Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

997 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ejs. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #2412 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Seems a funny thing to post on a social media forum.

Poor snowy_owl someone took out an account in his name.

#2414 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

True. Good point.

I think most of us get what you mean tho....no FB, Twitter, Instagram....all those icons you now see on the side of condiment packages. I'm the same way. I have about 3 or 4 accounts for forums that are specific to a certain topic/hobby.

#2438 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess that I don't own a cat but I still enjoy looking at the cats and pinballs thread as well.

I lurk in that thread as well. While I don't have time to give the proper attention to a pet I do find animals quite therapeutic.

#2439 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Sounds more like a bitch!! There's a thread for that too.

We could start a thread for phone and ISP's alone. Don't get me started.

2 weeks later
    #2471 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I confess that I love giving a thumbs up anytime I can.
    Sometimes if a comment was not great and I skipped giving a thumbs up, I actually go back and give a thumbs up.
    I am 100% neutral, and just having a good time, and I never want anyone to think "well, he never gives me a thumbs up, but he always gives so and so a thumbs up".

Same. I also appreciate your thumbs up as well. It's the little things that can make a difference. I always try to catch new users and give them some positive feedback if I can.

Problem with internet is they let just about anyone on it (look at me) so you'll find some negativity and with enough people there will always be difference in opinion.

Earlier this year I enabled "keep it positive" with only showing thumbs up option.

Pro tip, your mood actually improves if you turn off the percentage display on your phone. I've done this and it works.

#2515 3 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

I confess I've never actually seen anyone drink a natural light beer before.Nothing personal.

What constitutes a “natural” light beer? Asking for a friend....who many or may not be named Samuel Adams or in some cases John Jameson.

Just don’t let it be Omission, i swear it means they omitted flavor.

#2522 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Omission beer is gluten free. I went gluten free for quite a while in support of my daughter who has celiac disease and it is by far one of the best gluten free beers there is other than maybe Glutenberg. The others don’t even resemble beer. It’s made like regular beer and then they remove the gluten after the fact. Whereas the others don’t have wheat or barley in them. They use things like sorghum as their main ingredient. Which makes it taste pretty bad. And I’ll eat and drink pretty much anything.

Yeah I dated someone who had that. It was nice not having to worry about my beer or leftovers getting consumed if I slept in late the next day. She mostly drank white claw (I think that's what it's called) or whatever and that was fine by me. I just couldn't have any of her GF food though.

#2523 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

I confess I had beer for breakfast. Together with panfried sourdough bread with pungent cheese and cured meats.

A few years back there was a guy who went on a beer only diet for 3 weeks to lose weight. It worked.

#2525 3 years ago

Maybe that is what helps keeping me slim!

There is a certain way of making pizza where the grease is coated in such a way your body doesn't absorb much of the nutrients or something and if you eat that pizza and beer all the time you're basically starving yourself.

But to me that sounds like good living!

#2527 3 years ago
    Quoted from PaulROwen:

So true!
    Is DM direct mail or Demo Man.
    Is IM Iron Maiden or Iron Man.

Is that a cactus canyon in your pocket or are you just carrying a credit card?

#2535 3 years ago

Thanks guys!
    I never get headaches, but I had a bad sinus headache last night, and opposite problems on the other end.
    That all started before I even had a Natty.
    I must be allergic to whatever rag weed or pollen is happening now.
    The other problem must have been my girlfriends cooking.
    I hope everyone is having a awesome Holiday!

Have you tried Flonase before? I’m going to try it for the first time tonight, or maybe mornings are better. I don’t have allergies per se but sinus issues for other reasons.

Oh and don’t worry about money either it’s overrated and you can’t take it with you.

#2541 3 years ago

(I do like the smell of some drugs, the good old days when we had concerts).
    And thanks EJS, and all others that try to be helpful!
    We are all getting older and may need advice and help as time goes by.

Drugs are like spare tires they are good for getting you to the next stop but you don’t want to drive cross country with them.

I’m generally more sensitive to medication than others and I’ll have opposite reactions than most people do. Like Sudafed apparently most people get drowsy from it but for me it’s like caffeine.

For prescription drugs and recreational drugs you are always going to find arguments for and against them. You need to do what you feel is best for you. Obviously it’s best to take good responsibility too. You have to want to help yourself first before accepting help from others, that’s my belief, otherwise it’s a waste for others that do. Unfortunately there are people out there that see different than you and I.

#2542 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Nothing to be pissed off about. I get them. And a few have gotten into it with me. Life's too short to worry about such things. I just ignore them and move on.
    LTG : )

I noticed that too. I mean, if you have 200 some upvotes and 1 downvote I don’t think it’s a matter of saying something wrong. Even if it’s an opinionated thing who cares if someone disagrees with ya. Everyone agreeing with you can even be boring sometimes.

Besides it’s easy to hit the downvote it’s right next to the upvote. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve caught my phone falling and pressed the wrong thing.

I’ve been downvoted I don’t care I’m not changing my mind based on that. If someone wants to respond to me and provide some info I’m more willing to listen to that.

Few months ago I turned off the downvote feature anyway. If I don’t agree with something I just move on. It’s that easy.

#2543 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i don't read Jonnies posts if they are longer than 1 paragraph.

Good thing he types everything out in different sentence rather than paragraphs haha

#2546 3 years ago

And I type really slow, to try to make it easier to read.

It is much easier to read.

#2547 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess I've reached the age where a good crap gives greater satisfaction than an orgasm.

I can relate to this. Not sure if that's a good thing.

#2550 3 years ago

I confess I type with only 2 fingers. I am pretty fast though.

I confess I’ve seen LTG type like that years ago. Maybe he’s gotten faster; or just wiser.

#2552 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Still do.
    If I go too fast one finger passes the other and I get strange words.

I don’t even notice how I type but it’s MAYBE with a couple more fingers though I don’t even notice.

I make more sense on paper anyhow so I won’t complain.

#2575 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The 9/11 thread got me thinking about the Congdon Mansion in Duluth Minnesota.
    I heard from people that have toured it, that if you ask. The guides won't say which room Elizabeth Congdon was murdered in.
    There were pictures and maps in the newspaper when it happened. So it's not hard to figure out.
    I always thought it would be fun to go on the tour. ( except for the price, $15 to $26 ) and when you get into that room scream, "it's Elizabeth" and fall forward doing a fake faint.

I’ve been there twice over the years and always did the self guided tour too. I think if you pay the extra you get access to the top two floors or something like that.

Yeah they are tight lipped about what happened (or didn’t happen) years ago.

#2582 3 years ago

These days I worry about 2 things:
    1. this virus(I am in the risk with age and blood sugar issues). I try to be very careful with all that.
    2. peaceful protesters that may shoot me when I go out to buy food. And I try to be very careful with all that also.
    AND I have said it before, but DAMN I wish something could happen to help with all the fires out west.

On the fires, I always look at those wood pillars for the electrical infrastructure. It makes you think some areas might not see electricity until next year if the post hurricane areas down south are facing months.

If you come to MN (and you should) you’d probably be fine from a “mostly peaceful protest” perspective. Coming into MSP airport you are technically in Bloomington. That’s where the Mall of America is. Some people gather there for events but the spillage onto the freeway is usually closer to downtown. From the airport there is a highway that can bring you to Hopkins that shouldn’t give you any hassle. In that suburb there isn’t too much shenanigans right now.

From a Covid perspective you may need to give some things a little more time.

#2601 3 years ago

Close, only 14. and at the moment I would be fine being single again.
    A real shame she loves all the games, but has to come in here with a attitude.
    And if anyone actually does read the long shit I post, normally I am trying to be funny, but the funny stuff is in between all the other rant stuff.
    Damn she is awesome so much of the time, and lives just 3 doors down on the other side of the lake on the next street over.
    But she may have to go soon, I am getting tired of that attitude, and being accused of shit I have not done just because I am wearing a shirt she has never seen before or something stupid.
    I am the same as always, she is going nuts.
    She thinks even I am talking to females on here, (I wish). No females here, just kill me now.
    Damn I was hoping to keep enjoying life with her, but hell no, I am tired of being accused of crap I have not even thought about doing, and she is just getting way too nutty for me to deal with.

This is a song I’ve seen sung by many guys. If it’s not a shit test it’s a jealously issue with your happiness being validated by something that isn’t her. I can go on but it’s usually stuff people aren’t wanting to hear.

A person can walk away with two legs just as easily as a pinball can walk away with four. Be careful.

#2616 3 years ago

I confess I'm too exhausted to move a pinball in past my front door. Rather sit on the sofa with a beer (left) and check the confessional (right) to see what's going on with LTG and JohnnyPinball007 and the rest of you.

IMG_6374 (resized).jpgIMG_6374 (resized).jpg
    #2624 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

I confess I too have had on more that one occasion a game sit in my front hall overnight or even a day or two after getting back late from a retrieval. I also have a "one week" max family rule for pins being upstairs, either in the hall or setup in the living room for "testing" before mandatory movement to the basement. I have violated that rule at least a few times ...

Trying to think of the rules of my house there aren’t many.

Smoking in the garage only.

Coaster for your drink if it’s on wood.

Shoes off in the basement cause previous owner went with pasty white carpeting.

Point your gun at wall with dirt on other side while loading/checking.

There might be a couple others I can’t think of off the top of my head.

#2641 3 years ago

I thought I was ok, but now not so sure. (tree bark thing, not funny, any doctors here)?

There’s a few but I’m sure they’d all tell you to have it looked at.

Stay healthy it’s one of the most valuable things you’ll ever have.

#2642 3 years ago

I did good with all that, I made it to 10k positives without the first negative on Ebay, and by 25k positives I only had 3 negs, and they were all assholes from Canada for some reason(sorry) it was just the way it was 20 years ago, no offence intended.

I remember (wait...I confess) my first neutral on eBay and I couldn’t sleep all week. Now I think it’s been over 10 years since I logged into eBay. If I need something I’ll buy it elsewhere. If I want to sell something I’ll sell it locally. I don’t have any rare or unique things that merit “hey you should sell that on eBay”. I think they got rid of the neutral option on eBay too.

Don’t be afraid by offending people if it’s the facts. If you got all negs from Canada you can’t help it. Well, maybe if you didn’t screw up the transaction IM JUST KIDDING!!!

I don’t see myself being a minimalist but I plan on having fewer possessions the older I get. Quick nobody look at the pinball machines.

#2654 3 years ago

Sorry I have to be short at the moment, but that is AWESOME!
    I also helped my Mom a lot, I have purchased 2 brand new cars in my life, and both of them were for my Mom.
    Mom is still driving the last new one now.
    Mom always tells everyone what a awesome son I have been, and LTG, I am sure you have heard that many times also!
    I confess I wish we could all just help each other these days, like we used to.
    And LTG is the king of helping, no matter what he has always been here helping.
    And I confess while ago a topic came up that I was about to joke I was ready to get my popcorn.
    But that is the old me, and there is a new me that just said hell no, I will not have anything to do with that topic.
    I confess I am so glad this site has rules, and moderators checking in and doing a awesome job.
    I love it when I can just read posts on here and just give a thumbs up.
    I confess, sometimes I want to give a thumbs up, but not sure I understand fully, so I go back later to see if others have approved.
    I never said I was very smart, sometimes I wait for others to also approve something.
    And it would be awesome if not only LTG could tell some more AWESOME! stories here, but also maybe a daily pic of Prada in the Dogs Rule!
    (and maybe soon I can get a smartphone and a rescue dog myself). And do more here.
    (and yeah, I am still not sure about that pine bark thing, only seems to bug me after a few beers).
    GOODNIGHT PINSIDE! I wish all of us the best always!

I confess I have really boring dreams. Last night I had a dream I was waiting around at an airport just picking dirt out of my nails. Which doesn’t make sense because I don’t keep them long enough for that to be possible.

Anyway, my ma still drives. The heat hardly works at all but she won’t get a new vehicle because she likes the seat in hers so much and all the new vehicles are uncomfortable. I tend to agree on that part. She doesn’t drive much at all anymore so I don’t think it should be that big of a deal. But a few weeks out of the year the cold weather can be life or death if you get stuck for awhile.

