Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,501 posts
  • 720 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    corvair27 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    istockphoto-1179823122-612x612 (resized).jpg
    beijing-lamb-chuan-13 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184633712[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184617341[1] (resized).jpg
    0A18CD89-6539-4786-AA30-EAEBB03F87E5 (resized).jpeg
    R0010223 (resized).jpg
    upPL5r70b2agIXq8PVOUcC8sZxFswrJqNjYB2jYzALE (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirkdiggler.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

439 posts in this topic match your search for posts by dirkdiggler. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #5759 2 years ago

I know the time daily to hit the local Walmart when the lady reduces the whole cooked chickens to $3.50

#5765 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I just bring the $5/off sticker with me from last time i was there!

Haha. Never thought of that. On side news, local man gets arrested at Walmart for scamming cheap chickens

#5766 2 years ago

I bet against my 49ers to make the playoffs today and happily lost $20 when they won!

1 week later
    #5822 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

NFL Helmets are now like Chinese Fortune Cookies. Every player has a different little slogan on the bottom back of his helmet. Waiting for players to turn around just to see which fortune we get is as exciting as it gets! Offensive huddles mean multiple fortunes! Only thing missing is a few lucky numbers to play powerball with.

I like when the NFL allows a little bit of individualism. Little less dictatorship. After the George Floyd death they had to react and allowing some personalization doesn't affect the bottom dollar so why not.

Saw a lot of cool messages in the cowboys beat down last night. Stop racism on a couple guys helmets stood out in my drunkin state.

Stop hate seems to be a popular choice in tonight's game

2 weeks later
    #5950 2 years ago

I bought this shirt when I was 15 years old. 28 years later, it still fits! Down to 200 lbs

20220203_183428.jpg20220203_183428.jpg
    #5968 2 years ago

Men's Curling gold medal odds:

Great Britain 2.85-1
    Canada 3-1
    Sweden 4-1
    Switzerland 5-1
    USA 14-1

#5972 2 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

I still like to have ketchup w my grilled cheese & Mac n cheese..

Heinz Ketchup a must on both.

I like Ketchup on scrambled eggs and dunking my fries or onion rings still.

#5974 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Heinz is the best!!

Only heinz in this household. My mother in law has no name ketchup and I'll go find heinz packets in the glove compartment if needed

1 week later
    #6040 2 years ago

I've never had a cup of coffee in my life

#6041 2 years ago

I stop by the local shelter in hope there's a German Sheppard there even though I'm not ready for a new dog yet.

#6046 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I was around a German Shepard puppy all day. A friend that I help with construction jobs brought his new puppy to work, and I had to help keep it safe on the job.
    I love dogs!
    Confess I am still not ready for another dog myself though.
    [quoted image]

I'd love a little guy like that. We dog sat for our friends German pup years ago and fell in love with him. Ended up getting stolen.

#6087 2 years ago

I jump the cue ball off the table on purpose to scare the other half when she's not paying attention

#6133 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:Lol! I’m 6’3 260, I sit to play! Especially after a couple beer!
    I love the 1up stools!

I'm 6'3 and down to 200lbs. 285 at my heaviest. I'm smaller in my early 40s then I was in high school.

#6135 2 years ago

Oh, and have never sat to play pinball. Stools in front of arcades for sure.

#6137 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I’m down 20 pounds now. Walking the dogs and only beer on the weekends.

I drink at least 6 beers a day. Limit my pop and sugar intake. Don't buy chips and cheesies anymore. Because we don't eat out I haven't had much fried foods since covid. Definitely down 20 since. Eating at home is definitely healthier.

#6163 2 years ago

I'm listening to 2021 Disco. DeeGees

Quoted from punkin:

I'm listening to 80's disco.
    Hot Stuff Baby

#6173 2 years ago

Disco seems to be making a bit of a comeback. Skate by Bruno Mars is pretty funky

#6202 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I recently took in a lil cat from a rescue as it needed a new home.. well, turns out she's a mute. Doesn't even meow or make any sound.. annnd she plays fetch when you throw her toy mouse down the hallway! Haha

Good for you bro! Love it

#6203 2 years ago

Sounds like I'm meeting a pitbull/springer cross tomorrow that needs a home. Made the decision tonight that we're ready for a new dog after dogsitting our friends pooch today. I'm not but my wife is ready for a new one

#6204 2 years ago

Sounds like I'm meeting a pitbull/springer cross tomorrow that needs a home. Made the decision tonight that we're ready for a new dog after dogsitting our friends pooch today. I'm not but my wife is ready for a new one

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

IMG_20220301_202843.jpgIMG_20220301_202843.jpg
    #6205 2 years ago

Her name is daisy and jumps on top of bails of hay standing still. Springer/pitbull cross

#6206 2 years ago

I'm adopting Daisy tomorrow and will keep my eye out for a German Sheppard to pair her up with

#6207 2 years ago

I've been crying for a hour. Damn

#6209 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess it’s been a crazy year for us so far, with 3 trips to the ER. The last one was wild: my wife was running in her socks to feed a feral cat that comes around sometimes. She slipped on the hardwood floor, landed on her wrist and fractured it. Looks like dishes and laundry are on me for the next month or so.

Smoke a bowl and errands seem like nothing

#6288 2 years ago

I don't like country music but Beer never broke my heart by Luke Combs is pretty good

#6290 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I was never a fan, but I’ve been getting into the old outlaw country lately.

Blame it on the double by Cody Marks is pretty rocking country

#6291 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Blame it on the double by Cody Marks is pretty rocking country

Also She's Country by Jason Aldeen is pretty rocking for country music

#6294 2 years ago

I'm done with winter. Bring on spring

#6299 2 years ago

Disco is hot currently. Skate by Bruno Mars is pretty funky. Also Dave Grohls (foo fighters) The DeeGees is pretty freaking awesome
    Not sure if he's considered country but Chris Stapleton has the best voice of this generation to me. His song Tennessee Whiskey is my favorite country song and Blow by him and Bruno Mars is my favorite rock song written in past half dozen years or so.

#6304 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I like salt on watermelon and oranges.

Always on watermelon. Never tried it on oranges

#6310 2 years ago

I don't really use salt on anything besides poached eggs and for salting water for pasta/vegetables.

#6318 2 years ago

I've always been a early riser. If I make 8am, it's extremely rare

#6319 2 years ago

Been waking up at 5:45 for some odd reason lately. Usually turn on the tv to see if we're in WW3

#6326 2 years ago

I pass out drunk usually by 10 pm. Wake up around 2 or 3am for a leak. Check out pinside for a hr or so, listen to a podcast and pass back out till 6 or 7am. Been my routine going on 6 years now

#6330 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess this is probably the most I’ve typed in one night on pinside. I’ve done it all on my phone too. While breaking down cardboard. While smoking a cigar.
    I confess I like pizza (as you can see on top of the pile)
    [quoted image]

I smoke what Chris Simms calls, Daddy Cigars. Lol

#6331 2 years ago

Last time I partyed with people before covid my buddy brought back some cigars from Mexico. Almost smoked myself green but made it thru without hurling. Lol. 1st cigar in 10 years at least

#6366 2 years ago

I don't think secret agent spies like Jason Bourne, MI6, Bond, Sam Fishers, etc exist and my wife thinks I'm gullible.

If they are real why aren't we sending them in to kill that stupid fukn nazi Putin?

#6381 2 years ago

I alrrady switched from beer to the hard stuff and it's only 6pm. Ha. Happy Friday Amigos!

#6382 2 years ago

Not the biggest Queen fan but Stone Cold Crazy is one badass song. Honorable mention to Fat Bottom Girls

#6384 2 years ago

Just took a rip on the shatter pen. I coughed and it sounded like the intro to Sweet Leaf. Lol

#6387 2 years ago

Maybe I'm biased being a Canadian but I like SCTV way more then SNL.

#6391 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Oh wow is that similar to the second city tour for startup comics? I saw them on tour once and they had me rolling in the isles. Honestly better than professional comedians.

Sketch comedy show. Lots of good characters. Same as Saturday night live. Infighting about airtime led to shows demise. Great White North is probably most famous bit which turned into the movie Strange Brew

9k=.jpg9k=.jpg
    #6405 2 years ago

Toxic by Brittany Spears makes me cringe however I absolutely love Harm N Ease's cover.

Harm N Ease cover of Bad Guy is pretty cool also

#6414 2 years ago

Metallica Stone Cold Crazy is bitching. One of my go to karaoke songs.

#6434 2 years ago

I confess. I've always wanted to try one of these cool marble balls in a game but think they would destroy it.

