Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,501 posts
  • 443 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Oneironaut
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240328_225814.jpg
    2E49463C-FBF8-427F-9E75-7A139BA2723C (resized).jpeg
    B489E7CE-9FBA-4938-AF66-220D817E2118 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5238 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2024-03-23 at 8.01.30 PM.png
    p183982_b_h10_ad (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-03-19 at 10.23.38 AM (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 8.21.48?PM (resized).png
    IMG_1593 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2061 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 8.43.57 AM (resized).jpg
    google (resized).jpg
    3oforH0q_1811141354531 (resized).jpg
    rain sing (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1710278609225 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rwh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 5 years ago

I knew it was the beginning of the end when everyone I encountered in public started calling me sir.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Bowel movements become a perfectly normal topic of discussion at the dinner table.

What you mean it isn't a normal topic, isn't that the whole idea talking about dinner from it's beginning to it's end.

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikat11:

You think the Beatles are still cool.

Beatles are still cool, damn whippersnappers think they know everything.

#193 5 years ago
    Quoted from jesster64:

I wouldn't mind that chair that glides up the steps either. Of course I would extend track so it glided right in to the bedroom.

Installed one right down the front of your pins so you can just glide from one to the other without exerting yourself to much...…...

#253 5 years ago

You wake your wife up when you have a morning woody cause you don't want to waste it!

#299 5 years ago

Keds redball and $13 dollar converse were the gym shoes everyone wore and wanted.

#300 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

How about even having real Saturday morning cartoons/kids shows.
    Even that's been a long time now I think.

Watching the three stooges and Gracho Marks after my favorite cartoon. Cartoons were just that 3 minutes long, and I'd watched hundreds of them every sat. Today almost all cartoons are merely animated soap operas instead of short skits....Oh how the world turns.

1 year later
    #1514 4 years ago

When you experience what I did this morning. I went outside to set on my porch because it's going to be sunny and 72 in Ohio today. Well took my shirt off to get some sun when damned if I didn't noticed my dogs were looking at me and their eyes were watering WTF? Am I so white my pets eyes water looking at me lol, I told my wife I was going to sit out here until I start causing accidents or the cops show to investigate the corpse on the porch.

#1519 4 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

you start saying "set" instead of "sit."

I'm just waiting for my hair to grow back.

#1521 4 years ago

Perfect for that shorty coke, loved peanuts in my soda!

#1523 4 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

You know you are old when...
    you start saying "set" instead of "sit."

pinside (resized).jpgpinside (resized).jpg
    #1526 4 years ago

When your Mom and Dad would send you to the store with a note to buy cigarettes for them, $.35 cent a pack and that's not counting the two cents you got back in each pack.

Pop bottles were my primary wage earnings back then

#1528 4 years ago

The moment you realize nothing has really changed, you're still going out the same way you came in, baldheaded and screaming.

#1536 4 years ago

When you mow your grass in your pajamas.

#1561 3 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Lawrence Welk on Sunday always reminded me I had to go to school the next day. Made me depressed

Even when he turned on the baddest ass bubble machine in the world?

#1565 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Just wished they still had homestyle fries. Never had the potato cakes.

I like those fries too but the potato cakes are not bad, similar to the Mickey D's hashbrown cakes only thicker.

3 weeks later
    #1599 3 years ago

When roll caps were King.

#1602 3 years ago

A roll of caps you put in a toy cap gun. Pop them off as fast as you could squeeze the trigger. My fast draw was not to be trifled with, I had practiced and was sure even Jimmy Ringo wanted none of me.

#1611 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I always thought is was Johnny Ringo

Johnny if you're looking for Doc's huckleberry. I'm talking Gregory Peck in "The Gunfighter" and the original Ringo.

Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm sorry. I'm 68. I don't know how 68 is supposed to feel, but I feel good. Real good.

Quoted from DCP:

Consider yourself lucky, or genetically blessed! I keep my spirits up with pinball and guitars, and I've been able to make major adaptations, so I mostly enjoy life...I do envy those who have aged painlessly. You learn to play with the cards you're dealt.

Aside from some mild breathing issues I feel pretty damn good at 64 but you know the body turns on a dime, so I'm just trying to enjoy what's left of my years.

#1613 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

And you would take a whole roll and smash it with a rock. Early pyrotechnics engineer.

Hell yes! We used Dad's ballpeen hammer and just like firecrackers are better by the pack so too caps smashed by the roll!

#1620 3 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Am I the only person who stomped on full rolls of caps?

Hell no, used to get our shoes on that had taps on the heels and stomp the hell out of them.

3 weeks later
    #1654 3 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Ahhhh,those were the days my friend,we thought they would never end!

The days of Milkman deliveries and drive-ins seems so long ago now.

#1657 3 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

I have two drive-ins not far from me. I guess I am lucky.

Only 330 left in the US now.

#1658 3 years ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:Instead we have marijuana delivery

Back in 1970 I had a cop search me and found my pot, 1/2 an oz. I was really scared as pot back then carried 20 to 40yrs but he poured it out into the river and told me to get my ass out of there and never let him see me there again. I got the hell outta there!

#1664 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I had something similar happen. I know that brand of fear.