I’m trying to think of the first time LTG helped me, what game it was and what the problem was. I think it involved his generosity involving a bushing or fuse. I actually have a part I’ve been meaning to bring by for him but still a little hesitant to stop in even though I now live closer to SS billiards. I don’t come in direct contact with COVID people for work but I worry I’m a likely carrier so I’m choosy where I go these days not wanting to be a spreader. Those I do visit with I know they’ve already had it. I wouldn’t be able to turn down a kiss from Prada either.

Yeah mods are pretty ontop of things here which keeps the place clean. I mean we are here for pinball first and foremost. There are plenty of forums out there to talk about other things.

I was going to talk more but I confess there is no food in the house and I need to get fed before setting up some games. Anxious to see if my Card Wiz I bought even works. I have no idea.

#2657 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I confess I've been reading about how vibrant secular democracies fall to authoritarian theocratic rule.

I would so much love to have a conversation about this but I’m happy to not have any modded posts. It’s actually quite fascinating how this takes place every time.

#2671 3 years ago

And I confess that while ago I told my girlfriend that once this virus stuff gets under control we are making a road trip to MN to go to a very fun arcade.

See you soon.....hopefully

#2687 3 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

I confess I'm not sure about this retirement thing.It's been 3 months.All I seem to do is drink wine,smoke weed,watch sports,listen to the Grateful Dead,wander around my forest property and drink beer.I don't get it.

Give yourself some good purpose. New projects/ hobbies and volunteer work comes to mind.

I do all of those things too (no longer smoke weed) but that would get old day in day out. But I still enjoy my career....most of the time.

I’ll confess my interest in sports is heading downhill fast. Not just because Vikings are 0-2 I gave up on them many seasons ago.

#2697 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Real men don't take selfies!!

differences (resized).jpgdifferences (resized).jpg
    #2721 3 years ago

I confess I’m not looking forward to getting my next machine. I’m more concerned about the condition of the building than the game itself. I took this pic earlier today and heading over in an hour with extra people to help....I couldn’t get any closer due to clutter...which will need to be dealt with on my next arrival.

Bringing more than a wrench and dolly to move it though....

36BD3AFD-1F22-4B6C-A855-01C5BB6FC76A (resized).jpeg36BD3AFD-1F22-4B6C-A855-01C5BB6FC76A (resized).jpegBE5CCB7C-C9B2-44DF-90A1-7A1EFCDB159B (resized).jpegBE5CCB7C-C9B2-44DF-90A1-7A1EFCDB159B (resized).jpeg
    #2723 3 years ago

Gained access. Time for a break. Lots of animal doo doo in building hopefully not in game.

62F5DD1E-FB06-4136-BFD6-A0AA34F8C3D7 (resized).jpeg62F5DD1E-FB06-4136-BFD6-A0AA34F8C3D7 (resized).jpeg
    #2732 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess that I have never once watched a horror movie, because I'm too wimpy, and scary things scare me.

As my uncle says "why would I want to pay someone to scare me"? Says the same thing about haunted houses.

#2747 3 years ago

I confess today I learned people are sometimes sensitive about their rare games or rare collectibles.

I don’t care, stick me in front of a TAF and I’m happy. I had to have someone point out to me in my own home I own a sample game without even knowing it. I now enjoy it just as much as I did before.

#2748 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I confess I still look up how to spell words like schadenfreude and vacuum

There is definately at least one word I always spell wrong and now you see how I spell it.

1 week later
    #2775 3 years ago

I confess I don’t miss any of the above.

#2792 3 years ago

Thanks everyone!
    This sucks. I have had it before but the pain is a lot worse this time.
    A lot of my family has diverticulitis and I think I have that at the moment.
    I am about to have some soup and lay down.
    I hope all of you are having a awesome day!

I just had a frozen lunch and now have 45 minutes until a doctor appointment for my head so I’m not exactly leaps and bounds ahead of you. I think I might need some more pumpkin beer it’s been awhile...

1 week later
    #2809 3 years ago

I confess my last name is not Pinball

Wait, what?

Next thing your going to tell us is your not a 00?

2 weeks later
    #2854 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Yeah. Im getting worried about johnnypinball007. Anyone know how to reach him? I remember reading he has been buying/selling with other Pinsiders. Someone should have his phone number?
    Normally I wouldnt react like this, but since he also been posting about not feeling good..

I have his contact information on Google I haven’t checked to see if it included his number. I have his e mail has anyone else e mailed him? I’d assume if he’s responding to e mail he would be on pinside.

#2858 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess that every time I see new posts in this thread I think to myself "Oh good, maybe johnnypinball007 is back!"

Same here...sorry that my posting likely induced that feeling.

#2860 3 years ago

Great news! (copying and pasting this from an e mail from him. I know some of you including myself might not believe it since it's less than 3 pages)

Hey, this is JohnnyPinball007 and I am fine, but I still have no internet service to get back on here. It took 4 days to get power back, and I finally had to cut a tree off power lines myself to get out and buy ice for the Natties. No other lines have went back on the power poles yet here.

I am at my girlfriends house typing this, and I hate her computer, so keeping this short.

Anyway, I confess I will be glad when the cable company gets their act together and gets the lines fixed so I can enjoy Pinside again.

#2864 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Its funny how small things can change a negative outlook.
    Last year I couldn't find a project EM. I Serviced 3 the Winter before and thought it would go on forever.
    Now I have one in the truck and 2 more to go get. Super stoked!
    Time to get away from politics, misinformation, negative vibe internet content.
    Time to get productive.
    The Shakers from Kentucky had a Philosophy;
    Do everything as if you will live a thousand years but die tomorrow.
    Always liked that.

I agree it’s good to stay informed but yes staring at the tube all day really does rot your brain. Time to be productive. I remember when covid started and people uploaded all the silly videos they made of them doing trick shots around their house. They might get a little fame but I had the mindset to clean up the house and get some pinball machines cleaned up. I was also out on medical leave March 1st so it was time to focus on recovering for me. I’m much better and back to work but still in some rehab and hoping that doesn’t get shut down again.

Even if you are on a budget I can’t remember the web site but they teach free courses and you get a certificate after. It’s not fancy but it’s a way to improve yourself ESPECIALLY if you are someone who lost your job this year.

1 week later
    #2894 3 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

With all that’s going on, and most stores have their bathrooms closed! I confess that I drink my 3rd coffee on the road, grossly paid for public parking n pissed in the parkade! And I really don’t feel bad about it..

I travel a lot for work. Gas stations are the place to “go”. Understandably there is some risk going in there but that’s everywhere you go.

I try to find a restroom at the hospitals I go to that are down a hallway most people don’t know about that are likely to be used less.

#2895 3 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

I confess that this is my 1000th post and somehow I don't feel any different than I did before.

Hey we are tied too! I made my 1,000th a few hours ago.

Now that I have my badge that says I haven’t been moderated in a long time I no longer have to hold back about how I feel about you people.....

Y’all are the best!!!!

1 week later
    #2917 3 years ago

By the way, HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

The table seems to get smaller every year and this year is no exception, but, I’m still here and in some ways that feels like an accomplishment.

Hopefully we’ll all be here to wish everyone well next year.

1 week later
    #2927 3 years ago

I confess I already miss my space mission I sold earlier today. Only reason I sold it was for “rescuing” another one late last month.

It sounds like it’s going to a great home. I put a lot of time into it last winter getting everything rebuild and it plays really tight and fast.

This confirms I won’t sell the one I have now. I also confess I’m not the biggest fan of WMS EMs (I still want a Grand Prix) but I really like Kordek’s designs and have great memories talking to him way back in the days I sometimes struggle to remember as clearly as I used to.

#2938 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess that i haven't turned the television on in over 5 months.

You aren't missing anything.

#2953 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I confess that I have really bad insomnia (been a brutal week) and that there’s nothing like a good night of sleep. I wouldn’t wish insomnia and sleep deprivation on my worst enemy.

I had that last night fell asleep at 3.

Not having to get up for work I sleep a lot better. I actually sleep a little less that way because the quality goes up.

#2963 3 years ago

Viagra makes my wrists hurt.

Maybe switch off left and right every few minutes to alleviate?

#2966 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Since it's the Christmas season. I'll go with this.
    1987 I believe. A dear friend called me for help. I've known "J" longer than anyone else. Some twenty years at that point.
    Seems his four children submitted their Christmas wish lists. His name sake and oldest child J jr. had only one thing on his list. He wanted a Nintendo Techmo football.
    This was two weeks before Christmas. J told me everybody was sold out and wondered if I had any connections. I told him the impossible takes a month. I lived for scrounging. But with only two weeks, I couldn't promise anything.
    I skipped the usual stores and places. I concentrated on customers. I figured if someone had it, I could buy it for an exorbitant price and they could get a new one after the holidays when they would be available again.
    I was amazed at how few people had any home systems. This was after the video fad bubble burst and I figured more people now had home systems.
    J is calling me daily to see if I found anything. Nada, and the clock is ticking. I really felt bad. Letting him and his son down. I had rattled every tree and shook every branch I could think of. Even called in favors.
    About 11pm the night before Christmas Eve Day, the younger brother of one of my customers stops in and gave me a brand new in the box still wrapped Nintendo Techmo football game. I about sh*t. I thought I'd run out of time and there was no hope. I asked what $$$$ I owed him. He said nothing. They were at a house and the guy had all kinds of home gaming systems. They saw it. Remembered his older brother mentioned it to him that I was looking for one. So he stole it and brought it to me.
    So I called my friend and told him I'd drive up the hour or so North of the Twin Cities and be there early enough so he could wrap it and surprise his son on Christmas day.
    Kids being kids got up earlier than expected and a day sooner. Christmas already was in full swing when I arrived. I gave Jim the game, his wife wrapped it. And shocked the crap out of his son. Who thought it would never happen.
    Thus began a new chapter in my escapades. Dealing in "hot" Christmas presents.

That reminds me of a once famous movie that was filmed around here many years ago. I’ve probably been to Mickeys diner more times than I can count and every time I’ve been in SOMEONE makes a comment. I think I might even have it on VHS somewhere.

So, have you stocked up on PS5s for this this year? I honestly don’t know what’s hot this year. I confess I’m so out of touch with society and I also confess I’m completely ok with that.

I’m more happy beating a steel ball around in a wooden box than the next PS this or XBOX that. It’s funny if you think about it, some of the stuff we play is older than other home gaming systems that you can’t give away. I’m prepared to throw my second PS3 away even after bringing it back to life by putting the motherboard in the oven. It’s a hack to reflow the solder on the thermal sensor in the middle of the CPU chip. Bought it used for $100 but I’m determined to squeeze every last penny out of it.

#2971 3 years ago

I confess I want to join the “middle pop bumper” club.

#2985 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I confess. I am very interested in an Atgames virtual pinball. The price point is very low and I only have room for two games. It would be nice to have one game that can have many next to my real pinball machine. However, I have never played a virtual pin (not counting on iPad), so I don't know if it will suck.

One of my friends has one and another has one on order. Might not be the same mfg as yours but I’m told graphics cards are king. If you don’t have a good one you won’t have a good time. The one I’ve played is several years old and quite outdated and I actually had a good time.

Do your research which is something I haven’t done so I can’t advise you one way or the other.

I’m also told be expected to navigate and execute and modify things in the Windows shell from time to time.

#2986 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I don't usually read those either. Maybe those that post just can't decide due to not having location play to decide and need group think. Others just want their choices validated. The threads I do read I only give one page and then gone.

The worst is game 1 vs game 2 vs game 3.

Well, do you like shooting a ball at old structures (MM) or shooting a ball at futuristic vehicles (AFM) depending on PERSONAL PREFERENCE you might have a different vote than the next person.

Amazing there are more threads on the VS than most any other subforum.

1 week later
    #3026 3 years ago

(got to be up super early, so this is super short).
    I confess that I am so glad that I was not alive from 1920-1933.
    Prohibition years.
    (8th Natty, and next to last one)

I confess I'm completely sober tonight. Haven't even had time for a beer. At my friends now looking at pinballs in the shop then I need to get home and confess I'm not looking forward to shoveling all the snow that's coming down. I'm ready for spring.