Also, this game has been on my parents coffee table for 30 years and I've never solved it. Got down to two a couple of times.

20220314_221530.jpg20220314_221530.jpg
    #6437 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I’ve never seen that game played! I’ve seen them set up like that but haven’t asked how to play or what it is.

Goal is to end up with one ball. Hop left or right, up or down like checkers. Eliminated ball goes on the circle. Can start anywhere on the board. I just played it for 1st time in 2 years and ended up with 3

#6439 2 years ago

Speaking of cover songs. I won a Peavy guitar and a $100 gift certificate from a radio station by knowing Slayer covered In A Gadda Da Vida by Iron Butterfly

#6441 2 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

I was thinking this would be fun game to get, then I watched a youtube video they were done in 3 mins. Sure I would probably screw it up, but once you have the method it seems simple

I've never seen anyone finish it and my Dad said no one has solved it either over the years. I resist cheating on the internet cause it would ruin the fun. Even if knew where to start I probably wouldn't figure it out. There's just so many ways to go about it.

#6493 2 years ago

It's so fun to have a dog in the house again. Even if it is just a friends. Basil chose the yellow bird from the basket of Jimi's toys as her favorite. Not kidding, I've been throwing it for a half hour. Might have finally wore her out

20220316_185334.jpg20220316_185334.jpg20220316_185437.jpg20220316_185437.jpg2022-03-1618.55.267240878634156637034.jpg2022-03-1618.55.267240878634156637034.jpg20220316_185953.jpg20220316_185953.jpg
    #6495 2 years ago

Not sure what she is. Wife thinks cattle dog. She unfortunately was mistreated most of her life. Our friend took her from her dumbass son. She didn't want a dog but has definitely made a huge impact on her. Got her fixed, walks her 4 times a day. Forever home 4sure

#6502 2 years ago

This is the first year I didn't fill out a March madness bracket in 30+ years I also never placed a bet on the games Will also be the first time in 20+ years I'll miss watching the opening Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday batch of games. I got today in but no go till Sunday nights games. Go Peacocks!!

#6505 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I confess this cognac is kicking my butt! I am definitely not the pinball wizard tonight! It was still a blast!

I tied one on last night and didn't wear it off till the afternoon, which is rare. Said I wouldn't drink tonight. I'm already on my fourth double

#6508 2 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

I confess I've never filled out a bracket, don't follow basketball, and honestly don't know much of the rules.

It's easy. Pick a couple one and two seeds for your final four. Pick a couple 12 over 5 seeds and don't complain when the secretary who knows nothing about basketball and picks teams on colors or nicknames, wins the whole thing

#6509 2 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

I confess I've never filled out a bracket, don't follow basketball, and honestly don't know much of the rules.

I worked at a company of about 300+ employees. Everyone filled out a $10 bracket. The 30k winner literally knew nothing about basketball. She picked teams on their team names. Meanwhile I spent a week crunching numbers and finished around 100.

#6511 2 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Also confess I barely watch hockey anymore. Used to watch it all the time, now barely watch a period here or there. Keep up on the highlights though

Regular season hockey is a bore. Once playoffs start, I'm sure you'll watch more. Best playoffs of the sports.

#6568 2 years ago

My brother is the laziest bastard. The wife and I spend 3 days slaving at my dad's prepping and cleaning his house for sale. We head home for a couple days. He goes out for a overnight visit. Not only did he do fukn nothing. He didn't take his pile of stuff I sorted for him. Got drunk and broke a glass shelf above the toilet which in turn broke the toilet. Now I have to drive 3 hrs, go to Costco, get a toilet and install it because he's a useless tool. I took his pile of stuff and threw it in the trash and going to send him the bill for the new toilet. What a fukn dumbass

#6570 2 years ago

I haven't played pinball in weeks. Too busy with other stuff. A friend of my wife's stopped by for happy hour last week and I watched her flip a few games. Was really impressed at her skills and reaction time. She didn't flip the flippers together at the same time and when I said to hit the ramp she did it. She hadn't played pinball since the 80s. And she's 60.

#6575 2 years ago

I'm dead tired so I picked up a cheap frozen pizza on the drive home. Thru it in the oven when I had a shower. Pizza and beer time

20220319_181643.jpg20220319_181643.jpg
    #6578 2 years ago

I like cheap beer. Why pay $2 a can for Canadian, Coors, Budweiser when I can pay a buck a can for Brewhouse which I really like. Costco sells 48 packs for $45 before deposit. So happy to see Costco carrying Brewhouse.

Won't drink cat piss like Luckys, old Milwaukee, etc... Leave that shit for the drunks

#6585 2 years ago

I confess I should have listened to my wife and not drove into a huge snowstorm in alberta today. Drove 50km/hr on pure ice, whiteout conditions around Camrose, AB for a hour to Costco by the airport. Sat dead still for 30 minutes on QE2 south by Mulhurst before going up a off ramp backwards and hitting some backroards with drifts up to my doors to get where I needed to be. Most stressful drive of my life. I walked into my dad's and said to my wife and dad, give me a beer, I'm going to smoke a joint and destress.

20220320_124739.jpg20220320_124739.jpg
    #6592 2 years ago

I never sat in a anti gravity chair before today. Pretty comfortable. Feels a little like being in a dentist chair though

20220321_175306.jpg20220321_175306.jpg

#6597 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I think what you're looking for is an anti-gravity chair

Yeah I forgot that magical word. Anti. I'm going to put it in my living room. Better than a couch

#6610 2 years ago

I've never had a cup of coffee in my life

#6613 2 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

I’ve never hit/used the snooze button on an alarm clock. Isn’t the idea of an alarm clock is to wake u up?!

I had a invention in grade 5. A alarm clock that yells at you. I've always been a light sleeper and alarm clocks wake me up but I've had friends who just sleep right thru them. WAKE UP MOTHER FKR. WAKE UP, WAKE UP! Too bad shark tank wasn't around then.

#6633 2 years ago

Coke was a party/bar drug in high school. We had a childhood friend who was a dealer so grams were $30 instead of $80. $100 eight balls. It started off as a weekend only thing. Then a weeknight thing, then why not rock it up. Crackheads are hermits and never seen. Slowly my hardcore friends are getting arrested and in and out of jail or rehab. Luckily I broke free and haven't smoked a rock or snorted a line since my 20th birthday

#6644 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I also argue/forget how old i am tho.. hate doing the math!

One of the the things that stands out to me when we met that you were 2 years older then me and Jamie was 2 years younger then me. When I moved to Edmonton the previous owners moved 4 houses over. 5 kids and all separated by 2 years. My wife is a child of 8 all separated by 2 years

#6645 2 years ago

I'd be a raging alcoholic if I could get ripped for $6.50 a day

Costco-vodka-Kirkland-Signature-Vodka.jpgCostco-vodka-Kirkland-Signature-Vodka.jpg

#6647 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

once bitten twice shy.

Love that song

#6648 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Speed was my downfall as a younger man. Went hand in hand with my job as a cab driver. Was weekends, then long weekends, then a gram a day. Pretty much nearly fucked my life, so i keep away from it.
    The molly is still an aphetamine, but much softer, i can sleep and eat. Plus, once bitten twice shy.
    only prob is it's so hard to get here.

1st time I ever heard of Molly was Wes Welker at the Kentucky Derby

#6663 2 years ago

I'm bummed with the Taylor Hawkins passing. Thought the dude got clean recently. Without the hardcore drugs I'll be lucky to make 50 so it really hits home. Definitely on borrowed time

#6665 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Dunno who that person is, but it's always the right time to do the wrong thing.

Foo Fighters drummer. Dead at 50.

#6669 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

The former drummer for Alanis Morrisette.

Don't forget Sass Jordan

#6674 2 years ago

I wish I still had my old amp

20220324_080743.jpg20220324_080743.jpg
    #6677 2 years ago

Confess I am extremely uncomfortable being at any party, invite, etc., when there will be several people there and I only may know 1 or 2 of them.
    I always say I am kind of a hermit, and I do not like crowds.
    That is not entirely true. I can be at a amusement park with 100's or thousands of people, and I am fine. The reason is that I am not expected to fit in or even talk to anyone if I am not comfortable and have nothing to say.
    Since I was a teen, I have always said no way I can do weddings or funerals.
    I can not handle all the brain overload meeting so many strangers at one time that also know the person getting married, or the person that just died.
    I confess that is my greatest weakness.
    Hell, I would be more comfortable having to make a random speech in front of 5000 strangers.
    Everyone is different, hell I know people that look all the time for some funeral to go to for someone they barely knew.
    I can not deal with that stuff.
    I do deal with all of that in my own way, but I just can not handle being around so many strangers, in those times.
    Goodnight.

