(Topic ID: 72263)

Williams Org Medieval Madness Owners Club *-* The door is open ... c'mon in !!

By Thor-NL

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,533 posts
  • 243 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by WB2000
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8450 (resized).jpg
20240406_141241 (resized).jpg
20240406_141238 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240330_121443540~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpeg
20240329_161549 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_113138876 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112451390 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112318126 (resized).jpg
DSC04563 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7772 (resized).jpg
IMG_7796 (resized).jpg
IMG_7791 (resized).jpg
IMG_7838 (resized).jpg
There are 1,533 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 31.
#851 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

When shooting the damsel ramp on occasion a deep base callout speaks..
Anyone have any idea what it is...
Can't hear it clear enough.

FATALITY. It's a reference to mortal kombat. Just like the damsel saying "SAVE ME" in a super high pitch voice is a ref to Dragon's Lair.

#852 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

FATALITY. It's a reference to mortal kombat. Just like the damsel saying "SAVE ME" in a super high pitch voice is a ref to Dragon's Lair.

Dan Forden who did the music and sound design for MM, was also the composer for the music and sound effects in Mortal Kombat. You can also get a "Toasty" callout on the right ramp as well

The "Fatality" references (Mortal Kombat was owned by B/W/Midway) also appears in other machines such as CFTBL and WCS94

#853 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Dan Forden who did the music and sound design for MM, was also the composer for the music and sound effects in Mortal Kombat. You can also get a "Toasty" callout on the right ramp as well
The "Fatality" references (Mortal Kombat was owned by B/W/Midway) also appears in other machines such as CFTBL and WCS94

Also on Cactus Canyon Continued

#854 2 years ago

Just finished up my play field restore. Man this thing was a lot of work. 7 coats of clear (SprayMax). Leveled all the inserts most were sunk. Little bit of touch up on the artwork not much. Hope to install this winter. The pf in my game is in pretty good shape but not like this one, not now…

BA06DDAE-1B15-46B1-9F77-F83294F2BB47 (resized).jpegBA06DDAE-1B15-46B1-9F77-F83294F2BB47 (resized).jpeg
#855 2 years ago

Hello,
i am a new owner of a MM from Williams. I have a question about this pinball and i hope you can help me.
I have a lot of airballs with this game...is that normal or can i do something about it?
Thanks

#856 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

can i do something about it?

Increase the playfield pitch to slow the ball down a little.

Be sure the foam pad behind each target is in good shape, and targets aren't bent and leaning back.

LTG : )

#857 2 years ago

Ok i do all that ... by doing this"Increase the playfield pitch to slow the ball down a little" then the
game will be quicker right? Is that what you mean?
Sorry for my bad english...

thank you for the help

#858 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

then the
game will be quicker right?

The ball will be slower going up hill towards things that can send it airborne.

#859 2 years ago

Looking to get a 3D translite? Any ideas? Thx.

#860 2 years ago

Personally I think the Flyland Designs one is a better option

#861 2 years ago

LTG
How many degrees is your playfield? Can you maybe take a picture from your true-pitch spirit level...

Thanks

#862 2 years ago

Since yesterday i have 2 problems.
1. i get an error: left gate stuck What can i do about it?
2. When i play, sometimes the music stops playing, i still hear the other sounds but not the music. What can be the problem?

#863 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I second this. I have it in my game and love it.

#864 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Have to agree with this. Brian’s work is incredible!

https://www.flylanddesigns.com/about/

4E38D3E1-D582-4904-93DB-60BFEC9B4098 (resized).jpeg4E38D3E1-D582-4904-93DB-60BFEC9B4098 (resized).jpegE79315D9-130C-42CF-8D53-EF7489103BB2 (resized).jpegE79315D9-130C-42CF-8D53-EF7489103BB2 (resized).jpeg
#865 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

Since yesterday i have 2 problems.
1. i get an error: left gate stuck What can i do about it?
2. When i play, sometimes the music stops playing, i still hear the other sounds but not the music. What can be the problem?

1. Using your program buttons ( behind the coin door) go into test/ solenoids/gate and force that gate to work to see if it is working.
If it works then it should clear the error. If it does not then tilt the playfield and check the wiring going to the gate. Make sure no wires broke off. Everything ok then go back to tests and do a switch test for the right orbit switch while rolling a ball over that switch. If it is intermittent adjust it or replace it. All good there then go to the manual. Use the solenoid chart to find which transistor runs the gate. That could be the issue.
2. With your game off! Reseat all your sound ROMS.

#866 2 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

Looking to get a 3D translite? Any ideas? Thx.

I personally like the 3D translite. But, it is a PIA to get in the channel. I had to use a heat gun to widen the channel. Mine is in a MMRLE.

#867 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Have to agree with this. Brian’s work is incredible!
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/about/[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I second this. I have it in my game and love it.

Thanks for the suggestion. Pretty Cool.

#868 2 years ago

The catapult coil ... the manual says AL 23-800 in my game discovered AE 23-800..
Having an issue with a weak shot from catapult...

