Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,570 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by swampfire
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010457 (resized).jpg
    20240426_213941 (resized).jpg
    R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 252.
    #8201 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Yeah Bell satellite up here still call it pvr. I watch way too much sports to ever cut the cord.

Dude, I cut the cord a few years ago and still have livetv. you should PM me, lol

#8202 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Dude, I cut the cord a few years ago and still have livetv. you should PM me, lol

There are internet sites that can be found which broadcast the major sports from the US. You just need really good virus blockers.

#8203 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

We don't even have fast internet out here. Just basic internet. Can't even get saskmax. Freaking joke.

I tried Danzn for nfl and it was terrible. Unwatchable. Stuttered and froze constantly.

#8204 1 year ago

It usually does. That is the problem. When I’m waiting for contractors in the parking lot I read some of the threads. The thread will have 25 new. I open and read 1-2 so when I sign out to help the contractor I forget which one I was at.

#8205 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

It usually does. That is the problem. When I’m waiting for contractors in the parking lot I read some of the threads. The thread will have 25 new. I open and read 1-2 so when I sign out to help the contractor I forget which one I was at.

Hit the bookmark icon on the bottom left of a post, and "store read position only". That will let you jump back to where you were reading.

#8206 1 year ago

I confess I hate Jimmy Johns, not just because the owner shoots rhinos, but one year during the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show, we went for sandwiches there in the hour before breakdown to fuel up for breaking down and moving machines for the next 6 hours. And I shit you not, I cracked my tooth open on a sunflower seed in the bread of my sandwich. So I ended up breaking down and hauling games with a growing pulsing tooth pain that I blamed entirely on Jimmy Johns as I gritted through it.

#8207 1 year ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I confess I hate Jimmy Johns, not just because the owner shoots rhinos

Was not aware. Well, last time I eat there.

#8209 1 year ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

Since retiring 2 years and 3 months ago I confess I take a nap whenever the hell I want to.

I am still working for myself, but I am trying harder to pretend that I am retired.

Day 4 now of not setting a alarm clock before I go to bed, and day 60+ - of turning off my phone so no scammers or amber alerts causes the phone to make any noise and wake me up.

Confess not setting the alarm clock is kind of wild. I am all over the place. I may get up at 8am, or I may get up at the crack of noon.

And the next time I want a nap, I plan to have that nap!

Confess I really do not want to lie to my girlfriend, she already hates what work I do, but I enjoy the work, so I only tell half the story of why I am suddenly limping.

Her: Why are you limping?

Me: I just stepped the wrong way and hurt my foot.

The truth: A 100 pound piece of wood I was working with suddenly fell on my foot, and I am pretty sure I have some broken toes now, and pretty sure I will lose the nail on my big toe.

Confess if she is here spying on me and everything that I type, I hope she understands how funny some of this is.

Confess all this is true, and just having a few more beers so hopefully my foot will not keep me up all night, and maybe I can sleep until the crack of noon.

Confess though, that I do feel the happiest, and most content, that I have ever felt in my life now.

Pinball and this site has been awesome for me!

Maybe it is the dementia kicking in, who knows.

Getting old does suck with the aches and pains and all that, but at the same time kind of nice to not set a alarm clock anymore, and can take a nap anytime.

Not that I am really retired yet, but I am trying to pretend I am more and more.

Day 65 of not having a alarm clock set for 5am, Hell Yeah!

I hope all of you have a awesome weekend!

I plan to work all weekend myself.

The truth: I plan to get up at the crack of noon, work a couple of hours, take a nap, and then drink beer until 2am.

BUT: I am still a workaholic, so I will probably work a lot more, and not even get to have a nap.

I do like this.

I am so glad that I never had a 9-5 job, all mine were like 6-6 if lucky, and many times 6am to 10pm. Done with that!

While ago I turned down some new work, first time ever I did that, I am HAPPY!

#8210 1 year ago

I confess I'm addicted to frozen pizza cheese.

When I unwrap a frozen pizza I usually find a way for some to "accidentally" fall off onto the cardboard backing so I can easily crease it down the middle and deliver it to my food hole. Then I'll take some aftermarket cheese and drop some over the top.

What's left of the aftermarket cheese goes in the freezer because I only do a pizza once a week and even though I'm in Wisconsin where cheese grows on trees, it would be a mortal sin to let the cheese go bad. And I don't want to go to hell for that.

After several adult beverages I'll get the munchies but instead of pretzels or cocaine, I'll go to the freezer and raid the now frozen bag of shredded pizza cheese and stuff chunks of its frozen goodness into my food hole while standing over the kitchen sink. You know, for cleanliness' sake.

#8211 1 year ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I confess I hate Jimmy Johns,

Confess they have a new Thai Chicken Wrap I really like (especially the satay sauce). It isn't very big and it is $11 just for the sandwich though. I remember when a big Mac Meal at McDonalds was $3.24 and that was for a really long time during the early 1990s.