2 weeks later
    #3091 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I confess that I want to know if they are still married or not.

The odds are in your favor that they are not.

#3101 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I know how you feel. just announced my game room at near capacity and stopped looking at pinball machines, just had a couple spare places in case something special popped up.
    Bought three in a week. Shark, Fathom and Spectrum.

Hopefully you aren’t like me and cramming wedgheads and wood rails in your front closet....and one of them isn’t even mine.

1 week later
    #3141 3 years ago

Is there a way to get to "the basement", or just gone forever?

I clicked on that, and it just said error.
    Thanks for the replies though! I was just curious what happened after I wanted to post there and could not find it anywhere.
    I have seen a lot of threads get closed down, but most slowly ended with topic closed

There is a fix to avoid that error I think you have to enable all the subforums as a setting on the left or in the gear settings can’t remember which. It’s actually easier to find threads by Google them in cases like that.

10-4 on that drugs and alcohol stuff too. My dads wife thought she could drink just slow enough to not get drunk. You should have seen her at the end of the night. Better yet you should have seen me run her and my dad out of my house after I tried to stop them from drinking and driving. I’d like to think I helped save the lives of people I would never know and that’s ok by me.

#3151 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Steak and Ale in Golden Valley many years ago.

I remember their loaves of bread and butter being very delicious. One time they let me take home two extra. I think that was on a Sunday they were slow or something. I recall they always baked them fresh. Other times I couldn't even get a refill on bread before the food came.

#3159 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess that I have not been posting here lately and I am not even sure why. I guess I just don't have anything interesting to talk about.

My excuse is work has been very busy and haven’t had much time to check into Pinside. At best I’m able to just view a select number of threads. I got 10 hours of sleep last night and still tired. No illness symptoms just tired and working a lot so hopefully that’s all it is.

Hopefully this weekend I’ll be able to catch up more. However Sunday I’m hoping to stop by someone who lives about 6 blocks from me and has a WMS Fire! Haven’t played one in about a decade.

#3168 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Saw this and my mind immediately went “JOHNNY!” That sign sums up Johnny and this thread these days. Lol!
    [quoted image]

Holy crap truth in advertising.

#3172 3 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

My confession..I have never used my snooze button on any alarm clock. Isn’t the idea, if you set the alarm at a specific time, to wake up?

When I have to get up to an alarm I usually wake up several times before it goes off. So much so that the need for the actual arm is slim to none.

Overall I don't use an alarm clock.

#3180 3 years ago

And for whatever reason, I have done it my entire life, even if I know your name, I always will just call you man.
    (hey man, what's up, hey man, how have you been, etc.)
    In person I am big time easy going and easy to get along with.

+1 I'm usually a little slow with names for whatever reason but good with faces.

#3215 3 years ago

I confess I wish I was their size so I could join on the relaxation.

CBCAD33C-2E12-4626-9E25-080D09968491 (resized).jpegCBCAD33C-2E12-4626-9E25-080D09968491 (resized).jpeg
    #3219 3 years ago

At the moment I just really hope I have my girlfriend this time next week, she is not doing well.

Don't wait until things get worse. Best to be proactive. I hate going to the hospital (as a patient) but it's better to nip stuff in the bud.

1 week later
    #3247 3 years ago

I confess I am almost 100 posts behind in the Funny Caption thread. Time to catch up!

#3262 3 years ago

I own two each dots. One I used to keep downstairs in the kitchen and the other is in the bedroom. Bedroom one I still use as an alarm clock and to turn lights off check outside temp etc. I’ve since unplugged the one downstairs it doesn’t need to hear my conversations or TV habits but it’s not like my conversations are anything exciting it’s just keeping the “powers” out of my life. Maybe I’ll relocate it to the basement and it can listen to my pinballs turned up all the way.

#3268 3 years ago

I confess this Natty Cake looks delicious

rare-31 (resized).jpgrare-31 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #3307 3 years ago

And my NIB EHOH is supposed to arrive in May. I am looking forward to the adult humor I have heard that the game has.

*2 months later*

Hey where’s Johnny? He hasn’t posted to Pinside in a week is everything okay?

—yeah his HoH showed up last weekend

Seriously you are going to love that game even if it didn’t have the humor.

#3316 3 years ago

I confess I have never added anything to a pinball machine.

I’ve never been a huge fan of toppers for pins. The most value I get are the beacons on HS HS2 and F14 and Pinbot TaF is alright too from a flasher perspective. The flapping fish is a little obnoxious on FT. I mean, a lot of them are great concepts that one included but they just don’t do much for me. I bought a FG once and there was a metal topper made by a local guy Matt and I liked the simplicity of it. I think they were supposed to be drop in replacements for when Stern had that cardboard/fiber board that would flip up.

Guess what I mean is if I had a few hundred to spend on an existing game I’d first put some money into Titan rubbers or maybe some GI LEDs. Another local here Mustang Paul pulls out all the stops and probably invests more in mods than the games are worth but those games are a sight to see.

I didn’t fall asleep until 330 last night so I better call it here too. Hopefully you can make it up to MN this summer. Before covid there were BBH at every bar. I don’t think I’ve sat down inside a restaurant in over a year. Last summer I did some outdoor seating on patio.

#3333 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I haven’t looked at the ‘what did you bring home today ‘ in ten thousand posts[quoted image]

Depends how long that’s been some of the first 100 games brought home might have already been sold again

1 week later
    #3344 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess that I'm confused why there are so many people here. Maybe a glitch? [quoted image]

I’ve seen this a few times before. I think there might be a thread on this somewhere else.

#3348 3 years ago

I confess I like the new updates to the website for thread data.

I understand the graph per each thread but trying to figure out why the pulse next to each user appears....dimensionally different.

#3349 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

A sleeping bag under the deck is good enough for me.

My friends always offer to sleep under the games as my collection invades more spare bedrooms upstairs. I have 1 left with a twin mattress for anyone coming in from out of town or for those who....indulge a little too much and need to sleep it off.

Reminds of when I partly ran tournaments years ago had to crash at a nearby collectors house when away from home. He was kind enough to let me sleep on his air mattress in the game room. It was almost 3:00 in the morning and he wanted to show me his new spinner decals he got in the mail and I'm 2 hours past my bedtime not to mention had enough to drink. I'm like buddy this is awesome but PLEASE, I need to sleep.

#3361 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Something that's ok to call "a table"

What’s your favorite game? Mines Pinball Deluxe

#3368 3 years ago

I confess reading some topics I like to look at to relax has me puzzled.
    Lots of downvotes going on, and I did not see any reason for so many, or any at all for that manner.

1) Forum Settings
    2) Interactive Features
    3) Upvotes Only

Presto, no more downvotes visible

#3386 3 years ago

You would think you couldn’t tell the difference between 3.2 and “regular beer” but you can. Even without being told when you have one you get suspicious and look on the side and sure enough....3.2

Also I think they had some silly law until a few years back, maybe they still do, limiting how far away from downtown MPLS and on certain roads, who could apply for on sale liquor licenses. This was constructed around the beats for police......before they drove in cars.

#3392 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

got it! There's strange rules in Pa also, like beer and wine sold in stores but hard liquor sold in state stores.

Last time I was there I recall off sale you could only buy by the case of 24 or was I doing something wrong?

1 week later
    #3428 3 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Today I used a small pinball rubber to hack a fix to a toilet handle (inside the tank), worked great. I love how home repair and pin repair skills are transferable. Dumb but durable mechanical hacks are my favorite.

I bought one of those cheap electric/battery chainsaws for one job for an evergreen tree. The gear that drives the chain was acting goofy so took it apart. The c clip was broken. Had to get the job done same day so pulled the C clip off the shooter rod of my F14 and still works great today! It wasn’t a close fit (for safety) but it was an exact fit which is why I left it on. Might even be better quality than the factory one.

#3430 3 years ago

I confess I missed you all over the last 6 days or so.

#3432 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

It is really my only social media.

Same here. Just have a YouTube to track my favorite channels and Dave handles all social media for our Pinball Outpost mostly cause I don’t speak the social media language.

#3434 3 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I confess that I’m worried that JohnnyPinball007 hasn’t posted here yet (post-outage).

He'll be back soon hopefully. We e mailed yesterday and said he's having issues with his computer too.

I have his cell number around here too if things get worse.

#3436 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

My avatar got lost when pinside crashed, which sucks because I can't find the picture any more.
    But dang, I'm glad pinside is back. I didn't quite realize how hooked I am on pinside until it went out.

Is it completely blank right now? And are you on your phone? For me mine is clear on my phone if I login with my laptop everything is fine. I can still see your owl.

#3437 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Is it completely blank right now? And are you on your phone? For me mine is clear on my phone if I login with my laptop everything is fine. I can still see your owl.

Wait a minute I just noticed that might be a different owl?

#3440 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Yeah, changed it to something new. It's not a big deal, and I shouldn't complain! Just glad to be back online!

The new owl appears more confident just sayin'

#3455 3 years ago

, what is a gmail address used for in a smart phone?

It’s so it can push all your contacts from your g mail account which is more than just e mail at this point. It can sync everything or nothing depending on what you want. I usually tell it to do very little.

Back when I had Facebook I made the poor choice to sync with that and I had multiple birthday reminders EVERY DAY.

Honestly all you need to get your phone going is a credit card (for contract or prepay which ever you went with)

1 week later
    #3484 2 years ago

Man all the work I put into doing that poll, got it all ready to go, clicked save, and kept getting red error messages.
    That was bringing me down.
    Everything is working fine now!

I confess I voted for the last option that wasn’t even a toy.

3 weeks later
    #3569 2 years ago

Okay I’ll confess I don’t know how to do all that fancy multi-quoting some of you do and I know my way around a computer enough to be dangerous. I mostly visit pinside from my phone so that could make things more difficult.

#3571 2 years ago

Here’s something I learned from a good friend too regarding power outages. JohnnyPinball007 and the rest of my southern friends can ignore this cause it doesn’t concern you.

So when the power goes out for an extended period of time you can get a modest power inverter hooked up to your vehicle, run a long extension cord down to your utility room. You might have to drill a small hole in your HVAC to shortcut from your back or front hallway. From there bring that power cord to your furnaces single switch and splice in the wires going to your furnace. Now you have power to your blower motor and furnace computer. As long as you have gas coming in you can now heat your house with central heating. See why I said, friends in the south need not be concerned? Up here in MN the cold can mean life or death depending on the time of year and duration.

For this I would try to be at least 600W inverter and plug into your car battery directly not the smaller 400W you can get for $20 that plugs into your ash tray….if anyone still knows that’s what that 12V hole was originally for.

Also make sure your power to your furnace is off at the breaker in case power comes back on. Don’t be stupid. Wire up the proper side of the switch and understand the basic properties of power and extension cords of different gauges and lengths which have consequences based on the loads you subject them to.

#3572 2 years ago

Well I’ve never taken notice of that little pop up until now. It even works on the phone. Trying it here to see what happens. If things don’t fall apart in a couple seconds looks like I’ve got it figured out. So I can just do that for multiple people/posts and it carries on down to my draft?

#3573 2 years ago

Hmmm looks like it kinda worked kinda didn’t. But I’m making progress!

#3575 2 years ago

Oh I think I see what happened. Since I’m on my phone my phone only highlighted your text “quote” so that was a literal copy of your word quote not just the context. If that makes sense.

#3576 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Highlight the text you want to quote and tap the blue quote button that appears near it.

There that’s the full message

#3588 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i just went out to the kitchen to get the big scissors for a job and decided to take a piss while i was down that way.
    Holding my dick and the scissors at the same time made me feel unexplainably nervous.

That can only lead to an accident or a procedure.

#3589 2 years ago

Speaking of railroads and tall grass I remember one of my friends was visiting someone in the country who built their house next to old tracks.

Lot of prairie grass around the edge of the property where the tracks where.

When he was leaving he backed into the tall grass just a little and nobody knew about the manual throw switch for divided track or whatever which was sticking up in the grass.

Small crunch and now a hole in the top corner of the gas tank. This makes things tricky because everything still works except now you need to make sure the car in front of you doesn’t toss out a cig butt.

