(Topic ID: 72263)

*-*Medieval Madness Owners Club*-*-> The door is open ... c'mon in !!

By Thor-NL

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 484 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by freegame450
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 158 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200628_140801 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200628_140823 (resized).jpg
8ED34461-3D7E-44C9-BF97-164B332A4E13 (resized).jpeg
5B033FC4-6F10-4315-BD7E-A7E5EEC9ADAB (resized).jpeg
808E9A64-52D0-4358-A922-3A1080D0C5E2 (resized).jpeg
422F3337-ADD6-47CC-A9B2-F31D9FDCBC9F (resized).jpeg
2868CF0C-B702-45FB-80AF-80733BD9C6B3 (resized).jpeg
E5241CFB-1CBE-47F3-B1AC-E8A41CD0D21C (resized).jpeg
F73D8F91-5F97-4457-8822-201A93991E11 (resized).jpeg
BD8292F3-9E56-4D5D-B840-A6F1F93F631E (resized).jpeg
20200501_023600_resized (resized).jpg
Medieval-Madness-Backglass-2 (resized).jpg
Medieval Madness Brian Allen (resized).jpg
563D141F-5360-4370-906A-AA66AB67C219 (resized).jpeg
EF54CCFC-D051-4FC5-B95E-BFAA47E99003 (resized).jpeg
MM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

After you destroy all of the castles how do you defeat the King of Pain? I always thinks the game will go into a mode or lights start flashing or something but nothing happens that helps me to know what to do next.

Same way you beat all his men, hits to the castle drawbridge then gate then into the castle. It just takes a lot more hits (don't know the actual count for each) and the moat does pulse the entire time once you beat the first five men and KOP is up next.

2 weeks later
#84 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

you guys have a problem with peasant ramp/catapult returns bouncing out of the inlane into the outlane? pretty f'n annoying. i was thinking of trying some strategically placed rubbers to work as a bit of a stopper on the end of the habitrail.

I had this problem when I had Titan silicon rubbers on the slings. I messed with it for hours and thought I had it fixed many times but as soon as multi-player games or competition really started it came back. I put black rubber on the slings and haven't had the problem once since. One of these days I'll probably try to revisit it but for now it's staying with black sling rubbers.

1 month later
#95 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m still having issues with my trolls, I need to figure out which capacitors are in their power circuit. Would anyone happen to know?
The trolls won’t work until I go in to test mode and let them pulse for about 20-30 seconds each. I have to do this every time I turn on my mm.

Because the trolls have power and hold circuits they are handled by flipper circuits. Q84 and Q81 are the power (raise) drivers and Q83 and Q86 are the hold drivers. There are no capacitors in these circuits so something else is causing this. I've never seen this before, did both Trolls start having the problem at the same time? Are the flippers strong and working properly when the trolls won't pop up? Check the connectors at J119 and J120, make sure they are not burnt and that they are tight. I would then measure voltage at the tab of Q84 and Q81 (in Solenoid test mode with the interlock switch pulled out, hopefully I don't have to tell you to be careful while doing this as high voltage is present).

1 month later
#110 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I need to replace the bulb for the red dragon. Can anyone point me in the right direction for and LED. I saw the bulbs that pinball pro has but I prefer and LED bulb. Thanks in advance

I don't have a lot of experience with LED flashers but all of them that I've seen are larger than a 906 so you'd have to check for physical size. Comet is usually my go-to for LEDs but again, I don't usually convert flashers to LED with a few exceptions.

1 year later
#236 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Optos are fine. Figured out that when flipper is pushed, the two plastic legs that open and close the opto, where not coming out enough. I took it out shave it down a bit, and now it clears the opto path.
One problem remaining... The "danger" warning goes off every time I start Multiball Madness. I haven't had a chance to do much process of elimination, but I think it only happens when the multiball is started and troll and catapult are lit.
Seems kinda weird.
Anyone have ant thoughts on this?

Is it a tilt warning?

#240 1 year ago

I'd put it in switch test mode and start hitting switches to make sure only the correct one is registering, start with the troll you replaced then the catapult and tilt Bob and all other switches in those rows and columns.

6 months later
#309 1 year ago
Quoted from acidburn:

Hmmm, I see that there are two nuts on the solenoid bracket that allow me to move the solenoid further back (I assume to adjust the strength)
Maybe worth adjusting?

Yep, that's how I adjust VUK strengths all the time.

2 weeks later
#327 11 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Not sure if it's connected, but aren't these chips supposed to have a sticker protecting them from light exposure?[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes they should but with them being inside the backbox they aren't going to receive enough light to really cause an issue, I'd still put something on them though.

#328 11 months ago

Would the corrosion be near the batteries or could it be elsewhere?

Directly below and above the battery holder is where you would see it. You might want to post your issue to the Tech: Modern Game thread to get more exposure and suggestions. Despite the popularity of this game this thread doesn't really see a lot of posts / traffic.

#332 11 months ago

Do you have a contact for Chris? Or what is his username here?
I'm curious as to why people go with offboard battery holders, when you could just install NVRAM?

Installing an off-board battery holder is much easier than installing NVRAM on these games because the chip is not socketed and the traces on the boards are fairly easy to screw up. You also lose the clock and midnight madness modes unless you also install an external battery holder. Personally I went the NVRAM route because I can do the board work myself just fine.

4 months later
#354 7 months ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Ok, I am confused and look to Pinside for wisdom and guidance (with my flame underwear on),
Does Williams (original) Medieval Madness have a Midnight Madness mode or not?
I have seen contradictions on this, so asking here.
I can't find anything in the manual about it.
Thanks heaps!

I've read that it does, have always meant to set the time on mine to see it but have never done so. I have NVRAM and no batteries in mine so playing it actually at Midnight (which I've certainly done many times but not specifically on purpose to see the mode) doesn't really work.

1 month later
#374 5 months ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Just finished shopping my MM out and I have a plastic I can’t recall where it goes. Any help? Thanks!
On a side note I added some spotlights to highlight the castle, dragon, and playfield. Definitely brightens up these areas well.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your picture isn't the greatest but that looks like it might be the one that goes over the Dragon to prevent an air-ball from getting stuck on it's back.

3 months later
#452 62 days ago

The "fix" for drawbridges that won't go all the way up anymore is not real easy and involves using some cable ties to help make the fit tighter. As is stated in here balls getting stuck behind the drawbridge may result in the cable tie getting broken or pushed up but that's better than breaking the link assembly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adjusting-gatemedieval-madness

1 month later
#469 29 days ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

I bought out the inventory from a guy that was active in the 90s, but hadn’t done anything since 2000. Lots of NOS parts.
I listed a bunch of castle parts, dragons, a green moat (with switch and lights), a set of plastics ...
All are NOS from late 90s.
Wasn’t sure how often people go scan eBay, so thought I’d mention it here.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Might help people find them if you included a link to your listings.

2 weeks later
#477 14 days ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Bidding was very busy in the last 90 seconds. Shipped that and the first Troll Assy yesterday.
This weekend should be interesting too with over dozen ending on Sunday (Pin*Bot, TOM, AFM, SS,MM)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

People still snipe E-bay auctions? Wow what a flashback, I hardly buy anything on there anymore.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside