(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 101.
#4651 4 months ago
Quoted from Chrisinfla:

So I ended up buying 2mm hex bolts with nuts ($6.99 on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C3VMMFPB). Took a bit more work (reading glasses doubled up) but the servos are far more secure.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I see you have a bloodsucker with the best powder coat of all 3 trims

#4652 4 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I see you have a bloodsucker with the best powder coat of all 3 trims

The powder coat on the BSE is why I have a BSE UM, I thought the sparkling black was amazing (especially if it's near a window you can open up).

#4653 4 months ago
Quoted from Chrisinfla:

So I ended up buying 2mm hex bolts with nuts ($6.99 on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C3VMMFPB). Took a bit more work (reading glasses doubled up) but the servos are far more secure.

With a tiny little drop of loctite on the treads under each nut right? Right? I just imagine that little thing falling off eventually and hiding somewhere very inconvenient.

#4654 4 months ago
Quoted from Chrisinfla:

That's a good fix.

RM

#4655 4 months ago
Quoted from desertT1:

With a tiny little drop of loctite on the treads under each nut right? Right? I just imagine that little thing falling off eventually and hiding somewhere very inconvenient.

That's actually a really smart idea, especially since they seem to a get a fair amount of torque over time. I'll add some for sure.

#4656 3 months ago

Photos don't do this mod justice! Awesome quality! Also did the scoop and Beta Capsule.

Took about 30mins to install it all, really easy!

My bridge stopped working after the first ball release though, not sure if it's the magnet or the bridge is always tilted down now. Will investigate tomorrow.

PXL_20240103_052415381 (resized).jpgPXL_20240103_052415381 (resized).jpg

#4657 3 months ago

Looks awesome.

I think you just need to free that spring up. Looks like it got a little twisted/bound during your install.

#4658 3 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Looks awesome.
I think you just need to free that spring up. Looks like it got a little twisted/bound during your install.

Thought it looked a little different. Will take a look tomorrow, thanks.

#4659 3 months ago

Was taking a look at the update today for this game. Holy **** Guys it's looking so cool. Will be a little while before release yet but you guys will be stoked.

#4660 3 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Was taking a look at the update today for this game. Holy **** Guys it's looking so cool. Will be a little while before release yet but you guys will be stoked.

We talking 1.14 here?

#4661 3 months ago
Quoted from MongolianMisfit:

We talking 1.14 here?

Yes. Though maybe we need to skip a number with all the new assets added into this forthcoming Wizard Mode.

#4662 3 months ago

The only update I'm actually waiting for...Ultraman vs Barney

_fefc2291-ea52-44ca-a6d9-91e345c08cdf (resized).jpeg_fefc2291-ea52-44ca-a6d9-91e345c08cdf (resized).jpeg
#4663 3 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yes. Though maybe we need to skip a number with all the new assets added into this forthcoming Wizard Mode.

Oh snap! O_0 That’s very exciting indeed.

#4664 3 months ago

I still can’t believe how many updates that this game has gotten in the small amount of time that I’ve owned one. And everything that’s been added has been incredible. It might be my favorite pinball machine that I’ve ever owned.

#4665 3 months ago

Got my drop bridge fixed. Turned out the 3D print was rubbing against the plexiglass over the catwalk and not allowing the drop bridge to spring back into place after dropping the ball. Took the Dremel to it, shaved it way down and it's all good now! All the shaving is hidden since it's in the back far right corner and the building blocks it, no real harm!

PXL_20240104_013434717 (resized).jpgPXL_20240104_013434717 (resized).jpg
#4666 3 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I know your focus is stuffing new content in there, but I hope you can also do some long needed little things like balancing some of the audio. So many Fuji callouts are super quiet and buried under the rest of the audio. Thanks!

#4667 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I know your focus is stuffing new content in there, but I hope you can also do some long needed little things like balancing some of the audio. So many Fuji callouts are super quiet and buried under the rest of the audio. Thanks!

Have you emailed this request directly to Matt?

I agree BTW

RM

#4668 3 months ago

Trying to figure out what number CE I have. Is that a number or a signature??

um1 (resized).jpgum1 (resized).jpg
#4669 3 months ago

Signature

#4670 3 months ago

So. About that Update...