#3591 2 years ago

I confess it’s been 15 years since I’ve played one of these and I turned down one for $1500 years ago.

064B01A5-06C2-43DE-B765-B02320B923E4 (resized).jpeg064B01A5-06C2-43DE-B765-B02320B923E4 (resized).jpeg
    #3593 2 years ago

I confess I had too much sugar tonight so I’m wide awake.

I don’t keep sweets in the house for a reason but tonight I wasn’t home and there was angelfood cake and key lime pie where I was and felt it was my duty to keep attending to them.

#3603 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

If you don’t know what cosplay is, you’re missing out. Just Google “slave leia cosplay”, you’re welcome.

#3607 2 years ago

Ummmmm.....????[quoted image]

Every group has one.

#3612 2 years ago
    Quoted from brobra:

I confess that when ever my buddy JohnTTwo calls me to tells me what he’s about to pick up I’m my back yard, I get a little jealous....

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

(Says the guy who feels like he’s hearding cattle over here)

#3624 2 years ago

I confess I got bit by a mosquito yesterday.

That period of nice weather without bugs didn’t last long.

But at least it’s not snowing.

I’m sitting in the garage post-thunderstorm cooling off with some water hoping everyone is doing well.

#3626 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

I confess I drank some soda too late in the day, so I can't sleep and its 12:30 a.m. and I am browsing Pinside. I also confess I like to do this sometimes because I can get "caught up" on the Pinside threads I am following without as many new posts making me go right back to the thread I just read.

I didn’t have as much sugar as last Saturday but tonight I stopped for a watermelon Mountain Dew on my way home from work and had it about 6pm so that’s probably why I’m in the same boat.

#3628 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

It was Mountain Dew for me as well. How is the Watermelon, I haven't had it yet.

It’s really delicious. The person who kept recommending it says it tastes just like the watermelon jolly rancher. To me it tastes more sugary than regular Dew which I try not to have on a regular basis.

Some people say the 0 sugar variant is better which I kind of agree with.

They are coming out with one that’s supposed to taste like cake or something. I’ll try it out.

I generally stick to one cup of coffee in the morning and that’s it but I confess I’ve been breaking that rule a bit more than I should.

#3629 2 years ago

If you need a little help with sleep I use PureEncapsulations melatonin. Not all melatonin are created equal. This one is only a few mg but it works better than almost anything else. YMMV

#3633 2 years ago

I’ve heard stories of games on location with really dirty playfields. Coat of wax and poof, money dries up. Probably for similar reasons above

#3639 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess that I tried to upvote JohnnyPinball007 but accidentally hit the downvote button! I was mortified and removed it immediately.

There’s a setting on pinside to remove all visibility of downvotes including the ability to downvote. That’s what I did last year and never looked back

#3641 2 years ago

Oh I still see all the comments, but I just don’t see the downvote. So that -84 you see I just see 0.

I confess I think it would be cool to make a custom pop bumper with an LCD and you could sync it to your upvotes on pinside for the last 7 days.

Practical? Not at all.

#3646 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I confess that I find it oddly reassuring when Pinsiders use the same profile pic, year after year.

My avatar isn’t going anywhere….except when he is joined by his two other friends and then it’s back to the bottom of the tree for another free game.

DDBFBC60-FB58-4A67-B345-FF60039BE1B2 (resized).jpegDDBFBC60-FB58-4A67-B345-FF60039BE1B2 (resized).jpeg
    #3650 2 years ago

I confess I overlooked the last Dear Lloyd post and reminded me of a woman I dated who liked to cook too.

Yes it’s truly a blessing to have that in your life especially in the year 2021.

But it can also be a caloric curse (I’m coining that phrase now)

Your toilet is your friend. Hear me out. If you don’t have a food disposal system etc this might be your best shot. Eat smaller portions and flush the rest. Same goes if she’s trying to fatten you up by bringing sugary treats into the house. The garbage disposal going off constantly isn’t normal. If you flush a few times a day that’s fine. She brought cookies? Great! Eat one flush two. She’ll think you are enjoying everything and you aren’t fattening yourself up. Win win. You can’t just scrape your plate into the garage they’ll notice. Ever felt like you’ve been interrogated like a murder suspect as soon as a foreign hair shows up at your house?

Reminds me of another woman from not too long ago from 2014 and she still lived with her parents…it’s whatever. They always had something sitting out and open on the kitchen table like it was a car dealership waiting room. Oddly she wasn’t as big as her parents….not yet…hey I don’t judge on shapes and sizes it was the personality that eventually drove me away.

#3667 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I really wish there were a few subcategories for the game clubs, especially the ones that end up with 10k posts. Offhand I’d say we need:
    - gameplay (rules, tips, mechanical tweaks, brags)
    - problems (i.e. troubleshooting)
    - mods (make the game more expensive)
    - general (everything else)

I confess I have the club categories hidden. I still visit them but only when I want to look for something game specific. Helps keep the main view free of clutter.

#3676 2 years ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

Damn looks like something my girl neighbour uses.... And she is not making coffee

It’ll be the last thing she uses too if she keeps jackhammering her sidewalk to the point nobody will be able to walk on it again.

#3682 2 years ago

I confess I played my friends GOTG a few more times today and I still can’t get into it. Is there something wrong with me? Everyone else seems to gravitate towards it.

#3686 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Must refrain. Very hard to ignore this one.

Be glad you don’t have to deal with me every day like I do

#3689 2 years ago

I make close to the same joke a lot. I am self employed, and I hate my boss, he works the crap out of me.

The secret to happiness is not caring what others think about you. Provided you present yourself well and give respect to others. AND understand everyone has a different sense of humor. Which is good for understanding those who have a dry one and know when to bite your tongue when people take things too literally. (I’ve met some people I’d want to say “lighten up” but you can’t these days)

I’ve worked for a corporate company and a small business and won’t ever have a boss as good as him. For reasons I won’t mention due to pinside rules I don’t think I’d ever want to own my own business. My uncle has his own practice and his brother has his own painting business in WI and does alright but he can’t afford to hire more than a limited number of employees.

I’m fortunate to have a good manager in my current position but it’s a roll of the dice with a large company in many aspects.

#3690 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I gave myself another stern warning for slacking off last week. Bit worried if it keeps up i'll have to sack myself.

Hold up, you made an excuse to buy another Stern?

#3691 2 years ago

I do my part to help with crowds and traffic by staying away.

I confess I kind of miss the lack of crowds and traffic but I’m happy to see the you-know-what wrap up. It was nice getting a good parking spot at work.

Actually I have a good reason to be happy traffic is back. No more asshats pulling 90mph weaving in and out of the right and middle lane where you least expect them.

#3692 2 years ago

I also confess I hope JohnnyPinball007 has room for his HoH when he comes up to visit us in MN.

#3708 2 years ago

I shave my face in the shower, with my eyes closed, using only feel to make sure I don’t miss anything...the steam really softens the bristles!

I confess I thought I was the only one who did that.

Then I get in the truck and drive to work and feel a small spot I always miss just below my left ear, about 1/4 of the time. I’m usually able to pull them out with my hand via frustration if they are long enough.

It wouldn’t be so bad if it was in a spot my mask would cover.

#3710 2 years ago

I confess I get a smile on my face when I see one of my posts with an upvote and I see it’s Johnnypinball who is the one that upvoted me!

He has a great positive attitude which is contagious. There’s a few others who are avid upvoters too. I try to be one too when time allows. It’s nice to have the positivity around here especially when there’s always a headache thread about something pinball.

#3715 2 years ago

I think that's the first time I've seen someone atted 4 times in a paragraph.

#3740 2 years ago

If I remember correctly a lot of games, if not all in the last 25 years or so, should be able to go up to 10 balls. I honestly don’t know since I am on 3 for my newer machines.

When I had my first game I confess I was on 5 for awhile.

When you get better you’ll go back to 3.

I put a high score up on my friends Playboy with 996,000 or something which is great because you need big bonus to get that close and your odds of rolling it over are high so it won’t recognize anything over a million. Although I also have a couple 1M plus games.

He then changed it from 3 to 5 balls so he could beat it.

I confess I’m jealous he has that game. It played perfectly before he got a CPR playfield in it and it plays even better with it installed. Even if it was a different theme it’s still a great playfield.

#3743 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I had signs up and gave out flyers for John's tournament.

I have a “post summary/ thank you letter” flyer laying around from one of his first events I think it was late 1990s he gave a pinball machine away for first place and the coin drop (or funds raised) was like $666 on the dot or something. I’ll try to dig it out tonight. I don’t think it attracted any national players since it was new. I don’t recall any of the names. I recall (from stories) the turn out wasn’t what he expected and became discouraged but glad he stuck to it (obviously) and that it grew into the 2000’s

Last summer John and I wanted to prepare some sort of event at my house for the locals but then weeks later covid became a thing. Now my house is too much of a disaster to have gatherings of more than a handful of people.

#3746 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I heard he was responsible for PAPA considering time limits on games.

He was also responsible for the idea of hitting both flippers to see the scores after a game. He pitched this idea to whoever was able to get it integrated into a pinball.

#3747 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

A shame that didn't happen.

It will happen eventually, just not sure when but probably not for awhile. He wants to do something along the lines of a customer appreciation etc but he has so many customers I don't think they'd all fit here! I think he has an anniversary for his business too coming up. Ideally something in the fall or spring maybe coincide before or after another pinball event. Cooler weather is probably best when you have a lot of space heaters (pinballs AND people) in a small area. Can you imagine trying to have the AC keep up with something like that today?

I confess I'd worry a little about the carpet getting dirty or something getting spilled on something. But then I remind myself, in 20 years do I want to look down on flawless pristine carpet or take a little risk and look back on a good memory. Plus there is plenty of stuff that gets things out of carpet.

Quoted from LTG:

Through the years had I believe he had three different store fronts selling machines. And home repairs.

I was going to say 2 but then you reminded me of that place by downtown off Payne Ave. Though technically it wasn't a place that was "open" with hours. It was mostly restorations and repairs. I'm sure a few games were sold out of there by appointment.

(since I'm guessing LTG and I are the only two in this thread in MN)
    His first place was really close to the MN state fairgrounds. For those of you who don't know, it's much larger than any state or county fair in the country. One year he told me he lifted a cabinet onto the roof of his business (1 level flat roof) during the fair to see if he could attract more customers. Overall it didn't make much of a difference. More sales were made for parking lot spaces. People were either too excited to get to the fair, or too excited to get home after being on their feet all day. I think it was either a Mrs. Pac or a Gorgar but it was just a beat up shell of a game.

His second place was in South Saint Paul which was previously a site for Culligan. Not sure if they are national or not but they treat water for commercial and residential use. So it had really tall garage doors for their trucks. To finish off the building he had the garage doors removed and walled in so there were only 3 standard sized doors. Of course this construction had to take place the same week he bought a Disks of Tron environmental. Getting it in was easy. Don't want to talk about getting it out.

Home repairs are still going to this day out of his studio at his house. Home service calls are still a thing too, though some customers come from far out of state with their game for him to work on.

A lot of people don't know he worked for Big Al very early on. Even though they had competing businesses later on they always got along. For those of you who don't know, Big Al was considered THE seller of pinball machines going back to the 80's LTG any idea when he started? There were a couple other sellers who did some retail here and there. But Al probably moved more volume than most in the country for a very long time.

Quoted from LTG:

He made the ramp shot on Theatre of Magic for 45 minutes straight

A lot of weird things can happen in pinball and it always seems to follow John. Back when DavidLee and I were streaming a lot* I think we captured a few good ball saves from John. I think one tournament at Expo he shook a Corvette (I think) for the better part of 30 seconds to get a ball out of the outlane and literally had the ball moving upward out of the outlane.

*hopefully this fall we'll start streaming again. We just kind of got out of it and lost motivation with spring weather. John looking forward to more streams too.

Since this is the confessional thread I should probably confess I may spend more time at JR's than with my family haha.

