Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN9010 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20240424_173431.jpg
    438712280_7241935899188350_8066440579298486095_n (resized).jpg
    MV5BMWE3ZThjM2UtMTg2NS00NjY3LTk5ZGEtMTdlYmY3OGE2ZmZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 5 years ago

Almost every sentence starts with "they use to"

4 years later
    #6007 9 months ago

When you start yelling at the dam neighbor kids to get off your grass.

2 months later
    #6194 6 months ago

I had this. Spent Sunday nights recording Dr. Demento. Trying to make music tapes and hoping the dj doesn't talk over the song.

panasonic recorder (resized).jpgpanasonic recorder (resized).jpg
    #6196 6 months ago

Yes, I still have them, not on cassette though. Actually I have all of my old cassettes somewhere. I have to look for them, but what am I going to play them on?
    Pencil neck geek, Barnes &Barnes, Tom T-bone Stankas, Stu Dave & Hank. All before Weird Al's my bologna.

#6207 6 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

You know you’re old when you don’t have to pay a penalty for IRA withdrawals. I turned 59-1/2 today!

Hap Birt

3 weeks later
    #6289 6 months ago

When six million dollar man first aired we would all run around at school in slow motion. Must have looked like all the boys were on drugs.

#6317 6 months ago

I was at magic mountain when it opened. I was able to ride the revolution when it opened that day. Fun times.

#6321 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Broke my heart when they took out the Log Jammer. We came up the hill on Gold Rusher and saw it and my daughter started laughing at me when she saw the sadness I was feeling.

I haven't been back in probably 25 years. I had a friend that worked as a waitress at the restaurant across from the log jam.

#6322 6 months ago

Use to love spin out. Closed often due to cleaning up all the barf.

Spinout.jpgSpinout.jpg
    #6324 6 months ago

Don't forget rollercoaster

2 months later
    #6880 3 months ago

All I wanted was a banana board with chicago trucks and urethane wheels but my parents bought me a wooden board with clay from toys r us. I was so upset. This was early 70s

#6887 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This guy bought our local rink that used to be called Roller Village... changed the name to his, and it was never quite the same again.
    He had a really big heart.
    I guess if you can name him, you might not be that old.[quoted image]

Billy Barty, Meet him and got an autograph when I went to watch them film Sigmund & the Sea Monsters. Before the set fire.

#6889 3 months ago

I still have my skates. My rink was Northridge Skateland. Used them a few years ago.

#6891 3 months ago

I bought mine while in college. I think they are rydell boots or something like that, yellow wheels. Tuesday night was adult night and then Black Angus for pitchers of kamikazes. Love that fast forward and advance backward to spirit in the sky.

#6953 3 months ago

I remember spending hours watching scrambled ontv just incase I could make out a nipple.

urfypk6q8tv21 (resized).jpgurfypk6q8tv21 (resized).jpg
    #6980 3 months ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Billy Jack goes to Washington was banned in many theaters, I still have not seen it since
    Tom Laughlin owns the Movies and refused to release them to video.
    This may have changed since his death.
    He ran for President many times.
    Last photo I saw of him he had super long white hair like David Allan Coe.

I have it on DVD, part of the Billy Jack Collection.

2024-01-13 18.34.13 (resized).jpg2024-01-13 18.34.13 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #7043 3 months ago

Every time you fall requires surgery. Now getting sixth rotator cuff.

#7048 3 months ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Sixth?
    I fall all the time. Use to work at UNC and bit the dust many times.
    A few years ago thought I needed rotator cuff service.
    Quick turns would bring tears level pain.
    Found out I was hunching over a guitar trying to learn and it locked my shoulder up.
    Most of it was tension coming from the neck into the shoulder.

I did my left 20 years ago due to skiing. We'll not really skiing, but falling. The right a few years later for the same. Guess I'm better at falling while skiing than skiing. Good thing I wear helmet. Had to do the right again a few years after that. Then there was nothing left to repair so I had a cadaver flap. Turns out, it was too thin. Then all that's left is a shoulder replacement. But during covid an experimental balloon was developed and I was the first in my city. Two years later all's good on the right. But with all the problems over the years on the right the left gave out. They wanted to operate back in April and I said no. 9 months to year recover sucks. The balloon was 1 month. But falling on the ice in my driveway was pretty bad and now there is an urgency to get it done with a thicker cadaver flap since the balloon will not work with what I have left. So, on to the next surgery.

1 week later
    #7199 82 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You know you are old when.... you remember when King Dongs came wrapped in foil.[quoted image][quoted image]

I thought they still do. But then again I haven't had one in 30 years. I remember going on a school field trip to the hostess factory and getting them free back around 1970.

#7227 77 days ago
    Captain-Kangaroo-good-morning-captain (resized).jpgCaptain-Kangaroo-good-morning-captain (resized).jpgromper-room-0fa82379-4113-4b07-bbc8-437e6ca9cd3-resize-750 (resized).jpegromper-room-0fa82379-4113-4b07-bbc8-437e6ca9cd3-resize-750 (resized).jpeg
    #7232 77 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, this was high tech back in my day.
    [quoted image]

I took a "clicker" apart when I was kid to see how it works. There were different size metal posts with a spring around it and a strike plate. I figured the frequency created by the different lengths of rods did different things. Since, when my dog would run around the room the jingling of his tags would change the channel.

#7235 77 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You know you are old when.... you understand this t-shirt [quoted image]

That made me laugh.

#7238 77 days ago

Watching this live.

steve_martin-king_tut-snl-1978-22 (resized).jpgsteve_martin-king_tut-snl-1978-22 (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #7320 59 days ago

I had these in 1971.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-?tu=avspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.