(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12,001 posts
  • 491 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by EvanDickson
  • Topic is favorited by 288 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,237 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

nothing in Vancouver huh? Calgary seems very active gotta love it

Don't feel bad, Edmonton has slim pickings as well. I've noticed that any time something decent pops up here, it's gone within a day. Not much time to decide whether you're interested!

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Seems like almost every game I sell goes to Edmonton!! Seriously high percentage. Always amazes me.
Thanks Dave

Well, hopefully that trend of bringing more pins into Edmonton gets more re-sale happening since there are more "in circulation"...but probably not, there's too many greedy pin hoarders out there

Quoted from smokedog:

Haha. You should try living in Sask.

I can only imagine. When you're looking for something new, do you automatically just default to looking outside of province?

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from Streetras:

It certainly is obvious where the big bucks and big collections are located these days- west of Ontario. With all the money changing hands for pins in the West , no wonder the GDP continues to grow.!!! Poor chaps, like me in the east, are faced with high transportation costs unless the pins are purchased locally where there is a small number of good pins for sale. Which pin manunfacturer of the 70's era are the easiest to maintain?

It's worth noting that bringing in from the states isn't that difficult (and there are probably more machines closer to you in the states than in Canada). I got my SOF for $1200, shipping and importing and all that jazz was about $550 if I remember correctly. I swapped every board in it out for either NOS or Rottendog or Xpin boards and after all has been said and done, I'm into it for about $2500. If a SOF popped up for sale in Canada, I wouldn't doubt that it would go for somewhere around that mark. If it's a machine you like (or think you will like), it can absolutely work out well for you.

#150 5 years ago

I think us Canadians just get drunk on sunshine and heat and tend to impulse buy I'm waiting for summer 2014 to confirm my theory (and buy more pins).

#152 5 years ago

Yeahhhhh, and I'm still kind of kicking myself over not picking it up. I'm definitely in the market for a new machine, but I keep coming back to "well, If I'm going to be spending that much, maybe I should just put it into a Hobbit" and then flip-flopping with the fact that if it's anything like woz, I won't be seeing it until late 2015 lol.

I think I would have a hard time getting rid of totan, my gf and my best friends gf both love playing it

#154 5 years ago

I'm looking for The Shadow, pm me if you've got one you're looking to sell (not interested in trading at the moment).

1 month later
#252 5 years ago

Pretty jealous of whoever picked up that Nightmare On Elm Street off Kijiji in Stony Plain!

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I was looking at that kijiji page as well with the elm street table. Anyone in/around Alberta with a fixer upper Fish Tales, No Good Gofers/Jurassic park/revenge from Mars machine?

The BK2K on there isn't a bad deal either, if it is in fact in 9/10 condition. I was interested in picking up elm street and bk2k at the same time, but I'm mainly just looking for mid 90's pins at the moment.

1 month later
#402 5 years ago

Ooo, they're doing a pin 2.0 for TOTAN? I'll probably be all over that.

2 weeks later
#475 5 years ago

Okay, no offense to anyone, but, Spencer, if it isn't a safe method to use, you need to provide some manner of explanation at the very least. Just saying (or implying) that "it's not safe" when everyone else has had great experiences with it, is not good enough.

2 weeks later
#549 5 years ago

Any of you grab that Mario pin that was in Leduc? It went damn fast!

#596 5 years ago

Man, all these guys are pussyfooting around it, but I'll come out and say it.
-Goldmember, you're a grade A douchebag. That's the main reason why your machine hasn't sold.

-Your machine has awful wear and, worse, awful touchup.

-You are being more difficult than a kid who didn't get any ice cream. Yeah, I get that you don't NEED to sell it, but if you didn't WANT to sell it, you wouldn't have it listed. Why not take 10 minutes to get some good detailed pictures that show everything that is wrong and answer people's questions? You can make a stock reply and send it to everyone who is interested. If that is too much work for you, then don't even bother listing it, and don't even bother coming around here to post. Everyone on here is serious, there are not hordes of scammers and tire kickers here like there is on kijiji. Scroll through this thread and you'll see numerous machines that sell within in a week to other members, even ones with damage to them.

-Chill the fuck out. Seriously. If you're not willing to calm the fuck down and act like an adult, just get out of here.

1 week later
#679 5 years ago

Somewhat offtopic, but who has pins on preorder? I just decided to do my first preorder ever and have put in my money for The Big Lebowski. What do you have on pre, and why did you decide to preorder? For me, I love the movie/theme, think the pf layout is great, love the cabinet art and art direction in general. Every time they have done an announcement it has gotten me even more excited.

#694 5 years ago

Yeah, you either love it or you don't. For me, anyways, the appeal is in the dialogue. The lines are just absolutely classic. It's like The Breakfast Club, I don't particularly like teen comedies (for example, I can't stand American Pie), but I can quote The Breakfast Club from start to finish because I think the dialogue is hilarious. That's how it is with The Big Lebowski. Another factor is the Coen brothers. You either love their movies, or just don't really know what to think. I know people who think Fargo is terrible, yet to me it's a crowning masterpiece of modern cinema. Basically, to sum it all up: that's just, like, your opinion man.

#695 5 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

I'm on the hunt for The Shadow...
My Centaur is up for trade, sad to say, I'm out of room.

When you find that shadow, play it for a while and then sell it to me I've been trying to find one for quite some time with not much luck.

#704 5 years ago

Don't think you're going to find much in Edmonton area. Everything else, yes, but not PF restorations. What game?

#721 5 years ago

Glad to hear it spencer! If anyone in the Edmonton areas needs new glass let me know, I've got two sitting around from when I replaced my TOTAN and SOF with the fancy glass.

2 months later
#898 4 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Hmmm...wondering if a new WTB in Canada thread should be started???
In any event, I know its a loooooong shot, but looking to buy a nice MB. Second on the wish list is an IJ. Looking for nice examples and fully prepared to pay fair asking price.
Would also consider any other Bally/Williams titles.
Reg

I would say no to another thread. Having everything in one thread makes it easier for people to keep track of things.

2 weeks later
#951 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I did, using a Fuji 2 stage Turbine Sprayer and Dupont (Nason) 2K 2-Part Automotive Clear.
» YouTube video

That looks great, nice work! I wish I had the time and patience to strip my PF's and the skill to do a CC myself.

1 week later
#1001 4 years ago

Spencer's interpersonal skills are just fine in my books. If I had any interest in a Transformers pin I would deal with him in a heartbeat. His price is great, the machine is great and he's been around long enough to have a solid reputation in the pinball community. He's the kind of seller that I know I could trust his word on a machines condition, even without seeing it in person or pics.

I understand that he must come across as hostile, but you probably are unaware of how many tire-kickers and time-wasters there are in this hobby. If you're selling a machine, prepare to waste a lot of time replying to people who will ask tons of questions and then, without explanation, never get back to you (leaving you hanging and possibly missing real sales). If you've ever posted an ad on Kijiji, it's probably worse than what you get there.