#4671 3 months ago

I believe your build number is the last three of your serial number.

#4672 3 months ago

Has anyone asked about the screen tearing and asked if that’s ever going to be fixed?

#4673 3 months ago

Has anyone asked about the screen tearing and asked if that’s ever going to be fixed?

Screen tearing is also on Scooby, TCM, and LT. I hope it can be solved, but it seems like it’s a “feature” at this point.

#4674 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Screen tearing is also on Scooby, TCM, and LT. I hope it can be solved, but it seems like it’s a “feature” at this point.

What is screen tearing? I have UM and SD but unsure what this is or what to look for.

#4675 3 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

What is screen tearing? I have UM and SD but unsure what this is or what to look for.

It’s like a “clear line” that goes through the image - and you can see that the image is slightly “torn” for a blip.

I’m not sure if it’s like this article says - a sync issue between the cpu & monitor, or an issue with how Spooky captures/renders their video assets. Rick & Morty (PROC) didn’t have tearing. HW/UM
(Pinotaur) & Scoob/LT/TCM (new board) do.

IMG_4050 (resized).jpegIMG_4050 (resized).jpeg
#4676 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s like a “clear line” that goes through the image - and you can see that the image is slightly “torn” for a blip.
I’m not sure if it’s like this article says - a sync issue between the cpu & monitor, or an issue with how Spooky captures/renders their video assets. Rick & Morty (PROC) didn’t have tearing. HW/UM
[quoted image]

Interesting. Haven't seen this in SD or UM with 300 games on each.

#4677 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

Oh interesting. I’ll keep a lookout.

#4678 3 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Interesting. Haven't seen this in SD or UM with 300 games on each.

It’s subtle, but it’s there. Some may never notice it, especially since you’re usually looking at the playfield.

Stern’s LCD games usually have tons of compression artifacting while Spooky’s don’t. Again - some may not notice it.

#4679 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s subtle, but it’s there. Some may never notice it, especially since you’re usually looking at the playfield.
Stern’s LCD games usually have tons of compression artifacting while Spooky’s don’t. Again - some may not notice it.

Somebody was asking me about this yesterday as I fitted an IPS screen to my Halloween, I said I thought I still had a little bit of tearing but then played a game later and was looking for it but didn't really notice any. Will have to keep an eye out for it now as I only changed for the better picture quality and not the tearing. I didn’t realise it could be a monitor issue.

#4680 3 months ago

We all get old

IMG_7500 (resized).jpegIMG_7500 (resized).jpeg

#4681 3 months ago
Quoted from rvdv:

We all get old
[quoted image]

Best mod ever.

#4682 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It happens lot less on HWN now, it used to be more prevalent in the game but after the optimizations they did and new better video assets, most of those play nice now. Does happen once in a while. Did notice on the streams that it seems to happen more on UM

#4683 3 months ago

Yeah, the screen tearing in my Ultraman is ROUGH, even after 1.13 code update. If might not be something that others really notice, but it’s really bad and rather jarring imo. I adore this pin and updates, but the screen tearing feels less than premium and I’d give anything for them to fix it with a patch and vsync it.

#4684 3 months ago

Yeah, the screen tearing in my Ultraman is ROUGH, even after 1.13 code update. If might not be something that others really notice, but it’s really bad and rather jarring imo. I adore this pin and updates, but the screen tearing feels less than premium and I’d give anything for them to fix it with a patch and vsync it.

I’d also like them to switch the squished skinny 1 footage in the UI frame back to 4:3, even if it has to be slightly cropped on the sides to fit within the UI.

#4685 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’d also like them to switch the squished skinny 1 footage in the UI frame back to 4:3, even if it has to be slightly cropped on the sides to fit within the UI.

Totally agree! That drives me nuts. I suspect the license holder would also prefer their content correctly displayed.

#4686 3 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Totally agree! That drives me nuts. I suspect the license holder would also prefer their content correctly displayed.

Well, they do crop 4:3 on the top and bottom to fit 16:9 during the non-UI clips that take up the whole LCD…and that looks fine. Cropping is preferable to squishing or stretching.

#4687 3 months ago

Was able to get to Zetton last night and was one shot from completing it...what a great mode.

#4688 3 months ago

(just come here to see if last post say "New code available!")