Dude, I talk sports. I hate small talk/uncomfortable starting conversations but if a game is on or I know no one I just say... What's the score or did you see that game or shot today? Instant icebreaker for me

#6678 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Dude, I talk sports. I hate small talk/uncomfortable starting conversations but if a game is on or I know no one I just say... What's the score or did you see that game or shot today? Instant icebreaker for me

And if that doesn't work, ask if anyone wants to get high. Definitely separates people I want to hang with.

#6695 1 year ago

I confess when I hear Hell Yeah, I hear that song Redneck Woman.

"Let me get a big hell yeah from the redneck girls like me. Hell Yeah!"

Great, now I'll have that stupid song in my head all day. Thanks Johnny

#6701 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

I confess I hear the WWF's "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's voice whenever I hear a "Hell Yeah!"

What?

#6708 1 year ago

I confess I didn't think out how I'm going to move this big beast without help b4 agreeing to pick it up for a friend. Just spent a half hour chipping ice off a sidewalk to wheel it to the back yard. Now to get it up 4 stairs

20220401_161035.jpg20220401_161035.jpg
    #6711 1 year ago

I bought my first pack of Pokémon cards ever back in November. I scored a $40us card in my first pull. I now have five 3" binders jammed full of cards dammit

#6712 1 year ago

I'm bummed that's it my 23rd anniversary and the wife is a province over at my dad's, and I'm at home alone drinking vodka.

#6714 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i don't get all the jukebox thing. i looked into what i could do here, but it seems to me that the below is the best option, cheaper, better quality audio, unlimited music and takes up a fuckload less space.
    [quoted image]

There's not much sexier then a curved glass 50s seeburg or 40s Wurlitzer in my opinion. I love jukes when they have a moving mechanism visible. Also love 70s vibe jukes where they made patterns that resemble women or good vibes like the rockola pictured here

IMG_20220401_210239.jpgIMG_20220401_210239.jpg
    #6728 1 year ago

I miss my mom's sneaky sence of humor

20220403_130511.jpg20220403_130511.jpg
    #6731 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I confess that it’s my birthday! And I had 2 Bloody Marys with brunch, and I’m trying to decide whether to stop for the day, or keep going.[quoted image]

Keep going! Happy b-day

#6742 1 year ago

Why would anyone get out of the shower wet and pee in the toilet?

1 week later
    #6790 1 year ago

Confess, I've never been dropped. Took a couple where my knees wobbled but never went down. Also been 20+ years since I've thrown a punch. So much in a better place now. First time I ever blacked out I got got sucker punched from my best friend in high school in front of Blues on Whyte. Woke up in my bed when I should have been at my girlfriends. She dumped me shortly after. Lol

#6811 1 year ago

Confess. I hate when I get into a series and it gets canceled after 1 or 2 seasons. Kinda why I only watch sports and cooking shows now

#6831 1 year ago

When it rains it fukn pours. Saturday my main TV crashed out. Yesterday I blew a home theater speaker and tonight my Amp blows. WTF??? I feel like going on a rampage

#6837 1 year ago

Everything working fine around here. No storms or power surges. Everything power surged. Circuit the receiver is plugged into has a mini fridge and some neons. Was a old denon amp I picked up at a yard sale. We work it pretty hard a few hours a night and in a stereo cabinet with poor circulation so not surprised. Next receiver, I'm putting on a shelf.

#6844 1 year ago

Confess I loved all that years ago when they had actual stock cars racing.
    I have not paid any attention to nascar in several years now. They made too many changes for the worse.

I got into Nascar as a hangover fix in high school. Jeff Gordon was a rookie when I started watching so he's my guy. Used to love watching Daytona, Talladega, etc. Confess, haven't watched a race in at least 3 years. Also Confess, I really liked the Kevin James Nascar show on Netflix. Bummed they ended it so quick

#6887 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

I find TAF more fun to play than Funhouse. If I have 10 credits, 9 are used on TAF.

Taf is a stop and go snoozefest in comparison to Funhouse. All 10 credits used on FH!

#6901 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

My mate told me yesterday he doesn't like mint.
    Who doesn't like mint? I never even knew that was a thing.

I'm not big on mint. I haven't had a candycane and or scotch mint in at least a dozen years. Don't mind the occasional after eight at Xmas. Chocolate mint ice cream is disgusting. So are shamrock shakes

#6935 1 year ago

Confess it's ALOT of work to move a parent out. This took 2 days to sort thru what I want to keep, a garage sale pile and a dump pile.

20220227_163015.jpg20220227_163015.jpg20220227_163019.jpg20220227_163019.jpg
    #6938 1 year ago

My dad loved to golf. Unfortunately his lungs are giving out and has been on oxygen for a couple years. He was able to golf only one round last summer. He sold the condo and moving into a retirement home. My brother took the clubs and giving them to a buddy of his.

#6944 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Has he tried VR Golf? Just a thought...

He can barely walk into a room without being winded. Fukn copd

#6946 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess I wish I could enjoy weed like I did in high school. Once I got to my 20’s, it just made me paranoid and anxious. I try it every 5 years or so, and it’s the same every time. I tried Delta 8 recently and that was somehow worse. I think I’m just built for beer.

I love pot. I wake and bake and smoke all day long. I've been a pothead since I was 12. Less then a handful of times I haven't smoked in 30+ years.

#6950 1 year ago

Sometimes I know I've had too many doubles but still roll a joint knowing I'll be sleeping on the couch in 15 minutes. Can't count the number of times I wake up post 12am thinking it was 9pm

#6988 1 year ago

I watched Jeopardy tonight for the first time in years and killed it. Had at least 20 answers, swept the golf category and nailed final Jeopardy. Made me feel smart for a change.

#6990 1 year ago

We watched that b4. I admit I sucked at that. Got a couple puzzles. Made me miss my old wof. Underrated game for sure. Reverse MET layout.

Quoted from mcluvin:

You should continue watching Wheel of Fortune. You'll feel like a goddamn genius!!!

#6991 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I like sopranos too

Well I've got a sign for you then.

d26a113ec4d52d23d9a71b99323cf27f1257d4ab.jpgd26a113ec4d52d23d9a71b99323cf27f1257d4ab.jpg
    #6994 1 year ago
    Quoted from DK:

Is it for sale, if so, PM sent lol

Actually, yes it is for sale. Tried getting a donation together for LTG but he doesn't have a sopranos so declined the offer.

#6995 1 year ago
    Quoted from DK:

I confess that any day above ground is a good day, but today was a GREAT day.

Did you get laid? Or even better, a new pinball machine?

#6998 1 year ago
    Quoted from DK:Yes and no
    Got to spend quality time w wife and life

That's my life everyday! Even thru menopause, still loving it! We had such a great laugh/giggle together over the most random comment today. Absolutely priceless

#7016 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

It’s very surprising that we don’t have hubs at each US port! We could save so much money and time! Add careers, and still save money! Everything is about Toronto and Ottawa! Not to rant but it’s just common sense!

Been a while but when I used to buy off ebay they created hubs. I'd buy something from Montana. They'd ship it to Tennessee or west Virginia, then over west to Texas or California. Up to Vancouver where I'd get slapped with duty, then over to Saskatchewan.

#7034 1 year ago

I confess I said I'd never cry over a dog again that wasn't mine but broke that today. I'm a emotional wreck over the dog across the street. And I don't even want him but can't stand to see a dog be put down.

#7035 1 year ago

Sounds like we have a new dog. Tomorrow they're supposed him drop off with us. We realize he's only got a couple years left but we'll made the best of it. # Can't wait

#7042 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:Confess I really wish you and the dog the BEST!

Thanks Johnny. We're taking him to the dog wash tomorrow.

#7048 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I confess that i want to see photos of your new dog, hopefully with all four legs ( on Dog Rules thread), but if it be 3 thats OK too.
    You are the saint.

Well I have some sad news to share. He's in so much pain that he can't get up or move. The owners and their kids made the decision last night to put him down. There's nothing we can really do for him besides supplying him with cbd oil and metcam to help with the pain until they take him in tomorrow. I'd go take some pics of him but don't think I could handle seeing him just laying there lethargic.

3 weeks later
    #7258 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess I woke up with a little puddle of drool on my pillow last night, so I flipped it over.

Made me think of Primetime back in the day saying cool side of the pillow.

Confess I have never flipped my pillow. I wear a groove till it bothers me and I throw it out.

#7297 1 year ago

How awesome is the breakfast club? So many memorable quotes.

