image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 8 years ago

Atleast the Hobbit pinball is better than GOT pinball..

#45 8 years ago

The 2015 thread and the 2016 thread have a lot in common. NO UPDATES!!!

#47 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I thought you were backing out? You counted down every day in November saying that if there was no update you were out.

Who says I didn't???

1 week later
#110 8 years ago

So let me ask this. If JJP is suppose to ship by end of January, 2016 shouldn't he start production now to meet this deadline?

#156 8 years ago

Hopefully people will start to receive theirs within the first week of February.

#179 8 years ago

Ok based on JJP games were suppose to start shipping in February, 2016. So the countdown begins.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Fixed it for you.

Quoted from statsdoc:

This feels like déjà vu all over again.

Quoted from Jvspin:

I think your countdown needs to show "41 Days Left".

I love u guys.

#194 8 years ago

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

Thanks Skyemont! I really didn't want one of these until I saw pics of those cabinets. Pretty amazing.

#204 8 years ago

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Jack should start talking that'd fill the room with a lot of hot air.

Do you dislike Jack? Based on your collection, looks like you love Gary!

#314 8 years ago

I was told I would get my Smaug April, 2016. We shall see.

#316 8 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I was told I would get mine Dec 2014

Things are a little different now. Don't you think?

#320 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Actually, the EXACT same number of TH machines have shipped in Dec 2014 as Dec 2015....so not so much had changed.
You think machines are going to start shipping "real soon", he probably thought (was promised?) the exact same thing in Dec 2014, Jan 2015, Feb 2015, Mar 2015, Apr 2015, Jun 2015, Jul 2015, Aug 2015, Sep 2015, .....

When did you preorder the hobbit?

#335 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yawn.
I'm going to shock you and let you in on a secret:
Some people prefer to buy stuff that they've seen, is finished and is shipping.
So, if I decide to buy a Hobbit, I'll be ORDERING, not PREordering.
Thanks for playing!

Exactly what I thought. Lmao.

#366 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

It does play as good as it looks.

It sure does.

#432 8 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

The first test machine left the factory today. Going somewhere in NYC early next week apparently.
Hobbit_(resized).jpg

This can't be right. The testing was already underway about 30 days ago. Now you are saying they have not even left the damn building until today.

#434 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I think that prototypes were out for testing. I believe that this marks the release of the first actual production machines for test play. That would be the final step before giving the nod to release games for customer delivery.

Ok that helps but I was told (100%) games were being released and shipped in February. Just don't see how this will happen if test games are just going out.

#473 8 years ago

Jack looks very tired in the pic above. Working hard to get these Hobbit out to vendors and customers..

#515 8 years ago

The Hobbit needs to start going out the door this month. It's going to be a damn shame if Stern announces Ghost Busters and 2 months from now it's in people's homes. That's bull S.

1 week later
#527 8 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I am buying this game....But...Is it wrong I want to play all 3 before I slap down 7kplus???

Do you have it pre-ordered? If not, will probably be late summer before you can get one. Just my guess...

#528 8 years ago

12744267_1124676597550935_5698150681658677337_n_(resized).jpg12744267_1124676597550935_5698150681658677337_n_(resized).jpg

#547 8 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

My THSE should be here next month.

Were you told this?

1 week later
#618 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not fixed, replaced.
LTG : )

So how much is this going to slow things down? I guess no Hobbits being released in February.

#632 8 years ago

Can someone post a pic of the area that has the issue?

#713 8 years ago

I was told today by Jen, Hobbits are shipping next week.

#716 8 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

No, but we did joke with Jack about it. Our two year old keeps calling the baby Jack now haha . When we were on our way out Jack gave us a signed translite, it really was an awesome night .

Jack mentioned at the event that Hobbits would be shipping next week as well. We're so close!!

I can't wait. Everyone needs to say the following on this thread:

1. Of course show pics
2. Who did you order from
3. Date you rec'd yours....

#720 8 years ago

#764 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

And so it begins...

Hobbit_275_(resized).JPG

Is this yours???

#769 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Yes.
Excited to get it even though the smart thing would be to wait until they have more games through production. Ah well, someone has to be a beta tester.

CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS. Make sure everyone post the following.

Date you get it
What number you are
Who did you order from

Of course, PICS.

#796 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Hell has froze over! I'm buying a lottery ticket this week!

I'm still trying to figure out why you hate JJP so much???

