1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1,411 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 231 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Unknown (resized).jpg
    97308700d81551e29a0a0d1348ba98fea97d22bb (resized).jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    220px-Farrah_Fawcett_iconic_pinup_1976.jpg
    download (4) (resized).jpg
    index(5).jpg
    HS1.jpg
    pass2 (resized).png
    groucho (resized).jpeg
    Father-knows-best (resized).jpg
    51gdTv0DYNL (resized).jpg
    index(6).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    imgres (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 1 year ago

One bad sign is when you start getting senior discounts for restaurant purchases and you didn't even ask for it.

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from avspin:

Almost every sentence starts with "they use to"

OR, “I remember when there was nothing out here, this was all just nothing”.

#87 1 year ago

If you remember what this is from your childhood

AE3C7C82-A1CC-49B5-B2CE-0E4123F1D94E (resized).jpeg

#88 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Ear hair. Why the f' is hair growing out of my ears and how do I make it stop?

I remember a few years back I emailed an friend from college and told him this: “I have perfected the use of a razor blade while looking in the mirror to shave the hairs on my ears. Feel free to pop a cap in my ass anytime. Please.”

#149 1 year ago

Put box of cereal in refrigerator, put carton of milk in the cupboard.

#161 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

In the Mary Ann, Ginger debates. You're thinking Mrs. Howell.
    LTG : )

That reminds me of another one that I noticed a while back. There was this show called One Day at a Time, when it first came on you thought...the mom (Bonnie Franklin) is kindofa old hag, the older sister (Mackenzie Phillips) was decent, and Valerie Bertinelli was pretty much the hottest girl on the entire planet. Then, I saw it again on a rerun recently and thought, well, Valerie looks like a little girl, the sister looks like a strung-out addict, and the mom is HOT!

#188 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

.... when your avatar is some creepy tall man that was in a movie before many here were born.

Yeah, you're right, most people have no idea whatsoever what that is. Every time I see his posts, it reminds me of that movie, which is an AWESOME movie. It was awesome back when it came out and still awesome today. So far out there and different than the generic garbage we get nowadays, which cost $200 million to make by the way. This movie was made for less than the catering bill of a modern movie.

#204 1 year ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Emacs and edline editors. Kermit protocol and when z-modem came out it was the first file transfer protocol that would pick up the file download where you left off when you lost your 300 baud connection. It was great for the huge 100kb files you were downloading from your local BBS.
    I worked for ITT in the 80's and my remote computer was a 300 baud acoustic couple, thermal paper terminal. You had to shove the old-style phone in the back into two rubber cups.
    How about programming on paper tape or Hollerith punch cards.

Yep. Punched Hollerith cards for Fortean and COBOL. Had the modem. Accessed the BBS. Mainly to download ASCII art of naked women. When we went from 300 baud to 1200 baud it was like a revolution.

#234 1 year ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

One of my son's friends said to me: " I love coming to your house, Mr. Schultz. It's like a museum! "
    E

This one cracked me up! That is awesome.

#264 1 year ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

How about even having real Saturday morning cartoons/kids shows.
    Even that's been a long time now I think.

A13A78B2-63B0-4314-A3BF-3A80449E3AB3 (resized).png

#291 1 year ago

If you understand these memes when I say them (which I love to do constantly but 99% of the people have no idea what the F I am talking about and look at me like I am insane).

"I must be in the front row"

"F A B"

"Not the Craw, the Craw!"

#293 1 year ago
    Quoted from topkat:

When some kid says they saw the old james bond actor at the Hotel pool and you say "you saw sean connery or Roger moore here?" and they say "no who's that, It was Pierce Brosnan

Of course another classic is when they breathlessly run up to you and say "did you know Paul McCartney was in another band before Wings???"

#298 1 year ago

If you can appreciate how it was when these things were discussed. They would say things and it would be poo-pooed and considered preposterous. Things everyone takes for granted now were talked about in the press and many of those things would cause reactions of disbelief, even panic.

They said, at some point, gas will cost more than a dollar a gallon. This was considered impossible by many. Society would implode! There’s just no way it would work!

They said the cars of the future will basically have sealed engine compartments. There would be nothing to work on, no parts to change. No carberator, no points, no timing to set, coolant will last 100,000 miles, oil will last 10,000 miles, spark plugs will last basically forever, etc. Many shook their heads and said it is an impossible dream. Remember when it would be time for “a tuneup”?

They said in the US there would be thousands and thousands of millionaires, it would become a commonplace thing. This was considered laughable. This was at the time when you could buy yourself a house for ten grand or so.

Of course it all came true, that and a lot more.

#304 1 year ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

You remember when all of the dimes, quarters, and halves in circulation were made out of 90% silver.

Did anyone ever walk around with a silver quarter and a spoon for weeks on end constantly banging the edge of the quarter with the spoon while spinning it until it was formed into a smooth ridge, then getting the middle drilled out to make a ring?

#342 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You remember when White Castle sliders were 5¢
    LTG : )

McDonalds

Hamburger .15
    Cheeseburger 0.20
    Fries 0.15
    Shake 0.25

#376 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

And being allowed to wait at the gate with your family or others who were waiting to board?

I was thinking on my last trip while sitting at LAX how it used to be when literally anyone could walk right in the terminal. You’d be sitting there and these deaf (or allegedly deaf) people would come up to you and shove some thing in your face, looking for money I guess. And you see those Hare Krishna types hanging around doing weird shit. Some things have improved I guess.

#404 1 year ago

Yes, Signal 30. I don’t remember it specifically but I remember it was gruesome. Driver’s Ed was a regular class for juniors, which included the real driving right during the school day.

I can still remember my driver’s ed teacher to this day, not his name but I remember him and what he looked like. He literally looked like the very stereotype of what you make a driver’s ed teacher to be - dark bags under his eyes, hunched over, always on edge. Every time we got in the car with him he would tell the same story of the one driver’s ed teacher who was killed in the car with a student driving. It seems funny sort of, but it was kinda disturbing.

It was a requirement that you were able to properly parallel park to pass driver’s ed or to get your driver’s license. That’s a lost skill these days.

#426 1 year ago

First car I bought new was 1973 Toyota Corolla, $1,950.

1 month later
    #740 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You have a checking account with a routing number and an account number. You are out there.

If you use it to write out a check to pay for your stuff at the grocery store, you’re REALLY out there.

5 months later
    #1197 8 months ago
    Quoted from Scotty_K:

When you get the senior discount without you or the cashier even asking for it...
    I had this happen about a week ago at a Dunkin' Donuts. I was buying two breakfast sandwiches and coffee for myself and my wife, and the young thing behind the counter puts the senior discount in, which I didn't notice until I read the receipt. I had conflicting feelings, as I was kinda annoyed that she perceived me to be that old, while happy to save $1.32.
    My wife (who is 8 years my junior) thought it was hilarious...

When you forgot about post #9

7 months later
    #1310 18 days ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

when you sit down to take a crap and your balls hit the water!

#1319 15 days ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

11pm? WTF are your talking about? How about 9pm? If a concert does not start by 5pm I ain't going

Exactly. It’s been years since I saw 11 pm.

On the other hand I get more done by 6 am than most people do in a day.

#1336 12 days ago
    Quoted from Mercury:

When most people you talk to never heard of the "Fonz."[quoted image]

That is a crime. You know, when you look at that picture, its so hard to equate that person with the real one, Henry Winkler. He should get some kind of award for creating a convincing and believable persona (that persisted for years, until he jumped the shark) that is basically completely opposite of what he is like in real life. Its an amazing accomplishment.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.95
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 89.99
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Decals
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 800.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside