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

130 Mil is an investment.
I look forward to things to come.

I suspect we will see a more aggressive push to consumers. Most people have no idea who P1 is, they have little to no marketing going on.

Private equity looks for underperforming companies, don't know their financials but from the outside P1 screams underperforming business with no website to me. Would love to see P1 look more like Nitro!

2 weeks later
#24078 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Anyone ever bought a banner from duke pinball in Ontario? Seen an add on Kijiji and wanted to check before sending cash.

Yes I know him also - all good

4 weeks later
#24187 3 months ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Looking to buy a recent Stern Pro. Message me if you have something. Must be able to deliver to Milton ON.
Thanks.

Should be able to get a Jaws pro in the next 2 weeks

Quoted from BMGfan:

Pro for Foo, premium for Godzilla IMHO.

Agree though Foo Pro can't get ELs which totally sucks

#24228 3 months ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Nitro Pinball is extremely proud to announce its arrival in Quebec to serve pinheads in Eastern Canada. Sales and support will be handled by long-time pinball collector and enthusiast Phillipe Larouche. We are delighted to welcome Phil to the Nitro family, and we are excited to now be able to bring our passion across Canada with some of the most impressive new titles from Stern, JJP, American, Spooky, Dutch, Haggis, CGC and Barrels of Fun!
We'll be hosting contests and drawing prizes among our pinball community later this month. Stay tuned……

Great news. Are people able to pick up pins in Quebec to save on shipping charges?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=kool1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.