Found a couple pictures from South Saint Paul location. I think I see the Sharpe brothers and PEM on Diner. It looks like this picture was taken at 6:50pm and that's me with my head blocking part of the clock. I think my lady took that picture. Her mom gave me that sweater for Christmas I'm wearing and I remember hating having to wear it.

I confess how happy I was when it got a grease stain on it I couldn't get out.

showroom1 (resized).jpgshowroom1 (resized).jpgshowroom3 (resized).jpgshowroom3 (resized).jpgshowroom5 (resized).jpgshowroom5 (resized).jpg
    #3748 2 years ago

JohnnyPinball007 only you would upvote my post 1 minute after I posted it. It probably takes 5 minutes to read. How did you know we wern't saying stuff about you in there.

#3749 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Ran tournaments

Here we go! Looks like it was 666 quarters not dollars so I stand corrected there.

This is a copy. I was not a participant.

F8595F28-CF6E-405E-8DD8-7D169DE4F52A (resized).jpegF8595F28-CF6E-405E-8DD8-7D169DE4F52A (resized).jpeg
    #3752 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

He could consider using my place

I’ll let him know. I’d like to have my Knock Out up and running by then too. Heck you could keep it for awhile so everyone can make sure it’s fun. Normally I’m good at getting score motors to stop when I first get EM’s but this one has me…well spinning.

Quoted from LTG:

Not sure when he started. He was going strong in 1999 when Williams closed.

I only know of rumors that he sold EMs but if I were to guess I’d say early 80s

I’ll bet brobra would know he has some cool stuff from Al’s warehouse in his basement.

#3753 2 years ago

I confess I'm getting a little freaked out. (remember how I said weird things happen in pinball?)

This weekend I picked up a GTB Baseball from a local guy who was not only a CocaCola employee but a CocaCola fanatic. His entire basement was dedicated to the product. There were a few exceptions such as his pinball, maybe a treadmill and a couple other things.

So this is my second time owning a GTB Baseball.

My first time owning one was probably close to 18 years ago and I imagined I owned it for about 1 year. I didn't have a lot of pictures because digital cameras were rare and expensive and so was memory back then. But check out this picture I took of the backbox when I sold it many years ago. Don't look at the game, but look what's hanging on the wall to the right. This isn't the same machine but that isn't the point here.

Picture 006 (resized).jpgPicture 006 (resized).jpg
    #3767 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You can search https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl by abbreviation.

AKA; WTF is a TLA

#3780 2 years ago

Sorry I’m late with the birthday wishes Johnny hopefully you are having fun!

#3785 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I confess that I spend more on beer a week than food.

What kind of beer are we talking? Some can be well over $5 per bottle.

#3793 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

That’s seriously funny! I confess that I would rather be kicked in the nuts than raise another child.

I confess that didn’t even make me flinch.

#3816 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That whole area is gone now. A real shame.

Things are changing a lot faster up there now. Northeast downtown is going to have a different view in about 4 years….

When you roll into town a lot of the bridges are being reworked. Some of them need it.

A lot of the roads are dug up right now which makes it a fun game of getting from point A to B. Probably a lot of what is under the streets is ancient by now.

61FC572D-267B-4A6B-9358-48AF84283EB3 (resized).jpeg61FC572D-267B-4A6B-9358-48AF84283EB3 (resized).jpeg
    #3822 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

What’s the bravest thing you ever did?

I don’t live a very exciting life but when I was younger going diving I, for whatever reason, was feeling ambitious and wanted to go for my advanced open water certification. One of the requirements was that you have to lead 3 dives or something like that.

My second one was this. It wasn’t a hug around the shoreline but several hundred yards away from shore….at night. I’m not sure if the night thing was a requirement or if the instructor wanted to throw that at me for his amusement. Group of 20 of us. Most were neutral about going out at night, a few were barely talked into going including this one girl. About halfway through and 80 feet down that one girl gets a leaky tank/line and of course starts to panic.

The observing/REAL instructor tells me they will carry on with the rest of the group and if I can get her back to shore myself I automatically pass. This is all communicated over one of those etch a sketch type things with a stylus instead of knobs.

The hard part for both of us was keeping her from popping up to the surface since you can’t just do that from 80 feet of water. For as long as we had been down there it was a 10 minute process. She thought she’d run out of her air as well mine but I knew it wouldn’t be close we’d be fine.

So 10 minutes later we’re up. Great, now to swim back to shore the same way we swam out. No fancy boats for us. Oh yeah did I mention storms have moved in and it’s raining hard? I’m on the other side of the world so I don’t recognize anything on shore. We did leave a flashing caveman lamp on the dashboard of one of the vans. That would have been easy if the rest of the shoreline wasn’t flashing along with rain all over the place.

Well obviously I did eventually find our way back because I’m still here and I passed. I think I was 17 at the time.

#3828 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Then the roller coaster to fall begins.

Out with the frogs in with the crickets after the sun goes down. Usually right on time with the state fair and the sweaters.

#3849 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess that taco bell is the only fast food place that I will eat food from. I've never had anything from mcdonalds, burger king, etc.

SAME! I know it’s not any more healthy but for me the food seems a lot “cleaner” than other places. I don’t discriminate though I’ll eat anywhere….I’ve heard taco John’s is problematic though.

#3863 2 years ago

That thing has the same door hinges as my shower door.

#3875 2 years ago
    Quoted from brobra:

[quoted image]

That’s me when I don’t eat all day then stuff myself at;

C468F2AE-10E3-42F7-8C12-0C5149066BC0 (resized).jpegC468F2AE-10E3-42F7-8C12-0C5149066BC0 (resized).jpeg
    #3891 2 years ago

Talk about stupid criminals when Bitcoin is at an all time low. They should demand plywood or something.

#3896 2 years ago

I confess one thing I like about this thread is you can enter this thread each day and see things turn a different direction.

I also confess it seems so silly that with all this technology we’re still dealing with scams like this.

The good news is my cars warranty has been extended until the year 2078 and I have free hotel stays in 9 different countries next month. Guess I’ll be best driving rather than flying there.

#3900 2 years ago

They just hacked into my computer and said if I do not pay them 50 grand they are going to make me watch a bunch of LTG stuff. (just joking).

You should be able to find plenty of good LTG content on pinball news. Just look for LTG show from previous expos.

#3910 2 years ago

I was just also looking at motels close to LTG, tons of lakes in the area, but so far I do not see any on a lake.

You’d think there would be tons of them around since we have so many lakes. Closest thing I could find was a place for $330 a night on lake Minnetonka and you have to cross a street. After that who knows if water access is going to be more of a beach.

By my house there are a lot of small lakes the locals fish from, but none that are immediately next to a hotel.

Once you get out of the cities, what you have imaged in your head is a lot more realistic. Hotels, campgrounds and resorts all backed up to a lake with a shack that serves beer. I even know which ones have pinball in them. Lots of TAF and FT around here.

Just call ahead before you come to MN and I’ll throw some goldfish into the water feature/ fountain outside of the hotel lobby.

#3914 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Prescott ✌️

I will be your first guest when you open your upstairs hotel.

#3915 2 years ago

I confess I’m behind on pinside PMs

Need to charge the laptop up so I can respond to them appropriately. I normally visit pinside on my phone.

#3921 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

lol...you do now.........

Yep same here.

Snowyowl is going to regret that and have more PMs than any of us now haha.

#3931 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

The thing I remember most about those 70’s EMs when I was a kid was the bold fluorescent colors. And the score reels, of course. I just had a great game on Jungle Queen, 157k. I confess that I feel sorry for anyone who can’t enjoy playing a well-tuned EM.

These are my 3 favorites wedgeheads at the moment. I’m excited for Target Pool repro glass to come out in the next couple years.

62F7B915-ACEF-481D-93A5-146FD019D287 (resized).jpeg62F7B915-ACEF-481D-93A5-146FD019D287 (resized).jpeg
    #3934 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Yeah,thats it EJS. It's comforting to look at, pleasant to the eyes and spirit. I keep 4 EM in my bedroom, this is going to sound crazy but it helps me sleep. Just looking at the things before you nod out, first thing you see waking up.
    Then there is the smell. In summer they emit a nostalgic smell even with the air conditioner freezing you out.
    To be honest ownership, restoration, visual appeal and smell is why I love these things.
    Still enjoy playing them too.
    Sorry but a little disgruntled at the newest examples.

If I could bottle smells I’d send you a sample of my Vulcan and Card Whiz. They have those GTB EM smells the most. Vulcan big time in the backbox. Especially after it’s been on for a few hours. I could do “lines of air” off the back panel.

I confess I might have a problem.

I’m too lazy to post a picture standing further back but to the left is Tropic Isle. Gameplay totally boring but I love the theme and very relaxing to look at in the winter when it’s cold. After that going left is buccaneer and then egghead.

I confess I also have a hard time getting excited for new titles. I want all the MFGs to have success and keep making hits because they all do. But I don’t get around to playing them until they’re a couple years old for whatever reason.

Cumulatively I’ve spent WAYYYY more time fixing and looking at pins than playing them. I’m not really all that good but I don’t care. I love looking at a game I just worked on that others can enjoy.

#3943 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

LOL says the guys who won the pinball tourney , how does that make a mortal like me feel ha ha ha I suck!!!

Hey I didn’t get ANY practice it could have been anyone’s game since it was new we didn’t know how it was going to play. I thought Mr. P was going to win.

#3950 2 years ago

It is just crazy how so many people does the same thing at the same time.

I live close to a lot of major roads that leas throughout the cities, down to Rochester, up north to Duluth, and closest, east to WI and Chicago.

Yesterday around 3 I was just driving perpendicular to 94 east into WI and it looked like the apocalypse with inner tubes and coolers. Lot of boats but what I noticed more this year was more trailered riding lawn mowers.

To me I think that’s silly. Work all week and then go up to your cabin and do some more yard work when the point of cabins are to be to get away and relax

#3954 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I always wondered about that. Many years ago it was go up to the cabin Memorial weekend and open it up and get everything cleaned and fixed. Go up Labor Day weekend and shut it all down.

I think it's still that way today. My coworker is in Rogers and I'm glad because any work that needs to get done up 94 is perfect for him. I don't have to sit in traffic and neither does he. EXCEPT on Friday afternoons Memorial Day - Labor Day. Anyone who calls us then wanting us to come I just laugh at. They know MN as well as we do.

I live in the small house on our block and everyone else has all the pull behind gizmos including boats. Thursday night they are parked on the streets or backed into their driveways to get ready for the weekend. You can tell who is going to be home that weekend and who isn't. If I need to be by the water I just tell JohnTTwo how to fix something and it's a fair trade (I hope).

Sunday night comes and they're all exhausted and burnt out. It's kind of nice having the neighborhood to myself on the summer weekends. There's a few others who do the same but most are out of town or on some sort of vacation.

I find my happiness/ decompression in other things and in smaller ways. I don't need to get on the road or on a plane to do that.

#3958 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I see my father’s face, not my own. But I know that getting old beats the alternative.

I confess I’ve been seeing the same thing. Well, I have more hair…nay….I HAVE hair.

Actually I can hear it in my own voice that I sound like him.

Fortunately my father was able to beat the alternative. Some of my other family members haven’t been so lucky.

#3962 2 years ago

If I ever end up in jail, it will be from something real stupid, like keeping some fish that I am not supposed to have, that I never knew there was some law about that crap.

I confess when I read that the first time i thought the last word was carp.

#3972 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Learnt the hard way!

Keep going……

(hopefully it was good for a laugh and no serious harm done)

#3974 2 years ago

I confess I finally got around to reading all the posts on page 1 of this thread.

It’s sad to see so many are no longer active but I understand this forum is a supplement to the hobby and most people are more normal than us. Yikes even 1 person blocked. But someone who said they never had a machine finally got around to getting a collection so that’s nice to see.

#3984 2 years ago

I confess I’ve been overlooking Arena for how great of a game it is. The sound of the drop targets are probably one of the best sounds from that era.

#3988 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I don't wish him anything bad. I hope he figured something out and did okay.

Sounds to me like you did him a favor. Even the small get togethers with a few pinballs can result in a days worth of repairs after the fact cause something worked it’s way loose.