I confess I have taken to ordering just the sandwich at a lot of places and bringing a can of soda/bag of chips from the Sam's Club big box of chips instead of getting "the meal" with a watered down soft drink and fries I don't need the carbs or calories for. Saves a few bucks but mostly to make me feel better about this hyper inflation, like I am "beating the system". I have also noticed you can get a sit-down meal at mom and pop restaurants for about the same price as a "signature" fast food meal these days.

thai (resized).jpgthai (resized).jpg
    #8212 1 year ago

I confess I had to work this morning so that’s another 6 day week. With that extra pay I’ll turn down (or is it up?) the air conditioning an extra degree for the weekend haha.

#8213 1 year ago

I was down at the RSL club last week and was telling a couple of mates how i had my brownie recipe tweaked to perfection.

One guy said 'Do they work?'

I started laughing (as i'd had one an hour before i'd left) and my best mate said;

Do they work? Have a look at him, he can't see out of his eyes!

blazed-monsters-inc.gifblazed-monsters-inc.gif

#8214 1 year ago

I confess I've got a job interview starting tomorrow (spread out over 4 days!), and I'm grateful I don't *need* the job but I'm nervous as hell.

#8215 1 year ago
    Quoted from HooperTriplett:

I confess I've got a job interview starting tomorrow (spread out over 4 days!), and I'm grateful I don't *need* the job but I'm nervous as hell.

Just remember they are interviewing because they are the ones in need.

#8216 1 year ago

Was talking to the cleaning lady today, she had her tunes cranking while she worked and 'Those were the best days of my life' song came on.

I started saying that if you thought that you'd done life wrong.

Those days in my teens, twenties, thirties and forties i was head down arse up working at least two jobs.

THESE are the best days of my life, in my 50's! Hopefully they'll last years longer, but i will be happy with whatever i get from here.

I'm healthier, for my age and my abusive lifestyle, than i have been since i was in my twenties, i work a couple hours a day doing easy stuff i love, then i sit around from 9.30 am drinking beer in the sun and eating the occasional brownie, talking to mates who drop in, listening to music and playing pinball.

Every day.

Confess i am so grateful for the life i have, in a beautiful place, surrounded by better people than me.

I genuinely hope that more and more people learn to appreciate the luxury they have in life. Cheers my worldwide cousins.

#8217 1 year ago

I confess, that even though I've owned over 150 games and collected for 25 years, I've never bought a new in box pin.

#8218 1 year ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I've never bought a new in box pin.

You need to someday, that new in the box pin smell is nice. Also fun having to look for all the hidden packing material on and under the playfield.

#8219 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i am so grateful for the life i have, in a beautiful place, surrounded by better people than me.

I genuinely hope that more and more people learn to appreciate the luxury they have in life. Cheers my worldwide cousins.

Awesome! Cheers to you also!

#8220 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

You need to someday, that new in the box pin smell is nice. Also fun having to look for all the hidden packing material on and under the playfield.

I'm 50+ games in and never sniffed new in box. Think I'm up to 4 games though with the goodie bag still stapled inside

#8221 1 year ago

I confess I've got a job interview starting tomorrow

I confess I really hope I never have to set an alarm clock ever again for anything work related.

The 5am client that I used to do a lot of work for texted me wanting me to work this week, I texted back that I was not available.

I do enjoy that work, and I may would do some again when it is in the 40's or 50's, but in this 90's heat and humidity, hell no!

#8222 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Think I'm up to 4 games though with the goodie bag still stapled inside

Most all the games I ever sold the goodie bag was still stapled when I sold. A couple of times I had to get into them to get the manual out for the game to try to figure something out.

#8223 1 year ago

Confess I was just watching the news with my girlfriend, and there were several stories about alligator attacks, none around here.

I said damn, we have to worry about sharks when getting in the ocean and now we are not safe on land anymore either.

I hope all of you have a great week!

#8224 1 year ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I confess, that even though I've owned over 150 games and collected for 25 years, I've never bought a new in box pin.

Go find a low play or honestly any HUO and stick your nose in the coin door. Very similar experience.

I’ve only bought 2 NIB myself and that’s enough. They’ve since been sold. I’ve probably unboxed 20-30 games

#8225 1 year ago

We have so many deer around here now I confess I am probably going to buy a salt lick to put out for them.

My girlfriend wants to put out corn for them, but I said that will not work, the squirrels would just eat all that up.

I love fishing, but confess I care less about hunting. I do not care anything about deer meat.

But, if this was cows roaming around, I do love some beef.

#8226 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I’ve probably unboxed 20-30 games

The first few times are fun, but then it is more like a chore, but you learn very fast how to do it without hurting your back again.

#8227 1 year ago

The first few times are fun, but then it is more like a chore, but you learn very fast how to do it without hurting your back again.

That's by letting someone else do it

#8228 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

That's by letting someone else do it

No, I actually do it by myself, but I use props and jacks now.

I confess all that is a whole lot slower, but fine because no more back pain.

#8229 1 year ago

No, I actually do it by myself, but I use props and jacks now.
    I confess all that is a whole lot slower, but fine because no more back pain.

