Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,562 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 252.
    #8351 1 year ago

hi-forrest-gump.gifhi-forrest-gump.gif

#8352 1 year ago

Sheesh that’s two this week

#8353 1 year ago

Two announcers, maybe more used a bit of class and just turned away?

Learning about bridge burning lately.

#8354 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Two announcers, maybe more used a bit of class and just turned away?
    Learning about bridge burning lately.

I have no plans to leave. If anything I’ll just slow down someday, not sure when, then I’ll be less noticeable and then I could just slip out the back and nobody will ever notice. I’m cool with that.

#8355 1 year ago

I confess it was nice to have a half day at work today. TECHNICALLY it was still a full day but got to spend some time cleaning up the truck and that counts as work on my time sheet.

#8356 1 year ago

I don't think I will leave pinside for quite a while if ever. Partially because there are actually a lot of great people here who you can just talk and goof off with.
    Also because I don't see myself getting out of the hobby in any typical circumstances.
    I don't post as much, but I am certainly still active.

#8357 1 year ago

I confess I have wasted far more zip ties than I can count, by tightening them before it was time or by missing one when running a wire (which I've already installed permanently).

#8358 1 year ago

I'm in Mexico right now (Baja) with my family, arguably against my will. We've come here before when I was younger which was fine at the time, but I really don't like it anymore.
    I confess I don't think I will ever enjoy international travel. There are certainly good moments, but I am just not good with adjusting to certain things.
    The first thing that immediately comes to mind is lack of internet access. I never noticed it when I was younger because the internet was not really part of my life at that point. Coming back several years later I notice how dependent I am on my typical routine.
    I've only had a few days in a row without wifi but I confess it felt way longer.
    I am currently typing this on a phone. One of our three laptops broke during our trip, so other family members like to use mine. Hence the phone.
    Actually we don't even use it to call (it can't anymore anyhow) we just use it to take photos and I occasionally use it as an alternative to my laptop if necessary.
    I confess I don't really want a phone, I can do basically anything I want on a PC/laptop. Why buy another device?
    I think it probably would be good to have a simple "dumb" phone, just for convenience/safety. That being said, the lack of a cell phone has likely helped me avoid some less than ideal situations.
    I confess I can barely speak any Spanish, and I blame it mostly on my Spanish teachers. Literally every year they would teach us colors, fruit, numbers. Fine to start out with, but is pretty useless in terms of practical speaking. I am the least bilingual of my immediate family, and they are nowhere near fluent.
    Ordering at restaurants and anything beyond buying something at a market is rough.
    Looking forward to being home, but still won't be for a while.

#8359 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I have no plans to leave. If anything I’ll just slow down someday, not sure when, then I’ll be less noticeable and then I could just slip out the back and nobody will ever notice. I’m cool with that.

I've never had the ability to be unnoticeable..

#8360 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Just a off topic rant.

I hope they get it in time. My wife had something similiar, went into a couple of lymph nodes. They got it all, and that was years ago. She has a clean bill of health, I hope it turns out the same in your sister's case. Maybe she is afraid, and that's why she put it off. Fear can make you make crazy decisions.

#8361 1 year ago

Ok, big confession. Right now on vacation at the beach, but mom has gone to bed and I'm watching the Hungover Games with my two more mature kids. Luckily, they don't get half the jokes. Kind of like a Disney movie...right?

#8362 1 year ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess I don't really want a phone, I can do basically anything I want on a PC/laptop.

YES! I think we may be related somehow. We have to be in the minority big time.

Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess I can barely speak any Spanish, and I blame it mostly on my Spanish teachers. Literally every year they would teach us colors, fruit, numbers. Fine to start out with, but is pretty useless in terms of practical speaking.

I confess I cannot speak any Spanish. I also know what you are talking about when it comes to teachers, I hated school, so much crap I had to learn to pass bs tests that I knew I would never need or use in real life. Just a waste of time.

Quoted from snowy_owl:

I don't think I will leave pinside for quite a while if ever. Partially because there are actually a lot of great people here who you can just talk and goof off with.

Same here.

I swore I would never be involved with any social media, but the first time I ever needed any help and started using the forum here, I was hooked.

Just so many awesome people on this site.

Confess I have never used any of the ignore features or whatever else is here. I roll my eyes at times when I read some posts, but who knows what kind of drugs they were doing when making that post, and sometimes those people occasionally post something ok in some topics, so all good.

I really like 95% of the people on this site, and I could actually probably get along with the other 5% also, as long as we were only talking about games.

I have several topics marked as my favorite, but this topic is by far my most favorite, and pretty much the only place I relax and make long posts in.

The one client that I am tired of messing with, and bill them once a year check arrived today, confess I hope that is the last check I ever get from them. I was so tired of getting up at 5am and having to drive 2 hours round trip just to put up with their attitude.

Now with what I need to do I can get up anywhere between 8am, and the crack of noon.

I feel semi-retired, and it feels AWESOME!

Confess I never plan to retire from the things that I like to do.

Always amazing how fast time flies when I am doing work that I enjoy.

I hope all of you have a GREAT WEEKEND!

#8363 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Ok, big confession. Right now on vacation at the beach, but mom has gone to bed and I'm watching the Hungover Games with my two more mature kids. Luckily, they don't get half the jokes. Kind of like a Disney movie...right?

I confess that I was in my 40's I think before I ever realized that so many songs that I heard on the radio was actually about sex and different things back when I was young.

Your kids will be fine, and someday it will hit them, and they will be like DAMN! That was so cool how Dad let us watch that movie way back when.

#8364 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I confess that I was in my 40's I think before I ever realized that so many songs that I heard on the radio was actually about sex and different things back when I was young.
    Your kids will be fine, and someday it will hit them, and they will be like DAMN! That was so cool how Dad let us watch that movie way back when.

Thing is beside the sex jokes, there was only boobs. Told the kids, you have boobs or you've seen boobs; no big deal. My wife laughed at that.

1UP we watched before was a new movie rated R and had about just as many sex jokes, so that as a good lead in. 1UP was no good BTW.

#8365 1 year ago

Johnny - Drove through a part of Georgia on the way to Hilton Head Island. Will be back through Sunday. Just saying because I'm not usually in the same state as a lot of Pinside posters. Hitting the G line made me think of dominos and BBH.

#8366 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Johnny - Drove through a part of Georgia on the way to Hilton Head Island. Will be back through Sunday. Just saying because I'm not usually in the same state as a lot of Pinside posters. Hitting the G line made me think of dominos and BBH.

No thoughts of Natural Light also?

I may soon look at Hilton Head or other places.

I just always loved the sugary white sand beaches on the Florida panhandle, but those places have changed so much with people and rules that I need to find somewhere new when I want to go to the beach.

The place I used to always stay at I would get in their hot tub about 1am, now they close it at 10pm, and no coolers allowed, and have to get out to smoke, and just too many rules for me anymore.

I miss the good old days.

Confess while my girlfriend would love another beach trip, between the flesh-eating bacteria and "possible" shark here and there, I don't like getting in the water like I used to.

All she does is lay on the beach, while all I want to do is be in the water body surfing some waves.

It is hot and humid enough here anyway I may just order a truckload of sand and dump on the driveway and put her a towel on it and pop a CD in the player that is "sounds of the ocean".

#8367 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Drove through a part of Georgia

Last road trip riding rollercoasters was through your state a few years ago.

Through the years me and a friend went to every Six Flags in the USA, and yours was the last.

That trip we went to the Six Flags in IL, then to the Six Flags in MO, and then to Silver Dollar City.

As far as rough rides, the Six Flags in MO was by far the worst. After going there, I was too sore to really be able to enjoy Silver Dollar City.

The Six Flags 5 miles from me is the worst amusement park overall, litter, line jumpers, and foul language.

And confess I cuss plenty myself, but that is goofing off with friends, and not in front of little kids at an amusement park.

I used to love those trips and riding new to me rollercoasters, but I am done with it now, I think anyway.

Confess I do miss the drop tower in Arlington, and would love to go back to the Six Flags parks in CA, but my girlfriend is a pain on road trips, so not happening.

I never have any plans though, of ever going back to the Six Flags that is 5 miles from me, or the one in MO.

It would be sweet though if Cedar Fair could install am awesome drop tower in MN, so I would have another reason to go to MN.

#8368 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Confess I hope that day is a long time after i've stopped reading here.

#8369 1 year ago

Sunday is Silverball day. I'm excited! Bunch of people here having a fat ol time this afternoon.

pinball rules....

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057337875131

#8370 1 year ago

I confess that I was really disappointed with the ongoing CA Extreme Expo.

I spent money flying up for the day, renting a car, etc.. All in all, I DID have some fun.

But I had looked at the list of games that were supposed to be there, made a list of about 20 I was really excited to try or spend more time learning. The must-play, really want to see in person. Yeah, you guessed it. NONE of them were there. I spent an hour running thinking there must be another floor or room with the rest (there was, but only for 10 competition pins). It's really disappointing after making the effort.

I wish they either got firmer commitments from those generous enough to bring their games, or had a way of updating the list before the show - they could have kept my registration fee and I could have cancelled the flight. It seemed odd ALL of the ones I wanted to see weren't there. I choose to fly back early.

I confess that I will be in the minority. I confess it's a first-world geek problem. It still sucked.

My list - things I just never see much in person:

Apollo 13, Black Pyramid, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Cactus Canyon Continued, Cleopatra, Cybernaut, Demolition Man, Earthshaker, Harlem Globetrotters, Junkyard, Jurassic Park Data East, Laser Cue, Lost in Space, The Shadow, Spirit, T2, World Cup Soccer (ok, it was only 17).

#8371 1 year ago

This weeks cover is 99 red balloons, never realised what a beautiful anti war song this is when i couldn't understand the words.

And just for fun, 99 red balloons played entirely on balloons.

#8372 1 year ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I'm in Mexico right now (Baja) with my family, arguably against my will. We've come here before when I was younger which was fine at the time, but I really don't like it anymore.
    I confess I don't think I will ever enjoy international travel. There are certainly good moments, but I am just not good with adjusting to certain things.
    The first thing that immediately comes to mind is lack of internet access. I never noticed it when I was younger because the internet was not really part of my life at that point. Coming back several years later I notice how dependent I am on my typical routine.

I love Mexico, I'd love to live there eventually in a less touristy town like Sayulita on the West Coast. I like routines, but every time my routine gets shook up, I appreciate the opportunities for growth, new experiences, and new approaches to things.

#8373 1 year ago

Confess I rarely ever click on anything that anyone posts, but I have always liked 99 Red Ballons by Nena.

Quoted from punkin:

This weeks cover is 99 red balloons

Way too slow for me at home, but if I was in a bar and a lady was on the piano doing that song I would like it.

Quoted from punkin:

And just for fun, 99 red balloons played entirely on balloons.

That actually sounded better than the slow piano one.

Confess though, Nena singing the song in English is by far the best.

I always thought Nena was cute, until she raises her arms. Confess I think she has more armpit hair than I do.

#8374 1 year ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I love Mexico, I'd love to live there eventually

Hell, just move to my neighborhood. It is just like living in Mexico without leaving the states.

Confess the Mexican music and on site DJ's being played loudly around here gets on my nerves, but they cook some pretty good smelling food, whole neighborhood always smells like a Mexican restaurant.

They love chickens also, whole neighborhood has lots of chicken and rooster noise all day long.

Confess I like all the animal noises, feels like I am living in the country now.

My girlfriend hates it. Her birthday is coming up, I am thinking of buying her some ear plugs as a gag gift.

Confess I love it here and I never plan to move.

#8375 1 year ago

Confess I was just looking at the NFL schedule, and thinking I really want to see these games. I hope I do not get called by that client to have to get up at 5am and miss the last half of these games.

Then I remembered that I have no plans to ever mess with that client again anyway, and it feels GOOD!

Confess that I know my girlfriend really would like to go to the beach, and it sucks the place I always went to that I loved is smoke free now.

I have been looking, and looking, and looking more, and finally I found a place that says it is smoke free, but you are welcome to smoke on our balcony.

I plan to give them a call and verify.

Amazing how so many places are owned by or managed by some company called Veruca or something like that, and all that crap from so many places says no smoking and that includes vaping.

I never smoke in any rooms, only outside on a balcony.

I have not smoked pot or cigars in years, and I always smoked that stuff outdoors also.

What is next? No Natty Light drinking also? Hell, that one place I used to stay at now has rules that you have to buy all alcohol from their bar.

Some rules are good and serves a purpose, and some rules just suck.

Confess I hate the rules that suck.

#8376 1 year ago

You may have noticed that i am not good with stupid rules and tinpot authority too Johnny?

TendToBuckPunkin

#8377 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

You may have noticed that i am not good with stupid rules and tinpot authority too Johnny?
    TendToBuckPunkin

If you ever travel here and hang out with me, we would get along great!

Confess I used to want to travel to your country, but the planes and boats all have stupid rules, and I cannot swim that far, and I cannot afford my own boat that would make it that far, so I guess I am just stuck here, in my own little world with no rules while at my keyboard.

#8378 1 year ago

As much as I'd love to travel to Australia or New Zealand, I couldn't handle 20+ hrs on a plane

#8379 1 year ago

Johnny - Went back through Georgia today coming home. If they had an Interstate that bypassed Atlanta we would save an hour. Also, there was a mattres in the road that caused several rear end crashes, which slowed traffic down to a crawl after we got through downtown. Plus, some rain that also had people hitting each other. PEOPLE, learn how to drive.