Quoted from LTG:

I told him Jillians at the Mall of America with huge video games, redemption games, food, bowling, and a bar, was well over a million to set it up.

I remember they had two pinball machines there. Walk in the main entrance and back towards 10:00 was where they were. I have few memories from that long ago but yet somehow that one stuck. They had an episode 1 and one other game for pins. I can’t remember that place being open for more than a few years.

#3989 2 years ago

I confess I’m not impressed with my ISP.

At first my post didn’t make it then it detects a double post. I don’t think that was Pinside’s fault.

6418AB8C-BB56-4C4B-84AD-27DC80018B7C (resized).png6418AB8C-BB56-4C4B-84AD-27DC80018B7C (resized).png
    #3992 2 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

Too many people with too many different ideas trying to “work together”.

The stuff I work on for a living has the capability to talk to a device of a different kind. When things don’t go right it’s…”here we go again” with the finger pointing. Sometimes it’s our fault sometimes it’s not. We just work on the stuff too I’m not a software developer and neither are they (being the other guy in the room with me usually)

The day everything works right will be the real surprise.

I suspect it’s usually caused by a huge traffic jam going through some port that wasn’t designed to handle what it’s now being asked and there are too many communication styles for everything to work the way it should. But apparently someone thought so.

#3996 2 years ago

Littlejohnny is available

#4003 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBJB:

I confess that every night before bed, I peek from the kitchen into the garage to make sure the garage door is closed, and sometimes I have to close it.

There’s an app for that….

Actually even some newer models WITHOUT the app they have a TTC function (time to close) that you can set anywhere between 1-99 minutes. Screenshot of my app below. For redundancy I have it programmed to close at 11pm regardless. On top of that I have track locks installed. I’m not paranoid, my buddy does garage doors for a living so he gave me all the fixings. Met him through pinball actually.

I confess I usually want to run across the street to my neighbors house to close their garage door for them cause often they leave it open late at night and also overnight. They moved to the city from the country and are very trusting people. I hope that trust doesn’t become soiled.

A651564D-24EB-4681-AF53-1E3EEB1C9EC7 (resized).pngA651564D-24EB-4681-AF53-1E3EEB1C9EC7 (resized).png
    #4007 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I gotta confess I had the garage door app and my paranoia made me get rid of it. I was always afraid I would accidentally open it and not realize it was open.

I was worried about this too. There are a few failsafes for this including you need to deliberately double tap the icon in a certain way or it won’t work. But yeah sometimes too much technology can mean vulnerability which is why I still have the locks and such remain unconnected.

#4008 2 years ago

I confess my Sunday night treat (medium cone at DQ) took another price jump from $2.53 to $2.76 as of tonight from a week ago. Prices vary from location to location but the one by my house I use to baseline my economic pulse.

My greater confession was I was going to mention this in some of the pinball price threads since the conversation was kind of going that way but don’t want to derail the topic too much so I’ll keep it here since this thread is more open swim.

#4009 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

So she no longer had access to windows when I wasn't home.

This reminds me of the dogs who like to hang out of the car. I always worry they’ll see something they want to go after and leap out. When I had my dog I let her get most of her neck out of the window but that was it. She was very trustworthy and loyal but all it takes is another dog or squirrel and it’s like they have a wild hair up their butt.

#4011 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Those bastards !

I confess I think they knew it was me ordering cause they know I’ll pay so they raised the price.

#4016 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Noted in case I ever sell you a pinball machine.

If it has a soft serve tap handle I’m all in.

#4017 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

And I confess that I’m happy this thread hasn’t been moved to the basement yet.

As am I. Technically it started out as completely on topic with people confessing pinball stuff but clearly it derailed even on the first page.

If anything it could go OT.

I confess I just assume most people have drained this thread by now or completely ignore it. We have what, maybe 10-12 regulars here?

#4021 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

How many irregulars here ?

The image of people shifting their eyes ala Who Dunnit? just popped into my head.

I confess I didn’t realize until now Pinside has a participant count. So well over 500 irregulars.

#4022 2 years ago

I’ll also confess the title of this thread reminds me of one event where (I think it was) Steve Ritchie dressed up as a priest and sitting inside a Stern carton taking peoples confessions. Was that at an Expo or TPF or something?

#4024 2 years ago

Another confession I’m really impressed at the truth bombs LTG is dropping over in that thread about that guys parents separating. 3rd post in if you haven’t had a chance to read it. For some people it takes a lifetime to gain those lessons and I confess I see some people might not want to hear some sobering truths. It’s like….do you want to hear what you WANT to hear -or- what needs to be heard. I confess I should probably avoid posting in that thread anymore. Almost bit my tongue off reading more of the responses. Going to leave it alone.

#4028 2 years ago

Yikes…I confess Pinside seems a little more edgy than it usually is. People seem to be getting more aggressive with the downvotes, more finger pointing with buyers and sellers, people thinking poorly about each other. I mean yes there are some issues that need to be addressed but some of the approaches could be handled better. I just like to see more positivity and I’m happy (wrong thread I know) there is plenty of that here in MN and hope I can continue to bring more people together in pinball.

At least we’re safe in the off topic subforum. Better fire up the happy thread soon.

Crap I confess I had no idea it’s after midnight. Long day today and early meetings tomorrow morning. Hopefully some good funny captions to wake up to tomorrow.

#4035 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

For me it's simple. Add them to my list of people who don't need help, and move on.

I confess that got me to laugh pretty good.

I haven’t seen a number of twin cities pinball people in awhile but when I do we usually make comments like “can you imagine if X/Y/Z (whatever we were talking about) got posted on Pinside? They’d tear you apart”

That was then. Imagine now.

I like helping people even if it means little to nothing in return. Appreciation goes a long way with me. A few local pinheads and I trade services instead and everyone is happy. We both value that more than money.

There’s always two sides of a story…maybe 3 or more.

I can probably count on one hand the number of business issues I’ve had in pinball and they’ve all worked themselves out and I didn’t need to rant and rave online to get it resolved. Worst one was for some rare ICs for those WMS driver boards. Almost 3 months had to threaten charge back. Next thing you know I have tracking info. They weren’t any well known seller.

Speaking of buying parts I confess I’m really anxious to receive my Atlantis backglass from Ron Webb. It should be here any day now. I’m even more excited for Target Pool cause the pool table area on mine is flaking really bad. I confess I could buy every glass he offers but I don’t want to hoard if I don’t have a game to put it in. Plus I don’t have the money….forgot about that.

#4036 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I've noticed that too. Especially from new people.

I wonder why that is?

“Hi I’m John Doe I’m new to pinball and I’m mad as hell”

What a great way to enter a community eh?

I sometimes think of it like those 1 star reviews. It’s the people you’d otherwise never hear about unless there’s a grievance. What’s the saying in IT department? It’s like you don’t exist until something goes wrong.

Anyway maybe it’s a younger generational thing? I wonder if it’s safe to assume these are younger people getting into pinball? Obviously that doesn’t apply to everyone but if the odds are right….

#4041 2 years ago

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

It’s been a fair week for me however I confess I’m not looking forward to working early again tomorrow.

#4043 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I have to get up by 10am.
    LTG : (

Perfect timing I’ll be getting done around that time

#4045 2 years ago

I confess after seeing brobra at SS billiards I drank my morning coffee out of this today.

I also confess I have a bad habit of leaving dirty coffee mugs in the garage because I always drink my coffee while I’m driving on the week days.

D0992A35-DA2B-4DA3-B8F9-45BC4AFFA817 (resized).jpegD0992A35-DA2B-4DA3-B8F9-45BC4AFFA817 (resized).jpeg
    #4053 2 years ago

Confess I was never late or absent in 12 years of school.

I don’t think I was late either. Senior year in high school for me was fun. I was the only guy who showed up to prom walking across the stage with two girls. Got a standing ovation from the parents. Nobody had a clue I was part of a group of friends and we came up with an odd number somehow. I was dating someone else from a different school district anyway. Ironically she was someone I had a crush on in 4th grade. Since college she blew up like a busted pillsbury biscuit can, so no loss there. Who knows.

What was even cooler about senior year is I had first hour release where you just don’t show up for the first hour, then the last two I was on the work release program. I didn’t need the money that badly but I wanted to start saving for college early since I didn’t have anything saved up yet. So the trouble kids always saw me walking in late and accepted me into their circle not like I gave a crap. Few hours later I was gone to work. Even the teacher in the last class I had let me out even earlier. Got to skip the school cafeteria and upgrade (in my opinion) to fast food on the way to work. It was fun walking in and out of there when nobody else was. I think the teachers were even pissed I was doing it and it was all legit.

I confess I can still taste the meat they cooked in the cafeteria. One older lady in the cafeteria made carrot cake with spiced frosting I swear that was the only good thing to come out of there. She’d always give me an extra cause I complimented it so much.

One time there was a kid who brought his backpack in line and when nobody was looking started filling up his bag with sports drinks and soda to try to sneak out with them. One day I got behind him in line. When he was next in line to pay I quickly unzipped the bag all the way and things went flying everywhere. I’m like….your zipper must have broke. Never saw the kid again.

Some things about school I miss, lot of things I don’t.

I confess this might be one of the best threads on pinside.

#4054 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Down side was I couldn't have a locker, they were assigned by home room.

Senior year I had a locker, I think they were assigned by floor by grade. 9th grade was 3rd floor. 10th grade was 2nd floor. 11th and 12th grade was 1st floor and you could carry over same locker from 11 to 12 if you wish. I had a locker by the stairs, prime location so I chose to carry over to rub it in.

But not the fact that I frequented it. I put the padlock on the first day of school senior year, it never came off until the last day which drove people crazy. Since it was a short walk inside cause I drove there, I never dressed warm enough to be forced to store my jacket etc inside the locker. I didn’t take enough classes for it it be worth keeping anything in there.

I confess I wonder what school is like today with all this technology.

#4057 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I've found the more they gussy it up the easier it is to get around it.

This reminds me of a company from Canada that had a circuit module in one of our technology classes. We are talking basic stuff like resistance and lining things up in series and parallel. It connected to the windows computer. There were shunts you would add in the board and while it probably wasn’t real it would take the place of a predetermined value or component and by shorting it could figure out if you were right or wrong.

Things progressed harder through the module, then came transistor, ICs and pots. Testing things with a basic DMM went to oscilloscopes.

The thing that got us really hung up was math questions throughout and the translation.

So if you added 5.5 and 4.5 you’d be wrong for answering 10 it had to be 10.0 but it never told you that. There was other strange stuff you could add 5.50 and 4.50 and then a 3rd number and you could throw a bunch of 0s in but your answer damn well better have whatever significant figures it felt like that day. In that case only 10.00 was right.

Don’t pass the module don’t pass the class

Then out of frustration someone discovered the magic of the insert key….yes as seen on your keyboard.

It was the failsafe to force the correct answer that nobody was supposed to know about. Hours turned to minutes and all of a sudden we all looked like geniuses with an A and half the class period to screw around.

Thanks technology.

#4068 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

School confession, the school had me in all the remedial classes, I have dyslexia so I was labeled as the dumb kid. I was lazy and loved those classes easy grades no homework either. I would have won least likely to succeed if they had that award, I just laugh at the the so called smart kids now

No kidding. If I ever want to serve people coffee I’ll have to go back to school for a masters in underwear basket weaving.

#4072 2 years ago

What in the hell is all that?

I like at the end how he says it’s supposed to simplify the teachers life. Yeah thanks a lot at the expense of the students. Good luck finding a computer that’s still compatible with that too I think windows 98 up to XP was supported.

#4080 2 years ago

but there are others.

How many girlfriends does little Johnny have

I confess that’s one of my favorite emojis on pinside

#4086 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

The best way to get rid of an ingrown nail, is to score the nail away from where it’s ingrown. The nail will start pulling towards the score. I went to a podiatrist once, now I just do it myself.

I had this same problem many years ago. Giving up after months of cotton swabs under the nail to redirect it they clipped it all the way to the root and then dropped some sort of chemical to kill the root. Now my toes are invincible.

Solving medial problems right here on the confessional.

#4088 2 years ago

I confess I should be putting my captain fantastic playfield back together but instead just starting my 3rd movie for today. Alien. It’s been so long I completely forgot the plot so it’s like watching it for the first time.