#4689 3 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Was able to get to Zetton last night and was one shot from completing it...what a great mode.

Awesome. I've come nowhere close and I consider myself a decent player. This is one gorgeous game.

#4690 3 months ago

Spotted this alternate topper on fb

FB_IMG_1705285611091 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1705285611091 (resized).jpg
#4691 3 months ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

Nice! I'm still bummed no one made an alt start button! Figured Rocket City would have since they made a Halloween one, but negative.

#4692 3 months ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

Do you have a link for that?

RM

#4693 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Do you have a link for that?
RM

Dunno if he is selling them but his username is Mykel Foxx on fb. He also made some good looking flipper toppers

Screenshot_20240114_192847_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240114_192847_Facebook (resized).jpg
#4694 3 months ago

Nice! I'm still bummed no one made an alt start button! Figured Rocket City would have since they made a Halloween one, but negative.

I just emailed Rocket City the other day about this and got the following response:

"Hey Jon, I don't have a button for Ultraman yet but I can put it on my long
term to-do list. I'll reach out when I get to it!
Thanks for the inquiry.
Andy"

If you're interested as well, maybe send them an email to let them know.

#4695 3 months ago

Hey...............been awhile since I have played Ultraman but this morning I updated code to 1.13.

Prior to that I have no idea what code I was on but anyway..............

I have an issue.

Whatever my last code was (and maybe I skipped an update or two) the display screen was not sized properly. The scores are partially hidden among other things. Not sure how else to put it but I have included a photo showing a score in excess of 1,000,000 points and you can see what I mean.

I was hoping the update would solve this, but it did not. Anybody have an idea what I can do to solve this?

Ultraman screenshot (resized).jpgUltraman screenshot (resized).jpg
#4696 3 months ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Hey...............been awhile since I have played Ultraman but this morning I updated code to 1.13.
Prior to that I have no idea what code I was on but anyway..............
I have an issue.
Whatever my last code was (and maybe I skipped an update or two) the display screen was not sized properly. The scores are partially hidden among other things. Not sure how else to put it but I have included a photo showing a score in excess of 1,000,000 points and you can see what I mean.
I was hoping the update would solve this, but it did not. Anybody have an idea what I can do to solve this?
[quoted image]

I haven't looked for sizing, only color adjustments, but there are buttons on the back of the LCD to adjust some settings, sizing may be one of them. There's also a sticky post on this thread with recommended color settings to really make the colors pop for UM. I started there and adjusted a bit more.

#4697 3 months ago

I haven't looked for sizing, only color adjustments, but there are buttons on the back of the LCD to adjust some settings, sizing may be one of them. There's also a sticky post on this thread with recommended color settings to really make the colors pop for UM. I started there and adjusted a bit more.

Yeah, that’s def a screen setting issue, not a code issue. The image on the display is zoomed in.

#4698 3 months ago

I haven't looked for sizing, only color adjustments, but there are buttons on the back of the LCD to adjust some settings

Nice. I'm gonna check it out.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, that’s def a screen setting issue, not a code issue. The image on the display is zoomed in.

Thanks for the feedback on this. If it is as simple an adjustment on the screen, which I'm sure it is, this machine is going to get a lot of play tonight.

Thanks guys.

#4699 3 months ago

Well, adjusting vertical or horizontal did nothing. And there is no setting that I can see that adjusts zoom in/zoom out.

This only appears during gameplay. The attract screen looks normal.

About a year ago paulbaptiste had the same issue but I don't see a resolution in this thread. Sent him a PM.

I think the issue is because I skipped an update a while ago. I was hoping a fresh 1.13 woulda solved it.

Back to the drawing board on this. And back to work. Stupid day job.

#4700 3 months ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Well, adjusting vertical or horizontal did nothing. And there is no setting that I can see that adjusts zoom in/zoom out.
This only appears during gameplay. The attract screen looks normal.
About a year ago paulbaptiste had the same issue but I don't see a resolution in this thread. Sent him a PM.
I think the issue is because I skipped an update a while ago. I was hoping a fresh 1.13 woulda solved it.
Back to the drawing board on this. And back to work. Stupid day job.

Best bet is to contact Spooky Service

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/94?hl=wastedthelight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.