20220523_224133.jpg20220523_224133.jpg
    #7305 1 year ago

What's the % on your guys beer? I couldn't imagine drinking 24 Molsons everyday at a mere 5%

I'm a six pack of beer and a half a 26oz of whiskey daily guy

#7318 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm off the ipa's and ales too.. just drink the cheapest cold beer available now. fuk! does this mean I'm getting old?! Dammit

I buy 48 Brewhouse at Costco for $48. Best buy at a beer I can actually like. Wife likes it as well. Next best is 48 pilsner for $54.

#7320 1 year ago

That's our light beer up here. Coors light, bud light. 5% is the norm. Molson, Budweiser, etc. I like the 6% stuff. Anything after 6% tho it tastes like fire/piss to me.

#7336 1 year ago

I confess that I'm relieved to finally hear from the cardiologist I was referred to 6 months ago but also a little scared of the results from a heart CT scan I have tomorrow.

How crazy of timing is this? Talked with my buddy in Saskatoon about swapping games Friday. Got a call this morning out of the blue saying they have a cancelation and have a free spot Friday morning.

#7375 1 year ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

I come home from work, and my daughters lying on the couch laughing n watching a movie/show..I ask her what she’s watching, she says jackass. I confess that I’ve never watched any of them, but do know that a few guys do real stupid shit. I need to check it out someday..

Love Jackass. Seen them all up till the new one. So many laugh at loud moments. When Dunn passed I kinda lost Interest. Felt so bad for Bam losing his best friend. Confess I wish I had a relationship like theirs.

#7376 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Pay attention to game 7 there bud

Does it even matter? Lightning in 5. Courtesy sweep

#7377 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Love Jackass. Seen them all up till the new one. So many laugh at loud moments. When Dunn passed I kinda lost Interest. Felt so bad for Bam losing his best friend. Confess I wish I had a relationship like theirs.

Confess, I've cried twice since typing this. So soft... Think I need a guy friend in my life besides girlfriends to toughen me up

#7385 1 year ago

Gotta confess. My arm is pretty sore. Forgot my wife booked my 2nd booster shot today. When I showed up late, the overly flirty nurse stabbed me pretty good. Guess I deserved it.

#7406 1 year ago

Have you ever

Quoted from punkin:

I'm really enjoying a frosty sunkist this morning. In fact i might just have another.
    [quoted image]

You need to add vodka. Sunkist and V is devine

#7441 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Pray for my soul my dear Lord.
    I have just started drinking my prep for my colonoscopy tomorrow morning.
    I hope I can make it thru the night without sh#ting the bed.

You won't. My wife had that cocktail a few years back. It will empty you out for sure

#7449 1 year ago

One of my mom's favorite stories to tell was Burton Cummins of The Guess Who came on to her multiple times at the supermarket in Winnipeg. I think she was very flattered the way she described their encounters.

#7465 1 year ago

Mother in laws 80 year old boyfriend had one of his outbuildings broken into a few years back. He calls the cops. He meets them at the building and had a few and they charged him with dui. Never heard of getting a dui on your own property. What a dumbass

#7476 1 year ago

I hate auto tune. Can't stand that sound it produces. Really cool the story behind it, but damn I hate that sound

#7479 1 year ago

Almost had a Seinfeld moment the other day. I've always had a knack for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.

A buddies wife stopped by the yard sale I was having the other day. They've been trying to get pregnant for a couple years. Haven't seen her in about a year. Came this close to saying congratulations. Glad I didn't because it turns out she just got fat. Haha

#7487 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Punched through a plate glass door as a kid. Took a triangle of skin - all the layers, when I pulled back. Makes a nice scare

I hope she gets better. I know what it is to lose a parent. Like you, I am thankful for every day and say it each morning. Peace be with you.

Hit a culvert on a dirt bike when I was 7 or 8. Flew over the handlebars and face slid across a gravel driveway. Left a nice scar above my eye and a nice scar on my knee

#7488 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Hit a culvert on a dirt bike when I was 7 or 8. Flew over the handlebars and face slid across a gravel driveway. Left a nice scar above my eye and a nice scar on my knee

Oh and sustained my first concussion

#7491 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

8 years old, and already a man
    We lived near the railroad tracks, and there was a great set of dirt jumps for motorcycles. My parents forbid us from going there, but my sister and I (9 and 10) went anyway. After the first big jump, I caught air and had an okay landing on the downside. But I hit a rock and got launched over my handlebars, and I got a bunch of dirt embedded in my lower lip. I was hurting, so we walked our bikes home. My sister backed me up in my lie about how it happened, and that was a real bonding moment for us.
    If you don’t have scars by the time you’re 11, you haven’t lived.

I confess I wish I had a bonding moment with my bro like you did with your sis. We're 6 years apart and only had music as a bond gowing up. We only chat maybe once a year and haven't seen him or his kids in at least 5 years

#7495 1 year ago

I got my nose bent sideways like Owen Wilson in a fight once. I was in grade 7 and he was in grade 9. Got a few good ones in b4 he cracked the topped of my nose. Went home and my brothers drummer reset it. Never went down but damn I saw stars after that one. Tought me a good life lesson which I carried forward and never lost a fight again. Hit someone in between their eyes to make them water then pounce if you don't think you can one punch them

#7516 1 year ago

I only use Facebook for selling shit on marketplace and finding garage sales. I have no friends. Didn't want messenger either but kind of need it to respond to ads

#7521 1 year ago

I have never been on any social site other than this one, and I know I am missing out on being able to sell some shit, but that is ok for now.

Me neither, my best friend died right after Who-Dey died.

Was referencing the stupid friend requests on Facebook. You're not missing anything.

I don't have any real friends tho. I have a great friend who for some reason takes pity on me and lends me games so I can stay in this hobby. I'm very gracious for his generosity. He's the closet thing to a brother from another mother. Have a few pinsiders I consider friends who I'll text with outside of pinside but that's about it. It's basically me and my woman of 20+years on this life journey

#7537 1 year ago

I confess, I love garage sales. I'd back over my mother in law to stop at a sale. I also love to barter but I couldn't at these prices

20220611_130603.jpg20220611_130603.jpg
    #7543 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Love a good flea market!!

Me too. Unfortunately none around me. The first house I rented had one within walking distance. Saturday morning we'd head over hungover for 25 cent hotdogs and some retro game and cd hunting

#7550 1 year ago

Confess. I have no idea what a sun dial is but I'm curious to find out after finding one today

20220611_155506.jpg20220611_155506.jpg
    #7567 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I confess I will die a rock and roller. Seems too few bands are returning to the roots of rock and roll (elvis- Jerry Lee- etc)and createing new and exciting combinations..Mabey Rock and roll is dying, unless anyone can point me to a new young monster of Rock band?

I would have said Foo Fighters but... Pretty much the last stadium giants of rock. 25 year career done.

My wife watches America's got talent and showed me video of a young guy who is definitely chanelling Elvis. Pretty cool. Google agt elvis

#7576 1 year ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

I always slip on my steel toe boots, and never undo the laces. Last week, the back heel on the inside split. I confess that I picked up a needle n thread for the 1st time in, I dunno, 30-40 years and sewn/stitched it back in place. Guess we’ll find out if it holds up in the morning, or the next few days

I'll admit I've never stitched anything in my life. Before the wife, my mom was a seamstress so never needed to learn. My dumbass brother was a boy scout and had his mom stich on his patches instead of doing it himself. Like a real boy scout would do, I assume

#7586 1 year ago

Rant encoming.

I'm so pissed at my brother. Kept me up last night after chatting with our dad.

He finally goes to visit him at his new place and brings some new girlfriend. As my dad says, I can't even remember her name. He hasn't brought his kids for a visit in over a half a year, despite living within a hr drive. As far as I can tell, seniors cherish their grandchildren. My dad doesn't give two shits about me, despite what I do for him. He loves my wife probably more then both of us. Haha.

So my question is. What do you do about your clearly alcoholic, previously suicidal brother? We don't talk. It's not like I can call him up and call him out.

I'm supposed to be the fuk up son. I feel uncomfortable being the grown up, responsible one.

#7591 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Same. I still feel like I’m in my late teens early 20s. Only downside is more responsibilities now.
    Well maybe it’s not a downside because I get to help a lot of people.

I still dress like I did I high school. Jeans and a rock t usually. I've never owned a suit and tried tying a tie recently to no avail

#7593 1 year ago

I start off each day in my early 20's, and later in the day when I start popping beers I fell younger and younger. I am about 8 years old at the moment.