Thanks in advance

#869 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

LTG
How many degrees is your playfield? Can you maybe take a picture from your true-pitch spirit level...

I don't go by those levels. Cheap, and not always accurate, even if facing the right direction.

I use an inclinometer. 6 1/2 degrees.

#870 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Weak shot or not shooting up the wireform right ? Clean the wireform. Watch the wear spot on the wirefor where the ball might be hitting it. It should go up the wireform and not at it. Your wireform might need adjusting.

#871 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

1. Using your program buttons ( behind the coin door) go into test/ solenoids/gate and force that gate to work to see if it is working.
If it works then it should clear the error. If it does not then tilt the playfield and check the wiring going to the gate. Make sure no wires broke off. Everything ok then go back to tests and do a switch test for the right orbit switch while rolling a ball over that switch. If it is intermittent adjust it or replace it. All good there then go to the manual. Use the solenoid chart to find which transistor runs the gate. That could be the issue.
2. With your game off! Reseat all your sound ROMS.

Thank you. This helps alot !!!

#872 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your wireform might need adjusting

Washer under the front of the wireform ... raised it up enough to not have the ball rattle through the wireform ...
Thanks #LTG

#873 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

The catapult coil ... the manual says AL 23-800 in my game discovered AE 23-800..
Thanks in advance

Isn't those coils exactly the same strenght? I think the only difference is If they have diodes mounted or not.

#874 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Isn't those coils exactly the same strenght

After some research... yes the same only difference is the placement of the lugs ... no diode on both

#875 2 years ago

Can somebody tell me where in the menu you can enable/disable the video mode please

Thank you

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

Can somebody tell me where in the menu you can enable/disable the video mode please

No way to disable it.

#877 2 years ago

Are these roms the old ones ? do i need to put new ones?
And does it make a lot of difference if i change them?
Thank you

IMG-20220125-WA0016 (resized).jpegIMG-20220125-WA0016 (resized).jpegIMG-20220125-WA0018 (resized).jpegIMG-20220125-WA0018 (resized).jpeg
#878 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No way to disable it.

Closest would be to increase both of these to maximum values so you have to be having a pretty great game to get it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#879 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

Are these roms the old ones ? do i need to put new ones?
And does it make a lot of difference if i change them?
Thank you[quoted image][quoted image]

They are the official releases - there is a 1.09 unofficial release (home use only - free play) on IPDB that provides the below fixes

Changes since version 1.0:

This game is now configured for an 8 meg ROM.

When a troll was hit during the smack-a-troll grace period,
the state of the rule was not being reset properly. This has
been corrected.

Video mode now takes precedence over smack-a-troll when
both are qualified to start from Merlin's Magic (Smack-A-Troll
is qualified at Merlin's Magic after Super Jets is started
for the third time).

When smack-a-troll finishes, the total points scored for the
feature are displayed.

Video mode lamp effect now displays the shoot again lamp, so
the player gets some feedback when he/she collects the video
mode extra ball.

Scored Merlin targets now carry over from ball to ball.

Added a cheer sound to the High Score display effects.

The 1 coin buy in adjustment no longer appears in the pricing
adjustment menu.

Changed the video mode cow qualification count (launching
the cow from the catapult) from 3 to 2.

Troll lock and troll eject combo awards (the ones that award
troll bombs) were being given out during multiball. This has
been corrected.

The High Score title for the multiball madness champion was
being plotted incorrectly. This has been corrected.

Ball search of the tower lock post was causing switch hits
(and thus, awards) on the tower exit switch when a ball was
stuck in the tower area. This has been corrected.

Fixed a bug in custom message that would cause some messages
to be displayed incorrectly.

#880 2 years ago

Great!! i wil order one. Do you know where in the bach box it goes?
And i saw allso 5 sound roms( S2 to s6), it's beter to change all of them i think, right?
Thanks for the quick help

#881 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

Great!! i wil order one. Do you know where in the bach box it goes?
And i saw allso 5 sound roms( S2 to s6), it's beter to change all of them i think, right?
Thanks for the quick help

No the Sound ROMs haven't changed from 1.0 that you already have.

The games ROM chip that you'll change on the CPU board (lower left side of the backbox) will be labelled and easily identifiable. It's chip G10 on page 2-8/2-9 of the manual (you can download the manual from IPDB)

#882 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

No the Sound ROMs haven't changed from 1.0 that you already have.

The games ROM chip that you'll change on the CPU board (lower left side of the backbox) will be labelled and easily identifiable. It's chip G11 on page 2-8/2-9 of the manual (you can download the manual from IPDB)

Circled in red. The ROM has a notch on it, get it in the same spot as marked on the board. Don't go by the label.

cpu (resized).jpgcpu (resized).jpg
#883 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The ROM has a notch on it, get it in the same spot as marked on the board.

