Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 minutes ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN9010 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20240424_173431.jpg
    438712280_7241935899188350_8066440579298486095_n (resized).jpg
    MV5BMWE3ZThjM2UtMTg2NS00NjY3LTk5ZGEtMTdlYmY3OGE2ZmZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

Wait till you get really old - that is when the artist that did most of the music you enjoyed growing up are all dead. And "old people" don't really look old anymore - they just look like someone your age! Dinner conversation is about chair lift, power chairs & needing new glasses instead of talking about what your plans are for the weekend.

Thankfully I am not their yet but I am knocking on that door!

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

One bad sign is when you start getting senior discounts for restaurant purchases and you didn't even ask for it.

That happened to me for the first time over 10 years ago. What I hate even more is when a waiter comes to the table and asks "what will your daughter be having" when I am out for dinner with my wife. (She is only a year younger than I am but looks great for her age). Typically when that happens I tell the waiter "thanks for making my wife feel good but remember I am the one leaving the tip".

I don't mind getting older but I do hate thinking that puts me that much closer to being dead. What I always find funny is when you are younger you can't wait to get older but once you are older you wish you were younger. Anyway these days I look at it as: "at least I am alive to bitch about getting old".

#26 5 years ago

A couple years ago when we got together with family over Christmas I was sitting talking to my brother-in-law about health issues and all of a sudden I stopped mid-sentence and said "OH SHIT I am the old guy" - everyone in the room busted out laughing. When you are younger your health issues (or lack of them) rarely come up in conversation - when you get older it seems like that is what you talk about the most!

#117 5 years ago

When you get the invitation for your 50th high school reunion.

#123 5 years ago

How about when you have two pair of reading glasses in every room - one pair for the regular stuff and the second higher power pair for "fine print" like they are using these days in the newspaper!

Which brings up two more - having to put on a pair of reading glasses so you can see to shave - just had to do that again this morning.

Remembering getting a newspaper every day and sitting down to read it to get the news!

#139 5 years ago

How about when you are still talking about answering machines or land line phones?

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Hey, I still have a Charter land phone and answering machine! LOL!

I didn't even know you could still buy answering machines!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.