So, number one rule: nobody wants to deal with an asshole. Be polite, be nice, be brief,ask the questions you have, and let the seller know if you're going to buy or not. Don't air your dirty laundry out in public, because the people who have been around here longer than you will almost always be favoured by the rest of us, simply because we know them. Spencer wasn't being rude, he was just pointing out that you are probably a tire kicker. I would make the same assumption. Most of us probably would. I get that you're looking for the best deal you can get on a great pin that you'll love, the first pin is a big deal and is a lot of money to plunk down, but understand that you're new to this and don't know what it's like from anyone who's been around a while's end.

Don't be offended, stick around, the canadian pin community needs more enthusiasts.

#1011 4 years ago

6k seems pretty high to me, are there any mods or anything done to it?

#1066 4 years ago

There was a Phantom on edmonton kijiji a while ago, not sure if anyone here picked that one up, but it was up on there for quite a while (might still be)

#1073 4 years ago

How much are you looking to get for it?

1 week later
#1085 4 years ago

Wow, that cab looks incredibly clean! It's always surprising to see predominantly black cabs that have held up.

How much were you looking to get for it?

#1087 4 years ago

Oops, my bad, missed that. Excellent looking machine for that price

#1098 4 years ago

AND ONCE MORE, THE COMMUNITY STRENGTHENS.

For real though, it's great to see people, who otherwise would never meet, bonding over pinball!

#1172 4 years ago

When I imported my SOF from Virginia I paid $541.99 USD for the shipping using Echo Global Logistics, and I used Livingston International as my broker, and paid $362 USD.

Dave (schwarz) referred me to both of those and I had a smooth experience, and I referred someone else to use them as well. It aint cheap to bring games up here, so if you're going to do it, make sure it's a game you want (and you preferably get a good deal on it, hah).

#1175 4 years ago

Brokerage is based on the price of the product, the weight, the class of product, country of origin, etc. It's not a fixed rate that will be the same for everything. I'm sure it is also different if you are picking up the machine at the border/taking it across yourself.

I'm also curious though as to who you are using that it is only costing you $75

#1177 4 years ago
Quoted from zero:

The quote I just got was $95 plus the GST on the game of course. FYI

From where?

#1181 4 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

There is no brokerage when you are bringing anything across yourself. All you pay at the border is GST

Didn't think so, but I've never brought anything large/expensive over so I'm not too sure. Thanks for clearing that up.

#1183 4 years ago

Makes sense, good to know. Thanks guys! Unfortunately I won't be doing any trips across the border myself, so I'm stuck with shipping and brokerage. I'm hoping it won't absolutely destroy me when my TBL ships.

#1192 4 years ago

This is the breakdown of what Livingston quoted me back in march of 2013. Obviously the exchange rate has gone to shit, and looking over it again, $105 of that was (I believe) a one-time fee to set up my account with Livingston.

-------------------------------------------

Value of Goods: $ USD 1,200.00

Exchange Rate: 1.0314

Value in CDN: $ CDN 1,237.68

Duty Rate: 0.0% NAFTA:

Duty*

: $ -

GST (on Value for Tax): $ 61.88 Tax Rate: 5.0%

PST on Value for Duty $ - Tax Rate: 0.000%

Brokerage Fee*: $ 147.30

Priority HS Fee: $ 6.35

One-Time Processing Fee*: $ 105.00

Canadian Bond Fee $ 25.00

Other Fee: $ 6.85 (OGD)

GST on services: $ 14.53

PST on services: $ -

Estimated Total in CDN will be: $ 366.91

#1195 4 years ago

The hit you will take will depend entirely on what hit you're willing to take. The value of pins is completely set by what people will sell them for. There is a guy in Wisconsin asking 7650 USD, with exchange rate and shipping and stuff, I'm gonna be up near 8300, at that point I would just buy new, and I can get one shipped from Playdium for $9200, all in.

#1200 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Not sure who you are dealing with at Playdium but you would be getting hosed at $9200 all in, especially for a sale to an AB resident. I got a quote that was way lower than that.

I didn't get a quote, i just went to their web store and punched in the shipping details. Good to know that their quoted prices are cheaper.

2 weeks later
#1324 4 years ago

With the release of the TWD Premium, I wish you good luck.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-premium-wtf

#1326 4 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

At the end of the day I will just keep it. I am not going to lose more than $1000 on a game that is a month old.

Good call. If you keep at it, eventually the game won't be as hard/as short of ball times, because you will be a better player. Same goes for your family and guests. My gf loves the music on Swords Of Fury, but she hates it because it's too hard for her, but every now and then she plays it and has a good run and all of a sudden it's fun to her.

#1336 4 years ago

Since I'm pulling out of TBL, I'm looking to pick up a Judge Dredd. Anyone looking to sell theirs?

#1339 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

As of a couple weeks ago Bob in Red Deer had it on his list.
Judge Dredd- has original topper, some LED - Super Multi Ball - $3995.00 on sale for $3695.00
Expensive, but with exchange rates the way they are it would be tough to get one from the US at that price and you can test it and pick it up yourself if you drive down there.

I personally have never dealt with him, but the consensus around here mostly seems to be to only use him as a last resort, since much better deals can be had elsewhere. At that price I would be wanting a flawless pf and cab, deadworld mod, etc. and even then it would be pretty tough to justify. I'm not in any huge rush, and I don't care much about the condition as long as the price is right and it works.

#1353 4 years ago

No longer looking for a Judge Dredd, James in Calgary helped me out

2 months later
#1680 4 years ago

You say you would rather not ship, but you don't have your location listed. Where do you live?

#1684 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I believe that question was directed at jamesfb007.

That is correct.

#1703 4 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

To late Spencer I actually deleted the message because I am not at all interested in that theme. Sounds like maybe I was to quick to delete.

Honestly, WOZ felt kind of dull to me. Lots of stuff going on in the game but I just didn't find any of it exciting or fun. It also kind of felt soulless to me, like a slot machine. Maybe that's just because of the on-screen animations feeling very much like slot machine animations, though. Obviously, your results may vary, as pinball is kind of subjective, but if you watch a gameplay video of it and are not like "awesome!" you probably won't like it long term. I think that's just JJP's thing, though, because I got the exact same feel watching Hobbit videos as I did playing WOZ

#1756 4 years ago

Besides, I called dibs back in December if he's just looking to sell

#1786 4 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I give you a month,2 tops.
We will see this for sale to.

Honestly, both you and Spencer know that you're both cool in my books, and you're the reason I have my TOTAN....but can we cut the bullshit with razzing violinfather (and anyone else, for that matter). The more people in this hobby, and the more active they are in the community, the better. Being a dick isn't going to help that for people just getting into it. I know it's (mostly) just in good fun, but it strikes me as overly negative. Who cares if he sells it in a month, you do the same thing lol!

