(Topic ID: 72263)

Williams Org Medieval Madness Owners Club *-* The door is open ... c'mon in !!

By Thor-NL

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,526 posts
  • 242 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Chosen_S
  • Topic is favorited by 164 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_141241 (resized).jpg
20240406_141238 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240330_121443540~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpeg
20240329_161549 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_113138876 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112451390 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112318126 (resized).jpg
DSC04563 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7772 (resized).jpg
IMG_7796 (resized).jpg
IMG_7791 (resized).jpg
IMG_7838 (resized).jpg
IMG_0856 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
There are 1,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 31.
#901 2 years ago

No problem... i know nothing!

#902 2 years ago

Update went wel .
Is a color dmd much beter for the MM? And if so, witch color dmd? Led or LCD...

#903 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

Update went wel .
Is a color dmd much beter for the MM? And if so, witch color dmd? Led or LCD...

Color DMD is one of the best modifications you can do to any game especially MM. The LCD is the better option (IMHO) because of its enhanced mode that provides a really nice resolution.

#904 2 years ago

OK after many months of being away I am back to working out the bugs from my PF swap. I have two issues more issues that have arisen (one preexisting) that I was hoping folk could help me with.

Pre-existing: balls get trapped in between the Merlin hole and its front gate. The gate is one way and does not allow the ball to roll forward. Is this correct? If so is there anyway to fix this so I don't have to lift up the front of my cab to free the ball.

Post PF Swap: The catapult red target is almost impossible to hit now. I am guessing it's either the way I re-installed the metal brackets or that the catapult gate doesn't have enough clearance to allow the ball to roll freely in. A tough one to try to recreate to verify. Can anyone tell me if there are washers or anything under the gate.

Many thanks in advance.

#905 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Pre-existing: balls get trapped in between the Merlin hole and its front gate. The gate is one way and does not allow the ball to roll forward. Is this correct? If so is there anyway to fix this so I don't have to lift up the front of my cab to free the ball.

Yes it's a one way gate. I'd adjust the gate such that when it is down there is less room between the gate and the saucer hole.

Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Post PF Swap: The catapult red target is almost impossible to hit now. I am guessing it's either the way I re-installed the metal brackets or that the catapult gate doesn't have enough clearance to allow the ball to roll freely in. A tough one to try to recreate to verify. Can anyone tell me if there are washers or anything under the gate.
Many thanks in advance.

There's no washers under the gate bracket but post a pic of the catapult area and maybe another with a ball positioned under that gate such that we can compare it to our games or maybe pick something up that is not correctly installed.

#906 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Color DMD is one of the best modifications you can do to any game especially MM. The LCD is the better option (IMHO) because of its enhanced mode that provides a really nice resolution.

100% agree on this, ColorDMD LCD in High Res looks fantastic in MM, huge improvement!

#907 2 years ago

Anyone have a left wireform ramp for sale? Part 12-7377.2

Also interested in any other unique MM parts... ball guides, castle parts, troll parts, etc

#908 2 years ago

I bent the piece above the merlin hole so the ball stay beter in the hole and it works.
But now, the ball has trouble coming out. It needs 2/3 pushes to come out.
Is it possible to adjust the piece that pushes the ball out? So the ball is pushed harder...
Thanks

#909 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

Is it possible to adjust the piece that pushes the ball out? So the ball is pushed harder...

It was designed to dribble out.

I've found lowering the left side of the whole assembly makes the ball sit in there better and pop out a little better. Under the playfield, loosen the screws holding the whole assembly to the playfield. Stick a fat washer on the left side between the metal plate and playfield. Tighten the screws.

LTG : )

#910 2 years ago

I'll try that. Thanks LTG
You know everything about this game!!! (good for me )
Do you know this, i found that the bridge makes a lot of noise when going up and down. Is that
normal? Or is there something i can do?

#911 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

Or is there something i can do?

Grease the gears. Something plastic compatible.

