image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Thought this was a forum not a nanny state. Jack has clearly stated what he thinks of pinsiders and home collectors. When all those people got screwed by jpop, Jersey Jack said it was their own fault and that they should stop whining about losing $. I didn't get taken by Jpop but I did get bent over by Kevin Koolaid so it stings when I read about Jack blaming the victims instead of the crooks.

I recall Jack explaining himself and / or apologizing for that comment. Of course some of the anti JJP people will bring it up for years on end like they still bring up WOZ shipping delays, lol.

1 week later
#155 8 years ago

Awesome news about games being in production! I think we will hear about games shipping out to customers very soon.

I have a question for Keith. Are there rule overview screens in the TH similar to those in WOZ and if so may we please see them?

It sure sounds like The Hobbit may have the deepest ruleset ever put in a pin.

3 weeks later
#509 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Had a great talk with Jack yesterday about the switch to Chrome on the rails (from powdercoat) and a few other things. They already have 1800 Hobbits ordered

That's great. Sounds like it will be a good seller for JJP.

2 weeks later
#575 8 years ago

Now that's a great update. Sounds like games will be shipping very soon.

3 weeks later
#912 8 years ago

Game looks great, nice updates. I'm bummed that the cool LE plaque on WOZ has been reduced to a sticker on the apron...The clear coated wood apron + laser etched numbered plaque on WOZ ECLE's is just awesome and really makes your game feel like it's limited. JJP should have carried the idea over to all of their LE / SE's.

1 week later
#1070 8 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

If anyone want's to assume my Smaug LE order placed through JJP in October of 2014 ($8K), let me know as I am cancelling it shortly.

Great price!

#1085 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I think many folks would agree that TH is indeed a beautiful pin. My Smaug with RAD-cals arrived this week and I'm having a great time discovering the shots and what the release code has to offer. Yes, it is fun.
Keith Johnson is a master of code and the initial release of this software is v00.80, obviously a mere taste of what is to come. We haven't even seen v1.0 yet! Remember when the early WOZ machines were called "little more than a box of lights"? JJP and Keith have proven that they can rock the software side of things and I am fully confident they will do it again. Don't give up.

Exactly, TH is only going to get better from here, much better with each code update. Oh how I remember the early WOZ code days. Here's a trip down memory lane, WOZ version .56, the game has changed so much since then. The same will happen with TH.

1 week later
#1306 8 years ago

Do not underestimate the power of the Keefer

3 months later
#1487 7 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if anothet update comes out by the end of the month. The past 3 updates were released about a month a part and its now been just over 1 month since 1.21 was released.

I agree about their needing to be incentive for playing as well as beating all the modes, and / or sets of them. Right now you only need to be 1 mode to unlock a jewel for Into the Fire, another for Barrel Escape (not in game yet) and one more for Battle of the Five Armies (not in game yet). So only 3 of the games 31 modes need to be beaten to unlock something as of today.

Hopefully Keith implements a reward system similar to LOTR for beating modes. It would also be great if beat X number of modes, say 3, 6, 12, 24, led to unlocking a MB / mini wizard mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 22.50
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-hobbit-update-thread-1?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.