Anyways, it's not a big deal, I just would hate to see people get turned away from pinside and the pinball community just because they didn't feel welcome. We're all here because we love flippin', whether or not you want to deal with someone in the future doesn't matter, because no one is forcing you. The more, the merrier!

#1802 4 years ago

I think the blacks came with the shaker motor standard, and the other ones didn't?

#1844 4 years ago

I mean, I would LIKE one, but I'm not looking for one...and if I were to find one, it would be pretty awesome if it was a cc'd pf....just saying...

#1857 4 years ago

Did you get mad and drain it?

2 weeks later
#2009 4 years ago

I might get him to do my SOF playfield, but, same thing as boris, I have a few touchups and whatnot that need to be done...I also don't know how nice taking off that mylar is going to be.

#2015 4 years ago

I'm not selling it! Hahah.

3 weeks later
#2107 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

Unless you 2 know each other. This is a terrible joke post. Guy just had his pin stolen.

Maybe that joke was not in the best of taste, but unless the guy didn't have insurance, it's more a nuisance than anything. It's a bummer, and I feel for the guy, and everyone should certainly keep theirs eyes out for that machine, but come on, lighten up.

3 months later
#2825 4 years ago

At least it will be close enough that you can come play it if you miss it too much haha

Really looking forward to it, and my apologies to those of you who are missing out on it, but...well, no I'm not, because it's friday, and it's new pin day! Haha

#2861 4 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

Just wanted to thanks Aeonblack he made the transaction so smooth and seem less, he was a great guy to deal with. One of the great collectors that make this hobby so great. Hope you enjoy the machine!!!

Back at ya! The whole thing was painless (except for my wallet, it will feel the hurt for a while haha) and the machine was exactly as described. It'll be a while until I can come close to your high scores, but I'm loving the game.

As far as all this other hub bub over the last page goes: if you have money and want things, buy things. If you don't, don't. Whether it's 5k, 6k or 7k...it all hurts your wallet the same. If it doesn't, you probably shouldn't be spending the money, and as such, it doesn't matter. 2c

#2916 4 years ago

Does anyone have, or know where I could get, 1 or 2 flipper coil sleeves for my Star Trek? Or does anyone know if older Williams coil sleeves will fit into Stern coils? I still have to do some looking, and it might be a flipper switch issue, but I'm pretty sure it's the flipper coil sleeve physically restraining the flipper (the lower right flipper occasionally sticks up, but tapping the left flipper once or twice makes it drop, making me think it's a physical issue).

#2923 4 years ago

Just to answer my own question, the sleeves from 90's Williams games flipper coils WILL fit the Stern coils.
I ended up replacing the sleeves and that didn't fix my problem, nor did it end up being a switch issue. It turned out that the backing plate on the rear side of the coil was slightly bent, causing it to twist the sleeve/coil very slightly, which was causing the arm to get wedged in there slightly when the coil engaged. A pair of pliers fixed that, and it's all good to go again. Thanks to everyone for the offers of sleeves! Now, back to flippin....

#2926 4 years ago

Agreed. I would like to see something, even if it's on the high end. It would also be nice to know whether or not a price is firm.

1 week later
#2981 4 years ago

Price should always be posted. But there is no sense arguing with people who don't frequent this thread and don't read through the posts. Anyone who does frequent it is pretty good about that stuff. We could all just post two pages worth of:

"ALL MACHINES LISTED ON HERE SHOULD BE LISTED WITH A PRICE AND WHETHER OR NOT THAT PRICE IS FIRM"

But, I don't think that will matter anyways. As paul said, *shrug*.

#2998 4 years ago

Me every time I buy a new pin:

IClTkRd[1].gif

Honestly, this is an expensive hobby, and even more so because we live in a country that doesn't have a ton of machines floating around to saturate the market. Add in the crap exchange rate and it's worsened. We can piss and moan about it, but none of us are going to undervalue our machines, because very few of us got "good" deals on them. Even those of us with a few machines, who can trade them once we want something new, you still have to pay that initial "entrance fee". When I had 1 pin, it always felt so daunting to get something new. Now that I have a few, I can think "hmmm, would I like X more than I like my Y?" and try to work it into a trade.

But, the thing I find interesting about pinball is that no one in this hobby seems to value time played/time spent working on a machine (despite them being machines originally intended to do just that...). What I mean is that if you're willing to, say, spend 30 bucks going to the movie theater (lol, talk about undervalue!) and you get ~2 hours out of that, you need to spend around 200 hours to "get your money's worth" out of $3k machine (did I just correctly math? Whatever.). I doubt I'll hit that with most of my machines, but, the point is, I can still count the enjoyment I'm getting out of something towards the purchase price, which is why I'm okay with taking a bit of a hit when I sell it (and I suspect it's the same reason most people are okay with that).

2 weeks later
#3090 4 years ago

Anybody in canada have any purses they want to sell?

:LOL:

I really am hoping for the dollar to get a bit easier to stomach, but I don't see it happening any time soon. Shame, because I really would like to get another new machine in the next year or so and at that price (the price of 3 high quality 90's dmd games), it's just a lot harder to justify. That being said, SOF, TOTAN and JD have all been collecting dust since I got my STLE, so the bells and whistles clearly matter hah. Maybe it's at this point that we're going to start seeing more people selling off older games in their collections to get newer ones?

#3105 3 years ago

Personally, I found WOZ really dull and lacking in personality. It's like, there's a lot going on, but I don't care about any of it. It had the feel of a slot machine as well (both with the videos and sounds as well as how much it entertains me). Watching the videos of The Hobbit, it seems to have the same problem. I don't think anyone will doubt that WOZ has depth to it and can be really satisfying once you get into it...but I don't want to. I play pinball to have fun, and WOZ just isn't fun to me. Even on freeplay on someone elses machine I feel like I'm being ripped off...how does that work?

#3130 3 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

Whoever bought the Radical off kijiji...... If you want to sell or trade it, please hit me up.
That's one I've been looking for, I was a skater as a kid in the 80's and would love to pick one up!

Yes, and then when you get bored of it, hit me up. This works for everyone!

1 week later
#3233 3 years ago

Does anyone have three pop bumper assemblies that will fit my TOTAN? Me and Nick (boris_37) did the majority of my CPR playfield swap this weekend, and all three of my pop bumpers are in pretty rough shape. The top lenses should be okay, so I mainly just need the assembly. Or, does anyone know the cheapest place I could order some from?

On a side note: this was the first playfield swap either of us have done, and I must say, it's not as difficult as I imagined, but it's every bit as time consuming as I imagined haha.

Edit: Also, if anyone is interested in buying my old playfield, it has some heavy wear and rough spots at the back, but is overall in good condition. Most of the pf is in good to good+ condition, but the back (behind the ramps, can't see it) is definitely players quality. Would prefer to sell somewhat locally, but shoot me a PM if you're interested.