#808 8 years ago

Ghostbusters is older than the Hobbit films and Stern will sell a pile of them (if it ever gets announced).

Quoted from cooked71:

Exactly - and the new movie also looks really bad. Hasn't stopped everyone getting a h**d on for Stern's GB.

I won't buy one!!!

#828 8 years ago

Remember:

List date u rec'd
Who you got it from
When you ordered it

Pics, videos and reviews of course.

#834 8 years ago

Who is expected to get their Hobbits Thursday or Friday?

#836 8 years ago

Well since a tractor trailer load left yesterday, some people are going to get them.

#845 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I ordered mine Monday - getting it tomorrow (Golem edition)

Good for you but would suck for ALOT of people..

#856 8 years ago

So the truck left on Tuesday and no one is expected to get theirs today??

#858 8 years ago

Who got a call from JJP or your distributor saying your hobbit is on the way to you??

#860 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

maybe this is like the Moon Landing...

I'm just saying a truck went out on Tuesday with Hobbits on it. Someone should have theirs today! Also, no one can say they got the call???? What's going on here.

#863 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I got the call from JJP.
Tracking is kind of generic. Scheduled for tomorrow ( Friday the 11th )

You work for JJP right? I mean customers like me who have nothing to do with JJP.

#875 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

It's starting to look like those who are affiliated with and /or those who are distributors are the only ones who've been contacted. I called today assuming that one of the pins that shipped was mine. I come to find out that it's not shipping out til later next week into early the following week. She stated that she'll be calling all owners when their pin are ready to ship.

I'm assuming that nobody who's not affiliated has gotten a call. Who knows...

Exactly my point. None of these that were shipped were for REGULAR CUSTOMERS. So really, shipping has not begun. Just my thoughts.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#890 8 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

There are already two in Raleigh and one of them is being delivered to Boxcar today.

Still not consumers.

#921 8 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Was starting to really think I should have backed out of my Hobbit Smaug when I had seen the art work on GB.....but after watching the live game play stream I am personally glad I didn't jump..beautiful art work and sound...but lighting seems to feel old in comparison to watching WOZ or TH...game play wasn't getting me excited either...just my early personal opinion that's all ...I am back to feeling very excited to get my Hobbit Smaug

You bet me to it. LOL. I just watched 1 hour of gameplay and now have turned it off. I was not going to cancel my Hobbit order but i always love to hear from Stern lovers, this title is going to kill JJP or TH. GOT did not do it and neither will GB.

#948 8 years ago

Anyone receive their Hobbits yet? Not retailers or distributors, reg customers?

#950 8 years ago

I just got THE call from Jen! My Smaug is in the Shipping Department and will go out today or tomorrow.
I should get it Monday or Tuesday! I am a Day 1 order and just a regular Pinsider.

Oh hell yeah. Now that's the news I'm looking for. CONGRATS!!!

#954 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Not me, but I'm expecting an invite when someone does.

You are always invited to come down and play when I get it. I'm really hoping May.

#967 8 years ago

If Hobbit's have been shipping since last Monday (i was told), where are all the pics, unboxings, videos from people?

#969 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not every pinball buyer posts on Pinside. I'm sure lots are coming.

I think most customers hobbits are being shipped this week and next week. Most retailers, distributors got theirs last week and this week..

#971 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I think it was a mix of customers, retailers, distributors.

I'm sure pretty soon Pinside will be flooded w/ video gameplay, thoughts of the game, high scores. How do you like yours LTG?

#992 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Weird. I've had it happen and ball search kicked it up and out.

Agree w/ you LTG. I have played it about 10-15 times and the one time the ball got stuck, the ball search found it. Hmmmmm

#1007 8 years ago

I hope this thread is flooded with pics, videos and reviews by Friday.

#1066 8 years ago

TaTa please post tons of pics. Have fun tonight!!

#1072 8 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

As of right now I have 5 interested parties. I am waiting to hear back from Jen to ensure that this will work on their end and will get back with everyone as soon as I have her response. Assuming that it is agreeable for JJP, I will offer first right of refusal in the order that I was contacted.
Thanks to everyone for the expressed interest.
Jesse

Why are you selling...

#1080 8 years ago

I think many folks would agree that TH is indeed a beautiful pin. My Smaug with RAD-cals arrived this week and I'm having a great time discovering the shots and what the release code has to offer. Yes, it is fun.
Keith Johnson is a master of code and the initial release of this software is v00.80, obviously a mere taste of what is to come. We haven't even seen v1.0 yet! Remember when the early WOZ machines were called "little more than a box of lights"? JJP and Keith have proven that they can rock the software side of things and I am fully confident they will do it again. Don't give up.