Getting back to your previous posts.

6 Flags St. Louis (Eureka) - The Ninja rollercoasetr with the loop was shitty for banging your head around. They have been taking down old rides and putting in new. It's probably better now.

Hilton Head Island/Beaches - We could not afford a place on the beach, which I think is what you are looking for. We AirBnB'd a 3 bedroom villa off the beach, but they had shuttles that would get you there in minutes or you had an easy 15 min. walk. Place had a large deck where you could probably smoke whatever legal rolled up leaves of your choice. No signs saying you can't smoke cigs or cigars. Got to admit though, other than grilling I spent zero time on the deck because too hot and humid. Last summer in Tabernash Colorado I spent hours on the deck, it was so nice. Beach itself allows coolers, whatever you want. It's a big family and dog friendly place (dogs only allowed in morning and evening). Our lab had the freaking time of his life riding waves.

#8380 1 year ago

If you ever travel here and hang out with me, we would get along great!
    Confess I used to want to travel to your country, but the planes and boats all have stupid rules, and I cannot swim that far, and I cannot afford my own boat that would make it that far, so I guess I am just stuck here, in my own little world with no rules while at my keyboard.

We can carpool our funds for a yacht. Only way to travel across seas. I'm in for a hundy. Lol

#8381 1 year ago

Confess I like all the animal noises, feels like I am living in the country now.
    My girlfriend hates it. Her birthday is coming up, I am thinking of buying her some ear plugs as a gag gift

I think a lil lamb or a baby goat would be a MUCH funnier gag! She wouldn't what the hell to do! (Never take my advice!)

#8382 1 year ago

I'm used to being asleep by 10pm and up between 6 and 7am. Brother in law and wife stopped by last night. About 50 beers and half a 40 of vodka later it was 4am when my head hit the pillow and I'm still drunk at 10am. Fuk it's going to be a long day.

Just hammered a costco polish sausage. Damn it was good

#8383 1 year ago

I feel like Carl in Caddyshack the past few days. We have a gopher that's made our backyard his home. I borrowed a neighbors BB gun but need bigger shells. I hit him in the belly and head 2 days ago but he laughed at it. Other neighbor set traps in his yard. Time to get this little fukr

2Q==.jpg2Q==.jpg
    #8384 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I feel like Carl in Caddyshack the past few days. We have a gopher that's made our backyard his home. I borrowed a neighbors BB gun but need bigger shells. I hit him in the belly and head 2 days ago but he laughed at it. Other neighbor set traps in his yard. Time to get this little fukr
    [quoted image]

Make a snare with small wire! Put the loop near the hole and wrap the other end around a stake in the lawn so it can't retreat down the hole

#8385 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

[quoted image]

You need one of these gammo's. 1000fps doesn't get shrugged off. Although i have .22 rimfires that are quieter. The gammo used to have the neighbours Jack Russel hiding under his bed from the noise.

gamo (resized).jpggamo (resized).jpg

#8386 1 year ago

Confess I just spent a stupid amount of money on a new head unit for my ‘16 Highlander. I mostly wanted wireless CarPlay (my factory unit doesn’t have it at all). I screwed around on the Crutchfield site all day and finally ordered the JVC KW-Z1000W for $1400. Has a nice 10” LCD, and with the accessories (another $260), it integrates everything my factory head unit does now.

My justification is that I want to keep this car “forever”, or until owning a gas-powered SUV becomes too expensive. I’ve only put 40k miles on it in 6 years, thanks to COVID and remote work. I’m looking forward to some retirement road trips, though.

Confess I was also jealous of my wife and son for having nicer car radios than me. That’s fixed now.

#8387 1 year ago

I bought some Dusky Pygmy Rattle snakes from Tom Crutchfield in Florida!
    Edit it was a few years ago!

#8388 1 year ago

Confess I have to clear my plate as soon as I finish eating. I can't stand the wreckage being in front of me.

It's a big part of not wanting to eat in restaurants, just seeing dirty plates on peoples tables turns me off wanting to eat (plus i can cook better food than i get in most restaurants).

#8389 1 year ago

Hell, just move to my neighborhood. It is just like living in Mexico without leaving the states.

Without the beach, lower prices, cheap street tacos and open air bars, I think I'm gonna prefer Sayulita to Georgia

#8390 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

As much as I'd love to travel to Australia or New Zealand, I couldn't handle 20+ hrs on a plane

Pop a xanax and put on some podcasts, you can sleep through most of it. Or break up the flights with a layover. Although the longest flight I've done was from Seattle to London direct, which wasn't near that long.

