28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1 month later
#189 8 years ago

Where's the topper from?

Jaz

Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Game #54 is now delivered to my house in State College, PA. I'm having a blast with it. If any pinsiders want to come to town to play sometime you're welcome to do so--just PM me. I also have a BK2K, Road Kings, and HS2 that you're welcome to play. Also available in town at a hookah lounge/music store are Iron Man, BSD, LOTR, POTC, and WoZ.
Included with the game were already-installed plastic protectors and what I assume is a spare servo or servo hookup, and it all came in a cardboard box signed by Charlie (I'll put the autographed cardboard box up for auction on eBAY soon--no reserve!--even more valuable if your name is also Joe! Here are a few game pix with mods installed.

AMH.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
cards and flippers.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
game number.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
minion sticker.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
Shooter.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
target decals.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
unwrapped game.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
signed carton.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

2 months later
#409 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Exactly! And thanks again for helping us diagnose that one... was driving us crazy in the shop because it wasn't a consistent issue.
Where's Heck? I'm only saying this one time.... "It's not in the code!"...

Actually, I'm going to say that probably is a code issue. I know it's impossible to predict all the issues that might occur, but having a situation were a stuck or inoperable switch/opto/sensor causes the game to get confused is a bad thing and should attempt to get corrected. So, I'd like to see that on Ben's list for September.

I know there are others, but one game that goes nutz when this kind of things happens is Judge Dredd with the Dead World mod. If the ball gets picked up from the planet as part of starting multiball, but doesn't go through the exit opto, the game is hosed until a power cycle. This could be caused by an intermittent opto or the magnet not holding the ball right. The crane has already decided that the planet is empty since it stops trying to unload it but it is still fried. You have multiball going and you drain balls it didn't "count" even though you're still hitting other switches and targets, it could "soft-recover" at that point but it doesn't.

Now, I'm not faulting JD software guys since the feature was designed out so don't shoot me there. I'm just saying that is those kind of conditions are discovered (like here in AMH), a fix should be attempted in a software update.

I'm going back to waiting in line for my game now...
Jaz

2 months later
#664 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I think my display will stay white.

20151101_120557.jpg 20151101_120625.jpg

Was the white an option that you got installed originally? Or did you put that in later? Is that an Xpin or something else?

The reason I ask is that I definitely like the white better than the green as well.

Jaz

#669 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

That is an X-pin. My original had an issue and the replacement didn't have the green gel applied yet so I installed it white and I think it will stay that way.

As I'm not an Xpin guy generally, do you know how easy it would be to remove the gel once I get my game? Are they glued in or something?

Jaz

#670 8 years ago

Oh, and yea, the Spooky gang rocks. It took some great big ca-hones to quit your job (and have KT not cut them off) and make a flyer of their dream. And now the whole thing is a family affair. Building a new facility to expand, etc.

They are living the American dream (even though there are probably times that Charlie sees it as a nightmare). I am in total awe of what they have been able to accomplish... and a bit jealous that my ca-hones are not that big...

Jaz

3 months later
#851 8 years ago
Quoted from tu71586:

Looking at PinballLife.com, the 3A slo blo fuse is only sold in packs of 100. Sorry if this question is

Nah, you just missed it. Individually or packs of 5 to get a fuse case. You probably should have spares on hand...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3

Jaz

2 years later
#1057 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

If anyone is looking to join this club (or get back in) let me know...mine is up for sale.

Not the kind of thing I expect to see very often...

3 years later
#1915 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

So I've encountered some financial setbacks this month, and now I'm considering parting with my Medisinyl-Mods AMH Conversion set. I know I'm probably gonna regret it later, but since I still don't actually have an AMH, it's the fiscally smart thing to do right now.
The set was made after the 3rd revision, and was one of the last ones shipped out. So if you missed out on the Medisinyl Mod set for AMH, and would like one, message me and we'll see what we can work out.[quoted image]

Someone buy this from Mike. Unobtainium becomes available!

Jaz

1 week later
#1931 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Spooky might have a few spares. The board itself can be repaired it's pretty simple. Unless certain parts became UNOBTAINIUM!

You mean like nearly everything silicon based currently?!?

1 year later
#2067 4 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looks great! Love that kit. Someday Ill add this back. A friend just sold one. The only complaint I hear is you need to add some beefier servos and it would be nice if it could be coded to be a little easier.

Still need to get that kit installed... just not enough hours in the week...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start?tu=jazman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.