Thank you for posting this. All of these negative comments were making me feel uncertain about my purchase. I appreciate it.

#1086 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Have you played the game ? Did you like it ? Then no worries. It is only going to get better. And it is great as it is now.

I have but it's been about a year. People talking about the ball getting stuck in two areas, etc. I hope a new code is released by the time I get mine in late April.

#1088 8 years ago

I have not had a single ball hangup on mine after several days of play.

That's great. Have you learned any rules yet?

#1090 8 years ago

I think it is fair to say that I have picked up a few basics and am developing suspicions on what a couple others might be.

Do share or PM me. I don't want guesses, i want truth...

#1120 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Just got the call!!! My Smaug LE is shipping out tomorrow, hope to have it early next week!

Great news.

#1129 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Went to Marvelous Marvins yesterday to play the Hobbit. It was turned off. I turned it on and it showed the game had 4 dollars in credits and to press the Start button. Pressed the start button and game wouldn't start. One of the workers said she played it a couple times and the ball would get stuck on the right wire form ramp just about 6 inches above the right slingshot. Kind of bummed as I have one on order as well as a GB.
I love GB, but after looking at Hobbit I'm not 100% convinced I'm going to stay with it. I might just wait for Pat Lawlors game. The start button shouldn't be an issue on a brand new game that's 1 week old.

20160329_145244.jpg

Sometimes this shit happens on new pins. Stern has had a very large amount of new pins hitting people's homes with issues!! It happens. As soon as everyone gets GB (not the best pin in the world) they too will have issues right out of the box.

#1134 7 years ago
Quoted from michiganpinball:

Yea, the switch fell off the back of the start button. Sorry it was down while you were there. You must have caught it just wrong as it was only out a couple hours.

Not a big deal.... Easy fix..

#1149 7 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Smaug #60 has arrived! Or in my case, I got the rare Smuag version!
Delivery guy said it was the second one he has delivered in Vegas already.

image_(resized).jpeg

CONGRATS!!! Hopefully you will have good things to say about it. A lot of mixed reviews.

#1161 7 years ago

Thanks for the pics. This pin is truly a work of art.

#1178 7 years ago

Hobbits everywhere except Richmond, Va.

#1191 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Don't forget to mention that the original art concept on the playfield was changed too. Those a-holes...

I know. I don't understand why they would listen to people who are buying the pin.

#1220 7 years ago

Good to hear all the great news about the Hobbit. I got an email from Jen last week saying i will be getting mine the week of April 18th. I told Jen if she calls me Monday and says its shipping, I will let R & L do so. But, if she calls me on Wednesday or Thursday and tells me its shipping, i told her to hold it. I will take off Friday and drive up to get it. NJ is a 5 hour drive but i could have it Friday in lieu of waiting all weekend into the following week.

#1227 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Just played one on location @mbrew. Several issues.
When you hit the start mode ramp, the ball flys off the wire form and bounces off the plastics into the drain or back in front of the flippers.
The shooter rod is too weak to hit the drop targets.
The ball got stuck under one of the pop up guys.
At that point the machine was shut off.

All of these issues are being addressed.

#1228 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I did that roadtrip to pick up my WOZ at the factory. It was an absolute adventure! I was lucky as heck that Jack was in the office that day, and he gave me a tour of the factory and signed the box for me. If you can swing it that way, I highly recommend doing it.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

Find out when it's going to arrive. Jen called me one day and my WOZ arrived the next. (Courtland, VA). Your machine might ship Thursday and you get it Friday morning.
Hobbit is an awesome looking machine and I know any really serious player will love it.

I just don't want to risk Jen saying Thursday and i wait for it and its the following Wednesday. NO WAY!!! I will just take off that Friday and guarantee its in my hands for game play Friday night. If the call is on a Monday sure, im pretty sure i will have it by Friday. I hope Jack is there but if he is not, Jen said she would show me around..

#1242 7 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Stop. Does not Compute.
Only Stern ships machine without perfect QC or incomplete code.

You are exactly right.

#1261 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No they just ship games that don't add score correctly, have modes with roadblocks, exploitable rules, games with inserts that don't do anything, and so on and so on. It's the way pinball is. No manufacturer is perfect, and this shouldn't be a stern vs jjp thread. I love what both offer for different reasons.

