(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,635 posts
  • 702 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by transprtr4u
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexrogan84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14986 3 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

Price reductions on previously posted. Now:
Revenge from Mars $4,300
Star Wars Episode 1 $4,000
Both for $7,750
Would trade 2-1 against newer Stern pro including Star Trek, Game of thrones, Munsters, Stranger things, JP, maybe others.
Gottlieb Buck Rogers - Pascal all-in-one board, playfield protector $2,000
New postings:
Aerosmith pro - 1st owner HUO $7,500
Johnny Mnemonic - color DMD, new playfield glass, LEDs, some cabinet fade - $4,800
Gameplan Sharpshooter - fully working, decent playfield, boards serviced $1,200
Superchexx special Canadian edition $2,500

Hey, are there pics somewhere I can see for that Johnny Mnemonic?

1 week later
#15107 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Anyone have a Diner they’d part with?

There are two for sale right now in Ontario (or at least were as of the last week or two). Both being sold by businesses and both priced a little high (IMO). Not sure about shipping costs or what they can and can't do.

First one is/was in Hamilton at TOPEC. They put ads on Kijiji from time to time.

Other one is in Stratford. Again found on Kijiji. Look for Barry at Joyland Amusements.

3 weeks later
#15350 3 years ago

Anyone have a Rollergames for sale?

2 weeks later
#15489 3 years ago

Anyone on here the person that bought the Sharkey's Shootout from the pawn shop in Mississauga? It was listed on Kijiji. I called them maybe like 30 minutes after they opened the next day and it was already spoken for. Looked to be in excellent shape. Would have liked to at least gotten to see it in person and played a few games.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/mississauga-peel-region/sharkeys-shootout-pinball-machine/1541814429

1 month later
#15692 3 years ago

Has anyone seen the Diner for sale in Stratford on Kijiji in person? I would like to go check it out myself, but things are a little limited until these lockdown restrictions are lifted here in Ontario. I believe it is a non-Diamond Plate version.

#15694 3 years ago

And do you think those things were done as of now? Flaky displays fixed and a deep cleaning of the play field? I felt it was very overpriced when I saw it listed last year for almost $7,000 and at $5,200 it still seems a little too high. Too hard to tell condition remotely and from only a couple of pictures. The cabinet looks to be scuffed along the sides as well as the corner edges above the mounting bolts for the front legs. Looks like a leftover hole to the right of the lock for what was probably a padlock or bar across the coin door. Middle plastic above the centre drop targets looks to be a generic orange replacement and no stickers showing on those targets, either bank. Unknown bolt heads on the top of the lockdown bar too.

That’s a lot of unknowns for that price and no pics or videos of it on or playing. Or what the boards look like in the backbox. I would expect for $5,200 you wouldn’t need to spend a dime on getting anything “right”. And buying from a business you’re probably going to have to add GST to that too.

#15700 3 years ago

Yea, that Ottawa/Montreal one looks nicer, but again hard to tell from just a few low resolution photos. And the distance makes it unlikely I'd go all that far just to look at it without already having made up my mind.

I can't tell from the pics, but the playfield doesn't seem like a Diamond Plate variety. Any idea if it is?

Is this the same seller that advertised a while back that he was only willing to accept trades? And didn't even list a for sale price?

You know, when you think of the things you would include yourself in a for sale ad (more detailed photos, under the hood, gameplay vid link, manuals or other documents or extra parts included), it blows my mind how frequently the ads we see are so terrible. Are people just lazy or just don't care enough to try?

1 week later
#15810 3 years ago
Quoted from Localspeedshop:

I have a low plays HUO SW LE if anyone is interested ? also a super nice Dirty Harry Prototype ... in Ontario can pack and ship anywhere at buyers expense of course.

How much are you looking to get for the Star Wars?

#15841 3 years ago
Quoted from Localspeedshop:

Asking 11k haven’t posted it anywhere, I have the storm trooper shooter rod still in package for it .

If you have pictures or a gameplay video posted somewhere for this game, please send me the link.

1 week later
#15943 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

anyone have a WPT in decent shape they would like to move??

Quoted from Meegis:

I've never been a huge fan of moving pins... Quite heavy.
But in all seriousness, you're location is blocked, may help people knowing where you are from

+1, where are you located?

I have a WPT I could part with conceivably. I would rather trade it for something else though. Are you looking to buy outright or trade? What do you have that you might be willing to trade?

2 weeks later
#16182 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

I love mine but having lot of issues lately with flippers and switches lol
Multiball and superjackpot starting way too soon lol
Pop bumpers seem weak to me.
Its driving me crazy

Do you have a troubleshooting thread going?