That's okay it's not a race. Sometimes the process can be fun. Back pain = HELL NO!

#8230 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Back pain = HELL NO!

As someone who throws their back out once a year, it's brutal. Waking up and can't put socks on. Trying to walk and you can't stand up straight. Standing hunched over, holding your back. Brutal.

So one Saturday morning 20+ years back my wife and I take our dog Kokanee to the off leash dog park by us. Having a blast. All the sudden I dropped to my knees in excruciating pain. Felt like someone shot me in the back. Crippling pain. Felt a pop loading a skid of batteries at the warehouse I was working at the day before. Now I know when I feel that twinge. I'm like oh yeah, going to need some muscle relaxments and a day or two to recuperate.

#8232 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Now I know when I feel that twinge.

One time I knew that was coming. It was late and I just got home from work. I'm in the bedroom, looking back and forth. My wife turned the light on and asked what I was doing. I told her trying to pick a path without furniture.

It was so I wouldn't bounce off of anything going down. Going straight down causes less damage and hurt.

LTG : )

#8233 1 year ago

Good luck with your interview.

#8234 1 year ago

Oh, I've opened tons of new in box pins when they get shipped in early for the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show, so that part I'm familiar with

#8235 1 year ago

My first pinball was deadpool NIB. Had a couple since then, GnR, P3, Celts, and soon my Haggis Mermaid.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8236 1 year ago

Cover

#8237 1 year ago

I last shaved new year's eve 2020. Wife braided my goater tonight and just past my nips when pulled straight.

20220718_212310.jpg20220718_212310.jpg
    #8238 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I last shaved new year's eve 2020. Wife braided my goater tonight and just past my nips when pulled straight.

Confess I cannot do that. Longest I can go is 5 days before the hair on my chin itches so bad I have to shave it.

#8239 1 year ago

I confess I'm really bummed about not attending yegpin this year. There's so many games I'd like to try. Still haven't played a new game since JP.
    I feel like the kid who didn't get invited to the party and has to hear about it Monday at school.

#8240 1 year ago

Confess most of the time we are still just playing Mexican Train dominos, and no other games.

That game is addictive, and will make you cuss as much as any other game also, so all good.

Saturday night I did try to teach my girlfriend the real way to play dominos, with scoring in multiples of 5, but after a few games and her complaining that she still did not get it when she had already won 4/5 times I said enough is enough and we went back to the Mexican Train version, where I can win most of the time anyway.

Trying to save money these days, those pesky property taxes, and while ago I did great and got chicken drumsticks for 89 cents a pound. and then my mower has issues, going to cost $160.00 for that, so easy come easy go.

Confess I have to go to the favorite quote thread now to post that.

#8241 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Confess with my recent military retirement, I tried growing out my hair and was trying a beard - but hated the feeling of both and went back to clean shaven and a military cut after just a couple of weeks. Going to try just letting it grow longer on the top of my head first, maybe a goatee later though not sure how it would look with all the gray hairs...

#8242 1 year ago

I enjoy playing virtual pins...a lot.

#8243 1 year ago

Confess…I’m on the shitter right now (at work).

#8244 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wiggles:

I enjoy playing virtual pins...a lot.

Only ever tried one once (it was a good one apparently) i drained the last two balls. I was playing it when i first got into pinballs and thought it would be a good way for me to try a game before i buy it as i've rarely had the opportunity to do that.

I was disappointed on that account. I probably didn't give it enough time for my brain to process the changes and immerse me i spose.

I could see them being a real boon for someone who was into competitive pinball too, the would be fantastic for learning scoring and progression on a number of different machines.

#8245 1 year ago

Confess to a strange Morning Mystery today.

I woke up with a broken index finger. Swollen and sore.

I have no idea how it happened.

#8246 1 year ago
    Quoted from curban:

ahh, another man of culture I see.

#8247 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wiggles:

ahh, another man of culture I see.

With such an interesting life too.

Bet he really loved preschool. Those were the days.

PooBumWeeDickyPunkin

#8248 1 year ago

I still enjoy honking at people in their backswing as I drive by the driving range by my mother in laws. Got a guy good today. Haha. When we visit my dad there's 3 holes along the road that I'm always on the lookout for a honk situation

#8249 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I still enjoy honking at people in their backswing as I drive by the driving range by my mother in laws. Got a guy good today. Haha. When we visit my dad there's 3 holes along the road that I'm always on the lookout for a honk situation

Splash people with puddles when it's raining too?

My new S20 Samsung fell out of the top of my shopping bag last week as i was crossing the road to my car. The prick coming along ran over it.

Could have been worse, i have a mate who has a mate, so a $175 repair hopefully.

#8250 1 year ago
    Quoted from curban:

I confess I can’t remember the riddle that goes along with doing your BMs at work can anyone remember?

If you took a nap too you’d hit the trifecta for F’ing off at work.

I confess I could never get away with that. Always being watched closely

There are 12,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/165 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.