image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg
There are 1,529 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 31.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

When you send emails asking about timing and he doesn't respond, one gets a bit worried. I know i have sent at least 3 now with no response, but if i ask something about woz he always responds.

I sent one about a week ago to Jen and got a reply the next morning.

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

When you send emails asking about timing and he doesn't respond, one gets a bit worried. I know i have sent at least 3 now with no response, but if i ask something about woz he always responds.

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Maybe i will try her then though i usually hear right back from jack as well since his email goes to his phone :/

#154 8 years ago

Has anyone seen or upgraded to the replaceable artwork? Just curios how it looks in comparison. They had something like this on the prototype at TPF last year and it looked great except that it was wavy. I'm assuming it is better on the production units.

#155 8 years ago

Awesome news about games being in production! I think we will hear about games shipping out to customers very soon.

I have a question for Keith. Are there rule overview screens in the TH similar to those in WOZ and if so may we please see them?

It sure sounds like The Hobbit may have the deepest ruleset ever put in a pin.

#156 8 years ago

Hopefully people will start to receive theirs within the first week of February.

#157 8 years ago

Anybody notice it looks like they moved the knocker coil to the backbox

#158 8 years ago

I just can't help but being negative, every time jjp posts an update pic I just don't trust him. My first thought is that it is staged in some way or it's an old pic of test games or some camera tricks. Only thing that will change my mind is customers receiving machines.

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I just can't help but being negative, every time jjp posts an update pic I just don't trust him. My first thought is that it is staged in some way or it's an old pic of test games or some camera tricks. Only thing that will change my mind is customers receiving machines.

I hear ya. There is absolutely no indication from these pictures that they are close to shipping mass quantities of games anytime soon. These pics look like they are preparing to trickle out 10 games eventually.

Posting on their website that Hobbit production began in late 2015, yet only providing pics of machines with no line of workers is not real convincing.

How many people have they hired to assemble the games? That kind of news would be more informative of the progress than a pic of staged machines.

#160 8 years ago

It's like: Get it on already!!!

I'm absolutely dying to see Lawlor's game... I've be told by a distributor that it would be ready to roll (no preorder) by spring... And his factory looks like an absolute ghost town!!!

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I am right there with ya buddy. One can only take so many lies before they stop believing anything that is presented to them. I want customers with email's saying their games have shipped to begin to be happy. Those easily could have been test games that were built in 2015 for all we know. There is no close up of the number plates or anything to actually id them. Makes you wonder

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Also, since we seem to have some time before a 'real' hobbit update I will cast my 'vote' for the blue bunny as top bunny

I agree

blue_bunny_(resized).jpgblue_bunny_(resized).jpg

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

but who cares anymore

Well obviously JoeJet cares. Otherwise he wouldn't be so concerned about the update. You can't say "Who cares" when you follow something closely.

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well obviously JoeJet cares.

I think many care, including me - and I want it ASAP. But the slow wheels of JJP pin building are moving, so we wait. I really do think they are moving as fast as they can and us yelling from Pinside probably won't help. But at least it gives people a venting outlet.

It will be here one day - and I think we aren't 'too' far.

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think many care, including me - and I want it ASAP. But the slow wheels of JJP pin building are moving, so we wait. I really do think they are moving as fast as they can and us yelling from Pinside probably won't help. But at least it gives people a venting outlet.
It will be here one day - and I think we aren't 'too' far.

JJP builds fantastic high quality games.Hobbit will be fun for new players and challenging for all you tournament geeks.

no yelling or complaining that should speed things up!!!!

#166 8 years ago

I agree with Jack... if WOZ is any indication, Hobbit is going to be killer.

This whole pre-order and 3 years to market is bad news, though. It's hard to believe they're in business with this kind of missed-promises pace.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well obviously JoeJet cares. Otherwise he wouldn't be so concerned about the update. You can't say "Who cares" when you follow something closely.

I dont care how many updates are posted and trying to figure out what they are, when they were taken and what it means. I care about getting what I paid for and was promised long ago. Make sense?

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I dont care how many updates are posted and trying to figure out what they are, when they were taken and what it means. I care about getting what I paid for and was promised long ago. Make sense?

Nothing wrong with that.

#169 8 years ago

Does anyone remember when WOZ finally went to production, was there a big update from jack full of pictures, posts ect? Or did they kinda do what they are doing now and post pictures of games that no one is sure is actual production games. That should be a tell to whether they are actually in production now or they are just working on the test games.

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Does anyone remember when WOZ finally went to production, was there a big update from jack full of pictures, posts ect? Or did they kinda do what they are doing now and post pictures of games that no one is sure is actual production games. That should be a tell to whether they are actually in production now or they are just working on the test games.

Jack posted a video of a "cartwheel". He didn't quite get his feet straight up in the air, but he made a good attempt at it. With video of the truck pulling away.

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Jack posted a video of a "cartwheel". He didn't quite get his feet straight up in the air, but he made a good attempt at it. With video of the truck pulling away.

vstory.bush.banner.afp_(resized).jpgvstory.bush.banner.afp_(resized).jpg

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

yelling from Pinside probably won't help

And it won't hurt either.PLease don't be naive or delusional enough to think anything discussed here will have an effect on shipping games.If you believe that ,call JPOP now and give him your bank account #

Quoted from 27dnast:

Hobbit is going to be killer.

well it certainly "killed" the pre-order sales system.or did it?