This is an example on the notch on the ROM and on the board.

closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpgcloseup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
#884 2 years ago

I ordered just one.
Thanks for the help guys!!!!
So there is one video mode, i saw it yesterday, but is there allso a second one?
And where the 5 sound roms are(s2 to s6), there is an empty space for another rom... do you have it to ? Or do i miss one?

#885 2 years ago

so finding this game very tough to beat! What is a decent score for this game I average 40-90 million points in a game, feeling like I play forever and still cant get to the Final Kingdom Mode. by percentage my replay level is at 97 million.
any tips on gameplay to beat the King of Payne

#886 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

so finding this game very tough to beat! What is a decent score for this game I average 40-90 million points in a game, feeling like I play forever and still cant get to the Final Kingdom Mode. by percentage my replay level is at 97 million.

I’ve only ruled the kingdom once in 15 years of ownership and the ending was glorious. You can set the game to four balls and make sure the tilt bob isn’t set too sensitive. I also nudge a lot to avoid cheap drains. I think the score was around 500m that game. Getting some extra balls is also essential. Such a timeless amazing game along with AFM.

#887 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Set the game to "award extra ball" for replay, 4 levels of replay (they auto adjust), and set extra balls to unlimited. This doesn't guarantee you will get to the end but there's a better chance. Go for the easy extra balls. 2nd castle, super jackpot in castle MB, 10 hurry ups, royal madness. I also focus on getting video mode lit for that EB as well. Keeping 2 troll bombs (if you get them awarded) makes BFTK easier. I often stack 2 EBs on ball 1 (2 castles and super jackpot). For Royal Madness I keep the trolls for a quick hit in case my timer is about to run out. i.e. aim for the harder shots first like the catapult, especially with the short ball save at the beginning.

My 1st replay level starts at 99M so I need a killer game anyway to get the EB advantage.

#888 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

My 1st replay level starts at 99M so I need a killer game anyway to get the EB advantage.

same boat .... actually funny that the high score was done Dec 2012 never beaten since....at 309 million !
frustratingly fun game !

#889 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

same boat .... actually funny that the high score was done Dec 2012 never beaten since....at 309 million !
frustratingly fun game !

I've had my game since June 2020. Took me about 9 months to get to BFTK for the first time(and fail). I play pretty much every day and got better at it.

In the 1.5 years of ownership I've gotten to BFTK about 10-12 times I'd guess. Beat it 5 times (3 in the last 6 months).

It does get easier with practice. I find it easier than melting the witch on WOZ or escaping Nublar on JP. It's hard for a WPC but easier than modern Sterns.

BTW my outlanes are stock setting (wide open).

#890 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

And where the 5 sound roms are(s2 to s6), there is an empty space for another rom... do you have it to ? Or do i miss one?

Your game is correct. Check your manual.

#891 2 years ago

I know , i ordered one but it has not arrive yet.

#892 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I find it easier than melting the witch on WOZ

You had me until this, I think melting the witch is WAY easier than getting to, much less winning BFTK. That doesn't mean either is easy, but I can get to MTW pretty regularly.

#893 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

You had me until this, I thinking melting the witch is WAY easier than getting to, much less winning BFTK. That doesn't mean either is easy, but I can get to MTW pretty regularly.

Now that I think of it you're right. I don't play WOZ much so in reality I do get to BFTK more often than MTW but only because I don't play it lol.

I just don't play WOZ nearly as much as all the other games. I find it dark and clunky (but pretty to look at). My wife loves it so it's staying.

#894 2 years ago

Beating the wizard level on this game is more possible with a different strategy than playing for high scores. I have done it about a dozen times in about 15 years on factory settings. Concentrate on the more difficult modes and let the easier ones happen on their own. Game times will be shorter and scores will be lower, but when you break through on one difficult mode, once in a while other ones will follow. Eventually, you will reach battle for the kingdom and maybe beat it if you’re not too nervous by then. My problems came when I started playing in a pinball league and didn’t know the strategy of playing for a high score (not only on MM but other games as well).

#895 2 years ago

When i shoot in Merlin, the ball won't stay in the hole sometimes. What can i do so the ball
stay more often in the hole?
And i'm gonna put a color dmd , but witch one? Led or lcd?...

thanks

#896 2 years ago

Put some ‘drop dead foam’ on the back of the scoop for the Merlin hole. That will cut down your bounce-outs greatly.

#897 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Circled in red. The ROM has a notch on it, get it in the same spot as marked on the board. Don't go by the label.
[quoted image]

Is it possible i have to put the ROM where my finger is? ( its U6 ) Because the rom that i received is a bit bigger and doesn't fit where you told me
to put it...

20220128_164812 (resized).jpg20220128_164812 (resized).jpg
#898 2 years ago

This is the name of the rom
S-WMS-50059-CPU-U6-L1.09c

#899 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

Because the rom that i received is a bit bigger

Please post a picture of it.

#900 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

Is it possible i have to put the ROM where my finger is? ( its U6 )

You are correct. It goes in U6.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,533 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medieval-madness-owners-club-the-door-is-open-cmon-in/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.