#3236 3 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

Holy crap you did that all on a weekend, nice work!!!!

Still have the top to do, but we migrated all the components over, so the old playfield is completely stripped and the bottom of the of the new playfield is pretty much completely assembled. Easily could have finished it all over the weekend if we dedicated a bit more time to it, but Nick had a friends birthday to attend and I was lazy and gamed sunday afternoon haha.

#3251 3 years ago

Nice looking game! GLWS!

1 week later
#3320 3 years ago

Sweet baby jesus.

1 week later
#3405 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Does anybody know what the going rate is for a Judge Dredd in Canada/on the Prairies?

+/- 3k, depending on the condition and whether it not it comes with original topper and deadworld mod. Playfields on them are almost always awesome shape because of the factory cc, but the cabinets usually have pretty heavy wear.

#3408 3 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I'd be interested around that price. Don't care about cabinet condition, as long as the game is working 100%.

I'm not selling mine, just saying, that's about what we would be seeing them go for. Possibly a bit more because of the exchange rate.

1 week later
#3471 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Im going to put my TZ up for sale soon. I just finished the topper for it. There are lots of great TZ toppers and when I got my machine I asked myself what is the perfect topper for this pin and I thought a replica of an old school TV playing real episodes of the Twilight Zone:
» YouTube video
The episodes being played are the episodes that were the creative influence behind the art work and theme of the pinball machine. So talking tina is represented by the episode "The Living Doll", the cannon on the backglass is represented by one of the Civil War episodes "The Passerby", the Camera is inspired by the episode "A most unusual Camera" and the episode playing on my video is the ending of " The Monsters are due on Maple Street."
The TV housing was picked up on ebay, was soooo lucky to find a miniature sized "floor-model" and the videos are playing on a portable dvd player. Four episodes per DVD and 16 episodes are on 4 DVDs that I made up. As well, during the commercial breaks I inserted all 3 openings of the TV show since the are so cool. The toughest part was dremeling out a channel along the inside of the TV to centre the portable dvd player screen in the TV housing.
Ill have pics on here and Pinball Revolution when I have time to pull that together, its a beauty...

Definitely the best topper I've seen for this game. Nice work!

#3499 3 years ago

I'm just happy I don't have room for anymore, deciding what I want to get rid of to pick something up means my wallet is feeling a lot better lately. It's actually good, because it's making me question which ones I really want to keep.

#3535 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersdotcom:

We are in Vancouver not Edmonton but we can make ribbon cables to your specifications. Also please note that just today we added thousands of NOS pinball parts for Williams, Bally and Allied Leisure to our webstore. Some very rare and hard to get parts which have not been available for some time. http://www.flippers.com/…/pinball-game-parts-williams-parts

Do you, by any chance, have a NOS topper for Judge Dredd?

1 week later
#3557 3 years ago

Dang, wish I had the space. I'm not ready to give up any of my machines just yet

#3560 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

So the Star Trek Premium straight up trade isn't happening? LOL

LOL, nope. Judge Dredd would be about my only machine that would be a fair trade, and after getting a Pinsound board in it and doing a custom outrun/neo-80's/electronic soundtrack for it, I don't think I could let it go. Besides...

15702743650_8e516a95df_z[1].jpg

#3567 3 years ago

I'm thinking STLE is probably the first Stern that is going to fetch money like TronLE has, it's a pretty damn desirable machine at the moment.

#3568 3 years ago

Also, who's got a Tron LE they want to sell me?

#3570 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I have both and think they are the greatest pins that Stern put out but I dont see them trending over 10k. Two STLE's sold within the month for around $8500. TRON LE is higher for some reason at about 10K-11K depending on mods and condition. I personally feel that they should be priced within $500 of each other since I wouldn't pick one over the other at around the 9K-9.5K mark. Just my $.02 as an owner.

My thoughts on them are not that they are actually worth over 10k, but that because they are desirable, it is common place to see them going for that. For a while there, back when the dollar was closer to parity, it was not uncommon to see Tron LE go for 12k. To me that is crazy, but, it is what it is. If people like the machine and don't want to sell it, it takes higher and higher dollar amounts to get them to let it go, which is I think what we saw happen with Tron.

#3576 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Its my STLE for sale. Never posted it here because I knew it would cause and didn't want to have to deal with price police. Since it has come up anyway:
Not making any apologies on the price. It is approx $7900 US, and I am negotiable. I also make no apologies for selling in US equvalent values. When I need to buy a new machine I will probably have to pay US prices, either for a new machine or to get the exact one I want. I'm not going to eat the exchange rate on purchase, and then ignore it when selling. I know that's what some Canadian buyers seem to want these days, and more power to them if they can find people willing to do that.
In the meantime, I am willing to accept trades. If someone wants to buy a NIB GotLE and trade me, I will do that. They are pretty close to equivalent in US dollar values. Also willing to trade for a TWD LE or a Premium plus cash.

It's your game, sell it for whatever you want. I think it's pretty ignorant for people to get all worked up over pricing for newer games. Sure, when I see something like a CV with an outlandish price, that's one thing, but these games are a completely different beast.

Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I would disagree with this completely. Although I would expect a STLE owner to try and pump the game up. Anyone that's played a STLE knows it looks great but the code sucks balls. It is desirable to a small handful of Star Trek fanatics maybe. Tron has excellent code, ST will never have the price increase Tron has had. Plus STLE has absolutely NO gameplay difference over the pro other then a VUK, I would take the pro any day over the LE. TRON LE has drop targets, the ramp lights, different/more callouts and music and an entire extra mode, daft punk multiball. Thus justifying the price difference from the pro.
That price on Kijiji is a rip off. A nice HUO STLE sold on Kijiji here not too long ago for $7500.

Quite frankly, I don't give a shit what STLE sells for, because I have absolutely zero intention of selling mine any time soon. It would take stern releasing an absolute knock out title for me to even consider it. I don't have issues with the code. If people do, then great, they can complain about it and hope for fixes, that's what pinside is for, but for me personally, it's fine and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. To say that ST is desirable to a small handful of fanatics, when talking about TRON (of all things), is pretty funny, but I won't judge you. I enjoy TNG and the JJ Abrams trek for different reasons, and I think it's a fun theme. It has a great light show, great audio, great shaker implementation, the modes are easy to understand yet still satisfying to play, and the layout isn't so confusing as to require too much explaining to any first time players. Any of my guests who have played the game have an immediate understanding of the theme (whether trekkies or not), which makes it easier for them to jump into.

I'm just saying that my *opinion* on why the price is so high is mainly due to desirability. If you disagree, that's fine.

#3586 3 years ago

List things for what you want, and at the end of the day people will either pay that price or they won't. It's not that big of a deal. If you don't think something is worth that cost, fine, but others might. The market will sort itself out.