Haha. I'm about 6 beers and half a bottle of vodka in tonight. Wife already crashed. Watching die hard and pinsiding

#7597 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:Watching die hard and pinsiding

This should become a thing

#7598 1 year ago

Die hard 2 at 11:10. Wonder if I can make it? Going to pour another double

#7641 1 year ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Finally found time yesterday to hook up my air horn on my truck..but sadly, no 1 pissed me off in traffic today..it plays tequila w the 5 horns..stock horns are boring

Haha. I had a buddy in high school who drive a old 60s Cadillac who had the Aooga horn.

#7646 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I've looked a bit at Uruguay, looks to be fantastic
    Victoria, British Columbia (without the heat) but would rank wayyyyy up in quality of life and a fantastic yearly weather.(rainy but temperate)

I've always wanted to live in BC since I was a kid. I love Victoria, Vancouver and my home away from home in hs was Kelowna. I like the north part also like Prince George. Lots of good times/memories up there. The best golf courses I've ever played were in BC. Also the best fishing tho northern Saskatchewan is a close second.

5 or 6 years ago the wife and I were considering moving overseas/central America. We loved the thought of restoring a old farmhouse in France.
    Belize was also high on the list because of climate, close to Canada and only English speaking Central America country.
    If money wasn't a concern. I'd move to Costa rica or Italy. No if money wasn't a concern I'd definitely love to live in Italy

#7669 1 year ago

I'll confess, I didn't think I'd watch a jackass movie again but here I am watching 4.5 and laughing my ass off.

#7671 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I saw they were added to Netflix. I think I’ll be putting them on some weekend when I have nothing else to do.

That's how I ended up on it. Put Netflix on and saw jackass 4.5 and said, why not.

#7701 1 year ago

The guy who used to do the promotional posters for Yegpin does cool pinball stuff. Brian Holderman. Here's a few I did with quick search. Sold a couple to twilight1 who probably has all his posters for the 2 or 3 years they used him

images(2).jpgimages(2).jpgimages(3).jpgimages(3).jpgimages(4).jpgimages(4).jpgimages(5).jpgimages(5).jpg
    #7708 1 year ago

Gotta admit, I love costco. 8 steaks for less then $5/steak? One is enough for two cheese steaks. Can't wait for tomorrow

20220616_200133.jpg20220616_200133.jpg
    #7725 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

4 of us travelled up the coast to a weekend tournament at a pinball arcade weekend gone.
    I confess that we were all completely shocked and dismayed at the culture of machine abuse operating there. Rage tilting was so common that some players having a bad game would tilt all three balls violently by shoving the machine, sometimes so hard that it hit the wall behind it. Hard slaps to the side were also common after the ball had entered outlanes or center drain.
    Not just one but 8 or 10 of the 30 odd players were constants at it. One of the players there was a top 100 world ranked player and was probably one of the main people to watch for. It seemed to be a permanent part of their culture.
    The owner of the place didn't seem to give a fuck about it.
    It can't be good for the cabinets and it's certainly fucking rude to the player after you. I came up to the machine at one stage to play my first ball, not noticing that this had gone on before me, tilted by pressing the flipper buttons in the first few seconds of my ball. When i mentioned the tilt to someone, they said it was because of the player before me.
    I invited some of them to my place to play a return weekend, but i will be making it clear at briefing that this behavior will get you sidelined for first offense, and ejected for second. It seemed to be the main topic of conversation amongst our small group, none of us could see a reason to be angry with the machine?
    It doesn't happen at pool comps, or fishing comps here. Man, we are playing for $50 prizes. I just can't see the point of shoving the machine after the ball is lost, we are not children.
    The general consensus and the phrase that seemed to be on our lips all the time was 'It's just fucking pinball'. Here we play pinball because it's fun.
    Is this common in comps everywhere including the states?

Confess, I've only entered one tournament in my life. Qualified for the playoffs without caring about it. Seemed like too many guys were way to serious about it. I was just having fun, playing games I couldn't play in the free area. One guy stood in front of the game for a minute before plunging. He said because someone tilted the game before him he wouldn't play until the game sat for a minute. The guy who put on the tournament hops around like a monkey jackass. Kicking his legs out and slapping and kicking the games. I thought if I ever saw someone doing that to a game of mine I'd dropkick him.

#7752 1 year ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

I confess I'm selling my business because the price was decent, and I couldn't stand the stress and customers being more and more demanding. I need to find a nice semi retirement job that I enjoy with less stress in my life.
    I'm almost across the finish line, then taking 6 months off. I want to get old and yell at kids to get off my lawn, or shake my fist at the clouds. Didn't want to wait, and end up retiring later in life, and not getting a chance to enjoy it.

Time for a road trip to Cut Knife!

Congratulations man. Working on any cool projects for yourself before you sell?

#7868 1 year ago

I was offline for 6 days. Confess it felt kinda good

#7869 1 year ago

Was kinda excited to try this out. After 2 games, back in the box it went

20220625_174231.jpg20220625_174231.jpg
    #7872 1 year ago

Gotta admit, I'm a pretty good dancer sitting down

#7879 1 year ago

Going thru a local online auction site and saw this sign. Immediately thought of punkin

45466062_1.jpg45466062_1.jpg
    #7917 1 year ago

Confess I hate when I'm one shot away from something and I drain.

Completed all 15 shots on cut throat countdown on Breakshot. Lit super jackpot and drained. Was at 29 million and would have scored minimum 30 million. High score #2 minimum and probably grand champ. So frustrating

#7918 1 year ago

I hate everybody by Chad Topper pretty much explains my life. Great song, terrible name. Haha

#7945 1 year ago

I'm a proud Canadian. Been in a half dozen bands over the years where we'd cover the Dayglo Abortions song, Proud to be a Canadian

#7948 1 year ago

I confess, I jumped in the whale thread hoping for a IBTL achievement. Missed out by a handful of posts

#7968 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Was this recent? I don’t see any locked threads over the last few days

I just discovered the unpopular opinion thread was locked a week ago. Haven't seen why but I imagine it has something to do about last week's ruling.

Quoted from swampfire:

A dog, a pontoon boat and a few good IPAs. Luna’s living her best life here.

That's my ultimate goal. To be sitting by some water, with a beer and my dog.

#7975 1 year ago

Holy crap that's a big fish. Two guys in BC go sturgeon fishing for the first time and catch a 300kg fish. I grew up swimming in rivers and lakes and always wondered what was under me. If I knew that thing could be in the waters, I never would have gone swimming

lillooet-sturgeon-1-5958841-1655935929055.jpglillooet-sturgeon-1-5958841-1655935929055.jpg
    #7984 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I said the same thing about a year ago. You will learn very quickly! I still try not to use the abbreviations though.

But sttng, rbion, cftbl or totan is so much easier then spelling them out

#7985 1 year ago

Just saw a ad for a airline. $999 return Air from Vancouver to Australia or $899 to New Zealand in November. I don't fly often but Damn seems cheap.

#7989 1 year ago

Gotta admit. Everytime Breakfast Club is on I stop and watch. Tonight was when Bender fell thru the roof. Still watching

20220706_221249.jpg20220706_221249.jpg
    #8002 1 year ago

Confess I have never been married, and never plan to lose half my stuff.
    However, I would have a new will drawn up for the right one though.
    (I think I have the right one now). Time will tell.

Dude, you don't have to be married. Just being with someone for 6 months and poof, half your shit is gone when she decides it's over.

One of my dealers in high school rented a room to store his crap as he was a rig pig. She was a single mother. At the six month mark she evicted him and guess what? He had to pay child support for a kid he had nothing to do with. Sneaky smart bitch.

#8033 1 year ago

Found a wicked glass pitcher today at a yard sale for $2. Alway wanted a glass pitcher. Going to fill er up tomorrow and serve in those little 8oz glasses to give us the bar feel we've been missing

20220708_211705.jpg20220708_211705.jpg
    #8050 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess tomorrow I’m going to work a full day like it’s a Monday. Oh well.

At least it's not a NFL Sunday

#8052 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Getting closer. Camp for rookies starts next Friday.
    LTG : )

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

#8057 1 year ago

Stop by Janes Addiction holds up as kickass song. Brings back so many good memories

#8062 1 year ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I saw them twice and both shows were great! They played for a local radio station's rising star show here after their first live album and then when they headlined the first Lolapalooza. I haven't listened to them forever though, I think I'll put them on right now!

Jane Says is on our main Playlist. Wife loves that song. Wish I would have seen the 1st lolapalooza. Nirvana is my favorite band ever and never had the chance to see them live. Not sure if the 91 tour made it to Canada. Saw 92 in Van. Rhcp and Ministry headlining. Pearl Jam, Cube and Soundgarden.

#8063 1 year ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I haven't listened to them forever though, I think I'll put them on right now!