Be sure the front pivots points aren't peened over from ball hits. If they are, remove the unit, take of the drawbridge, pound/file them flat again. A drop of oil on each side.

#912 2 years ago

Question, I have an MMR LE and noticed that the coin door lights are really dim. I replaced them with Comet LED bulbs but then they dont work. I put the others back in and they work but are very dimly lit. Is this normal? Are all the Remakes this way?
Thank you for any help

#913 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I replaced them with Comet LED bulbs but then they dont work.

Did you try turning them around ?

#914 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you try turning them around ?

yes i did. same result. No light

#915 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Question, I have an MMR LE and noticed that the coin door lights are really dim. I replaced them with Comet LED bulbs but then they dont work. I put the others back in and they work but are very dimly lit. Is this normal? Are all the Remakes this way?
Thank you for any help

This thread is more focused on the original B/W MM - might be worth asking on the MMR owners thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed

#916 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

This thread is more focused on the original B/W MM - might be worth asking on the MMR owners thread

Dang it! my bad....Thanks for the link

#917 2 years ago

@ LTG
only a washer on the left screw or the 2 left screws please?
So the washer comes on the under side of the playfield. Wil the ball not
be ejected more to the left?
20220201_181105 (resized).jpg20220201_181105 (resized).jpg

#918 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

only a washer on the left screw or the 2 left screws please?

It doesn't have to be on a screw. I'd do to the left of them between the metal plate and playfield.

Quoted from patje:

Wil the ball not
be ejected more to the left?

Ball kicks out to the right. Just sits to the left a little better to get a better hit.

#919 2 years ago

My MMR LE seems to be missing the gate in the Joust lane. (Pic below)

It does not appear to effect game play. What is its purpose? I do not see (or am just missing it) anything in the owners manual…

145A004A-4FCB-424A-9133-5F99B3E7A496 (resized).jpeg145A004A-4FCB-424A-9133-5F99B3E7A496 (resized).jpeg
#920 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

My MMR LE seems to be missing the gate in the Joust lane. (Pic below)
It does not appear to effect game play. What is its purpose? I do not see (or am just missing it) anything in the owners manual…
[quoted image]

That just blocks balls that don't make the ramp coming make down and going SDTM. It forces those balls to the right side of the ramp such that they return to the flipper

#921 2 years ago

Hello all,

Does anyone have a scan available of the 1,2,3 lock triangles, inserts in front of the castle door?
My game is all good, but those three inserts are messed up and I'd hate to buy a whole decal set for just three inserts.
Any help would be appreciated

#922 2 years ago

@ LTG The washer helps very goog thanks. The ball pops mutch beter out now. I'm gonna put some
foam on the merlin's scoop and it wil be perfect.
Thanks for the help

#923 2 years ago

When playing, i can go up the right ramp and save " the prinses". But one time, the right ramp was open
to save the prinse, i shoot the ball to the right to the jets and on the screen it said that i saved her ...without
going on the ramp. Is that possible or is there something wrong?

#924 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

When playing, i can go up the right ramp and save " the prinses". But one time, the right ramp was open
to save the prinse, i shoot the ball to the right to the jets and on the screen it said that i saved her ...without

Sounds like one of your related switches if registering phantomly, probably from vibration. You could put the game in switch test and bang on the playfield with your hand to see if / what's registering and then adjust that switch.

#925 2 years ago

ok i wil do that. thank you

#926 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

Another possibility if you can't find a switch registering when bumping the PF as per bobukcat's suggestion, would be you may have a shorted switch diode causing multiple switch triggers. To test this, go into switch test mode and trigger each switch on the right orbit (lower & upper), the roll-over lanes at the top and pop bumpers switches - watch the switch matrix display on the DMD to see if when triggering a single switch whether multiple switches are showing up on the display. Switch 58 is the Damsel switch in the tower.

#927 2 years ago

Ok. I wil try that too.
thanks

#928 2 years ago

Anyone have some MM wireforms for sale?