I confess I never cared to watch all those conglomerate movies or whatever you want to call them. I like the originals. I’ll watch Alien, I’ll watch the Predator but I’ll pay $5 to NOT watch Alien vs Predator.

#4093 2 years ago

I confess I sometimes triple thick old dirt into my back glasses. To me it’s better than risking pulling up the art before clearing. Besides I rather scrape the windows than mask them off, again, otherwise risking art removal.

B5554FF0-A1D8-4383-8775-1C57044302D5 (resized).jpegB5554FF0-A1D8-4383-8775-1C57044302D5 (resized).jpeg
    #4094 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I have a computer that still runs on XP

Keep it as long as you can. Do you still have the image disks? Maybe you can reload to speed things up or maybe things are slow by today’s standards.

Actually, a lot of systems out there still run on XP. Arguably one of Microsoft’s best version of windows.

#4096 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

It's not the computer. It's the pinball
    [quoted image]

I confess I miss playing that game. I remember you could get the ball to exit the popper up by the 3 pops and if your lucky it would triangle around and go back in. Could loop for several times.

That game is more complex than it first appears too.

It would be cool for someone to home brew that game. Flipper bats are disproportionately long if I recall

#4098 2 years ago

someone in charge will start a thread dedicated to toes

Maybe not toes but apparently there is much demand for all things feet out on the internet.

Anyway I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

I’m looking forward to this week. Have lots to do at work and at home but it’s a 3 day work week for me. I like staying busy. Hope you all have a good week too.

Confess I am curious, and thinking about Googling how many people go missing each year in the Hopkins, MN area, and is there a pattern

Hopkins is actually a really nice area (all joking aside). Close to a lot great things. I can’t see people go missing in any pool halls maybe for no more than 10 hours a day. I confess I actually used to live in Hopkins when I bought my first pinball machine. Still have the receipt. Ironically I had no idea LTG existed then. Course the internet didn’t exist then so it was hard to find each other back then. pinballplusMN and I always talk about stopping in to visit LTG along with brobra and DavidLee but we’re all hardly on the same schedules with the exception of a matter of hours.

#4106 2 years ago

I confess I feel like I might be turning into JohnnyPinball007 the more and more I type.

I also confess I probably work more than I should but I like to take care of all my customers in a timely manner even though it's physically impossible to do and I've let that get the best of me (my health). I've worked just over 13 hours today already but at least the rest of my day I can finish here at home. I confess I got a free dinner tonight, could've gone anywhere but choose McDonald's

I confess I'm also impressed by the effort put in today by a travelling Comcast guy. He almost slipped his business card all the way through the crack in my front door. Perhaps this means I need new weather treatments?

Quoted from LTG:

I get invited to get togethers, but they are usually the same hours I'm open.

I confess I didn't deliberately leave you out of any invites as I know your hours and know that you likely wouldn't be able to make it. But the door is open. I didn't plan for the group to get as large as it's gotten. I wanted to cap off on a few families as that's how the gatherings have been over the last winter. Keeping things small and simple. In some ways it might stay that way some times, other times get larger groups together.

I confess my favorite part about doing pinball get togethers is to see the people who have not met each other before become friends. One of pinballplusMN customer's asked if he could bring a friend last October who has a few games himself. I said of course! Since then he's been able to make most of them and has become even more involved. I confess I know not everyone is on the best of terms right now and hopefully someday that will change for the better but it's something I want to keep my nose out of cause I refuse to take sides. On a lighter note it's good to see a lot of the people we see bring their wives with so it's nice to see their support in the hobby.

Quoted from LTG:

Your group should plan an early morning get together here.

I like this idea. This weekend will be our first time attempting a 2 site gathering in one day so we'll see how it goes. Actually a community center with 4 pins as a backup 3rd location. If that goes well I think we could try for that again and I know we have at least 1 attendee on the west side so that would coordinate well with SS billiards.

One thing that didn't work was competitive play so that's out.

I confess I'm not looking forward to the next 18 months with road construction on I94 in St. Paul etc.

Quoted from LTG:

private mini Goose

I confess this name is awesome! If/when this is done, though probably not cost effective (?) mugs should be done. It could be a mini goose dressed up in a trench coat with a magnifying glass like a private eye or something. I don't know. I was going to suggest mini mugs but I refuse to cut my 10oz coffee short. We could even fly little johnny in too.

I confess last time I went to see brobra couple months ago I left my phone at home which contains my insurance info so by the time I realized that was left home, and the fact I left my phone at home, had to head back and call it a night early. Life has been so busy since then.

I thought the goose got up at 10

I confess this might be one of my longer posts on pinside. I thought I had more to confess but I see so many green blocks I need to catch up on (pinside threads I follow but haven't looked at yet)

#4108 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'd be around early for your group.

That's an extremely generous offer LTG thank you! I know you put in a lot of hours in there so extending your day to something like that says something.

I also confess I don't think I'd ever want to run a business. LTG aside I can think of at least 4 others who have unique trades and are constantly managing everything being in business for themselves. Some have 1 or 2 workers which turned out to be a trial and error which can be a big risk. My friend who does garage doors finally found a good worker for his business and hopes to hire a second.

Okay I remember one confessional that I forgot. I bought a piece of cookware when I was hungry to properly cook something frozen. I think the frozen thing was like $5 and the cookware was $40. Although I can at least reuse the cookware I just laughed at myself after the order while preparing something else. I confess I'd rather (just about anything) than cook.

#4109 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You are making JohnnyPinball007 jealous.

I think his posts have more personality and are more exciting. Looking at my old family photos it wouldn't surprise me if we were related. It also sounds like my family is moving really close to where JohnnyPinball007 lives and works......something is going on.....

#4112 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

But people remember your long toe while reading your posts and that provides entertainment in itself.
    You could post gibberish, and people would be entertained.

I confess I am now curious to know how much I could make selling feet pictures.

#4113 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I miss having a kitchen and being able to cook.
    I'm limited to what I can do at work.

I confess my microwave gets used more than anything. My job is too ADD to actually sit down and plan a meal etc. the grill is second in line.

#4120 2 years ago

I confess I should go buy some popcorn tonight. Not only for this thread but for what could unfold Saturday.

I confess I want to finish Captain Fantastic for Saturday but I don’t want to rush it. It’s going to be close.

I confess I’ll need to get regular keyboard in front of me to respond to little Johnny.

#4121 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

and easy clean up.

I’ll have DavidLee bring his carpet cleaner just in case.

#4123 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

How hairy are you ?

Not as much as I used to be.

#4125 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Maybe Davidlee could just bring his roomba then.

Way ahead of you

4216E81B-082D-435B-8D4F-2B3028D35263 (resized).jpeg4216E81B-082D-435B-8D4F-2B3028D35263 (resized).jpeg
    #4128 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

newer Braava type

I have the older model and confess I’ve only used it once. The Bluetooth connection wasn’t very reliable.

#4161 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I haven't been this excited to go over to friends house since I was 15 years old, and a girl was involved back then.

I confess I’m happy to sit down for the first time in 10 hours after running around keeping on top of things. Only one coil pulling in on WWW. Won’t know until tomorrow since other games are blocking my ability to take the glass off.

Thanks for bringing the extra fans by. Turns out I have a great HVAC system but best to push air to other rooms where it’s needed more.

#4162 2 years ago

I also confess I had really dirty carpet yesterday. How embarrassing. Small room too.

560386C6-31A3-42D0-B0A4-240BD57E6B7C (resized).jpeg560386C6-31A3-42D0-B0A4-240BD57E6B7C (resized).jpeg
    #4163 2 years ago

Earlier today before things got crazy. I think volume on AC/DC is maxed out right now.

#4167 2 years ago

I confess cancer for me is a matter of when, not if, especially with my family history. Get yourself checked early and often.

#4171 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I have a young female doctor now, and she’s great, but she doesn’t check my prostate or testicles, and I’m afraid to ask. I think I need to find an old male doctor for this next phase of my life. Someone who makes bad jokes while he’s checking my nuts for lumps.

Pride and shame will get you killed. Just ask her.

You want those resident doctors they’re fresh out of school with the latest knowledge. The VA is great too for prostate stuff since their client base is mostly old men albeit changing now.

I’ve ran into some very foul mouthed ER docs those are the ones you want too. I know of one in MN who leaves a trail of F bombs all over the place. If I was ever bleeding out I’d want her.

#4207 2 years ago

I confess I’m still at work….partly by choice

#4218 2 years ago

I confess that NIB games did sticker shock me at first, several years ago, but after I learned that as long as you do not buy a game that not many people like, you can play it all you want in the comfort of your home and not lose much when you decide to sell it.

Even if you don’t know what games people are going to like or not, the NIB prices might lower some months after they are new. But it seems like if you can hold onto them a little while longer they will become more valuable.

I remember unboxing a lot of new games years ago and the hype train wasn’t as much as it was back then. I’m thinking back to 24s WPTs Elvisesese and WOF. Now those aren’t as easy to find HUO.

I should confess I don’t worry much about which designer is going to work for which mfg.

I wonder if there are forums out there for refrigerator enthusiasts. “Oh yeah Pete is going to work for Maytag the new fridge coming out in 2022 is going to be really chill. I really like his wheel designs it makes it easy for me to pull out and clean the crumbs my wife keeps spilling under it”

Quoted from jandrea95:

I am the oldest middle aged man I know.

I’m the youngest old man I know

#4247 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Pretty sure it would never stop talking.
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"905d113cae75ed89acb51831e3a6dde8e7de1adf-1628207406-1800"};
    //]]>

-or- have the sound of a clicking keyboard.

#4255 2 years ago

Sounds like a window unit in a motel room at a beach

I confess I always to the fan to ON otherwise the compressor makes me jump halfway out of bed when that thing kicks in.

#4262 2 years ago

(sorry for such a short post).

You’ve now apologized for short and long posts. Just type and we’ll read.

#4264 2 years ago

Oh I confess I lost a game of Meteor today by 150 points.

#4271 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

My pinball injury from Saturday night, so it's not all beer and skittles.
    [quoted image]

You win. That includes both times pinball brought me to the ER and the 3rd time I spent almost an hour cleaning blood out of my carpet.

Nice TWD mod perhaps

#4283 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I smoked a bowl and went to the grocery store. I overheard a kid arguing with his mom about not liking meatloaf. I am now eating meatloaf at midnight.
    [quoted image]

If mom finds out your secret to eating meatloaf her life could be come a lot less stressful come meal time.

#4294 2 years ago

I get a feeling of confusion when I flip on this tv channel.... not sure why.[quoted image]

I confess I get excited for 90s B/W games when I see that or the logo in the corner. I don’t watch much TV anymore. My 4K 65” TV has bunny ears coming out the back of it.

I confess I paid $750 for my 32” 1080 but only 500 for the newer one above. I still have both and will keep them both until they quit. I’m not one who needs the latest and greatest.

#4308 2 years ago

I confess this commercial somehow came into my mind tonight. It doesn’t seem like that long ago but now watching it for the first time holy crap has time gone by.

#4312 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I thought this was kinda funny[quoted image]

Post that in the funny caption thread

#4315 2 years ago

I recently got a letter that the county property tax accessor will be in my area taking measurements and photos.

Have any friends with beater vehicles that are in need of an oil change? If so park one or more in your driveway and when you see them coming, pop the hood and get to work.

#4317 2 years ago

And I confess, while ago my girlfriend was talking about someone that could not take a joke, and then when I messed with her about a belly roll she had going on she went haywire.

You didn't use the Pillsbury Biscuit Can line I used a few posts back did you?

(if I do lose power and internet, I will text Jay when stuff calms down and I am goofing off having a beer, and ask him to make a post here for me)

I confess I think I lost your phone number though it's probably in an e mail or PM somewhere. So now is a good time to confess I'm not very organized.

I confess I'm getting a little irritated with my needing to fill out a form and send in so I can park at work.

Get the PDF at work email. Forward to my personal cause my work computer blocks printers. Print from personal computer (it actually worked the first time, that's a first BUT HP forcing me to sign up for an ink subscription and printing profile. I seriously print 10 pages of things per year).