#3593 3 years ago

I'll let you know the next time one pops up on Kijiji down here. Although they usually get sold within a few hours.

If it can sell within a few hours for 8k, I would say that it is listed at less than what the market deems to be a fair value. Name me any other industry where you can sell something for around 10k in a few hours...

#3619 3 years ago

I don't know what it is in your case, but in this case if you actually read the posts it's not about his price but about the damn price pumpers that came in after. He can sell his game for whatever he wants as stated before but there is no need for the price pumpers to come in and pump the price up to make it look like It is the going rate so they can get more down the line when they sell.

Noooooo, LOTR is 100 times the game ST is. You will probably regret that sale. But good luck either way, GOT Premium looks pretty cool!

But that's not price pumping? Give me a break. ANY hype for ANY game is going to pump the price. What, because people are saying they like a game and that *THEY PERSONALLY* think it is worth a certain price, that's all of a sudden price pumping? Where do you draw the line? Is it only price pumping when someone has one for sale? It can't be, because everyone here has a photographic memory of what *THEY PERSONALLY* think everything is worth hahah.

You want to think of it as price pumping, go for it (even though everyone who has one, who chimed in, said they are not as cheap as you are saying, and that they wouldn't sell theirs), but, for the love of all the is good and holy, stop ragging on people for saying they like a machine.

#3620 3 years ago

Now, back on topic. We can agree to disagree on things, but this thread is about machines for sale. So, aside from Paul's Star Trek, what is still currently for sale from you guys?

#3666 3 years ago

Someone sell me a TronLE and I'll sell my SOF (only room for 4 pins). I'm sick of all this talk, lets move some games!

On that point, if you have a machine that you are on the fence about moving, mention it here with what would get you to sell/trade it.

#3669 3 years ago

Stop responding to things regarding that discussion and it will die. Everyone. Seriously, I just want to read about what's for sale.

Everyone, here is your spirit animal for when people offend you on the internet:

syr57[1].gif

Go to your happy places

#3674 3 years ago

Stop replying. Stop antagonizing each other, or I'm going to get a pinside admin in to give you both a week long vacation. I'm sick of this shit. Enough.

#3682 3 years ago

Nah, everyone's done. What do you got, str8?

Also, I'm 100% about looking for a Tron LE, so if you have one you'd be willing to part with, let me know!

#3684 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Still no nibbles on my TRON:LE for $17K!

Hang in there, someone wants it that bad. I'm not quite that desperate

#3687 3 years ago

Well, I am a big fan of the color changing fiber optics on the LE, and I don't like losing game modes (daft punk on le). Static recognizer and standup targets over drops is a bummer but I suppose it wouldn't totally kill gameplay for me. I suppose if it was a decent price (and preferably heavily modded), I would expand my search to a Pro as well.

#3693 3 years ago

That mistake is going to cost you! Now you gotta sell it to me!

#3694 3 years ago

Did the pro's come with shaker standard as well? Can't remember.

#3706 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersdotcom:

We currently have over 13 pins for sale in our Vancouver showroom starting at $1195 CAD. All pins have had full overhaul and come with warranty.
Shipping no problem.
John's Jukes, since 1979
Flippers.com
Facebook.com/flipperspinball

Any Tron's?

#3730 3 years ago

You don't want to see him posting here, yet he's doing nothing wrong, and it would have been one post that got buried, but because you're a bunch of crybabies about it, and just HAVE to let everyone know how upset you are, it's now being dragged out and burying real posts that have to do with selling machines.

Seriously, is there something in the air? Why has this thread turned into such a gigantic circle jerk?

#3736 3 years ago

When everyone comes together to shut down the bullshit:

Vtp71SX[1].gif

#3796 3 years ago

Welcome Bikleberry!

Send a message to Pauz21, I'm pretty sure he still has his star wars available.
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/pauz21

#3805 3 years ago

Ahhh, shame you don't have the cab for the Bone Busters, that's an interesting game!

4 weeks later
#3915 3 years ago

I finally found a Tron, and due to space limitations, I'm going to sell my Swords Of Fury.

If you're interested PM me. It will not be cheap, so don't waste my time if you're looking for a bargain. I'll try and get good pictures taken tonight, and I'll list out everything that has been done to it. It's by no means CQ, but a lot of work has been done to it.

Also, I'm not shipping, so if you can't come and pick it up, don't bother.

#3917 3 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

Maybe I will road trip up with the Tri-City Americans when they are playing the Oil Kings and take a look at it.

If it's still available when that time comes you are more than welcome to!

#3920 3 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

Congrats on the Tron it is a fantastic title one of my personal favorites!!!!

Thanks! I didn't want to have to import from the states, the exchange really hurts, but it seems that with this title, there isn't much option. Really looking forward to it!

1 week later
#3947 3 years ago

Everyone wants a deal until they are selling their own machine. I just bought my heavily modded Tron Pro from the states because no one here would sell/trade me one. I paid $6500 US + $620 US for shipping + $510 CAD for brokerage. With the exchange at the time, that's right around 10k for a tron pro. I would have paid pretty much the same to buy one if someone sold me locally. Welcome to 2016. Get ready to watch people shipping pins BACK to the states, because they are the only ones willing to pay current fair market value. The reality is that it's not a buyers market right now, and you can't fault sellers for that.

#3961 3 years ago

Fuck all of you. That is all. LOL

But seriously, anyone expecting to get bargains on games in this market (with this many collectors after every good game) is fucking dreaming.

#3965 3 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Exactly, no one is even going to post games fs if all we do is bitch and post stupid shit like this: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-video-games-consoles-other/edmonton/want-a-pinball-machine/1132865105?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Holy shit. Whoever posted that should be fucking ashamed.

Quoted from smokedog:

+1. Though people are still going to try, and then bitch you out when you try and sell at fair market value.

Yep. I've decided that I'm not even going to bother bartering with people if this is how it's going to be. I have room for 4 machines in my main floor game room. I have plenty of space in the basement, but it's just more work to move machines down there, so I was going to limit myself to 4 games so there is less hassle and more likelihood that I will play all my games I do have. I would rather hang on to my game and put it in the basement then sell it for a grand less than it's worth because people refuse to believe that in a global market, the exchange rate matters. I think you've got the right idea in going for a trade on an equal game, it's the only way to reasonably bring in a new game now.

#4001 3 years ago

Tron just depends on how bad a person wants it and how hard it has been for them to find it. Mine was listed at 6500 usd, with damn near everything done to it, and most of the comments on it were talking about how it was listed too cheap and would sell fast (which it did, I was the third offer on it in a few days). It also depends on whether or not the person buying it and the seller want to accept that the exchange rate is a reality in this market. Ballpark, I would say Tron is an easy 8k cad.