1 week later
#929 2 years ago

OK, I hope these are my last two issues with this PF swap. As I mentioned above, I am having a difficult time hitting the red catapult target. I thought the wire gate was hitting the wireworm and not giving enough clearance, but that is not it. Maybe the post sleeve is too thick? t just hits that post and bangs off. My flippers are dialed in correctly.

My right ramp, repro is also not sitting correctly for the Damsel Save. It's as far off to the right as it can go, so I am at a loss. Has anyone else put in repro ramps and had this issue?

0 (resized).jpeg0 (resized).jpeg0-1 (resized).jpeg0-1 (resized).jpeg
#930 2 years ago

perhaps dremel out the hole a little to move it over to the right !

MED EVEIL  (resized).jpgMED EVEIL (resized).jpg

some how the castle turret looks off should be facing the ramp not the side of the cabinet!

#931 2 years ago

more I look at that picture ... think you need to look at the right damsel castle assembly, dont think its installed correctly !

paging #LTG

#932 2 years ago

Try @ instead…

LTG

#933 2 years ago

Your castle is misaligned

20220218_164932 (resized).jpg20220218_164932 (resized).jpg
#934 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Try @ instead…

LTG

Thanks

#935 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

OK, I hope these are my last two issues with this PF swap. As I mentioned above, I am having a difficult time hitting the red catapult target. I thought the wire gate was hitting the wireworm and not giving enough clearance, but that is not it. Maybe the post sleeve is too thick? t just hits that post and bangs off. My flippers are dialed in correctly.
My right ramp, repro is also not sitting correctly for the Damsel Save. It's as far off to the right as it can go, so I am at a loss. Has anyone else put in repro ramps and had this issue?[quoted image][quoted image]

Is the gate wire hitting the plastic where the red arrow is? One way to confirm this would be to remove the wire from the gate to see if the issue is associated with the wire or the something else as you are now suspecting. Also looking closer at that pic where the green arrow is, is that cover a separate piece of plastic (not part of the original plastic)?

MM catapult (resized).jpgMM catapult (resized).jpg

Here is a pic of mine which show a very different plastic set up - see the gap from the gate to the plastic to allow the gate to swing up out of the way

MM Catapult (resized).jpgMM Catapult (resized).jpg

Also here is my damsel alignment - definitely looks like your damsel and tower are rotated (note how my damsel is square on to the front of the game)

MM Damsel (resized).jpgMM Damsel (resized).jpg

#936 2 years ago

Need a little help fro my fry-ends.

This little nugget wedged in my troll when he was closing.

And ideas where and the easiest way to put er back on?

DDF3E922-8591-4EB4-8636-C2A6AA492D6B (resized).jpegDDF3E922-8591-4EB4-8636-C2A6AA492D6B (resized).jpeg
#937 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Is the gate wire hitting the plastic where the red arrow is? One way to confirm this would be to remove the wire from the gate to see if the issue is associated with the wire or the something else as you are now suspecting. Also looking closer at that pic where the green arrow is, is that cover a separate piece of plastic (not part of the original plastic)?
[quoted image]
Here is a pic of mine which show a very different plastic set up - see the gap from the gate to the plastic to allow the gate to swing up out of the way
[quoted image]
Also here is my damsel alignment - definitely looks like your damsel and tower are rotated (note how my damsel is square on to the front of the game)
[quoted image]

Last picture, I like the plastic used here for ball deflections lol! It's real purpose is to be installed between the dragon wings.

#938 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Need a little help fro my fry-ends.
And ideas where and the easiest way to put er back on?[quoted image]

It is the back plate behind the trolls that holds them on. Best way is to completely remove the bracket/coil toll assembly to reinstall this back plate, sorry but a bit of a pain to do.

#939 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Last picture, I like the plastic used here for ball deflections lol! It's real purpose is to be installed between the dragon wings.

