28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider icyjones.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1734 2 years ago

Those of you with the feet painted green on your Hellevator ramp, do you know what paint it is? Is it glow in the dark? Mine are clear, and I think the green looks great.

#1748 2 years ago

Oogie Boogie looks great! Really nice job.

2 weeks later
#1758 2 years ago

It is the only pin in my house, until Halloween shows up. It has been played a lot by my friends, myself, and my two boys (4 and 6). Everyone loves it. I am just getting my pinball skills up to snuff, so it has been a fun game to learn shots on.

#1761 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When I say “easy” I don’t mean I’ve mastered it, I mean the shots are easier to make compared R&M or ACNC. This game is definitely challenging, and a ton of fun to play. Will be part of our collection for a long time.

I agree. Even if beating one or two "boss ghosts," it is still a fun play. Also, I can usually call my shots for the most part, but can still get short rounds due to out lanes, or STDM. I think it is fair in general, and definitely gets me in the "just one more" mindset.

#1777 2 years ago

When I brought this game home about a month or so ago, I was playing it initially, without knowing the rules or anything, just having a fun first few games. At some point I triggered a "Flappy Bird" like minigame. Is it well known how to get to this?

#1795 2 years ago

Are there any must do adjustments for a new AMH owner? herg , didn't you post that your had changed some code to make the flippers more sensitive?

#1804 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Not more sensitive, but I did change the code to make the flipper power settings work, along with some other changes. There is not any official build that includes my changes, nor would I recommend anyone who is not comfortable with embedded software and messing with their game to try any of it.
I submitted pull requests with my changes on Ben's github project. If you don't know what that means, I would recommend sticking to the official v23 build.
Must do adjustments? Other than making sure everything works, the thing that I feel affects gameplay the most is the scoop kickout. The scoop weldment changed a bit during the build, and the early ones tend to either kick out too hard, knocking down the right flipper, or the ball rattles around and doesn't get kicked out. Replacing the scoop with a new one from Pinball Life totally changed my game for the better.

I am somewhat familiar with github stuff, but certainly not an expert. I am pretty savvy with firmware, software, and applying modded software, but if it is a little dangerous, and doesn't improve the game massively, I will probably leave well enough alone.

I will have to check out the other things people have mentioned though. I would say overall, my machine plays well. I do get a lot of "jump balls" when hitting posts or when the ball is really moving.

#1807 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So how would ya'll feel about a follow up America's Most Weird (urban legends)?

Only if it also included Big Foot

2 weeks later
#1817 2 years ago

Are there any instructions anywhere for adding the AMH armor from Spooky? I picked up a set from them while getting my Halloween CE. Also, should I just mainly reuse the screws/bolts?

#1819 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When removing the side rails be very careful. When they put them on, they used double sided tape. About 3 inch lengths. One near the flippers and one near the center. Over time these have become ultra strong. Use a hair dryer to gently heat the rail and this the tape. Use a plastic/resin pry tool (like you use to remove the inner panel of a car door). Heat and gently pry until it lets loose. If you get into trouble and it starts to rip the side art decal, cut the decal under the rail with a box knife. There will be damage to the decal, but this will be limited to under the new rail. Otherwise…ya, use the screws and bolts from the original.

Great tips! I am not in a huge hurry to get it on. Figure I might do it all at once with the new Mod set comes.
Is there black vinyl that goes underneath the eyes of the ghost near the buttons on the side armor pieces?

Also, just do one side of the hinges at a time I figure, right?

I might DM you when I go to do it, as it sounds like you just recently got it done.

2 weeks later
#1827 2 years ago

BTW, if anyone would like to sell a Color DMD that is working with AMH, feel free to DM me. I would love to get this machine at its zenith.
Need to look into that audio upgrade mod as well.

2 weeks later
#1836 2 years ago

I hit a high score for me. 95,000,000. I was so pumped to get it. Still really enjoying this pin at home. When I first brought it home over the summer (first ever pin for me) I thought I would never get to the wizard mode, but it is fun to see my skills improve and see that goal is attainable.

1 month later
#1845 2 years ago

Anyone know how to get to the LED strips in the art blade area? They are behind some plastic, and it isn't obvious to me how to get to it.

1 month later
#1876 2 years ago

I bought the armor a while back and just got around to putting it on tonight. I got everything on, but the right hinge piece. I am going to call/email on Monday. I just couldn't get all the holes to line up on that piece.

#1880 2 years ago

Got my Spooky Armor, Customer Shooter Rod, and Medisinyl ModKit all installed on Game Number 50. My wife wants me to sell it to justify the new P3 with Weird Al LE on the way, but trying to fund raise in other ways, because AMH is looking so good now.

PXL_20220304_004809362.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_004809362.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_004818748 (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_004818748 (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_004846175 (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_004846175 (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_004853563.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_004853563.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_005929725 (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_005929725 (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_005946495 (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_005946495 (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_005958368 (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_005958368 (resized).jpg
#1883 2 years ago

I believe the first few games had the option to choose between the more common are, and also art that had the ghost hunting crew on it. I assume this is what Toby's has.

#1895 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The latest software should give the ball back if scoop STDMes.

This is true.

I saw a listing that said their AMH had custom songs during certain modes/multiballs. Is this easy to achieve?

#1898 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Yes, you can swap the sound files on the SD card. You can change any sound or music track. I put some music from Beetlejuice and Pee Wee's Big Adventure in for the Hellevator and Minion multiballs.

That sounds great. Will have to mess with this.

#1904 2 years ago

Mega score. My high is 95 mil. I consider myself an improving Pinball novice though.

#1910 2 years ago

Mine has mirror blades. I don't mind the way they look, but my left sided one doesn't fit that well.

#1918 2 years ago

Those are sharp. I wonder if they would look better than the mirror blades with the new Mod Kit.

4 months later
#1941 1 year ago

I believe this can be eliminated by some more extensive modifications, or adding a little board or something. It was covered earlier in the thread. At work, so I can't dig for it, but it can be done.

#1945 1 year ago

Can I run and install the dedicated DAC without having the color dmd installed? I have thought about the color upgrade, but do kind of like the green as I think it fits with the "night vision" aspect of ghost hunting. Upgraded sound would be great though.

6 months later
#2002 1 year ago

This will be the first one I have seen sold with Medisinyl's mod set. Will be interested to see what you list it for. I can't convince myself to part with it.

#2004 1 year ago

My boys (6 and 8 ) always protest when I bring up maybe selling it too. Another good reason to keep it.

#2008 1 year ago

Sorry to hear it. Good luck with everything.

1 week later
#2018 1 year ago

I need new rubbers on mine. It currently has glow in the dark, but I was thinking of switching to white. Anyone have white on theirs?

#2022 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

#129 all done minus some custom apron cards…
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Are you still selling it?

#2024 1 year ago

Ah, maybe I saw the for sale post you got it from. Welcome to the club!

4 months later
#2053 9 months ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Hi Guys - I have AMH side rails that are NOS. One small imperfection in the finish from the factory, but otherwise excellent. I'd like these to go to an AMH in need, so if anyone needs side rails, you can have them for free, just pay for shipping. PM me.
PS - I miss the game!

Good Seller!
That AMH is still a big hit in my house and at a local show.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider icyjones.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start?tu=icyjones and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.