Can't go wrong with Mountain Song or Been Caught Stealing. Video of bcs is priceless

#8065 1 year ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I saw Nirvana many times growing up in Seattle, including the show they played free in a record store when Nevermind came out and they hung out in the parking lot after for 2 hours and signed everyone's records. I had the Sliver 7" signed by the whole band. I have a hilarious story about Courtney Love screaming at me in a club and trying to get Kurt involved in it while he sat and read my zine. I used to bowl at Village Lanes next to the Soundgarden dudes all the time, they were super cool. I was living in the right city at the right age and time to see all those grunge bands in small clubs before they got big.

Soooo jealous. Living in a small town outside Edmonton at age 12 my dream was to move to Seattle and go to production school. Sub Pop was basically my life in my high school years. We had a pretty decent scene locally with SNFU, The Smalls and D.O.A being the biggest bands.

#8066 1 year ago

I can remember the first time Smells like teen spirit aired on much music. MTV in Canada. Me and all my friends calling each other, freaking out. My older brother had Bleach so I already knew of them. Think I hung up my leather jacket that day.

#8075 1 year ago

If I have a bad first ball, I always add a second player

#8080 1 year ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I have no games of my own so 99% of my pinball is on location. I rarely have the luxury of restarting.
    Hell, I paid 50 entire cents for a game, I might as well get my moneys worth

I'm about to be in the same boat as you with no games and have no location within a 1.45 hr drive

I'll have to rely on the kindness of nightsearcher inviting me over when I'm in town for a quick gaming fix.

#8081 1 year ago

Oh and it's a buck a game up here. Haven't seen 50 cents a game or 3 for a buck since the 90s

#8084 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

They are the bund on a McDonald’s breakfast egg sandwich.

That's a English muffin. Crumpets are totally different. More bubbles.

#8086 1 year ago

When I could eat peanut butter I'd love toasted crumpets with peanut butter and honey. Wife and I would split a six pack

#8092 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

They are nothing like a muffin. Closer to a pikelet (probs got you fucked there too).
    [quoted image]

Haha I Googled image searched the same image when I searched crumpets

9k=(2).jpg9k=(2).jpg
    #8099 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Just noticed i don't own a toaster. I cook toast under what we call a griller, and i think you guys call a broiler?

I don't own a toaster either. Just a toaster oven. I keep telling the wife we need a toaster and she keeps replying we don't have the space

20220711_080242.jpg20220711_080242.jpg
    #8102 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

diggin the back the back splash tiles ..please tell your wife well done

They're super handy. Used them as trim on shelving and between floor tiles. When I rip the tub out of the main bath I'll use them there also

20220711_130018.jpg20220711_130018.jpg20220711_130040.jpg20220711_130040.jpg
    #8111 1 year ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:I've never heard of The Smalls

They had a video for Dan Diddle A Na. Watched it the other day on YouTube. The bass player was Corb Lund who's a popular country/folk artist now.

Quoted from nwpinball:

but I saw DOA, SNFU, NoMeansNo and a few other Canadian bands when they'd tour here. Lots of support for the Northwest bands in Canada and vice versa!

We'd visit family in Vancouver every summer and always jealous of my cousin telling me about all the great shows he saw.

#8125 1 year ago

Just created a term for the dumbass neighbor across the street.

Hillbillyish

#8126 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I just got bit by a frozen rat.
    A bit of him broke off in my palm too, i hope there's no such thing as rat scratch disease.

Wtf is a frozen rat?

#8134 1 year ago

I confess, when my wife made me pick this up last weekend I thought I'd never use it. 20220712_204203.jpg20220712_204203.jpg

Next thing I know I did the entire back yard. Great workout and never cut the grass so close with a gas mower 20220712_204238.jpg20220712_204238.jpg

#8137 1 year ago

Hell No!

Hell No!
    Yeah, gas is high, but Ya'll are going to wear your knees out, and probably have a heat stroke with that crap.
    Stick with a nice zero turn mower with a beer holder, to save on your knees and stay hydrated.

Yeah a zero turn mower would be great but on a 75' lot it would be a waste. A few properties back we had a a half acre. I had a sweet Husqvarna riding mower to do the job in a half hr

#8145 1 year ago

Yard sale find in Sweetgrass on the drive home. A bag or collector would be great.

I had an identical one years go with the grass catcher behind. I had a tiny patch of grass front yard in Air Ronge and no grass in back yard. I couldn't justify a gas mower then.

#8148 1 year ago

Man I wish I didn't hate the bitch next door. Fuk her, may she rot in hell.

She moved out a year ago. Foundation crumbling. Nice garage. Found out this morning she sold it to someone for 5k. Buddy is planning on moving in even tho the basement is under water and crumbling.

If I knew it was for sale I would have gladly paid 5k, demolished the house to reduce taxes on the lot and gained a nice single garage with a shop attached and a corner lot.

FUCK

#8152 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'm still trying to figure out how you can buy a house and land for $5,000......
    [quoted image]

Most of the shitty old houses can be bought for around 20k here. Small Town Saskatchewan. My pinsider bro twilight1 bought a piece of land between Saskatoon and Regina. Think it was 30k with a house, 9 lots and outbuildings. He sold his collection to buy it.

This one is under water and will collapse within a few years. If I knew it was available I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Can't build a garage on a cement pad for 5k

#8153 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I know that if we put our heads together here, we can help you make lemonade from these lemons.

I wonder if if I offered her $7500 she'd sell it to me? She fukn hates me and I hate her but $2500 is $2500

#8162 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Recently? He only needs to sell 3 or so pins for that much!

Probably a year ago. Sold everything but Metallica.

#8188 1 year ago

Just got home from doing a stress test in Saskatoon. That was brutal. The first three levels were fine but the forth sucked ass. Had to take my mask off in a full on jog for about 4 minutes. That's the most exercise I've done since high school sports. I already have bummed knees. Rubbed a bunch of cbd cream on before and after the appointment. Just ate two gummies, burning one as I type this and going to pound a few beers. I'm going to be so sore tomorrow. I just know it

#8191 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Tomorrow morning you’ll wake up and be like: hey I’m kinda sore but that wasn’t as bad as I thought.
    Saturday morning you’ll wake up and be like oh f*** I need help getting out of bed.
    That’s how it goes for me.

I pvr'd the first round of the British Open so I have a date with my lazyboy tomorrow

#8195 1 year ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Really..for some time, I’ve often thought of leaving Vancouver/lower mainland..

A couple that just bought a house at the end of street moved here from southern BC. Bought the house unseen, online. Small old house. Think it was 15k. Had no plumbing. Spent 10k on plumbing and 5k on a new roof. So 30k for a 800 sq2 house on a nice treed lot. Still needs new flooring, kitchen, etc...

#8196 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Thank you for using the acronym PVR (Personal Video Recording). That brings back memories. I managed the team that coded our cable PVR around 2004. At some point, the world decided it was DVR (Digital Video Recording). But PVR brings back memories of ordering pizza for my team so we could work until midnight.

Yeah Bell satellite up here still call it pvr. I watch way too much sports to ever cut the cord.

#8203 1 year ago

Dude, I cut the cord a few years ago and still have livetv. you should PM me, lol

We don't even have fast internet out here. Just basic internet. Can't even get saskmax. Freaking joke.

I tried Danzn for nfl and it was terrible. Unwatchable. Stuttered and froze constantly.

#8220 1 year ago

You need to someday, that new in the box pin smell is nice. Also fun having to look for all the hidden packing material on and under the playfield.

I'm 50+ games in and never sniffed new in box. Think I'm up to 4 games though with the goodie bag still stapled inside

#8230 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Back pain = HELL NO!

As someone who throws their back out once a year, it's brutal. Waking up and can't put socks on. Trying to walk and you can't stand up straight. Standing hunched over, holding your back. Brutal.

So one Saturday morning 20+ years back my wife and I take our dog Kokanee to the off leash dog park by us. Having a blast. All the sudden I dropped to my knees in excruciating pain. Felt like someone shot me in the back. Crippling pain. Felt a pop loading a skid of batteries at the warehouse I was working at the day before. Now I know when I feel that twinge. I'm like oh yeah, going to need some muscle relaxments and a day or two to recuperate.

#8237 1 year ago

I last shaved new year's eve 2020. Wife braided my goater tonight and just past my nips when pulled straight.

20220718_212310.jpg20220718_212310.jpg
    #8239 1 year ago

I confess I'm really bummed about not attending yegpin this year. There's so many games I'd like to try. Still haven't played a new game since JP.
    I feel like the kid who didn't get invited to the party and has to hear about it Monday at school.