LOL yes I noticed that having taken the photo - and here's me thinking that my game was missing that plastic (I just needed to look for it elsewhere). It's not the one that goes between the wings, but between the dragon and the wireform (based on what others have posted)

MM dragon (resized).jpgMM dragon (resized).jpg
#940 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

LOL yes I noticed that having taken the photo - and here's me thinking that my game was missing that plastic (I just needed to look for it elsewhere). It's not the one that goes between the wings, but between the dragon and the wireform (based on what others have posted)
[quoted image]

Yes, my mistake you are correct. Just knew it was supposed to be in that area.

#941 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Quoted from Mikespinball:

It is the back plate behind the trolls that holds them on. Best way is to completely remove the bracket/coil toll assembly to reinstall this back plate, sorry but a bit of a pain to do.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

easiest way to put er back on?

Under the playfield unplug the connector for the troll face switch. Then remove the hex head screw holding the troll carriage to the plunger. Wiggle them apart. Lower playfield. Back up on top lift troll carriage up and out, lean to the left so the arm that trips the up/down switch clears the playfield.

LTG: )

trollback (resized).JPGtrollback (resized).JPGtrollbolt (resized).jpgtrollbolt (resized).jpg
#942 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Under the playfield unplug the connector for the troll face switch. Then remove the hex head screw holding the troll carriage to the plunger. Wiggle them apart. Lower playfield. Back up on top lift troll carriage up and out, lean to the left so the arm that trips the up/down switch clears the playfield.
LTG: )
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks The Greatest.

Was like a 5 minute job. I was able to take the top lid off and start and thread the bolts in from above.

My troll is back to trolling!!

#943 2 years ago

Thanks everyone. I'll have another look at the castle, I thought that was ok, given you could only really put it together one way.

I'll take some pics of that ball gate area again too. I candy tell you how much I appreciate your help and insight on this.

#944 2 years ago

I got the translucent plastic that mounts on top of the castle towers to prevent ball hangs, but I'm not sure what way the protruding piece should face. Currently I have both pointing to the left as I felt that made most sense but I'm still unsure if correct.

Anyone got any pictures or know the intended orientation?

#945 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

My troll is back to trolling!!

He posts on pinside?

#946 2 years ago

The MM I bought was routed. Finally got around to a proper shop job on it. That protective layer of dirt had an extremely nice playfield underneath

I’m not a big fan of mods (except colordmd) but I did manage to locate a translucent backboard and put 4 separately wired flashers behind it. The lightning strikes look amazing

1AAA0C19-760C-414E-B476-990520C0FD42 (resized).jpeg1AAA0C19-760C-414E-B476-990520C0FD42 (resized).jpeg60591232-4AF6-4D50-86BC-BBF25B9B69A7 (resized).jpeg60591232-4AF6-4D50-86BC-BBF25B9B69A7 (resized).jpegB45CA96F-A394-4BFE-8B6A-AFE9011FBEB6 (resized).jpegB45CA96F-A394-4BFE-8B6A-AFE9011FBEB6 (resized).jpegD022397C-ACEE-41EE-AC73-AC896C5700F4 (resized).jpegD022397C-ACEE-41EE-AC73-AC896C5700F4 (resized).jpegE82FC797-F011-47C5-A5AB-618DA3182D47 (resized).jpegE82FC797-F011-47C5-A5AB-618DA3182D47 (resized).jpeg

#947 2 years ago

Is the correct color for the pop bumper ring black?

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Is the correct color for the pop bumper ring black?

That's what is listed in both the manual and the parts list; and also what's on my machine

03-6035-7 wafer-jet bumper black

#949 2 years ago

Challenge time!!

04-10753.2 - ballguide #2

Does anyone know which ball guide this is? Have a picture?

#950 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Challenge time!!
04-10753.2 - ballguide #2
Does anyone know which ball guide this is? Have a picture?

I'm not sure its the correct guide, but its numbered as #2 (and out of stock but there is a picture)
https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/mm-bg02.html

if it's the correct guide then it's located just below the entrance to the catapult (I think, writing out of my mind and not verified it).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
There are 1,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medieval-madness-owners-club-the-door-is-open-cmon-in/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.