You forgot decals falling off. LMAO.

#1265 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Im not even gunna start with the list of issues my WOZ had when I got it. I will just say that both JJP and Stern need to tighten up their QC.

Quoted from lowepg:

yes, that was my point.... BOTH have room for improvement. I only wish WE, the consumers, would better hold them accountable for it. As it stands now, it's just the opposite.

That's what I'm saying as well. Both have issues. It's pinball. Msch got me started with his comments.

#1273 7 years ago

I would say .028 inch med low tension or .033 inch med tension should fix the issue without busting up the drop targets.

#1282 7 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Looks like the code update is almost here...

Screenshot_2016-04-04-21-19-53_(resized).png

#1297 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Yes, no doubt LoTR has the best call out of any game ever! I sure hope that TH comes close.

It will!!

#1303 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

except those of us that played it many many times actually know already.

You think you know. It's way to early to judge.

#1341 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

In regards to the left ramp ball stuck, i thought i read somewhere that JJP was working on a fix for it. Can anyone confirm?

I heard the same thing.

#1351 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The polite response would be "that is incorrect" followed by the actual reason games have been set up low and slow.

I'm just asking, do u have a Hobbit on order?

#1353 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

No. After my experience as an early owner of WOZ, I have decided to wait until the product is fininshed. Same reason I waited on TWD premium until I picked one up from the latest batch a few months ago.

Based on what I have seen and heard, it's not slow at all. Any pin including Sterns if set up incorrectly and if the pitch is not right will play slow. JJP will get things right. I can't wait to get mine in 2 week .

#1366 7 years ago

This guy gets almost 1MM on the Hobbit.

#1379 7 years ago

Look at what I will have Friday night to play. My hobbit will be landing tomorrow.

1 week later
#1381 7 years ago

Best score I can do so far.

#1385 7 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

I played 6-8 games this weekend and really enjoyed it. Everything about the presentation is extraordinary.
Not enough games to fully judge the gameplay, but it shot extremely well. Flippers were strong, the ramps were easy to hit, and for the most part I felt in control when I was supposed to. My max score was about 400,000…I’m not a great player, but it was a satisfying experience.
I couldn’t really figure out how the modes worked. I could see when I was “qualifying” them, but I didn’t know what, if anything, I was supposed to do next. Something that will come with time, but it was a little frustrating to feel like a newbie again. I just don’t have the visual literacy yet to parse all of the information they present on both the huge screen and the book. Collecting dwarves was easy though.
The four trolls on the playfield will be crazy entertaining for casual players. I can see a lot of people dropping in a few bucks just to play whack-a-mole for a few minutes…very easy to understand what you’re supposed to do and quickly gets you to a multiball. Extremely clever.
So the game was fun overall, but there was at least one technical issue during every single game:
- Every fifth or so time I locked a ball for Smaug, the VUK couldn’t get the ball up. Extremely annoying.
- The worg “troll” popped down right when I hit it, causing the ball to wedge between the playfield and top of the mech. When it went into ball search the top piece was stuck up, impeding gameplay and causing at least two cheap drains. Luckily the operator was there and fixed it after I finished.
- The ball got stuck behind the orbit twice, but I was able to shake it free (1 warning, 1 tilt).
- It seems like the ball search takes a LONG time to initiate. So long that it felt like the game was broken. That was an issue, since I triggered it at leas three times in just a few games.
- The ball fell off the left habitrail return multiple times. Sometimes it got stuck to the left against the cabinet, sometimes it rolled off to the right and went a little wild.
- On a few occasions the ball bounced out of the right habitrail straight into the outline. Not sure if this is intended and I’m supposed to nudge when the ball drops.
It feels like these things can be easily remedied in the home environment, but made a poor impression on location.
Outside of those issues it really does feel luxurious and in a class by itself.

It was not set up correctly. I set my hobbit up perfectly and have had no issues you speak of. The rules are alot to learn. But I tell you the truth, once u figure it out, damn it's fun.

#1391 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

People still getting their machines? Seems a bit quite in here!

Got mine on April 15th. I agree, it is quite..

#1401 7 years ago

I love everything about the SE over the LE except maybe Smaug. Red dragon stands out more. Easy fix if I want too.

#1409 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Isn't one of the modes a two ball?

Yes

2 months later
#1470 7 years ago

This is cool as shit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-hobbit-update-thread-1?tu=skyemont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.