#8248 1 year ago

I still enjoy honking at people in their backswing as I drive by the driving range by my mother in laws. Got a guy good today. Haha. When we visit my dad there's 3 holes along the road that I'm always on the lookout for a honk situation

#8254 1 year ago

Since I was 8 or 9 my routine has always been the same. Grab the sports section of the newspaper and hit the shitter. Confess, I haven't bought a newspaper in at least 10 years. Now I just search pinside when I'm duecing.

#8263 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Sounds like we are gonna miss a gooood time this year! See ya there next year! Too bad it's not in May still!

Yah, the July time sucks ass. But damn it was hot in 2017. Sweated my balls off. Probably didn't help the I was pushing 260/270 lbs at the time. Now it's in a air conditioned environment and I'm down to 195 lbs

#8271 1 year ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Got my company vehicle 2day..I confess that me n my family have been gm/chev owners for most of our years, and 2day was the 1st time in almost 30 years that I drove a ford..last ford I drove was an early maverick back in the early ‘90’s. It just feels weird..

How funny, we're the exact opposite. I had a chevy cavalier in high school and have only owned Ford's since I was 20

#8272 1 year ago

I did buy a 51 Chevy a handful of years back but flipped it a couple days later

#8274 1 year ago

The 51 I bought was a 1 tonne flat deck. Had a water tank on the back. Farm auction find. Sold the tank for $350 and paid $500 for the truck with it. If it was a half tonne, that would have been a whole different story.

#8275 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I’ve never been to a concert!

That's insane. I was 10 when I saw my first concert. Also confess I haven't been to a concert in probably 10 years

#8285 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

One two three four five
    Six seven eight nine ten
    Eleven twelve
    (Like if you get it)

Dude. We make crackers, smoked sausage, cheese and pickles everyday for happy hour. Six for the wife, six for me. As I count out the 12 crackers, I hum that song and I try to drop the crackers on the plate in unison to the song

#8297 1 year ago

I'm off to Minnedosa Wednesday night!!!! Getting the RV ready today

I'd say, pick me up on the way but I confess I haven't had a valid passport in years

#8301 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Got me to thinking. When we got the place it was $1.50 an hour for one or two people. Then .40¢ an hour for each additional person. Which we went to a flat $2.00 for one to four people per table. Then as rent went up to $2.50 an hour, $3.00 an hour, $4.00 an hour, $5.00 an hour, then it was $6.00 for 22 years, now $8.00 and hour for 8 years.
    LTG : )

Got me to thinking when I hung out at pool halls in the 90s. Player's Billiards by our high school charged $3.50/hr from 11am to 4pm or 5pm. After that it was $7/hr.

Scona Billiards on Whyte Ave was always great. $3/hr and had a good arcade.

Most bars were 50 cents a game and eventually a buck a game. Pretty much held the same since 2000. Some bars/operators try charging $2/game now but I never see anyone playing on them

#8320 1 year ago

I confess I could not do that, I hate crowds.

I used to love crowds. The energy that a live show produces with 5k, 20k, 60k is insane. So many good memories.

Now I watch a concert on YouTube with 50000 people and I think that I'd probably have a panic attack or heart attack if I was there.

Confess, it sucks getting soft with age. 20 year old me would whoop the shit and make fun out of 44 year old me

#8324 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that I’ve been in this house for 21 years, and tonight was my first time grilling outside. I broke down and bought a 22” Blackstone, portable for camping. It made good burgers. Seasoning (2nd pic) was not hard at all, just hot.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! I have a 28" Blackstone and it's literally changed the way I eat. Love it. Will eventually upgrade to the 36" with backsplash and cover

#8325 1 year ago

Burgers and fries the other day. Tried burgers on top of grilled onions for the first time. Turned out great

20220721_120613.jpg20220721_120613.jpg
    #8341 1 year ago

Just a off topic rant.

Found out today my sister in law has breast cancer and has spread to her armpit. She goes Friday to cut some out and find out what's next in treatment. Over a year ago she started to have symptoms and waited 8 months to have a mammogram. I just don’t get it. If something is bothering me for any amount of time I'm going to get it checked out. Even with this appointment they said Monday at 9:30am or Friday at 1:30. Let's choose Friday because I don't want to wake up early. Wtf? Get me in as fast as possible.

I'm having a hard time to have sympathy for her. If you just went to the doctor a year ago you'd be ahead of the fight instead of down 3 rounds. I would have started her on a Rick Simpson regimen a year ago. Just ordered a pound and will have rso for her next week but fear it's already to late. .

I'm going to say a prayer for her tonight and I'm not religious.

#8378 1 year ago

As much as I'd love to travel to Australia or New Zealand, I couldn't handle 20+ hrs on a plane

#8380 1 year ago

If you ever travel here and hang out with me, we would get along great!
    Confess I used to want to travel to your country, but the planes and boats all have stupid rules, and I cannot swim that far, and I cannot afford my own boat that would make it that far, so I guess I am just stuck here, in my own little world with no rules while at my keyboard.

We can carpool our funds for a yacht. Only way to travel across seas. I'm in for a hundy. Lol

#8382 1 year ago

I'm used to being asleep by 10pm and up between 6 and 7am. Brother in law and wife stopped by last night. About 50 beers and half a 40 of vodka later it was 4am when my head hit the pillow and I'm still drunk at 10am. Fuk it's going to be a long day.

Just hammered a costco polish sausage. Damn it was good

#8383 1 year ago

I feel like Carl in Caddyshack the past few days. We have a gopher that's made our backyard his home. I borrowed a neighbors BB gun but need bigger shells. I hit him in the belly and head 2 days ago but he laughed at it. Other neighbor set traps in his yard. Time to get this little fukr

2Q==.jpg2Q==.jpg
    #8415 1 year ago

I watched Shawshank Redemption this morning for the first time. Heard about it for years but never sat down to watch it. Great movie. Glad I finally watched it

#8418 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I haven't seen any of the Lion Kings and never plan too. Sawshank excellent movie!

We can do a whole new thread for movie franchises I've never seen and don't plan too.

Pirates of the Caribbean
    Star wars after the first three
    Austin Powers

Just to name a few.

Never saw Lion King. Not really into cartoon movies. Think the last cartoon movie I saw was The Incredibles or Happy Feet.

#8420 1 year ago

About 1999 or 2000 they opened a new huge arcade in West Edmonton Mall called Pladium. We went opening night. 2 stories of arcade games. Even had a monster truck simulator. Super cool.

They had zero pinball games except for up in the lounge. My wife and her friend ordered a pitcher of beer and I saw a SWE1 in the corner. Thought wtf is that? Arcade? Pinball? Pumped a couple loonies in and thought whoever built this should be fired. What the fuk did they do to pinball?

After that I only played a t2 in JJ's and a Fishtails in Smittys lounge till 2008.

#8450 1 year ago

Love Halloween. Whenever it's on, I stop on it.

#8471 1 year ago

I saw candyman tripping on mushrooms in the theater. Not my best experience

#8475 1 year ago

It will be two weeks tomorrow without playing pinball. I'm jonesing. Think I'll hookup my old 360 so I can at least play some pinball arcade.

#8524 1 year ago

This morning I found a beer in the freezer that my girlfriend forgot about last night.
    I put it back in the fridge, and it was there all day.
    So, a few minutes ago I put it back in the freezer, and I confess that was a mistake.
    I cracked that beer at my computer, and could not keep up with all that foam and left a trail all the way outside.
    At least the can never exploded. I have had them to do that and make a big mess in the freezer.

Whenever I wake up and find a frozen beer I use it in the wasp trap. Find the flavor changes when unthawed. Like a stale, day old opened beer.

#8527 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I confess. I was about to go play pinball, which I haven't done in a couple weeks, and got distracted on my way to pouring a bourbon and answering where are my charger cords questions from my son. Poured, took pics for the Boob thread, and now back on the couch with computer. WTF happened?

Boob thread?

#8530 1 year ago

Confess, I love the Fast and Furious franchise. They're so cheesy but I get hooked whenever they're on. Currently watching Furious 7 which is so over the top cheesy. Probably my least favorite of the series with the cgi Brian doubles besides Tokyo Drift. Actually Don't mind Tokyo Drift but can't stand the lead actor

#8555 1 year ago

Found a bucket of about 20 old lighters for $3 today. Quick Google search of Lark 501 and pleasantly surprised they're worth like $40 each. Some nice engraving on the Australia one.