#8391 1 year ago

Fly business. Big chairs/bunks, top food and drinks, expedited seating and no cattle queues. And business lounge for transfer waits.

That is all. No more to say.

#8392 1 year ago

Confess it's just amazing that they can have a highly trained dog that can sniff out a sausage.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/most-expensive-maccas-meal-traveller-fined-for-carrying-mcmuffins-from-indonesia/zw1d2wfgb

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#8393 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

This is how I feel with Hawaii so I couldn’t begin to imagine the above.

#8394 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess it's just amazing that they can have a highly trained dog that can sniff out a sausage.
    https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/most-expensive-maccas-meal-traveller-fined-for-carrying-mcmuffins-from-indonesia/zw1d2wfgb
    [quoted image]

Confess I have to agree with that.

Anything McDonalds or any other fast-food place has for sale could be a biosecurity risk item.

#8395 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

We can carpool our funds for a yacht. Only way to travel across seas. I'm in for a hundy. Lol

I could do a couple hundy also.

Confess now I am curious. How many miles is it if we set sail from Miami vs. San Diego?

We would for sure need to bring a generator and that one pinball machine that we all agree with that would be a must have if ever marooned on a deserted island.

#8396 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

This is how I feel with Hawaii so I couldn’t begin to imagine the above.

Try flying back from Hawaii with a super intense sunburn after deciding one layer of sunscreen would cut it for 3 hours of wave boarding before flying home. No amount of drinks and pain pills would make me comfortable. Living in the Northwest, I swapped Mexico for Hawaii for my tropical trips, I get their way faster and everything is so much cheaper.

#8397 1 year ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Try flying back from Hawaii with a super intense sunburn after deciding one layer of sunscreen would cut it for 3 hours of wave boarding before flying home. No amount of drinks and pain pills would make me comfortable. Living in the Northwest, I swapped Mexico for Hawaii for my tropical trips, I get their way faster and everything is so much cheaper.

No way I would fly anywhere anymore. Too many rules, I hate rules.

For my tropical trips I go to South Florida, a 9-hour drive from here if no slow pokes in the fast lane.

Confess I am done with taking any road trips on Fridays anymore, it seems that is when traffic is always the worst.

In 1987 a group of us went to Cancun. The only thing I liked was the 2 for $1.00 margaritas.

I tried to be careful and not drink the water but I ended up very sick right before time to leave.

One person was robbed and beat up on that trip, and one person was detained when we were leaving and almost was stuck there over something stupid.

I know Tony Beets and his wife from the TV show Gold Rush goes to Mexico every winter, same as Wild Bill from the Deadliest Catch TV show, and all good, but not for me.

We are all different and like different things, but even though maybe more expensive, I still plan to drive and support the economy of the country that I call home.

Gas round trip is $200.00 at the most, no rental car needed, and I can drink the water without worry.

Confess I get the price thing though. Long ago my Dad went to Ecuador on a fishing trip, and he could not believe the awesome steak dinners for 75 cents.

To me though, the only way it would really make sense is to either just move to a place like that, or at least spend 6 months at a time there, because as high as airfare and rental cars are, for me anyway 200 bucks and 9 hours drive for a week seems better.

Back in 1987 I did notice several car tags at the hotel were from states here in the USA. No way I would do that. I just put up with slow pokes and speed traps, and no worries about cartels.

All good, we all have our habits and places we would rather be.

I love it right here where I am, with at most a 10-hour drive when I am ready for tropical. (9 if no slow-pokes).

#8398 1 year ago

I could do a couple hundy also.
    Confess now I am curious. How many miles is it if we set sail from Miami vs. San Diego?
    We would for sure need to bring a generator and that one pinball machine that we all agree with that would be a must have if ever marooned on a deserted island.

I have your solution (don't thank me yet), but it's possible to rent berths on container ships cheap.

You're non working crew, so you can smoke on the deck, fish of the back, drink piss and play domino's.

It'll take 6 weeks o get here, but you'll have each others company for that 'train' thing.....

#8399 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Foot and mouth, shit, anyone with a kid in preschool dealt with that at least once. Not serious at all.

#8400 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Foot and mouth, shit, anyone with a kid in preschool dealt with that at least once. Not serious at all.

well not here on an island....

Maybe you know more about border protection than customs, but i'll leave them in charge here....even if they do this....

https://www.newsflare.com/video/169429/australian-flight-attendants-use-bug-spray-on-qantas-flight

There are 12,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/168 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.