(Topic ID: 72263)

*-*Medieval Madness Owners Club*-*-> The door is open ... c'mon in !!

By Thor-NL

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 829 posts
  • 152 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Manny65
  • Topic is favorited by 113 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211009_091709 (resized).jpg
20211009_091658 (resized).jpg
20211009_091750 (resized).jpg
20211008_182809 (resized).jpg
20210919_110143 (resized).jpg
DSC00577 (resized).JPG
MM dragon plastic (resized).jpg
20210707_171213 (resized).jpg
20210918_083220 (resized).jpg
20210918_083213 (resized).jpg
20210918_083154 (resized).jpg
20210918_083149 (resized).jpg
20210918_083159 (resized).jpg
IMG_8092 (resized).jpg
IMG_8090 (resized).jpg
IMG_8091 (resized).jpg

There are 829 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
#801 70 days ago

The dragon looks better without the protector. I reckon it's an easy decision to remove in a home use environment. Not that it really makes that much of a difference

#802 70 days ago

Took apart my trolls to replace the heads and now the left troll switch registers both trolls as hits. I’m baffled

#803 70 days ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Took apart my trolls to replace the heads and now the left troll switch registers both trolls as hits. I’m baffled

If it was working before you worked on it. It's something you did. Go over your work carefully. Be sure you didn't mix up troll head connectors with the up/down connector. Check wires and diode for shorts too inside the metal cage.

LTG : )

#804 70 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it was working before you worked on it. It's something you did. Go over your work carefully. Be sure you didn't mix up troll head connectors with the up/down connector. Check wires and diode for shorts too inside the metal cage.

Thanks, I checked the connectors and they are correct. How do I check the diodes for shorts in the cage? I am getting a bad left up switch test report but the left up switch works fine when I run a test

#805 70 days ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

How do I check the diodes for shorts in the cage?

Look at them - the solder or lugs shorting to metal ?

Is the left up switch stuck closed ?

Did you just screw on new faces or did you do wiring too ?

#806 70 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Look at them - the solder or lugs shorting to metal ?
Is the left up switch stuck closed ?
Did you just screw on new faces or did you do wiring too ?

I didn’t do any wiring. I installed new heads with illuminated led eyes. Though I currently have the leds unplugged because I thought they may have been causing the issue… the left ups switch looks fine, and it works fine when I test it. Though I am getting a test report that says is bad… when I do a switch test the only issue is that the left troll head activates both the left and right head switches…

I did have to take the troll head switch apart to fit the head on there, maybe I put it back in the wrong order? Would that cause something like this?

Edit: so I fixed this issue. It was a problem with the mod. Thanks

#807 70 days ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I didn’t do any wiring. I installed new heads with illuminated led eyes. Though I currently have the leds unplugged because I thought they may have been causing the issue… the left ups switch looks fine, and it works fine when I test it. Though I am getting a test report that says is bad… when I do a switch test the only issue is that the left troll head activates both the left and right head switches…
I did have to take the troll head switch apart to fit the head on there, maybe I put it back in the wrong order? Would that cause something like this?
Edit: so I fixed this issue. It was a problem with the mod. Thanks

Just throwing this out. But could it be that the leaf switches are not making contact? Maybe the new head is positioned slightly out more, not making enough contact?

#808 70 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Just throwing this out. But could it be that the leaf switches are not making contact? Maybe the new head is positioned slightly out more, not making enough contact?

It was an issue with the mod, thanks

#809 70 days ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It was an issue with the mod, thanks

What was the issue .... always helps when you post the cure , as someone else may have the same issue?

#810 70 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

What was the issue .... always helps when you post the cure , as someone else may have the same issue?

After installing my troll heads a few months ago mine had the same issue. One of the wires for the led eyes was getting in the way and troll was binding. In my case I just had to remove the shrink wrap I put on the wiring, it made the wiring too thick and caused the issue.

#811 70 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

It’s complicated and fringe… long story short I am using the wolfsoft mod which uses a board to control the leds when you actually hit the troll switch. I believe the issue is that the troll bracket is a tight fit between the wires for the eye leds, basically the bracket was making contact with the eye wire and created a short connection between both trolls through the board, even though I had the board unplugged from power. That probably doesn’t make sense unless you have this specific mod lol

2 weeks later
#812 54 days ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Can’t pick upon one for the life of me

After much wailing, gnashing of teeth and lamenting that the gods have forsaken me, lo a MM has been bestowed upon me

#813 54 days ago

After much wailing, gnashing of teeth and lamenting that the gods have forsaken me, lo a MM has been bestowed upon me

Congrats !!! The king has arrived ... in an amazing collection, holy cow!!