ST pro I haven't been following as much, but with the code being pretty solid at this point (something you can't say for every stern), a solid theme and, again, not many coming up for sale, I would say somewhere in the 7-8k cad range. But like I said, I haven't been following pricing on it as much.

#4009 3 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

$1500 swords of fury in Richmond Hill on kijiji
Why can't we get deals like that out west?

Because I'm not letting mine go for that price, not a chance haha.

#4012 3 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Saw one last week for $3000 in Calgary. Didn't seem like it lasted long.

The thing is, almost every SOF is abused. So, everyone who has one has either put money into it themselves, or paid for one that someone else has already put money into. Or it's sub-players condition. I replaced all the boards in mine, had a bunch of new wiring done, etc etc. just to get it working, let alone trying to get it up to snuff from a cosmetic standpoint. I know there's the old adage that you don't get out what you put in, but as I said earlier, I would rather it be in storage than firesale it.

#4014 3 years ago

For the price, that sounds right.

2 weeks later
#4098 3 years ago

I need another 24v splitter for the 24v just inside the coin door on my Tron, does anyone know somewhere I could pick one up for cheap? Apparently light up rinzler is just one mod more than I could fit in my chain haha.

#4126 3 years ago

"Yes, sir, that's correct, this game is worth $500"

#4129 3 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

Be careful, I moved a bunch of games from the states into Canada, and one time they googled the price of the game as I low balled it and were going to charge me their fair price and fine for trying. Luckily I just got a warning.

Aye. Risk you run for sure.

1 month later
#4330 3 years ago

^That is probably the cleanest JD I've ever seen. Are those new decals on the cab? It looks fantastic! GLWS

1 week later
#4369 3 years ago

Holy shit, and some of you wonder why this thread has been quiet for so long! If you don't like the price, or you don't like the game, shut up and go somewhere else. Nobody wants to hear your bullshit. Bunch of fucking whiners. If someone likes the game and is okay with the price, they will buy it. Does that define the market? No, but that game sold for that much and for the people involved it was worth that price. If it doesn't sell for that price, so be it. Either way, nobody wants to hear your whining over how "X isn't worth that much" or "I don't like that game so it's not worth that much". For a bunch of grown men, some of you sure sound like a bunch of whiny snot-nosed little kids.

180px-Funny-man-throwing-papers-air[1]_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#4603 3 years ago

Wow, this thread goes off the rails almost as much as the Alien thread haha.

#4630 3 years ago

Titan bands are awesome, they look like superbands and feel like normal rubbers.

#4633 3 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Have you done all your machines in them? I just helped shop a friend's wof with them and they look awesome! I'm waiting on my order for ngg.

No, but really that's only out of laziness. I have them on my tron (and actually have a complete set of them in clears that I'm going to put on something, possibly tron).

1 month later
#4896 3 years ago

Does anyone know of a place in canada that I could order some flipper rebuild kits for my Judge Dredd?

#4898 3 years ago

Awesome! Thanks.

2 months later
#5137 3 years ago

I haven't locked anything in firm, but with Alien going to be on it's way soon, I will be selling my heavily, heavily modded Tron Pro. Like I said, I'm still figuring out what I want for it and all that jazz, but if you have any interest you can shoot me a message. I'll be taking pictures and whatnot soon, but suffice to say that it has every mod installed with the exception of: clear disc, topper, upgraded speakers.

Comes with: color dmd, cointaker red tremor shaker, custom rgb led backbox lighting and hologram LE backglass, speaker light kits synced to eli ramp lights, lightup Tron apron, flynn's sign, modded mini arcade cab on the pf, lightup hallmark lightcycles, light up recognizer, light up ship on side, a few figurines with zuse eli light up cane mod, colored plastic protectors, modfather shooter rod, stickers for the zuse bumpers and recognizer target bank, mirror blades. Cabinet is the decalled cabinet from the second run. Exterior is in fantastic condition, only fault is one split plastic protector by recognizer.

1 week later
#5176 2 years ago

Sorry about the delay in uploading pictures, but here are the pics of my heavily modded Tron that I have up for sale. High res gallery here: http://imgur.com/a/rdWrV
I think imgur limits the amount of files you can upload now, because I couldn't get the cab photos to upload on there for some reason. Either way, they will be below.

Price is $9500. It has every available mod installed with the exception of: clear disc, topper, upgraded speakers.

Comes with: color dmd, cointaker red tremor shaker (on full power it's ridiculous, I highly recommend these shaker motors, I also have one in my GOT), custom rgb led backbox lighting and hologram LE backglass (as well as the standard pro backglass), ELI light up ramp kits, speaker light kits that are synced to the eli ramp lights, lightup Tron apron, flynn's sign, modded mini arcade cab on the pf that plays little retro game videos, lightup hallmark lightcycles, light up recognizer, light up ship on side, a few figurines as well as the zuse eli light up cane mod (he's standing on the right side looking down into the shooter lane), colored plastic protectors, modfather shooter rod, stickers for the zuse bumpers and recognizer target bank, mirror blades. Cabinet is the decalled cabinet from the second run. Exterior is in fantastic condition.

The cons:
-one split colored plastic protector at the recognizer, but it's still in one piece and is pretty minor.
-the previous owner had an undercab led kit installed (you can see it running down the back of the cabinet in one of the pics), and either during transit or packing on it's way to me it got torn, so it no longer functions. You don't ever see it, so it's not a huge issue, but if you're looking for a 100% immaculate cabinet, that is the one fault to it.
-Not really a con, but the board that matches the speaker lights to the ramp lights does not recognise purple between the speaker lights and ramp lights, so it does not match up then, but it is really awesome outside of that.
-In a few of the pictures I have my invisiglass on the machine. I AM NOT SELLING THE INVISIGLASS WITH THIS MACHINE.

Note: In a few of the pictures the mini arcade cab on the pf is not turned on, common problem with them is the wires wriggle loose over time, it's an easy fix to push them back in tight. I fixed it midway through the pics, hence why it's not lit in all.

L1000530 (resized).JPG

L1000529 (resized).JPG

L1000526 (resized).JPG

L1000545 (resized).JPG

L1000549 (resized).JPG

L1000548 (resized).JPG

L1000544 edit (resized).jpg

L1000543 (resized).JPG

L1000542 (resized).JPG

L1000540 (resized).JPG

L1000539 edit (resized).jpg

L1000537 edit (resized).jpg

L1000531 edit (resized).jpg

L1000528 (resized).JPG

#5184 2 years ago

For specific stuff I often check out places like Edmonton Nut & Bolt or Edmonton Fasteners, but, depending on what you need, you might also be interested in something like this:

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=73

You could always get in contact with Titan and see if they will sell you just a bunch of one specific screw as well, worth a shot.