I have a love hate relationship with my Getaway too. I have about 40-50 games since some colossal issues with a shorting U20 chip. It's showed no signs of doing it again, but I'm kinda still playing it all timid like it's still gonna f&%k with me some more.

2 months later
#16867 2 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find a thread about pinball machines for sale in Canada? This one here seems to be about anything but...

On a lighter note...

You guys argue more than a Leafs and a Habs fan sitting in the same living room. Shut 'er down!! lol Now... back to pinballs for sale in C-A-N-A-D-A!!!

2 years later
#23883 4 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Dropped by Player One today, looks like every pin that isn't a recent release is reduced. Stern pros, including both star wars, priced at $9695. They had a gnr even lower than that at $9200. Made me wish someone hadn't already bought that dialed in.

Do they post a price list somewhere online?

You happen to recall if they had any Chicago Gaming remakes in there for sale? And discounted? I think they had a Cactus Canyon in there the last time I stopped by.

2 weeks later
#23972 4 months ago

I’ve been on the fence about doing a playfield swap on my Diner. More the cost than the work. It bugs the shit out of me that CPR is Canadian and yet sets their prices in USD so when you select Canadian it has to factor in the exchange rate. C’mon, just tell me what the set price is on our side of the border and I’ll make my decision. We already get hosed enough on parts when buying from the US and now we’re get hosed on parts already in Canada but their prices aren’t. Ugh! lol

#23977 4 months ago

Agreed on playfield swaps being "bad investments" if you are looking to sell your game one day and get back everything you put in it. Unless you find a trashed Attack from Mars or similar for next to nothing and the new playfield brings it back to life.

Diner is one of the four games I played a lot as a kid and had to have in my collection. Now it's there and it'll stay in the collection. It was the only one of the four with a Diamond Plate playfield and some of the Mylar has bubbled up considerably. It's in otherwise fnatastic shape, so I'm still considering the PF swap as it ups the value to me substantially.

I need to MacGyver myself up some kind of Pin-tisserie thing though before I get started.

#23995 4 months ago

I wouldn't mind seeing their parts website improve under new owners...

4 weeks later
#24112 3 months ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Back on the day when I used to collect the LE’s, Star Trek was absolutely the best package. I prefer the gameplay on the Pro but I would absolutely forgo the Premium for the LE as it makes so much difference on that particular title.

Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Lit armor, light blackbox Trek symbol, lit apron (not sure if premium got this), gorgeous powder coat, mirrored backglass, expression lights (before they were called express lighting), and probably more that I'm missing.
The package is just gorgeous.

Are the LE additions affecting gameplay much or mostly cosmetic? I'm asking because I've really enjoyed playing the game when I find one out and about but don't really know what came standard on all games and what was added for the premium or LE. One of the local league hosts has a glorious looking and playing LE and another spot, public, has a Pro to play and enjoy. They are both fun yet the Pro is hard to take in what it has to offer because you don't get to really hear it or see all the lights doing their thing as it competes with the other games and bar patrons nearby.

#24133 3 months ago

I love watching Bowen tutorial videos for games he loves. His enthusiasm is great and outstanding ability to talk while playing. I can’t walk and chew gum when it comes to playing while narrating lol.

His NBA Fastbreak and World Cup Soccer vids are a couple of my faves. Although his Game of Thrones one where he mocks what the house names mean when he admittedly has never watched the show are hilarious.

1 month later
#24370 59 days ago

Is Ontario in its own bubble of pricing then? Because we just don't seem to get for sale listings of games in this sub-4k range you're speaking of.

Earthshaker has been $5,500 to $6,000. LW3's are $5,000. Cyclone, Dr Dude at $5,500. F14 at $4,250. Shadows are around $7,000. I can't tell you the last time I saw a Terminator 2 or Demolition Man at $4k-anything. More like $5k and closer to $6k. I did see a Rocky and Bullwinkle today at $5,300 and in great shape and that seems like a "fair" price to me.

Are the actual selling prices that much lower than the listed prices to make it seem like everything is vastly more expensive? It might make it a little more inviting to want to buy a game or two if there was at least some kind of consistency in the prices seen. It's all over the map at the moment. Yes, games priced too high just sit and games priced well go quick. It's this vast range in the middle that makes no sense to me.

#24376 58 days ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Where abouts did you see the Rocky and Bullwinkle?

It was on Kijiji. The ad isn't there anymore. Not sure why. Guy named Clint in Wasaga Beach had it listed. He also has a Flash listed for sale. The Rocky and Bullwinkle listing got removed for whatever reason.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexrogan84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=alexrogan84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.