Next fill out form, run downstairs to check my license plate cause I can't remember the number part. Put in scanner to scan to personal computer. Wait forever because I decided to scan in at 1200 DPI. Had to google what 1200 DPI is good for. Apparently photographers are satisfied with this. Taking too long EJS is NOT satisfied. Rescan at 600 DPI. That's better.

Upload to forwarded personal e mail. It's hanging up at 50% upload to e mail draft. WTF. Switch from CenturyLink built in wifi and connect to router downstream which ironically uploads faster. BAM. I would have used that the first time but printer not wirelessly connected to that router. Send e mail back to work e mail and open work computer. Adjust screen for evening light so the blue light doesn't wake me up.

Wait for e mail to come in. Finally does and send off and wait for response and see if I filled something out wrong. And you all thought this was going to be an issue with a printer. Printer behaved well tonight.

Now I feel better and hope little Johnny has power this time tomorrow.

#4365 2 years ago

I confess I haven’t taken a shower all day. In my defense I’ve been working in the yard all day. Today my back yard got seeded too.

2782DD4B-37CD-452A-8235-9137277EEB73 (resized).jpeg2782DD4B-37CD-452A-8235-9137277EEB73 (resized).jpeg
    #4368 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Looks like you have voles

I sure do and they’re sitting in a pile behind the bushes.

#4370 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I sure do and they’re sitting in a pile behind the bushes.

I confess I just saw a squirrel grab and throw one of my peanut butter traps. One completely avoided the trap as if it were hostile. They must have some less than favorable experiences with them. I might have to secure them to the ground soon. I confess I might even be missing a few traps. I saw one in my neighbors yard. Some animal probably snagged it over. Soon they’ll start ending up in JohnTTwo sons yard two blocks over.

#4375 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I understand you can. You can eat spiders too. I'm just trying to get whether that is the motivation for trapping, or it's relocation because they are a nuisance or something. We don't have squirrels.
    People eat rabbit here a bit, but not much. Other rodents are left alone as far as food goes.

It’s the voles I’m after. They make tracks in the lawn by destroying a path. According to JohnTTwo I also have shrews which go after the voles, but unfortunately are also subjected to the traps. Squirrels aren’t a problem for me (right now) other than the fact they are messing up my plans. Same goes with rabbits. I have a couple in the area that bump into my traps. My neighbors are huge gardeners of fruits and vegetables which probably doesn’t help. That doesn’t bother me. If the apocalypse comes I’ll find something to trade them for a meal if needed. Maybe they need a spare flipper coil?

#4388 2 years ago

I confess I’m drinking orange juice out of the bottle. Not those supermarket sized ones…the big Costco one.

6939F701-634A-43A5-AAC6-05D28C7C647C (resized).jpeg6939F701-634A-43A5-AAC6-05D28C7C647C (resized).jpeg
    #4390 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'm drinking beer from a can. regular 375ml.

Jealous. My fridge is almost two weeks broken so I’ve resorted to the mini fridge in the basement which is reserved for essentials so beer is demoted for the time being.

(But EJS….beer IS essential)

I can hear it already

#4398 2 years ago

but be very careful with that.
    Too much can cause diabetes. I have a uncle that knows all about that.

Good to know. Fortunately it’s the second time I’ve bought the 2 packs in the last 5 years.

I confess I should probably drink less soda while at work. I probably average 1.5 a day. I don’t keep any sweets at home mostly because I love them.

#4399 2 years ago

I confess I must be losing my sense of humor...just watched Jimmy Fallon monologue and intro skit. Not one laugh generated. Maybe I should post this in the “you know you are getting old” thread?

I had it on in the background while rebuilding some flippers. I was in the garage pounding out roll pins during his mono glad I didn’t miss anything.

I have STTNG on right now. Much better.

#4420 2 years ago

I confess I want to say “don’t” in the shipping advice thread.

I’ve never bought a game and shipped. Only sold two and shipped. 4 million BC and a family guy.

I confess I used the money from 4MBC to buy a laptop many years ago which is probably in a landfill somewhere. It was Windows XP.

#4421 2 years ago

I also confess not buying a safecracker about 4 years ago when it was just under 4,000. Probably one of the worst mistakes in pinball I’ve made.

#4427 2 years ago

I confess I had 1% milk with pizza tonight.

I also confess I dropped about 1/3rd of my paycheck off at Comet today for a ton of LEDs

#4460 2 years ago

***you did not miss anything not reading this long post, it was just boring upvote stuff***

If a post falls in the middle of a thread does anyone really read it?

Makes you wonder how many more people just read these as they show up. Once they are buried in the thread are they even read again? Years ago there was a stat that said less than 1% of bloggers posts were read by others.

#4461 2 years ago

Does your city have any problems with "street racers"?

In my part of town just a little. If you are unlikely you’ll get stopped by a deer before the police.

In adjacent neighborhoods it’s a problem. In Minneapolis you can do doughnuts in the middle of an intersection while shooting off a gun, get taken in for questioning and then released without charges apparently. Same goes with I94

The road I grew up on had it a couple times a year for 20 seconds. Back then it was people just having fun. Now it’s people tied into other associates with other problems.

#4484 2 years ago
    Quoted from prl867:

I detest Red Lobster.

My friend calls it Dead Lobster

#4507 2 years ago

I confess I was so miserable, that I had thoughts of ending my life, I just could not take all of that pain any longer.

Pain for me has been more tolerable than being nauseated/ dizzy/ disoriented. I had that so bad spring of 2020 I was in the lobby of the ER praying that I’d pass out but I didn’t. They didn’t know what I had or what to give me so they shoved a little bit of everything in my IV. Four minutes after that I felt like I was getting steamrolled then I couldn’t feel anything for the rest of the night. Slept great that night and the next. After that I was on edge for 4 days and only got a few minutes of microsleep. Took 3 months of hypnotic drugs to recover from that. I didn’t think I was going to survive all that and basically feel like I’m living my life with a second chance now.

I confess I actually hate the part of my job which is right now where I just sit around and do nothing and wait for things to happen (or not).

#4525 2 years ago

I confess I’m trying to get through Tron movie without posting a WTB for the pin….unless someone wants an instant EM collection.

#4532 2 years ago

I petted the last one after I took the hook out.

Which side did you pet it on? Two very different experiences based on which side you feel.

#4547 2 years ago

I confess I asked several questions in my order I just e mailed Jimmy at Pinball Resource. Damn WMS Doozie (and it's zipper flippers) is going to live up to it's name. Probably one of many e mails going to them this week with questions.

In other threads LTG and I were mentioning all the calls and questions that are going to be brought up with new pinball owners. One thought that came to mind by pinballplusMN tonight when talking in the garage was also.....this publicized auction will also result in more people getting reminded they might have a pinball sitting in their basement and will also be calling in to try to get their game working again.

I confess I don't want to bring pricing into this thread so please don't bring it up here. That poor dead horse has suffered enough beatings in several other threads if you want to see.

I confess laying on the floor elevating my legs really relaxed me and I should think about doing that more.

#4575 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

JohnnyPinball007 You asked how Prada is. Here you go.

I confess one of my favorite sayings comes from one of my customers.

Lock your dog and lock your wife in the closet for 20 minutes. Whose going to be happy to see you in 20 minutes?

Not that I advise locking your pet in a small room like that.

#4611 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Well theres a guy blaming the Fillet of Fish for the loss of 2' foot of colon
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c2b66485719fadc57ab47e146ec938505a51df0b-1632318240-1800"};
    //]]>

I confess I haven’t even been in that thread yet but tempted to each time I see it.

#4626 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Hopefully not too offside, zero intention on offending anyone)

Statistically speaking that is accurate.

#4641 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You might want to change that once they start 1099ing you.

It’s eBay and it’s 2021 he can’t be doing THAT good of business.

Kidding aside Johnny you may want to update contact information. I’m assuming you are sub letting the positive reputation of your account.

#4653 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Pinball confession.
    Got my 51 Williams Control Tower today (great machine) and realized in 1951 i could have a 5 ball multiball.
    Haven't tried it yet, but two balls is good footy.

I confess this makes me want to get my WMS fairway out. I think it was made just after your control tower.

I confess I’ve never played a game with impulse flippers before.

#4655 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

You can drink a beer in one hand and flip with the other!! This is about the only plus.
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"7e1e544cad053e57b22e22cc6ff4e7306746205e-1632586592-1800"};
    //]]>

I confess I don’t drink much beer anymore but when I do I somehow end up with beer that reminds me of other pinsiders on here.

CC6B9A26-FBB5-4F15-8C37-F9C1E9F72CF5 (resized).jpegCC6B9A26-FBB5-4F15-8C37-F9C1E9F72CF5 (resized).jpeg
    #4665 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Ya.. the first one hurts the most

I believe it’s his second. I don’t say this to make him look bad but I say this to say he truly does care about keeping a positive reputation.

#4669 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess I really don't like mayonnaise.
    I also confess I haven't posted once in the last week (not counting this post).

I confess I’m too lazy for condiments in general they don’t make or break my experience with food. Most of the time I’ll end up wearing it with my luck.

#4672 2 years ago

I wear prescription daily disposable contact lens....I reuse them two, sometimes three days.

I used to wear 2 weekers….more like 2 months for me

#4681 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that I miss the “hitler reacts” videos, and we haven’t had a good one in a long while. Have I missed a recent one?

One of my favorites was tapco magazine shortage.

#4722 2 years ago

Pride is what gets you killed. Or close to it. Trust me.

#4727 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Do they have pinball machines in the ER? I hear there’s always long waits .

Some Childrens hospitals have pinballs in their rec room.

#4760 2 years ago

My best friend sends me funny stuff all of the time, and the funny stuff I can not post anywhere here I send to EJS. (and some to Gilligan, I think he is oldschool1969 or something here).

I confess I usually show some of those to whoever is in a room with me when I’m at work because most people I know wouldn’t get offended by that stuff. But I wouldn’t start a paper trail of them in case I forwarded to the wrong ones.

I confess it also makes me nervous having several larger group messages on my phone for the same reason.

I confess I’m almost at maximum capacity for having friends named John. Several months ago I texted one by accident when almost arriving to anothers house and then they texted me back saying they just left to go shopping which made me really irritated pre figuring out I messaged the wrong one.

Also confess it’s been a couple days since I’ve visited this thread.

Finally confess it’s funny to see Johnny’s post editing comments are growing in length. Maybe they’ll become so detailed we might want to start quoting editing comments?

The confessional:
    Come for the forum post.
    Stay for the post edit footnotes.

#4761 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess that beautiful Scandinavian girlfriends aren't all they are made out to be.

Confess I saw one of my friends coworkers girlfriends and was like holy s*** that looks exactly like Grimes or whatever Elon musk’s (now ex) woman looks like. She’s from one of those countries that boarders the Baltic Sea so when he said she’s WHATEVERish (he said) I’m like….wtf country is that again?

#4762 2 years ago

I’ll finally confess I just ordered two 5 gallon pails of evaporust just after my very first experience with it. I confess I spilled a little with excitement. Might need to order some depends.

4176C2A3-3644-4B50-B6EC-ACC8FA2ED568 (resized).jpeg4176C2A3-3644-4B50-B6EC-ACC8FA2ED568 (resized).jpeg
    #4765 2 years ago

I confess you need to keep drinking whatever you just had, or smoking whatever, and keep on posting!

I confess it’s just me behind all that. I mostly drink sodastream sparkling water. Those flavor additives smell like they could preserve a dead body.

I’ll confess I didn’t screw in the Co2 canister in all the way a few nights ago so a very loud hiss came from the bottle made me jump a little when I pressed the button.

My smoking isn’t more than a Cuban cigar but that experience is happy thread material. I confess their dirt makes things taste really good.

#4777 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess I was originally going to do my 1,000th post here (because this is basically my favorite thread) but then I forgot to. Oh well, I'll have to settle for 1,001.

Close enough! I also notice the post count doesn’t update all the way.

I think I made my 1000th in this thread but not 2k or maybe the other way around.

997 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ejs. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=ejs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.