1 week later
#5211 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Sorry about the delay in uploading pictures, but here are the pics of my heavily modded Tron that I have up for sale. High res gallery here: http://imgur.com/a/rdWrV
I think imgur limits the amount of files you can upload now, because I couldn't get the cab photos to upload on there for some reason. Either way, they will be below.
Price is $9500. It has every available mod installed with the exception of: clear disc, topper, upgraded speakers.
Comes with: color dmd, cointaker red tremor shaker (on full power it's ridiculous, I highly recommend these shaker motors, I also have one in my GOT), custom rgb led backbox lighting and hologram LE backglass (as well as the standard pro backglass), ELI light up ramp kits, speaker light kits that are synced to the eli ramp lights, lightup Tron apron, flynn's sign, modded mini arcade cab on the pf that plays little retro game videos, lightup hallmark lightcycles, light up recognizer, light up ship on side, a few figurines as well as the zuse eli light up cane mod (he's standing on the right side looking down into the shooter lane), colored plastic protectors, modfather shooter rod, stickers for the zuse bumpers and recognizer target bank, mirror blades. Cabinet is the decalled cabinet from the second run. Exterior is in fantastic condition.
The cons:
-one split colored plastic protector at the recognizer, but it's still in one piece and is pretty minor.
-the previous owner had an undercab led kit installed (you can see it running down the back of the cabinet in one of the pics), and either during transit or packing on it's way to me it got torn, so it no longer functions. You don't ever see it, so it's not a huge issue, but if you're looking for a 100% immaculate cabinet, that is the one fault to it.
-Not really a con, but the board that matches the speaker lights to the ramp lights does not recognise purple between the speaker lights and ramp lights, so it does not match up then, but it is really awesome outside of that.
-In a few of the pictures I have my invisiglass on the machine. I AM NOT SELLING THE INVISIGLASS WITH THIS MACHINE.
Note: In a few of the pictures the mini arcade cab on the pf is not turned on, common problem with them is the wires wriggle loose over time, it's an easy fix to push them back in tight. I fixed it midway through the pics, hence why it's not lit in all.

My Tron is still up for sale if anyone is interested!

1 week later
#5224 2 years ago

$$$$$EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE FOR THE RIGHT PRICE$$$$$

lol

#5227 2 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Is $350 the right price? Lol! I'll take anything you have for sale for that price! Lol.

Add a zero and you're in the neighbourhood of my Judge Dredd lol

#5229 2 years ago
Quoted from glauses:

does that mean you are selling your judge dredd inquiring minds want to know

Nah, I would rather sell Tron first. Only reason I'm selling anything is because I need to make room for Alien when it shows up (probably not for another 3-4 months), and I would rather not move any more pins into the basement. I think Judge Dredd is the only one of my machines that I would regret selling.

3 weeks later
#5293 2 years ago

^Can attest that that is a really nice BOP.

I'm still looking to move my Tron, and despite my better judgement I'm dropping my price to $8500 firm. PM if interested.

#5296 2 years ago

That's correct. If you hit the little head and shoulders icon on my post you can go back a few posts of mine to see the pictures and all the details of what's done to it.

#5302 2 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelb:

Thanks, I'll take a look.
QSS

If you've got any questions or want to see anything else, let me know

#5308 2 years ago

I know you guys are joking around, but I was on Nitro's site today and they have a really nice one on there if you're actually interested in spending a bit more on a nice one.

#5338 2 years ago

Looking to trade my GOT Prem for a Hobbit, anyone interested? Prefer within Alberta, but I'll meet someone from sask or BC halfway.

#5353 2 years ago

Anyone know who had that Hobbit for sale in Edmonton? Or who picked it up? I know there is the sponsored playdium ad up on there, but there was another one yesterday that's gone now.

#5355 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Think it's listed again.

Yep, that's the one. Thanks for the heads up.

#5359 2 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Well, they certainly are not giving it away.

No, but I can't really blame them. That's just how the market is now.

#5366 2 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Indeed, its out of hand. That said, the game is really, really good. I cant stop playing it.

I was going to work out a Tron + cash deal to trade for it, but in the end he decided he's not done with it yet and is going to keep it for a while...so the game definitely has *something* going for it, as that certainly doesn't happen with every game out there. I enjoyed the time I've spent on it, but unless I can work out a trade (space limitations), I probably won't be picking one up.

1 month later
#5541 2 years ago

Swords Of Fury is sold pending pickup. Still looking to trade+cash for a Hobbit, with my Tron up for trade. I would also sell the Tron.

#5544 2 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

Nice, making room for some new toys!!!

Oooh yeah! Alien is gonna be heading my way in not too long, and I'm probably going to have to let one more thing go to make room for Dialed In in the spring.

#5560 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Anyone have a newer stern they are willing to sell?

Tron pro from me if you're interested. Not sure if that still classifies as a "newer" stern

#5569 2 years ago

Pretty flexible on the price. Would prefer to move it locally if possible, so I don't have to deal with shipping, but if you're interested PM me an offer and we can go from there.

#5575 2 years ago

Just want to give a shoutout and a big thanks to Lindsay in Saskatoon (FlipMyBalls), he was great to deal with, and now we've both got machines we've been chasing for a while.

#5583 2 years ago

Does anyone have any opto switches lying around? I thought I fixed the crane drop opto on my Judge Dredd but it appears to have failed again so I'll have to replace it.

#5604 2 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Totally thanks. Blowback hooked me up. Thanks! Still looking for that DMD, but I'll fix the power first then look at the DMD.

I have some Williams DMD's from when I put in color dmd's (judge dredd and TOTAN), probably not the same size, but if you want one let me know.

#5625 2 years ago

Tron is on hold, pending a trade, not looking to move anything else at this point.

#5636 2 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I was thinking exactly this the other day, you have to go back many many pages in this thread to see anything besides new Sterns. I think it indicates that even the newest machines don't stack up to old B/W titles, because people are willing to part with their new machines any day of the week, but not with their old.

Many people have already played and owned a lot of the older titles, so their interest in moving those machines is only for machines they really want. I would say the reason people won't part with their old machines is because they will never, ever, get back what they put into them unless they bought in 2001. I think is becoming a bigger and bigger trend, so there are less people willing to move or trade those old machines. The new ones are just a lot easier to move without hurting the wallet, and getting to try something new.

I can say without a doubt that as far as depth of gameplay and replay value goes, the new machines absolutely crush the old machines, so it's not really about them not stacking up against old B/W titles. The old machines have a bit more flavour to them, with more creative designs, themes and toys, so they win out there. It really depends what a person wants out of their games. Some people like EM's, some like Gottlieb's, some like Sys11, etc. Everyone has a preference and there is no "X is better than Y" that covers everyone.

#5649 2 years ago

As much as everyone wants to gripe, this is a hobby in which the market sorts itself out. Don't like high prices? Don't pay them. But as long as someone else does then the prices won't move. While I agree, a 7k F-14 is ridiculous, if that seller has no *need* to sell it, they can wait for someone to come along who wants one bad enough and doesn't know where to look and get that 7k and it makes it worth it.