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

And it won't hurt either.PLease don't be naive or delusional enough to think anything discussed here will have an effect on shipping games

You say it won't hurt - ok I get that. But then you say I am naive to think that what is said here will have an effect on shipping when I was saying basically the same thing. And then say I should give JPOP my bank account number??? What the hell man?

#174 8 years ago

Not you specifically Goronic!!!I know your too smart to give your bank account to JPOP,and Im on your side.I want everybody to get their games sooner rather than later.

I was trying to make a point of "our" voice not being heard by JJP, or Stern for that matter.Nor was it heard by fucking JPOP when his customers not only wanted updates,but actually wanted to help get the games built.

In other words We the People are being ignored by the pinball makers.

#175 8 years ago

Wow no news { Goodbye to WOZ Sub Assemblies, Hello to Hobbit Beast Mechs! } from JJP Facebook pg dec 1 after 6 weeks why no news

#176 8 years ago

Just about now we should start seeing posts about driving by and checking the parking lot for cars....

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just about now we should start seeing posts about driving by and checking the parking lot for cars....

Can somebody do a drive by on JJP and count how many cars are in the parking lot.

#178 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#179 8 years ago

Ok based on JJP games were suppose to start shipping in February, 2016. So the countdown begins.

#180 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ok based on the latest JJP estimates, games were suppose to start shipping in February, 2016. So the countdown begins.

image_(resized).jpeg

Fixed it for you.

#181 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ok based on JJP games were suppose to start shipping in February, 2016. So the countdown begins.

image_(resized).jpeg

This feels like déjà vu all over again.

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hideimage_(resized).jpeg

I think your countdown needs to show "41 Days Left".

#183 8 years ago

Apart from how poor JJP is at knowing when games will be shipping, they're not showing an ability to produce fast enough to get games out to the majority anytime soon. Many will still be waiting in 2017.

They've proven they can periodically post pictures of games in an empty warehouse, and proclaim that "production has started."

The real news of what's taking so long is not being shared.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Fixed it for you.

Quoted from statsdoc:

This feels like déjà vu all over again.

Quoted from Jvspin:

I think your countdown needs to show "41 Days Left".

I love u guys.

#185 8 years ago

The Hobbit is looking really nice - and I think it would have attracted even more buyers if JJP were able to get the ball rolling on production a sooner. I think, like WOZ, that JJP will eventually get them all built - but the ship may have sailed for some buyers.

I'll wait it out, but this is because this pin is a must have for me

#186 8 years ago

I think this has been a rough road for JJP. Jack's goals and intentions are very admirable......he wants pinball to move forward like the rest of the world. His stated and very reasonable goal has been to build a technologically advanced and superior product in contrast to the more proven, but legacy-based products of Stern. Unfortunately, Jack has encountered many challenges along the way including the constant financal concerns of a cash-hungry start up company as well as the recurrent practical issues of design and development of these very finicky animals called pinball machines. Ultimately, his largest challenge and possibly ( but hopefully not) greatest short-coming has been his inability to get product out in a timely manner. The problem with his recurrent delay in production is that it burns cash at a dangerous rate and threatens the financial stabilty and longevity of the company. Going forward, I ONLY WISH THE BEST FOR JJP, and any other companies willing to face the vissisitudes and challenges of producing these wonderful, quirky, high maintenance toys.

#188 8 years ago

Aside from the possible misspelling, kudos for this word appearing for the first time on pinside!

Dude_(resized).jpgDude_(resized).jpg

#189 8 years ago

Sorry. Vicissitudes.

#190 8 years ago
Quoted from Lotr-Hobbit:

Sorry. Vicissitudes.

Hey...now wait just a damn minute! You aren't a Cardinals fan are ya?

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Don't leave us hanging, any news?

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

image_(resized).jpeg

unnamed_(resized).pngunnamed_(resized).png

#193 8 years ago

It seems like the whole process to get really good code and a lot under the playfield, is a long wait and lead time. I think Pat's game has also had a long lead time, so there is a good possibility that will be of the same build quality as WOZ and Hobbit, with great code. My concern is all the other games after these three. If JJP remains in business they will have to start pumping production faster, which means less time between games, like Stern. Will they be able to keep producing games like these first three, with very deep code, and all the features, like video? Time will tell, but it could be that these first three are going to be the deepest and best games from JJP. I hope that is not true, but I have my concerns. I hope it works out for them.

#194 8 years ago

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

WAIT for it!!! You know someone is going to post "those are just the same cabinets but Jack photo-shopped the pictures to make them appear that the SE are being done" WAIT FOR IT!

#196 8 years ago

Thanks Skyemont! I really didn't want one of these until I saw pics of those cabinets. Pretty amazing.

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

WAIT for it!!! You know someone is going to post "those are just the same cabinets but Jack photo-shopped the pictures to make them appear that the SE are being done" WAIT FOR IT!

LOL. Yep. It is being typed right now.. or the 'there aren't any people' -- clearly Jack is hand-building all of these games himself. (and boy are his arms tired)

or maybe it's like Multiplicity. Jack cloned himself and "Steve"-Jack is running around doing the cabinets.

conspiracy_(resized).jpgconspiracy_(resized).jpg

Thank you Skyemont! These are so awesome, they make me rethink my LE decision.

#198 8 years ago

Hope one of those SE s is mine. Would be great to see a production line!

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

Don't leave us hanging, any news?

Sorry, I already posted her reply, should be shipping in March/April.

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

Thanks Skyemont! I really didn't want one of these until I saw pics of those cabinets. Pretty amazing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,529 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-hobbit-update-thread-1/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.