Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,469 posts
  • 443 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 8.21.48?PM (resized).png
    IMG_1593 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2061 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 8.43.57 AM (resized).jpg
    google (resized).jpg
    3oforH0q_1811141354531 (resized).jpg
    rain sing (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1710278609225 (resized).jpg
    Resized_20240306_152326 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2055 (resized).jpeg
    old (resized).jpg
    Bob-Lo-Island-from-above-scaled (resized).jpg
    IMG_0867 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0865 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpg
    shopping (resized).jpeg

There are 7,469 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 150.
    #1 5 years ago

I drove thru our local college town yesterday; it must be orientation as all the optimistic new students were walking around campus with their parents. I must not know how to "age" people any more as most of the students looked like they should be in Middle Grade School vs. college.

I remember back to thinking when 30 was old.

To me age is a state of mind -- I usually don't think about it but every now and again I get reminders that I'm not the young buck anymore.

A couple more off the top of my head -- You know you are old when:

You make noise when you sit down (or stand up).

Your kids can fix all your IT issues.

You can afford to buy a pinball machine!

Anyone else have any more to add?

#2 5 years ago

Yesterday age came up when talking about a movie outbreak, and this girl had no idea what the movie was. She said she was born in 1996 and that just sounded weird to me. She asked me when I was born and I answered 1972, she replied that's when my mom was born. I truly felt old as I walked away.

#3 5 years ago

My grandkids are the same age as most of my co-workers actual kids.

#4 5 years ago

When the music you grew up with is starting to be considered classic rock.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

My grandkids are the same age as most of my co-workers actual kids.

I resemble that remark...

#6 5 years ago

Wait till you get really old - that is when the artist that did most of the music you enjoyed growing up are all dead. And "old people" don't really look old anymore - they just look like someone your age! Dinner conversation is about chair lift, power chairs & needing new glasses instead of talking about what your plans are for the weekend.

Thankfully I am not their yet but I am knocking on that door!

#7 5 years ago

Don't get me started.

#8 5 years ago

A late night party night is making it to 10 if your lucky. We still party hard just the hours have changed. More like a 10am to 6pm instead of 10pm till 6am.

#9 5 years ago

One bad sign is when you start getting senior discounts for restaurant purchases and you didn't even ask for it.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

You can afford to buy a pinball machine!
    Anyone else have any more to add?

Well, I bought my 1st pin when I was 12 ( a less than 2 year old Tropic Fun) so I don't know about that!

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

One bad sign is when you start getting senior discounts for restaurant purchases and you didn't even ask for it.

That happened to me for the first time over 10 years ago. What I hate even more is when a waiter comes to the table and asks "what will your daughter be having" when I am out for dinner with my wife. (She is only a year younger than I am but looks great for her age). Typically when that happens I tell the waiter "thanks for making my wife feel good but remember I am the one leaving the tip".

I don't mind getting older but I do hate thinking that puts me that much closer to being dead. What I always find funny is when you are younger you can't wait to get older but once you are older you wish you were younger. Anyway these days I look at it as: "at least I am alive to bitch about getting old".

#12 5 years ago

You fart and you really do not care who hears it or smells it.
    Maybe just hoping it does not leave a mark.

#13 5 years ago

I knew it was the beginning of the end when everyone I encountered in public started calling me sir.

#14 5 years ago

When pinball prices seem too high.

#15 5 years ago

When you refer to the 35 year old Red Hot Chili Peppers as "new rock"

#16 5 years ago

When you find yourself stealing the TV guide from the Sunday paper.

#17 5 years ago

You think a sports bra on your car still looks cool.

#18 5 years ago

When people call at 11 p.m. and ask, "Did I wake you?"

#19 5 years ago

You have sex with the day-shift strippers and feel good about it.

#20 5 years ago

When hair starts to grow in places it didn't before.

#21 5 years ago

You are craving a Zima.. better yet a Zima gold.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

You think a sports bra on your car still looks cool.

What’s wrong with that......oh,oh....

#23 5 years ago

I started to feel old when i couldn't understand what my teenage kids were saying anymore

#24 5 years ago

You stop trying to change the world and just say fu** it let's go play some pinball instead.

#25 5 years ago

You know someone is old when they fall the first thing is concern and not laughter.

Pretty sure I'd laugh at all you old farts.

#26 5 years ago

A couple years ago when we got together with family over Christmas I was sitting talking to my brother-in-law about health issues and all of a sudden I stopped mid-sentence and said "OH SHIT I am the old guy" - everyone in the room busted out laughing. When you are younger your health issues (or lack of them) rarely come up in conversation - when you get older it seems like that is what you talk about the most!

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I knew it was the beginning of the end when everyone I encountered in public started calling me sir.

This just started happing to me lately, sucks.

You know you’re old when you remember when rainbows were black and white.

#28 5 years ago

When online. you click the dropdown menu for your birth year, and you have scroll forever to get there.

#29 5 years ago

Only thing that bugs me is seeing games restore I once uncrated when they were new and came out.

LTG : )

#30 5 years ago

When you can't find a girl in your age group at FarmersOnly.com

#31 5 years ago

When you need to squint to read Pinside Posts....

or you tell others to talk to your Good ear.....

Naps are a good thing.

#32 5 years ago

When you buy a pair of reading glasses off the shelf at the pharmacy to work on your pins. FYI they are amazing.

#33 5 years ago

How about when this was something you used and not a decoration.

IMG_1590 (resized).JPGIMG_1590 (resized).JPG
    #34 5 years ago

Hahahahaha, Bryan Kelly! We all know it’s hard being retired! (In a home)
    As for me when the youngns don’t know The Goonies, I feel old!!!

#35 5 years ago

Almost every sentence starts with "they use to"

#36 5 years ago

Waiters and cashiers start calling you “sir”. The absolute worst!

#37 5 years ago

You know you are getting older when all of the DJs start sounding like braying jackasses. You know old is here when you have no doubt that the DJs are indeed a bunch of braying jackasses.

#38 5 years ago

Pinball games were a nickel...

#39 5 years ago

When you were a kid a candy bar was a dime and gas was 35 cents a gallon.

#40 5 years ago

When you’re in the Baby Boomer Club

#41 5 years ago

When your high school diploma is older than your boss. And the summer interns say OMG you've been at this company longer than I've been alive.

#42 5 years ago

When you qualify for a senior discount although it's pretty nice.

#43 5 years ago

20 years after he changed his name, you still call him Puff Daddy

#44 5 years ago

When your dad could fix the tv by buying a bulb and an ice cream for you at the same place and time while picking up some developed photos. Just to get home and have you open the garage, turn through all the channels, and then have to go mow the lawn.

#45 5 years ago

When you start talking bout back in the day when you rode your bmx bike to the arcade and played games and hung w your friends..not like a lot of today’s kids hanging in front of a computer or glued to their phones..

#46 5 years ago

I felt old seeing a picitue of eminem's daughter graduating....and also seeing a pic of the baby on nirvana CD cover and he looks super old now...

#47 5 years ago

My older brother tells me I'm old.

#48 5 years ago

When a customer calls me to pick up a pinball (t2)and I remove the transformer to lighten the weight prior to carrying out.

#49 5 years ago

When you watch The Tonight Show for a week and you have never heard of any of the guests or musical acts.

#50 5 years ago

When you can't get down on the ground to use the turtle method for moving pinballs around. Pinball trolleys are great!

There are 7,469 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.