Shit I was only 15yrs old then so the prospect of 20yrs locked up was not in my plans. I just got lucky really the cop gave me a break.

3 weeks later
    #1732 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

..when you remove your lawn mower blade, attach a little wagon and caution flag.

And think it's perfect to haul all your fishing equipment around the lake.

#1748 3 years ago

No state liquor stores in NY ever.

We have State stores that are state ran and then some that are independently owned state stores. All beer is sold in just about every store that sells beverages.

#1775 3 years ago

Funny how things change. PBR and Schlitz Tallboys were the popular beers, while Whiskey sours and Tom Collins ruled my parents bar. Now it's craft beer and sex on the beach or slippery nipples in the bars.

#1777 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I recall back in about 19 and 70 trying a slippery nipple.

1 week later
    #1818 3 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

Mmm... Love me some Mongolian yak fat!

Taste like chicken errrr..yogurt...

#1826 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

On a land line, naturally!

Party lines.

#1829 3 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

The cornhole thread reminded me of the days of Jarts

I have a set of those I bought about 6yrs ago at a flea market. My brothers and sisters and I played them a lot as kids and I always bring them out when we gather for cookouts etc..

#1832 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

require everyone to wear helmets whenever they are enjoying the outdoors,

Like bike riding.

#1836 3 years ago

If you have opened this thread.

#1857 3 years ago

I don't remember Sandy's but we had Red Barn as they started in Springfield, Ohio in 61. They had good fish that reminded me of Arthur Treacher's

#1866 3 years ago

I remember him in "it's a mad mad world" movie.

#1870 3 years ago

How about some Lawrence Welk and the baddest bubble machine on the planet.

#1872 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Going fishing with my wife in an hour

Could be surprised my wife tourney fishes with me and she's great! We won over $4K last season in the carp and cat tourney's.

amy catfish 2_n (resized).jpgamy catfish 2_n (resized).jpgamy catfish7_n (resized).jpgamy catfish7_n (resized).jpgamy fish (resized).jpgamy fish (resized).jpg
    #1874 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I was not discriminate in my TV. I caught all of the rasslin' shows, too. Texas Bob Geigle is one name I remember.

I loved it when Bull Curry would take bites out of the turnbuckles. Big Time Wrestling then.

#1878 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Roy Roger's roast beef restaurants,

Still have a Roy Rogers in Milford Ohio just north of Cincinnati. If they've seen Hee Haw or the grand ole opry they know Minni Pearl. She never removed the tags from her cloths.

#1889 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Did you use Catfish Charlie’s stink bait to catch those catfish?

Lol no Charlie tuna used. I use a bird seed mix or doritoes and hamburger.

#1890 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Considered classy in my world. ..wait a minute ..Mabey I'm just a red neck.

Lol me too!

#1895 3 years ago

First time someone 20-25yrs old told you something and it seemed to actually make sense.

#1910 3 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

Went to Whities yesterday, as in Castle.
    Got a #1Combo: 4 sliders, fry, pop and
    a medium onion chip. Just under $10.
    You know you are old when...
    You can remember getting 3X more
    for 3X less than what I paid.
    Fast food ain't what it used to be
    that's for sure.

I remember when White Castle burgers were 8 cents a piece but it cost you 5 cents to get in their restroom.

#1913 3 years ago

I had the Burger King hot dogs once,just once.

Lol I feel the same about their sausage biscuit breakfast sandwich.

#1916 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Tie a sting to your finger so you don't forget.

Oh no you don't I've fell for the old "pull the finger trick before".

#1920 3 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

How bout when I turn 60 tomorrow? WTF. I'm active as hell, in the last 3 days I dug 8 footers for a new deck at my house. Rented an auger but my shale infested soil only let it dig 16" or so, Did the rest by hand. Then mixed over 1000lbs of concrete to fill those holes, by hand in a concrete mix tray. 80 lb bags one at a time. I'm feeling it now..... Getting old sucks.

Lol sounds like me I'm 64.9 and I think I'm eighteen until the next day when I'm reminded quite clearly by my body that it's not so.

#1925 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Jack in the Box

They opened one a couple years back here in the Cincinnati area and I have to say I really didn't care for the food at all but they must do okay as it's still open.

#1933 3 years ago

When your body no longer forgives you for simple things. I was playing my Star Race yesterday evening and I noticed my ball drift a little to the right so I got out my level and sure enough not quite level. I had my Circus up on my HF lift as I was working on it so I thought shit no need to pull it out and use it here just to adjust a leveler leg. Got up under it on all fours and used my back to lift and make the adjustment. Never felt anything so I didn't notice at the time but I sure as hell did this morning. I could hardly get out of bed to a standing position my back is so screwed up lol, I'm still messed up even after taking a muscle relaxer and 4 Aleve, it goes without saying I'll not repeat that again anytime in the near future. Getting Old Sucks!

1 month later
    #2051 3 years ago

When you can remember your mother watching her favorite show Secret Storms soap opera every day at 1:00pm.

#2070 3 years ago

Brylcreem "A little dab will do ya"

#2072 3 years ago

Hey lets give it to Mikey he won't eat it he hates everything. He likes it! Hey Mikey!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rwh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-?tu=rwh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.