20220806_165018.jpg20220806_165018.jpg20220806_165117.jpg20220806_165117.jpg
    #8556 1 year ago

Hey @northerndude. Saw you just went to a classic rock festival down in Minnesota. See rock the river in Saskatoon? Wife and I are thinking about heading down Saturday. Probably end up at Black Cat Tavern on Broadway or Sports on Tap afterwards playing @rancheros pins and drinking beers all night

IMG_20220806_221535.jpgIMG_20220806_221535.jpg

#8560 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

dirkdiggler and my reaction when we see what’s back on Netflix
    [quoted image]
    Damn I never knew they had a HotLine in there. I’m keeping mine for sure now.
    [quoted image]

You need to post that on the what game did you see thread

#8561 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

You need to post that on the what game did you see thread

Damn, already mentioned.

Is there anything better then a good mustache? Top 5 mustaches. Go

#8564 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I didn’t know there was a thread for that….I must not have…found it

Haha. Good one.

Pinball machines in Movies or TV shows you have found.

#8578 1 year ago

Confess, it really pisses me off as a barterer when people outright lie in their ad description.

Slot machine ad. $300 Says vintage, made in USA and at least 50 years old. It's one of those cheap 3 button stop, chinese made slot machines. I replied and offered $100 for it. Was told to fuk off and that it's a real deal game. What a fukn loser. Trying to rape someone. Like these douch bags up here asking 10k+ for stern pros. Yeah, I'm going to pay more for used then a nib pro costs.

#8581 1 year ago

Also I'm really pissed that my friend had a location scooped from him. Why would you burn a bridge with someone when that person has helped you out numerous times over the years and is the only person who can help you repair games that you can't do yourself.

Just shaking my head since I found out. Not sure why it bothers me so much, but it does. Actually I do know why. I hate seeing someone I care for get burned. I so want to call him out but my friend prefers to take the higher road. Wish I had that trait. I've always been a burn me once, fuk you. You don't get a chance to burn me twice.

Also confess, I wish I can't hold a grudge.

#8598 1 year ago

When I lived in Edmonton 20 years ago we walked our dog Kokanee at a park that had a lawn bowling club. Couple weeks back I drove by a lawn bowling club in Saskatoon and thought of that club in Edmonton. Two days ago I drove by one in North Battleford with the wife and she's says to me, remember the park with the lawn bowling club we user to walk Kokanee in?

Felt like speak of the devil on steroids

#8600 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Here is the bike that was stolen from me as a kid. My fault because I didn't lock up and didn't realize how shitty people could be at 8 yrs old.
    Internet Photo
    [quoted image]

I confess, I've stolen a few bikes when I was a punk kid. I'd get drunk on Whyte Ave (82Ave) and lived on 11 Ave. If I couldn't catch a ride home I'd hop fences till I found one. I'd always leave them at the end of the block for someone else to use/have.

Fast forward to me and the wife at our first house by the park with the lawn bowling club. I go out back to hop on my bike and realize it's gone. I smiled and thought that damn karma.

The Trek bIke that was stolen was bought by my dad who sold our Solar Fire pinball to fund it.

#8602 1 year ago

Another confession. I still haven't forgave my dad for selling our commodore 64. I had 300+ games for it. Played it all the time. Come home from school one day in about 1990, go into the spare room to fire it up and it's gone. He said no one played it and got I think $100 for it. Same with Solar Fire. I was bugging him for a new mountain bike. Come home from school one day and says we're going to buy a bike. I'm like sweet! Get home and go downstairs and realize he sold our pinball

#8605 1 year ago

I visit maybe 3 websites a day. Listen to more podcasts/sports shows daily

#8607 1 year ago

I love the brown liquor but confess I'm cheap so usually vodka for me unless it's the same price/on sale.

#8619 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I was once on 3 leagues a weekend. Friday night. Saturday morning and Sunday night. That was back when I had fewer responsibilities.

My parents signed me up in a youth league on Saturday mornings when I was 5 or 6. That lasted about 2 weeks. I wasn't giving up my Saturday morning cartoons.

#8635 1 year ago

Confess I am pretty sure I do not own a white shirt, and I know I do not have slacks.

I've never owned a suit. Don't have dress pants, dress shirt, blazer or tie.

Confess from the age of 21 to about 38 I wore a nfl jersey almost everyday. I think I had close to 70 jerseys. Went thru my closet a year or two ago and downsized to 7 or 8 keepers

#8636 1 year ago

Talk about a unfortunate name...

20220811_221246.jpg20220811_221246.jpg
    #8653 1 year ago

HandClap by Fitz and the Tantrums is my current favorite song. Damn is it catchy.

I hate waking up with a song in my head at 3am and you can't shake it to go back to sleep.

#8656 1 year ago

Confess, I was big wrestling fan growing up. Born 70s, child of the 80s. WWF launched at the perfect time. The WWE Rivals show on A&E is really well done. Just watched the Brett Hart/Shawn Michaels episode and watching the Rock/Stone cold episode currently.

Is there a more iconic sound then the sound of breaking glass when stone cold came out to the ring?

#8658 1 year ago

When my wife bought me tickets for Smackdown in Edmonton and Ozzfest in Vancouver for my birthday, I knew she was a keeper

#8659 1 year ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Like you Dirk, I was at the same age for all that shit. My brother had the hulkster growth chart on the wall, and Saturday nights main event were a must watch. I still have some of the old wrestling cards from back in the day..Brutus the barber, Greg ‘the hammer’, JYD..jimmy ‘super fly’ Snuka..man those were fun times..

Yeah man. We used to go to Stampede Wrestling at the Agricom every month in Edmonton when I moved there in 87. Saw lots of AWA and NWA matches as well. The next door neighbors dad was a concert promoter so we got tickets to anything that came thru town in the late 80s. Saturday Night's Main Event was awesome. We could stay up late to watch wrestling

#8664 1 year ago

One more wrestling confession. I wish i would have pursued a career in wrestling having a in with the Hart family but knew I wasn't tough enough. Stu would have made me cry. Lol. My friends in high school said I should take steroids and hgh to maximize my potential but I was too much of a pothead to care. Being 6'3 and over 200 lbs without working out, I think I could have had a Goldberg/Austin physique with dedication.

#8668 1 year ago

Confess I will always try to be super nice to you. I am 5'7 and 152 lbs, so you could just about squash me like a bug.

Lol. Love you johnny. I'm a lover more then a fighter.

Unless someone abuses kids or women, I can get down with them.

My dad's a little guy guy. Well short. Only 5'7 or 5'8. That's why I have small hands and only a size 13 shoe. You know what they say about small hands?

#8699 1 year ago

My dad has pulmonary cystic fibrosis and it absolutely fucking sucks. He was diagnosed right when covid started. Early 2020. We moved him in May into a retirement home. 3 months later he has taken a huge dive. Just got a bump in his air supply today and it basically did nothing. Now has two machines rigged together as one. If he gets up to do anything he almost immediately has to sit down to rest and huff and puff to get his air supply numbers get back up. It's tearing me up watching one of the strongest men I've ever met, become so frail and weak. He was a black belt judo champion when he was young. I wish I could do something for him besides offer company. I fear he's at the point of giving up. Next step is long term care but he's too stubborn/proud to ever get to that point. I can't imagine my dad ever asking someone to help him to go to the bathroom. He told me today to take his van cause next time he leaves here it will be on a gurney. My wife's optimistic for maybe a couple more months but I see it more as weeks.

DISEASES FUCKING SUCK ASS

#8721 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I hate the cold mornings, my nipples ache. Especially the pierced one.

Come visit me in Late January early February and we'll talk cold

#8756 1 year ago

My mother was a bitter horrible person and have no qualms saying it. Wife just shared a story with me that brought her down a shitload of pegs.
    There's a special place in heaven for my father putting up with her for 50 years. There should be a red carpet at the pearly gates he's visiting in the next couple days.
    Also confess my wife and I have had some of the best visits with my dad the past couple of days ever. Belly laughing laughs over the silliest shit. I'm going to miss him so much. One of best sence of humors ever. Wish I had his personality. Can talk to anyone and always had a one liner for a situation. Heard so many great stories about him the past few days. I'm going to miss him so much.

#8792 1 year ago

I think Tron is trash. Can't see the appeal at all. I'd way rather play Funhouse

#8795 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Not even the best toy in pinball (spinning disc) amuses you?
    ToEachTheirOwnPunkin

Rudy is the best toy in pinball.

#8817 1 year ago

I confess. I actually like IJ4. I generally don't like stop and go games but I like this one for some reason. The one I'm currently playing is really frustrating ( flippers go dead and awards bonus in middle of ball) but I still find myself playing it more then Iron man (which works fine)

439 posts in this topic match your search for posts by dirkdiggler. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirkdiggler.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=dirkdiggler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.