Everyone who's been around the block at least once on here knows that if you're buying from Bob in Red Deer or SML you're going to get a game that's overpriced and in rougher condition than you might find elsewhere...but they are still in business so people are clearly still buying them. The problem is not overpriced machines, it's that people are still buying them, and that probably won't change, seeing as it hasn't since the early 2000's. In 2006 i'm sure people thought the machines were overpriced compared to 5 years prior when you could get them for pennies on the dollar. But the market and prices have continued to grow.

Also, not to make a jab at anyone or anything, just a general statement, but if you can't afford to spend 3k on something, you probably shouldn't be spending 2k either.

#5659 2 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

That's just not true. When I sell my B/W I will always get my money back and Ive only been in the hobby for 3 years. The only game I've ever "lost" money on is Transformers LE, what a turd, couldn't wait to move that one. The reason I don't want to part with mine is because I fear I will never be able to buy those titles again. ( They rarely come up )

Fair enough, I was just taking a guess. Looks like my other guess (that we're all machine hoarders, lol) was closer to the mark. Regardless of the reason, it seems people want to hang on to the older games, but I stand by my statement that it's not because "they are better games", there are all kinds of games that are good, new and old.

#5718 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Went through this exact decision and went lcd, brighter colours and the former factor makes for easier installs on more games.
You can vary the brightness as mentioned, I'd only get the lcd if you want to run the high rez mode.

The high rez mode is pretty awesome on specific games (Tron, imo), but I would say 90% of what I've played on and seen before, dots still look better. Otherwise it just looks too muddy

#5727 2 years ago
Quoted from puck:

I agree. Much rather have a GB or a TWD
Alien? That shipping yet? Wonder what HR Giger would say about that machine...

"Not enough biomechanical dicks and dripping orifices", without a doubt.

#5728 2 years ago

Also, a shoutout to Perry (Eagles77) from Calgary, he was great to deal with!

#5732 2 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Nice what did you pick up?

Traded Tron for LOTR, looks good next to Hobbit

#5736 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Haven't seen the LE art yet, you never know

True, but I think I'm going with the "standard is Alien, LE is Aliens" idea, because it makes sense from a licensing perspective, and the benefit of LE is you get both. If that does end up being the case, I really don't know what I want to do for trim colouring.

#5737 2 years ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

Good stuff tyler,
I just traded for a LOTR this week as well! so happy with it. Big shout out to applepie (paul). he takes amazing care of his games and threw in so many last minute extras. Awesome guy to deal with

Nice! Yeah, I just have been needing to shake things up a bit lately, and LOTR has been on the wishlist pretty much since I got on Pinside lol.

#5761 2 years ago

Yeah, honestly, gotta say I'm getting pretty sick of reading all the price policing posts in here.

1 week later
#5796 2 years ago

It's bad enough they removed my ability to upload gifs, now this?!

2 weeks later
#5862 2 years ago

I like SM, but that would be a tough sell for me at that price. Not that the game is not worth it, but when you can pick up a newer (or new) VE for a bit more, it's a tough sell.

1 month later
#6296 2 years ago

That's pretty cool. Wish I had the space, I would give it a shot. I would be surprised if they're not active on pinside, seems like a rare/odd choice machine for a random just to pick up.

1 month later
1 week later
#6839 2 years ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only way I will ever buy an AC/DC pin is if they change the entire theme to Maximum Overdrive. Coked up Stephen King multiball!

3 weeks later
#6925 2 years ago

I'm going to be selling my GOT Prem in (presumably) a couple months, to make room for Dialed In LE (or Alien LE, but I doubt that will show up before DILE). If you can find a buyer for Full Throttle I would sell it a bit earlier than I had planned.

#6957 2 years ago

Alright, I'm putting my Game Of Thrones premium up for sale. It's the winter blue version, with the alternate hand-drawn translite done by T-800 ( http://i.imgur.com/wYPUv0B.jpg ). It has the Stern motorized dragon topper and the black Stark version outside rails/guards. I have some Stark speaker inserts and an RGB speaker lighting kit, as well as a few decorative mods in the game. I would be looking to get $9800. Message me if you're interested. Not looking for trades, as i'm only selling to make space for Dialed In.

1 week later
#7043 2 years ago

Just a bump that my GOT Prem is still available!

#7046 2 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

That has the upper PF right?

Yep!

#7091 2 years ago

For the most part, the days of crazy deals are gone. When they are real, the machine is spoken for within minutes of posting.

#7099 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

What's the deal with the Gladiator in a Edmonton? Reasonable price for a DMD, crappy reviews on them though.

I'm convinced that everyone hates Gottlieb except me. I just don't have the space to buy all the wacky and stupid Gottliebs that interest me. Seriously, have you ever played Bone Busters? It's so stupid, it's great.

2 weeks later
#7187 2 years ago

Anyone in Canada going to be buying a TNA? I'm still on the fence because of how simple it is, but it's the first Spooky game that has me even mildly interested.

#7198 2 years ago

Lots of good points, and it's good to see there will at least be a few floating around if I don't end up getting one. Between Dialed In and Alien trickling their way to me, I don't know that I need another pin in the near future, but between TNA and Houdini, both are looking like interesting "different" titles (and by different I mean alternatives to Stern lol).

Quoted from wtuttle:

I'd look at it, for sure. I'm happy with my Domino's and service from Kayte and Charlie.

I forgot about that! I'll have to come by sometime and check it out. So you ordered direct from Spooky then?

#7219 2 years ago

Just posted my GOT Prem. up on Kijiji.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1286389158

Speaking of double edged swords meegis I'm not looking forward to sifting through spam and scam just to sell my game lol

#7221 2 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

That's exactly why I haven't posted any games on Kijiji yet, it can be such a pain most of the time.
The wife would love this game, must stay away and stay focused.

It's definitely a hassle, but if it means moving the game, I'll go for it. Fortunately I haven't had to deal with Kijiji for pinball up until this point.

#7223 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

GOT is an awesome game. I love the premium game best of the three both for looks and gameplay over the pro. This one is very nicely modded too. GLWTS!

Thanks! I agree, and with this translite it really looks great. Only thing I wanted to add to it is the improved/textured castle walls for the upper pf. This is one of those games that never really needed much for mods to fill it out.

2 weeks later
#7351 2 years ago

pinball-rob I should get you to fix that solenoid issue I still haven't been able to suss out on my TOTAN, as a tinkerer I take joy in fixing things myself, but sometimes you just gotta admit that it's over your head lol.

#7353 2 years ago

Shit, I should probably clean my house. You're welcome over any time puck !

1 week later
#7438 2 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

New price:
Hobbit Smaug Gold Edition, less than 100 plays.
$9800

Great price, glws

2 weeks later
#7462 2 years ago