#814 54 days ago

What's better than one MM? Well, two MM of course!

20211008_182809 (resized).jpg

The second one is a friend's pin I'm fixing for him.

#815 54 days ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

What's better than one MM? Well, two MM of course!

What a relief ....thought I drank too much !

#816 54 days ago

Quoted from Thor-NL:

Congrats !!! The king has arrived ... in an amazing collection, holy cow!!

A bit of a BW obsession

#817 53 days ago

A bit of a BW obsession

Nothing wrong with that

Is that the complete WPC collection?

#818 53 days ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Old or new owners, lets share the love and pic's of this GREAT pin.

Gonna join here again soon. This time with upgraded machine. Looking forward to saving some damsels in distress and smashing some castles!

#819 53 days ago

The Merlin plastic was a little underwhelming so gave it some life ..

20211009_091658 (resized).jpg20211009_091709 (resized).jpg20211009_091750 (resized).jpg
#820 53 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Nothing wrong with that
Is that the complete WPC collection?

12 or so missing.

2 weeks later
#821 36 days ago

having a troll issue…

Getting left and right up switch bad errors and neither troll solenoid is firing in any solenoid test

I tested the switched and they all work. Usually when I get a switch error and I test the switch the credit dot goes away but not this time…

And… now my flippers aren’t working…

#822 36 days ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

having a troll issue…

Getting left and right up switch bad errors and neither troll solenoid is firing in any solenoid test

I tested the switched and they all work. Usually when I get a switch error and I test the switch the credit dot goes away but not this time…

And… now my flippers aren’t working…

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-flippers-and-trolls-not-working-

#823 36 days ago

It's been months since I finished off my PF swap, and I am only just now getting around to playing some games. Oh man, this is just nasty with the cleared PF. The ball spin and air balls are bonkers.

One area I am having some issues with is with the Merlin hole and multi ball. It announces "whatever" multi ball, but the balls are not being released from the trough. My DM did this and it was a bad trough PCB. It's clearly a breakdown in communication, I just wasn't sure where.

Also just now some wire guide thing just fell down from the castle area and now I can't shoot a ball through. Not sure what the heck it is, I'll have to look at the breakdown. I've never seen it before.

All in all not bad given a full swap.

#824 36 days ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Also just now some wire guide thing just fell down from the castle area and now I can't shoot a ball through. Not sure what the heck it is, I'll have to look at the breakdown. I've never seen it before.
All in all not bad given a full swap.

There is a "one-way" wire guide that prevents the ball from going backwards through the castle. I had the problem I think you are describing. The ball will not go through to destroy the castle. This wire guide can get flipped past its stop then prevents the ball from going through the castle as it should. try to roll a ball through the castle by hand and see what it does.

#825 36 days ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

There is a "one-way" wire guide that prevents the ball from going backwards through the castle. I had the problem I think you are describing. The ball will not go through to destroy the castle. This wire guide can get flipped past its stop then prevents the ball from going through the castle as it should. try to roll a ball through the castle by hand and see what it does.

Thank you! In the year I have owned it, it's never happened. I assumed it was part of the breakdown.

#826 35 days ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Thank you! In the year I have owned it, it's never happened. I assumed it was part of the breakdown.

It slipped past the stop on mine. I bent the wire guide arm a little so it would not happen again.

1 month later
#827 22 hours ago

I've got a drawbridge issue that I'm trying to troubleshoot - in test mode if I run the drawbridge test it intermittently works. Checking the output voltage from the Motor Driver EMI board to the motor I get 13V (12V Unreg) which drops to 1.5V when the motor runs (or should run). Sometimes the motor will run as expected however other times it fails to turn - yet a gentle turn of the pinion gear on the motor will start the motor. Here is video of the issue showing the motor failing to start properly 3 times but then correctly starts on the 4th time - the voltage drop seems to be consistent regardless whether the motor starts or not - is the issue the motor or on the EMI board?? Any suggestions or tests I can do to determine where the issue is? Thanks

#828 22 hours ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Any suggestions

Do you have a color DMD in the game ? If so unplug power to it and play the game blind. See if that helps your 12 volts.

#829 19 hours ago
Quoted from LTG:

Do you have a color DMD in the game ? If so unplug power to it and play the game blind. See if that helps your 12 volts.

No ColorDMD or other mods ... and I haven't done any work recently on the machine. Re-seated the Power Driver board 12v connections to the PF and checked the voltage at the Power Driver board and the Motor EMI board - both are showing just over 13v

There are 829 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside